Official, and important server announcements pertaining to the game. Check them out before playing.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Feedback

Post by Nighthand » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:10 pm

Old topic removed.

Tell me why you don't find this enjoyable enough to spent a little bit of time each week to post. What is it that's not happening, and why isn't it working?

Explain to me why posts aren't coming in.
Last edited by Nighthand on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:24 pm

Well, I think the start of the schoolyear has put a fairly huge damper on most of our posting spirits (that, and seeing no new posts almost every other time I log on here). There's also the fact that we don't have nearly as much communication and/or planning between posts as we had after the recruitment was up. Maybe it's partly the fact that there's hardly ever anyone online anymore. Co-ops are a thing of the past, it seems, even when they used to be so useful in creating posts (and so fast, too). I think another thing that's hurting us is the fact that, as soon as our quests started, ours in particular lost one of its power-posters, and the group dwindled down to three or four people.

And a proposition: it's not to late to undo it. I'm sure we can have someone or something act as a placeholder in one thread while the rest go off to help the other along towards its finish. After one's done, we'll go back and finish off the other where we left off. It might not work as quickly, but there would be more to go off post-wise.

Oh, and just something to remind myself: four pages is a nice length, but it takes a long time to read, especially when a page is all that's really required for some posts.
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:34 am

I'd want to agree on the schoolyear...but it's not as if the posting was going well before the year started either. I second the lack of new posts part though...when it feels like the quest is a duo, it loses something. Active and GM quests...that's why I came back. We've only got half of that right now.

Also...it takes away a certain amount of the joy when you feel obligated to make progress. If you don't kill something, no one will. It forces a constant offense that isn't always wanted.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:55 pm

It's not you, and it's not the board, and it has nothing to do with the desire to post either. It's the fact that, like you, I can't do this alone. I'm a writer by trade and I like this RP, dammit. I'm a busy college student, but I MAKE TIME to do this stuff. But when other people slack off, just what am I suppose to do? I can't just steal the show for myself! I put alot of thought into my work here and thus, that requires input from others. I need something to react to and to write about. Roleplaying is give-and-take, and I most certainly GIVE. So now, I'm going to post probably tonight since you others are otherwise having trouble. Why? BECAUSE I CAN! I don't want shit dropped for nothin'! I earned my way here, and by god, I will keep it active if you can't seem to pull it together.
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Senna
Awakened Player

Post by Senna » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:23 am

Well, if there's any way the initial post per round could be moved closer to the weekend, I would appreciate it. Wednesday is production day, so the two days bookending it, I jsut can't seem to mentally make posting a priority. Weekends are much better. I know that's just laziness on my part, but if possible, I would prefer it.

EDITED to add, if anyone wants to try to collaborate on a post, shoot me a PM if you can't catch me online and let me know when in the next couple days I might be able to find you online.
Senna, level 33 Long Arm (710 HP/180 SP)
Most common kit: Ichigou, Racoon Earcaps, Air Bracer, Snow Panther, Winter Coat, Graceful Book
Spells/Skills: (Critical Hit/Death) Repulse Cage, Ap Corv, Ap Vorv, Rai Rom, Rue Zot, La Repth
Click for full equipment and items
14300 (1/23)

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:06 pm

Unless anyone objects, I think I'll be moving the posting day to Thusday. Still a day off for me, a better time for Senna, and no one else I've talked to yet has complained. If you have a problem with it, post between now and tuesday if you would. Otherwise, I'll start determining how I want to make the transition (i.e. two posts in a week, or going a week and two days for the post)

Also, I edited Canti's and Senna's posts with their results, and with the results of Dien's, though from my previous OOC that was probably obvious enough.

Almost, but still not quite.

Also, meeting thread has been added. This way we can schedule meetings. Hooray?

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:26 pm

*huggles* I'm sorry... I have no excuse. *sweatdrops*
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Thu May 10, 2007 8:45 pm

New topic.

How do you people prefer that I set up monsters? Should I provide as much detail in the ooc as possible into their tactics/strengths/weaknesses? Should I only provide stats and state other things as they become known? Should I make them complete mysteries until their abilities are used?

This won't really affect the way bosses are done, but in terms or normal battles like the ash monsters, which do you prefer, and why?

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Thu May 10, 2007 9:36 pm

I would think it'd be best to state everything about the monsters right away. After all, it's difficult to write an action if we have no idea what will happen when we preform said action, it makes writing a bit harder. Plus, with random enemies we tend to want to simply kill them, if we had to stop posts at one action, like we would in a duel, just to see what would happen, fights would be very drawn out.
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:04 pm

My excuse is simply instability.

Hi, everyone. My life has been very unstable. My girlfriend and I are splitting up to go to school in different states and spend some times straightening ourselves out for our future. So I will be staying with my grandmother while going to school. This makes my ability to write much more stable. I miss Divergence, and I have tried to turn to different websites to find some fresh roleplaying. Nothing measures up to Divvy, and I'd like to become more active. I suppose I will wait until the next time I can converge in.

I'd like to meet some of the new faces that have joined, and I'd like to say hello to some of the old faces. If, that is, you guys will take me back...

AGAIN.
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:12 am

About that, we need to talk... but you'll probably have to go back to subs. You've had several chances to come back and you've disappeared each time... it's time to earn your way back to being a part of Main.

PM me or IM me some time to discuss all of this.

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:10 am

1) Everyone has done their share of disappearing. If I'm not mistaken, just about everyone did on the last quest I was on. Nobody was posting.

2) The subs and I... we don't mix. I simply wont go back there. Sorry, Nights.
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:27 pm

Let me put it this way. Your last quest post was ten months ago. Not once in ten months have you managed to so much as contact me with any sort of excuse, or reason, or anything.

Pointing to this thread, and I quote:
Announcement wrote:Missing four or more months: Why are you even still in Main? If you disappear for four or more months without once managing to contact me, you shouldn't be here. Back to subs with you. You'll have to prove you can be here before you can come back.
I have to draw the line at some point; this is the line. You made it to Mainplot once. You'll have to do it again. I could, honestly, care less how well you mix with subs. That should be all the more incentive to start there, prove yourself active enough for Main once more, and get back here.

As for the last quest you were on, "just about everyone" both managed to contact me, and hasn't been gone for ten whole months. That, or they're still gone. Whatever the case happens to be, rules are rules, and you of all people should understand how to follow them.