Official, and important server announcements pertaining to the game. Check them out before playing.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Questions

Post by Nighthand » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:29 pm

A couple of things I'm pondering.

First off, now that I have class on monday and thursday nights, I'm thinking about changing the posting day (at least for a couple of months, until the fall semester starts and I have a more complicated schedule.)

So, the options are this: Should I
A) Move posting day to wednesday until further notice
B) Keep posting day thursday unless it really becomes an issue with class
C) Move posting day to friday until further notice

Opinions, conflicts, comments anyone?

The other thing I'm pondering is making posting a twice-a-week thing. This week has shown that pretty much everyone can post within one day of the deadline... I don't know if any of you were writing that post over the course of the whole week, but, if not, twice a week shouldn't be too difficult. I don't mind a sacrifice to length and/or quality for a boost in speed...

This, as a change, wouldn't take place immediately. I probably wouldn't implement it until the next quest anyways. Question is, do you all think you can handle it if I made the change? Also, if I do change it, should it be a regular interval (i.e. every three days or every four days) or should it be fixed days (i.e. i post every monday and thursday)?

Comments, ideas, conflicts, etc?
Last edited by Nighthand on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:44 pm

I don't have a preference day of when you post, really. As long as you let us know if it changes from Thursday.

About the twice-a-week thing, however, I have some fairly weighty conflicts. I have to post for the EC as well, so that's more or less a twice-a-week thing for me right now. Two for Main would three-a-week on top of my work schedule (and going to school full time which I should be starting mid-way into the next quest). It's going to be really, really difficult to get done what I need to and what to worry about twice-a-week. If everyone else is fine with it, my opinion obviously won't matter, but that's how it is for me.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:51 pm

If we keep it one a week, I don't care which day the deadline is. Regardless of the last possible day, every day of the week will be available for posting.

I like the idea of doing it either twice a week, or every certain amount of days between GM posts. If an advancing post went up every 4 or 5 days even, it would get things moving. As it is, you post one day, and then can't do much of anything for a week.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:03 pm

An additional note: if I make posting twice a week, and a few people (like you, Zan) can't manage both every week, I won't count it as much against you. One post a week is the minimum, two a week would be recommended and a bonus.

What I mean is, if posting becomes twice a week and you miss one of the two for a week, it's not as bad a deal as it is if you miss a round at our current pace. Missing a full week, though, would be more detrimental.

I understand the pressures of a full time school schedule, and with work on top of it... I dunno if I'll even be able to handle it once school starts back up hardcore for me. I hope to have a job of my own by then too, so, we'll see how things go.

Other opinions?

Fuzzhead
Elevated Player

Post by Fuzzhead » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:04 pm

My main opinion on that matter is that if we do move to two posts a week, they should be on set days, maybe Tuesday and Friday, or something to that effect. I don't much like every 4 or 5 days.

I don't go to college until late September, but when it does start up, I have no idea how active I can be. Then again, for all I know, I'll have even more time to post, but that seems unlikely.
Level 25 Fist Fighter
Boxing Gloves | Nny Scales | Dice Gloves | Iron Anklet | Time Headband

Skills: Ap Corv, Ap Torv, GiVak Don, Ap Torma, Ap Do, Repth, Kiwami, Double Mortal Scorcher

Wishlist:
1.) Rare Foot Armor
2.) FF Belief
3.) Any stat-altering items

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:55 pm

Twice a week sounds all right, but as well as most everyone else has said, Full time worker + Full time student + other stuff=(for me) very limited time. I think I would be able to make the posts happen, but if I could not, then I could at least do one a week.

What if the next quest we did a trial run of twice a week(if more people say they can post that much a week). That way everyone can test how stressed their schedules will be.

As for me, I know i have class mon-thurs and I work tues, and fri-sun when school starts back. Monday is also my night class >.> so yeah xD...but I am pretty sure I could find the time the day before the deadlines haha.
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Senna
Awakened Player

Post by Senna » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:38 am

I only work and do my volunteering stuff, so as long as I don't *have* to post up on a Tuesday or Wednesday I don't care when or how many times the deadlines are.
Senna, level 33 Long Arm (710 HP/180 SP)
Most common kit: Ichigou, Racoon Earcaps, Air Bracer, Snow Panther, Winter Coat, Graceful Book
Spells/Skills: (Critical Hit/Death) Repulse Cage, Ap Corv, Ap Vorv, Rai Rom, Rue Zot, La Repth
Click for full equipment and items
14300 (1/23)

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:53 am

I just work as well so I don't care about multiple deadlines as much.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath