Official, and important server announcements pertaining to the game. Check them out before playing.

Moderator: Nighthand

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, REGARDING THIS GAME

Post by Gingitsune » Thu May 01, 2003 7:46 pm

We're finally back from that horrible bandwidth outage- ick!
So I have to take some measures to prevent that from happening again too soon!

1. ALL SUBPLOTS will soon be moved to a new board, NO subplots will be posted here! I'm sorry, but it's the way it has to be! RPG's run on one plotline, not a million little seperate ones! They really sap my bandwidth, and have 1,000,000 times as many posts as Main Plot does!
I'll keep you posted on where those are going to go...

2. PLEASE don't keep posting over and over again! I'm going to have to limit posting per topic:
MAIN PLOT: You may only have up to TWO posts per post of a moderator/administrator- UNLESS no admin/mod has posted for a whole day. This will stop the endless pages to be read by people that don't get on all the time, and will help keep my bandwidth down.
OFF-TOPIC: You may only post more than THREE times in a topic (or per page in a topic) if you have something substansial to say, no posts that say "okay" and that's it, or "that's cool"
NO ONE-LINERS anywhere! Alright? Unless it's a post like "Post your name here or get your character deleted" or something along those lines.
Use your judgement!

Sorry about that :D it'll be for now, it may not be permanent, we'll see how things go, alright?

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Thu May 01, 2003 10:52 pm

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, G, i understand, and I completely agree. Well, please, quickly add them somewhere. I want to finish getting the Bronze Dragon, which will give me even more power than I have now. But, ok.......................I'm still very sad.........
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

Aoshi

Post by Aoshi » Thu May 01, 2003 11:53 pm

hey dont you think thats a little harsh on us? plus i got suggestions like deleting side quests after they finishing it and pming it to them? plus have a mod give us the rest cause you didnt reward us with 2 of our quests yet. and delete some inactive people or people that hadnt posted just to help. sound good gingi?

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Fri May 02, 2003 12:16 am

Aoshi, it isnt harsh at all. Its harsh if the bandwidth goes down AGAIN. to save that from happening, cuts have to be made.
1. ALL SUBPLOTS will soon be moved to a new board

That is the remedy, as they were making up at least half of the board.
Last edited by Kurai on Fri May 02, 2003 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Fri May 02, 2003 12:21 am

Well...I would not suggest getting rid of previous plots, they are fun to read and show proof of us actually gaining lvs. and items, and using them. We could however, move them to some archive section and possibly do something with them to not hurt the bandwidth so much.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Fri May 02, 2003 2:21 am

It's not just the space, it's the amount of people that come here just to read and post in the subplot that are eating away at my bandwidth, if I'm able to split the two sections up, I shouldn't have that problem as much- you see!
I'll really have it up soon, like this weekend (possibly).
It's the only thing we can do right now

Wanderer
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Wanderer » Fri May 02, 2003 2:32 am

There are a lot of users who dont post at all, they've registered but just dont post ever! And even with those people who have like posted once in their entire time. I say eliminate the 0 posted users, and then check the dates on the people who posted "Once"
Surely this'll help?
Level15 Wavemaster
GP: 2100
Abilites|Rai Rom|GiRai Rom|Gan Rom|Gan Zot|Rue Kruz|Juk Rom
Equipped|Jesters' Wand|Hiking Gear|Steel Cap|Ceramic Anklet|Fossil Bracer
Items|Yellow Candy|Almighty Wand|Mages Soulx3|Speed Charmx2|Raging Earthx5
Rare Items: Jesters’ Wand|BL Yokohama|Gaia Gloves|Time Bracer|Time Headband|Spiral Edge

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Fri May 02, 2003 2:35 am

It won't really- as I said before, it's not the actual size of the board on my server, it's the data transfer of people coming, and posting, and going through it. Those users that don't post, and have registered but never played hardly take up any space at all... It's the players that are on very often, and post very often that are hurting my bandwidth, and most of that is taking place in subplot.

Aoshi

Post by Aoshi » Fri May 02, 2003 2:50 am

i'd say delete them for insurance so to speak. since theres like 100 of them and when they came in i bet they did transfer data so that will help us i think.

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Fri May 02, 2003 1:41 pm

If your talking about those who registered and don't post, that will be done soon. It's kinda sad to see a memberlist with about a tenth of it acutally playing the game :P
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri May 02, 2003 9:22 pm

my brother is a member of an rpg that has over fifty pages worth of people who have never once posted. it's kinda sad. i have no idea what's going on in the story there. it's not just sad, but confusing.

Maloris

Post by Maloris » Sun May 04, 2003 1:55 am

I want to play, but school, and my novel are taking up all my time. It seems I have no time to play anything at all. So, Gingitsume, you have my permission to delete all of my messages, including my registration and such. I want to play, but I will gladly give my opportunity away to fix problems, and give others a chance. From here on in, I submit my resignation. I am deeply sorry. Goodbye to all, I wish thee fare journeys.

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sun May 04, 2003 2:00 am

Maloris wrote:I want to play, but school, and my novel are taking up all my time. It seems I have no time to play anything at all. So, Gingitsume, you have my permission to delete all of my messages, including my registration and such. I want to play, but I will gladly give my opportunity away to fix problems, and give others a chance. From here on in, I submit my resignation. I am deeply sorry. Goodbye to all, I wish thee fare journeys.
Oh no! That's really not necessary... ^_^;; I feel bad now.
You can play whenever you have time, that stuff's not what's bothering me really, it's the posting that takes place regularly, a few odd posts here and there won't hurt!

Aoshi

Post by Aoshi » Sun May 04, 2003 2:03 am

yeah it would make me sad seeing that happen :(