In need of some reading material? Buy powerful scrolls here.
Librarian: Neona

Moderator: Nighthand

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Dream of a Broken Jigsaw, The First Creature

Post by Hacorie » Sat May 14, 2005 12:55 am

I am so cold, but why? This does not feel like Mac Anu. Where am I? What happened to me? Help…

Drifting off in his sleep, Hacorie soon opened his eyes. He was not in the normal Root Town where he dropped. Blinking a few times, he turned his head back and forth looking at his surroundings. All that could be seen was a white background. This white was cold and settles on the ground, it was snow. A cold sensation gently touched his nose as white crystals of frozen water began to fall from the sky. The few flakes turned into many as the snowfall turned into an all out blizzard. White was still the only thing to be seen with the occasional gray between snow flakes. Hacorie was befuddled by the sight of the snow. He wondered why it started all of a sudden and why, like normal fields, it was not one precipitation. Hac also did not know how he came to being at this field or what it had in store for him.

Right before he could start searching for an answer, a wise old voice came into his mind.

Warrior, move forward. Draw your sword and continue on. Reach the bottom of the dungeon after completing each trial. There everything will be explained. Six statues roam this place. Find them all and then come. Each statue is guarded by the element it represents. You need to destroy the guardian or guardians first. After that go to the statue and take the item that lay beneath the statue. Collect all six before you reach me. Listen well young one and heed my words. Good Luck to you.

WHO ARE YOU?! Why don’t you tell me now? Please answer! Six statues in the field. This is too confusing. I must find out about why I am here though. I will try my hardest to succeed in this task. It sounds easy enough.

With its last word the voice faded out of his mind as if it were traveling in a distance. Even more confused Hacorie listened to what it had said. He slowly placed his hand on the Oceanic Aura and withdrew it from the sheathe that concealed it. The Heavy Blade then began to walk forward, shivering as the coldness pelted him and soaked through his cloak. Eyes wide, Hac squinted his eyes as tears dripped out the sides of them. The wind that brought the snowstorm had dried his eyes, and the tears were only to water down his eyes. Trudging through the ankle-deep half-frozen water, the Heavy Blade saw a gigantic dark object in the distance. Transferring one foot in front of the other, he slowly made his way toward it.

Is this the first statue? Yes!... but what is it? It is covered in snow. I need to get closer.

Coming into view as the outlined figure became more detailed, Hacorie noticed the settled snow begin to move all around him. The storm suddenly stopped and forms began to form around him. Five human figures appeared and hardened into ice. Each had a different weapon. One had a Heavy Sword, one had a Long Arm weapon, another had a Blademaster sword, the next to last had a wand, and the last had two smaller blades like a Twin Blade would carry. Hacorie drew his sword quickly to not be taken advantage of, from the get go. The blue Oceanic Aura shined brightly as the cold slender blade pointed toward its enemies. Cracking a smile on his face, the Heavy Blade stepped his right foot backwards and brought the hilt of the sword next to his ear.

Letting no time pass, Hacorie ran forward paying no heed to four of the five monsters. Hac’s vision and thoughts were only focused on the nearest one. Why am I fighting? I do not want to fight, but if I do not, I will be destroyed. I must continue on. I cannot risk dying. With that though in mind, Hacorie got close to the Long Arm enemy and slashed his sword horizontally toward it. The monster turned to water and the sword passed right through its body. Eyes widening as his sword passed all the way through his body, the monster turned to ice once again. It quickly brought its weapon around its body and smashed it into the Heavy Blade’s side.

Slumping to the ground, the Heavy Blade put his left hand in front of him and tried to keep the monster frozen, but he noticed something different. He could not focus on the water particles. His power was not working. What!? The monster quickly watched Hacorie and then swung its pole toward the Heavy Blade again. Eyes widening at the attack, Hacorie fell straight to the ground and felt a small gust pass over his body as the monster could be heard stomping its foot trying to stop the centrifugal force of his swing.

Taking the monsters size, seven feet tall, Hacorie backed up a good bit while keeping his eyes on the monsters. They seemed to be coming closer together to each other. Hacorie knew why, but it was too late. All five of the monsters roared and stared down the lone Heavy Blade. The four fighters then stepped forward as the Wavemaster stepped back. A bright blue light engulfed the entire group as the rue aura shot from behind them. The lone glyph was for the spell Rue Kruz. Watching the signal subside below him, Hac looked around his body quickly.

Small shards of ice had already begun to appear. The sickles then began to swirl around the player as he turned in circles looking at them. Soon after they started swirling, the shards quickly closed in and pieced the Heavy Blade’s clothes and armor underneath. Eyes bulging in pain, Hacorie fell to the ground and began coughing up blood. The monsters’ attacks and spells were at an incredible level that he could not match. Hac grasped his chest and slowly got right back up on his feet holding his Oceanic Aura with one hand now. Sniffling his nose a bit, Hac began to see their plan.

Right as he began to figure everything out though, the front line of defense, protecting the Wavemaster charged at him with weapons pointed and ready to attack. The twin blade was the first to arrive already moving its gigantic arm in a pinwheel motion. Taking advantage of its speed, Hacorie sidestepped to the left watching out of the corner of his eyes as the monster flew by. Next was the Long Arm who swung its blade horizontally to strike Hac in the mid-section. The Heavy Blade tried to block this by swinging his blade diagonally toward the sky. The clang of metal was soon heard as the two weapons interlocked with one another. With a smirk on his face, the character fell to a kneeling position and watched the Long Arm stumble forward. With the blade now pointed upward on the ground, Hacorie came up in a diagonal path and trust his sword the same way. The cracking of ice sounded and the monster dissipated into many particles that were now strewed about in the snow.

Watching the particles fall to the ground, a crashing sound came in front of the Heavy Blade as the raining ice was cut through showing a monster with a gigantic sword. Standing upright again, Hacorie jumped backward continuing to stare onward as the footsteps in the snow trudged behind him and two monsters stood in front of him. Suddenly, the noise behind him stopped. With curiosity flowing through his veins now, Hacorie quickly jerked his head and looked behind himself for a quick second. The Twin Blade was gone. No one was behind the Heavy Blade.

Focusing back on the Ice monsters again, Hacorie saw that now three stood in front of him. With a bewildering look on his face, Hacorie remembered how they were formed. So they can reform at will before being defeated? This will be tough. I was lucky with the last one. The other four will harder. I really need to win this to find out why I am here and where I am, and if it means following a strange old voice, I will. Maybe I can . . . Nope. I cannot gate out, wherever I am. Is this all a ploy by the hackers? I must find out, and to do that I must move on.

Taking no time to think about his standing any longer, Hac decided to start the offensive this time. With a bloodstained mouth, he felt the snow crunch beneath his feet as he neared the three opponents. Aiming for the middle, he watched as the two on the sides ran in opposite directions. One to Hac’s left, the other to his right. Paying little attention to them, he got his Oceanic Aura ready to strike the Heavy Blade that was left. I will show you how a Heavy Blade is suppose to fight! Hac called in his mind as he watched another glyph encircle him. This time though the circle was wider. It even engulfed the ice golem he was near.

The ground quickly began to shake as pillars of ice erupted from the ground striking the oncoming golem and continued on its course, straight for Hac. The Heavy Blade was luckily able to think before he was struck. Repth! A white aura engulfed him and healed his body right before the attack hit. Once it came, the spell scraped his body several times leaving gashes in his clothes with blood staining the white snow beneath. He looked down at the snow and sniffed again from the cold. Hacorie then stepped backwards as he heard a whistling sound. It was the cutting of wind from the icy sword the other Heavy Blade was carrying. Snow went everywhere once the attack hit the ground, but as it settled, Hac was shown not to be hurt. He had reacted by ducking and turning to the side which made the blade pass right by his face. He then readied himself for the oncoming onslaught. Hac closed his blue glowing eyes and tensed his muscles to reduce damage, but nothing came. No roaring footsteps or sounds came from around.

Opening his eyes slightly, Hac only saw the Wavemaster in the distance, but it now was too far to cast a spell. Looking around, he saw one Ice monster, the Twin Blade.

It seems you cannot take care of all five at once. You are weaker then I expected. I shall shorten this challenge a bit until you prove your strength in battle. Your mind is clustered with too many thoughts not concerning your objective. Free those lingering thoughts to attain a greater sense of battle. You will face two opponents each of these rounds. First the Twin Blade and Wavemaster. Then the two bladers last. Once one opponent disappears though another will take its place. You will not be allowed to attack the new monster until the one remaining from the last round is dead. They can attack you though. The Wavemaster has a doubled range so it can attack you from its position. Your first challenge will be the Twin Blade though so you can do nothing about the Wavemaster just yet.

With voice fading once again, Hacorie sighed and faced his opponent. How am I suppose to have a clear mind when I do not even know why I am here? Clenching his hands on the hilt of his sword, he put one foot forward. Then, in uncertainty, Hac stepped the foot back. He did not know whether to move toward his faster opponent or make it come toward him. After contemplating for a few seconds, Hacorie decided to wait. Right when his decision was made up, the crunching of snow in front of him made him lift his head. The ice warrior was running toward him with blades stretched toward the outside of its body. Once it was close, the monster started slashing at Hac. Moving his feet and arms back at every slash, the Heavy Blade avoided them. The ice golem was not an idiot though. It saw Hac’s evading techniques and easily knew what was next. It stepped with its right and slashed. It missed like normal. Then, instead of slashing with its left, the monster slashed with its right once again. This caught Hac off guard and he felt the cold icy blade slide down the side of his arm. Pain shot through his body as he saw the bloody blade pulled from his skin.

In reflex, Hac shot his free hand to the blood to make it stop. As the anguish continued in his arm, the player watched on as the Twin Blade spun around and slashed horizontally across his stomach. More blood erupted from his body soon after. Taking a few limps back, Hacorie took his bloody hand and reached it to his side. There he found his small pouch with a few items in it. He quickly pulled out two vials and two scrolls. He brought the handful to his mouth and pulled the corks off the bottles. Turning them upward, Hacorie continued walking backwards while downing the red liquid. His few hit points skyrocketed right after the drink. Hac’s cuts and wounds all healed up and the cuts disappeared. His now tattered clothes also patched themselves up. The Heavy Blade was as good as new. The only thing that did not disappear was the nice taste of blood that remained in his mouth.

Still walking backward, Hacorie looked to the left and noticed the Wavemaster was walking forward a few steps. A bright light then extended from his wand and a small blue glyph shot out from it. The Heavy Blade quickly turned his body toward it, but kept his face focused on the Twin Blade. Crushing the two scrolls in his hand, the glyphs shot out toward the Twin Blade. These scrolls were Gale Breaths. The skill that came after they were broken were two Juk Zot’s. Trees, branches, and sharp leaves shot up from the snowy ground and chopped away at the monster skewering it. The monster then blew up like the last and in its place came the Blademaster.

Turning to his side, Hacorie started running toward the Wavemaster regretting nothing. The glyph that came earlier from the caster was now under him and blinking wildly. Suddenly a wall of snow and ice shot up in front of Hac and began to turn around and round. Paying no attention to the pain of the shards hitting him all over, Hac burst through the tornado and continued toward the Wavemaster. The golem with a rod was getting in range for attack and Hac already had his hands on the hilt of the Oceanic Aura. MeRue Zot! The ground shook and sickles shot through the Wavemaster barely doing anything since it had a high defense to spells, unlike the other four.

Since the Golem was paying watching eagerly at the spell, Hac continued to rush in with his sword now drawn. Once he was right on the monster, He slashed horizontally and as he split the Wavemaster in half, he bought his sword up in the air and slashed vertically splitting the ice body into four parts. Smiling as it fell in the snow and made imprints, Hac turned toward the sound of footsteps quickly beating toward him.

The Heavy Blade then sheathed his blue katana sheathed and watched as the hilts changed colors. He then withdrew the KK from it and called out a name in his mind. Hirameki! The blade of his sword turned an eerie green color as leaves appeared form no where and hit the ground. The attack quickly went through his opponent three times before gravity sent the pieces to the ground. Right as the monster disappeared Hac felt warm blood trickle down his back as the tearing of flesh was heard form behind him. His back was in pain which sent the Heavy Blade to the ground once again. Holding onto his sword, Hacorie turned around by rolling over and slashing upward. His Blade made a clang and stopped as Hac saw the Heavy Blade block his attack.

Smiling, the KK disappeared back into its sheathe and Hac drew another sword. This one was fire based though. Getting to his feet, Hac swung the sword horizontally and watched as the monster blocked it once again. This time though, the player Heavy Blade had a plan. Vak Drive! His blade erupted in fire and quickly melted the water in the blade. Using all his force to break the melting sword, Hac watched as the hot blade decapitated the monster. Its body then melted. Nothing else rose after it though.

Sighing, Hac sheathed his Magnifier and trudged his feet toward the tall dark pillar. As he got near, Hacorie saw a ridge that was covered in snow. A ridge in a pillar was weird so Hac instantly thought of it of where the statue was. Hac quickly began wiping the snow onto the ground until a stone figure was shown. It was a tiny owl. Under the statue of the owl was a small cubby. Is this what I need? The Heavy Blade asked himself as he slowly reached his hand in the hole. Another feel of coldness sent shivers up his bleeding spine. This feeling was quite different from snow though. It was a hard, thin piece of metal. There was an inlet in the metal and a piece that stuck out. It almost looked like the piece of a puzzle.

Now what?
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:51 pm

What is this? What does this shrine have to do with anything? I am so confused by all this. Maybe if I do as the old man suggested, I will figure it out. I must persevere through this. Though, I could just leave. Eh, but what fun would that be?

Taking a deep breath, the Heavy Blade slowly sheathed his sword and took the puzzle piece out of the crevice. On the metallic object was a snowy white owl with some unknown symbols engraved into the metal. The dazzling artwork almost seemed real, but it was just a metal piece with color. Since it was just a computer game, no matter how real it looked, the piece was just an animation. The snow then suddenly disappeared. All that was left was a bare wasteland with no end in sight. The only thing that stood out in this ground of nothing was a solid black rode which seemed to flow like a river through the field.

Follow the black path, but do not be tricked by the illusions that follow. If you succeed, you will be able to find the second piece of what you need. Once all six are collected, a surprise will await you. What that is I cannot say, but the spirits unlocked will be. With that, I take my leave and tell you that you must succeed.

Illusions eh? Time to see what is thrown at me.

Hac slowly started stepping forward. He walked right next to the black path following it to wherever it led. His right hand was gently resting on the hilt of his katana. His left was holding a scroll. Hacorie would not be surprised by anything. After taking five steps, the scenery changed once again. This time though, the setting was much different and the looks were not to a field. Instead, Hac was back in his real body, in his room. The VR helmet lie right in front of him, next to the monitor. On the screen of the monitor was an error message that could not be read.

"I am back at home? I...I can talk, but why is this all happening. I am trapped in a game. This must be an illusion that the voice was talking about. It seems so real though. Everything is exactly how I remember it No! I will not go back to this. Not like this! This place is not real, it is a figment created by someone or something to trick me into believing I was back. This will stop right here and now. I am not going to take this any more." Yelling some of these words and coming back to reality, Hac noticed everything changed back to the field. He then dropped down to one knee and smiled.

I wish it were real though. I want to go back, but not in a figment. Only if it is real.

With the first illusion gone, Hacorie found himself sweating badly. He had no idea why, but the mirage had something to do with it. In the dark distance, there was another shrine. This one was much larger than the one with the owl piece. From a distance it almost looked like a gigantic horse standing on two legs. The majestic beast seemed so close because of its size, but in all reality it was quite far. This was because there were certain events to soon take place that would make time seem to slow down.

With his next full step, Hacorie seemed to go into a daze, slowly weaving back and forth. All the time he is trying to regain his balance. Soon after, Hacorie felt himself slip into a state of unconsciousness. In what seemed like seconds, he woke up. Not in the field though, but instead though, Hacorie was in a bed. He was still Hacorie so he was not outside the game. Looking around a bit, the Heavy Blade noticed his weapons sitting off to the side of the bed. A woman soon stepped in with a warm rag in her hand.

"Oh, you are you are up. You should rest more though. Your wounds look quite awful Hac. You really need to take care of yourself and be lucky that I was searching around the village making sure there were no monsters about."

That voice, it sounds so familiar. Could it be Sophie?

Where am I? I feel so light headed. The last thing I remembered was that I was running toward a giant black stallion pranced up on its hind hoofs like a majestic creature. Remembering the thought of this animal quickly struck a pain through Hac's head.

Seeing that Hac was in pain, the Blademaster woman quickly came over with her rag and laid it on his forehead. Hac slowly calmed down and looked up at Sophie. He smiled gently as he sat up and took the wash rag off his head. After, he slowly stood up out of the bed and handed her the rag. He bowed, in thanks, toward her and walked out of the room and then out of the house. Hacorie was met with a surprising sight. A forest... A bright light shone through the trees and leaves and touched Hac in the face.

"Yeah, we are pretty far away from town. This is my home away from home. I stay here when I am searching this place since I am so far out. Some of my fellow hunters claimed there was a monster out here, but I have not seen it yet. They claim it is a ghost. How can I believe that though?" With a laughable tone in her voice, the Blademaster stepped forward and shoved Hac's weapon toward him. "Ready to go out and help me find it? I may need a little help."

Storing away most of his weapons, Hac kept two at his side. One was the KK and the other was the Oceanic Aura. It was the bright blue blade he had got earlier in time. It had been converted from a byakuen in pure water. The glowing blue blade was a memory to the past. One of the past water controlling powers. The two players quickly started out into the forest without warning the other. Once the house was out of sight, a sound was heard around the two. Keeping their eyes in front of them, the two saw something at a distance. It quickly disappeared though. A second later, a black portal opened in front of the two. Hacorie not taking time to think anything through withdrew his blade and ran forward ready to attack. What appeared from the portal was not normal though. It was instead abnormal. Slashing at the creature, Hac felt himself continue to fall forward as his slash split the monster in two, but did not hurt it. It was like a hologram.

Why did it not work?

"It is the ghost!"

"That I am miss. I am the ghost of this forest. I do not like being hunted down so now it is time for you to die. Wryneck Pha!" A gigantic beast shot up form the ground and quickly sent energy of darkness toward the two. Hacorie watched as Sophie fell to the ground. Soon after, he fell as well. On Sophie's way down though she shouted her own spell and Hac heard a crunching noise beneath her body before he totally fell into an unconscience state. The next thing he knew, was that he was revived by Sophie. "Hac get up and be ready to fight. We are all now drained of SP, even the demon. So let us go and attack!"

Staggering to his feet, Hacorie stumbled onto his ass as he looked up at the ghost. It was just smiling and turning in circles. It seemed like a child that wanted someone to play with it, but then again it was dangerous. Looking it dead in the eye, Hacorie smiled as he withdrew his Oceanic Aura. He was about to have a little fun, a thing that had been lacking lately.

Once the sword was fully withdrawn, Hacorie ran at his target again. Getting close enough to strike it, he swung his blade diagonally upward. Like before, the slash went right through the beast and no damage was admitted to it. Gritting his teeth and tightening the grip he had on his blade, Hacorie looked at Sophie who now had her sword drawn. Being a Blademaster, she was more maneuverable. She did not hide this fact as she almost seemed to dance with her blade trying to slash the monster. She started with an upward slash like Hac, but then planted her front foot to the ground ant turned completely around bringing her sword through the monster again. Sophie then moved her wrist in a circular formation and pulled back her blade. Using all her force, she pierced forward. She still missed the monster every time. This ghost, was invulnerable.

"I guess it is time for me to have a little fun then, since you two seem to bore me." The ghost then started twirling in circles and then shot straight toward Sophie. It was too quick, and Hac could not jump in front of her to protect her. Something strange happened right after that though. Instead of hurting her internally, the ghost stayed inside the lady Blademaster. "Hac, run, get out of here!" Sophie screamed. As she blinked, a ghostly aura engulfed her body and her eyes changed from a brilliant green to a crimson red.

"Hahahahaha. I finally possess a body. Now you will die Heavy Blade. The only way to kill me, is to kill her. And trust me, she has no control over this body now. Even so, if you kill me, you kill her. I will not let up on my assault though. So what will you do? Die, or cause the death of a friend?"

Tough decision, but Sophie would want me to kill her if it meant killing a vile demon that could do harm to the town that is nearby.

Holding his grip tight on the Oceanic Aura, Hacorie dashed off toward his opponent. The katana in his hand was dragging behind him, gently touching the ground making a tiny indented line. Smiling at the possessed girl, Hac planted his front foot and moved his free hand to help grip the katana. The sudden stop made Hac's arms fly in front of him, but he added extra weight to that by using all his might for the slash as well.

Clang!

Sophie tried to block, but it came to no avail. Her sword dipped backwards as Hac continued to spin around in a complete circle. He slid one hand halfway down his blade and thrust forward on the return trip to see Sophie. The sharp blow hit the Blademaster and she stepped back in agonizing pain. She then began to cough up blood right after. The head of Sophie then looked up at Hac with eyes full of tears. Her ghostly presence was no where to be found now. All traces were depleted.

"Thank you..." She whispered as the girl fell over forward, dead. Hacorie pulled out a revive and tried to revive her, but she would not come back. One slight tear gently fell down his face as the scenery began to fade away.

Hac quickly opened his eyes as a jolt hit him. He was sweating more than ever and was breathing quite heavily. Hacorie was back in the field of darkness. Looking around, he wondered what had happened. Nothing was making sense. Hacorie slowly stood up and continued his walk toward the horse again. As he got close to the statue, a black orb appeared in front of his body. It slowly encircled him and disappeared in a flash of light with a sound of breaking glass.

Good job warrior, you have completed my task. Now take what you are here for and continue on.

As the voice disappeared, something moved in front of Hacorie. A crevice appeared like the one from earlier. Hac slowly reached in and took another piece of metal out. This time, a black, almost see through horse was pictured. It was standing on all four legs, looking proud and royal.

As soon as Hac put the piece in his satchel, the field changed once again. This time, it was to a gigantic forest with trees that almost blocked out all sunlight from coming in. Many leaves were flowing around the ground by a nonexistent wind. They were moving on their own as if they could move without help from an outside force. This puzzling anomaly was not the only strange thing. Hac was right next to the shrine for the next beast, but there was no beast there like the last ones. The only problem was that there was no hole for a puzzle piece. The only other thing that stood out was a sign next to the shrine. It was written in a foreign tongue that Hac could not make out.

Releaser of spirits,
Warrior of new.
Follow the paths
and do not beware.
In any forest,
the looks change.
This depends on the season.
To find Your way through,
follow the seasons in order.

N: Winter
S: Summer
E: Fall
W: Spring

The passage will be clear
and it will open.
This riddle will test
Your knowledge.
You need this
to make Your purpose clear to me.

So I have to follow this riddle to get it open and get the next piece of the puzzle? What could it mean though? If I follow these directions, maybe something will happen. I really have to find out if the way is hidden in this puzzle or is this puzzle. There is only one problem, which way do I start? Which season should I go to first? If I am correct with this, the letter before the season means the directions, but it does not tell me where to go first. Maybe I must think a bit more on this. The first season in a year is winter, but it has no full season in a year. Maybe I should start in the way of spring and see what next.

Hac quickly turned to the west and started walking, the scenery of a normal forest did not change at all, but Hac came to another sign. Thinking he had walked in a circle, Hac ignored this object and kept walking east. This time, after a few steps, the scenery did change. Snow covered the ground and almost hid another sign which seemed like the same one from earlier since it was in the same place. Heeding it no attention, Hac remembered the directions to go. I thought west led me to spring, but this led me to winter. Confused and dismayed, Hacorie walked north and was back in spring.

He then remembered something key. Well, he did not really remember it, but he noticed it. When Hacorie started, he was in spring. That means the way to travel would be going toward summer which is south. Laughing internally at his mistake, Hacorie went south a few feet. An immense heat wave struck him as he started to sweat hard since the forest was entrapping the heat from rising. Remembering the riddle, Hac started off east. He however did not end up in fall like he had hoped, instead Hac was back in spring.

What the fuck?!?! I followed the directions exactly....maybe if I look at the sign again something will come to me.

At the sign in spring was a tiny note at the bottom with exclamation points on both sides. This time they were not written in a strange language, but instead they had pictographs. There was an eye and an engraving of a sign. So I should watch the signs? It is worth a try.

After heading into summer again, Hacorie spotted the sign and walked toward it. A voice of the forest spoke loud and read it in Hac's head.

N:Heat stroke rules the land.
S: Cold snow covers all.
E: Leaves of Green hanging from trees.
W:Brown crisp leaves falling to the ground.

So now I go west...

Going to the west, Hacorie met up with leaves crushing beneath his feet and echoing for what seemed like miles. The trees were almost bear with only yellow leaves still on them getting read to fall and die. A swift wind blew by and the leaves on the trees and ground danced together as if in a synchronized way. Hacorie trudged through the sight and quickly found the next sign.

N: Cold snow covers all.
S: Leaves of green hanging from trees.
E:Brown crisp leaves falling to the ground.
W:Heat stroke rules the land.

Hacorie then headed North on his way to winter. Since he had been there before he knew exactly where the sign was. Quickly reading t he saw spring was east. Hac headed that way and met back to the shrine. It was different this time though. It had a beast at the top. The beast was of an unknown type. The shrine then opened and Hac grabbed the puzzle piece and then started walking away to only hear another voice and see another shrine in the distance.

Thunder strikes started to form around the Heavy blade putting him in a prison of sorts and not letting him continue. The defenses to get to the next shrine was a lot tougher than the rest so far. There seemed to be no way out of the continuing lightning strikes. The strikes themselves were different, but they were so close together that they looked like they never stopped. Knowing there was no way out yet, Hacorie sat on the muddy ground. Soon after, rain began falling from the sky. Looking at his katana, Hacorie got an idea. If he used one of his Heavy Swords made of metal, he could in theory reflect the struck for a few seconds. Taking out a sword from his back and putting another in, Hacorie ran forward and pointed his blade out from his stomach. As it reached the lightning, Hac did a one-eighty degree turn and drew his blade back. Out of the lightning prison, Hac turned, sheathed his blade, and then ran toward the shrine.

A thunderclap then struck down a few feet in front of Hac. As it cleared, came a gigantic monster. The monster looked like a large cyclops, but with three eyes. It was.....a Triclops (DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!!!!) It was wearing a leather skin toga type thing. Electric bolts were coursing around its body. "Heh....heh....Hum...a...snack...Yummies...." The triclops then lifted its club in the air and swung it down toward Hacorie. Though the strength of the beast was great, it was as slow as a sloth. Hacorie took this into quick advantage.

MeRue Zot!

Hacorie said as gigantic pillars of ice shot up from the ground piercing the monster's body. The spikes of frozen water seemed to work since they penetrated his body completely, but looks can be deceiving. The lightning from the monsters body quickly withdrew and struck the ice into small particles of dust. The lightning aura though was no where to be found after this. It did do one noticeable thing though, it also healed the Triclops.

"My lightning....you made it go...bye bye. You MEANIE!"

The triclops then went into a rage of sorts. It started acting like a baby, otherwise known as a super saiyan 4 or any of the other ones. Quickly taking advantage of the blind rage, Hacorie called upon the same skill. Merue Zot's ice pillars came shooting up making holes in the monster. The triclops could not feel pain though. His emotion of anger was so high, the only way to stop it was to defeat it completely.

Now pinned on the ice, the Triclops started swinging his club around like a maniac. It somehow broke the ice underneath it and rolled to the ground. Slowly, but surely it got back to its feet. Hacorie was wasting no time while this was happening. He was already up to the monster with a different sword.

Gan Smash!

Hacorie called as he hit the Heavy Sword across the abdomen of the triclops. This one attack was the needed 'umph' to stop the beast. It quickly fell to the ground backwards and could not move. It still felt no pain since it was screaming and hollering asking why it could not get up. Walking up to its head, Hacorie brought the steeler above his own head and struck it down across the triclops's neck. It was now decapitated. The monster soon turned grey and disappeared.

It does seem you will be able to be the one....

A few steps away from the prison, the field turned into the thunder plains. Strikes of lightning came hurdling down from the sky crashing near Hac almost hitting him. Taking notice to this, Hacorie ran in a zigzag formation until he reached the shrine. On top of it sat a Unicorn. Not the frilly kind you usually think of, this kind looked like a triumphant beast. Looking down at the shrine itself as the puzzle piece. It was implanted in the cement, held by lightning. As Hacorie reached down to pick it up though, it fell to the rainy ground. After he picked it up, the field magically changed once again.

Looking around, Hac noticed rocks everywhere. It seemed like a larger version of Stonehenge, a much larger one.

Let us see how you do in complete darkness.....

A gigantic dome of earth then quickly formed around the entire place. Hacorie could not see at all, but that was only for the moment. Thinking of his Magnifier, he felt the weight of his sheaths change. He quickly withdrew the blade and thought of a spell.

Ap Vakz

Hac's sword then quickly lit up with fiery power and it was almost like a torch. Taking no time, the Heavy Blade set off through the maze of stone. Taking random turns at every corner, he finally came upon another shrine. This one was made up of stone itself. Atop it sat a large man made of rock. He was quite tall and bulky. He defined the terms big and stupid.

Taking this piece out of the cubby, the field once again transformed, and Hac was met with a mysterious voice.

Hello there. Nice to meet you. This will be your last challenge. Get passed my test and you will be at where you need to in the dungeon. Good luck.

The voice called as it echoed away. The field was now a fiery walk way which led to the last shrine. The one for fire. As soon as he started to walk forward, flame jets shot up from the ground and rumbling noise came from behind him. Looking behind him, Hac saw a mountain of lava starting to level out. The lava itself was rushing toward him. Seeing the shrine, Hac jetted off toward it.

Sprinting as fast as he could, he unequipped all his swords and left on his light and medium armor. Coming up on the shrine, monsters made of the flames shot up in front of him as the lava quickly crept up behind. Wasting no time, Hac cast a Rue Rom on the middle monster and watched them all form into steam. The monsters disappeared, but more reappeared. Hac repeated the process once again. The same outcome came to pass and he was stuck with more fire demons. Continuing the process, Hac was finally at the shrine. He quickly took the piece out as the lava started to touch his feet. He felt no pain though.

Hac then noticed he was at a door. With slots for all the puzzle pieces. Making the mall fit one by one, Hac watched as the pieced lit up and then fell out of the door. One piece's animal disappeared. Hac picked all the pieces up off the ground and shoved on the door. As it opened, a white mist engulfed the air as many things whizzed by Hac's head. When the mist cleared, there was only one thing left. A white owl.

It seems my intuition about you was right. You were the one to release our souls. I am quite glad of it. We have been waiting for a person to release us. Now that you have gained my approval. Because of this, I grant you my power. You are worth of us all, but the others are not convinced. Call me whenever I am needed, but beware the consequences that follow......

The beautiful white bird then disappeared with a bright flash and only two words echoed through Hac's head.

Now, wake up
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:45 pm

Hac =-=> 2 lvls. + Holy Tree Mail + 1000 GP
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!