In need of some reading material? Buy powerful scrolls here.
Librarian: Neona

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Chronicles of the Freedom Fighters: Book One

Post by Nighthand » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:46 am

Introduction Saga

1) Welcome To The World...

The story begins within Mac Anu, a lively root server and a haven for the newbies of the world. The Root Town is heavily populated, mostly with new characters who are either buying items, forming parties, or just lounging around talking to other characters. Two level 10 characters, Nall and Gingitsune, both the type of players who would gladly help out newbies, are introduced. Nall scours the rooftops, watching the players below, eyeing a particular group of newbies. Gingitsune tries to form a group with some of the new players. Soon after Gingitsune and Nevaeh begin to converse, a message is received by all of the players in the Delta Server to come to the Root Town, signed by an administrator named Royce. Nall, expecting the Root Town to fill up and become particularly uninviting, attempts to log out and realizes he can't. Soon all of the players realize that they can't log into Mac Anu's root town, nor leave it. Buildings shake, and commotion arises when a level 48 Yoroi general appears within the city limits, and begins attacking characters. With rumors of players dying in real life after infected monsters killing their characters, people are terrified of attacking the monster. Nevaeh, an experienced hacker outside of The World, but novice at attempts within the game, weakens the monster twice, and gives Nall and a collected group of fighters a chance to nearly destroy the monster. Noticing the monster is not of its own free will, but a puppet, Gingitsune and Raye tell everyone to stop attacking. Soon a female character is heard from the rooftops, furiously scolding all of the players for hurting her creation. She erects a second Yoroi General, and rejuvenates the first. Before the mayhem begins, Balmung appears and slays both monsters. He leaves quietly after telling every player who witnessed the occurrence never to speak of it again.

2) The Aftermath

Mac Anu is in shambles from the fight against the Yoroi General's made by the hacker, Royce. The server is being scoured by the Knights of War, led by Kamui, for any sign of the hacker-- or anything hacked for that matter. Nall and Gingitsune both agree that they should do whatever they can to find out about this hacker and how she managed to be the first person to ever hack a monster into a Root Town. They gather up a group, and prepare to head to "Forbidden Passed Over Far Thunder", a field that is locked, Nall suspects, by Royce. After gathering enough man power, the first quest begins.

3) Forbidden Passed Over Far Thunder

A broken, lifeless desert. Such is the nature of Forbidden Passed Over Far Thunder. The ground is cracked as if from some great force, exposing not the innards of the world, but rather barren strips of pure code. Contact with this, explained by Nall, deletes your character. The field is barren of all save the group; not even monsters wander this landscape. The gate closes behind them; without the help of Nall, they cannot leave the field. Nall demonstrates an uncanny sight, predicting even the monsters and floors of the dungeon no one else could see over the horizon. They set off, strategizing as they go. Stumbling upon the dungeon, a trap-door in the sand, the group finds themselves in an even hotter place than the desert above. Lava lies in pools throughout the corridors. A first battle takes place when a mirage turns into reality. A Mu Guardian, protected by many smaller, hacker versions of itself. The powerful monster is more than even Nall predicted from the outset. The might of Gingitsune, combined with teamwork from the rest of the party, was sufficient to take the creature down. Soon enough another battle confronts the group, this time with custom-hacked monsters. Flame Warriors, Flame Mages, and a Hinote Minotaur round up the list. Rebuilt monsters, they had an better AI than any encountered before. That wasn't enough to save them, however, as the team continues to cut them down. Nall displays even MORE uncanny abilities, manifesting in a control over time itself with his bandana.

4) The terrifying Shinja!?! Forbidden Passed over Far Thunder 2

An empty room, a wall where stairs should be. The floor cracks, falls away, and the party falls with it. The room they arrive in is lace with molten lava, bubbling and gushing pools of it everywhere. Before the party has a chance to escape, however, the Hacker Girl they were chasing makes an appearance. Nall's casual remark reveals her name to all; Royce. She shows the tip of her power, causing dozens of portals to appear around the room. Another gesture and they drew together, merging into one portal, which activates. Revealed therein is a giant snake, covered in spines and with stats off the charts. Its tail could cut a player in half with ease, and its fangs were easily just as formidable. To top it off, its natural fire capabilities were keeping it at east in the heat that had everyone struggling. Though the head was intense, it was quickly forgotten as the team began its assault on the oppressive strength of the Shinja. After a short while of futile fighting, Royce stops the action and comes to taunt Nall, revealing more about everything in the process. She never was an admin, after all, to the shock of some players. She also talked to Nall as if she knew him, and worse, that he knew her. With ease, she vaporizes Nall, and resumes the attack. The Shinja, crawling onto a pool of lava, seems to grow in power. Finally, in a burst of inspiration, the players begin to seal off the pools of lava, which in turn locked the Shinja away from its power. Nall, recovered by this time, casts a powerful ice magic, freezing and shattering the snake's armor. With its armor gone, the snake was a push-over for the team. Soon, they return to Mac Anu. With the Knights of War still parading the streets and Kamui on the prowl, they needed somewhere to hide. Nall once again has the answer in the form of a hideout. Hidden from the Admin's, the room was perfect to rest and plan inside.

5) Mac Anu --> The Return

Not long after the return to Mac Anu, the players are darting around the root town. They stock up on items and equipment, and information. A few return with others, new recruits into this dangerous plot. Once everyone is gathered, Nall quiets them and begins his story.
Nall wrote: "A while ago, I was searching a dungeon for a rare item. Whether or not you knew, I'm what is considered a rare item hunter. I search "The World" for rare items, basically the reason I play. However, in that particular dungeon I found something that I wasn't looking for. Instead of an item, I found a large crystal. I honestly didn't know what it was. It was blue, and shiny, with some sort of emblem in the middle. While I was examining it, a girl came up to me. She asked me some questions and we talked for a while about the crystal. She told me that it was a great power that was waiting to be released, and all I had to do was touch it. I figured hey, why not, and touched the crystal. The crystal changed into a sword and fell to the ground. I picked it up and indeed felt a surge of power.

However, the girl wanted me then to give her the sword. When I refused, she attacked me. We had a long fight, but she won in the end. This girl was Royce by the way, if you hadn't guess by now. I was unable to log out, stuck in The World. She took me to another server, their server. The server wasn't really a part of The World, but rather a private server that somehow is connected with the game. Anyways, there I saw something you'd never imagine. It was a group of players, not all hackers but all a part of the same group. I saw some of the players being tortured. I thought it was just an illusion, but when I noticed a player that had been missing from The World; I knew that these must be the players that have become unconscious in the Real World.

Royce dragged me inside of a castle to the top floor. In the very top room there was a man, a wavemaster. He was very odd looking; his character was totally messed around with. Royce told him that I had found the 'last one' and that she had secured it. I was totally confused about what was happening. The man spoke to me. "Heh heh heh... It is a good thing Royce was able to stop you... Even if she hadn't, though, we would have eventually tracked you down. After all, you only had one, we had the other nine!"

I was so confused; it made no sense to me. Royce tried to get me to join their group. "If you join out group we could rule together! You’d get your sword back and you can cause havoc with me!"

I of course refused and they threw me in the dungeons. However, I somehow escaped and ran away from the fortress. I had nowhere to run though... It was in a server with no apparent chaos gate and no way to log out. After a long walk I soon passed out. I can't remember what happened exactly, but when I woke up I was in the hospital, not The World. I apparently was unconscious for a long time.

Despite the incident, I logged on to The World again. When I did, I found I had this Time Bandana. From that moment on I tried to find the link to that server and tried to solve the mystery of what was going on. I met Royce quite a few times in my travels. She wouldn't try to kill me though, she enjoyed taunting me more. I also met the other Elites of the group. A couple of times I wound up in the hospital. But I will continue to travel.
His story told, he asked the room who would come with him, and who would walk away. Of course, everyone who had heard the story joined in, for reasons unique to each.

6) Cursed Corrupted Pilgrimage

Nall soon leads the way to another adventure. This time it’s off to an Ice field, Cursed Corrupted Pilgrimage. A little more is explained as the players begin to feel the cold, something that should be impossible with simple goggles. Contact with the hacker altered the player’s data, allowing them to feel heat, cold, and pain. This said, the players set off north once again towards the dungeon. Through a somewhat twisting path, Nall leads them to the dungeon without encountering a portal. The dungeon is a different story, however, as the portals are impossible to avoid. The first one they come across activated and released, much to the relief of the party, ten normal monsters. They are soon defeated, as is the next group in the next room. From there, something odd happens. The portals that should be there are all activated and gone, the monsters nowhere to be found. Later, they stumble upon one more portal, which splits apart repeatedly, releasing over a dozen monsters for the party to fight. In the middle of the exhausting fight, a strange wall of ice envelopes Nall and drags him into the ground, soon disappearing from sight. The battle ends, and the party rests, exhausted. After a short rest period, they continue on, to encounter a set of mirrors. These mirrors activate, and five players of the party step out. Evil clones of them, that is. The twist being that when a clone is hurt, so is the original. Perfect copies of Kayin, Kurai, Armina, Asgard, and Gingitsune began their assault on the group. While the battle rages, something special happens on the sidelines. As Kurai defeats himself, their weapons merge into one, and a special new weapon is born: The Treeweaver. The battle ends, and with a few tricks of light and mirrors, a new person appears. A boy, dressed in the outfit of a page, going by the name of Yansin. He calls himself their guide, and leads them on their way.

7) Deadly Spider of Ice Reiketsu!? Cursed Corrupted Pilgrimage

The players step through a whirling vortex and into a room as cold as the room with the Shinja was hot. Here, they are on a strange icy platform suspended in space. On one end is a large statue of a dragon, its mouth open wide. And trapped in the middle, in a pillar of ice, is Nall. Standing in front of him is a sinister looking player. The party tries to rush to his aid, but Yansin blocks them off with a sheet of ice. Someone tried to attack Yansin, but he disappeared. The hacker, for that is what he can only be, reveals that the boy is nothing but an illusion of his creation. Nall reveals the hacker’s name, Melzas. His character design was frightening, a skeletal heavy blade with no right eye, and only a glassy golden orb for a right eye. The eye, Twilight’s Eye, grants him the power to see the future. Nall battles with him a bit and frees the group, but is frozen in the process. Melzas summons a giant spider of ice, Reiketsu, and stands back to watch it destroy them all. They spider displays several incredible moves, but the party manages to survive. Some look for a scroll Nall let loose in the water, some fight the spider. Asgard attempts to challenge the hacker to a duel. Melzas questions him, wondering why he should bother with such a weakling. After some banter, Melzas reveals more; his eye not only sees everything around, and the future, but it can read peoples minds as well. Nall is freed, but unconscious. Melzas poisons Gingitsune, and Nall comes to. The antidote is received, but Gingi is still in pain, raving and attacking her teammates. With a push and some fire, the party manages to defeat the Reiketsu. Melzas burns, but gates out before dying, while Nall inspects the dragon head statue…

8 ) Mac Anu --> New Worries

Nall, searching the dragon statue, finds a small artifact and pockets it, without the group seeing it. He then restrains the berserk, spell-casting Gingitsune, and the party gates back to Mac Anu. Departing on his own for the time, he directs the party to do whatever they felt they needed. Some time later, Nall notices a member of the hacker group in the crowd. When confronted, he disappears, but Nall notices the Chaos Gate is no longer taking players out when they log. Rather, it’s teleporting them to another server, a server separate from the normal ones. Nall does his best to gather all those remaining and tell them not to log out. Nall discovers the horrible secret to the coma victims. A virus, downloaded into the player characters, causes the VR goggles to convince the brain it’s playing, but the body it’s dead. After breaking the news that the party are all in comas and stuck in the game, and that he has been all along, he once again heads off. Three new girls, random other players who were stuck as well, join the group. Gingitsune chases someone she seems to recognize, and finds a small dragon statue. Nighthand meets a strange wavemaster with a crystal wand, while Asgard and Gingi go off to an odd field. They return, and Nall sends flashmails to everyone in the group, telling them to meet in one of two fields; Hidden Ghostly Holy Ground, and Hidden Ghostly White Devil. In both fields, the groups are assigned to find keys. They players gather and disperse to their fields, ready for a new adventure…

9) Parallel Threads: Hidden Ghostly Holy Ground and Hidden Ghostly White Devil

Events of Holy Ground

The players enter… The field is twisted. The sky looks like chunks have been torn out of it. The area itself was made up of platforms, connected by bridges. They hung low over an endless sea of water. In this distance is a large dragon head statue, like the one Nall had searched before. Standing in their way is a magic portal. There, the party meets Rayo, another member Nall recruited. They activate the portal, and more Rebuilt Monsters come out. Water Faeries, Blue Slimes, and Tsunami Titans. All obviously custom water elementals. Nighthand encounters the water and his appearance is altered. All together they manage to defeat the monsters. Here they were confronted with a puzzle to raise the next bridge. Beyond were another set of monsters, the same kinds as before. Another riddle. Another. And then, finally, a barrier to break. This they finally get past, by soul-searching for the reason they’re here.

Events of White Devil

The party encounters the same battle here as the other party. The fields are the same, the monsters, even the situations. For an impartial observer, the only difference would be tactics and characters. They, too encounter the same riddles, and come up with the same answers.

Endless Mind Games --> Hidden Ghostly 2

The magical barrier dispersed, the two halves of the group find themselves reunited with each other on the central platform they had been unable to reach before. Laughter echoes all around them, coming from everywhere and no where at once. Gingitsune spots a distortion in the air and with a quick spell reveals a new player, standing amongst them. He introduces himself as Kuja, Master of Water. The calm, confident hacker remains unharmed by the spells cast on him, and explains this is the power of his Robe of Twilight. Blades and magic pass through him with equal ease, doing not even a shred of damage. Kuja laughs again, and summons Nall to his side. The blade master, absent since they left for this quest, has apparently converted to the other side. In a flash, Nall decimates half the party. In a flashy duel, Asgard and Nall face off. Nall takes a few hits, but then casts Ap Do on himself, rending himself near impossible to hit. Even so, a concentrated attack overwhelms him. On the sidelines, Royce appears to battle Gingitsune. She reveals that she’s keeping Nall under her control. Kuja displays more control over water, imploding Rayo with its power. Gingi finally overcomes Royce, and Nall regains control of himself. But there is still Kuja to deal with…

Unstopable Living Water, Banshaku?!? Hidden Ghostly 3

Kuja seems beaten, but he’s only just getting started. All the time the party has been fighting, his monster has been analyzing their moves. For his monster is, in fact, the very water around them! The water was alive, completely under Kuja’s control. The problem being, neither one can be harmed! The players do their best to attack and evaporate the water, but it seems hopeless; the Banshaku is an ocean in and of itself. Finally, however, Nall comes to and reveals the secret of the Twilight Robe. The bearer is vulnerable to attack whenever he’s attacking. Nall finally defeats the hacker with the help of the party, performing an attack that kills him. For once, a real victory for the group! Nall picks up the cloak the hacker dropped, and they head back to Mac Anu.

10) Mac Anu --> Secrets Revealed

The party returns to Mac Anu to find the root town altered. It was dark, night time, and nearly deserted. They make their way to the hideout and decide it’s time to sleep, and let their minds rest. After a minimal skirmish for sleeping places, most players settle down and dream. Afterwards, Nall discovers the handiwork of yet another hacker, and that one of their teammates is missing. He decides to reveal some more about what he knows of the hackers.
Nall wrote: They are a very complex group and are very organized. Their prime goal is to take over the planet by means of The World. They are using a glitch in the game to put people into comas and control their minds inside the game. Everyone that has become unconscious due to the game is in the hacker’s server, minus us. I was able to escape; however, I brought you all into comas by having you help me. You all would have probably been in coma's by now anyways and be in the hackers server.

Basically, there are eight Elites who are the strongest and run the organization. Then there are countless other hackers who work for them as well. But just because they are a large hacker organization doesn't mean all hackers work for them. Anyways, the Admins won't do anything about it because they refuse to believe in anything we say.
The players proceed to worry and eat breakfast, until a knock comes on the door. At the door is Wayne, the goblin messenger for Garaa. The goblin tells of a tournament they must come to fight in, in the Yamiyo server. The goblin gives Nall a key to Yamiyo, Garaa’s server, and leaves. Asgard reveals that he is wanted by the Admins for unknown reasons, with a hefty reward sum. They discuss strategies and generally plan for the battles ahead.
Last edited by Nighthand on Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:46 am

Dark Tournament Saga

11) Yamiyo Server --> Tournament introduction

Yamiyo server, true to its name, is a dark, run-down, dreadful place. The party is ill at ease in the surroundings. They make their way to a stadium, where a figure in a dark cloak greets them. He is none other than Garaa, hacker of Darkness. Garaa raises the stakes in the battle: A win means proceeding on, while a loss means death, both in the game and in real life. Garaa lets them split up into the few teams allowed, and the rest are sent to one on one fights. All the hackers, except for the deceased Kuja, appear on the top viewing stand and take their seats. Kayin is released, but his character is hacked. No longer a heavyblade, he is a new class of Garaa’s design. He is thrust into the lone team of three, and the battles commence…

12) Parallel Threads: The Battles
Note: Fights were posted in parallel, but actually took place in the order listed below.

Kodel and Vera VS Selan and Dekkar

Kodel and Vera find themselves in a ring circled by lava. Soon, their challengers step up. Selan, a female wavemistress with the power to alter the arena, and Dekkar, a blademaster with custom skills. Dekkar reveals teleportation skills, as well as his custom attacks. He also shows an immense healing ability. Selan has incredible stamina and powerful hacked spells. Together they make a formidable team for the pair to fight. Dekkar’s healing turns out to be his worst pain as he is tossed into the lava, to die and come back repeatedly and instantly. Selan goes into a rage and her wand becomes a scythe. Vera uses the scythe’s own attack to get closer, and uses her claws to slice Selan’s throat. The fight ends, Garaa’s hackers lost.

Asgard VS Niamah

Asgard squares off against his own opponent, Niamah. She is a typical Heavyblade, except for the fact she wields TWO heavyblades at once. The arena is laced with land-mine like spell traps. Asgard is offered a charity, which of course he turned down. After a short but intense fight, Asgard comes out the victor and with two new blades.

Armina and Rayo VS Desmith and Julian

Desmith and Julian have a shifting elemental resistance depending on the varying attacks used on the. Armina and Rayo have an interesting time figuring out their strategy, but once they realize it, they out-wit the pair of hackers and take them out.

Kurai VS Draigoth

Kurai enters a ring of complete silence. The only sound is that made by the hacker, Draigoth. After a quick clash, removing the sound controls from the hacker, Kurai can hear once more. Then, it is a simple matter to deal sufficient damage to kill him.

Kayin, Tokki and Ruri VS Selenia, Corsel and Kalundra

The trio of hacker and trio of fighters square off for 1v1 battles, despite the 3v3 setting. Kayin reveals his new class to all, Fist Fighter. The trio of hackers are formidable opponents. Tokki manifests a new weapon, the Mistglaive. The hackers are defeated, the party moves on.

Hijinx VS Barim

Hijinx faces down Barim, and quickly defeats him taking little damage, while dealing extensive damage to the stands.

Argilus VS Rossu

Rossu is a girl who was trapped in the world in a similar method as Argilus, her opponent, and the rest of the Freedom Fighters. She plays a male Twin Blade character. She was made a deal that, if she could defeat Argilus in the Dark Tournament, she would be allowed to go back to her body. She fought with Argilus fiercely with her hacked Phantom Blades. The blades were able to alter a characters data with their attacks; one hit severed Argilus’s arm from his body, resulting in it’s deletion. Now one-armed, the twin blade Argilus managed to defeat her, ending her chance at redemption and her life.

Ramza and Nighthand VS Duranth and Seraphim

Ramza and Nighthand step into the ring to meet in battle with Duranth and Seraphim. The pair of hackers appear to be twisted copies of the pair of Freedom Fighters. When Duranth proved to be physical tolerant and Seraphim magic tolerant, the pairings are decided. The hackers soon reveal their powers; Seraphim a hacker with the ability to mix and merge spells, and Duranth with the attributes of every class at his disposal. Nighthand is knocked unconscious, and has a conversation with a strange entity. When he awakens, Seraphim reveals his weapon and armor; customs that give him supreme magical defense and access to all level one spells. Nearby, Duranth blurs into an ever-shifting force of attack. Unfortunately for him, he runs out of SP and is quickly dispatched by Ramza. Moments later, Nighthand defeats Seraphim. The wavemaster lets out one final massive attack, but Nighthand lives through it. In a bit of mercy, Nighthand offers to free Seraphim and let him join the ranks of the Freedom Fighters; Garaa has other ideas, however, and immediately deletes the wavemaster.

Gingitsune vs. Halcyon

Prior to her fight, Gingitsune wanders the streets of Mukamuka Suru, root town of Yamiyo Server. In the Inn she meets a man known as Halcyon. Moments later she is called to the tournament to fight her own battle. There she meets her opponent; none other than the same Heavy Blade, Halcyon. They spar, Gingi making good use of status effect to keep distance between her and her foe. She is struck by a flash of light, resolving into a dagger she holds for later. She uses the dagger to stab her foe in the arm. The dagger proves to be infected, trapping Halcyon within the game. For it turns out that Halcyon is not a hacker himself, he’s just a mercenary hired for the purpose. She forces Halcyon to admit defeat, and oddly, he is not deleted by Garaa as he leaves.

Yamiyo Server Finale --> Nall VS The Lord of Darkness?

Nall seemed the only one to know what was coming; that his opponent would be far harder than any of the others. He would in fact be going up against Lord Garaa himself, Master of Darkness and the one who planned the whole tournament. The rest of the party moves to help Nall, but he waves them back. His stance is different from normal, similar to what he used when he killed Kuja. Garaa mentions something, regarding The Master… The remark was quickly forgotten by most there, though it perhaps was important. Finally, Garaa’s form is revealed; He stands twice as tall as the normal Heavy Axe, and his character is altered to resemble more a winged demon than man. He wielded a gigantic mace and seemed to glow with a black light. Garaa seems much more familiar with Nall, and Nall with Garaa, than their little contact should have meant. Nall goes on the offensive, and his blade is swallowed up by a black hole in space.

Here it is revealed that Nall uses Twilight Powers himself, more than simply hacked speed. Garaa also implies he is one of the original creators of The World, saying that the Twilight Powers are what allow Nall’s strength and speed to surpass the natural limits of The World. Nall’s eyes had shifted by this time to a blood red, his tattoos beginning to glow. Nall displays even greater speed than known before. He simply flickers from one place to the next, driving Garaa into the ground with a powerful elbow. Garaa uses one of tricks, Shadow Bind. His shadow links with that of Nall, leaving him immobile unless controlled by Garaa himself. Finally, after an intense beating that Nall barely survives, Garaa decides to end it. He uses a massive attack, Chaotic Gale, and Nall is gone. Garaa begins to gloat, but Nall speaks from the far end of the stadium. He reveals that Shadow Bind’s weakness is that it can’t be used when another Twilight Power is being used. Nall uses several level 3 Thunder scrolls on the hacker, but the hacker reveals yet another power: to be able to travel from one shadow to another, even the shadow of the opponent.

Nall and Garaa reveal more about Twilight, at a complaint from someone in the group.
Nall wrote: I've kept all of you in the dark long enough... Twilight is actually a virus, implemented into The World by one of the original creators... While The World's original intentions were to be the greatest MMORPG ever, one of them wanted to use it as a tool to take over the planets population.

The other programmers had no clue of the virus being in their program and released it for beta testing... The virus was directed to release it's power when the first user completed the final event in the game. By that time, he assumed millions of users would be a part of The World. However, a player by the name of Helba hacked into The World and made her player it's maximum level with edited weapons. She was doing it to boast that her great hacking skills could never be caught...

To this day Helba has never been caught... by the Admins at least. You see, since she edited her character she was able to complete the final event, setting off the virus. The programmer, enraged at this happening since it was still only in beta testing had to hack into The World himself and fix things...

The programmer was very experienced in hacking but even still, the virus he made was very difficult to stop... Players who played The World were becoming infected and some losing consciousness in the real world. Altimit was about to ban people from playing The World...

The programmer was forced to enter The World himself as a player to stop the virus. However, he was entangled in the virus and got caught in his own trap. He lost his consciousness and was stuck in The World... However, since it was his own program and sent him to his server, he knew the passwords and found out he was able to control everything from inside The World.

Without hope of being released from The World he decided he'd make it be the real world... The virus was like a demon, merged with the programmers character... He could control it, but it controlled him as well. The other 2 programmers found out about the scheme and the virus, furious about what it's going to do to their reputation. The one programmer went straight to the government to protest. On the way there, his electronic car exploded into flames, cause unknown...

It's not hard to guess what the cause was... The other programmer, seeing what happened to his friend decided that world domination was better then death. He joined him and was infected with the virus himself. Soon after others found out about his plan and joined him, all being contaminated by the virus...

The virus, Twilight, edited their character make up and basically rewrote the games data for them... It was like they were playing a whole different game then The World, yet still inside The World. They were able to control the virus and infect other people, making them lose consciousness, but not receive the same advantages they received....

Quite the opposite actually... They were basically like slaves in the hackers perfect world. The group of 8 elites are the one who joined The Master, who was the original programmer who implemented the virus, and Garaa is the one who betrayed his friend... Now you should understand when these hackers talk about twilight this, and twilight that...
Garaa immediately upon finishing the story uses yet another of his attacks, Shadow Clone. This technique created nine copies of Garaa, leaving ten to attack Nall. He counters with Time Web, stopping three of them in place. Nall uses another attack to tear a hole in the game, deleting a clone in one hit. The remaining six fade to black and then invisible. Nall narrowly dodges another Chaotic Gale, it instead striking and deleting another clone. Nall uses yet another attack, like a hyper-revolver forming several balls of bright light around him. He calls it Time Freeze. The resulting explosion destroys half the stadium. The attack left only the elites, the freedom fighters, and the three frozen Garaas alive. Nall’s power fades, pain from overuse sets in, and the Garaas unfreeze. Another Chaotic Gale strikes and destroys Nall. Before the team can advance on Garaa to take revenge, Nall’s necklace, which had fallen to their feet in the Time Freeze attack, burst in light and teleported them to Dun Loireag. The players are left milling around with no leader, left to fend for themselves.
Last edited by Nighthand on Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:03 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:47 am

Theta Server Saga

13) Dun Loireag --> Old troubles, New solutions

Dun Loireag; the Highland Root Town, the central hub for the Theta Server and a place teeming with players more experienced than the lower ranked chaos of Mac Anu. The first place to encounter a grunty, the launch pad for players to surpass the average. This is the strange new place the players find themselves in as they do their best to recover from Nall’s crushing defeat and their lack of leadership. Their planning was interrupted by a server-wide flashmail; a warning of an imminent server reboot, and instructions to log off or risk permanent character damage. The Chaos Gate was deactivated, and the population was dwindling fast; but the Freedom Fighters could do nothing. Being stuck in the game as they were, they couldn’t log out. Oddly, there are new players hanging around with the group; new recruits to the cause, as-yet unawares of how serious being stuck in the game truly can be. Finally, Gingitsune takes charge. She sees it best to find a place to hide from the Admins, in case they came to inspect that everyone was gone.

After another few minutes, the source of the message and the reason for the logout is revealed. Tritoch, a rogue Admin, set it all up in hopes to ambush and capture the wanted man Asgard and take the glory. He delivers a devastating blow to Asgard, but is stopped from delivering the final hit by the combined might of Rayo, Ramza, Gingitsune, and Vera. Tritoch calls three Long Arms to fight the wavemasters while he himself continues for Asgard. Tritoch watches the battle unfold, defending himself against the few willing to attack him. When the Long Arms get into trouble, he uses some items to boost them up. Soon yet another new player enters the game; Kamui. Tritoch even seems to dislike her, as she was known to be ruthless and a glory hound. Along with her, a group of the Knights of War arrive to join the battle. Asgard is dealt a mortal blow, but with the help of his hacked swords, is able to recover and take out the Long Arms. The group quickly dispatches the rest of the Knights of War, leaving only the two Admins left to wage battle. This only causes Tritoch to grow even more enraged, as he unleashes more powerful spells at the group. Tritoch reveals that he has an effect placed onto him that doubles any spell he casts. Despite this advantage, the party managed to overcome the wavemaster admin. Knowing he was overpowered completely, Tritoch logged out.

Kamui is of course furious. She puts her reputation to good use, and within seconds takes out the entire group save Gingi and Falcon. Gingitsune finds an odd source of power, parrying every attack the Admin sends. She dashes behind Gingi and stabs her in the back, and a burst of white light fills the town…

14) Dun Loireag --> Enter Nayru

When the light cleared, all was well, if confusing. Everyone was alive once more, and in what appeared to be the Hideout. Gingitsune lay resting on a bed, passed out. The players look around, and soon spot what looks like a white cat with wings. It claims to be a dragon. It causes a rather comical scene, then mentioned it knows Nall. It calls itself Nayru, and explains that it was an AI Nall created to help him along with his quest to defeat the hackers. It explains that they had been saved from Kamui and transported into the Dun Loireag hideout. It also advises that the players all get some rest before attempting to take on the next situation. The players talk, discussing everything that had happened recently. Some of them, most vocally Kurai, speak out against the small AI, in favor of taking their own path and figuring things out for themselves. Kurai dashes off, followed by Tirath and Vera, who hope to bring him to his senses and back to the hideout. Rayo and Gingitsune talk quietly to the side, while others wander and think. Nayru and Rayo begin to argue over whether or not to trust the flying cat. It gives them six days, by the end of which it planned to move on with only those who trust it. While they think about what to respond to the cat, Armina reveals her telepathy, just recently gained. Eventually, as the dragon seems to have disappeared for the time being, Gingi gathers up a group of people to go with her to a new field.

15) Theta: Lucid Arbor Illyiad | Birth of Cybele

The group following Gingitsune soon arrive in a fairly normal-lloking Wood Element field. The place, however normal looking, exhudes a feeling of something not quite right. They enter a room with seven exits, each bearing a sign. Seven members besides Gingi begin to choose their signs. Gingi examines each mroe closely, however, and decides that they should all follow her along one of the paths as opposed to breaking up the group. They come upon a tree with a door carved in it's side. A gnome asks them for their eyes, but is dismissed as they proceed into a pitch-black room. Gingi is snagged abruptly by a spider monster. More spiders resolve themselves, and a battle ensues. They defeat the spiders fairly quickly, but not without cost; Gingi's wand breaks. A break for an unlikely adventure follows; fishing. They catch a fish that turns into a bridge, and they cross to a small hut. There they are offered a meal, but they have to be careful; some of the dishes are poisoned. After a night of sleep to wear off the effects on the few who were poisoned, and some strange entrances and exits by players, they quest continues. They encounter one final challenge, and Gingi is granted her own new power; A special wand of a special element. Cybele, wand of Light. Her prize obtained, the group exits the field.

16) Dun Loireag --- > The New Warriors Emerge

The fight was over, and there was nothing left to be done but to return. They had lost Rayo, and the group was beginning to split apart. If they didn't do something soon, then they would be swiftly at the mercy of the Elites. It wasn't long before two strange groups, the Freedom Fighters and the Vanguards, met up. Similar circumstances, though separate causes, united them in purpose, and the group was boosted with the much-needed extra manpower. Once the two groups had a chance to settle and get to know each other, at least a little, a former member of the Freedom Fighters showed up. Kodel, heavily wounded, appeared at the hideout's door. Kodel awakens and is attacked by some bounty hunters. Vera, controlled by something, attacks him and incapacitates him. Vera heads for the hideout on the attack, but is stopped by Asgard, now in a member of a new class. Dualist. Wielding twin heavyblades, with a slight increase in speed but a drastic decrease in defense, the man with the hacker blades. Asgard, however, appears destroyed by a fire spell from the corrupted wavemistress. Tokki too returned, in the nick of time to save Gingi from Vera's deadly posession. The situation is diffused, Vera returns to her sane mind, more people from the days past returned, and all seems well enough.

17) Dun Loireag -> Tour De Monde

Seemed was, of course, the operative word. The group settled in to get to know each other, but it wasn't long before trouble arrived. This time, it arrived once more in the form of the Wavemaster, Tritoch. Red Guards, elite soldiers of Tritoch, begin to filter through the town, intent on killing the freedom fighters. As the group begins to triumph, Asgard displays his new power as he lands blow after blow into the wavemaster admin. Feeling himself losing, Tritoch captures Vera and holds her hostage, for the cooperation of the group. More red guards begin to arrive... Gingi uses the power of her wand to destroy the Chaos Gate, but it doesn't stay broken; an auto-repair function was built in after the Yoroi General attack. However, it is enough of a distraction that Gingi is able to rescue Vera from the clutches of the Admin.

18 ) Parallel Threads: Planning and Fighting Gem and Eye

Downtown Ambush -> Planning Thread
Mac Anu -> TDM: Downtown Ambush

These two threads were to set up and conclude a fight with more Administrators. Tritoch stands defeated, but calls upon two of his allies; level 50 twin blade ninjas, Gem and Eye. However, due to problems with GMs, this quest was never concluded and the ninjas were simply assumed to have been defeated and the next quest started.

19) Theta: The Plea of the Forgotten

Gem and Eye defeated, the group heads for the Chaos Gate to exit Mac Anu. There, however, they are stopped once more by Kamui. Tritoch appears as well, complete with a battalion of administrators. The group stood no chance. Still, Asgard refuses to go without a fight. While Kamui unleashes a Data Drain upon the dualist, the group stares death in the face. Asgard is struck, and the group prepares to fight their last battle, when suddenly... New allies appear. Monsters of all shapes, fighting off the admins. Creatures to help the freedom fighters in their quest. Each player thus allied with a monster, the group rests in the hideout once more. Then a new player enters the town. Argilus, the one-armed twin blade ally of theirs from long ago. He stumbles his way to the hideout and breaks some shocking news. Kurai, corrupted by his spear the Treeweaver, has been turned to PKing, to evil. The group grudgingly sets off to discover the truth, for who could believe that Kurai, such a nice and polite man, could turn to PKing for his power? They set off through the field in search of the long arm. They first encounter an edited monster, a Fire Druid named Akari, who asserts claim over Kurai. She sets monsters on the group and runs to tell Kurai. An effect on the dungeon removes status effecting spells, all Aps and Deks. After a fierce battle with more hacked wood monsters, and then a series of summoned fire imps, Kurai himself appears. It seems thing will soon come to a climax...

20) Theta: Closed Solitary Nothingness | Kurai: Friend or Foe?

A voice booms through the room, commanding everyone to stop. A plea from Gingi tries to get Kurai to come to his senses, but nothing happens save for a door opening. Everyone stepped through, save Argilus, who is trapped in the room outside. The room they stepped into was perfectly white, and occupied by one man. Kurai, the man they had come to either redeem, or kill. His weapon, the deadly Treeweaver, was nowhere to be seen. While many of the players begin to make their pleas, to convince Kurai to give up his evil ways, the force of the Juk elemental control Kurai possesses drives Zavier’s Wood Dragon wild. Nighthand attempts to stop him, and the two are caught in a sub-field, a battlefield safe from the others.

Kurai is soon attacked by Gingi and Phoenix, while the battle between Zavier and Nighthand rages. Outside, Argilus is fighting for his life against a horde of Imps controlled by Akari. Bamboo filled the room and was lit on fire by the attacks, filling the room with smoke. Though the battle is fierce, neither side truly seems to wish to kill the other. That is, until the source of Kurai’s forbidden power, his PK-gained levels, comes from. A data-based attack, a virtual rape of Phoenix’s character. Data Drain, the forbidden attack. Argilus, trailing blood and barely alive, breaks the Data Drain and faces off against Kurai one on one. Meanwhile in the real world, the stress is killing his comatose body. While the battle rages, Gingi uses the power of her wand Cybelle to shield the rest of them from harm. Nighthand reappears, and enters the room, joining them in the shield to lend what aid he can. That is, until his hack backfires, and he disappears.

The battle rages, and a stalemate occurs, when another voice stalls the action. Royce, the fearsome hacker elite appeared, come to steal the Treeweaver. The group rushes to help, to see Kurai clutching a horrible wound, still pointing the Treeweaver at Royce. Argilus lay unconscious or dead on the ground. Kurai attacks, but to no effect, when Royce casts a deadly ability on the long arm. When the light clears, Royce and the Treeweaver are gone, and Kurai is deleted.

21) Parallel Threads: End of the above, and the two below.

The Places Between: Spirits of Wood and Darkness Clash
Imprints in Sand...

22) Welcome to Pandora's Box- Admission prices may vary.
Last edited by Nighthand on Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:05 am, edited 6 times in total.