In need of some reading material? Buy powerful scrolls here.
Librarian: Neona

Moderator: Nighthand

Nall
Elevated Player

Mysterious Figure, Mysterious Blade

Post by Nall » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:26 am

Mysterious Figure, Mysterious Blade - Ghosts from the Past and Present
Nighthand's Note: This is a repost from when Nall returned from his gapin activity)

It was a windy day atop the Highland city Dun Loireag.... Then again it's always windy in this stupid town. A figure stands by the Chaos gate and laughs to himself, his long ragged robe blowing in the wind. He watches the players run by aimlessly, some choosing a new area to adventure to, some talking and trading in the middle of the pathways. The boy laughs again. Impressed with the looks random players are giving him. A gust of wind blows by him blowing a corner of his robe up, hitting him in the eye.
"OW! Gah! What the!"

The boy holds his face and walks away quickly hoping no one saw him.
"I hate this town....."

The boy sticks out his tongue as he checks his information again.
"hmm... The End Cypher eh? Whatever happened to one word names.... Kids these days..."

The boy sighs and looks around. Scanning the area he sees nothing that could help him.
"This town isn't that big... It can't be THAT hard to find this guy..."

Noticing a group behind him he resists the urge to turn around and shout "BOO." The boy casually walks away and makes his way over the bridges. Players still looked at his odd appearance, as stared curiously. Though his ragged, pukish green cloak was all that was clearly noticeable, they still stared in awe. The hood covered most his head, only letting some shinny white hair spill out of it. His green markings were only noticeable when the boy was looking directly at you. He looks around, scanning for something of interest. He finds nothing but stops in front of the weapon shop.
"Geeze.... I bet he's gonna be at the Grunty farm or something.... Why couldn't he be here at the stupid weapon shop!"

The boy sighs and walks away. He heads towards the scroll shop taking little notice of the groupies that have slowly started to form little groups and point towards him.
“They must be really dumb to think I don’t see each and everyone of them...”

He stops in front of the scroll shop. Looking around proves only that he still hasn’t found his target. He turns around and a group of players quickly scatter, returning to their normal activities. The boy continues his search towards the Grunty Farm, walking across the bridges.

A shiver runs up his spine.
“You can never win. You are weak. You will always be weak. Run. Run from me and cling to hope.”
Those words... The boy shook his head, trying to forget the past he remembered. He was now standing in front of the farm, staring down at a baby grunty. The poor little thing looked up at him begging for food.
”I don’t collect food for you critters... Go waste some other player’s time.”
The grunty looked sad but the boy still walked away. He still didn’t see Cypher. He retraced his steps back to the chaos gate.

“What the hell... I know he’s online and in this town somewhere...”
The boy drops his head looking dejected. He looks over towards the weapon shop as the player catches his eye. Sitting to the side of the weapon shop sat someone. They were alone.
"B-ing-o!"

The boy looks him over and scans his data before walking up to him.
"hmm... Level 24 Blademaster... Oooo... Interesting equipment... Either he's rich, he hacks, or he's a rare item collector... That would explain how he found Reliance... But..."

The boy stares at him a little closer. He takes a quick look around making sure no one is watching him closely and makes sure Cypher still hasn't noticed him. His eyes grow a deep red as he stares back at The End Cypher, scanning every part of data.
"That's what I assumed... He doesn't know about Slepiner yet... Hmm... This could make things easier or harder..."

Cypher looks over in the boy’s direction.
"Oh as if!"

The boy jumps up and looks away pretending he wasn't looking at him. Noticing that his act isn't fooling Cypher and actually making him look like an idiot, he walks over to Cypher.
"You are The End Cypher correct?"

Cypher looks up at the boy and nods.
"Yes, I'm known as The End Cypher. Who are you and why were you watching me? or maybe I should say, spying..."

The boy shakes his head.
"No, no. Not spying, I was merely making sure it was really you. You can call me.... errr...Nall. Yes, I've been looking for you because of something you found..."

Cypher looks at Nall curiously. Pausing a few seconds, as that was the time it took for Nall to realize that Cypher was waiting for him to continue.
"That blade you have there... It's the Reliance no?"

Cypher again nodded, a little hesitantly. Nall stared at Cypher for a few seconds again, repeating the last pause.
"I may seem a little...intrusive... but where did you get that blade if I can ask?"

Nall gave Cypher his best professional grin as he waited for his answer. Nall wondered how Cypher would react to his sudden appearance and questions.
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:04 pm

What am I to do…? Clang is my responsibility now…I could get my powers removed for not deleting him…but how could I delete him?!?! He saved my life…

These were the thoughts that plagued Cypher. His mind wandered left and right searching for an answer to the question that seemed to be answerless. He was confused, startled, and worst of all…alone. He was alone to make the decision, to decide one’s life. Sure, one could say that he was a creature…mere information that did not get affected in the real world. But how then, could such a giant dumb creature decide to save his life if it was a mere chunk of information? Cypher found himself tied in a fight between moral and duty. He is known to be a very conscientious person. He made the right decisions, always thinking about the greater good and the best benefit to all. He is also known to stick to the rules, both of the system and of himself, never breaking them and always following his protocol.

A split decision…

And he didn’t know what to do…What’s this? In the distant, a boy has a fixed stare. Once Cypher acknowledges his gaze, the boy reacts in a startled fashion. It seemed his eyes were trained on his Reliance. Uncomforting feelings filled his body as he noticed the person…he was a blademaster…

“You are The End Cypher correct?"

…How’d he know my name…?

Cypher acknowledges the boy, answering his question by formally introducing himself. As Cypher’s mouth moves to speak the truth, the boy nods every other word, concentrated to what he has to say, yet his eyes drift…up and down, scanning his body, giving his Reliance a look then back to his body….it was all very suspicious. He asked if he was spying, and demanded a name from him.

"No, no. Not spying, I was merely making sure it was really you. You can call me.... errr...Nall. Yes, I've been looking for you because of something you found..."

Something I found…

As Nall immediately spoke those words, “something you fond”, sudden flashbacks of him earlier starring, him calling Cypher over, and his Reliance…he was a blademaster, so the weapon would be suitable for hi class. Was this new “friend” really out to get his new weapons? It could never be disregarded as a possibility…a new wave of crime had hit “The World”, allowing thieves to steal to their hearts content. Cypher had his guard up, and knew that if anything was stolen, he could always recover it. Another question by this Nall irked Cypher even more…

Why do you want to know where I got it from…? Better tag him…
Accessing DataTracer…User Acknowledged…Loading…

Load Successful!!! Your actions have been logged on.

Tracing proxy user…IP detected…trace complete…bug planted…

Error…Tracing Incomplete. User Data not found.
What…

Cypher’s face filled with confusion. Nall seemed to notice, his green streaked colored face twisting and wondering what Cypher was doing.

Better answer so I don’t tip him off…

“I got it from an event…a special event…a while back…why?”

Cypher awaited a reply, continuously trying to scan Nall's data.
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:44 am

Nall studied the boy. He seemed to be either extremely nervous, or hiding something. Nall couldn't tell. At least not without revealing more then he'd like to. Nall pondered the answer for a moment.
“I got it from an event…a special event…a while back…why?”
An event? Odin's sword from an event? That doesn't make sense... He continued to think before realizing that there was a long awkward pause.

"I see..."
This was all Nall said. He still wasn't sure as of what to think of the boy. It would be difficult, but a fake could pass through his gaze. There was only one way to find out.
"How would you like to come with me on a little....quest? I'm looking for a certain item, and I thought the...owner of the Reliance would be a good help..."
Nall sounded suspicious even to himself. He couldn't help it though, he didn't know how to convince the boy to come with him.

Nall needed to think fast though, he didn't want to make a scene with the player known as The End Cypher. Players were already starting to cast their gazes over towards him and Cypher. Everyone seemed to wonder what the imfamous boy was up to. Nall decided the words to be exchanged wern't appropriate for the crowded root town. Before Cypher could make his answer Nall spoke up.
"Listen, whether you trust me or not, this isn't the place to talk about things. I know....I know something you would find interesting... I realize I'm probably one of the most suspicious players you'll ever meet... But if you care to pursue this discussion meet me in 'Θ Lonely Distrusting Core.'"

Nall turned his back to Cypher, his cloak gliding around slowly after him. Nall began to walk away but stopped. He grinned though Cypher couldn't see. Curiosity is a powerful weapon.
"Oh, by the way. Things aren’t always what they seem in this world..."
With that Nall walked off. He didn't look back to see Cyphers expression.

Nall made his way to the chaos gate. Some players mustered up the courage to talk to him, but Nall didn't reply.
"Θ Lonely Distrusting Core."
Nall said inside his head as he entered the keywords. The golden rings flowed down around him as he slowly disappeared. When Nall appeared again he was in the field. He examined the area with his normal vision.

"Hmmm... Nothing but the barren hell as far as I can see..."
Nall loves fire fields. It is his favorite element. However, he never did like how barren and empty they always were. Nalls eyes grew a deep red again as he analyzed the field.
"No players currently on the field... No..portals? It's like we just missed someone but no one has logged this field in a long time... hmm..."
Nall gathered more information about the area as he waited for Cypher, if he did choose to show up.
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>