In need of some reading material? Buy powerful scrolls here.
Librarian: Neona

Moderator: Nighthand

Sekai
Ikkitousen
Class: Archer

Anger

Post by Sekai » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 pm

((....soooo... about the solo I was trying to get done before the Fire Master started? I thought the file got deleted in my last fit of OCD computer file cleaning. I was wrong. So. Yeah. Have the solo? ^^; Wrote it for a grade, hopefully it still counts even if it's backdated to pre-Fire Master encounter.))

“You know that I've been pressed to the wall far too many times.” 'Leave it Alone' – Disturbed

When had everything fallen apart around her?

With an angry snap-rustle of fabric and leather footsteps digging into the road, the five foot nothing Archer practically dove headfirst into the massive crowds of people that often wandered with purpose- or aimlessly- around this particular sector of Yamiyo. For once in her life, she intentionally wanted to lose the people she'd sworn to help.

For once in her life, Sekai wanted to rip someone apart with her bare hands.

Maybe it was the stress of working with such a disorganized, apathetic and self-serving group getting to her, or the fact that she didn't feel like she could trust anyone- including herself- anymore. 'I've lost faith.' She'd lost hope too, but that wasn't something she was quite ready to admit- even to herself- quite yet. A flicker in the corner of her vision had her tensed, ready to whip out her bow or blast any potential attacker or thief with a spell long enough to either slip away or gauge her chance of winning in this unpredictable server. Someone merely walked past and ignored her like she didn't exist, though the Archer bemusedly admired the odd appearance of the player who was a walking mirror in human form.

Points for originality, that was for sur- did her own reflection just make a face at her before they'd turned the corner?

'I guess it takes all types.' Which was true; it usually did take all types to make a successful place- or group- run successfully. Someone should have told that to the Freedom Fighters, or they needed to think of it themselves and believe in the idea of genuinely sticking to a plan for once. It wasn't like she was entirely sinless herself in that regard; having disobeyed and even sneaked around behind the backs of those in charge in order to do what was right. Specifically, the incident with Angel-san.

Which made her pause in specutlative thought. Demorian probably knew, maybe even counted on her showing mercy if she'd gotten a good enough read on him. 'He doesn't seem like the type to apologize though, and I don't think he'd try contacting her after that.' Which was sad, but in a way... understandable on both ends.

Didn't keep her from kind of wishing that he'd do so anyways and invite her to join them; they could use a female with brains and strength that wasn't lending itself entirely to protecting someone who'd probably sacrifice them without batting an eye or mourning over their losses.

...kind of sounded like Demorian though, now that she thought of it and winced in response.

Poor Angel-san, the young girl thought with a sigh as she began working her way through the crowds, letting them carry her on an aimless journey to bleed off some of the irritation and anger through movement.

Where the fuck are you?

Speaking of irritation.

Sekai bristled at the fury within Kira's voice and pointedly ignored her as she continued searching for... something. Anything to take her mind off of everything going on and her own doubts and troubles. 'I need a distraction.' Something that didn't involve anyone in the Freedom Fighters or the two women who'd joined her.

Something that, preferably, would give her an excuse to blow off some much needed steam.

Abusing her with foul language isn't going to make her want to talk to you anymore than she does already. Honestly, why can't you show a little of the class I suspect they tried teaching you in that Monarchy of yours?

She would have actually sided with December, the lovely pink haired assassin for hire who'd sworn herself to the Archer's service after a long, difficult battle that she'd only won with chance, oops and a very direct intervention by any God in The World who kept an eye out for her, had that unneeded barb not been spoken. Something in her left eyebrow spasmed in a way that bode ill for the girl's health as she ground her teeth at the argument building on a link that was supposed to have been beneficial and supportive to what she'd need from those who joined her service.

-give you foul language, you-

-can't even understand the basics of -

-think this is just one big game and pretend you're-

Despite knowing it'd do nothing, Sekai's hands clamped down over her ears, palms pressing against the sides of her skull as if it'd shut the voices out or shut them up.

-take my duties seriously, regardless of what you think. I am her sworn bodygu-

-even know what she need protected from! You're just a-

-from the taint that you so easily fell prey to- must be natural to someone like y-

-'bout I show you how fucking tainted I-

”'Shut up!'”

The scream startled those around her- and those who'd been bickering and ready to throw down. Breathing heavily as she blinked back tears building from frustration combined with embarrassment, she mumbled an apology and quickly began moving away from those giving her speculative, curious or wary looks. Last thing she needed was to get picked up by some stupid hacker or player who'd just make one more incident in which she was carried off, abducted or something along the lines of being taken against her will.

Really; it happened almost every freaking time she went anywhere these days; she was kind of tired of the role of 'hapless maiden' being thrust upon her time after time.

“Excuse me, my fair lady, would you be able to tell me what kingdom you have fared fr-” Sekai cut the individual off before he could finish it, seething on the inside as the sudden, intensely curious silence that brewed within the three way link between herself, Kira and December boded nothing well. “Not from a kingdom, not a maiden. Sorry, you're mistaken.” The hand that grabbed her shoulder had the girl immediately tensing, her collection of spells racing through her mind as she prepared to launch a Vak spell in self-righteous irritation at the individual's face.

The one who was talking to her had soft, large and dewy chocolate brown eyes, dressed entirely in elegant, battle inapprorpiate robes of pristine white that glowed in a light of their own with hair that curled in just the right, attractive way in that same eye-smarting shade of white over his forehead and into his eyes.

It was the spiral horn poking out in the middle of his forehead that cinched the theme for the avid reader staring at him in shocked disbelief. The expression on his face was absolutely love-struck and worshipping- like he'd just found the very epitome of purity that he'd been waiting his entire life for.
Last edited by Sekai on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Name: Sekai
Level: 54
EXP: 0000/1000
Clan: Army of Darkness
HP: 835
SP: 347

Currently Equipped:

Einherjar: Kira, December, Zorya

Head: Bat Earrings (Ola Repth 40, Rip Maen 40)
Body: Saint Cross (Rue Zot 10, RaJuk Zot 30)
Arm: Protect Ring (Ap Vorma 15, MeJuk Kruz 20)
Leg: Ninja Anklet (BiVak Rom 20, GiGan Zot 30)
Add-Ons: Forestlore, Wood Magic (permanently raised Wood Offense/Defense by +3 total)

Wishlist: Levels, Summon: Wood, Archer Weapons, Light Armor

Sekai
Ikkitousen

Re: Anger

Post by Sekai » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Something that sounded suspiciously like snickering was muffled in the link- something the little archer totally did not appreciate.

His other hand clamped down on her other shoulder, firm but absurdly gentle, like he was afraid she'd break if he applied too much pressure. “Such a delicate little flower shouldn't be amongst such riffraff and terrible places! Why, I would be an utter disgrace if I were to just leave you like this.”

That was definitely snickering.

Sekai reached up and placed a gloved hand, the jewel suddenly swirling with ghostly flames, on the stranger's arm. “I'm not a maiden, a delicate flower or... whatever else you think I am.” Breathe, don't shoot the unicorn, just find someone else to distract him with and shoo him away, the fifteen year old girl told herself silently. Had this been a year or more ago, she'd have found the idea of a unicorn approaching her absolutely enthralling.

But that was then, she thought with a determined frown, and this was now; she didn't have time to play with mythological creatures who wouldn't be useful in the battlefield.

Instead, the unicorn-man's eyes grew wider- how that was possible was beyond even Sekai's ability to understand- and a look of utter heartbreak and pity replaced the adoration. “You're forced to take up arms, you poor, poor maiden.” He actually looked like he was about to cry from the clearly tragic concept of the girl in front of him having to fight in order to survive. “Forced to disguise yourself and shear your hair like a man's to disguise yourself, on a quest to find the one who will help you save your lands from a great and terrible evil; you should be worshiped and set upon the throne in that castle, not having to-”

As the snickering began to bubble into full on laughter between December and Kira, Sekai finally wrenched herself out of the grasp of the strange unicorn themed player and pointed in a way that was considered quite unladylike at him. “Listen; I have had an arrow the size of a log shot through my chest in battle, been captured far too many times for me to be happy with it by someone who is your clear and genuine opposite and others with intentions just as tainted and impure, killed a man in cold blood because I hated him and believed he should die, backstabbed my party to do something they would hate and might kill them in the long run,” How long had this rant been building up within her? The little archer could only wonder as the words continued to spill out about almost every single wretched thing she'd been through and then some while playing this game. “-my fingers crunched off by a really pissed off and scared werewolf on top of being whipped up and into the sky with no memory other than I felt horribly violated and couldn't bear touching my,” She paused.

What the hell was the right term for Kira? “Lover” sounded so... so... stereotypcial and wrong to use when it came to how she felt for the other woman. The stillness on the other end of the link didn't help her either, her cheeks burning in embarrassment.

“My beloved.” Sekai finished lamely, and kicked herself as sharp understanding appeared in the unicorn's eyes and the silence coming from the link turned into something shocked and incredulous. “Well, you are.” She muttered indignantly, insulted by the reaction on the other end.

So this wasn't exactly the way she'd wanted to confess the way she felt for Kira, but for crying out loud, when was she ever supposed to get the chance these days?

“I see,” He said slowly, reached out to stroke her cheek with one silver nailed hand and a sorrowful expression. Hope brewed within her. He understood now, she'd finally gotten it through to this... thick headed man that she wasn't delicate or anything of the maidenly sort. “You're trying to prove yourself as still pure to your prince, I will help you achieve this, my dear maiden.”

Something in her eye twitched violently as she sucked in a deep breath and snapped at the man in a voice that was probably a little too loud. “My prince is a woman- an amazingly strong and beautiful woman who happens to be the best kisser and lover ever!”

She'd managed to clamp her hands over her mouth a little too late as the unicorn-man's expression turned comically confused at the exact time the silence exploded into hysterical sounding laughter on not just December's end, but Kira's as well. Something about Kira laughing at her stung just a little and the young woman's shoulders hunched up around her ears as she gave a smoldering glare to the onlookers viewing the scene with a cross of amusement and patient tolerance. After all, how many people bothered fighting with an AI anymore? Most just killed them, enslaved them or found a way to ditch them before they became a nuisance.

Next time, she was going to call Kira a princess and it wouldn't sound as stupid as what she'd just said, Sekai swore to herself, feeling her cheeks burning hot enough to probably rival a lava field in temperature, if not redness as well. She wasn't going to get any further with this, especially since the AI was looking like he was about done with his counter-argument.

Desperate times called for desperate measures, her eyes widened until they smarted and she pointed suddenly to something he couldn't see without turning around. “Th-that, was that a damsel in distress fleeing?!”

Either the unicorn-man was really born yesterday, or he didn't have the capacity yet to understand deception and lies when they were told, his eyes comically widened to match her own and he whirled around, looking for where the fleeing 'maiden' might be.

While not one for deception, and quite surprised that such a simple trick actually worked for once, Sekai whirled herself and bolted into the crowd, thanking any God listening that she'd chosen to go with a short character for once and quickly began weaving in and out of the thick group of people- pinching a seven fingered hand when it tried to slip into the hip opening of her hakama, as if looking for her GP pouch and throwing herself headfirst into one of the random white-beige tents that set themselves up as shops in the Baazar.

'Why do you need seven fingers anyways? Trying to compensate in case The World's equivilant of the Yakuza show up after you break an oath or cause trouble for your boss?' She wondered to herself with a breathless frown as she crouched behind a counter filled with... some sort of sparkly, shiny odds and ends that she'd have to take a better look at once she knew the coast was clear, and waited.

“Princess? Princess?!” Persistent little, she thought with a cringe, ducking down lower and pressed her back carefully against the wall, hoping the tent, the shop-keeper and the wooden rack rattling and clicking with its accessories would keep her hidden. Hoofsteps quickly beat past as she heard people yelling and jeering, the voice turning mournful and annoyed as it faded and grew further away. “Your 'princess' is in another castle,” Sekai muttered to herself, finally glad to be rid of the strange stalker who needed a clear beating to the head and allowed the tent corner to fall and turned around to thank the shop-keeper for allowing her to hide out for a moment.

Smacking into something hard, warm and completely unyielding, the young woman stumbled back, rubbing her nose with a wince as she opened her mouth to apologize- and froze at the same moment a hard, cruel hand secured her shoulder in a bruising grip.

“And you will take me to her.” Leif snapped angrily, eyes the color of his namesake glittering with barely disguised contempt and disgust.

Currently Equipped:

Add-Ons: Forestlore, Wood Magic (permanently raised Wood Offense/Defense by +3 total)

Sekai
Ikkitousen

Post by Sekai » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:42 pm

A torrent of emotion that Sekai couldn't quite put a name to suddenly flooded her all at once. Mika's long ago shout that she wouldn't give up, that she'd find some way to find her again flashing through her mind even as anger and betrayal took root within her heart. 'How could you?' She cried internally, the sting in her eyes revealing the depths of the pain her friend had caused. Blinking furiously, fighting the emotion choking her throat, Sekai glared defiantly into the much taller man's fury filled face. “Let. go.” The young girl bit out, trying to jerk away from the iron grip and felt her shoulder flare in warning.

Leif's grip tightened all the further and there was a flash of satisfaction in his eyes when she cringed in pain. “Not until you take me to Kirayne and you will do it immediately.” Spring green eyes glanced scornfully about the tent and the wary looking shop-keep who looked none too pleased about a potential fight about to break out within his tent. “Since clearly she didn't learn her lesson about hackers the first time and continues to associate with their likes, I'll have to make you into an example and drag you back.”

Drag her back? Sekai bit him, the awkward angle hurting her jaw and neck as he released her in shock, shaking his wrist all the while as if she were rabid. Wiping her mouth against her glove, the tawny eyed teenager glared at the imposing moderator. “Have you any idea where you are?!” She snapped at him, her anger temporarily overridden by the sudden fear that someone else was going to get caught and comatosed because of her.

Comatose because of...

Sana.

Her eyes widened and she looked around frantically for any sight of familiar blonde hair and blue armor. “...tell me you weren't stupid enough to bring her with you.” Sekai half-yelled at him. “Is Sana here?!” Panic filtered into her face, raced through the link at the thought of her high school friend who'd been nice enough to make friends with her, to appoint herself the protector of a girl two or three years younger than the rest of the seniors. Mika had given her a place to run to before the day she'd fallen into a coma saving someone important to her's life, had been so kind and caring... she couldn't let the mistake happen again.

Not again.

Leif had already resumed his bored, cold looking expression and stared disdainfully at her. “The Blademaster girl? Of course I didn't bring her here, unlike you, I'm capable of keeping people safe and protected.” He took a step forward, dark green hakama rustling and his armor clinking together with each movement. “Now, take me to Kirayne before I have to haul you back and have your character deleted.”

Sekai felt Kira and December's shock and anger at the none too idle threat, the insult aimed at her not passing unnoted either and forced the guilt chewing on her heart to the side. She was going to handle this by[/ herself and lifted her chin stubbornly. Her fists clenched, eyes darting around to check the inventory of the shop. Nothing explosive, thankfully. She didn't want to end up having a price on her head for blowing up someone's business, after all. How ironic was it that this was a spear seller? Or at least, those things looked like spears of varying kinds. “If she wanted to see you, she'd come see you.”

The white haired Archer retorted, taking a step back , the tent flap brushing against her bare shoulder and exposed back as she struggled to plan her next move. Her eyes narrowed and an uncharacteristically haughty expression suddenly stole over her normally sweet, innocent features. For so long, she'd watched her mother act like she was superior, had seen so many who reminded her of her mother in that aspect... that imitating it suddenly came all too naturally. If only her mother could have seen her, she'd have been properly scandalized and proud at the same time, Sekai thought to herself. “Besides, you almost got her killed because you're too blind to the world around you and the dangers it presents!”

How many times had she been too blind to see the warnings before she or someone else had paid the price?

Never again, she vowed. She wouldn't be blind anymore, not when so much was at stake. Not when she had people who needed to return home to their world, and definitely not when the fate of both were at stake. “Go away, Leif. You don't belong here.” And that was the truth, and she didn't feel like having to explain to the guards in this server why she was talking to a System Moderator. Her character was still flagged as far as she knew, and she'd rather not have that discovered. Her hands shook a little as she brushed her hair out of her face, legs feeling like they were trembling as adrenaline continued dumping into her system.

Fight or flight? Fight or flight? Fight or flight?!

The indignant expression was actually fairly satisfying, she thought to herself as he seemed to swell with rage at her refusal. His summer-green ponytail snapped from side to side like an angry snake as he lunged for her, powerful hand reaching out to snare her wrist, her shoulder- or even her throat by the look on his face. “Listen here, you little b-”

'Fight.'

Her anger, suppressed since the one time she let it slip in the Juk Prisons, decided for her.

Stand your ground.

December's calm response, filled with warmth and confidence, rushed through the link almost immediately afterwards.

Kira's response came last, a tension in her voice that didn't slip past Sekai's notice as the young Archer pulled from within herself, conjuring the image of what spell she wanted and prepared to fire it in the split second it took her to form a half-baked plan that, hopefully, wouldn't leave her at a disadvantage.

...keep him on his toes until we get there.

Sekai threw herself out of the tent, bracing for the impact on the ground as she aimed- and fired. “BiVak Rom!” Whirling flames, gold and orange, exploded from the glyph that appeared beneath Leif's sandal clad feet and roared in a hellish cyclone around his body. As he charged for her with a bellow of pain. Automatic reaction from the character, he's not actually hurt, she told herself and hit the ground hard enough to bruise her tailbone. 'Times like these, I'd like a little more meat on my bones, like Kira and December.'

She sent a firm denial and refusal down their link at the peppering of questions coming in from the graceful assassin and her beloved; letting them both know that this was her fight and she was going to be the one to do it.

All on her own.

Just like the rest of them had at one point.

Currently Equipped:

Sekai
Ikkitousen

Post by Sekai » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Dammit, little one. He's ridiculously anal about following the rules, but he's an asshole in combat; you haven't faced someone like him before! Where are you in this hacker based hell?! Kira snarled at her through their link, the feeling of frantic worry and anger from the ice princess irritated Sekai further.

That irritated her enough to make her respond. 'He's not Trent.' Sekai snapped in response, ducking as a misaimed Rai spell crackled and sailed past her head from... probably the spear owner. 'I'm not going to be scared off by some pompous, self-worshipping bully who thinks he can steal my girlfriend!' A long pause as the last of the flames finally died down and the enraged Heavyblade removed his sword from its scabbard.

“You leave me no choice,” Leif bit out, his voice a mess of barely restrained rage, disapproval and condescension. Jewel bright eyes narrowed as the blade shifted, caught the light and flashed while he slipped into position. “A pity, I know how delicate Archers happen to be and how unstable you are, thanks to your friend who asked me to find you.”

Honey hued eyes met the leaf green, locked and held. Neither one of them were going to back down and both understood that. Leif rose from the ground, brushing himself off and removed the katana once again. Pointing the blade at her even as he became aware of the crowd slowly gathering to watch, he lifted his chin arrogantly into the air and stared down at her. “I will defeat you here and drag you back to where you belong by force.”

Which was away from Kira; and they both understood that unspoken addition. Sekai's eyes narrowed as a flash cut the air near her right hand, a gold bow glinting in the light suddenly appearing as she raised her weapon and, mimicking Leif, pointed it at him as well. “I am where I belong and where I need to be,” She told him quietly, the clamor of the market suddenly dimming as her world focused on the enemy in front of her. Friends, foes, allies and even neutrals who weren't quite enemies were going to stand in opposition to her; she realized that now.

And it was up to her to make sure they would either step out of her way if they didn't listen... or she'd have to take more extreme measures to prove her own point.

The bow was raised into proper position, arrow ready to fire as she took aim at the center of his ribcage. “I told Sana that too; and I will not change my mind.” She swallowed hard, feeling sick despite the heat beginning to build in her chest. It wasn't that she had duel experience or anything, it was that she just... wasn't a confrontational person by nature.

And sometimes, certain changes were just too hard to make on the spot or overnight.

“I have encountered many who make you seem cheap and unrealistic, a poorly programmed NPC,” Sekai informed Leif after a long period of silence, feeling a little silly for her formal speech but accepting it as part of who she was regardless. The bowstring pulled back a little further, eyes narrowing slightly as she prepared to fire and ultimately begin the battle in the middle of the most public setting she'd been in since the tournament so long ago. “Do your worst; I will not fall to the likes of an overconfident bully like you.”

She loosed the arrow at the same time he charged forward, hands carefully placed and ready to swing with the devastating amount of force a Heavyblade was used to wielding. The arrow sank home several inches past where she'd been aiming, but a hit was still a hit in her eyes and quivered there in his shoulder. But the only problem was, Sekai realized a split second too late as she began to try backing up to get out of range of the electrically charged blade about to come down, she would be the only one experiencing any pain in this battle.

She was used to fighting other people who did feel pain when hit; not someone who was just a 'regular' player character. Sekai bit her lip as she braced herself for the incoming attack, unable to get out of the way in time and tensed as the crackling katana came down and cut a diagonal path from shoulder to thigh.

The only thing she could think of, as she screamed and felt her body convulse with electricity, was that she just might have gotten herself in over her head all on her own.

Where are you, young miss? We are about to leave the hideout.

Annoyance flashed through the link. December getting the brunt of it with a mildly surprised look on her face as Sekai's rather vehement response filtered through. We are your bodyguards; it isn't right for you to battle when we are left unable to keep an eye on you. She replied somewhat sternly to the much younger girl, keeping an eye on Kira from near the exit to the hideout itself. It'd been quite the task even keeping that outlandishly stubborn and hot tempered spear wielder to stay put; and now with the scream and rush of pain they'd both felt through their bond with the girl, it was going to be just as difficult, if not more so to keep her from rushing blindly like a stupid barbarian into the city primed for a fight.

“As displeased as she was with our behavior before she left the safety of this place,” The pink haired woman remarked dryly to the pent up, blue clad female pacing across the floor and eyeing the door in a way she didn't like. “if you force me to keep you here by fighting you, she'll be even more unhappy and it'll serve as a liability in this duel she's entered.”

“And what part of what you said is supposed to make me give a flying fuck?” The amber eyed former princess snapped back in response, her thick, silky pewter-blue hair whipping back behind her shoulders as she whirled and began to pace the other direction. The thick soles and slight heel on her boots made seemed thunderous in the oddly silent part of the room she was in as she glared at the calmly standing woman, and at the gleaming twin cutlasses at her hips.

Her little one was out there, in the middle of that goddamn marketplace full of hackers and the gods only knew what else, fighting it out in a duel to a very certain near-death if she wasn't careful, and all because she'd run into Leif. What the fuck that idiot was doing there to begin with was another question all together, but she was more concerned with the fact that Sekai was there, alone and without back up or anyone there at her side.

And with the stupid mindset that this was some fight she had to do on her own, as if she had something to prove to the rest of them.

“She's lucky that I don't know where that brother of her's is, or she'd be in more trouble than she could even possibly imagine. I'd even get Zan in on it if I found him on the way.” She muttered angrily, whirling again to pace the opposite direction as she completed one loop. Then again, she'd end up having to fucking drag that stupid Vak loving, oversized sword swinging dipshit out of the flames of his own making and beat him over the head while he had Sekai swung over one shoulder like they both knew she hated.

It wasn't even that there was any unfinished business or lingering feelings for Leif that were complicating the matter. Well, unfinished business, yes and she had a feeling that was probably half of the reason why Sekai was so defensive and trying to prove she could throw down and kick some ass just like the rest of them, but she was totally willing to let most of it go if it meant that Sekai would be happier for it and they could both move on.

That Leif was blatantly refusing to take off the freaking blinders was something else all together; hadn't she told him that something weird was going on in her world? He wasn't in a coma, wouldn't be in one if everything went as she figured and idiots like him didn't get sucked into comas unless they were enslaved by the Elites or something like the Highers.

Sekai, quit ignoring me or I swear to whatever god you believe in that you're gonna regret it. What's going on over there? She wasn't going to let Sekai ignore her. Little girl didn't get to shoot her mouth of, say shit like she had and then think she could just go at it like a fucking Twin Blade amp'd up on a tampered with Speed Charm. A dirty look was sent in the green eyed woman's direction as a slightly darker than rose eyebrow raised in response to the threat over the link, as if daring her to say anything about how she spoke to the little Archer.

Currently Equipped:

Sekai
Ikkitousen

Post by Sekai » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:43 pm

The bickering and continued insistence for answers was the exact opposite of helpful, Sekai realized as she ducked another swipe of the katana that'd aimed for her throat and returned the favor with a Gan Rom that was sure to piss him off even further, but would give her precious seconds to try and catch her breath. Half-stumbling, half-skipping back away from the too close for comfort Heavyblade as the tornado of small boulders and stones assailed the green samurai, Sekai wiped blood and sweat out of her eyes, her hair slicking back as she tried to keep it out of her face and checked herself.

Exhaustion was going to end up being the deciding factor in this if she wasn't careful. He wouldn't tire, but she sure as hell would even with the Health Drinks or the varying Repth spells. She'd already realized the disadvantage of trying to trick him into coming in too close to use the sword and blasting him with magic. Her armor was pretty much shredded and there were gaps where the skin and fabric beneath the supple, but sturdy leather was destroyed. Repths healed the skin, usually any cosmetic changes were taken care of and repaired after the fight. Her hip armor was pretty much broken into jagged pieces lying around on the ground and her hakama was in tatters, exposing her legs in varying places.

Exasperated, Sekai finally sent a response to both of them as she knelt down on one knee, conserving her energy and trying to figure out what her next move was going to be as the last of her spell began to wear off. 'Look; I appreciate you both wanting to help, but there are times where you both have fought without back up.'

Crap, he was heading her way, Sekai tensed and threw herself into a roll, hitting her shoulder wrong as it cracked and sent a wave of pain up her arm and through her body as Leif barreled past, needing a few moments to stop and turn himself around as she glared at him over her shoulder. 'And there's going to be times like in the Juka Prison or that incident with Trent, that if I'm taken, I need to learn how to fight alone long enough to get out of whatever tight spot I'm in.'

She gritted her teeth and held her injured shoulder as she charged forward, trying not to cry out as the flame edged blade suddenly caught and carved a groove in her side, bouncing off her ribs and tearing out after about seven inches that felt like they cut her in half. No internal damage, it hadn't gotten to her lung or heart yet, only out of sheer luck too. 'I'm in the Baazar and that's all you need to know. I'll come back to you when I'm finished; have faith in me.'

Sekai let the momentum of the attack spin her around, trying to shake off the dizziness that came with blood loss and the sick feeling of being injured as she forced herself to raise the bow, having swapped it out halfway through the nasty combat that only seemed to be more interesting to the group of curious or bored spectators growing by one or two a minute it seemed.

“Icy Arrow of Mist.” She snapped, nearly breathless as she fired. With a pretty trail almost like that of a comet, the shimmering, blue-grey arrow soared through and struck him just below the collar bone, jutting out and quivering as a red flash stated she's scored a rare critical hit and knocked him off his feet. Grimly, the young woman stumbled closer, hoping that he stayed down this time so she could declare herself the winner... unless one of the spectators cared to do so for her.

She wouldn't complain if they did.

Damn her.

Kira seethed as she spun on her heel the moment she'd gotten a location out of the girl and headed for the door, glaring at December's still calmly standing form. “You heard it; you going to stand in my way and get cut down or are you going to do your fucking job like I am?” She didn't like the woman, didn't like her attitude, her superior than thou way of speaking or the fact that the woman was a handful of levels higher in strength than she was. For that matter, she didn't care for the fact that the bitch was an assassin-for-hire who'd just so happened to decide to throw her lot in with Sekai's.

December pursed her lips at the tone in the other woman's voice, not taking kindly to the imminent fight that would be caused by her refusal or by the fact she was being told to choose one set of directions when she would have liked to weigh the decision carefully. With a small sigh of disapproval and resignation, she straightened her spine and stood, looking the amber eyed embodiment of icy fury in the face. “I go because I am worried about her; not because of anything you have said.”

There was a note of 'and you'll do well to remember that' in her voice that gave Kira cause to give the woman a razor edged smile that promised one vicious, no holds barred fight one of those days. Their goal now mostly synchronized, the two women headed out the door and for the nearest Chaos Gate with purpose in their hurried steps. They made an impressive pair, that was for sure.

Kira with the soft, smoke blue-violet gown and its hip high slits that revealed a length of shapely leg clad in black thigh high stockings and just above the knee leather boots, her long pale pewter-blue hair that blew out behind her with every swift step she took and the long, simple but elegant spear she carried in her hand. Her amber eyes and expression blazed in temper; a woman who was on a mission and the gods only help whoever was in her path.

December, with her sugar pink hair pulled up and secured with a gold and emerald clip to keep it out of her face, the serene calm in the brilliant green eyes that matched the gemstones scattered about her gold, red and cream colored modified sari. Her twin cutlasses gleaming with their ornate gold handles brushing against her sun kissed, golden-brown skin as the numerous bracelets clinked cheerfully against each other on her wrists with every step she took.

The two looked as different as night and day in several aspects; down even to the color schemes of their clothing and their skin color, as well as their weapon choices... but the intent and firmness of their steps, the way they carried themselves gave those they began walking around/through another reason to pause; be it out of curiosity, admiration or amusement.

And may the gods help anyone who chose to stand in the way

“That was low.” Sekai gasped, chest heaving as she lay in an uncomfortably splayed heap amist a bunch of broken and splintered crates, stunned and struggling to fight off the paralysis caused by a lucky shot from that stupid card he'd managed to get a hold of. System Moderators probably had a lot of those damn things stored around; must make their captures of cheating players pretty easy, she thought to herself and glared at the slowly approaching man.

Leif regarded the half-dead looking Archer with scorn. What a pity, she'd actually handled herself quite admirably in battle, must have been the influence of those outlaw players trying to make a game seem more than it was. Comatose victims, pah, rumors fueled by the company's enemies and by hackers trying to blackmail and ruin the game for the good, noble players who did nothing illegal to their characters.

Honestly, if they wanted such realistic games, they should go play a horror game and leave the blood out of it. She'd clearly fallen into one of those groups; the ones who tried to hack their characters to make the game more realistic by causing wounds to appear and bleed like they would normally. Disgusting; this world was one of perfection, of a place where injuries simply did not exist. If your character was killed in battle, they were revived to be as beautiful and flawless as they were created.

“Have you learned to respect your superiors yet, little girl?” His voice was sharp with demand, looking down at her the same way he would at a bug about to be squashed beneath his heel. “Or is it that you're corrupt beyond redemption?”

Currently Equipped:

Sekai
Ikkitousen

Post by Sekai » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Gods, but it hurt to try and speak, especially with that boot he put on her chest and the entirely unnecessary weight he placed on said foot. Broken ribs for sure, hopefully just bruised internal organs, if anything was busted, she'd be in trouble until she could heal herself. The pain and tenderness would linger, but the danger would be dealt with.

The boot lifted enough that she could manage to breathe without too much more trouble, clearly he was a little more observant than she'd given him credit for. “You would not know corruption if it stared you in the face.” Sekai managed to retort, relishing the shock on the Heavyblade's face as those who'd crowded close enough to hear started hooting with laughter. Clearly, the defiance in her eyes coupled with her words had finally hit home, Leif's foot drawing back and snapping out in a basic physical attack that caught Sekai's jaw in a sudden, cheap shot the snapped her head back, knocking it into a corner of a splintered crate.

“You dare speak to me of corruption?!” He snapped at her nearly still form, uncaring of the murmurs of dissent rising amongst a few shop keepers, not seeing that one with an oddly reptilian cast to his features ducked away from the little ring formed around the two combatants and dart into an alleyway. “You, who perverts this game with your babbled nonsense of comas and evil doers? The only evil here is your dealings with hackers, something I'm sure you're all too willing to force Kirayne to do in your stead.”

Stars blazed in Sekai's vision, her head throbbing in time with a jaw that almost felt broken or dislocated as she carefully checked her teeth, tasting blood but feeling nothing loose, twisted or out of place. The blood dripping on her neck and shoulders was another problem though, as was the shouting that the idiot in front of her was doing to her pounding headache. 'And people wonder why I don't talk back.' It was an admittedly grumpy thought, but getting kicked in the jaw kind of had the opposite effect of putting someone in a good mood.

Where in the Bazaar are you? And what the fuck just happened?

Kira.

Her eyes opened and consciousness was forced back at the name and sound of the woman's voice. She couldn't go down, she'd promised not to for Kira's sake. She felt the overwhelming concern from December's end and felt the quick consultation the two had between each other. Oh great, now they worked together to get something accomplished instead of fighting all the time, Sekai thought crossly, ignoring whatever babbling came out of Leif's mouth at the time and finally felt the spell wear off.

'I never want to be that vulnerable in front of an enemy again. Ever.' Sekai told herself, and the other two for that measure so they knew she was okay and back... well, almost back, on her feet. While the tirade continued, Sekai swung back a bottle of the Health Drink she had, the jaw aching, but the healing potion doing its job as it knitted things back to rights, she'd be stiff as hell and need a soak in a hotspring if she could find one... but she was in better condition than she'd been before.

Stumbling out of the wreckage had Leif stopping in mid-sentence to glare at her, his sword immediately raised and once again pointed at her chest. “So you continue to defy justice and continue your illicit activities?” He demanded again, the hackers and clearly illegal characters were probably getting either bored, annoyed or both at this battle, as some were drifting away. Sekai's jaw clenched, skin around her eyes tightening in anxiety as she realized that this much of a scene wasn't a good thing. Someone was going to go find 'help' and the consequences...

“Shut up.” Sekai ordered, putting some force behind her words in a way that'd probably have those who knew the small girl staring in surprise. To add insult to injury, the little archer ignored the sharp pain as she slapped the sword blade away from her chest and walked forward to stare up at his face. His six plus feet against her barely five foot frame; massive disadvantage, but she didn't give a damn right now. “You are putting me in more danger than you can possibly imagine, and Kira as well.”

Not that she expected him to give much thought to that little detail, but it was something that force of habit had her saying anyways. It was time to finish it and she knew it, even if he didn't. So, she told him as much and in those exact words.

What she hadn't expected was what she guessed people called the 'old one-two' that came seemingly out of nowhere.

A line of fire raced up her face as the sword cut into her cheek, her head turned back to look just as the fist holding the handle of the blade snapped back and caught her on the corner of the mouth and cheek, knocking her down from the force of the blow with her hand immediately flying up to cradle the assaulted area of her face in surprise.

“Kirayne used to have such refined tastes in who she chose to accompany her in her travels of this glorious land we humans created.” He spoke to no one in particular, yet to all of them at once. Might as well make use of the audience she'd managed to pull to her. Might as well show them how foolish they were in thinking that justice would not be served and that CC Corporation would just ignore their antics.

Especially since he'd managed to find this server full of illegals; he could taste his Administrator privileges now- especially since there was a bounty on the heads of several of those dreadful 'Freedom Fighters' after they'd attacked several members of the staff in a root town.

Staring down at the little wretch who'd corrupted his experiment with the AI woman, he drew back his foot and gave her a solid kick in the ribs for good measure, watching her roll and pursued with pleasure. Yes. She would be an example made to all of them. Ignoring those fake cries of pain, the way she held herself as if he were truly kicking a person, he watched her reach out to push herself to her knees and stepped firmly down on her hand, feeling the crunch of fingers beneath his heel. “Now she's sunk down to the level of this; illegal characters who destroy the very foundation we built this world upon.”

He sneered, grinding the heel into her hand. “Does it hurt knowing that you are the reason everything is wrong with this world? That you help defile everything that is good and pure here?” Further pressure, more grinding, the bones were broken for sure should the character actually have it. It must be causing damage, her health bar- strange looking as it was- was still dropping with every move he made.

She refused to cry out further, he realized, glaring down at her filthy, bloody face and those defiant eyes that stared at him accusingly.

So accusingly.

Just like Kirayne's had when she'd turned, disintegrating after his friend's attack and had given him those same ugly eyes that haunted him still. That drove him to prove that he wasn't at fault, he wasn't the one who set her up or caused her to die- or nearly die, as he wasn't sure what happened or why this little bitch was responsible for preventing it.

Wasn't sure why that little bitch practically had everything he'd wanted to experiment on right in her hands and still had the nerve to get pissed when he called her what she was; an artificial intelligence.

“Who are you to look at me with eyes like that?!” He screamed at her, bringing the sword down on her again, watching her health bar drop, replenish itself as he caught the end of what sounded like a Repth spell and brought it down a second, a third and a fourth time. Brought it down until the back of her was in tatters, clothing and flesh alike and she even healed that much; the flesh, not the tattered shreds of her armor. “How dare you, the corruption spreading through this world like a poison- it's your fault!”

Currently Equipped:

Sekai
Ikkitousen

Post by Sekai » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:45 pm

He was insane with rage now, set off by a mere look. “You're the reason she's changed, that she refuses to see me. You're the reason she looks at me with disgust and hate in her eyes- the same way you look at me!” The sword came down again and again. Blood splattered over stone and fabric alike as the girl grimly continued healing herself and the crowd began whispering, murmuring excitedly.

Insanity was one of theirs, they understood it well and nothing was more amusing than watching someone else hit their breaking point. Even when the innocent, or someone who looked so much so, were the ones taking the brunt of the damage.

Screams. She'd heard screams, her little one had a distinctive one. Where the fuck had it come from? Kira's eyes darted, looking for any indication of who'd heard the sound and if they were moving toward or away from it. Murmuring came from somewhere far to left, she and December nodding and heading in that direction, where noise seemed to be rising and people starting the crowd.

Of course, they'd done that twice- following a crowd- only to find it being some odd sale or another of things that made entirely too much or not enough sense upon sight.

“She's faltering; I don't like the stillness coming out of the link, something is terribly wrong with her.” December murmured privately to Kira, ignoring the other's hostile behavior toward pretty much anything that moved at the moment and focused on trying to pick out where the little mistress was. The thoughts occasionally coming through were ones she didn't understand, but the significance of some cathedral like place and the memory of it coupled with a rage like no other didn't bode well.

It felt like the girl was going to make a serious mistake, one that could potentially change her for the worst, not for the better as she always hoped to achieve.

He was breathless and nearly sick, wild eyed and disheveled as she turned and slowly pushed her injured form back up, the blood freely flowing down her back from the shallow slashes he'd inflicted on her. He'd been hitting her for little amounts of damage when she'd continued healing it, keeping numerous wounds open to make her beg for forgiveness, for the plea that she was wrong and for him to spare her that never came.

That accusing, betrayal filled stare that practically screamed that he was a traitor, a villain and a man of evil, deception and wrong.

Sekai stared at him and saw what she'd been thinking the entire time; the same thing before her as the one who the spirit of the Juka field itself had taken out, condemning as unworthy. Saw the Highers for what they had been and what the lackies of such often were.

Cowards.

“She was a thing to be played with, a game and she accepted it! You ruined everything I had planned for her by corrupting her into thinking she was anything actually alive.” He screamed, his words cutting her worse than that sword of his had. “I'll bet you're planning on deleting her yourself once you're bored of her, that's how shallow little bitches like y-”

She'd been kidnapped, abducted, and carried off like some damsel in distress in a fairytale more times than anyone else she'd known by enemy and ally alike. Kept out of harm's way, protected, shielded or attempted to from anything horrific because of her delicate heart. Sana, in both worlds, had ushered her quickly away from any potential confrontation.

Her mother kept her locked in her room, both fearing the corruptive forces of the modern world and seeking to raise the 'perfect' doll to call her child, one who would obey all of her instructions and, eventually, that of an equally controllable husband. Her father, who had slipped drugs that could have contributed to the transplanted kidney's failure into her system to do unspeakable, forbidden and disgraceful things to her body and allow his friends to do the same, while maintaining she was the embodiment of innocence and light itself.

Kira shielding her from harm, time and time again. Ko throwing himself into every battle field she was on in order to keep her safe. Zan's back turned so that he could spare her feelings. Dien's dismissal of her insistence that vengence wasn't worth the price. Her optimism and belief that things would eventually be okay dismissed as childish innocence, of one who had yet to open her eyes and see the world around her.

All of them afraid to break her heart, all of them treating her like she was made of spun glass and crystal so fragile blowing against it would shatter beyond repair.

“Do you know what you are?”

Innocent.

The heat that had swelled up in her chest in the beginning suddenly exploded into a blazing inferno, spreading through her body as if her blood were oil and consumed all of her. Memories flashed through her mind of every single person who had protected her from herself, from another or from themselves- especially the haunted look in Tiral's eyes as the flames consumed him for his sacrifice to spare the rest of them from that fate. Of the looks on all their faces, then and in the present, of the pain inflicted by those whose innocence had cost them so much and brought them nothing but suffering.

Sekai launched herself forward to meet the charging figure in green, her bow nowhere in sight as she ignored the swing of the blade and half-snarled when the blade connected in a sharp, merciless impact into her left shoulder and ricocheted off bone. Pain cut through the red haze flashing through her vision long enough for her to snarl something that might have been a healing spell, blue light bursting through the red as an arrow appeared in her hand, the sharp point suddenly embedded into his thigh- right above his knee. The impact of her body into his sent them both tumbling into the hard ground, shouts from the keeper whose shop they'd been in as they rolled.

She wasn't innocent, not anymore.

“Get off!” Leif managed, trying to shove the little hellcat off of him as she swiped at his character's face again with her bare hands. Little barbarian, small wonder Kirayne had to keep an eye on her all the time, the child was clearly unstable as could be and had no business walking around in an already unbalanced society. His fingers hit several keys on his keyboard, watching through his visor as a fist swung and caught the girl on the chin, effectively toppling her and taking out a rather appropriate amount of her health bar as well.

“How dare you?!” Sekai snarled back in response, feeling the ache and rattle of the blow. Her lip had quite naturally split where her teeth had sunk in from the sharp blow and she did her best to ignore the throbbing sting of the injury- and the blood dripping down. Her hand rose, swiping at it sharp enough to make it sting all the worse, like she'd just opened up the wound further. “You know nothing about her, know nothing about what she's been through or who she is.”

She launched herself at him again, swinging the way she'd seen Kira do at someone in the middle of a close encounter fight when they'd been deadlocked, catching him by surprise with a hard right to the eye and followed him into the tent he stumbled and fell backwards inside. Her hands were around his throat, suddenly glowing brightly as she snapped the name of a spell she didn't realize she'd said the name of, watching the spires of the Gan spell rise up and pierce through one after another, following up with a Vak spell that set him and her on fire, she ignored the flame spell, alternating between trying to choke the life out of him and casting spells to follow a fist to the face.

Over and over and over again.

He kicked her off, at long last and she rolled near the entrance, blood splattered, wild eyed and furious as she summoned her bow, took aim and snarled the name of the attack she wanted to hit him with just as someone else's voice- a woman's- said something similar as well.

Ice met flame in an unholy explosion with Leif in the middle, the man dropping and outright disappearing just as a pair of guards poked their heads in, noticing the bow and looked at the shop-keeper for an explanation.

“Pay no mind, gentlemen, I'm sorry for the trouble and will be more than happy to pay the fee for your inconvenience.” She purred, draped in a body hugging sheath the color of the blood that flecked the tent walls. “It was a bit of an incident this lovely little warrior decided to help me end; even if we both overreacted a bit, I'll take care of her, thank you for your assistance.”

Currently Equipped:

Sekai
Ikkitousen

Post by Sekai » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:46 pm

The strange, lion headed woman had swiftly acted, moving the Archer behind the counter the moment the guards had begun asking questions. An occasional glance was sent at the girl- whose expression was positively still alit from her fury- and then a shrug was given. She'd snap out of it when something jarred her from her thoughts.

It took a lot to make a mind snap that far, whatever that samurai had done must have been simply dreadful, though Sobek had told her the battle was getting quite personal and the man had been positively dishonorable part way through the fight.

Coin was exchanged as she waited for the guards who occasionally patrolled the town and broke up the skirmishes that took place to leave and vanish out of sight. Turning to the girl, she put clawed hands on her hips and tapped her coral and gold sandal against the lush purple carpet she'd thrown down for others to stand on. And to complain about when it got dirty.

“Well, my dear child. You have quite the spirit, but none of the finesse of a true warrior. You took more damage than you gave out, though the critical hit at the end was most enjoyable.” Fangs bared themselves in an animalistic smile as the lion headed woman gestured to a chair that had appeared out of nowhere and ordered her to sit.

“However, I like spirit, it means you have potential; how about we clean you up while my lovely Sobek goes and retrieves some rather worried people to show them the way to your side again, hm?” Her reddish eyes gleamed in predatory anticipation as she rubbed her clawed hands together and laughed at the suddenly fearful look in the young girl's eyes, the rage finally vanishing and the realization of how much trouble she was in suddenly dawning on the young face.

“Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit.”

Sobek grinned, his crocodile's smile unnerving to the three he'd collected- though getting the boy with fancy wings had been a delightful trial all on its own- as they weaved through the bustling streets back to the one specific tent out of hundreds, perhaps even thousands that littered the place. “Yes, she was quite a terror. Reminded me much of what I imagine my Sekhmet to be like as an untrained little thing. Vicious and just kept swinging no matter how bloody she got.” The tone was ungodly happy and energetic, like a sports fan whose team won with no contest.

He didn't notice that the Wavemaster's face only seemed to get paler, more haunted looking with each word out of his mouth, or that the line the Twin Blade's lips had pursed into had become almost razor thin.

Or that the Long Arm's expression of fury was black enough to strike second thoughts into a lot of some of the level sixty players around who caught a glimpse of the look on her face. Whoever was on the receiving end of that much temper had their pity, even if they probably deserved it.

“Of course, she only got vicious after that Heavyblade practically made mincemeat out of her. But the courage she showed! Only crying out at first, and then she gave him that positively beautiful glare, ahh I may have fallen for her just a little at that moment.” He sighed dramatically, flipping the tent open in much the same fashion and gave his usual toothy smile at the creepily happy woman with a lioness' head who, not surprisingly to the Wavemaster, was standing beside what had to be Sekai with several bowls of what looked like extremely dirty, bloody water. “As commanded, my pride and joy, I've brought the ones looking for a girl such as the one we managed to pick up.”

She smiled, something almost as disturbing as when Sobek did it and extended coral and gold braceleted arms out to them all. “Welcome to my humble little corner, dear friends of the little warrior.” She proclaimed warmly, watching them all scout for the nearest exits or where traps may be hidden with a great deal of amusement. The girl in her seat seemed to stiffen up and slump down, trying to hide from sight. Someone was likely in trouble, the lioness thought in amusement, not bothering to distract the little reunion for much longer. “She fought as honorably as she could against a ruffian who quite simply lost his mind in battle. Such a pity that Heavyblades end up lost to that berserker rage sometimes. Happening more and more these days it seems.”

Sekai stood up suddenly in her seat, turning around with her shoulders practically hunched around her ears, a guilty but defiant look still on her young face as she moved around from behind the small 'register' that the two had set up. Anger turned to interest in December's eyes as she waited for Kira to notice the changes in the girl's outfit and appearance as well.

While she was still small, always would be, there were knee high dark brown leather boots with russet laces securing them to a pair of very bare, very shapely legs whose length hadn't been noticeable beneath that hakama and that made her seem a bit taller than she was. Thrown atop a rather stylish dress whose front length hit just at mid-thigh and back fell about mid-calf in a very pretty dark green that was a few shades lighter than the forest green hakama she'd worn, was brown leather armor studded with two clear gemstones matching the one on the choker around her neck... and the two studding the brand new, brown leather bracers she sported on her wrists and forearms.

“That's rather flattering,” December commented, her spring colored eyes lighting up as she circled the girl to get a better view of what it looked like all the way around. She could still see the tattoo that marred the girl's fair skin, but didn't pay it much mind.

The girl'd paid for the marking and so their power was incorporated into its design somehow or another. An odd design was on the girl's forehead, a black and white... almost hurricane shaped symbol with the 'eye' that currently resembled the same cloudy gemstones on the girl's armor, bracers and choker. Crimson painted fingernails reached out and caught the ends of the girl's snowy hair. “...your hair is a bit longer and styled differently, it gives you a more... mature look. I like this.” She praised the girl and glanced over at their two 'hosts', both of which looked enormously pleased with themselves.

“A true masterpiece; as her price for my keeping her out of trouble with the local guards here, she agreed to be my little guinea pig when it comes to my craft; I would say it was a success.” She purred in satisfaction, looking all the image of a cat who'd gotten into the catnip after a bowl of cream. Waiving a clawed hand at her shop, she smiled at all of them. “I am Sekhmet, and this lovely man is Sobek, my partner. We design for a living and sell our wares to those who serve as an appropriate challenge.”

Appropriate challenge huh, seemed to be the look on the three's faces as they stared directly at the girl saved by the fashion designers. Said girl flushed and pointedly looked away from them as if she didn't see them in the room. “What do we owe you?” Kira managed after a very long period of silence, which she'd used to collect herself. She'd explode at Sekai later. When they had some time alone and she had a good damn space to yell at her in and corner to put her in as a result.

Sobek looked surprised, looking at Sekhmet and shrugged. “We have already accepted payment,” He explained, his reptilian features somehow managing to look puzzled in a most comical manner. “She's to be our... how do you say it, walking billboard? A most pleasant job, I assure you, whenever she uses whatever special thing she can do, she'll have a change of outfit designed specifically by us.”

Sekhmet smiled again, looking pleased with herself and pointed to the gemstone on her own forehead. “I had the idea myself after I was tired of taking up an inventory slot with all the outfits I wanted to wear; so I invented a way to change them whenever the occasion was appropriate. It works with even the rare articles of clothing picked up in dungeons or awarded at events. For her, she just has the one at this moment, we're working on a design that will compliment her when she is with you, assassin.”

December looked surprised, but intrigued. “I look forward to it then, I think it's kind of a fun idea.” She glanced at Sekai, who looked more like she wanted to sink into the floor and die right then and there. Well, troublesome children oft earned unexpected consequences, she thought with a smile on her crimson lips, chuckling as she noticed Kira glance in her direction, back at Sekai and return her gaze again. Must be trying to imagine what they'll design for her with my own theme in mind, the pink haired woman thought and sent the icy Long Arm a bemused look and shrug.

“...right, so she's free to go?” The long haired woman finally asked, wanting nothing more to get back to the hideout before that damn meeting with the Fire Master started. Mostly so she had a chance to flip out on Sekai in semi-private... and because being so exposed in front of all these weird hackers or players with strange abilities was starting to freak her out in a way that wasn't going to be healthy for anyone here in a few minutes.

Sobek eyed the women- and then the boy as well- with more than a shade of interest. “Of course, but wouldn't you let me-” Sekhmet placed her clawed hand on his shoulder, leaning her head against the scaled surface. “Not now, dear one. They need to head back for a little while, we'll be seeing them again, I'll send her a flashmail when her order is complete.” Red eyes turned to the three new ones who'd come into the shop, attention sharpening and voice turning stern.

“Now then, she's received her scolding from me, it's your turn. Keep a better eye on her; as strong as she is, she's still not ready for a one on one match against those stronger than she is. More training is needed before she can do that. Help her get to that point and work together, perhaps next time she won't feel she has to prove herself as much.”

Sekai's face turned red as Kira hooked her arm around her waist. “Oh believe me,” Her voice held a wealth of promise and intent, her arm tightening possessively around the slim waist of the little Archer as they began to walk out. “I have no intention of letting her go untrained, or unescorted for a good, long time.”

They left the tent quickly, December serving as Takua's guide as the four of them headed quickly for the Chaos Gate in a silence that was filled with more tension than any shoujo manga could have possibly generated.

Sekai glanced back once, noticing the odd couple smiling at her and gave a slight smile, apologetic and thankful as well, mouthing her thanks to the couple and blinked at the way they seemed to high-five and cheer, walking back into their tent with their arms wrapped around each others' waists.

And she thought she and Kira made an odd couple.

“Are you going to yell at me?” Sekai asked finally, in a voice that was filled with expectant dread, her shoulders still hunched and body absolutely stiff during the walk back toward the hideout. Worry filled her, what if they were going to wait until they were in the hideout to yell at her? That'd be even worse, everyone there would hear it and know what happened.

Kira looked at her with a look that made the girl shrink. “I should, after all you put us through.” Her tone was furious in a way Sekai hadn't heard before, closest had been her fury at Trent when she'd shouted at him for kidnapping her and threatened to end him right then and there if she were harmed.

There was a 'but' lingering unspoken there and hope suddenly filled her. Maybe she wasn't in as much trouble as she thought!

“No, you're in even more trouble than you think you are,” The former princess informed her, dashing her hopes in an instant. December's smooth, deep voice quickly picked up where Kira had left off. “But now is not the appropriate time, and you seem to have been punished sufficiently in body.”

She did hurt.

Kira's furious look turned chillingly devious, the smirk across her face giving Takua a reason to pause, staring at her just as warily, if not more so, than Sekai chose to do. That look meant trouble for someone, and he had a feeling Sekai wasn't going to want to go along with whatever Kira had planned for her.

“So I'm the one who gets to make sure you're in battle ready shape,” The amber eyed woman practically purred in a disturbing imitation of Sekhmet. “And you are going to be quiet and do as I tell you.”

Currently Equipped:

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:15 am

Good to see you back in the game. Now let's keep it that way, shall we?

+ 1700 exp
+ 2 level 2 wood scrolls of your choice
+ 2000 GP