In need of some reading material? Buy powerful scrolls here.
Librarian: Neona

Moderator: Nighthand

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Reincarnated Distrusting Fallen Angel: An Unexpected Truth

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:44 pm

Suzaku was looking over the unconscious Phoenix in a field of nothingness. She has been trying to wake Phoenix for quite some time now. “Kazuma-sama, why are you not waking up? I cast Repth multiple times but still nothing. He has been acting strange lately. I wish I knew what was going on.” Suzaku was full of concern and sadness for her master as she was powerless to do anything. Suddenly, she began to remember the series of events that brought them here or nothingness.

Flashback – Dun Loireag

After Royce saved them from Raikari’s attempt of a second transformation, Phoenix and the others were allowed to leave the hot springs and return to Dun Loireag. Everyone quickly began to spread out and doing their own thing. Phoenix took to the rooftops and lay down on the roof. I didn’t get resurrected after my death. Those bastards. They probably don’t want me near them for what I try to do to Nall and Raine. Sometimes in order to protect someone, you must become a demon. They want answers too but I was willing to take that step to get them. I don’t understand how Nall could gain so much trust from them without telling them the real dangers. I want power but staying with them will prevent me from gaining it.

Suddenly, Phoenix felt another headache coming on. He could not understand why these headaches were happening lately. He pounded his fist to the rooftop and almost went through the roof. Phoenix was trying to match pain with pain which seem to be working. “Are you alright, Kazuma-sama?” Suzaku said with deep concern. Yes, I’m FINE. Don’t worry about me. Suzaku was now more worry about her master’s state of mind. She knew that Phoenix would not yell at her if he was stable. She needed to warn the others about Phoenix’s mental health but she could not leave his side. Suzaku’s attention was returned to Phoenix as he read a flashmail he just got.

To: Everyone

Come, meet me in Mac Anu’s Hideout. Nall is off recuperating, and left me with what to do. Lighteria, you’ll be especially pleased to know we’re going to help you. In fact, everyone who Nall promised something to should be happy with this.

So, if you’re coming with us, join me here. I’ll answer as much as I can there.

Nall decides to rest his injuries while we are left to fend for ourselves. I don’t need Nall or any of them anymore. I will defeat the elites with my own power. I need to become stronger and beat them at their own game. Phoenix opened up a flashmail to send to Nighthand.

To: Nighthand

Sorry, I can’t come to your gathering. I have business that I have to do alone. I’ll be back sometime. Don’t try to find me.

End Flashmail

Before Phoenix was just about to send the flashmail, Suzaku added a little something to the flashmail that Phoenix could not see.

To: Nighthand

Sorry, I can’t come to your gathering. I have business that I have to do alone. I’ll be back sometime. Don’t try to find me.

He is planning of not coming back. He is been acting strangely and I will try to find out why. I suggest that you do not search for him especially in his current state of mind. He may attack you like he did with Nall and Raine. Also, do not tell anyone else about this except for Gingi. I do not think Nall would help him. I’ll keep you updated on the sititution.

~S

End Flashmail

Phoenix was standing up now and talked to Suzaku. It’s time to train now, Suzaku. We must defeat the elites. He did not noticed my alternation to the flashmail. Suzaku gave herself a sigh of relief as Phoenix headed for the Chaos Gate. Phoenix was thinking of some keywords to use. He pondered for a minute until he came up with a combination. “Reincarnated Distrusting Fallen Angel!” Suddenly, three golden rings descended upon Phoenix and disappeared from Dun Loireag.

Phoenix appeared on a hilly field litter with rain, thunder, and lightning along the night sky. Before he could move in a direction, something huge grabbed him from behind and began to squeeze very tightly. It was an ogre due to the giant hammer that it was carrying. Phoenix was trying to break the hold with his mere strength but even his gravity enhanced strength was no use. The ogre squeezed even harder trying to break Phoenix’s bones. Phoenix’s face was in agony but he had a plan to break out of the hold. He began to increase the gravity around him to make himself heavier. The ogre tried its hardest to maintain the hold but it could not as it drop Phoenix to the ground.

Phoenix quickly went back to his natural gravity and jumped away from the ogre. He went to his selection of swords and took out the 6 Sided Blade. Once Phoenix landed on the ground, he went towards the ogre and leapt towards it. “RUE SLASH!” The sword was covered in ice and swung it overhead. The ogre had its hammer in a defensive position as Phoenix’s sword connected with the hammer. What happened next was unimaginable to Phoenix. A bolt of lightning stuck the spot where Phoenix’s sword and the ogre’s hammer interacted with each other. The resulting electricity from the lightning conducted into both weapons. Both Phoenix and the ogre screamed in pain as they were being electrocuted. The ogre could not stand the shock of the lightning bolt and disappeared from the field. Phoenix fell to the ground from the pain and lost consciousness.

End Flashback

Phoenix slowly began to wake up into the field of nothingness. He saw Suzaku just a few feet in front of him. Suzaku, where are we? “After you and the ogre were electrocuted, you were transported here in this nothingness. I have been trying to wake you in the past half hour. I do not think we can leave this field.” You’re probably right, Suzaku. Now, where we go since there is nothing…

In a blink of an eye, Phoenix and Suzaku saw an ancient castle appearing from thin air. A loud, echoing, electronic voice came from the castle. “The master of gravity, Phoenix. I know the truth of your existence in the World. If you can face the truth, great power shall be rewarded but first, you must prove your worth to me. Get to the top floor of this castle and everything you desired will be obtained.”

Phoenix turned to Suzaku and said, “Let’s go, Suzaku.” As Phoenix began to head towards the castle, the headache returned to him. Why does this pain keep returning to me? I won’t allow this pain to interfere with my desires. Kazuma-sama, this is an obviously a trap. I know you will not listen to reason but I will protect you with my life eventhough you are not yourself. One more thing, the voice just now seems to be familiar but I cannot figure out who. Suzaku wished that she was wrong but her instincts were unshakeable that dark times will come to her master and that was nearly powerless to stop him. She did not want that to happen as she flew next to Phoenix.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:17 am

As Phoenix got closer to the stone castle, he noticed the fine detail of the outside of the castle. If the castle existed in real world, it looked like it had been there for a thousand of years. Various pieces of the castle were crumbling but somehow, it managed to stay together. Phoenix knew that appearances can be deceiving especially for this castle. He was afraid what was inside of the castle as he approached the huge door. The door was rusted all over along with the handles. Phoenix grabbed one of the handles and began to try to pull the door open. The handle soon crumbled under Phoenix’s grip. He tried to pull the other handle but crumbed like the previous one. He pondered for a second on what to do and then drew out his sword. Phoenix pointed the hilt towards the door and thrust it towards the door. The rusted door began to break apart as shards of rusted metal fell to the ground. Phoenix and Suzaku went through the newly opened entrance which was dark inside.

The only source of light was from nothingness of the field but only covered a small part of the room. As the blademaster and guardian went further into the room, the opening closed up behind them which only left total darkness for a few seconds. Suddenly, torches were being lit with a blue flame surrounded the entire room with light. The room was huge and mostly empty covered with brick and stone but the reason for the size of the room was in directly in front of them. Phoenix and Suzaku saw two Dark Riders but one of them had a whip instead of the usual sword. Phoenix quickly changed his Fishing Gloves for his Silver Bracer which had his only lightning spell. The two Dark Riders began to surround Phoenix by circling around him very closely. Phoenix could not escape by foot since one of the Dark Riders would make a counterattack from behind. His only option was to jump over one of the Dark Riders and try to get some distance between them. Suzaku, cast a Vak Rom at the sword Dark Rider once I’m airborne. The bird gave a slight nod as Phoenix leapt into the air.

“RAI ROM!” The electric twister was combined with the Vak Rom at the sword Dark Rider causing it to be stunned for a few seconds as Phoenix was above the Dark Rider. Suddenly something was wrapped around Phoenix’s foot and began to go backwards in the air. Phoenix was soon slammed into the ground and dropped his sword. He noticed that the Dark Rider with the whip caught him in midair but the whip was longer than usual. At that moment, Phoenix realized that the whip can change its length at will. The Dark Rider started to move around dragging Phoenix on the ground. The hard floor caused pain all over Phoenix’s body as he was dragged around. He could not focus for a gravity attack but he was wondering why Suzaku could not save him. “The other Dark Rider is not even allowing me to get even near you. My spells would miss the whip and might hit you.” The bird was avoiding various BiAni Don attacks from the other Dark Rider but it seems Phoenix could not hear the impacts of the BiAni Don attacks. The Dark Rider seems to have unlimited SP. I should try a Vak Rom at the other Dark Rider instead of the whip.

Suzaku cast Vak Rom at the whip Dark Rider but the attack missed the Rider and burned the whip instead allowing Phoenix to be free. At the same time, Suzaku was stuck what looked like a BiAni Don attack but it formed a cage around her. The caged bird disappeared from the room. Phoenix’s body was hurting all over from being dragged on the ground. He drew out the Mehrir Sword but the whip Dark Rider quickly stole the sword and threw it across the room. Phoenix tried to draw his remaining swords but all of them were stolen and then thrown in the exact same manner. I can’t believe that all six of my swords were taken by this Dark Rider. I need a weapon but I doubt I can get to any of them without being dragged around again or attack by the other Rider. Abruptly, Phoenix had another headache coming on but this time, he enjoyed the sensation of the pain. “RAI ROM!” Phoenix targeted the spell at the whip Dark Rider stunning long enough for newly formed idea that he had.

Phoenix began running towards the other Dark Rider and applied his gravity powers on the knight part of the Dark Rider. The sudden increase in weight caused the horse to fall the ground. Phoenix kicked the fallen Dark Rider in the head and then kicks the hand that contains the Dark Rider’s sword. The sword flew into the air and quickly was taken by Phoenix. He cut off the Dark Rider’s arms and head with its own sword which causes it to die. He was enjoying the sensation of pain and joy as the remaining Dark Rider cast a BiAni Don. The darkness attack caused him to fly into a wall causing Phoenix to lose the sword which disappeared due to the other Dark Rider’s death. The next thing that Phoenix knew was that he was rammed into the wall by the Dark Rider. Phoenix was being squeezed very tightly by the combined weight of the Dark Rider. He was losing his breath very rapidly and at near death. Suddenly, the pain threshold of Phoenix was surpassed by anything that he had experience before. He knew there was internal bleeding along with a few broken bones. A Rai Rom would kill Phoenix at this point due to close proximity of the monster. There was only one attack that Phoenix could use to survive.

He began to increase the gravity of the knight of the Dark Rider. The knight was in extreme pain due to the very high gravity that Phoenix had applied to it. Normally, he would not use such high gravity due to the high pain it would cause but at this point, pain was nothing. He had a sinister smile on his face as the Dark Rider was being tortured by the very high gravity. The Dark Rider was violently destroyed as its screams of pain echoed throughout the room. A door soon appear with a note on it but before going near the door, Phoenix need to heal and catch his breaths. He cast three Repths on himself to heal most of his wounds. The headache from before was still with him but he did not mind it as much. He grabbed his swords that were scattered across the room from the Dark Rider and waited for his SP to regenerate completely. Phoenix approached the newly formed door and took the note off the door and read it.

Phoenix,

This is a test for you and you only. Your pet is with me at the moment. I think it will give you more reason to meet me.

Phoenix threw the note away and opened the door. He could not see what was beyond the door but his last thought before going through the door was interesting. I don’t need anyone to help not even Suzaku. I will attain the power to defeat the elites. No matter the cost of my soul.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:45 am

The next room that Phoenix entered into was a room that he was familiar with along with the enemy that it contained. It can’t be. I killed him a long time ago. Whoever this enemy is, seems to know me very well. The room was a typical dungeon room in the World. The monster awaited Phoenix was a huge, white, armored knight along with a giant sword that was almost tall as Phoenix. “VAK KRUZ!” Fireballs surrounded the knight and try to converge against the knight. They met against a barrier that surrounded the knight completely. Great! It has magical tolerance. I wonder what other surprises it has.

Phoenix began to charge towards the knight with his sword but his charge was cut short by the knight’s sword. It extended towards Phoenix at a very fast pace. Phoenix barely had any time to roll out of the way of the sword. Its range is incredible. I don’t know how I can reach him. Wait a second. Suddenly, Phoenix began to increase the gravity of the sword hoping that the knight would drop the sword. As the knight was struggling with moving the sword, Phoenix attacked the knight with a Gan Revolver attack. Phoenix’s sword became rocky as he executed the spinning motion of the attack pattern. The spinning motion allowed Phoenix to strike the knight multiple times as he kept his focus on increasing the gravity of the sword. The knight gave out a deafening growl as the rocky sword impacted on its armor. Once Phoenix finished his Gan Revolver technique, he got an unexpected surprise from the knight. Somehow, the knight was able to overcome the increased gravity of the sword and swung it at Phoenix. Phoenix had no time to avoid the sword and caught the full blunt of it. The sword managed to cut into Phoenix’s chest which sent him flying to a nearby wall.

Phoenix was bleeding from his right side as blood seep through his clothes and to the floor. He knew that he had to quickly get up before the knight could attack again. Phoenix’s sources of pain were coming from his head and side now as his gravity powers and the sword attack caused the pain to occur. He saw the now extended sword headed towards him and quickly went to his right to avoid it. The huge sword impacted against the dungeon wall causing some smoke and debris to fly up. Phoenix went to attack the knight but noticed that he did not have his sword in his hand. He quickly took out another sword which was the Menhir Sword and began to charge at the knight who was trying to remove the sword from the wall. “VAK CRACK!” The sword was surrounded with flames when Phoenix began his high jump motion. Once he reached the maximum height of the jump, he altered his own gravity to increase the rate of descent. Phoenix knew how the half-gravity state lowered his rate of falling. In battle, floating down would mean longer hang-time in air which the enemy could easily avoided the attack. Phoenix was about to swing down his sword when the white knight swung his left arm and knocked him sideways.

Phoenix was thrown ten feet away from the knight. His left side was hurting from the knight’s punch but he was not bleeding on that side yet. Phoenix just thought about how the knight is really dumb as he could have just retracted the sword from the wall. He noticed his Matoi sword was nearby and quickly sheathed his previous sword. He equipped the Matoi and saw the knight managed to pull out the sword out of the wall. Phoenix leapted into the air towards and yelled out, “GAN CRACK!” Phoenix’s blade became rock hard and once again lowered his gravity to fall faster. The knight did not noticed Phoenix’s attack until it was too late as the Matoi went down the knight’s left side. The attack managed to cause a noticeable dent in the knight’s armor. Phoenix quickly took a chance for another attack as the knight seemed to be dazed from the attack. “GAN REVOLVER!” The sword once again became rock hard and Phoenix was spinning as he thrust his sword at the knight. He tried to increase the dent in the knight’s armor but suddenly, the knight grabbed Phoenix’s neck.

Phoenix was forcibly stopped by the knight and felt harder to breathe. He felt the air being removed from his lungs as his windpipe was being contracted. He was being choked to death by the white knight and dropped his sword to the ground. Phoenix was about to blackout when he thought of a brilliant idea. With all of his remaining breath, Phoenix spoke out the fire convergence spell, “Vak Kru…z!” The spell was not targeting the knight but Phoenix himself. He figured that the magical tolerance barrier only applied to spells being targeted against it. The spell mostly impacted along Phoenix’s body but a few of the fireballs impacted on the knight’s arm. The magical defense of the knight was very poor due to the compensation of high physical defense and magical tolerance barrier. The knight let go of Phoenix and retracted his arm to his body. Phoenix quickly got away from the knight as he regained his breath and sword. He tried to cast Repth on himself but nothing happened. He even tried to use a Health Drink but he could not access it from his inventory. The bastard has cutoff recovery items and spells. I can’t take much more of this.

Phoenix began to charge at the knight even all the pain that he was experiencing now. He needed to get the knight on the ground so he could finish it off with a barrage of sword attacks. The knight was swinging his sword at Phoenix but Phoenix leapt towards the knight and about to swing a direct hit to the knight’s head when suddenly, the knight disappeared. Phoenix felted something appearing behind him and quickly turned around once landing back on the ground. After making the 180 degree turn, Phoenix was immediately stabbed by the extending blade of the knight impaling him to the wall. Once hitting the wall, Phoenix coughed up some blood onto the sword. The knight retracted the blade and allows Phoenix to fall to the ground. It slowly made its way towards the bloody master of gravity who could barely move at the moment. Phoenix was in an extremely tight bind now as he is experiencing internal bleeding along with the headaches. He did not know how he would get out of this situation alive.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:19 am

Phoenix’s body was bloody and barely showed any signs of movement. The white knight was heading towards Phoenix to put off the final kill. The knight was within two feet of Phoenix’s limp body and began the motion for an overhead sword chop. Phoenix was barely conscious as he saw the knight prepared for the final attack. I need help. Suzaku, do something. That’s right. She was kidnapped by whoever built this place. Wait a second, I don’t any help. It’s not they would help me anyway. They didn’t resurrect me in the last battle. I will defeat this monster or anyone else with my own power. I don’t need them. I just need my skill and power.

The knight’s sword descended down at Phoenix as he gave a sinister smile. With quick reflexes, Phoenix stopped the sword with both of his hands by going to one tenth of Earth’s normal gravity. Phoenix slowly got right back up while still holding the sword with both of his hands. Blood from the various wounds of Phoenix’s body was dripping onto the dungeon floor. The knight was trying to move the sword in any direction but Phoenix’s grip on the sword was absolute. Phoenix was feeding off of the pain from the wounds and the application of his gravity powers. He forcibly removed the sword from the knight’s hands and threw it aside. The knight used its super speed to recover the sword but Phoenix had accounted for the knight’s actions and gave it a quick kick in the chest. The force of the kick caused the knight to be knocked down onto the ground. Phoenix was still in his abnormal state of gravity as he stood over the knight and drew out the 6 Side Sword. “RUE SLASH!” The sword turned into a blade of ice as Phoenix drove it in the dented side of the knight’s armor. Once the sword penetrated the armor, Phoenix moved the sword throughout the knight’s body tearing up the insides of the knight. He placed his foot on the knight which was under four times normal gravity as an unmovable weight on the knight. The knight was struggling with the sword attack and trying to get up but eventually its struggle was for nothing. It died in terrible pain and torture from Phoenix’s skewering sword attack.

Phoenix dropped his sword and fell to the ground soon after the knight died. What the hell happened? One moment, I was about to die. The next, somehow the knight died. My body feels it has been through hell and back. Maybe I can use Repth now. Phoenix cast the familiar healing spell and felt the blue light mending his body back up. He cast it multiple times until he was back at full strength. He checked the room for any weapons that Phoenix may have drop during the battle and picked them up. Phoenix switched the 6 Side Sword with the Matoi before exiting the room. He noticed a long, spiraling staircase awaited him. Phoenix began to climb the staircase at a slow pace. He did not want to waste energy once he reached the top. The climb to the top allowed for Phoenix to regain his SP. Phoenix was about short of breath once he reached the top. He rested for a little bit and started to think. I hoped that I can rescue Suzaku and just get out of here. There’s something about place that doesn’t feel right. Phoenix entered the room and encountered another unexpected surprise.

Phoenix entered a huge room covered with blue marble. He has been in a similar room like this in the past as he saw the monster at the end of the room. It was a white wyrm with black scales at the joints. It had two pairs of black spikes on its back, wings, and tail. It had two ivory horns on his head. One thing that the wyrm did have but did not from last time was legs. It was flying at near the top of the room so it had enough space to flap its wings. Phoenix switched his Silver Bracer for his Fishing Gloves and cast Rue Kruz at the wyrm. He knew from the last battle with the wyrm that it was physically tolerant. The icicles from the Rue Kruz were immediately impacted on another magically tolerant barrier. He must have reversed the tolerances on the wyrm. Trying to attack it while in the air is suicide. I think I could bring it down with my gravity powers. Phoenix began to try to raise the gravity of the white wyrm but found out something odd about the wyrm. Oh no! This is no good at all. It has no gravity field. I can’t effect it at all. Suddenly, a powerful white fireball came at Phoenix and directly hit him in the chest. Phoenix had various burn marks all over his body but he was still standing. The only thing that Phoenix could do at the moment was to avoid the wyrm’s attacks while thinking up a plan of attack but the odds were not looking good.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:38 am

Phoenix was dodging the white wyrm’s fireball attacks left and right. He was getting tired from constantly avoiding the attacks of the wyrm. He knew that he must come up with a plan to attack the wyrm soon otherwise he would be a crispy blademaster. Suddenly, Phoenix realized that the wyrm’s fireballs took about five seconds to launch at him. He suddenly came up with a plan of action. Phoenix avoided the next fireball attack and began to count to three. 1000, 2000, 3000 “RUE KRUZ!” Phoenix hoped that the magical tolerance field would block the fireball within the field causing an explosion. The wyrm fired the attack while the field was still in effect from the Rue Kruz attack. The attack went through the field and directly hit the unexpected Phoenix.

Phoenix was thrown back to a wall by the fireball attack. Once again, he was hurting all over his body. He tried to cast Repth to heal his injuries but like with the previous battle, he could not cast or use anything healing based. I guess I need to initialize the suicide plan since I have nothing else left to think of. Phoenix began to charge at the wyrm and began to time the wyrm’s next fireball attack. He was going to use the explosion of the attack to give him a boost towards the wyrm and attack it with a Gan Crack attack. The fireball headed towards at amazing speed at Phoenix. He jumped up into the air as the fireball impacted with the ground giving up an extra boost in his jump. “GAN CRACK!” Phoenix’s sword transformed from metallic to rocky as he headed towards the wyrm but he did not expect the wyrm to have another attack at its disposal. The monster flapped its wings once and many spikes flew at Phoenix. He could not avoid them and took the full blunt of the spike attack. He fell to the ground with multiple spikes embedded in his body. Phoenix could not move any part of his body regardless of how much willpower he had. The wyrm realized the condition of Phoenix’s body and hover over the fallen warrior. It began to charge up for a final attack which mostly will kill Phoenix.

It looks like I’m going to die for sure this time unless they come and save me. I don’t think they will come since they are probably saving their own asses from some Elite or some other threat. They placed too much trust within Nall without good reason. All he ever done to them is getting them into situations where they go in without much intel while he knows everything. If they want to follow blindly into his lead, I could not care less about it. Its their loss… Phoenix suddenly heard something in his head. It’s time for you to accept your destiny and allow me to help you. Phoenix was confused and about to die so he did not take much time to think about the offer the mysterious voice made. I will… accept.

The Ingwaz marking on Phoenix’s right hand began to glow a dark black. The wyrm seem to be confused by the sudden glowing from Phoenix that it fired off the fireball. Phoenix quickly lifted his legs towards him and rolled that he would be standing up. Once standing up, he did a back flip to avoid the explosion of the fireball attack. Normally, nobody would be able to do these movements due to the extreme pain and injuries but Phoenix was gaining his strength from the pain and enjoying it. He raised his right hand towards the wyrm and began to focus his powers. The wyrm felt a strong force being applied to it. It could not keep afloat and went plummeting to the ground. Phoenix went towards the fallen wyrm and drove his sword into its head. He repeatedly stabbed the wyrm’s head as the monster was wallowing in pain. Eventually, the wyrm died from Phoenix’s attacks and disappeared from the room.

Phoenix’s body fell to the ground and once again, he could not move his body. He noticed how the wyrm was gone and wondered how he defeated the wyrm. The last thing that he remembered was hearing this mysterious voice and accepting some offer but he cannot really remembered. Phoenix began to cast Repth multiple times to heal all of injuries. The blue light was refreshing to him but he did not see a way out of the room. He searched the walls for some hidden passage but with no success. Suddenly, he was violently teleported from the room and appeared in what could be called “The throne room of frozen hell.” The entire room was covered from blue, cold flames with a throne that had ice surrounding it. Two sets of rings appeared on and near the throne. One set was Suzaku trapped in a cage while the other materialized a person. The person wore the same clothes as Phoenix but the person was masked unable to see its face at all. The person spoke in a muffled ominous tone. “You manage to defeat every monster in your path. Now, it’s time to reveal the truth to you…fake.”
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:56 am

“You manage to defeat every monster in your path. Now, it’s time to reveal the truth to you…fake.”

Phoenix could not believe the statement said to the mastermind of the dungeon. He was shocked in disbelief that he could not say anything back. His eyes seemed to be dead as he looked at the man. “Too shocked to say anything back. I guess I have to talk then.” The man was sitting with his left elbow on one of the pedestals of the throne with his head resting on his left hand as he spoke. “You aren’t the real Phoenix. You are just a fak…” “I WON’T BELIEVE THAT AT ALL. WHY I SHOULDN’T KILL YOU RIGHT NOW?” said Phoenix as he shouted at the masked man.

“I was wondering when you were going to speak, fake. Now as for killing me, you won’t because you want to know the truth and seek the power that I promised to you. Is that a good enough reason to kill me alive, fake?” said the mysterious man calmly. Phoenix gave a reply back to the man, “I won’t kill you yet but stop calling me fake.” The man gave a nod to Phoenix before he started the conversation once again.

“Fair enough. Let’s begin storytime, shall we?” The man gave a slight pause before continuing. “When the original Phoenix first started playing with the World, he encountered a childlike AI that tried to kill him. It appeared everywhere Phoenix quested. Eventually, the AI captured a player that helped him before in a previous encounter with the AI.”

“The White Knight.” Phoenix interrupted the masked man. The man looked at Phoenix before continuing with the story. “That’s correct. The AI took the knight and corrupted its data. It used the knight against Phoenix and another player which they managed to defeat the knight. Soon after, Phoenix discovered that the AI was his childhood friend, Shin…” “ENOUGH OF THIS BS. I KNOW ALL THIS. TELL ME SOMETHING NEW OR THIS SWORD WILL DOWN YOUR THROAT.” Phoenix yelled at the masked man. He was really tired from the constant fighting but he did not want to reveal that the man yet.

“I forgot that you are a direct copy of Phoenix. You have his memories until a certain point. I won’t bother you with those details. I’ll continue with the story at a new point.” The man cleared his throat before speaking to the blademaster once again. “The point where your memories separate was when the original Phoenix went to Aion’s dungeon. You know that you were infected with the Twilight during your adventure there but what you don’t know is the true effect of the Twilight.” “True effect of the Twilight?” Phoenix pondered to the masked man.

“You should have noticed some of those effects like the headaches and permanent physical wounds.” “Permanent physical wounds?” “Yes, permanent physical wounds. Shortly you were infected with the Twilight, you collapsed from various wounds received during your time in the World. At that time, scars appeared everywhere on your body. Of course, you never took off your clothes to check but you know deep inside.” I don’t believe this. I don’t have scars on my body. I refuse to believe it.

“Back to the story. When the original Phoenix was infected with the Twilight, it wasn’t just any Twilight. It was a modified version of the original virus.” Phoenix at that moment fell to one knee in disbelief. “Modified version of the Twilight?” “The modified version was designed to make the player trapped in the World but destroy the soul of the player. The intent of the virus was to create an army of mindless soliders. You were basically the first test subject.” Phoenix was having a very hard time in believing all of this. He began to attempt to make contact with his captured pet, Suzaku. Suzaku, is any of this might be true? Suzaku, please speak to me. SUZAKU.

“Your pet was annoying so I made it sleep for awhile until I feel like waking it up. Your focus is on me and me only. Got it? Phoenix gave a reluctant nod to the masked man and said, “Then how I’m a fake to you?” “You didn’t allow me to finish. When the original Phoenix was infected with the modified Twilight, it obviously didn’t have the desired effect. What happened was that he split into two separate beings. The original and you. Before Aion could help the both of you, you left the dungeon.”

Phoenix stood back up and once again shouted at the masked man. “HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT I’M THE FAKE AND THE OTHER PHOENIX IS NOT?” The man gave a mocking laugh at the master of gravity. “Because he does not have the headaches or the scars like you do.” “Interesting story but I refused to believe it. Now, I want the power you promised me.”

The man rose up from his throne while laughing at Phoenix. “You’re so pathetic. You don’t deserve any power at all. You’re a scourge to the World and thus, you deserve to die like any monster in the World.” At that point, Phoenix screamed in rage and snapped mentally. He ran towards at the masked man in rage with his sword pointed at his heart. The masked man did not try to avoid Phoenix’s attack. Phoenix’s sword went through the man’s heart but it did not pierce the chest in the normal way. The sword phased through the man as he leered at Phoenix. The man directed his right hand at Phoenix and a blue blast came out of it. The blast hit Phoenix in the chest and flew back a few yards away from the masked man. “Any weapon above level ten is useless. Also, healing spells are useless. I had to take every precaution to ensure my victory against you, fake.” The man regained a few hit points as he taunted the blademaster. Phoenix was extremely angry at the masked man and wanted to kill him slowly. He was in a very tough battle for his life and reason to live.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:18 pm

Phoenix was not sure about his purpose or existence in life as the masked man told him that he was a clone of the original Phoenix when he was infected with a modified strain of the Twilight virus. The mysterious man’s purpose was to tell him the truth of his origin and then kill him because he is a threat to the World. The man was extremely prepared to kill Phoenix as he disabled healing spells, any weapon above level ten goes through him, and had a hacked power of his own. Phoenix had only one weapon that was below level ten and it was the Fugaku sword. He switched the Matoi with the Fugaku and went on an attack path towards the masked man.

The man did not move expecting that Phoenix’s attack would have the same effect as before. “GAN SLASH!” Phoenix’s sword became rock hard when he called out the attack name. The sword went down the man’s left shoulder and diagonally moved downwards through the body. The man was quite surprised by Phoenix’s attack that hopped back a few feet and fired another blue blast at Phoenix. Once again, Phoenix was hit by the blast and went away from the man. Before Phoenix could attack again, the man laughed at the blademaster during his hit point regeneration. “I’m amazed that you had a weapon below level ten. I shouldn’t be that overconfident in battle. I should defend myself with a weapon.”

The unknown man finally revealed his character class as a sword materialized in his hands. Phoenix recognized the sword to be the Bureido. I thought he was a fist fighter but he figured that I didn’t have a weapon that would hurt him. This battle got even tougher to win. The masked blademaster took the initiative to attack Phoenix with a regular attack. The attack was a thrust at Phoenix’s midsection which he sidestepped to the right but the enemy did another thrust at the midsection once again. Phoenix dodged the second thrust but the enemy continually sword thrust at Phoenix’s chest. Phoenix kept on dodging the attacks but eventually was backed into a wall. I fell into the enemy’s trap. “ANI CRACK!” The masked blademaster leapt into the air as the darkness aura began to surround the Bureido. “GAN SLASH!” Phoenix’s sword once again took rocky form and clash with the Bureido. The Fugaku sword began to crack under the strength of the Ani Crack attack. The masked blademaster continued to apply strength to the attack and eventually breaking the rocky sword into pieces. The blademaster backed away from the master of gravity after shattering the sword.

Phoenix was in shock by shattering of the Fugaku sword. It was the oldest sword that Phoenix had in his collection. Now after countless battles, it was broken in many pieces lying about in the field. Phoenix was now filled with rage with the loss of his treasured sword. He threw the broken hilt of the Fugaku away and began to focus the gravity field of the Bureido making it heavier. The blademaster’s sword arm dropped to the ground and tried to lift the sword from the ground. Phoenix charged at the blademaster but his blind rage made his judgment very poor. Phoenix’s plan was extremely flawed as the blademaster made his sword disappeared and fire a blue shot at Phoenix. Once again, Phoenix was hit by the shot and thrown back to the wall. The blademaster’s hit points were once again back full strength from the regeneration effect.

Phoenix once again used his gravity powers on the blademaster at ten times normal gravity. He wanted to crush the blademaster’s bones but Phoenix’s opponent had a way to counter Phoenix’s gravity powers. Phoenix was flown backwards and impacted the wall by an unknown force. The impact made Phoenix to break his concentration on the blademaster. Before he could reapplied the gravity force on the blademaster, multiple blue energy blasts came at Phoenix. All three blasts connected. Phoenix could not get up or even used his powers against the blademaster. The masked blademaster slowly walked towards the blademaster as his hit points regenerated. Phoenix was lifted from the ground by the same unknown force that flew him back to the wall earlier. He was having a hard time breathing and keeping his eyes opened as the blademaster began to talk to Phoenix.

“Don’t you realize that your powers are fighting against the Twilight? Every time you used them, you took a step closer to your true destiny. A destiny that I’m trying to prevent right now. Do you have any last words before I wiped your existence from the World?” Phoenix was speaking slowly from the wounds that he received from the blue blasts. “I still believe that… I’m not a… fake. Also, who are… you?” The blademaster took a few seconds to consider Phoenix’s request and gave him an indirect answer. The masked blademaster tore off Phoenix’s shirt for a horrific sight. A mirror that went from Phoenix’s head down to his waist appeared a couple of feet in front of him. Phoenix could not believe the sight in front of him.

Phoenix’s entire midsection along with the arms was covered with scar tissue. There was no sign of normal skin tissue on his body. Phoenix snapped out of the sight of the body as the blademaster spoke again. “If you think that was a surprise, you haven’t experienced anything yet.” The masked blademaster removed his mask slowly and threw it away. Phoenix screamed in shock at the face of the now revealed blademaster before he fell into unconsciousness. The blademaster laughed evilly at Phoenix as the master of gravity went into unconsciousness. He went back to his throne and stood next to it as he charged a giant blue energy ball. Once the energy ball reached critical mass, the blademaster directed the ball at Phoenix. The blue energy ball created an explosion that was very bright and reached almost to the blademaster. Smoke and debris filled the room as the explosion reached its climax. The brightness of the explosion faded away leaving only smoke left but the blademaster saw something he did not expect to see at all. A dark, purplish aura was coming from the smoke cloud and once the smoke clear, the source of the aura was revealed. It was Phoenix standing up but it was not him at the same time from the way that he spoke, “I cannot believe that you used his face to drive him into insanity. For that, I’ll beat you and find out your true identity, fake. The face of the once masked blademaster was Phoenix himself.

The unmasked Phoenix fired three blue shots at the possessed Phoenix but they impacted on a purplish barrier surrounding him. The possessed Phoenix extended his left arm out and created a spear out the same purplish energy that the barrier was composed of. The possessed Phoenix charged at the unmasked Phoenix and drove the spear into his opponent’s midsection. The unmasked Phoenix was surprised by the attack because he thought the spear would not hurt him. The unmasked Phoenix used the same unknown force that pushed Phoenix away from him earlier but the possessed Phoenix used his gravity powers to make himself heavier. The possessed Phoenix only move a few feet before the force stopped trying to move him. The unmasked Phoenix recalled his sword and called out Ani Revolver against the other Phoenix. The possessed Phoenix countered with a Triple Doom like attack that impacted with the other Phoenix’s sword. The force of the purple spear was enough to break the Bureido. The unmasked Phoenix jumped away from the other Phoenix and fired a blue ball at other Phoenix. The possessed Phoenix used his free hand to produce a purple ball of his own and impacted with the other ball. The purple ball overpowered the blue ball and smashed into the unmasked Phoenix.

The unmasked Phoenix was weakened by the possessed Phoenix regardless of the hit point regeneration ability that he had. “I figured out your powers. The blue energy balls used your own life energy. That’s why you have auto regeneration otherwise you would quickly die from your own attacks. You also had some telekinesis ability but the power of it is based on weight. Your final power is shape shifting. I’ll bet that power is taking up your concentration especially with those injuries. Now reveal your true self to me.” The unmasked Phoenix laughed at the other Phoenix. “I don’t know you’re talking about. I don’t have shape shifting but I do know this. I have already won. You can’t maintain your control over the fake. Goodbye for now.” The unmasked Phoenix summoned the golden rings to make him leave the castle.

He’s right. I don’t have much time left. I used too much power during the battle but I need to do one more thing. The possessed Phoenix went over to the cage that Suzaku was in and cut the bars with his gravity spear. The bird was now free but still unconscious. She’s still unconscious. I don’t have time to dive into Kazuma’s mind. I have to send her away. With a flick of his wrist, the guardian vanished from the castle. The possessed Phoenix went towards the broken Fugaku and pick up the broken hilt. This hilt will save you one day if you can overcome this trial, old friend. I have done all I can for now. I’ll save you, Kazuma. The possessed Phoenix cried for a few seconds before falling to the ground. Phoenix was now motionless. His current state could not be determined. He was either alive or dead. What fate lies for the master of gravity?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An unknown field

The unmasked Phoenix stumbled to a nearby chair and looked at his wounds. I didn’t expect Phoenix’s benefactor to possess his body and messing up my original plans but this maybe turned out good in the long run. I will just observe what happens and plan from there. The unmasked Phoenix laughs in the empty field as his shape changes into his true form.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:39 am

Phoenix =-=> 1 lvl. + Thunder Torque + Emperor's Soul
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!