Enter the World through the Lambda Server

Moderator: Nighthand

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:24 pm

-A glowing being emitted from Rayo’s staff, it attacked the invincible beast with such a force that it nearly took the room down around them. Stabbing his blade into the ground he knelt behind it holding on as the shockwave and blinding light washed over him. Removing the Demonic blade from the ground he rose back up his eyesight tinted, and his ears ringing. The creature was motionless, and unchanging. The snake was finally dead. Ryok slid his blade across the top of its sheath guiding it with his thumb. Pulling the handle away from his body as the tip reached the opening he slid the blade down into it.

-Looking around the room he noticed Nighthand had moved toward the giant stone, which now resembled a Gott Statue Stone. After a few moments of Nighthand looking it over a ladder formed from it, which jetted up from it’s top into the darkness above. Ryok waited as everyone went up the ladder, only now noticing that their fairy friend had disappeared. His face was rigid; he tried his hardest to protect the creature. He hoped that in the end she had found her way safely out, and hadn’t met a timely demise. Moving forward and up the ladder he followed the rest through the thin sheet of darkness and out a hole in the top of the cave.

-His hands grabbed the top of the hole, pulling up he rose out of the hole and slid across the ground away from it. His face was down in the dirt; his arms and legs sprawled out around him. He lay there for a few seconds before sitting up in the dirt. Ahead, everyone had now assembled around a resting pool. Ryok rummaged through his pouch counting over his items, and making sure he hadn’t dropped anything. A health potion and a golden leaf appeared in his bag, as he looked them over the result of Nighthand opening a treasure chest that he had found on the side of the pool. Standing he moved out of the tunnel and out towards the pool.

-His was body exhausted every bone and muscle aching. He really needed to get into shape. He stopped in the middle of the group falling down on to his face. Nighthand, and Rayo’s words echoed in his head for a moment before he put them all in their places in a sentence. Turning his head from the ground Ryok spoke…

-“You can keep it…” Pulling himself up from the ground he only got half way before falling back. Crawling to the edge of the pool he fell again his hair brushing the top of the pool. His hands pushed into the ground a few moments later, and on all fours and dipped his head into it. His aches, and pains disappeared as his health rose back up to full. The purple of his eyes flashed like the scales of a rare fish as he shook his head under water. The feeling over came him; his limbs relaxed and he fell face first into the pool. Down, down, down he went until he hit the dirt bottom where he stopped. Motionless, like the snake, he rested on its floor. Then he remembered the odd flash mail he had received from…

-That guy who wrote in purple… I didn’t even know that someone could change the color of the text in flash mails. Uhh, wait. Oh, yeah…

-Pulling the flash mail from a stored log in his head he turned over in the silt of the floor. Looking up towards the surface he looked the letter over again.

Flashmail
To: Nighthand, Rayo, Zhao Xun, Ryok
RE: strings

alL pathS leaD tO thE samE enD, aS alL stringS convergE arounD thE fingerS oF onE masteR. thE masteR toO iS A puppeT... whaT iS youR enD? dO yoU seeK youR enD?

-Hmm, what’s with the caps? And who IS he?!… Maybe it’s a she? Whoever it is they know who we are, and what were trying to do. But who could he be talking about?

-His face turned red, a flume of bubbles escaping his mouth. Storing the message again he swam up away from the bottom of the pool. He moved to his feet and bent his legs pushing up, and swimming towards the surface. Placing his hands on the edge of the pool he pulled himself out and crawled to one of the benches where lay down across it, facing out towards everyone.

-“I think we’ve come this far, we might as well keep going. I understand that creature wasn’t our true enemy, but I want to take this to the end. Plus, we're here already what if the elites move the hub, or lock the server? Sure, we could get back in or find it again, but them knowing what we're going after would give them the advantage. I think we should press on.” Sighing he finished his part and turned his head in towards the seat of the bench, closing his eyes to listen to the rest of them.

OCC:Yeah...

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Zhao Xun
Elevated Player

Post by Zhao Xun » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:51 pm

It was a difficult choice, really. Continue on, hoping that we could persevere and succeed in our original objective? Or turn back, join up with those who could help us, and move as a group? We'd come a good ways already, but... we were so tired... so weak.

This has happened once before. Remember that solo trek we went on a while ago? We got lucky then. I doubt we will again.

You have a point.

"I agree with Rayo. We need to pull out. This situation will only get worse, and we're in no shape to handle it. It's true, Ryok, that we've come this far, but... we'll be unable to go further without aid. We've probably already lost the element of surprise by taking the wrong path, and we'll do better by cooperating with the others in a straight-up fight. If we lose the location of this hub, we'll just have to track it down again, but if we die here, then where the hub is doesn't matter."

I slowly lowered myself to the ground, still feeling the pains of the battle, and lay down on the hard surface. My eyes drifted shut, but my ears remained open, listening for what the rest of our party had to say.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:08 am

After the huge explosion of light passed its course, Phoenix saw that the obelisk had took on a different shape. It has now formed a ladder to the surface which after climbing it revealed a spring that restores HP and SP along with a treasure chest that was not the target of their quest. Even though his ears were still ringing from the huge explosion but he can hear enough to make out what Nighthand and the others were saying.

So it has come down to this. Continue on and hope that we can take out the hub or leave and help the others with their hub. But if we leave now, who knows if we can have another chance like this again. I refuse to give up here…

Did you not just give up while fighting the snake, Kazuma-sama? The guardian interjected herself into her master’s thoughts trying to understand his reasoning. Back then, there was really no point for me to continue fighting the snake as Rayo and the others had it under control. There are times where giving up and stepping out of the way are two different things. It’s better to be out of the way than trying with everything you have just getting yourself or others hurt or killed. At that time, I chose to reduce the amount of damage to me and the others by not fighting the snake. Now it’s time for me to say my two cents on this subject.

Phoenix finally decided to speak to everyone about the subject. “Rayo, keep the souls as this Artisian Soul will make up for the two souls I just lost. I think we should continue on. For one, the other group has the all-powerful Nall. Even if the other group gets into trouble, Nall will probably save their asses. Two, we aren’t even sure if we could leave and get into the other hub at all. Three, I rather not have Zan and Reinier make laughing stocks of us for leaving the hub. Four, we should improve on our unity which I admit that I wasn’t helping much in the previous fight. We could become better fighters by staying here and facing the challenges here. We won’t get better if we leave here and join the others. Let’s face it. After we deal with the hubs, the battles are going to get harder from this point. If we don’t deal this hub now, even with the others, we aren’t going to be better from it. Sometimes there are going to be times where we aren’t going to be able to deal with the situation that easily just like that snake. My abilities were just about useless in that fight. In the future, I want to be able to look back and find a way to improve myself in that type of situation. So I think it’s tied 2 to 2 right now. So Nighthand, what it’s going to be: stay or run away?”

Phoenix just stood there as he waited for Nighthand and the others who have not decided on if the group should stay or go and help the others.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:17 pm

Nighthand sighed. Once more, it fell upon him to make the decision... A fact he didn't much care for. Sure he was the most powerful of them, the longest-here... but did that mean he had to make all the choices?

Still... They really didn't have much chance if the rest of the pathways were like this one. They had barely survived that snake... And only god knew what was guarding the hub itself.

Flashmail!
To: Nall

How're you guys doing over there? This hub is really well guarded... we took the wrong path and had to fight something that you'd imagine Garaa's version of the Shinja would be. We're really hurting though... I don't think we can handle another false path.

Flashmail!
To: Nighthand

We're doing better than you are, seems like. This is a straight-forward dungeon, fairly typical, though the difficulty is increasing each room we complete. We can do it, probably, but it might be a bit harsh.

Flashmail!
To: Nall

I've taken a vote... I'm thinking we should join you. Nothing has been shown of this hub's guardian yet, just that automated snake. Whoever it is probably knows we're here, but I highly doubt we can handle another path right now. Is there any reason we couldn't come join your group? Mine had this funky thing where the path closed behind us, but seemed to be open when Tokki joined...

Flashmail!
To: Nighthand

You sound in need of help, so yeah, come join us. We can hit that hub immediately after this one. I'll have Sheena keep an eye on it, so if it moves or is locked or anything, we'll know where it goes. This is too important to let it slip away.

Nighthand nodded to himself. At least they would be able to return, that was the important part. Sheena would be able to notice if the field was suddenly occupied with a hacker of some kind, or really if any change was observed. They had at least that advantage going for them.

"I hate to say this, but we're simply not equipped to deal with more of this field. Rayo ran low on SP items, and if we take another wrong path, so would the rest of us. If nothing else, a restocking trip would be well worth our time. I talked to Nall over flashmail; he says Sheena will watch the field, so we'll know if anything changes. If a hacker decides to stop by, we'll know, and if the field moves, we'll trace it. We'll be able to come back, and we'll have to. For now, though, splitting our forces isn't as good an idea as it seemed."

Nighthand stood, and paced around the clearing a couple times. "We'll go back to the new hideout, stock up on some items, and go to meet the other group in their field. From what I hear, they're most of the way through, but they could use the reinfocements."

With that, the heavyblade looked the group over once more. Whatever objections there might have been, he didn't hear, as he logged out of the field. They could bring it up with him in the hideout, if they so decided.

--------------ooc:
Kay, so post in the other thread now. Do your restocking in that post, make sure you read over the thread (at least my posts in it) so you know what the layout is, and make your way to the central room at the bottom of the staircase. Once the other group gets done with their Rai room, they'll be emerging to join us. We can talk there about Marionette, and then move on to the next room. Also, don't forget, you haven't met Senna yet, so she'll be a surprise.

Grades. Yes, I'm grading this, despite the quest as a whole not being successful. That said, performance certainly could have been better. I'd have let this thread continue, but... honestly, I don't have the confidence enough to believe everyone would get posts in every week.

Nighthand -> +2000 GP, + Plasma Blade
Rayo -> + 3 Mages Souls, + 1 level, + 1500 GP
--------> Golden Orb Upgraded -> Glowing Reasonably Blue
Zhao -> + 2 Health Drinks, + 1000 GP
Ryok -> + 1500 GP, + 1 Heath Drink
Phoenix -> + 1000 GP, + 2 Health Drinks
Hijinx -> + 1000 GP, + 1 Health Drink
Tokki -> + 1000 GP