Enter the World through the Lambda Server

Moderator: Nighthand

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:58 pm

Wow...did we just unintentionally work as a team? That is amazing how our attacks were so coordinated on the monster and seemed to flow so well. It seems we may have evolved...Evolved to a higher level of fighting; one where we can read and depict the moves of our allies...

The words quickly engulfed the mind of Hacorie as the boss took a blow from each of the characters who were active in the quest. However, just as the party had seen the glorious attack they had successfully performed on the boss character, a new and larger trouble came into their vision. The boss had been holding back on them; he had still just been toying with everyone in the room. His mind games seemed to rival that of the character named Jinx, but with a little less randomness. With eyes dropping to the ground, Hacorie let out a small sigh as one of his hands dropped to the pouch on his side. Slowly, he pulled out a string of pearls which seemed to be letting off an eerie white light.

About the same time as he pulled the beads out, the devil spoke the first of a few sentences which led to an inevitable attack: ”Hah… Well…. This was better than I had anticipated you all to be. You haven’t finished me off though, not yet!” Only one word could come to the mind of Hac as he tried not to laugh...Cliche... Since these words usually indicated a massive strike, Hacorie averted his eyes up from the circular objects in his palm and looked at the monster with eyes of fierce intensity. In a matter of seconds, Hacorie witnessed the most unimaginable of sights: the devil could use whichever weapon he wanted to.

After finally switching weapons a couple times, the devil stopped. His weapons of choice were a dual pair of axes. Without even a warning, the devil started to sprint toward one of the characters who had been involved in a majority of the battle, Lighteria. Before anyone could act on what they were seeing, the two large axes were heard striking the ground as a large void appeared veiling Lighteria to where no one could see him.

DAMNIT! Again, I could do nothing to save someone else. I need to....need to rely on my ability to help people....I need to...NO! I can do this...on my own abilities. I should not have to rely on my summon for every little thing. I have comrades to help me through this...

“Like them? They’re my specialty. Prepare, for this will be your last moment!”

As the sphere of darkness disappeared from into nothingness, a spectacular sight caught Hac’s attention. Lighteria was alive and kick....bubbling. Small orbs of darkness quickly began to separate from their origin and make their way across the entirety of the room. The illuminating blue eyes of the Heavy Blade called Hacorie slowly fell back to the stone ground. He had seen Lighteria’s power once or twice in the past. It was...weird, but very helpful if used correctly. This time, it seemed it would do much more damage to the group because the boss was the same element as the weird ass orbs.

As soon as he noticed what element the orbs were, Hacorie shifted to a thought process of configuring a solution to the situation. The easiest thing to do would be to destroy all the orbs in the room. However, if this were to happen...Lighteria may be harmed. Would the harming of an ally be a good thing? It may confuse Lighteria into thinking we have all turned on him, and since he has not been himself, would that really be the best choice?

The second choice would be to ignore the orbs and continue to fight the demon. This also led to a problem though. The boss’s power is heightened due to Lighteria’s skill. This means it will be ultra powerful....well even more powerful than it already is. This could endanger everyone. Why is this such a conundrum? In a matter of desperation, Hacorie chose the option he thought was best and attached a Flashmail to the group, except for the one of orbs.

Flashmail
To: All Freedom Fighters except Lighteria

Look, I do not have to say that we have a situation on our hands, but I would just like to state our two obvious options. One would be to destroy the orbs. This, however, may effect Lights mentally causing the loss of an ally, maybe. Should we take the risk? The second would be to ignore the orbs all together and focus on the boss. I vote on the second. Even though the boss may be greater in strength now, I would not like to make an enemy of an ally. I leave your choices to you individually. Choose what you think is right.

PS: Of course, there may also be another option which I am overlooking.

End Flashmail

After sending the mail, Hacorie read over it once more and almost laughed at how corny the whole thing was, but he was glad to try and communicate with his partners. Right after his rereading, another message was sent from the Heavy Blade user. This time, it was to a single entity: Senna.

Flashmail
To: Senna

By now, you may have read my last Flashmail. I would like you to help me keep the boss at bay while the others make their decision. I know you are strong and are witty. That is why I think we should have a little fun. I think we should use our water-based attacks to pulverize this beast. I will break his defenses, and you come in for the kill. If that is unsatisfactory, I will be going in alone. I hope to hear you behind me Senna.

End Flashmail.

“Ap Ruem, Ap Ruem!” Hacorie shouted as two glyphs appeared beneath his feet. One stayed in its location, still as a board. The other quickly shot to the location of the Long Arm Senna. Hastily, the Heavy Blade grabbed his sword with both hands once again. The quick force slung the pearls around the hilt. With a quick finger movement, the beads were locked in place, and also tightly holding Hac’s hands to his blade. The Heavy Blade did this because he had no time to put them back in his pouch, but he also knew they added no effect to his attacks whatsoever.

Locking his eyes on the boss, Hacorie shouted two spells in succession. “Rue Zot! MeRue Rom!” Sickles of cold ice began to swirl in a circulated area as pillars of ice shot up from the ground. Using this as a distraction, Hacorie rushed toward the boss. Footstep after footstep, his heart began to race faster and faster. He hoped that the Long Arm would be close behind after seeing the attacks in action. Wishing for the best, Hacorie put all his weight on his front foot after one last step.

Pressing all the weight into this foot sent him flying toward the swirling bits of frozen water. With his sword wrapped in hands, he moved his arms over his head and swung straight down with all the force he could muster. Letting out a small grunt, Hacorie wished and hoped for the attack to draw the monster’s attention enough for Senna to come in for the follow through. Who knows, maybe some other characters would join in and create a massive combination like before.

Wishing with no stars in sight are we? Foolish...
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Marionette
Elevated Player

Post by Marionette » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:34 am

Flashmail
To: Sekai
Subject: thE gamE
yoU shalL bE thE onE. looK tO thE corneR.
whaT happenS wheN thE puppeT pullS thE stringS?

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:48 am

(OOC: Nighthand, it was a diversion. I didn’t intend to use the fae item that time around.)

Phoenix was surprised by the sudden discharge of the fae diamond ring as he did not intend to activate the last charge of the ring but continued with his attack plan. After Suzaku cast her BiVak Rom at the Devil, it used her as a measure of revenge towards the blademaster. He immediately managed to kill the guardian with its weight. It was not the first time that one of Marionette’s guardians had targeted his pet but it was the first time that it killed her. As the others attacked the Devil, he looked at the ring and noticed that the final white diamond have not turned black yet. Phoenix did not understand why this happen but it did not mind having another charge to use on the ring.

Before Phoenix could plan his next attack, the Devil focused his attention on him and Zhao who was standing next to him. It used a column of darkness to kill them but Zhao’s fae item protected them from the attack. The blademaster thanked Zhao for the shield protection before noticing that Zan or the Merged had an item that protected himself from the Devil’s attack. When did Zan possessed that item? I don’t think it was a fae item or otherwise Elin would mention a sixth sister. There’s something going on with him but this isn’t the time to worry about it.

Phoenix was right about his thought as the Devil killed Lighteria with a pair of darkness axes which produced a similar effect to the fae light dome but darkness-based. Or so it thought as Lighteria’s body became a bunch of darkness orbs. The blademaster had nearly forgotten about Lighteria’s Twilight ability but remembered now what it can do. Usually his ability was a good thing for the group but right now, it was hindering the group as it made the Devil even stronger.

The blademaster got a flashmail from Hacorie who wanted to fight the Devil without destroying the orbs. He did not blame the Heavy Blade for not fighting a fellow ally but in a way this was not Lighteria. It was clear to Phoenix now that the person currently in Lighteria’s body did not know about his ability. It was less likely that imposter was an Elite agent with this development. With Rayo resurrecting Suzaku, Phoenix had a job for the bird. He gave the bird a Mage Soul to replenish her SP as she will need it for the following job.

Suzaku, I need you to take out the orbs. I know it’s Lighteria or rather his body but I doubt the imposter knows how to control his ability. I rather not have the Devil to continue to be stronger than it already is. I’ll help out with the others with the Devil. Do whatever necessary to destroy all the orbs. Do not engage the Devil since it appears that your fire attacks are ineffective against it.

I understand, Kazuma-sama. I will do it. I know that you would do the same if I was not myself.

Suzaku used her BiVak Rom on a group of orbs and completely destroying the entire group. While she continued to take out the orbs, Phoenix switched his Bloody Pain with the Matoi before joining in Hacorie’s attack. He used Hacorie’s distraction to get close to the Devil to use the last remaining charge on the ring. Using the light dome to stun the Devil even further, Phoenix activated his Gan Crack attack towards the Devil’s darkness axes. He realized that he was not the one was going to defeat the Devil completely but rather trying to weaken its combat capabilities.

(OOC: Suzaku is taking out the orbs. Either Ligheria or Nighthand can determine how many she destroys.)
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Senna
Awakened Player

Post by Senna » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:02 pm

It all went off pretty much as it always did – several people lending their smaller abilities to the fight in order to create a much bigger pile of damage. They hadn’t been fast enough to stop the counter attacks on Phoenix’s pet… friend… whatever, or on Rayo, but but then… then…

Senna had been sure Zan would come in again, the whirlwind of his attacks sometimes measured and powerful, sometimes almost dizzying with their razor-wind speed. It was how, she had come to believe over the past while, things were DONE in the Freedom Fighters. She had no idea what was wrong with him (but was wrong the right word? They were ALL weird, weren’t they?) but it made him something of a monster in battle. She couldn’t say she’d ever want to be on the wrong end of a fight with him, but she trusted he was a good part of why the group did not suffer more than it had.

But as she pulled back, hoping against hope that this time she could get away unscathed, she was surprised to see that Zan hadn’t come into the fight. She had just enough time to recognize this, however, before the retreat from the creature was aided by its own move. It had snagged Canti out of the air and slung him at her.

Canti was a friend, but he also made one heck of a projectile in the wrong. Hands, and this devil was most definitely the wrong hands. They collided hard and went skidding.

All things considered, they both got off lucky, if you looked at what the thing did to others. It was a miracle nothing was broken as they finally ground to a halt near the wall.

Dizzily, Senna just lay there a moment, feeling a sense of déjà vu. Hadn’t this already happened? Not that it mattered. GODS her head hurt.

You okay?” she asked Canti. Her head was buzzing. Noise in the room? She couldn’t tell. Looking up, she saw the fight was continuing without them. Zan. Lighteria. Rayo casting a spell (mental thank yous were extended to him as her zap stat jumped).

Wait. Lighteria? Her attention was on him as he changed into a swarm of orbs. Eh? Now what in the name of whatever Gods ruled The World was THIS mess? Obviously it was Lighteria, but what else? Was it just… him? (Her? It? Whatever). Would it hurt them? Could they hurt it? Would hurting those hurt Lighteria? (Though a part of her admitted, shamefully, that she didn’t care as much as she ought to if that were the case.)

Luckily, the rest of the group seemed to have a better moral compass than she did. Hac sent out a Flashmail just as she began puzzling over her next step.
To: All Freedom Fighters except Lighteria

Look, I do not have to say that we have a situation on our hands, but I would just like to state our two obvious options. One would be to destroy the orbs. This, however, may effect Lights mentally causing the loss of an ally, maybe. Should we take the risk? The second would be to ignore the orbs all together and focus on the boss. I vote on the second. Even though the boss may be greater in strength now, I would not like to make an enemy of an ally. I leave your choices to you individually. Choose what you think is right.

PS: Of course, there may also be another option which I am overlooking.
Well. A little bit of grin factor in there. She couldn’t pretend to care about this ‘Lights’ character any more than she would any other random person she might find herself on the same side as. Still, it made sense from a not-losing-an-ally standpoint. But the boss… it just tossed Senna and Canti aside, suggesting their attacks were little other than nuisance. What…

And another Flashmail came, as though beckoned by her thoughts. Hac again. Glancing over it, she reflected on how much she’d missed fighting with the sword-wielder, in either sense. And it looked like she was getting another chance.
To: Senna

By now, you may have read my last Flashmail. I would like you to help me keep the boss at bay while the others make their decision. I know you are strong and are witty. That is why I think we should have a little fun. I think we should use our water-based attacks to pulverize this beast. I will break his defenses, and you come in for the kill. If that is unsatisfactory, I will be going in alone. I hope to hear you behind me Senna.
And as promised, he was already moving in, unleashing his water magic on his target. A hasty switch brought her up to her best weapon and most useful spells. Hac was moving, running toward the enemy. At least this time, there was no debate.

She wasn’t letting him run in alone.

Senna scuffed one sandal on the ground, then took off in a dead sprint after Hac, heading toward the swirling mess of water magic that should signify where their target lay. As she went, she added her own small contribution to the melee of water magic Hac had initiated – a Rue Rom. It wasn’t the thing she intended to do, though. A warm up. A diversion. Aim to the side of Hac, like before, with Canti. Keep it guessing. Keep it hurting.

She was a few steps behind his attack. Fire was going off somewhere in the background, but it didn’t seem to be near them, near the boss, so that was well. The Fairy Spear was clutched in her hands, and she was going for the back this time, feeling the cool energy of the water affinity in the spear build up as she prepared to use her attack.

Three. Two. One. In range. “Rue Doom.

The blue aura felt like wet silk sliding across her skin, odd but not uncomfortable. Let it dig in, she thought as the spear took on its own life through muscle memory in her hands and arms. Let it hurt.
Senna, level 33 Long Arm (710 HP/180 SP)
Most common kit: Ichigou, Racoon Earcaps, Air Bracer, Snow Panther, Winter Coat, Graceful Book
Spells/Skills: (Critical Hit/Death) Repulse Cage, Ap Corv, Ap Vorv, Rai Rom, Rue Zot, La Repth
Click for full equipment and items
14300 (1/23)

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:27 pm

(Most things around him became inconsequential during the moments in which he attacked. Other people were like background chatter, monsters tearing at him were minor issues, wholesale catastrophe could be ignored. The focus of Canti's vicious assault was not one that could be sidetracked by outside stimuli, most of the time. And even if it did, it wouldn't stop him from doing what must be done. However, when the force that he IS focused upon decides to pull a fast one. Well...that's slightly different. The thing about this occasion was that the Twin Blade had had the luxury of hitting paydirt before something went wrong. When he'd attacked, some kind of crest-thingy had been dissolving, the same with when Senna had attacked with the same element. A positive result had been made. For one brief second, their boss character looked to be more defeatable. And then...trouble. Canti didn't know what was happening with the others at this time, but HE was being grabbed and thrown at the nearby Long Arm! The dark Twin Blade collided with Senna and they both slid across the cave-like floor, away from the Puppet-Devil. Now, being a projectile might not have been as painful as getting hit by one, but Canti already had aches and pains and fatigue stacked upon all this. He had a headache that felt like acid was trying to burn its way out of his head. He could faintly remember that he'd been through this before...)

“You okay?”

Canti: Huh? Oh, right. Yeah, I think I'm okay. I think I have a plan...

(Groggily, he stood up from the prone position he'd been in. Much as he'd enjoy hanging out with Senna, this wasn't quite what he had in mind. That being said, Canti turned back to the issue at hand, catching up on current events while telling his head that there's no place like home...no place like home... It was Thunder that he'd used and Thunder had had an effect. Thunder and lightning was causing this boss pain and he had, in his hands, the right tools for the job. But even as the bastard had become prepared for oncoming attacks, it became clear that this was a job for more than just himself. Time for a little team action... Canti didn't wanna test the mettle of the Devil's metal head-on. Instead, he got closer to Rayo's position and used a Resurrect on him.)

Canti: Hey, man. I think he's got a real weakness for Thunder in there somewhere. Can ya help a guy out?

(His plan was to have Rayo gear him and others up towards the act of enhanced lightning power. It goes against his normal way of doing things, but Canti wasn't an idiot. His Fuse Blades were kept all this time because it did well to have the bain of darkness too. In which case, Rayo used a Sports Drink on him, giving off the effect of Ap Raio. Canti felt the buzz of electricity as a more inviting thing. And combined with the fact that their opponent was also hit with Dek Raio, this could really work... Rayo went back to his business as prime resurrector in the group as Canti moved aside from him, stalking an opportunity. Other things had gone on in this room. Lighteria, or rather the one driving in his body, had gone through some kind of effect that Canti, personally, didn't want to mess with. He wasn't interested in playing the hero. He was only out for the destruction of a boss. That was why he didn't even give Hacorie's flashmail a second thought as he waited...)

Canti: Wait a minute... What's going on? Water attacks?

(Had the moment arrived? There was definitely something going on here. Hac and Senna appeared to get into a collaboration, starting with Hacorie shouting off water spells. The Twin Blade had no idea if that was going to do as much damage on the Devil as a Thunder attack, especially since Rayo had enhanced Senna as well. Nevertheless, Canti acted, as if by instinct. Something told him that this too could work to his advantage. And with a sudden SWOOSH, he was airborne once more, poised over the target area even as Senna and Hacorie's attacks came to be. There was water down there, and this Marionette creature had similar elemental stats to his own. Maybe it WOULD suffer. Besides, Canti had a little theory that maybe mixing his attack with their present water powers would cause a nasty reaction. Of course, it might also hurt him bad too. Oh well. You only live twice, Mr. Bond. The dark Twin Blade dove with great speed, straight down to the back-of-the-head area of the Devil. It was when he was JUST within striking range that he said it.)

Canti: Thunder Dance!

(Oh...let there be blood tonight...)

OOC: Just to clarify, the business with Rayo was a minor collaboration.
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:50 am

The use of Marionette's coin against his Devil was amusing in thought and effective in action. Watching the impact of it send the boss crashing against the wall drew a wicked grin from the face of the Merged, the attack's end bringing him floating back to the ground. He took that time to watch the onslaught of those around him, none of the Freedom Fighters missing a beat. The one thing that did bring a tilt of the creature's head was the sudden explosion of Ani orbs that, when glancing through Zan's memories, were revealed by the Ani Aura - the hacked ability of the player known as Lighteria. It was enough to worry over, of course, if the Merged wasn't...who he was. The heightened potential for pain, even if it was on his end, was more than welcomed. A glance to Senna brought an alien look that read 'impressed', the girl doing marvelously for one who lacked her own Twilight-molded ability. To say she'd be formidable once it showed, if it ever showed, was an understatement. Where the Merged looked at most women as meat and squirming flesh that needed to be stilled and served to sate his lust, she grew a notch higher in that hierarchy. The same applied to her, of course, but she had earned his respect in the simple show of self-defense. He gave her a smile and a nod of his head then, but it held nothing pleasant; a killer's smile before he rapes and slaughters his victims.

But there was no time for that, sadly.

No, the Merged had been stilled for simply far too long. It needed to dish out more, to receive more in turn. While it was appealing to simply walk in front of the Devil waving taunts and soak up any of the beautiful punishment that would certainly follow, there was no way he'd make it that easy. The spilling of his blood would be earned, not given. The Merged was no whore to his desires. Dignity in that thought, he tucked one hand beneath the elbow of the other and tapped bladed-fingers against his chin, ignoring the miscellaneous nicks amidst his ponderings of how to proceed. He wanted the Devil to hurt, and simple attacks wouldn't cover it. Aside from wasting what could be the last charge of his item (if they ran out at all), nothing immediately came to mind. The Merged needed inspiration, needed something horrid to tingle his psycho bits and get the ol' coconut stirring. Where could he draw such wonderful insight from? Who could provide the necessary template? A tug at his mind reminded the Merged of the connection Zan had with Lowen in the real world, the mental connection the Merged still held. What better place to find the grotesque then in the eyes of the one this mind remembered loving? Didn't the two go hand in hand?

--------------------------------

A tug on that mental string and suddenly the Merged could see her, curled and blank on a dirty underground hospital bed, face almost completely devoid of any real emotion. What a delicious husk the people at Wolfsbane had made of her. What a cherished corpse she was undoubtedly on her way to becoming. The thought of her still clenched in pain from the makeshift surgery she had received and the half-wit stitches that prevented her organs from spilling out drew a hungry, lust-ridden growl from deep in his throat, a sound that seemed to stir her from whatever stupor had captivated the girl not moments before. There was no recognition of where he was, not yet, but the narrowing of her eyes as she blinked away the last of her lethargy had the merged itching with anticipation. How would she react? How would the animal that still stirred within her mind act around the superior predator before her? Would she abase herself like a good woman, or would she cry out in fear, in terror? The thoughts along brought another growl from his lips, this one much less friendly; craving blood and darker things. Something in the tone of it shook her completely, nude, meek body coming to sit up against the wall as a dry voice (having been deprived of enough water, it seemed) issued a question.

"C-Conner? Is that you?"

Whatever mental shadow had hidden his projection from her ceased and what she saw, it seemed, wasn't what she had expected.

"W-What happened to you?"

The shaking in her voice only egged the Merged on, his voice dropping to the octave of Zan's own. "'W-What happened to you?' By God, Lowen, could you sound any more pathetic?" He laughed then, voice riddled with dark amusement. "I'm surprised you're still alive. They haven't figured out how completely useless you are yet? Poor bastards..." Another pause. "I mean, really, after a good fuck you're good to be tossed aside. Perhaps that's why you're still alive, mm? The old men deciding who gets the first go?" The tears that began to form were beautiful, so beautiful. Guilt mingled in amongst them, like a whisper of a secret the Merged was all too brilliant to pick up. "Oh, my my. They haven't waited, have they? No reason to keep coming to you anymore." The Merged shook his head. "Soiled goods. You're no use to Zan now." To that, the Merged snarled. Damn it. "Well, shoot. I guess I broke that little masquerade, mm?" The creature laughed harder. "Don't worry, that look of total emotional oblivion on your face is what I came here for anyway."

And he left, ignoring the sobs of shame, of hate that followed him.

--------------------------------

The little trip to a mental wonderland had served its purpose. New drive, new determination for destruction was housed in him then. Increasing his already formidable speed with an Ap Do and physical might with an Ap Corv, the Merged was once again launching himself at the elusive Devil de la Marionette. Rather than face the monster head on as he did before, the Merged chose a different angle, his first blurred launch aiming itself for the flank of his opponent instead. Claws sought to dig into his side and pierce whatever vitals lay beneath before being wrenched free and run down his back in an almost teasing swipe. Whether or not the attack succeeded was no matter to the man, not really. The Merged was playing a game of hide-and-go-seek made hybrid with cat-and-mouse, slipping into the chaos of battle before springing back out at the Devil's other flank and attempting the same attack. Only when he darted back out and (hopefully) away from harm did he proceed with an assault on the Devil's back. Rather than use his hands, however, it was his feet that vaulted through the air in an attempted drop kick with a force behind that (aimed at the boss' spine as it was) would break any normal man. Thing was, this monster wasn't normal, or a man.

That noted, the Merged and his tenacity never ebbed or waned. He was a machine that ran off of blood; the sight of it, the smell of it, the taste of it. Whatever damage would come his way, no matter how crippling, would be accepted with the same joy as any damage he would inflict. Such was his strength and his weakness, a double edged sword that made him as useful as it did useless. Again, though, how others perceived him was of no concern. Hell, as long as they stayed out of his way and didn't make him hurt them (the loyalty he housed was, sadly, like a gaes he couldn't break unless forced due to the twin wolves that had helped him be), they may as well not be there at all. They served as little more than pawns of distraction was far as the Merged cared to think on it. For now, however, they did their job with exceeding efficiency, Hacorie's Flashmail regarded with a mental nod. No reason to waste physical resources swatting flies, especially when they made his opponent that much more dangerous. It added to the thrill as the Merged continued to do his hit and runs, never taking the Devil head-on, perpetually pursuing the dashed attempts at angled destruction until death would claim him, if it would claim him.

If it would have him.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Fuzzhead
Elevated Player

Post by Fuzzhead » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:37 pm

An impressively coordinated attack followed by a furious counterattack left Lighteria in the form of fifty-plus floating darkness orbs, many of which were being destroyed by Phoenix’s… phoenix, Suzaku, who was firing of a wave of fire spells that are elementally opposite to the Rue spells that Senna and Hacorie were currently firing at the Devil’s massive body, a body that had received a ton of damage already, partly thanks to Rayo, but partly again thanks to the combined Rai efforts of Rayo and Canti, a Twinblade with a pair of very vicious Fuse blades that seemed to come from nowhere over and over and over again, tearing apart the Devil with a very fearsome Thunder Dance, which was actually a good deal less effective thanks to Lighteria’s hack, which was floating around in the form of darkness orbs that enhanced said darkness element, but pretty much nerfed the lightning element, leaving the brilliantly synchronized attacks of the Blue Mage and the parenthetically-described Twinblade a good deal less powerful, quite the opposite of the darkness infused axes that the Devil currently wielded, axes that would slice and hack through anything in their way like… well, axes through people that weren’t as big or strong as the wielder, as it were, for typically when a smaller warrior is presented with a larger opponent, and that opponent is wielding large axes that seem light in the larger opponent’s hands, then the smaller warrior is probably doomed to getting sliced in half, Lighteria’s woefully less-than-useless hack notwithstanding, a hack which seemed not to bother Zan aka The Merged, in the slightest, because from the looks of it, this werewolf demon was little more than a psycho bloodthirsty killing machine that decided running in and slashing and biting and generally being a total pain in the Devil’s ass was its knew forte, which in general was good for the Freedom Fighters, because all in all having a super-fast, ultra-angry, really, really, really strong fighter on their side was probably a not quite unsavory thing to have – what was unsavory was the fact that beside either a brilliantly organized attack like Rayo and Canti’s, or the raw killing power of Zan’s Merged form, Silk the Fist Fighter felt little more than useless trying to attack, despite the fact that he possessed some very powerful items, items that he had obtained over long hours of questing and grinding, items that were… RARE… and not the kind of rare that you just get everyday – no, these items were the kind that took people apart, but not like axes; rather than slice apart an enemy, the Boxing Gloves that Silk the Fist Fighter wielded were especially good for pounding opponent’s into a pulp, and he figured that employing them as such pretty soon would do his allies good, although why he would want to risk his life for these people he didn’t even know was beyond him, for he was an extremely vain, self-serving, pompous ass that would as soon look for an exit than help in a noble cause, but he actually knew that the cause for which they fought was his cause as well, so looking for an in fact nonexistent exit would be a useless venture on his part, and if there was one thing that Silk would rather not do, it was partake in useless ventures of this precise nature, although right now it was looking like fighting the Devil was a hopeless task, considering that all these grand attacks and dazzling maneuvers were having a non-measurable effect on the axe-wielding creature, and if this would continue as it were, then all of them would end up dead, and oh fuck it thought Silk, I think I’m going to attack, and so he did: upon the completion of Canti’s Thunder Dance, a dance that was markedly lightning-charged, Silk dashed in and performed the most powerful attack in his arsenal, the Double Mortal Scorcher, an impressive display of fiery prowess that would hopefully assist the Freedom Fighters in their cause – which was hopefully escaping this place – and getting on with this whole thing, because it was taking on the proportions of a dangerous thing – a life-threatening grind, and it was almost as if Silk wanted the Devil to quit dicking around and get to the meat of things, or at least have the good sense and propriety to just roll over and die, especially when all of them were trying so damn hard to take the son of a bitch out, but whatever the case may be, Silk had in fact committed to smashing his white-hot burning fists as hard as he could into the Devil in an attempt to keep the attacks directed towards the creature continuous and unending, much like this one sentence, a sentence that I cheated a few times on because I think everyone agrees: semi-colons and those three dots are actually cheating and I’ve done that about three times now, and in fact this sentence can’t possibly unending, because nothing is unending and I have to end it sometime before I throw up on the keyboard and oh shit I’m getting hungry I better go get something to eat the end.
Level 25 Fist Fighter
Boxing Gloves | Nny Scales | Dice Gloves | Iron Anklet | Time Headband

Skills: Ap Corv, Ap Torv, GiVak Don, Ap Torma, Ap Do, Repth, Kiwami, Double Mortal Scorcher

Wishlist:
1.) Rare Foot Armor
2.) FF Belief
3.) Any stat-altering items

Sekai
Ikkitousen
Class: Archer

Post by Sekai » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:42 pm

When the Blademaster with aqua hair was hit by bright gold attack, vaguely familiar but not quite able to place where she'd seen it before, she could only look on in horror as the attack was finished up by a rather brutal kick to the side sent the man flying into the wall with a sickening crack of impact. Her attention so focused on what had just happened to one of the fighters that she didn't even see the danger she'd brought upon herself until it was a little too late. The rage in the enemy's voice threw her completely off her guard, her body jerking as if she'd been physically struck as she stumbled back and faced the furious and ranting form of the opponent in front of her. Her heart froze, what had she done besides follow in line with the rest of them and attack? Had... had that been the wrong thing to do or was this some kind of scripted dialogue that the rest of them were all used to hearing by this point in time? Was it... no, it couldn't be the same kind of entity and twisted being that she and the others had faced in that awful field she'd been in before... before here.

”You use the power of the Fae against me! There was a reason I sealed them away!”

Black skin turned grayish in hue as she felt herself pale, the Devil could only be speaking of that special attack from the earrings she'd put on and, while she wasn't a gambling type of person, she was more than willing to put a hefty sum from her bank account that whatever was about to happen next was going to hurt and hurt badly. Flight or Fight instincts kicked in, never the one to stand her ground and fight unless she was cornered, Sekai twisted her body sharply to try and start running, to try and escape the wrath of the next blow that would surely fall upon her person before it was too late. Fear threw her mind into overload, panic as she couldn't wrest her feet from the ground or seem to move them even the slightest bit.

Control over her body was lost, her mind reeling from the memories threatening to overtake her, of some foul aftertaste in her mouth, a dry soreness in her throat, the scent of sweat, something she couldn't seem to identify and the pain that wracked her back and hips when she would try and get to the shower to clean herself off from what she'd believed had been the rough night filled with nightmares. Of shadows with their deep, mocking laughter and of eyes that pierced through, darker than any shadow known to mankind and the very color of the void themselves and followed her everywhere. Blood that fell like rain from the skies and the moon and forest that laughed and mocked her from every which way, of dozens, hundreds, thousands of clammy hands slick with blood grabbing at her and trying to pull her down. Trying to dig past the flesh, tearing and ripping it open faster than she could pull away, small hands, large hands, medium hands, fingerless and some with nothing more than large nail-like appendages that threatened to slice completely through her. So caught up in reliving all of the experiences, the nightmares and the reality of two worlds, Sekai failed to notice the shining pattern or the finger directing the attack at her until the crackling of ice snapped her out of it far too late to react.

She suffocated when the first one hit her, a crushing weight in her lungs and blood quickly filling her mouth to be hacked and spat out. Buried alive her mind screamed out at her, she was being buried alive and the earth itself was trying to devour her now; no longer her ally and no longer an element she could reach out and touch. The combination of a baseball bat sized 'arrow' in her chest and the panic in her mind mixing with pain to prevent her from breathing as she choked, desperate for air... at least, desperate until the next one hit her through the stomach. Her skin was being eaten away and every single nerve on her body was in flames, screaming in agony as she tried to vocalize the pain herself and failed. Muscles did as they wished and went numb, unresponsive to the frantic screaming of her inner thoughts and giving out on her in time for her throat to get hit by the final of the three attacks to hit her.

Despite the situation, the ice piercing her throat and in such proximity to her charred skin was almost a relief. Cold stabbed into her her, draining her thought and consciousness until she realized where she was heading and red flashed across her vision two, three times and stopped; sending her into the abyss itself without even looking back as her body hit the floor.

This should teach you to use the powers of the Fae!”

Why were people screaming and what was that god awful shrieking in her ears?

----seizing----try----volts-----clear!

It hurt, a dull, heavy weight striking her chest and dropped from a high place upon her person. She couldn't see, couldn't speak and found herself panicking as she realized that she couldn't even feel her body; just that she was somewhere that was nowhere at the same time. Something feather light and soft tickled her face, sending a jolt of heat and soothing, calm energy through her veins and providing a bit of light before her eyes. Who was calling her name? Where were they? What was running up and down her skin in such a way that made her want to move away from it, an itch she couldn't even move a limb to ease as she swore she heard a voice whispering to her, one she should have recognized, and telling her that she had to go back. Go back where though? Mocking laughter, deep and masculine filled her ears as she felt her body tense, eyes seeing nothing but knowing the way a rabbit senses its in serious danger just what that laugh meant.

He had found her here, in this silent refuge she had found herself in that had nearly caused her to forget that she feared the dark, feared the unknown creeping around where she couldn't see, couldn't defend herself against it and was coming for her.

'No...'

The laughter increased in volume and in number, as if there were multiple versions of the same demon that plagued her mind, refused to let the hold he had over her go, surrounding her from all sides.

'No.'

Nothing could be done, the shadows taunted her, the sound of ringmail clearly ringing out from somewhere behind her and a chuckle too close for comfort sent a jolt through her spine, through the nerves in her legs and spider-webbing out into her body as adrenaline raced and snapped her mind into high gear. She could feel him there, he was right there but, where was he coming at her from?! Her senses heightened, hearing, touch and smell stretching and nearly humming with tension as she strained to find where he was. Not from the left, the right, behind her or ahead of her in this floating emptiness... but where... where was he? The brush of fingertips, cold and scalding hot at the same time teased the back of her neck, the thumb pad stroking her ear lobe as a voice insincere and near oozing poison injected more than just a fair share of mindless terror into her veins spoke right below her, as if she'd been being carried or held the entire time.

“Are you alive?”

'No!'

The scream within shattered the area she was stuck in; the darkness falling away in pieces towards the actual abyss with the maniacal laughter of the one who'd spoken into her ear and into a white space that surrounded her from all sides. Words she couldn't make out were spoken to her, wrapping around her heart like a vice and squeezing until she couldn't breathe; the words unclear but the intention in the tone all too so in her eyes and mind.

He knew where she was.

A series of hacking coughs signaled her awakening, eyes opening as something, she didn't know what it was exactly, literally tossed her body against the far wall and let her crumple to the changed ground with a single hit point left over. As soon as she could manage to breathe again, lying on the floor and gasping for air not her being idea of a good time or being productive, she shakily pushed herself into a sitting position and winced at the pain in her skull and her back. One hand held her head, fingers testing the extent of the damage and felt the growing lump somewhere near the back of her skull. At least it wasn't an open wound, she thought to herself and tried desperately to think on the positive side as she rummaged through her inventory for something that would aid her in being able to heal herself... and hopefully get her back up to par and able to do something to heal the party and be of some kind of use.

'I need something in here, where is it?!'

Hastily gulping down a Mage's Soul and a Hermit's Blood to boost what she needed back into the works, she focused on a softly uttered chant consisting of two words for the spell to heal people back to full health. Seven La Repths went off; blue light swarming those in the party who hadn't managed to get their HP back up and out of the danger zone, the girl stopping only because she'd run out of SP and choked on the next Mage's Soul she swallowed as her eyes finally focused enough to see what rested all around the room. For a moment, she swore her heart failed and she was going to go back into the abyss, back into the realm where nightmares could turn into reality and in this world, where she could feel every little thing done to her. Regardless of her ability to cast magic, to attack from a distance with a weapon that would pierce through her opponent as solidly as a blade could, to hide somewhere and be of particular use in any long ranged fighting; there was the simple fact that when she was up against something as intangible and strangling as the Darkness element, she might as well be bound in chains to the nearest wall and waiting for her demise.

Flashes of fire didn't even bring her out of the wide eyed terror, despite her mind affiliating fire with the mortal enemy of the one who watched and waited for her to drop her guard, and she continued to watch the orbs floating about with their dark violet cores. Frantically scrambling backwards on her hands and heels when some of them floated towards her, she didn't stop until her back hit the wall and at the same time, the familiar ping of an incoming flashmail hit her ears.
Subject: thE gamE
yoU shalL bE thE onE. looK tO thE corneR.
Jerking in surprise, nearly connecting her head with stone behind her again, her hands shifted around as she tore her gaze from the orbs floating around and found what it was the... what was it, an enemy? An ally? She didn't know but, whoever this was that kept contacting her, they wanted her to see what was in the corner. Blinking, some of her terror subsiding a little as she noticed the small, unremarkable looking chest that they'd all somehow not seen in the room ever since the battle had started. Remembering the last time she'd been presented with an inanimate object of unfamiliar origins and the end result of that, her hands shook as she carefully opened the lid of the chest and shut her eyes tightly. Her shoulders hunched up as she braced for the explosion that would send her back into darkness and into the grips of another nightmare that she knew she'd never be able to defeat.

Little one, if you keep thinking about that nasty son of a bitch, I swear I'm going to burn it out of your memory regardless of the damn consequences that it may have!

Wincing at the venomous tone to the threat in the AI's voice as Kira snarled in her mind, Sekai opened one eye and looked into the empty and, thankfully, explosive free inside of the odd item. Frowning as the curious side of her began to peek its head out from where it had been hiding, she reached into the chest and picked up the surprisingly heavy stone tablet that rested inside. What on earth was this thing, she wondered to herself and felt her brow furrow at the sight of what looked like nothing but jibberish... or one of those odd word scrambles she saw Mika doing every so often when there was nothing else to do. A sinking feeling in her chest rose up as she bit her lip and looked from the chest to the tablet and listened to the sounds of fighting in the background. She needed to show this to someone, to the whole group but... what should she do right at that moment? The clue said, and without the odd capitalizations at the end that irritated Kira to no end, though Sekai had no idea why the AI got so worked up over something so... odd, 'looking through it all'.

A flashmail would have to do, she decided to herself for the moment, that way people were aware of the fact that she'd found something and at the same time could concentrate on defeating the... um, what the hell had happened to the boss? Her eyes widened at the nasty looking thing with wire on his person and shuddered, shrinking back a little into the corner she'd found the chest in and counted to fifteen in english and in her own language to make sure she could keep her head for a little while longer.
To: All Freedom Fighters
Message: There's something I've just found that you all need to see after the battle is over... unless someone can be spared to come back here and look at it in my place. I can try and take their place in battle but, I can't guarantee that I can be of much help in this situation. I'm sorry.
Swallowing hard and nearly letting off a scream as one of the orbs damn near brushed against her, the pale Archer twisted away from the vile thing and was about to move further away from the corner, tablet in hand thank you very much, when another bit of mail chimed into her mailbox and had her pausing.

Sekai! Get a team in order, I'm stuck at Theta: Hidden Vindictive Fallen Angel. You got to be strong; I've been caught by Hri—
Her grip on the tablet tightened, her knees giving out from beneath her as she realized the implication behind the message. She could feel the sounds of battle fading, quieting down as if it were being held somewhere farther from where she was at the moment, a sinking feeling in her chest as she felt her legs hit the floor jarringly and she let the tablet rest in her lap.

Things couldn't possibly get any worse or more complicated than they were at that exact moment.

((OOC: x.x; I will never do a two week missing of the post again, at least I'm caught up now.))

Name: Sekai
Level: 54
EXP: 0000/1000
Class: Archer
Clan: Army of Darkness
HP: 835
SP: 347

Currently Equipped:

Einherjar: Kira, December, Zorya

Head: Bat Earrings (Ola Repth 40, Rip Maen 40)
Body: Saint Cross (Rue Zot 10, RaJuk Zot 30)
Arm: Protect Ring (Ap Vorma 15, MeJuk Kruz 20)
Leg: Ninja Anklet (BiVak Rom 20, GiGan Zot 30)
Add-Ons: Forestlore, Wood Magic (permanently raised Wood Offense/Defense by +3 total)

Wishlist: Levels, Summon: Wood, Archer Weapons, Light Armor

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:17 am

From a perspective high, high above the battlefield, the state of the fight was in a sort of eerie beauty. At least, for one such as Nighthand, had he been there. Those steeped in Darkness, in the power of Ani, would look upon the battle as a sort of holy ground. Not the typical dark worship, there would be no goat sacrifice or blood contracts here. This would be pleasing to any who worshiped the power of darkness itself, not the creatures supposedly masters of its nature. One such as Nighthand would revel in the presence of the element, beyond such superstitions as that of the presence of Satan with them all, pushing them towards their fall. The presence of one named simply “Devil” was indicative of exactly that; some deeply powerful devil wouldn’t be so base as to fight in this manner, nor so weak as to be losing. No, Nighthand, and others like him, knew the one simple truth about with revelry in Darkness; there is but one power, and that is Wryneck himself. The Dark God had his hand in everything touched by Darkness in The World, but his own agenda was so subtle and long-term that none save himself could know it. This battle, perhaps, fell into that plan… or perhaps it meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. Only the Elemental Gods themselves would know.

High above the battlefield, a pair of eyes did indeed look down upon them all. They belonged, not to Nighthand, but perhaps to another like him. These eyes were different, though, their accompanying mind not steeped only in Darkness, but knowledgeable in the power of all six of the elements. To him, this deeply dark battlefield was a mural of the power of one element’s dominance, temporary, passing, outweighed by the others in concert. Still, there was a certain beauty to the dominance of the one… an ever-changing sea of Darkness, constellations of small purple orbs floating around, pulsing with a subtle radiance that it took a special kind of person to appreciate. So it was, that this pair of eyes watched the battle; appreciative of each motion in the delicate dance that seemed so far away, not rooting for one winner or another. Simply… observing.

On a somewhat more earthly vantage point, the battle was less like a dance, and more like a raging storm of elemental energies and physical blows. Almost as if in time, in sync with each other, several of the fighters came together in their own attacks. A few heals and a few buffs were delivered, and the next round of the fight began. Hacorie, by dint of being closest, was the first to strike. Rue Zot struck the Devil with a rising pillar of Ice. It wasn’t a powerful enough spell to launch the boss into the air, but it was equally effective in its own way; the ice rose up around the humanoid and froze in place, dealing its damage and effectively holding the devil in place. At least, holding him for as long as he desired to let it; the grip of a level one spell was far too weak to truly capture his movements for more than a fraction. Still, it was a prelude of things to come. MeRue Rom, a tornado of frigid ice and water, chilled the immediate area a second later. Senna’s own Rue Rom, a lesser version of the same frigid spell, was added to the tornado; effectively prolonging the larger of the two, though the added force was little more than the two spells separately would have been.

The force of the icy tornado was made all the more contrasting with the ambient temperature for those nearby, as at the same moment Suzaku began a similar tornado, save this one of fire. The rage of Vak and Rue in so close a proximity threw air currents around the room, as rapidly heated and chilled air circulated and tried to find equilibrium. The Phoenix continued to attack the orbs, rather than the boss himself. Quickly it would become apparent that the orbs were too spread out to make spells effective, so Suzaku would opt to strike with talons rather than magic. The orbs certainly didn’t have the HP to make them hard to kill, though each impact dealt a small shock, a small burst of damage. Nothing a simple Repth wouldn’t cure, but the contact-shock would get annoying if left unchecked.

Orbs that approached too near to the boss were destroyed in the tornado of water, their fragile HP and their weak little lights going dull. They floated around listlessly, no will commanding them to move, no energy being released from their ghostly forms. This, of course, was of little consequence to the Devil. He had noted the slight increase in power that the orbs delivered, but it was too little to make all that much of a difference. His power was so much greater than that of the group that the buff was minimal. It was the assault of the other characters that he had to deal with, preferably with much more finality than the previous skirmish had resulted in. The trouble lay in the group’s inventory; resurrects were plentiful, and made the eradication of the group that much harder.

Hacorie emerged from the tornado of water and ice as it as dying down, a powerful overhead strike from his water-element katana delivered to the shoulder of the Devil. The downfall of the powerful Axes he had summoned was, they were heavier and slower to move. As little physics as The World followed, inertia still applied, at least to some extent. Unlike the swiftness of a sword, the axes were designed for offense rather than defense. So, Devil was struck by the katana, the blade biting through a plasticy flesh. Steel slid from flesh as Hac landed and prepared for another strike, the wound sealing up in a small line of purple. Damage was done, but it wasn’t weakening to the physical form of the boss at all.

Phoenix then chose to use the final charge on the ring he held, the small piece of jewelry losing all of its potency. Hopefully that decision wouldn’t come back to haunt them all; the desire to do damage outpacing the desire to save, the instinct in most gamers to save their consumables until the very end, in case they were needed in something far more challenging than the encounter they now faced. Of course, such an attitude usually resulted in the utter waste of said consumables, their protracted saving causing them to fall unused by the end. There was no count to the number of potions rotting in the bag by the end of the quest, the hero having saved the day and finding no further use for them. Oddly, the stunning effect that the blademaster was going for was absent. There could only be one reason, one change since the last time the item was used. The Darkness Axes, the special items that Devil had conjured, had some kind of added protection against the power of the light. Of course, that didn’t stop the sheer pain that no doubt followed the attack, should the Devil feel any sort of pain in his not-quite-real body. The damage was done, if not the stunning effect that was so helpful in the past.

Largely ignoring the sword so recently in his shoulder, Devil raised back both arms to deliver unto Hacorie the same death that would have been Lighteria’s, had the twinblade not used his odd power as some sort of escape. Before the dual blades could land, however, Phoenix was there. An earth-based attack was aimed, not for the boss himself, but for the weapons he held. The blademaster couldn’t hope to break his grip, wires as they were to his body, but he could and did manage to divert the course of the heavy dark-and-steel blades. Only the sheer force of the attack jarring at the boss dealt any damage, and that itself negligible, it still had its intended effect. Hacorie was spared a brutal death, and the defense was once again opened up for attack. Attack that Senna so willingly was about to supply. Three, two, one, and there; she was close enough for her skill to be in range. Rue Doom, one of the signature skills of a Long Arm, drew her body into a sort of dance of spear-swirled damage.

Only a second later, as if the assault had all been pre-planned, Canti swooped in again from the air. This time, the Devil had less of a chance to grab him from the air, the axes hindering any sort of snatch and toss maneuver such as had been performed last time. The thunder-based blades once more found home in flesh-that-wasn’t-flesh, tearing jagged holes that took somewhat longer to heal than the purely physical attack that the heavyblade had delivered, though the latter had been much deeper. The thunder of the skill seemed to leave the wound gaping, gasping for the fresh air filled with darkness that it needed to heal. Such wasn’t exactly the case, but it was a suitable analogy. Devil writhed, the combined several attacks and the thwarting of each of his counters leaving him more than irritated, more than aggravated, closed to truly angry. Borrowing from a movie, of course, they wouldn’t like him when he was angry.

One by one the players delivered their attacks and stepped back for a moment, their minds reflexively trained to hit and run. It was inevitable in a battle like this that the boss should step in now, to deliver a quick and punishing death to all who had dealt him damage. Of course, that was based entirely on the past, and the past wasn’t necessarily a predictor of the future. For a moment, the Devil stood, expecting more attacks. He wasn’t quite prepared for his own assault just yet. The attacks that he expected came, just as he knew they would. The Merged, so far the strongest opponent thus far, took this opening for his own. Claws and teeth, fists and feet, every single weapon that was at his disposal was used on the Devil. The black flesh of the Devil was rent in countless small wounds, cuts turning into small purple lines as the flesh refused to keep its damaged state.

It was only once Silk, the lone fist fighter amongst them, joined the fray that the Devil decided to counterattack. The Double Mortal Scorcher, one of the various fire-based attacks that he had at his disposal struck with little effect. The fire dissipated, and though the punches left their marks, it seemed that blades would always be more effective than fists. Devil, of course, had his own retaliation. Never mind how many others had dealt more damage than the fist fighter; he was closest. The Merged continued to tear away at the back of the boss, but he was ignored for the moment. Let him wear himself out. Devil found the small scratches to be less painful than the direct assault would have prior to the summoning of the Axes. They didn’t give him a regenerative quality, but they did seem to increase certain defenses.

Raising his axes into the air above his head, Devil brought them crashing down on either side of him. Both Silk and The Merged jumped back, to avoid being crushed under one or the other, but that wasn’t far enough. Beams of blackness, the same dark energy that had shattered Lighteria’s body into its fragments formed into columns, blasted the pair into opposite walls. Silk was worse off than the lycanthropic beast, and had a great deal more common sense. The fist fighter stayed where he was; not dead, but nearly, and embedded in a Silk-shaped hole in the wall. The Merged immediately crawled from the rubble and rushed for the boss once more.

Devil, fully expecting such an assault, let him come. When he drew in close, his battle instincts kicked in; something wasn’t right. No one stood calmly in front of the rush of a beast their own size. Dodging to the right, The Merged attempted to avoid whatever it was that Devil had in store for him, but it wasn’t far enough. A great sweeping blow caught him in the side and sent him once more crashing into a wall, the equivalent of a massive backhand delivered with the flat of one axe.

While the werewolf once more extricated himself from the wall, Devil turned his attention to the others nearby. Phoenix had been a thorn in his side for far too long, but the powers of his Fae item had been exhausted. Devil could sense their presence around him, and had sensed when that one had burned out. What use the diamond ring would be now, he couldn’t say, nor could anyone save perhaps the fae themselves, but they were gone. Phoenix, however, was set in the sights of the Devil’s next attack, and avoiding it would be hard at best.

Opting for regular attacks rather than some flashy over the top skill, Devil took a few steps swinging. Phoenix knew better than to attempt to block, his sword being far too small to stop the power of those vicious swings. Instead he dodged, trying his best to avoid the clumsy swings. He did so, for a moment, but the axes proved too fast for him. Despite their bulk, Devil handled them with a cunning brought on by long experience. He knew how heavy they were, and just how they would react, and knew to use that force to his advantage. Phoenix was caught squarely by the fall of one axe, the blow easily severing the man in half and driving the blade several inches into the ground.

Wrenching the blade from the ground, Devil spun in time to meet the next wave from The Merged, who had leaped into the air to land on the prone form while his weapon was embedded in the floor. Again with the flat of the blade, the werewolf was sent flying in an arc, some kind of fleshy-yet-sharp ball bouncing across a floor not really there. Another few second of time bought, Devil turned to Hacorie and Senna, the pair preparing another of the combined assaults the group had seemed so good at recently. The same attack that had destroyed Lighteria, the twin axes brought down to create a dome of darkness, landed in between the pair of them. It wasn’t enough direct damage to kill them both instantly, but it flung them in opposite directions, their respective impacts ghosting their forms.

Finally, it was time to deal with the werewolf that was continually frenzied into attacking. Devil turned to watch The Merged approach once more, this time with more than distraction in mind. Crossing his arms in front of him, the axes touching shaft to shaft, the odd tentacle swooped forwards. As it had to the projectile attack before, it lit its target on fire, the axes being coated with flames. The flames quickly spread, until they coated the entire form of the Devil. They were damaging, sure, and cast off enough heat to make approach hard, but they wouldn’t last. Unlike other fire-based monsters, this one had nothing to burn, the fuel purely magical. Magic that would run out, sooner or later. In this case, it served to add extra damage, while giving the Devil one important feature; an enhanced speed. A sort of fire-based Ap Do, if you will. As The Merged approached, Devil seemed to lose his color for a moment… and then the werewolf realized. The target he approached dissipated, being no more than an afterimage left in fire. A second of warning was all he had, the blast of heat appearing behind him, before the twin axes hammering one by one into the wolf. Driven to the ground, the blades cracked the floor, letting the blood of the lycanthrope seep into the stone as limbs were severed. After all, how could the frenzied beast hope to continue forever against an axe-wielding foe, when those very axes could sever the trunks of trees larger around than the beast they now split.

The fire was gone by now, and after another couple of slams, the Devil straightened. The damage was done, and while the intelligent thing would be to finish off the rest of the group, now wasn’t the time. After all, he still had more in store for them; what fun was it if they couldn’t push him to the maximum?

-----------------ooc:
Lighteria – 31 Orbs remaining. The aura is at half the effect it was before, and the orbs are so spread out even a level 2-3 rom spell would have a tough time hitting more than one. Physical attacks would be the easiest way to remove the rest.

Devil HP 980, Deks worn off.

Also, Silk: I suggest you do a few things. First, at least TRY to post readable posts. If more of these show up, I'll be forced to simply ignore them. Experimentation or not, boredom or not, there are simple rules you should follow.

Which reminds me, a number of you have a rule or two you're not following; namely that of signatures. Please add them. They should have at the least a link to your Main profile and your wishlist, if not more (like equipment, etc). Silk, you're a step behind them even; I can't seem to find a profile on Main for you. Without looking you up on subs, which I don't feel the need to do, I don't even know what level you are, let alone your equipment.

These are things you people should have done the day you were accepted... get them done ASAP please.

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:21 pm

Canti’s plan seemed to meet with success, but the twin blade was the only one to participate in it. Perhaps in part due to Lighteria’s unexpected explosion of darkness. Zhao had remained on the defensive, Phoenix busied himself doing his own thing, and Senna was given equal choices of water and thunder to choose between. Suffice to say, their cooperative planning needed some work.

The Devil on the other hand didn’t have the option, working solely on his own against them. Relying on their combat reflexes, the team seemed to continue avoiding instant death for a while. Either because the Devil was getting used to his axes again or simply because their patterns were becoming predictable, the freedom fighters were tossed here and there like rag dolls. Silk and Zan were in bad shape, while Hacorie, Senna, and Phoenix weren’t even alive anymore. Wait, no…Zan was a ghost now too. The heavy blade had been bad off even before getting up for a final time.

With a sigh, the wave master tugged a pair of Mage’s Souls loose from his beneath his cloak, taking in each one in a quick succession. Despite the increases in offense, defense, and even speed on the behalf of Marionette’s Devil, it’s ability to destroy was only equal to the wizard’s capacity to rejuvenate. In that regard, Auth wasn’t being forced to worry yet. The recently deceased pair of heavy blades, long arm, and blade master all needed to be revived, while the fist fighter was in need of recovery, simple enough.

“Rip Maen, Rip Maen, Rip Maen, Rip Maen, Ol Repth!”

After negating the enemy’s progress, the sorcerer pondered which enchantments to put into play. Canti was certainly having luck his thunder combos, but the Dek Raio from before had worn off, and the ever present orbs littering the room denied the full presence of Lanceor’s will. Yet, it would be a let down to see the twin blade’s moves fail to continue. Thunder was a definite weakness here, an advantage that shouldn’t be ignored.

“Dek Raio! ”

Rayo had considered boosting either Canti’s physical attack or speed stats, but it was all too likely that the Devil would flex a muscle and let an axe finish off the speedster despite those being in place. Instead, the wave master was much more interested in holding the creature down from doing too much. What had become evident was that the Devil was quite vulnerable to being slowed down. Perhaps less so now, with the flames allowing for the possibility for increased movement, but spells had worked best so far as stalling attacks. With that in mind, the lightning mage simply pointed his finger at the Devil and began declaring ‘Rai Kruz,’ time after time. His SP reserves would allow for about seven to eight castings before significant delays would occur between salvos. The spell in mind would take advantage of his own Ap Raio, the Dek Raio on the target, and the inherent vulnerability to the element the monster already possessed. Additionally, the nature of the technique allowed for a slight amount of homing in, making it a better choice against the monster that might start dodging around instead of being a sturdy punching bag. Unfortunately, such a choice of tactics would undoubtedly draw the Devil towards the wavemaster like earlier. His own natural faults wouldn’t allow much success against the crushing axe blows or the darkness magic the boss was so fond of. His own survival lay in the continued barrage of attacks that could only be achieved by a sizeable number of players forcing it to swat closer targets while they maintained their own offensives.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Senna
Awakened Player

Post by Senna » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:39 pm

They’d struck, and at first, it seemed like things might not be totally disastrous, aided in large part by the timely arrival of Canti who unleashed some more lightning-based damage on their opponent. It seemed that not using lightning had done little to keep their attacks from damaging the orbs that floated around the room, however – Rue Rom was just as good at decimating them as anything else. That was… unfortunate. She certainly hoped that didn’t signify something foul for the Twin Blade. The way things tended to go around here though…

She meant to put into use her normal post-attack strategy into place, that being get-the-heck-out-of-there, but she was stopped by something far less corporeal than those impediments which usually stopped a retreat. There was just so much going on, all of a sudden, a flurry of wild activity, fire here, the form of Zan moving in on the Devil over there, and generally no safe avenue through which to leave the devil’s immediate area. And barring that, what was the next best thing?

Continuing the assault. Pinning it down.

A good plan, and one that she would have been following, if not for the break in the action and the not unexpected retaliation that the devil made. Damage and death followed for all those unfortunate enough to still be within its range. That included Senna and Hac, between whom one attack landed. A blast of dark damage overwhelmed her, swift enough that she didn’t even have time to get her hands up protectively in front of her face. It was cold – not cold like water attacks, but cold in its own way, empty and slick-feeling. The rush of it was all around, and powerful enough that at first, she didn’t even realize she was moving, again propelled away from the Devil through its actions instead of her own. It wasn’t enough on its own – the wall and the sudden stop that wall provided dealt the last bit of damage – but everything happened so fast, she didn’t have time mentally to separate the two. She hit the wall and the sounds of the room receded, as though she’d plunged underwater instead of smacking against stone. It all slurred and swirled, and when she opened her eyes next, things were decidedly… odd.

At first, she thought it was the negative room again, but the colors weren’t reversed. They were just darker, as though every light source had dropped to half levels and most of the color had been replaced with grayscale. She just sat there, looking around for a moment, not moving. There was also another difference – an utter lack of anyone else. The rest of the Freedom Fighters seemed to have faded away with the sounds of battle, leaving the room eerily empty and echoing with indeterminate sounds. What…

And then the sounds began to swell again, sharpening, clarifying, and the light returned. A moment later, and she was back, health at full, SP at nothing, staring at the carnage that was this battle. There was a Flashmail waiting – from Sekai, and containing interesting information, though something that for the moment had to be ignored. Another question, perhaps more immediate, was what on earth would make the archer think she wouldn’t be an incredible asset to the team’s offensive, especially after that multi-element assault she’d let off in the negative room. Ah well, Senna was no psychiatrist and wasn’t about to try to work it out here.

Which left her with the question of what now. The flinging the Devil had been kind enough to provide her with had left her separated from the rest of the group by a decent space. Little dark orbs floated here and there like oversized dust motes. She racked her brain. There had to be something.

There had been something.

Remembering back, she thought of how the Devil had looked as she’d gone toward it, following Hac’s request/suggestion. There had been a spell Hac had cast, Rue Zot. It had slowed the devil down – not long, barely a second, but it was something. Across the room, someone was already unleashing lightning damage in their enemy’s direction – Rayo, it seemed, which should not have come as a surprise by this point in her association with the Freedom Fighters.

Back in her own mind, Senna came to a conclusion about her next move, which was… to mark time. Quickly she downed a Mage Soul and then focused on the Devil. “Dek Ruem. Rue Zot.” She had no real hope that her spell would act as Hac’s had, but in case it did, she was ready to keep flinging Rue Zots at the thing until she ran out of SP or a better plan presented itself. If it could be slowed down even marginally for the attacks of the others to land, that seemed worthwhile.
Senna, level 33 Long Arm (710 HP/180 SP)
Most common kit: Ichigou, Racoon Earcaps, Air Bracer, Snow Panther, Winter Coat, Graceful Book
Spells/Skills: (Critical Hit/Death) Repulse Cage, Ap Corv, Ap Vorv, Rai Rom, Rue Zot, La Repth
Click for full equipment and items
14300 (1/23)

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:20 am

Phoenix was quite amazed at himself for surviving for this long in a boss fight which his life ended rather abruptly by being split into two by a giant axe of darkness. For some reason, there were not huge amounts of blood being gushed out rapidly or any blood for that matter. It was more cartoon-like than real in being split into two but at least he was not cut into pieces like Zan was. The blademaster got a quick death compared to the others but he and the others were not dead for long as Rayo resurrected them.

Phoenix noticed that Suzaku was still destroying the orbs which about half of them were gone. Due to the orbs being spread out throughout the entire room, she cannot destroy them more efficiently with the BiVak Rom spell. So the guardian has to destroy them one by one which they inflict damage due to the dark charge. The blademaster used a Health Drink on the bird while he used a Mage Soul on himself.

Now for the next move, Phoenix looked at the others as Rayo used his lightning while Senna used ice attacks on the Marionette Devil. For Phoenix, relying on pure magic was not one of his strong suits as his lightning spell was quite weak and his only weapon based ice attack was contained his weakest sword along with a level one ice spell. He had no way to make the Devil weaker to earth attacks while it had very strong defense against fire and darkness which was Phoenix’s strong suits at the current moment.

The blademaster decided to go with his previous plan in trying to take away the Devil’s axes but without the help of the power of the fae. From being split into two, Phoenix knew from experience that the Devil can control the axes very well despite the bulkiness of them. He rather not moved into close range of the Devil from previous experience so he decided to use the Wind Blade.

Before attacking the Marionette Devil, he drank another Mage Soul to get to maximum SP. Using Senna’s Rue Zot as a distraction; he targeted the Marionette Devil’s arms with the Wind Blade. The blade was a vertical slash which went towards the Devil’s elbows. After the first one, Phoenix continued to attack the Devil with the Wind Blade as he targeted the axes this time. With a third blade, he swung at the Devil’s midsection before firing two more Wind Blades at the Devil’s arms for extra measure.

Phoenix was a bit tired from firing near consecutive Wind Blades and nearly depleted his SP bar in the process. He was not sure if the strikes would have the same power depending on the swing or even the sword itself. For whatever reason, he did not test this concept which he should probably do once they get back to the hideout and that’s if they survive this battle first. Even when the battle is over, there’s still the matter with Sekai’s flashmail. For now, the blademaster pulls out another Mage’s Soul and drinks it just in case if the Devil has another form like Primal did.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:55 am

Where most would have been angry, screaming, or at the very least annoyed at being completely dismembered by a pair of axes wielded by a crazed monster, the Merged found himself grinning up until the very last second. The only thing to cease his amusement, his display of enjoyment was when the axes cleaved everything from the upper jaw and up and left him little more than a massacred torso with his lower jaw and a dog-like tongue. The Merged had begun laughing, ghosted as he was, in all of the joy of the moment until something actually felt...wrong. It was hard to bring about that sensation in him, the ping of knowledge that something about the mind or body was off. For a guy who enjoyed having his limbs contorted and broken in every which angle, to get him to admit (if only mentally) that something unpleasant was going on inside of him was rare to say the least. It was undeniable, however, and he could do little but plop back like the phantasmal dead weight he was. Though he would have never considered his ghost form to have strength of any sort, he felt it drain out of him in a heartbeat, something about the way he had been dispatched and death in general seeming to disagree with the bond between Zan and Nulus. The bond itself had been weakly patched, the Merged had known, but...to be dismissed so easily was enraging.

He couldn't do much more than snarl before his vocal cords were no longer his own and the image of the Merged began to change. Two forms, that of the Shade and Zan, began to peel away in blurring seizures, green and black code holding them together like a digital form of Siamese twins. Through the speedy convulsions, it was hard to tell that it was them at all. Only when the code snapped and the two lay in a rapidly dissipating pool of ones and zeroes, letters and glyphs of ink and emerald would their true designations be seen. Zan was the first to stir, hand coming up to press against his forehead. The separation, as he knew it had been, was a different experience than what he had dealt with back in the training simulator. This one had been forced, unwilling by the Merged, and for a few seconds afterward the Heavy Blade felt like he was being pulled it every direction. It was like being a movie star in a crowd of your most crazed, wanton stalkers that all wanted you for themselves. There was a greed to the pull, a hunger that the lycanthrope would have been a fool not to be scared of. It had intelligence, a purpose, and...a power. Though Zan wouldn't realize it then, and wouldn't until later, the presence was twin fold. Not the crowd of fans he had envisioned, but two rather selfish entities fighting for ownership of his fluxed code. A glance down (Nulus doing the same as he came to) revealed the both of them riddled with static and glitching pixels.

It looked too close to deletion, felt too close. Though Zan had, luckily, never been put in such a position, he was sure it felt like he did now. Space and time lost their meaning, vertigo ruled and disorientation sung its song. Just as soon as it had started, however, normality awoke from its slumber and took control with the help of Rayo's Rip Maen. To say the two intelligences he had felt 'fled' from him then would have been an overstatement. They were too large, too...more...to flee from someone like him. They saw their opening close and had simply chosen another avenue. Zan was too used to The World at this point to think it a coincidence, to think it an after-effect of death as the Merged. Just the same, though, there was no time to mull it over. Everything the Merged had done had him them like a tidal wave until the two were left with drastically different expressions on their faces. The Heavy Blade's held horror at what had been done to Lowen (his only relief being that the Merged had accidentally shown itself to be something other than Zan through a trip of the tongue) while the Shade's held a beaming pride. Sure, you couldn't actually see Nulus' face beneath the bulking drape of his dark green hood, but Zan could feel it through their link.

Nulus looked to the Merged now without the fear of its return as he had before (thinking the Merged could hold them forever if it so chose as one person), but as a brother. The fact that Zan was sick with the memories only made him more gleeful, so happy. Though the lycanthrope knew he had much to say to Lowen, it would have to wait until they were back at the Hideout again and he had the proper focus to grovel and take her tears away. Now? Well, now he felt obligated to make it up to his companions, to his fellow Freedom Fighters. Zan felt as if he needed to give back for making them endure even being near something like the Merged, something as...undone. The Lycan's usual tendency to act off of the group, but not with them, faded then. Though his SP was drained, a quick downing of a Mage's Soul and a few seconds of waiting had his bar full once more. It was time to help the group as a whole. The most he could do was buffs and debuffs at this point, before his assault anyway, but it would have to do. Rayo was the first that was turned to, wanting whatever attacks he'd toss the Devil's way to be covered and amplified. If there was anyone that could lay a real magical smackdown in their group right them, it was Rayo.

"Ap Ruem! Ap Vakz! Ap Juka! Ap Ganz! Ap Corma! Rig Gaem!" The flurry of buffs had some pause in-between, the proper equipment needed to be swapped a flipped around, but they all went to the Mage. To Phoenix (Canti already seeming to be under the affects of the spell), Hacorie and Senna, Zan offered something else. "Ap Do! Ap Do! Ap Do!" The lycanthrope waited, careful to avoid the Devil in process. When his SP climbed to thirty (not too long a wait from twenty), he gave himself something in turn. "Ap Corv! Ap Torv!"

With his physical attack and accuracy now amplified, it was time to act as the tank his class asked him to be. While the hit and run tactics of the Merged had been decently executed, it hadn't really served as a proper distraction. It was time to go head to head again, even if it meant a second death. Did he go Garou? Was it time for that? Sure, that form wasn't much stronger than the Merged, but it would still be something against their foe. That noted, Zan wanted to wait until the next form he was almost positive was coming. Then he'd pull that card. The thought of the Merged in its version of the Garou was intoxicating enough to think on bonding with Nulus again, but something in Zan told him it wasn't even remotely a possibility at that point in time. The unconscious urge to become a single entity had been sated and what was usually a vise had become a stretched rubber band, pulled from them. It would snap back eventually, but now? Well, now Zan and Nulus needed to get to work. Their usual pincer attack wasn't going to be called for. Oh no, they were going to do something that required both courage and a hefty weight of stupidity. Though the lycanthrope knew his strength in human form was akin to a weightlifter (thanks to his Twilight), it held nothing in comparison to the might of the Merged. It wasn't physical might, however, that was focused as the pair rushed head-on against the Devil once more.

Pulling out his High Forger, every piece of current armor properly slid back into place, Zan charged with Nulus with a notable edge of aggression. With the lycanthrope's physical prowess, the blade was swung with the ease of a Blademaster, body moving with an alertness and a cunning that spoke volumes about his need to prove himself to the group once more. He felt sick with the Merged's echoes. He needed vindication. Such was sought with each attempted parry against the right axe (the Devil's left) while Nulus used his claws to work against the left. Their link allowed them to flow like water, never getting in each other's way. They worked not only to hopefully keep the Devil on its toes, but to damage it in turn. Any chance Zan saw to strike, any vulnerability, was taken with an attempted lunge at flesh with both spell-amplified strength and accuracy ideally giving him an edge. The wounds he sought to make were not small, were not the claws that Nulus worked to (or so he tried) cut vital muscle and make the arm the Shade fought against useless, but deep skewering presses that hungered for slabs of flesh and gallons of blood to feed Zan's need for absolution. The two worked as a functioning unit, just as apt and eager to focus on their job as they were to quickly help the other should it be needed. They worked as two people with minds close enough to be one, Zan's cries and inhuman roars both fearsome and desperate (despite the expanding of his senses to stay alert of attack, of damage) while Nulus' silence and flashing blade-claws hung like the proverbial breath on the back of your neck before the (hopeful) kill.

The two sought to end this form as the Merged had the last...but with one different. The wanted to do it not as a pair, but as a party, as every last member of the Freedom Fighters. Through the buffs given before by Zan, they sought to bring him down so all could bathe in the glory, so that all of them...would forgive.

God help him, Zan wanted to be forgiven.
Last edited by Zan on Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:33 am

Darkness engulfed the Heavy Blade’s peripheral vision as the noticeably large axes came right beside him as his body was sent flying toward the wall. Slowly the room became dark as the air from the character’s lungs quickly released itself. As the limp body fell to the ground, a noticeably large indentation in the wall could be seen from all around. The power of the axes added to impact of the wall ended up being too much for the character to handle. Feeling the last bit of life escape him, the white beads which kept his sword and hands connected began to slowly fade from their original exuberant and vivid luminosity.

However, before a ghost could even form, the acting ‘White Mage’(xD) of the party sent the resurrection spell toward the downed Heavy Blade. With light returning to his vision, the Heavy Blade felt a warmth of power begin to surge back through his body. He felt the coldness of his blade slowly begin to send shivers back up his newly healed spine. The beads, which had almost became completely dull, roared with intensity once more. With a slow sigh, Hacorie’s focus turned downed toward the said beads which were wrapped around his hands. Hacorie slowly realized what had to be done to defeat the boss; it was time to release his power in which he had been covering for some time.

Quickly he flicked his wrist to release the hold of the beads. While the bracelet spun around violently, Hacorie’s now free hand slid back to his pouch. Closing his eyes, he pulled out two vials of a thick blue liquid. The Heavy Blade then used his thumb to pop the corks off the miniature bottles while tilting his head upward. The liquid slowly began to drain from the bottles like syrup being poured on pancakes at I-HOP. Since his SP was once again full, a grim smirk crossed the face of Hacorie as he opened his eyes hastily.

About this same time, a green glyph appeared under the cloaked feet of the player. A shot of light emerged from the illuminating glyph as Hac’s heart began to pump, faster and faster. As fast as his heart quickened, he realized his breathing had also sped up. Knowing the effects of this buff, Hacorie crunched his fists together, one of which was free and the other which had the hilt of his sword as well as the stringed pearls. What a dilemma. If I use this summon now, this spell will go to waste because my attack power will go down drastically, but if I just leave my power hidden, it may.....it may end up causing even more pain to our group. What do I do? PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

While trying to reach a decision, the pearls clenched inside his tightly closed fist began to pulsate. Faster and faster the beads became, as Hac turned his undivided attention their way. His eyes began to widen as he unwillingly dropped his sword to the ground. The beads violently began to pry themselves out of his hand as one by one the spheres reached the ‘unsweatified’ regions of the room once again. Once the last pearl freed itself from Hac’s clutches, the bracelet flew straight up into the air where it illuminated a bright white color which seemed to blind those who stared directly into it. When the shining force cleared, the pearls were gone.

No...I did not want this...I did not ask for it to be unleashed....I...I...still cannot fully control it.

Do not worry Hacorie. I could not just stand around watching the battle anymore without helping. I had to forcefully release myself. You were taking too long to make a decision. This could lead to the death of those around you. You have to learn how to deal with situations like these. Remember, your attack power may have decreased, but you can still fight with me out. Let us help these people out.

All right...I will go in and help distract it. While this is going on, use your speed to circle around the devil....wait....where are you anyways?

Without an answer coming into his mind, Hac heard the sound of wings begin to form behind him. Knowing his summon was now out in the open, he did what he said he would do. Picking up his sword in both hands, the Heavy Blade started to rush into the battle, but quickly stopped as the gigantic owl flew in front of him. Shaking its head back and forth, it shot a glance at the Oceanic Aura. Use magic... Though quite mad at the words of the bird, Hacorie thought back to earlier in the match. The MeRue Zot stopped the monster in its tracks for a time.

“MeRue Zot!”

As the large glyph reached the feet of the monster, the ground began to shake a bit. Shards of ice quickly shot up from the ground in all direction, mostly slanting toward the intended target of the Marionette Devil. Using this opportunity, the summon began to work its strength into the equation.

A violent screech echoed throughout the room, most likely drawing the attention of everyone who had not seen or heard the creature before. To those who knew the differences in the sexes of the Snowy Owls, it could be seen that this one was a male. This is because this owl had the characteristics of an American Snowy Owl: almost completely white, with several dark bands across their tails. Other basic characteristics of the owl could be seen as it began to fly toward its target location such as its large(almost glowing) yellow eyes, black beak which formed the shape of half an arc, and the large sharp talons which protruded from its thin feet. A small tuft of feathers could also be seen by the human eye on the bird’s head; however, it gave the impression of a smooth and rounded surface rather than individual feathers and a rough texture across the head.

Now behind the monster, the bird stopped in midair and opened its wingspan which spread about six feet in diameter. With a roaring screech, its inner feathers detached from the creatures body. Within the blink of an eye, they all turned to razor sharp sickles of ice. Since birds have many feathers, the number of shards was well over a hundred. Each shard just stood in midair, waiting for the note to attack. It came quick and swift. With a large and violent flap of the wings, the shards were all sent flying. Since the air currents were shifted in opposite directions, the shards on the far ends of the massive group of ice were forced inward instead of randomly flying across the room. However, it could easily be said that not all of the shards would hit their mark.

For those characters who had been watching the bird instead of fighting, it could also be seen that the lost feathers regenerated within seconds of the former release. Hopefully with the attacks of the others, this would be the final blow to the Marionette Devil.
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:37 am

I'm so What's going confused. My head on? Where am hurts. Everything is I? I feel broken. horrible.

"This can't be good..." Kit says out loud, staring at the floating orbs in the sky. Her ears fold back against her head lightly with worry, thinking of the first time Lighteria ever split. It was an intense moment for him, just the mere act of floating around was impossible to grasp fully for him at the time. Even back then though, he had an inkling of his powers and at the very least a subconscious understanding of how it worked; it's hard to tell at this late hour, but the hack latching onto his emotions might have been the only reason he was in tune enough with it to reform again. This time though... it's the hack itself acting completely out of self preservation and with no explanation...

"Repth!" Kit calls out, busying herself with healing Silk while she tries to figure out a solution to the orbs. In the air though, it would seem the problem might be starting to work itself out. With spells going off left and right and Suzaku directly killing as many as it can, the orbs aren't lasting very long. Every Rom, Don and Zot spell that is flung at the boss catches a defenseless orb in its wake, slaying it instantly. As the aura is thinned though, the orbs spread themselves out again, attempting to equalize the power of the aura to spread once again to every inch of the room... even if it's less powerful.

Of course, without a clear force of will from the user, the Ani aura is almost entirely controlled by the natural will of the element. A few orbs waft around the dim lighting of the room, trying to create shadows and weaken the light. A few orbs linger in player's shadows, following behind them and pulsing silently. More of note though, may be the eight orbs surrounding the devil. Having found the axes of darkness in his hands, the orbs float along with the boss like a vapor trail, flying with the axes and pulsing dark purple. If the element was in complete and utter control, it might have started possessing the axes, making them even stronger and possibly even unstoppable.... However, despite the lack of focus coming from the girl's mind, there is ONE emotion that makes it through.

Rage.

As the werewolf of the group begins another vicious assault, the orbs surrounding the boss suddenly stop following the axes. As if the adrenaline of the group infused them, the orbs begin swarming in circles around the boss' head and torso like a small swarm of bees, each of them darting into the devil's body and darting back out again and again. A small shock of darkness is felt wherever they strike. Though the damage is laughable... maybe 1 hp a hit if not completely shrugged off, the irritation factor quickly rises as they relentlessly zip around the devil's body, hard to hit and driven by hatred.
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"