Enter the World through the Lambda Server

Moderator: Nighthand

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:49 am

The training room had proven rather trying but, at the same time, rather informative. The echo of what the Merging had done to them, what it had created, was still a dull ring in his mind. The power...God, the power. It was intoxicating, there was no getting around that. Zan had no way, no logical ability to deny such a fact. But becoming a single entity with Nulus had been disconcerting in turn; it had been Zan, but it had also been Nulus, and yet...it had been neither of them. The Merged, a temporary name the Heavy Blade had assigned to whatever he had become during the process, didn't think like a human being. Hell, it didn't even think like an animal. It was a blank slate, a mind to be filled and grafted out with experiences. He couldn't call it evil, or good, or even neutral. It had a morality that was alien, thoughts that were chaotic as they were simple. Any attempt to recall its mental processings proved impossibly difficult and just this side of painful, like the part of his brain he was trying to access didn't exist. That made sense, of course. Its brain was its own. Unlike Nulus, he shared no mental space with it. As of right now? It didn't even exist. It was something to call from the Nothing, the Empty, the anti.

We're not doing that again for a very, very long time. When we were...it...I felt-

Deleted? Zan didn't need to tap into their bond to know it was what he intended to say. He had felt it too.

Exactly. Being chained to your dumbass is hard enough, but being obliterated completely? I can't shake it. I don't remember some digital Heaven or Hell. I don't even remember where we went. The last thing I remember was willing the Merging, then it was over and everything was dead. And yet... The First's mental voice trailed, leaving Zan to fill in the blanks.

You remember everything it did. Me too. I remember what it felt like, what the power did. And what's scarier?

We had no choice of when it ended. The Merged decided it was done being. It disturbs me to think about if it ever chose to...

Continue on indefinitely? Me too. That's not something we should tamper with again any time soon.

Agreed. Nulus paused, considering something else. And we need to limit our mental synchronization time. I don't like this finishing our sentences thing. Battles only, otherwise? Do your shitty mental block thing.

Gladly.

And it was shut down, Nulus left to wallow the dark corners of his mind and play whatever memory movies it wanted to. There were worse things to be stuck doing, Zan supposed. A glance at the common room blackboard and his notes on Nulus made him realize that there was more to add about his partner since their trip into the Training Room. Walking over, chalk in hand a moment later, Zan added in a 'Spell List' under the rest of the info already given, quickly listing off 'Charm, Paralysis and Dek Do' before setting down the chalk once more. The tactical Wavemaster had purchased some of The Lovers cards and would probably be glad to know Zan (well, Nulus, but eh) had the spell at his disposal should it ever be needed in a fight. For now, however, the lycanthrope left out the part about their added power when they Merged and the Merging in general. Zan was too shaken and, well, confused by the whole thing to give it as a poker chip into their battle pool right now. Later. Probably. The very fact that the Lycan was so adamantly against pursuing the whole thing again probably only suggested his subconscious planned on doing it again in the next quest. Ug.

What continued to bother him, even when he had managed to put the most of the Training Room's experience behind him for the time being, was the fact that they had Merged while Zan was still in his human form. Had the thing chosen to not become the Garou or...was it inaccessible if Zan wasn't already in it? And, God, what would it have been like with the Beast's mind so strongly active in a form like that? What would it look like? The possibilities made the Heavy Blade shudder, the motion a subtle tremor that had him correcting his posture just as soon as it began to crumble. Creepy. But...damn, if that was the power he had felt while Merged in his human shape? Fuck. Garou would just be...no. No, he couldn't allow such considerations to get past his carefully placed guard. Nope, that'd be rather counterproductive. Even the best people in the world's history had fallen to the lure of power and Zan, not being 'a best person', wanted to do all he could to avoid the temptation. The seed was planted, however, and the lycanthrope could already feel Nulus getting over its fear of permanent deletion in lieu of this new potential. Great, giving the mental gold to a sociopath like his partner. Zan could have mentioned how bad this was aloud, but it'd just be redundant.

Further ponderings over the whole shebang were halted by the arrival of Sheena in the Hideout. The noise of her transportation had pulled him to walk towards the Chaos Gate, brows lofting at the sight of two unconscious bodies on the ground. Zan was all too busy trying to figure out what the hell was going on to realize he actually knew one of these people, but began to pry apart that particular obstacle when Nall lofted the girl into the air. The scent hit him then, whether or not he wanted it to, a familiarity to it that had his confusion soon melting into shock. Oh God. It had happened. He had fucking called it. The last time he had seen Sekai hadn't been long ago and one of the last things spoken to her was how close she was to falling into the deep-end of the game's troubles. The Twilight that had been rich in her before was now overwhelming in the way that all the Freedom Fighters were; a sign of a true coma patient. Groaning as they walked past him, palms rolling around his tired face with notable exhaustion, Zan knew his brilliant idea for a nap after a long (what had seemed long in the Training Room, anyway) exercise had just been cancelled. How could he not follow them?

Glancing at the mysterious male that had unconsciously tagged along revealed no face that he knew, no scent that he recognized. This kid was, more or less, a stranger. The one thing that did call out to Zan's senses, however, was the level of his infection. He too was now lost to the real world, comatose and severed from his old life and his old family. The Freedom Fighters had been made his family. Like some had contemplated (and succeeded with) in the past, he might choose to simply leave the Hideout and strike out for a cure on his own. If he had come with the Archer, however, then they probably knew one another. Sekai could be talked into reason, if only after a small while and a shove away of her amusingly aggressive A.I., and (hopefully) it was something she could pass on to the Long Arm. Running away, with the Elites abound and the admins ever vigilant, was moronic suicide. Alright, so all suicide was technically moronic, but it seemed a necessary adjective just the same. Unless he liked being a Level 0 slave to the Big Wigs, the kid was going to have to stick around. Here's for hoping he actually knew how to listen.

By the time they had been placed in the barracks and Raine had ensued in her mother/doctor role amongst the both of them, the two unconscious players began to rouse. The Long Arm looked...drifted. Gone. Absent. Whatever event had done this to both of them had obviously been traumatic for him, but looking over at Sekai showed an entirely different reaction to whatever horror it had been. Not long after she had woken she was crying, sobbing in the way someone sighs for lost loves and lost friends. It was a broken sound, a desperately and fallen sound. The guardian within him, the alpha urge to protect his pack, made the lycanthrope want to walk over and console her...but could he really do anything? The girl would probably only be frightened of him after their last violent encounter (even if it did up ending more or less pleasant) and, stepping into the room only to lean against the wall just left of the threshold, Zan chose to leave her to her sorrow. Perhaps it was something she simply needed to get out of her system, to vent and step past. There had been more than one occasion in the Lycan's life where he had wished his friends had simply left him be. Maybe, just maybe, this was such an event. That or Zan was a social coward around crying girls.

Whichever.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:05 am

(Now, there are some things that, as a rule, are actually about as scary-looking as Canti is. Canti isn't trying. He just made himself look the way he does, and nothing more. He HAS had moments of being outright demonic, crazy, infuriating, inhuman, and...all of the above at once. However, at the moment, the only won that seemed all that freaky right now was Light, because... Well, to be honest, the Twin Blade didn't have a fucking CLUE why he looked that way! First impressions mean all, so he was not fooled by the sudden straightening up with all smiles act. Lighteria was in a bad mood...again. Well, so had he at the time, but what the hell? He'd been under alot of pressure, which Light now addressed.)

"SO! I see you found her! That's great! I was really worried about you two."

Canti: Uh-huh. Whoa, bullshit up to my ankles. Thank you very much, Captain Useless.

(Was it him, or did it seem as though there was a small unnecessary pause in there somewhere in his speech patterns? Maybe, but Canti didn't really care at the moment. As Light went on in his speech, the Twin Blade couldn't help but OBVIOUSLY note the insulting edge that it was taking. That was beginning to get his hackles up. If Light was going to go on about him and so on, Canti was going to lose his temper, go demonic, and drag him around while in flight, banging his heads on all the walls in the hideout! However, before he could even SAY anything...)

"...Oh....Crap."

(...Light dashed off to bury his head in the couch, the reason for which Canti could only guess was something of his own fault. Canti did the most amusing thing. His jaw dropped, his eyes contracted in anime surprise, and he most definitely sweatdropped.)

Canti: I was gonna say something to get him to stop, but...I don't think I should even try...

“Friend of yours?”

(Senna muttered this in his direction. Canti had only time for a quick answer before an interruption came.)

Canti: Met him outside when I was out looking, found out he was one of us.

(And that...was when something rather odd decided to make itself known. On the stool nearby now was a kitten, a small gray thing that was, for all intents and purposes, very cute. How cute? Think Nermal, almost, but without the aggravation. That's not the weird part. The weird part was how it could TALK. Canti was surprised at first, though...he HAD seen Bleach. Also, this was The World. Weird stuff just happens.)

"Let me apologize for Lighteria. He hasn't been himself lately and assure you, his suicide attempt via ice cream was only brought on by a distinct lack of petting cats until they purr."

(Typical cat behavior. Canti smirked. He kinda' liked this animal. It even had real emotions and expressions...of a sort. That was when she put on the feline charm. Man, if this had been some kind of changling, this cat would've gone REALLY far.)

"Have....YOU pet a cat today? We're great stress relievers....and I couldn't forgive myself if something happened to you. ...Really."

(Then, she indicated...)

"The back of my ear itches, by the way. Just...throwing that out there."

“Sorry, but if you’re with him I’m not interested.”

(And like that, Senna left to explore other parts of the hideout. Canti seemed relieved already, without the cat. Maybe this was awkward for her, but what else could he do? They were all allies here. There would be no backstabbing or sabotage. She could at least be safe. And despite Light's jibe about the knight-in-shining-armor act, it was still the right thing to do. Giving the cat a sidelong glance and a smile, he spoke.)

Canti: What the hell? I never had a cat at home.

(As advised, he began to scratch behind the ear of the cat. This was, perhaps, part of what Canti really needed. Something to take his mind off of the seriousness of his 'adventure'. He was actually smiling now as he petted the little cat.)

Canti: You got a name, cat? For that matter, where'd you come from?
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:33 am

New tenants. That summed up the situation rather completely. A twin blade, two long arms, and an archer had all seemed to be part of the new patch. Outside of Armina, he knew none of the others well, if at all. The wavemaster had participated alongside Lighteria for an event, but that was the extent of it. The others however Rayo had never encountered. New additions couldn’t hurt them, extra units hardly ever would. From the position of the ones running their side, they probably just counted as additional pawns to be used against the Elites. Any items, skill, and genius they possessed would be disposable assets for the ‘greater good’ they were fighting for. For the mage, it meant for just as much complication as a bonus; each extra person also meant one more person who needed not to die.

The wizard spent a bit of effort to remove himself from the decently comfy seat he maintained, and walked over to the newcomers. To avoid being at all imposing he didn’t march over quickly, but he was direct. If the blue mage possessed any luck at all, a new field would be decided upon soon enough. The wavemaster liberated his gift bag for Senna that still was lying in it’s starting position, and handed it to her when he got there.

“These should be useful for you.”

Turning to the long arm, Auth took to what could be an interesting challenge. Getting his attention, initiating conversation, and possibly having that special talk every new player received. Didn’t someone else have the title of on site greeter?

“Greetings, my name is Rayo. As far as I’m aware you haven’t been here before, although I could be mistaken. If not, could I be of any service?”

The boy stared at the man who had approached him, slightly taken aback. "Ummmm.... For starters, you mind telling me exactly where we," he paused as he gestured toward his female companion, "ended up?"

"You are currently in Carmina Gadelica... the root town itself specifically. We're all tucked away in a secret local within it that is unknown to both the administrators of The World and those hackers that would find it convenient to enslave your mind. It's as safe as anywhere can be. If not for the location, at least due to the presence of friendly forces."

He swallowed, trying to take in the bits and pieces of new information. Carmina Gadelica? He had never heard of that place before. Another root town? Mind-enslaving hackers? He lapsed back into a silence that on hindsight, may have actually been quite rude, but at the time, was desperately needed.

Since the long arm remained silent, the wavemaster chose to press on. It might be too much, but making sure the vital data was passed on took priority.

"Based off the fact you're here, I'd be hard pressed to believe you aren't having issues with logging out. Try as you might, you're effectively stuck here. You can stay here for safety, or consider offering up your services for the sake of your survival. The main threat to our continued existence would be made up of the hacker society. In order to one day all be able to leave, we're attempting to hinder and eventually defeat them as a whole. It's your decision, regardless of what anyone says. If you choose to go on your own, I won't stop you. Neither will you be forced from this place if you choose to simply rest here and not aid us. You shouldn't risk your life without a good reason. Think it over some."

The Long Arm stared, part in bewilderment, part in amazement, part in some other emotion that he didn't quite grasp. His mouth opened and closed frantically for a good few minutes before something even resembling a coherent thought formed in his brain. " . . . I . . . will." It seemed that's what everything required. Thinking. Unfortunately, thinking was not what his mind was best equipped to do at the moment. He gazed back up at the Wavemaster who had approached him before speaking again. "Thank you, for you assistance. I'm still not sure exactly what's going on, but you've given me an idea. Thank you."

At the least, the caster had avoided encountering a violent addition. Count the blessings you were given, that was the right frame of mind to maintain. The guy before him wasn’t doing any better or worse than the average individuals he’d met before had done for the situation.

"Sorry I'm not the best at explaining everything. I usually don't focus on the big picture in this scenario as much as the aspect of maintaining our collective lives. Hm... any of the heavy blades here would probably be able to supply good information as well; Reinier, Zan, Nighthand..."

The names the man supplied were lost on the younger one's ears. He didn't know anybody within the bounds of . . . wherever this was besides the archer sitting across from him. And he doubted that she knew any more than he did. "I'll keep the names in mind."

"'I'll leave you be to your thoughts for now. I'll be nearby if you want to ask me about anything else."

The boy murmured a few soft words of gratitude to the player's departing back. It was nice to know that there was at least one friendly face around here.

Auth backed up some and found a generic wall to lean upon. Were any of the others having more luck with the girl? Several of the group seemed to attempting to fulfill the same duty as the sage; how well would the gathering go in the other room if everyone kept on walking off if there after getting bored.?

ooc: Not much to really write about… just waiting for things to move.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:43 am

“Sorry, but if you’re with him I’m not interested.”

Mew, meow meow. Mew mew meow mew meow mew mew meow mew mew meow. ...Meow meow. ...Meow, mew meow mew mew meow mew-mew meow meow mew? Meow meow mew mew mew meow mew mew meow mew! Mew meow meow mew mew mew mew meow meow mew-
(Hooboy, that's a cold shoulder. I don't know if Lighteria can emotionally afford people hating him when he gets back. ...If he gets back. ...Holy crap, I'm not going to be stuck with emotionally-disturbed angry guy forever am I? May be a good ear scratcher but a cat has to have her limits! I have to confront her with poise and dignity that really only I can-)

"What the hell? I never had a cat at home." Canti says, suddenly scratching behind Kit's ear. Instantly, Kit's tail stands straight up into the air, frizzes lightly and starts to drop like a particularly relaxed feather.

Mew mew mew! ...Mew meow meow mew mew mew meow mew. ...mm... Yarny... Mew mew meow meow...(He has fingernails! ...The world is now made of cat nip and yarn balls. ...mm... Yarny... how I love to bat you...)

"You got a name, cat? For that matter, where'd you come from?" He says, Kit sinking onto her stomach, purrs streaming from her mouth like a pure river of kitten mews. You have to understand Kit's perspective at this point though. When someone actually scratches behind her ear at that oooone spot she can't reach with her paw it's like a waterfall of serenity pouring into a lake of calm. It's kind of like the feeling you get when you've just stretched out, yawned and flopped onto a mattress full of marshmallows. It's DAMN relaxing. ...oh, and Yarny is the name of her yarn ball, in case it was unclear.

"Mmm... Whose the what now?" Kit mumbles, paw swinging gently off the side of the chair, tail swishing back and forth like a hammock in the summer. It takes a few seconds for the question to penetrate the visions of milk saucers and catnip clouding her thoughts. "...Oh... I'm Kit. And that's my pet, Lighteria." To note, she wasn't being smug, she actually mixed it up in her head. "I come from-... Ah forget it, just scratch the lower neck already." She mumbles again, purring louder and gently clawing the chair top.

While all this is going on, of course, Lighteria is watching from the couch, eyes half open and the look of a man who just lost all his blood in a medical operation.

I am being indirectly berated by a pamper-drunk kitten. My life has just hit an all-time low.

Self-pity aside, the twin blade's eyes catch the movement of a wavemaster entering the barracks. He frowns a little, his ears perking up lightly. He'd been in the same room with the guy for the past couple of minutes but Lighteria had been doing his best to ignore anything that wasn't ice cream for the time being... due to stress and all. But with attention being unfocused at this point aaand having caught a glimpse of people being dragged in, Lighteria decides it might be a good time to clear his head and listen in...

"...And that's how I came into The World." Kit finishes, looking back up to Canti. In reality, Kit had completely muttered everything to the point where it had been inaudible the entire time. She was WAY too busy purring to be coherent. But, such is a kitten’s way.
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:45 pm

(OOC: This happens after my training room with Zhao, but before my solo.)

Exhausted as he was from the fighting, a very distinct sound greeted Dien's ears as he peaked the staircase: weeping. Who the hell? Wasn't Sheena - she wasn't prone to breaking down like that. Raine, neither. Senna had run off to come to grips with her infection on her own, so that left...Hijinx? For whatever reason, the prankstress didn't strike him as one to up and weep. No, but the voice was still familiar. Granted, he was going in the same direction anyway, as he needed sleep, but when he entered the barracks he had no idea- her?! And Raquar?! First, when the hell had they paired up, and second...why were they here? "Raquar..." He said, turning to the longarm who had once served as his comrade, a distressed look coming across his face as the once strong player was reduced to an empty shell of a man. Even more daunting was, "...Sekai..." Infected? God, no. NO! Dammit, not more. More numbers meant more strength, but it also meant more lives ruined, and by comparison it wasn't worth it. "You're not...why are you here?"

Zan was already in the room by the time his friend had entered, arms crossed, back leaned against the wall nearest the barrak's threshold. One was unable to see his face due to the overhanging darkness of his black leather hood, but his mood was obvious. Concern. When Dien had finished babbling out his confusion, Zan (choosing to ignore his previous confrontation with the man) spoke up and made himself known.

"Sekai's been crying since I walked in. She won't stop. She won't say anything."

A pause and he lofted a hand towards the Long Arm.

"And that kid, Raquar you called him, looks brain dead."

Again the lycanthrope paused, the next words that slipped from his lips quiet, whispered to himself.

"I told her it would happen..."

She hadn't been keeping her guard up or her senses aware, something that Kira normally would have kicked her in the ass for had the situation not been what it was, other wise she'd have noticed the two against the wall. Sniffling and trying to compose herself after she'd thought she'd heard people coming towards the room, the pale girl brushed at her eyes with the heel of her hands and began trying to think of what she needed to do. There were a lot of questions to be asked and probably a lot of explaining to do as to why she and Raquar were there. A deep breath was taken and released, composure nearly back as she hoped that whoever she spoke to; they'd be nice.

Composure; it was something he'd also tried to maintain on his first...his first...damn it. Was it really so hard to reconcile the fact that this girl who he'd known to be so strong could be weeping? He had thought himself to be strong, but that had been proven wrong by the first half of the Primal incident. No, she needed to cry, or else she'd be crying for the rest of her life over the gravity of what had happened to her. "Please," he said, taking a seat on a closeby bed, "I...just...you...let it go." The words had been so hard for him to spit out, because he himself knew at least on some level what she was going through. There were questions for Zan, but that would have to wait for later. Besides her, catatonic and 'brain dead' was Raquar, not even moving at all. "What the hell happened?" The thought came out loud, unintentionally drawing attention to himself as he shyly looked up to try and hide it, but to no avail.

At the sound of an unfamiliar voice, white hair whipped around her shoulders as her head snapped to the side to face the speaker. Brown eyes held flecks of a warmer amber as surprise and unease spread visibly across her expression. Her instinctive thought beyond making sure Raquar was alright was to shuffle a little closer to the edge of the bed and away from the stranger in front of her. His clothing rang a bell only from the description Kira had given to the other player they'd encountered. At the voiced question, her eyes had slid away and refused to make contact. She was still ashamed for her own failure to prevent what had happened and to speak up as she should have when things looked bad to begin with. However, the sight of a familiar trenchcoat with barely visible markings on the fabric had her expression changing into surprise and just as quickly into panic and anxiety. Her voice still a little stuffed from her crying, she tried to explain her being there despite his order not to follow him.

"I wasn't following you-I, it just happened and it wasn't expected. No one knew that odd number stream, computer code or something, was going to attack people and Raquar-he and I we just-"

Her speech became more rapid as she grew more flustered.

"All we could think of was getting the people about to be attacked out of the way. Tiral-san was killed, he sacrificed himself and then the crystals... they just seemed to explode and it just happened too fast for anyone to think right. Mika's screaming still I think and I can't.. I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

The last word was spoken with a rather heavy visible threat of another round of hysterical tears, her lip quivered and she was already wiping tears from her eyes.

Zan, contrary to his usually stoic attitude towards the troubles of other, couldn't help but feel her plight. The girl had been so close, so naturally close to a coma in the first place, so it was hard to ignore her up and coming fate, but the fact that it had actually come to pass was far different than his logical expectations.

"Sekai, I'm not going to stand here and try to make you feel better. Because I can't. Nothing is going to make that void in you go away. I'm sorry that whatever happened to you happened, and Dien and I are more than willing to listen to you vent. Everything I told you about the Elites and the Freedom Fighters? I think you should be the one to explain it to your friend. I have a feeling he's even less likely to speak to us than he is to you."

The guardian in him, the need to protect was making this conversation harder.

"And if anyone, anyone tries to cause shit with you? I'll drop their asses." And with that he was distanced from her once more, leaning against the frame of the barrak's threshold, back to them with eyes glazing over the rest of the place. He needed to leave soon. Raquar and Sekai needed their privacy, their time to grieve.

Sekai remembered that conversation from their interaction at Mac Anu, it wasn't that it scared her to be in this state, well, it did but... she knew she could afford to be in this state because of her...situation with her family. It was that Raquar had been involved that really bothered her, that and the sudden realization of what would have happened had she not shoved Ko out of the way.

"You don't have to threaten or hurt anyone, that would result in bad,"

She fumbled for the word, all the English lessons she'd had and learned in school and outside of it flying out the window.

"relations between those who have them established."

Something muttered that definitely wasn't in english followed by a steady stream of identical sounding words spoken in a rapid pace from frustration. Kira was quick to lend a hand, feeling sorry for the poor girl and needing to get the shit answered. Her body stiffened for a moment, speech cut off before she shook her head and looked up at the two.

"She's grieving more for her lack of ability to speak up and take a stand when she believed she needed to more than getting herself into this situation. Raquar, she didn't want involved and went tothat field especially for the reason of getting everyone out alive and unharmed."

She let her gaze settle on Dien, then Zan.

"Don't be insulted if she draws back or away from you; there's been some...events outside here that've brought that reaction against unfamiliar men out."

She pulled her legs into position, same as the one where Zan'd seen the woman before and straightened her back.

"She's going to have bad posture if she keeps doing this."

The woman muttered to herself and looked back up, the corner of her mouth turning up in a wry half-smile.

"So; who's first on the Q&A session?"

Zan laughed a hint at the last part, still looking away when he shook his head.

"I haven't known her long enough to have her draw away from me. Just make sure she knows, Kira was it?, that I'm here to help. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head back out into the common room. Dien, stay if you want, but her and Raq need some alone time."

And with that he was gone.

The heavyblade left, and as sad as it was to say it, Dien was relieved. He trusted the man more than he could know, but by igniting his sword upon his scar...he'd burned the chord that tied them together. It hurt to even be in the same room as him, and when he left something lifted in him. Perhaps Kira would note how his posture changed, but it wasn't much. His distress was still great, even if nothing compared to hers...he'd lost his best friend. A heavy sigh let him lay on his back, his trouble at her unease set to naught by this alterego's notice. "I guess that just leaves you, me, and him, then," he said, staring at theceiling and trying to find some notable pattern. There was none. "Well, what do you know, and what do you want to know?" Really, he was here for her - not the other way around. If anyone, she had more right to be asking questions.

Nice to know that wolf-man had her little one's back, Kira thought as she watched him leave and looked back over to make sure she didn't have to be obnoxious to Raquar and get him in some compromising position to lighten the mood up a little or something.

"To answer your question; I know my ABCs, the English and Japanese language, that my little one is sharing her bodies with me, and I'm an AI. What I don't know is how long this coma thing will last, why the hell I couldn't block that code from sending her into said coma and just what exactly the future holds for she, Raquar and I."

She looked at the troubled kid on the bed.

"You can answer any and all of those you'd like and are able to."

A moment's pause.

"Might have gotten you in trouble with wolf-man too; didn't remember your name and had to improvise by detailing what I remembered of your appearance from you getting an arm ripped off."

A bit of a saucy grin.

"Yes, that was me in that field, not Sekai that day. She'd been out at the beginning but, she went back when she started to stress out. She hadn't recovered enough to come back yet."

"...ah," Dien replied, trying to take in everything the girl had just said. Well, it made sense that this was the stronger one, at least for now, "but trust me, if anyone's jacked up me and Zan's friendship, it's me- but that's personal information which you probably don't care about right now." He paused a moment to think, regaining his composure as his brain began to spit out information. "As for how long the coma lasts, I can't say. We currently don't know how to get out of it. Some of us, like Nall and Nighthand, have been stuck for years. Me? I just got trapped a day ago or two..." his voice trailed off as the enormity of what he was saying sank in. A twitch, perhaps a scar forming on his character's figure, but nothing major. It vanished quickly and he continued, "as for why you couldn't block it...let me just say that my custom-built firewalls didn't even detect the virus, and I'm...well...let's just say I'm rather well-known--at least when it comes to things like code and hacking and such." He paused, once again retreating inward for a moment before continuing. "The future...well, you can either spend the rest of your days in hiding on some obscure field, or you can stick around with us. Personally, I think it's a safer choice to stay here, because Raine--our blue-haired beauty--and Sheena--the uncannily cheerful one--are here constantly monitoring this place and the infection. As for us? Well..." He paused, unsure how to phrase what came next. "We're called the Freedom Fighters, or so I think. Instead of just sitting around in hiding, we have decided to take a stand against the people who made the virus--called Twilight, mind you—and fight." He'd rambled. He knew he'd rambled. And by how sarcastic this girl had been, he braced for her to jump all over it.

Why Kira hadn't just stabbed the answer in the first place was beyond her; hackers. Always the goddamn motherfucking hackers who pissed all over things and screwed things up. An irritated sigh was her response for the moment, too busy having a minor mental bitchfit over more hackers. So help her Merrows if Garvix was involved... ooo she was getting riled thinking about it. Her voice was carefully structured as she responded verbally, no sense getting totally pissed yet.

"Freedom Fighters and Elites; know that much and some of the goals thanks to wolf-man Zan. What I don't know is how many people here are hackers or whatnot and hit with this Twilight thing."

Her eyes slid over Dien a little too calculatingly as she began to add two and two together to make four. Hopefully it wouldn't make four, other wise she'd really be making a bad impression here and that was something her little one didn't need; rumors of a batshit AI causing trouble and sharing a body.

"As for the personal troubles with wolf-man, did one of you find a new butt or fuck buddy or somethin' and the other person's pissed as hornets about being left out or replaced?"

Yes. she'd said it. This was how Kira managed to piss people off within minutes of meeting them; being as she lacked no shame whatsoever and would probably ask what position had she known anything. Kira was not fluent in today's people skills. Obviously Sekai was in her mind and probably wailing with humiliation that something of that... amount of crudeness had come out of her mouth thanks to Kira.

"I..." his voice cut out. No, he wouldn't tell her. He couldn't tell her. "I wish I could..." he began, looking away and to the side. "It's not for me to say." Dien knew she was joking, and might have been pissed otherwise, but this sore was too deep to get angry over some sarcastic mother-figure's snarks. He paused, taking time to compose himself mentally before continuing, "As for your other question...only four of us who I know fit the technical definition of 'hacker,' meaning code-manipulators: me, Raine, Sheena, and Nall. Everyone else's powers...well, that's just Twilight. Nothing more to it, really." He turned his head to face her, at least deciding to try and be polite. Someone wise did say once that a gentle answer would turn away wrath.

Sekai was already clamoring to try and get out when the words 'four of us' were spoken, because she knew the events that were about to transpire. And unfortunately for her, Zan was out of the room. Kira merely listened, an eyebrow raised at the being denied a reasonable response about her comment, maybe it had been true then? But when hackers were brought into the situation, well then. The corners of her mouth turned up and she smiled in an all too innocent manner, rising and stretching up on her knees with a crackling of her knuckles, neck and back before gving Dien a one eye opened look.

"A hacker you are, so you say?" Her voice had slipped into a bit of a deeper, purring tone as she finished popping her shoulders and continued to speak. "There's a little something you need to know, nothing too important. It's just that, well, how to explain this,"

Her expression turned thoughtful, a little troubled even as she tilted her head to one side and regarded him solemnly. Her entire demenor changed within a blink of an eye; no more coy, sarcastic and playful AI now. Her voice was sharp and cold, her body tensing up as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"I despise hackers."

Without warning, she used the bed to launch herself across the gap, hands outstretched and her body aiming to land on him to take him down so she could throttle him.

Oh crap, he thought, noting her cracking her knuckles as she rose, this could get ugly. He'd already been taken to court for his hacking before, and yet because of the name of it he was automatically labeled as a threat by anyone and everyone who'd been vandalized. He knew his standards were higher. He knew he played by the rules. To be technical? He was nothing more than a software engineer out to do a favor to society by fixing people's problems. Hell, Lighthack rarely constituted hacking at all, but then, none of that mattered now. Her last comment awoke him from his trance, and he grew wide-eyed as she leaped. Pain. Her hands wrapped about his throat and there was nothing for him to do about it. Had he been a fistfighter he might have been able to break her hold, but he wasn't. No, all that was there was pain. His throat was cut off, and he couldn't speak. Hell, he couldn't even breathe, but since when had that mattered in this game? All that he cared about was the pain, and in one of the few moments that she relented, a gasp echoed outward. Well, more a shriek than a gasp really. NO! he pleaded, pinching his eyes shut as she continued to strangle him.

All over his body he could feel scars beginning to twist over his skin and it began to grow pale. He didn't know if she noticed and didn't care. This was not happening. He couldn't feel her hands on his throat anymore, couldn't feel the muscles being bruised in his neck, nor the weight of her knee in his gut. "NO!" he screamed, pushing his arms up through hers and forcing them away. This can't be happening, he thought, this can't be happening! Sanity still intact, he shoved her away, scrambling to his feet and running across the room--not afraid of her, but afraid for her. Sanity was so expensive these days, and he was a hair's breadth from losing his. Already he could feel it oozing out of him, but that was all he could feel. Sweat poured out of his skin in droves, and subtle twitches lined his form. "R-run..." he begged, falling to one knee as the seconds left of his sanity dripped away, "RUN!" There was no telling what he do, and he didn't want her there to find out, even if she had been the one to attack him.

She'd strangled stronger things than this kid and had managed to actually get them to, you know, die when they were supposed to. Probably didn't help that he was a thrashing little bastard either. Her eyes focused fully and expressionlessly on her task, Kira saw panic and generally that was about it in his eyes and expression as she smirked bitterly. Soon it'd be one less problem out of her hands and away from her little one. Speaking of whom, trying desperately to throw her out of the position and mindset to spare the Blademaster's life. She was thrown back, toppling rather humorously off the twin sized bed and hit the floor on her right hip and side. She supposed she should count her blessings and be thankful that she hadn't landed or bumped into the lower left side of her body; that wouldn't have been fun or good. Pushing herself to her feet and her hair out of her eyes, might be time for a haircut after this, she muttered to Sekai silently and found her prey skittering across the room to get away. Warning her didn't do a goddamn thing, she was just a little too stubborn and murderous right now.

"Come back here and take it like a man."

Kira snarled at him, vaulting herself over one of the beds and beelining straight for the shaken Blademaster.

"What's the matter, scared of a girl? Thought you hackers were made of tougher shit than this."

Apparently Kira also taunted when she was pissed off. Go figure.

The boy heaved another sigh. This was getting out of control rather quickly. Sure Kira didn't like hackers, sure Dien might have been a little careless with what he said, and sure strangling, from her no less, might have seemed amusing at the time, but such emotions and feelings seemed trivial at the moment. Yells and frantic noises indicated an escalating situation and the only thing that served to do was agitate what little feeling there was left in him. He rose from the bed just in time to see Kira leap toward the Blademaster with a snarl adorning her face. There was something in Dien's crouching that led the Long Arm to believe that he wasn't in pain or hurt, even though that is what his position implied at first glance. Either way, it seemed as if things were going to get ugly, quite quickly. His body stood on its own, seemingly out of a desire to stop any other pain that may have been inflicted upon his clansman. What he had done already was more than enough. It took him only a few steps before he had positioned himself in the small space that lay between the two combatants. He looked down at the advancing one, eyes empty, body seemingly devoid of emotion. A quiet rush tumbled from his lips on its own, his body was acting on its own now.

"Enough."

His right hand grasped the smaller player's shoulder while the boy drove his left into her side, right to where her kidney would be in the real world, having seen how she'd been favoring it earlier. He felt horrible about doing what he did, not only had he trapped her in this damnable situation, he had just caused her intense amounts of physical pain in what in his twisted mind would be an attempt to save her. He bent and scooped up her fallen body, depositing it on the bed with a soft murmered apology before sinking onto the floor below. Depression always made him tired.

Zan, not too long after choosing to leave the room to grant the duo some peace, heard the commotion that began to sound from the barracks. Shit. Lycanthropic hearing had granted him the entirety of the conversation, even with his distance, but Zan hadn't expected it to elevate quite like it had. Sighing to himself in a similair fashion that one would would children began to squabble, made his way back and into the room. A quick glance and he figured the newbie, Raquar, had Sekai covered. Having promised to protect her (and not exactly on the best terms with Dien at the moment), Zan had no problem stepping within an inch of the Blademaster, his power rolling off of him in the form of overly-abundant heat compliments of his naturally boiling blood.

"Don't. Make. Another. Move. If you go Pain again, you know I'll have to kill you."

No remorse, no reluctance. Simple fact.

The huddled form of Dien must have been a pathetic sight for Zan to see. Not only was he huddled in the corner, but he was practically catatonic with what had just happened. He hadn't been watching Kira at all and hadn't seen what had happened.

"...I couldn't stop it..." he said, trembling. His skin was still pale, and scars covered almost all of the visible parts of it, but some amount of fear covered his whole body. Mixed in with the sweat, tears slipped out of his eyes in droves, his partial transformation leaving his body nothing but pins and needles. "I need..." he began, slowly moving to get up, "she..." The words just wouldn't come out right. "...I'm sorry." Lost mumblings escaped his lips then, so soft that only Dien could have any clue what they were saying, only repeating that one phrase over and over for the better part of a minute.

“I knew she was a loose cannon." He paused, turning toward her. A look crossed his face, one of sadness and sorrow. He rose slowly and sat on the bed farthest from her, his back against the wall as he tried to get his mind back in order. What more could he say or do? The blademaster's attention was sparked by her comments. He could see her clutching her side in pain. He couldn't feel anything like that right now. His head turned to one side, and with a blink the black aura around him had vanished. Now, instead of about him it was about her, and so was the lack of pain it entailed. Granted, she couldn't feel anything at all now, but it was better than pain. "No, I should've been more careful, I knew she was a loose cannon." He paused, turning toward her. A look crossed his face, one of sadness and sorrow. He rose slowly and sat on the bed farthest from her, his back against the wall as he tried to get his mind back in order. What more could he say or do?

As sharp as the pain had been, suddenly it wasn't there any longer. Confused and more than just a little embarrassed about the situation and Kira's increasingly poor behavior, Sekai cautiously moved herself back into a sitting position and removed her hands from her side. A puzzled expression on her face as she shook her head a moment and responded.

"It.. I've have more experience and know the basis of her actions and thought patterns. Loose cannon or not, Kira still had no excuse to do to you what she did."

She gave a tiny, shaky smile and tried to think of something to say that would make the situation a little better even in the slightest.

"That... wasn't the best way to introduce one's self in a new situation. Please accept my apologies on her behalf."

"As I'm sure she said before," Dien said, turning his head aside, "I had already met her and run through an event with her." He paused, letting out a long-winded sigh. She had been lucky. If Dien had access to code and didn't have morals tying him down? She would've been made useless the second she got up to attack. Fortunately, neither was the case; he wasn't even one of the bad ones. Hell, the only reason he wasn't thinking of throttling her right now was because he was more focused on what idiot would've had the lack of sense to piss her off. "Apology accepted and all that," he continued finally, "just one thing: while I am a hacker, I'm not a menace. Hell, I can't even touch code anymore!" Laughter bitterly escaped his lips, and he shook his head, almost wishing he hadn't brought the subject of his own infection up. "I...it still hurts to be infected," he started again, "even now after I've been stuck for a while, I'm still on the verge of tears just because I may never see my family again." Right, like that was what she needed to hear. Why the hell was he telling her this? It wasn't like she could replace...Danielle. Dammit...

Sekai wasn't entirely sure what she should say and for the time being, just listened as he explained himself, made sure that Kira heard that he was unable to do anything. Naturally the AI grumbled and sulked where her place in the brain space of the Archer was about being scolded. The 'hurting to be infected' had her slightly curious and wanting to ask something but, the bit about his fear of never seeing his family struck a bit of a painful spot in her own heart. She shifted uncomfortably and drew her knees up to her chest, resting her chin between them as she tried to think of something to say to reassure him, to make him realize that things would be okay. A little hard to do when you had know idea and from experiences, things generally became worse before improvement began.

"It's... I don't pretend to know what you or any of the others may have gone through. I'm sure it's difficult to... keep thinking of a positive ending when terrible things happen and the lonliness comes into the picture."

She paused for a moment, closing her eyes and taking a bit of a breath to try and finish collecting her thoughts and wording what she was going to say as carefully as possible.

"But, with the fear of never being able to see one's family again... wouldn't... wouldn't that just make someone just as determined and focused to make it back to see the people who are waiting at their side to come home again? I... I want to believe that keeping that thought in mind will help even a little in the darkest times."

She smiled a little again, hugging her knees and feeling a sense of weariness and heaviness that hadn't been there too long ago start to take her over. Her voice was soft as she finished her thought.

'They must have gotten me to the hospital, they're likely preparing me for surgery even as I sit here. Mika-chan....'

"Just remember something if you can during those hard times; at least you will have a family waiting for you to wake up to."

If I ever wake up, he thought in response, noting Raquar's body now limp on the floor, what the hell? Bah, whatever. It wasn't worth thinking about. His head hurt, and he was tired. Hell, he hadn't actually slept a wink since before being trapped. Oh man, the bed was inviting, especially with the smooth linen of the pillow... "Yeah," he said aloud, leaning over on his side and letting out a gaping yawn, "I guess that's- wait, what?" No, not time to pry. Just go to sleep, dammit! "...sorry, none of my business. If you'll excuse me, though, I think I'm going to take a little nap here. Would you do me the favor of telling Zan not to worry about me and that I'll catch up?"

She smiled and shook her head, though that was probably not the brightest of ideas considering her head was getting a little heavy and fogged up. The joys of having a connection that wasn't... or was it natural? Not the slightest clue, Sekai thought to herself with a bit of a mental sigh and decided a walk would probably do her good in clearing her head. Sliding off of the bed as quietly as she could, not wanting to bother Raquar- why was he sleeping on the floor? Boys were strange being indeed, the girl decided to herself and gave a quiet nod to Dien.

"Please do rest, don't mind me. I'll deliver the message. Oya-,"

She caught herself, cheeks turning pink from the near-slip before she coughed into her hand and tried again.

"Please have a good rest."

"Arigatou," he replied, a smile crossing his face as one of the three words of Japanese he knew was put to use. Best to make her feel as welcome here as he knew how--it was the least he could do for someone who was rather unofficially stuck with them. At that, his eyes closed and numbers began being assigned to imaginary sheep. With antlers. And guns....
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:44 pm

“You're not Nighthand? How...?” Armina asked, and Silverblade sighed slightly.

”I'm an AI a hacker put into Nighthand in an attempt to steal his powers. It didn't work, and I'm on your side now. I'm essentially Nighthand, with all his memories and in this body, but usually I just observe. Not so today, as Nighthand himself was called away by his father... I don't know what for.”

People came and went, and from his position in the common room, Silverblade could see all of it. Complete with when Nall and Sheena brought in a pair of new players, unfamiliar to Silverblade or Nighthand's memories, apparently recently comatose. They must have had connections to the group, somehow. How, who knew? Perhaps a question to ask Nall at a later time...

Mentally, Silverblade began preparing a list of who was where in his head. It was quite a task. Nall, Raine, Sheena, Himself, Lighteria, Zan, Senna, Zhao Xun, Canti, Dien, Reinier, Rayo, Hijinx, Armina, and the two newcomers were all in the hideout. Phoenix was as well, though unconscious. A good sized group.

A commotion came up in the barracks, but before Silverblade or any of the other “leaders” of the group could move to intervene, it seemed to conclude itself.

Silverblade decided it was time for them to prepare for moving on. All they needed was almost everyone to be there, not everyone. The rest would just have to go along with whatever the group decided. Sending out a flashmail, Silverblade stood and headed for the meeting room. The long table therein would fit everyone just fine. Wine at his side, Silverblade took a seat at the head of the table, as far from the door as he could.

Flashmail!
To: Lighteria, Zan, Senna, Zhao Xun, Canti, Dien, Reinier, Phoenix, Rayo, Cypher, Hijinx, Armina, Raquar, Sekai, Nall, Raine, Sheena
Subject: Meeting

I think it's about time we gathered to discuss what our next move will be. Come to the meeting room if you can, we'll start the meeting in an hour or so.

Also, to Raquar and Sekai; you may wish to sit in on the meeting to find out what's going on, and how you can help. You're here for a reason, and that reason is because our leaders thought two things; that we can help you, and that you can help us. We're all in the same boat here, so we all may as well help row it.

His message sent, Silverblade sipped at his wine and reclined a bit in his chair. Raine soon entered the room, nodding to Silverblade as though she knew him. Which, perhaps, she did. Nothing in Nighthand's code was a secret to her, save for the cures he needed to have full control over his power. Silverblade certainly wasn't very hidden from those who could see into their code. She took a seat on his left, followed soon by Nall, sitting to his right. Sheena bounced happily in, taking a seat next to Nall and sliding up next to him to lean on him. Nall grimaced, but didn't try to stop her. He knew better than that, by now.

The leaders were all in place, now it was just time to wait for the rest to arrive.

------------------------------ooc:
Next Thursday I'm going to start this meeting, so by the end of the round, if you're going to be in the meeting, you should be in the meeting room. That's... basically it.

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:26 pm

Having left the barracks to once again seek out some relaxation in the common room like the comfort-glutton he was after long quests, it wasn't long before the familiar cushions of his abused green couch were greeting him once more. Ahh. The thing about the Beast that few realized (or cared to know, either way) was it wasn't simply an existence of rage, but of passion in general. Zan had attempted to explain such a thing to friends in the past, but he was fairly certain they hadn't quit grasped it. Though Zan could control the floodgates of emotions with practiced ease, it didn't stop him from feeling the temptations the Beast brought upon him to drown in them. The particular war he found himself waging now, laid across the couch, one arm behind his head, the other drooping languidly along the side of the couch, was sloth. The urge to be such had originated from the incident with Xael, wanting to simply sleep it all away, but had morphed into the basic craving to recline the day away. Ug, something needed to happen, and happen soon. If the lycanthrope fell asleep like this, who knows when he'd wake up without the control of his frontal mentality over the laziness within. Oh God, how great. An hour or two ago he was getting his face melted off and now he was scared he'd sleep too long. How easily he forgot.

A conversation had been mingling on without Zan in the barracks, Dien and Sekai seeming to talk about his past as a hacker. Wait...a long breath through his nose and the scents of the Hideout were carried to him with the ease of his heightened senses. It wasn't Sekai anymore. The distinct overlay of Rue over Juk had him springing to his feet even before the real arguments had begun. Shitshitshit. Dien was a good guy, a good friend (well, up until recently anyway), but what he wasn't was smart around women. One would have noted her subtly tensing demeanor and the cat-caught-the-mouse octave of her voice if they had the mind to. Shut up, Dien. Shut up. Shutupshutupshutup! The mental shouting in his head never ceased as he bolted across the Hideout, as amused as he was irked about the situation. Bursting in to find Raquar prying her hands and her body off of the Blademaster took all of Zan's willpower not to start laughing. Dien had just been owned by a newcomer. Well, the tables would have turned if he had gone into Pain form, sure, but he wouldn't be stupid enough to unleash that onto a new...unsuspecting...God damn it. A look to him proved Zan wrong, the boy writhing in scars, flesh paling. The lycanthrope had endured his tortures once before and knew he could endure it long enough to knock the bastard out, but it might not be before he gave Sekai a taste of his power.

Relief was present in his posture as he stepped in front of Dien and spoke his warning, knowing that the situation had been diffused by the lightened tone of the air around him. Thank God for Raquar. He'd have to thank that kid personally later on, but not now. No, now he had to make sure both Dien and Kira kept their panties nice and unbunched. Guh, it was like babysitting little two year olds. The fact that Kira wanted to beat the shit out of Dien and Dien just taunts away from freaking the hell out never left, but the probability of their interaction again was unlikely. At least for today. Sekai's mumbling mix of English and Japanese went on more or less ignored by the Heavy Blade, Zan far too distracted with maintaining the peace that had settled in around them. He had half the mind to just kill Dien where he...huddled...to really remove the threat of Pain coming through, but that would be motivated by more personal and less common obligations. Okay, so he was still a little sore about Dien playing torch-sword to get a peek into the darkness of his hood. Zan knew it was stupid to be ashamed of scars on an avatar, on a body that wasn't technically his own, but he had been trapped in this damn game long enough to feel a distinct attachment and impression that said the opposite. This was his body. That could change, which was awesome or whatever, but right now it was his. He'd get over it (hopefully soon), but it wasn't going to be now.

Looking over to Raquar, he spoke up. "You did a good job, kid. I have a feeling this situation would have been a hair stickier if you hadn't decided to break your zombie trance to help your friend. I suppose you haven't really been inducted into the Freedom Fighters until you've dealt with some in-Hideout drama. Welcome to the team."

Zan could have, and probably should have, given him the same talk about the Elites and what the Freedom Fighters stood for, but his constantly peeping senses had already informed him that Rayo had had a basic version of that when the Long Arm first arrived. Plus, he had already done his tutorial duty by speaking to Sekai about that crap back in the Water Capital. If Raquar had any additional questions? Well, Dien or, hell, Sekai could fill him in. Sure, Dien probably was too busy being swallowed up by his drama of 'oh noz, Pain, I could have hurt someone uhhhh' to do anything. If Zan was less of a hypocrite, he would have pointed out to himself that he eats himself up about his hack and hurting people all the time. If being the operative word in that sentence. Feeling that it was finally safe to leave the kiddies to their toys, Zan turned and walked out of the barracks, the lazy state of his mind once again drooling over the prospect of that lovely green couch once more. Surely they had plenty of time to allow him a little nap despite his previous fears, didn't they? Really, it would just be a tiny one. He'd even sleep with one eye open or something. Yea, that was genius. That way he'd be able to keep an eye (literally) on things while he drifted off and got some form of sleep or another.

Which was when he heard the fucking flashmail ping.

Flashmail!
To: Lighteria, Zan, Senna, Zhao Xun, Canti, Dien, Reinier, Phoenix, Rayo, Cypher, Hijinx, Armina, Raquar, Sekai, Nall, Raine, Sheena

I think it's about time we gathered to discuss what our next move will be. Come to the meeting room if you can, we'll start the meeting in an hour or so.

Also, to Raquar and Sekai; you may wish to sit in on the meeting to find out what's going on, and how you can help. You're here for a reason, and that reason is because our leaders thought two things; that we can help you, and that you can help us. We're all in the same boat here, so we all may as well help row it.

Flashmail! End

Oh son of a bitch! Fine! Growling and effectively shutting such a reaction off as it started, Zan aimed himself towards the meeting room instead of his beautiful green couch. It was like that bastard had sensed he was about to actually enjoy himself. Maybe Silverblade wasn't such a great difference from Nighthand in the end. The old leader also tended to have Spider Senses that were set to Zan's happiness or relaxation that he loved to exploit. That or the lycanthrope was feeling tad~ paranoid right now. Yea, probably that. Grumpiness made him paranoid, what could he say? Mumbling to himself as he pushed his way past the two doors and stepped into the room, ignoring the 'Because that wasn't dramatic at all, Zan' that sprung into his head afterwards (though if it was him or Nulus, he wasn't exactly sure), the Heavy Blade took a second to see who had arrived. So far it was only the power players, the head honchos. Why was Silverblade at the head chair, though? Wasn't Nall higher up than him? Well, it could be the fact that Nall finally realized they followed Nighthand more than him. Maybe. Shrugging it off, Zan stayed standing. He'd wait for everyone else to sit down and play chair-placement politics before he'd bother picking out some random seat.

Okay so, in truth, he was just afraid he'd start snoring the moment he sat down. Choosing instead, at least for now, to recline against the wall to the left of the door (looking more like a sentry, he supposed, than a member of the Freedom Fighters at that particular moment), he waited for the others to arrive. Would Sekai and Raquar actually come? Did they feel any loyalties or needs to listen to Silverblade when they hadn't actually met the guy? Zan knew that he, being the constant dumbass alpha that he was, would have ignored the flashmail in their shoes. Hopefully they were less stubborn. Whatever was going to be said needed to be heard by them as well as the rest of the group. The lycanthrope wasn't entirely sure how Raquar would act, but he knew Sekai would go along, if only by the mental nudging of her A.I. There was no way in hell Kira would miss out on an opportunity to squash some hacker dealings. Zan had known her for all of a few hours (including their previous encounter) and already he was aware of that much. Raquar was still, obviously, a mystery to him, but that would come with time. Rome wasn't built in a day and all of that. Where was everybody, anyway? Was the only one close enough to the doors to be here already?

For the umpteenth time, he just had to wait.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Zhao Xun
Elevated Player

Post by Zhao Xun » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:10 am

(OOC: Same as Dien, this occurs after our pending training room excercise.)

-----------------------

It had been an exhilarating time, fighting alongside my old companion. And it had reminded me that while he may have become more powerful than I was, I could still be useful in my own way. And that was what I planned on doing. Just as soon as I knew what everyone was up to again, anyways.

Flashmail!

A meeting? Good. Must be about time for the ball to get rolling again. I headed for the meeting room, knowing I didn't really have anything else to do. I didn't have anyone to talk to unless they talked to me, unless of course Dien needed my help again. That left me with very little to do for the next hour, but then I thought of something to occupy my time.

Flashmail!
To: Rayo
Up for about an hour's worth of chess if we can find a board?

I smiled, knowing that even if the wavemaster declined, I had one more person I could still talk to in here. And that made everything alright for the time being.
Zhao's Profile

Wishlist:
Levels
Slayers
Other level 16+ Twin Blade Weapons
Cougar Bandanna
Snow Panther
Level 16+ Twin Blade Armor

Miakita hazu no tasogare ga
Konna ni kirei dato naita

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:27 am

The mage had initially planned on just sitting by the newbies, but in the end waiting bored him too much so he moved on to bigger and better things. Having found a random corner no one was occupying, the guy went on to planning. Every single item was laid out in neat rows, while he took a physical inventory count of his goods. Basic scrolls on hand at 19 between five elements, element buffs at 14 between three elements, elemental rebuffs at 4 between two elements, stat boosts at 14, status recovery items at 10 split evenly between body and spirit, stat rebuffs at 4, SP recovery items at 15, Status scrolls at 5, and finally 5 HP recovery items as well. Additionally, there were 12 kruz types, 2 rom types, 4 zot types, and a single don type between his offensive papers. Outside of his standard equipment, Rayo also maintained two extra pieces of armor and four more wands. To top it off, all six elements were naturally available to him, with his weaker areas given additional padding through the use of items. If he was ever prepared, now was one of those times. His ability to respond to any given situation would be better than usual, and his unique ability would increase that capability throughout the field as his inventory decreased, offsetting the usual weakening that should naturally occur as one is forced into combat for extended durations.

Satisfied, the document recording his information was tucked away, and the blue mage pondered about what else could be done. Was there anything left for him to do? His own item stock was well taken care by the end of his shopping, he gave certain items to those who could use them, his hack had been explained, and all the relevant information for one of the possible group destinations was in plain sight.

The warlock’s dilemma was solved by… Silverblade? Who was he? Earlier the names of the other newly arrived had been identified by checking their name labels. Was there yet another individual in the base Rayo had yet to have been acquainted with? What seemed the most incredulous about it was the fact this person was the one demanding a meeting. After scanning the names again, a very important name was missing from it, Nighthand. Was he already there for the meeting? No… if the heavy blade did not require a flash mail, neither would any of the other players seemingly running the show. As it was printed, Raine, Sheena, and Nall were all listed.

In any event, the wavemaster found his way to the meeting room. The wizard parked himself in the corner of the room for a moment, before making his way all around the sparsely filled room. In front of every chair, the mage placed a sheet of paper, blank except for a few category listings. Each sheet had an item portion similar to the one he’d filled out just a while before, along with a spell list (separated out by element and type), and a primary equipment list. This form was more specific, but that’s also because it was for more than just personal use. The mage had completed one as well, and placed it in front of where he sat down, a random chair somewhere roughly in the middle.

<To Lighteria, Zan, Senna, Zhao Xun, Canti, Dien, Reinier, Phoenix, Rayo, Cypher, Hijinx, Armina, Raquar, Sekai, Nall, Raine, Sheena, Nighthand, Silverblade

I’ve distributed item/spell/equipment inventory sheets in front of each seat in the meeting room. If we’ve an hour before things start, that gives us plenty of time to get some initial prep work done. I’d like everyone to fill one out and pass it on to me before we head out. I want to know what everyone is capable of doing so we have a better chance of not dying out there. If we have accurate information to work with our chances for survival go up. Even if you’re not sure if you’ll attend, please fill one out regardless.

Rayo>

<To Zhao Xun

I've got one. I’ll play a few rounds until the meeting gets going. Also, are you alright? I never saw you at the last field, did you run into any trouble?

Rayo>

ooc: Obviously I’ll just glance at character profiles for reference, but please fill the sheets out so that can be used for IC situations. It’s better than calling out for someone to cast this or that, and know who to go to.
Last edited by Rayo on Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Dien
Exalted Player
Class: Blademaster

Post by Dien » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:15 am

(OOC: this will be short, but for goodness' sake, Dien's asleep! After last post, before solo)

BING! Roused from his near-sleep, the blademaster threw his hand into the wall. What headache he'd had was not gone, and he was confused as to the nature of where he was. No, it wasn't a bad dream, and memories came back in a single instant.

Right, flashmail...

After reading the message from Nightha- er, Silverblade, he took a moment to compose a reply.
To: Silverblade
Re: Meeting
Right, I'm getting caught up on the sleep that I haven't had in days. Take notes for me? Outside of another attack by those freaks, please don't-
BING!

Freaking hell... he thought, scrapping that flashmail as he opened this second one from Rayo. A questionaire. How the hell was a man supposed to get any sleep around here?! Befuddled and groggy as he was, he closed his eyes and started over.
To: Entire Populace of Hideout
Re: Sleep.
...I'm trying to sleep here, because I haven't actually slept in days, and it's been getting to me. Please, please exclude me from any flashmail lists you're sending out until I join up with you guys later.

Rayo, just leave your piece of paper on the nightstand next to me and I'll get to it before joining up with you guys. You'll get it, don't worry, I just need to rest.

Nightha- Silverblade, could you take notes for me or something? Maybe use the back of Rayo's papers and jot down death threats or whatever.

Thanks, and goodnight!
Perhaps a little bit too pleasant in the ending, but that never hurt. With a thought, it was sent, and he closed his eyes to finally hopefully get some sleep.
Image|||Level 35 Blademaster (+200 EXP)
Wishlist: EXP, Ends of Earth, Armor with Status Effects

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Post by Raquar » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:40 am

Even his attempt to just lay there and be was failing. Rustling sounds had announced that Sekai was finally awake, and after a few moments, the sobbing began. Here we go . . . Each sob cut at his being, cut away the little pieces of happiness and hope that he would be forgiven by somebody along the line somewhere. He sighed and slammed his head back down into the pillow. Knowing that he shouldn’t be beating himself up for this did nothing to stem the fact that deep down he knew it was his fault. And that he would have to deal with it. It had been his goal to avoid most people if he could, he didn’t need them to think he was some sort of emotionally catatonic lump. Especially as he knew next to nobody around. Unfortunately, it seemed as though somebody had it out for him, as he was approached by somebody that he hadn’t even known had entered the room. He was tall, and from rod held by his side, he was a Wavemaster as well. A green cloak flamed blue trousers and a blue shirt as he spoke quietly yet solidly, and it seemed he was offering information. The boy bit down his first initial reaction of noleavemethefuckaloneyou’reallscarywherethehellamI in favor of one that might actually glean him something useful.

Their conversation was short, and left the boy more confused than he had been originally. He had a little bit of information, but mostly, it was unfamiliar places, names, and groups. But essentially, he had dragged Sekai and himself into the middle of a war, one that seemed deadly. The Wavemaster, the name label reading Rayo, retreated after a few moments once again leaving the boy to his thoughts. Was all of this worth it? Sure, he may not have had the best life back in the real world, but still, comatose back there? What would his parents think? Hell, when was the last time he had seen them? A buried homesickness began to resurface as the Long Arm remembered something that the Wavemaster had said just a few moments ago. Something about trouble with logging out. Quietly and quickly he pulled up the menu, scrolling down to the bottom only to find the “Log Out” button grayed out and inaccessible. So much for that idea.

The door to wherever they were opened again, this time a Heavyblade gracing them with his presence. Raq had no idea who it was, couldn’t hope for any facial recognition due to the large black leather hood that eclipsed the man’s face. He stood about 6 feet in height, his coat hanging open to reveal black pants with a forest green shirt. Nothing registered with the boy’s eyes as something he should be familiar with for the second that his eyes had left the ceiling, so he returned them to their perch. A few moments passed before the door swung open again, this time the entrant registering completely with him. The man who had just entered was a Blademaster, the name Dien coming to him a couple of seconds after, and had worked with Raq before. The boy averted his eyes, quickly. They didn’t have a very strong friendship, but there was still a bond there, and the boy didn’t trust himself with such things at the moment.

There was an exchange between the two older players, bewilderment and confusion about why two new players would be here. Especially ones that they new. Floating out of the air, the boy heard something about brain dead, and a small sorrowful and rueful smile touched his lips. Being brain dead would be a welcome distraction. At least he wouldn’t be haunted by this memory. Thankfully, they seemed to ignore him for the most part, seeming to focus their attention on the seemingly recovered Sekai. The entire scene that unfolded followed him no matter how he tried to escape it, like a scene he was forced to watch through some sort of window. And of course, the way things had played out so far today, nothing could have gone peacefully or smoothly; there just had to be some complication with it all. There were a few unwise words spoken by both parties, and then Sekai, or Kira rather, was atop the Blademaster, attempting to crush the life from his bones through the means of strangulation. In most instances, the spectacle would have been amusing, hysterical even, but of course, the boy found himself in the one situation where he just wished it would stop. Dien seemingly managed to free himself from Kira’s wrath and lay quaking on the floor, an opportunity that Kira would sure as hell not pass off. True enough, when she had regained her balance she prowled toward him again, the intent being that somebody died here. The Long Arm had had enough.

With a cold and brutal efficiency, he dropped Sekai, using the only way he could think of. The Heavyblade, tagged as Zan, addressed and welcomed him as he deposited the writhing form of the archer back on the bed. The boy didn’t respond, there was no need to, but what had been said had been said, and he had been noticed. He slumped to the ground, next to the bed he had deposited Sekai in, Dien having curled up in his. His mood worsened, feeling even guiltier and more miserable at how he had broken up the fight. Sure it had worked and had been efficient, but the emotionless way he did it left him feeling hollowed and empty. Was he even human anymore?

As much as Raq wanted to fall asleep, drift into something empty and unthinking, he apparently had a role to play. He had closed his eyes for only a sparse few moments before the flashmail alert went off pinging. Sighing he opened the message and scanned it quickly.
Flashmail!

Silverblade. The name didn’t sound familiar, but the fact that he addressed the two newcomers probably meant he knew what he was doing. He sighed again. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to attend the meeting, might provide a little more insight on the information the Wavemaster had given him before the whole thing in the room broke loose. He stood up, Dien asleep, and everyone else gone from the room except one person, partially hidden by the door. Hearing a noise, that person glanced over at the now standing figure of the Long Arm. It was none other than Sekai. Her eyes met his, and everything seemed to stand still.

Obviously she wasn't nearly the silent walker she used to be, the short statured girl thought ruefully to herself and turned around at the sound of something moving in the room. Raquar had woken himself up and their eyes met by accident, awkward silence and the inability to really know just what to say to clear the air or really, to say anything of use. She was the first to let her eyes drop, shifting her weight uncomfortably in the silence to the other foot as the effect of... well, whatever had happened started to wear off and her side began to preach its unhappy state. The Flashmail had confused her quite a bit but, if she and Raquar were to be called down there... perhaps Zan and Dien would be able to vouch for their usefulness as a whole.

"Thank you for getting Kira to retreat and I'm sorry that this had to happen." His family must be worried sick over him even as she spoke, Sekai thought to herself and looked out into the hallway. Uncertainty in her eyes and a sense of being defeated hung heavily in the air and mixed in with a sense of disappointment. It wasn't disappointment in him or anything that had to do with him; more that she was disappointed in herself for not being able to control even things that should have been within her ability to do so. One hand on the edge of the door frame, fingers curling around the wood as she tried to get used to the ability to feel everything, not just pain of getting hit in battle, in Kira's world... in her world now and she turned a bit to face him, trying to summon up a smile to encourage her teammate and friend. "We should see what's going on and what we should be able to do to contribute to the situation at hand."

She started to head out into the hallways, the last little bit mumbled to herself as she began to try and figure out which way this 'meeting room' was and exactly where everything was located.

"I still have a long way to go apparently."

She was the first to speak, the boy having averted his eyes right after she did. Her words cut, stung the very soul. Even after all he had done, she was still the same old Sekai, warm and comforting. It hurt. He didn't know whether it was her ignorance of the situation or her need to be the protector of the ones in her clan, but it stung nonetheless. She smiled up at him, before proceeding to walk to wherever this supposed meeting was being held. She had left her hand on the door on her way out, one that Raquar quickly covered to get his attention. Word's came tumbling out, his previously emotionless shell being swallowed by the wave of guilt and sorrow. "I'm sorry . . . this is all . . . my fault . . . if only I . . . had listened . . ." the words were quiet, dread more than a whisper, but his voice was not steady. It cracked, much like his trust in himself. "I condemned us to this fate . . ." quieter now, one had to concentrate to hear it, "I condemned Tiral to his too..."

It'd been quite a while since she'd actually had physical contact with someone other than Mika in the past... well, it'd been quite a long time, she'd just leave it at that. The warmth of another person's hand covering hers had her nearly falling over and losing her balance in her surprise and haste to turn around. This wasn't an unfamiliar situation and the image of the last time the two of them had been in a pretty dire situation, the dungeon they'd been comatosed in not withstanding, was all too fresh in her mind. She looked at his hand for a moment, swallowed hard and shoved her reluctance and the annoying anxiety ruthlessly back into the corner of her mind and let her free hand raise up and rest on top of the one holding hers to the door frame. "You warned Ko and I at the very beginning that things were likely going to get chaotic and ugly; that alone should tell volumes about your concern for your clansmen and friends. We chose to cast that warning aside and press onward ourselves."

Her hand moved from atop his, hesitating a little and shaking a bit as she reached up, standing on the tips of her feet in order to reach before she rested his hand on his cheek. Sekai's voice was cracking as well, shaky and husky with the promise of tears that would likely come in the future. She was attempting to make her voice sound a little stronger, a little firmer than she knew she was capable of at the moment. "Thank you for worrying and for caring enough to try. Tiral didn't know what would have happened, neither did any of us back then. We just-"

Her voice caught in her throat and her eyes stinging as she tried to break the habit she'd developed and stepped closer, leaning her forehead against his shoulder and forced herself to continue.

"-we just have to keep going. There's no other option left to us other than to keep going. Neither of us is to blame for the situation but we didn't count on feeling like it is our fault either."

The warmth of her hand against his face was suprising. It was comforing and reassuring. Her words . . . While apprecaited, it caused intense amounts of internal conflict. She forgave him, trusted him. Why shouldn't he be able to do the same? He closed his eyes, he would not cry. He had a responsibilty, to her, to himself, but most importantly, to Tiral. She moved closer, her head resting lightly against his shoulder. He shook, a few tears loosening themselves from his eyes. The warmth was unimaginable. No matter how much he told himself he shouldn't be entitled to this, he was. It was comforting, reassuring; he was with family. He spoke quieter, bearing the truth of what had really happened to not only himself, but to the companion that shared his fate. "That's . . . not entirely the truth . . . at the end of the field . . . I had a choice . . . Tiral was, well, he had been trapped somehow by the Ponderer, and . . . well . . . I had to choose whether he lived or died." To most, that would seem like an easy decision, no matter what the consequence was. "There . . . was a catch however. I . . . I had lost my memory. And . . . I made my choice to spite the ponderer, even though the thing told me that . . ." His voice dropped away, reaching its quietest level so far. "He told me that Tiral would meet a fate worse than death. And that two others would join him . . ." His voice trailed off, the tears flowing freely now.

She forgave and trusted him; but she had yet to do the same for herself. In that aspect they were the same, as they were in their grieving for their mistakes and for getting the other caught up in something that never should have happened in their opinion. That field had scarred them; the things that made them into who they were had been violated and thrown into their faces for them to look at. And to realize just how powerless they really were in the middle of some kind of war they had no understanding of. She was angry, scared and hurt by everything that had happened on levels she couldn't begin to try and explain even if she'd wanted to.

"They cheated." It was all she could manage to get out, eyes shutting tightly to try and dam the tears that were falling down her face, and her hand falling to his shoulder, gripping it as she shook with kept in sobs. It wasn't fair, that field had been designed to purposefully screw people over and for what purpose? For some war that innocent people could have stumbled in on and not have known, that thought the field was some kind of special event and been trapped, enslaved or condemned to a fate worse than death itself like Tiral had been.

"It was a deliberate setup; none of us had a chance and they knew that. The person or group responsible for that field,"

She hated this; all of it.

"they had no right to do this to any of us."

Her words rang true. It was all some sort of elaborate setup, some game of cat and mouse to those so-called Highers. He should've known that, especially after his close encounter in the first damn dungeon. The boy spoke again, still quietly but a little more solidly. "They had no right, but they did anyway. It's the kind of people they are." He paused, unsure of what to say next. There seemed to be some sort of mutual forgiveness between the two, and he looked skyward, promising to Tiral that he would release him from his destiny, someway, somehow. He pulled on the archer's arm, drawing her away from the door and towards the stairs. "C'mon, we've got a meeting to attend."
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:19 am

She knew Rayo was up to some good with his chalkboard and notes and fully intended on getting over there to learn what she could. Now that she knew the basics at last, she needed to catch up on the hacker side of things. And that would prove much more difficult.

Speaking of hacking...

Armina had to soak in quickly what this Silverblade who was not Nighthand was saying, nodding to show she was trying to understand. The part about Nighthand being called away by his father was what really interested her. But she would save questions about that for Nighthand himself.

Then there was the female -another she had never seen- standing over her. Another LongArm. Seeing that Armina smiled, running one hand through her short auburn locks. And she was still on her rump on the floor, new spear along the length of her body. Her smile broadened in a sheepish manner.

"I'm Armina!" She offered brightly, swinging up to her feet in the fluid motion of a gymnast and giving a pert curtsy. "You could say I'm re-new." The petite LongArm gave a laugh. "I've been out of the loop for a while."

Only her eyes showed a glimmer of her sadness, seeing so many new faces and so few old. Does that mean the ones missing are d....? But the telepath could not permit herself to even think it. Not if she wanted to stay optimistic. "Pleased to meet you, Senna. Well, not pleased, in the sense that you're stuck here too, but glad to meet you." She smiled with a giggle.

She felt Nall's thoughts before she saw him and Spun around with a smile and a wave for someone she knew that felt & looked similar to how she remembered. Rayo had not seemed to change... but then the WaveMaster had never exactly been warm had he? Then she squeaked softly with a jump as the Flashmail came, clearly unaccustomed to them still or again. She flashed an apologetic look at Senna before reading first Silverblade's, then jumping again (though less) and reading Rayo's. For some reason she gave a little squeal of delight and grabbed Hijinx by the arm while swinging her head in a 'come on' gesture. "I've not heard a battle tactic with 'chicken leg' or 'monkey' in the name for far too long!!"

Laughing she picked up a form and started to fill it out, quickly realizing that she had to restock on many items so she noted that for Rayo on the bottom of the form.

*Just got pulled from field by Hijinx, so I'd like to restock on spells and potions before heading out again. ^_^*[
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Senna
Awakened Player

Post by Senna » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:32 am

Having initiated the conversation by making her rather long-winded (for her) greeting, Senna was unsure why actually getting an answer surprised her. The answer was bright and much happier than the sort of conversations she was getting used to having anymore.

"I'm Armina!" the woman said, getting to her feet in a movement that reminded Senna of a modern dancer, and solidified that impression by curtseying. "You could say I'm re-new. I've been out of the loop for a while."

Senna nodded and repeated, “Re-new.” The word, or perhaps the concept, make her chuckle as well. Re-new.

"Pleased to meet you, Senna. Well, not pleased, in the sense that you're stuck here too, but glad to meet you." Armina certainly seemed more… well, upbeat was the only word she could come up with. Re-new. She’d been in the game a while then. Long enough to have been a part of the group, have drifted away, and have come back again.

So it IS possible to survive in this condition on your own!

She quashed the thought and felt something unusual on her face – for the first time in a while, a genuine smile. “Likewise,” She replied. And it was true. The stray thought about surviving without the group had been far more to the forefront earlier, and she imagined she would still come back to it once in a while. She owed it, to give this a try. To attempt to help the others. To attempt to be more than just another warm body to throw at problems.

Armina went to do her own thing, and Senna found that the Wavemaster (Why was it the magic users she met were never labeled by name in her mind?) had walked up. Whether he had moved quietly or she was just not paying very good attention, the result was the same. She felt mildly surprised, but her improving mood caused her to actually smile again and accept without questioning the small gift bag he handed her, along with a line that stated his thoughts without overly much wording. She said “Thanks” and meant that too, even before she opened the little package and saw just how useful they might be. She’d never actually had scrolls of this type in her possession before. Interesting.

Feeling her active socialization had just about been used up for the time being, Senna returned to the middle of the room, wondering idly what the next place would be like. Her mind could supply some vivid suggestions if she let it.

She decided not to let it.

The down side of that, as anyone trying NOT to think of something can attest, was that she needed to find something else to think about to replace the thing she was trying to blot out. As often happened, her mind drifted back a little, in a manner of speaking. She found an open space by a wall and sat there, weapon propped against the wall beside her (Really, was there a more annoying weapon to lug around than a spear?) The room, crowded with mostly people she didn’t know, was replaced by a scene both seen and unseen, a scene of white snow and blue sky and cool, crisp air with a hint of a bite to it. The entirely of what had taken place there wasn’t replayed – her mind didn’t work in such concrete ways, and as a result she often could remember only impressions and sometimes words from even important events.

This event was suffused with the feeling of patience, an air of learning, of trying something new. A reassuring voice. The feel of the snow (not quite so real, then) as she fell. The clatter of ice-coated branches clicking against one another in a strong breeze. A good memory. A calming one. And even now, it was a memory that made her love The World. She might not like the new reality of it, but that didn’t change the fact that the game was a reality, even before she got stuck in it. The game was life in bits and bytes. The friends made here were really friends, the hurt feelings or bonds formed just as affecting.

A chime alerted her to yet another Flashmail. She opened it and read it at her leisure, not being in any real hurry until the meeting was called to order. And, lucky her, the Flashmail actually offered her something to do to use up that time between now and the meeting. Clambering to her feet with considerably less grace than Armina had shown, she followed the aforementioned and Jinx into the meeting room.

She took her seat and looked at the small form. It was like taking some weird form of a pop quiz in class, she thought. REALLY weird. Most of the time, quizzes were on what the teacher knew and wasn’t sure YOU knew. In this case, the one who passed out the sheets was the one searching for more information. Ah well. She set about working on it. This would take some time.

After all – and here she was again thinking back to the snowy field – she prided herself not on a concentration in a type of spell or skill, but in covering a wide variety of them. She might not be a big help in any situation, but she also figured she had a little something for almost EVERY situation.

And so she set to work.
Senna, level 33 Long Arm (710 HP/180 SP)
Most common kit: Ichigou, Racoon Earcaps, Air Bracer, Snow Panther, Winter Coat, Graceful Book
Spells/Skills: (Critical Hit/Death) Repulse Cage, Ap Corv, Ap Vorv, Rai Rom, Rue Zot, La Repth
Click for full equipment and items
14300 (1/23)

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:38 pm

Suzaku watched her master’s body as Phoenix fought a battle of the mind for his very survival. She was worried for quite a bit as she felt that her AI persona, Miaka was erased from his mind but in the end, he prevailed. She detected nothing of the darkness that plagued Phoenix’s mind from the first day she met him. The guardian was ecstatic that her efforts were rewarded with the resurrection of the hero that she has always felt within him. Somehow, she knew that he will not be happy once he wakes up. A moment later, Suzaku saw movement coming from Phoenix.

The blademaster began to open up his eyes and saw that he was still in the meeting room. He noticed the four orange cones that surround him like an area that should be avoided at all costs. I can only think of one person would do such a thing. That damn rabbit. Why she did had to ruin my victory? Then he looked at his left side and saw that Dagaz rune was embedded into his hand along with the Ingrez rune on his right. Phoenix still was feeling a bit weak and decided to answer his unread flashmails since the sound was bothering him a bit.

Phoenix read the flashmail which was from Zan. Basically, he wanted info on the hub that he and some of the others that went to before they decided to give up on it and rejoin with the others. The second flashmail was from the Silverblade aka the AI whose has Nighthand’s body at the moment. So even Nighthand has his own AI problems too. But he did mention something interesting though. I could be wrong about Marionette being a third party. If it is a part of the Elites, then why he want to help us? There’s so much information that we need to know about Marionette before we could figure out an aim of its goals.

The third flashmail was just Rayo writing down some stuff about the hub. Phoenix thought to take a look at it once he read the rest of these flashmails. The next flashmail was going to make Phoenix blow up a minute. The flashmail was basically read that for everyone available to gather in the meeting room. Before he could digest the rest of the flashmail, the blademaster immediately decided to get off the floor and saw that people were already sitting down in the chairs.

Phoenix was speechless as he saw Nighthand/Silverblade, Nall, Sheena, Raine, Zan, Rayo, Zhao Xun, Senna, and Armina all sitting down. He looked at his bird and asked her a quick question. Suzaku, did you tell these guys about my situation? I did but they did not show up at all. Sorry Kazuma-sama, I should have been more forceful about it.

That’s ok. I doubt force would have done something about it. At least you tried your best at helping me. Then Phoenix blew up at the people in the meeting room.

“Did I do something so wrong to all of you that you did nothing for me? I was unconscious on the floor here. I know that Hijinx was the one who put those cones around me and expect nothing for her but some of you, I expected much more. I’m apologized to the people who don’t know for this but the rest of you, I’m disappointed. Before I do something stupid, I’m going to train for a bit. When I come back, I’ll continue to rant about this with everyone else.”

With that angry statement, Phoenix bolted out of the meeting room with Suzaku flying behind of him. Before he headed towards the stairs of the training room, he looked at the chalk board that Rayo wrote down on his experiences of the hub. The blademaster felt that there was nothing else to add to the hub and took note about Rayo’s powers. After reading the chalk board, he remembered about the other flashmails since the last one made him so mad at the party. The fifth flashmail was from Rayo that he wanted everyone to write down their capabilities. The final flashmail was from Dien who wanted to be left alone as he tried to sleep.

Rayo’s flashmail reminded Phoenix to get some Mage’s Souls before he headed out again. He stopped at the item shop and bought some Mage’s Souls along with some other items before he went downstairs to the training room. Well Suzaku, this is how some people deal with their anger. He inputted the parameters of the training program and trained until the meeting started.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Sekai
Ikkitousen
Class: Archer

Post by Sekai » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:16 pm

So much had happened in so little amount of time that, had the familiar ping of a Flashmail not distracted her, Sekai might have very well just taken the sheets, pillow and blanket and gone underneath one of the beds in the far corner to keep herself out of sight and to get some privacy for her thoughts to settle. Blinking in surprise and pausing a moment to read the new message, she'd hoped against hope that it might have been a message from Ko or from Mika's new account and character named Sana. Disappointment was a bit of an understatement when it came to viewing who the sender was and her body language alone showed how much she'd wanted it to be someone familiar and comforting to her. Before she'd been able to really concentrate on it, the softly whispered 'Arigatou' from the Blademaster had her whirling around, wide-eyed and startled as she watched him slip into what was probably a well deserved nap. As it was she didn't know whether to laugh, cry or start apologizing feverishly for going off as she had and ask that the young man not hold her words spoken from frustration against her. Apparently, she'd have to be just a little more careful when she spoke her native language, otherwise she was going to come across as someone unreliable when she couldn't afford to anymore.
Flashmail!

Nall, Sheena, and Raine. Those were the other three who were called hackers by Dien himself and they'll be in this meeting; perfect.

'I... I know you despise hackers but, please Kira; please don't go attacking these people. They said in their Flashmail that they want to help us and us to help them in return!'

You'd trust the words of hackers and hacker allies? Little one, they're the entire reason why you and Raquar are stuck here in The World and comatose in the first place. I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them in your body.

Unfortunately, the argument had to be put on hold due to the hand that had covered her own. Surprise had taken her off-guard and the events that followed only served to be the icing on the cake that was called pressure and responsibility. A long heartfelt and terribly heart-wrenching confession from Raquar followed by her instinctive reaction to try and soothe his guilt because, well, it only served to add to her own sense of failure. And besides, she thought to herself during the entire conversation, as broken by tears and the inability to speak above a whisper as it was, not only was he her friend, he was also still a member of the Army of Darkness, of her clan, and therefore also her responsibility as well to make sure his morale was kept as high as possible. Speaking of the Army of Darkness, she needed to let the Commander know at least a little of what happened, that way he wouldn't think they were deserting or anything of the sort. But first, making sure Raquar would be alright was her top priority; then it'd be time for the stream of Flashmail to be sent out to reassure everyone that she and Raquar were alright, shaken, but alright.

"They had no right, but they did anyway. It's the kind of people they are."

It wasn't something Sekai easily understood but was gradually being shown after her rather sheltered life. Home schooling until she was fifteen, taking the high school entrance exams and defying her mother's insistence that she attend one of the private schools. Learning the hard way what being unusual in a public school would mean and learning about the escape from her problems that took the form of a simple game called 'The World'. Meetings and partings, discovering terror and finding ways to combat it... Learning to trust, reeling back from betrayal, breaking apart and having to pick up the pieces, beginnings and endings.... was that was what life and being human was about? Only that? If so then, why did some people defy that purpose and only go after other people and toy with them like they were things to be broken and tossed away after the entertainment value had faded? The time to grieve over the situation wouldn't last and couldn't; there was a meeting they needed to get to and the tug on her arm from Raquar only shook her out of her own thoughts to focus on the present and what needed to be done in the here and now. He'd been looking skyward, though stuck in the building as they were, and seemed to have made some kind of peace or promise to himself that had him set and going forward. Sekai followed his eyes with hers, frowning a little because she hadn't been able to see whatever it was that had given him such resolve in the first place.

"C'mon, we've got a meeting to attend."

She gave a little nod as a response, following a little behind him and taking the time to note what way they were going and tried to make a little mental map in her mind for future reference. Maybe this was what a tourist felt like in a foreign city? Her thoughts drifted, mind elsewhere as she began constructing the first of three Flashmails she needed to send. This one was tough only because, well, as her superior and because of certain memories that made her shudder even to this day, she had the need to be as formal, impersonal and professional as possible when writing to the Commander of the Army of Darkness.
To: Sasuke
Subject: Reporting In
Please excuse the interruption Commander, Operations Officer Sekai reporting in with some information concerning the status of Sergeant Raquar and myself. We are... temporarily out of commission due to a series of events and circumstances that have landed us in the company of several individuals who are in a similar if not the very same situation we have found ourselves in. I will do my best to attempt to secure a meeting time and place if you are in need of any more information pertaining to this message. Until then, please excuse our absences from this time until we are able to return to the mansion and report in.

Respectfully yours,

Operations Officer Sekai of the Army of Darkness
You never answered me.

'What am I supposed to say? You expect me just to trust that you're always right and, while I believe you whole-heartedly about 95% of the time-

And when the hell have I been wrong about my hunches?! I don't like these people and no, it's not just because they're hackers eith-

Why won't you just shut up and trust me for once?! '

Raquar had likely gone on ahead, the girl having given a go-ahead as she followed slowly behind him due to the effort of concentrating on watching where she was going, making note of things, trying not to aggravate the kidney that was still giving her problems and argue with one rather pissed off and cranky AI who was giving her a migraine. The way she'd snapped at Kira had sent the both of them reeling in surprise from the burst of anger behind the words. Silence took over the mind and their connection, Sekai momentarily slumping against the wall to catch her breath and angrily shove back the tears of frustration that stung her eyes and had her cheeks burning. For goodness sake, she'd cried too much today and frankly, she didn't want to go into that meeting looking like a blubbering little girl who'd lost her mother and wasn't capable of taking care of herself. Something was happening in the room just about seven yards or so ahead of her, one of the male members had apparently been wronged in some way or another and let the rest of the room he was in have his opinion of their decisions or... well, something, she didn't know.

“Did I do something so wrong to all of you that you did nothing for me? I was unconscious on the floor here. I know that Hijinx was the one who put those cones around me and expect nothing from her but some of you, I expected much more. I’m apologizing to the people who don’t know for this but the rest of you, I’m disappointed. Before I do something stupid, I’m going to train for a bit. When I come back, I’ll continue to rant about this with everyone else.”

All she caught was a furious burst of movement and a temporary flash of short red hair before the figure vanished from her sight and around the opposing corner. Her frustration and hurt temporarily distracted by the rather... sudden explosion of temper, the small girl with white hair sighed, leaned against the wall and closed her eyes a moment. Her hands came up and massaged her temples as she tried to clear the fuzziness around her brain and the lethargy that was stealing into her muscles and making her limbs feel like lead. Another Flashmail arrived for her as she'd been about ready to send off the second of the three she'd needed to write, pausing in her writing to examine the body of this particular message. Apparently one of them wanted a list of what each person had available in terms of items, skills and equipment and had put out some kind of paper for every person to fill out. Might make things just a little bit easier, she thought to herself with a bit of a sigh and another rub of her temples.
To: Ko_Inuyasha
Subject: (none)
We're okay. Please don't come looking for us. Stay safe.

Don't worry.
What the hell is with that? You know he's going to come firing back at you pissed as hornets and ready to shake you stupid for that message.

'He can be as angry with me as he would like to be; that still doesn't change my resolution of not letting him get involved any further into this. You and I have caused far too much trouble for him, he doesn't need to know any more than I've given him.'

...pounding in her ears and eyes focused only on her goal at the moment, she canceled and shoved Kira back to where they were joined in within her mind, kept her there and threw all her weight into knocking Ko_Inuyasha over-

No, Sekai thought to herself and shuddered at the memory of the panic she'd gone through and how she'd been unable to breathe when that code had beelined straight for her tough-as-nails and gruff friend. If... if he were truly her friend, then he would understand, would have to when it came down to the fact that she'd simply had no choice but to take him out of the picture and out of harm's way. She shook her head, it'd be lonely for sure around here and without the loud Heavyblade taunting Kira and getting into some kind of argument or competition... she didn't know how she'd be able to handle it. Kira would probably want to leave and look around or slip away when she was too tired to protest and fell into the uncertainty of sleep to see what she could find out about the situation. Raquar... he was trying to be strong and he was likely doing a much better job of it than she was at the moment and probably would for a long time yet.

'No thinking along those lines. I have to stand up to be stronger, break free from this negative pattern and get something accomplished. You can't afford to have any weaknesses now; you have to be as solid as the rock around us and then some.'

There we go, a pep talk to strengthen her reserves and her resolution. There may not have been a goal in sight for her right now but... surely one would present itself in a reasonable amount of time? Sekai finished schooling herself and convincing herself that what she was doing in alienating Ko, her Commander and- shit. She'd forgotten to send the one to Mika. Not time to go into the room just yet; not when she needed to write this one just as carefully as she had with Sasuke and Ko's own; try to ease her worry and tell her not to fret too much.

And not to come looking or investigating any further.
To: Sana
Subject: (no subject)
Don't wait for me.
As painful as that had been to send, deep inside her heart, Sekai knew she was doing the right thing by making sure that the connections she had weren't there for this time and for the immediate future. There would be no turning back now; all she could do was keep going forward until either she could go no further and faded from existence, she was released along with the rest of the people trapped here in the comatose state, or... well, whatever option she had left happened. Biting her lip and taking a deep breath, one hand carefully against her left side to shield it, damn, it felt swollen, she didn't even want to look and see if it actually was physically so, Sekai began to walk towards the open door to the meeting room and kept Dien's request for notes to be taken to heart. She'd want someone to do the same if she would have been too tired to stay through a meeting.

You're making a mistake with those Flashmail you've sent.

'I'm going to protect them in my own way. They... they shouldn't wait anyways or try getting any more involved than they are already. Mika and Ko have families who need them; who am I to say my need for companionship is more important than keeping them where they belong?'

That... for some reason, Kira couldn't manage to find an argument for and once again fell silent, wondering just what in the six levels of unholy Hell her little one was doing. And if she was planning on somehow getting rid of her as well. Not that she'd go without one hell of a fight, no, she'd stay there unless the girl managed to get someone to force her out and find a way to keep her out. Even then, she'd stay by her little one's side as she'd been doing the entire year she'd known the girl and had spent in her body and mind taking care of her.

She was the girl's first Guardian; and she'd be damned if she'd let herself be removed from that position that easily.

At the door, Sekai found herself suddenly shy and not exactly up to the task of entering the room on her own. Blasted false bravado, the young woman muttered silently to herself and bit her lip in her usual nervous habit and looked into the room by her place by the door frame to see what was in the room from that angle. A woman who seemed to be pretty, um, close to the rather uncomfortable looking man in the seat next to her, Raquar was over in his own place, she didn't see Zan anywhere and wondered where the unusual player, wolf-man as Kira supplied helpfully within her mind, was seated or if he'd even entered the room in the first place. Another player was sitting in the middle section or so it looked in the room, frowning because she couldn't see what his Class was, the girl took a good look at herself, what she was wearing and looked like and wondered for a moment just what people generally classified her as.

Wavemaster probably. You're a innocent looking girl with long hair, big eyes and incredibly short. Almost the stereotypical sad girl in the sno- ooo aren't you being the little sly one. You almost had me fooled with the whole not having the wings out in the open, you're getting more clever as time goes on little one.

Oh crap, she panicked and shook her head, mentally pleading with the rather devilishly smiling woman she could see in her mind's eye as the AI poofed from where she'd been and started the odd crawling-feeling like movement towards the girl's back.

'No, please, don't do it! Kira, I'm serious don't do i-'

Ffwp. Hanging her head and seriously considering the urge to beat herself unconscious against the wall, Sekai watched the small cloud of feathers hit the ground as Kira popped the wings out of her inventory with an all too cheerful singing-hum inside her head and did whatever the hell she managed to do to make it so that Sekai couldn't remove them. Kneeling down and carefully, subtly tucking each of the feathers that had fallen to the floor into her hand and back into her inventory, Sekai stood up and managed to control the Gods-be-damned things to lie flat and folded against her back and tried to arrange her thigh length hair over the wings to hide them. Maybe, just maybe people would think she'd just have seriously long and thick hair?

Ahh but thick hair doesn't trail itty bitty little fluffy feathers.

'I want to know who gave you a Mage's Soul and I want to know now so that I can tell that person off and never to do it again.

Bah, just get your pretty little ass into the room and fill your little sheet out.

She slipped into the room as quietly as she could, careful to choose a spot in the furthest upper corner to seclude herself in and took one of the papers to fill out for what she had in her inventory. No eye contact and keep yourself silent, she told herself, examining the list in her inventory and jotting down the appropriate items and the like. Scrolls; offensive types were the only ones she had and were divided by three elements. Rue, Vak and Juk. She had two Level Two equivalent spells for the Juk, one Level Two for the Rue, and the rest were level one Vak and level one Rue. Healing item wise... she had twenty of the HP restoring and ten of the MP restoring kind. Status changing... let's see, she checked down the list, ahh, ten reviving, nine magic-status removers, five physical status removers, ten elemental boosters between Vak and Juk, four magical attack enhancers and two physical stat enhancers.

It was surprising to see her inventory grow like that, she thought to herself, blinking in surprise to see really just how much she actually had on her.

Armor. Well, she was currently equipped with the full set of level twenty six Juk-based armor and would be sure to make good use out of it, one piece of armor that would reduced someone's Gan abilities, three pieces of light head armor that had La Repth and, the one she had equipped, that had Rip Maen on there. Then there was the Silver Bracer with her one Rai spell on it. That seemed to be it for that... sadly. The weapon section brought a bit of a smile to the girl's face, considering she had a complete collection of every single bow and crossbow available for her class? Yes, she had a reason to smile. Because with that collection; she had access to all six elements and had every single level one and level two Archer skill available on the market.

Satisfied with the way she'd written things, the barely five foot in height Archer carefully slid the paper forward on to the next chair and retreated back to her place, knees drawing up to her chest and her chin resting against her knees as she tried to keep herself awake for the meeting that would start. But damn, it was hard when you had sedatives in your system from the surgery they were likely prepping her for. She didn't even realize her wings had poofed out to the sides, lazily drooping in relaxation as she felt herself drifting off. A few loose feathers hitting the ground as she struggled to keep her eyes from closing.

'I wonder if that means I'll feel the knife cutting into me and removing my kidney....'

Wait, what?!

A rather disturbed and distressed look appeared on the girl's face as her eyes snapped wide open and she sat a little straighter in her seat. What the, there wasn't going to be anything more to that thought right... right?

Name: Sekai
Level: 54
EXP: 0000/1000
Class: Archer
Clan: Army of Darkness
HP: 835
SP: 347

Currently Equipped:

Einherjar: Kira, December, Zorya

Head: Bat Earrings (Ola Repth 40, Rip Maen 40)
Body: Saint Cross (Rue Zot 10, RaJuk Zot 30)
Arm: Protect Ring (Ap Vorma 15, MeJuk Kruz 20)
Leg: Ninja Anklet (BiVak Rom 20, GiGan Zot 30)
Add-Ons: Forestlore, Wood Magic (permanently raised Wood Offense/Defense by +3 total)

Wishlist: Levels, Summon: Wood, Archer Weapons, Light Armor