Enter the World through the Lambda Server

Moderator: Nighthand

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:52 pm

As Phoenix was at close to the top of the pile, he felt damage from the kick along with the needles that it affected everyone. Luckily, Rayo’s stat enhancements helped soften some of the damage along with being a heavy class player. The needles were designed to hit multiple targets as it passed through Phoenix’s body to reach the others. His body was hurt but it was nothing he could deal with. The blademaster’s former powers always gave him a backlash of pain when used. He never thought that all that pain would be great training when he fights against the big boys like Angel. His first course of action was at least heal some of the damage caused by the pet’s attack. Phoenix cast a La Repth on the party which had various effects on the party depending how much they annoyed Angel.

Kazuma-sama, are you okay?

Yeah, Suzaku. I had better days than this but at least I survive the first attack. So it seems that golden aura around Angel protects her from nearly all attacks. Her pet is the primary target for the moment. I don’t think Angel is going to do anything against us at the moment.

I noticed that my spell had various effects on you guys. It got stronger through repeated castings but it’s only at half-strength. So even stat-enhanced spells and healing spells are affected as well. This is a weird battle.

Suzaku, Angel is truly playing by equal revenge rules. It’s literally an eye for an eye. Get involved in the battle and suffer the consequences or not get involved and watch everyone getting beaten to death slowly. Well it’s time to get back into action. Suzaku, since you’re a part of Angel’s game now, your attacks should be effective against her pet. Distract it while I get off the pile and help make an attack on it. Hopefully the others will take advantage of my engagement against the pet.

Suzaku began a new offensive against Angel’s pet with her fire breath while Phoenix managed to remove himself from the pile which Hacorie was the only person on top of him. The blademaster made sure not to be too rough with Hacorie as he removed himself with the pile. Before going back into action, Phoenix told Hacorie something.

“It’s an eye for an eye. More you become involved, the more effective your attacks will be. Target only the pet. See in the battle.”

With that statement, Phoenix ran towards Angel’s pet with Suzaku distracting it with her last remaining fire breath before she became nearly depleted of SP. Attacking from behind, the blademaster used Ani Revolver to shift its attention from his pet to himself. The attack was successful as Angel’s pet was now focused on Phoenix. The blademaster did not want to waste another attack at the moment as he concentrated on defending against its attack. He was trying to the others to get back into the battle and come up with a plan. His best hope that the others who are not involved in the battle would stay back until the time came when Angel would drop the eye for an eye law of the room.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:34 am

Slice after slice, attack after attack was fell upon Angel with success - in terms of making contact, that is. Despite the fact that the impact of the blows sent the Guardian back time and time again, it was obvious to Zan within a few seconds that she wasn't in pain. Either she had an immense tolerance to harm or, going off of the effects of assaults from other party members, something about her golden aura was protecting her from damage of any kind. Due to this, the Heavy Blade's whole pursuit of Marionette Angel proved pointless and disheartening. If he had paid more attention, earlier attention, perhaps his effect on the boss would have been more immense. For a person that had been designated the group's powerhouse, Zan was hardly living up to the role. Though the lycanthrope currently resided within his human shape and the Rage was but an insect in comparison to his War Form, the fruitlessness of his attempts was enough to spark even that. It made him grit his teeth with such pressure as he began to back away until he thought they'd shatter like brittle glass in his mouth. The grip on his Ghostdancer was iron tight and painful. Eyes, previously a cool glacial color, had begun to burn like twin amber gems in their sockets. Snarling, vocal cords ringing with a tone that wasn't remotely human, it took all of his preciously earned control not to lose himself in frenzy. Breathe. Breathe.

As much as I'd hate to interrupt your mantra session, I think we're about to face a counterattack.

Zan didn't have time to shoot back any mental questioning. Not a second after the warning had been issued, a sleeping, twirling metal gimp was rounding up her closely gathered attackers in a funnel of force. Though Zan was one of the last to fall prey to the strength of it, feet planted with unnatural strength (backed by the Ap Corv that still ran hot through his veins) into the ground, eventually he was gathered into the amassing, unavoidable collection of players. Like it was nothing, like they were nothing, Angel whipped them into a heap in the corner. Nulus landed on top of the lycanthrope in a bundle of a tattered, dark green cloak growling curses into the open air. Zan ignored the sailor as he tried to get to his feet and see what was going on. Like an abusive dog owner, Angel called her slave back to her side and a delivered a punch that called her golden aura down the chain and into the one who had slept through the whole event. Like magic, the pet was wide awake. The Lycan pondered a way to manipulate this, but his contemplations were cut short by the pet-turned-harpoon that was again heading for them. The Freedom Fighters in the corner had only barely begun to regain their footing with a feather-wielding, flipping shape managed to kick the gathering in a way that impacted them all. Once again Nulus was smashing into Zan and, once again, curses flew out of his mouth in rapid succession.

Before Zan or his partner could even right themselves from that, however, the feathers had turned into a shower of tiny needles that stabbed into the pair like some sort of super powered porcupine. When the tiny objects fell out and disappeared into code, leaving the werewolf grunting in pain and a little unsteady on his feet, Zan was surprised at the wash of blue light that fell over him and healed some of the wounds he had endured. Thankful for whoever it was that had cast it, he took their lead and temporarily swapped out equipment to cast the same spell again, hoping those that needed it would gain from the spell properly. This, and his own natural healing abilities, had him at full Hit Points once more and ready to face the she-devil that was Angel. The first obstacle, in Zan's eyes anyway, that needed to be tackled was the conundrum of her golden aura. The color gave him a silly idea, but it was still a place to start. Maybe her weakness, as she had called it, was this shield's weakness to. Gathering ten Gold Pieces in his hand, the lycanthrope tossed them quickly at the boss, praying for some sort of difference. To his annoyance, and minor embarrassment, the money simply disappeared. The aura, as far as he could tell, hadn't remotely changed. So, if her weakness wasn't getting more of it, maybe it would lie in losing what she had.

Nulus, leave the room, if you can, and unleash some hell in the house. Maybe doing some damage will lessen her defense.

Oooh, Nulus likey.

Zan watched as his partner parted the group and tried to leave, some sort of invisible barrier almost preventing his passing. However, after some struggle, the Shade burst through and began his quest in the hall. Keeping his defenses up, Ghostdancer held at the ready, the Lycan watched as his comrade dragged his knife-like fingers along the walls to either side, back and forth and up and down. This went on until the entire expanse of the hallway walls were carved up into damaged ribbons. Not a minute later and the quick-working Shade emerged back into room number six...to find that nothing had changed. Nothing that would help them, anyway. The one thing that had was his recruitment into the group of targeted individuals. Though he had been hurt by the whirlwind round up, it had been merely a thing of proximity. Now, it seemed, his antics had earned him as much focus as Zan or Rayo or anyone else that had done some serious damage to a room. God damn it. The itch of hopelessness came back, but was dismissed just as soon, Zan refusing to fall prey to another potential Rage-inflicted fit. Now was not the time for him to lose it. Phoenix chose then to speak up, calling for a plan of focus on the pet. Though it might not have been the correct answer to their problem, it had enough promise in it that Zan decided to go ahead with it. Hopefully, if killing the metallic pet wasn't the answer, than somebody else would find what was.

Calling into memory what the curing of the status had done to the aura before, Zan decided that was the last plan to put into action before his assault on the Shiny Gimp began. The Lovers card was tossed into the air at the pet, hoping against hope that it would come to fruition. When it did, when the icon appeared over the creature's head and the caused it to fly at its master, Zan grinned. Looks like Angel was in for a nice surprise. With the pet still in flight, the lycanthrope quickly turned towards his pet and whispered the plan. Once Marionette Angel realized what was wrong and cured it with her golden glow, they'd have a very small window during which damage could be done. The werewolf would have typed out a Flashmail to the others, to get them in on the plan, but there simply wasn't enough time. Nulus' job would be to fly in the very second Angel lost her protection and deliver as much damage as possible. Just in case a whirlwind was to come, however, Zan was going to stay back and cast a few MeRue Roms when the shield left. The plan on the whole seemed smart to Zan, as smart as anything else he could have come up with anyway. This belief in potential brilliance was shattered the moment Angel suddenly appeared behind her pet, a move that wrapped it up in its own chain. The boss facing Zan, he got the perfect view of the total nothing that happened.

Yes, the pet was cured of the Charmed status, but the aura didn't leave Angel once in the process. That theory was blown out of the water messily and mercilessly. To make things worse, the chain was yanked in a fashion that sent Gimpy spinning like a top towards Zan - a very spiky top. Feathers that had been used to abuse the group before were splayed and eager to cause damage. The distance between Zan and the pet, as well as the speed at which she approached made dodging the incoming object impossible. Nulus was able to dodge it in time, but the werewolf simply wasn't that lucky. Deep gashes erupting over the surface of his skin, blood spattering in a shine through the air, he was sent reeling into the wall as the pet was recalled. Thudding against the dojo-like surface, Zan grunted a fall to his knees and his hands in turn. Fuck. That hurt. Yet another temporary swap of equipment and an Ol Repth cured him of the attack's physical effects. The heightened level of his annoyance, however, was still very much intact. With a will forged through the death of the Shadow's Pack at his own hands, Zan shrugged the anger off. Like before, with Devil, the werewolf and his partner converged on the pet with a synchronized grace that came with the intimate linking of their minds. Thoughts lost words and became lightning fast blurs of images and emotions, concepts and understandings. Though they attacked in fluid unison, the Shade did so from the air, heeding the bird's advantage during the last assault.

The crescendo of the practiced teamwork came with the call of Kannon from the Ghostdancer's skill list, flames erupting over the tree-like blade and attempting to deliver blow after ignited blow (still backed by the Ap Corv, Ap Do and Ap Torv) against the God-forsaken pet.

Zan and Nulus weren't down and out yet. Not by a long shot.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:44 pm

(Taking a point from Phoenix's flashmail, Canti had already gone to the room that Zhao destroyed and placed the picture there to receive every level-one spell in existence - minus summon scrolls - in a big ole' oaken box. Now, it was time to apply the logic that, hey, this key ought to fit in the one room that they hadn't gone through around here yet. The stairs were kinda' locked to, but...knowing Marionette's game, you gotta try out the whole shebang before ya go on. So, in a fit of boredom, Canti stepped over to Room Six and fiddled with the lock, mumbling something about 'skeleton keys', since the key had come from The Skeleton of Cadavra Cave. Don't know that one? Well, it was a deliberate spoof thing, really. Go check it out and pick up some atmospherium while you're at it. It's in the Amish Terrerrium. Anyway, back to Canti, whose messing about produced an unlocked door, which he opened. No sooner had he done so than Nighthand FMed everyone about the fact that the room was open and that soon brought people in where he was. The Twin Blade had stepped inside before anyone else, having opened it up in the first place, and was first to see that, yup, it was battle time. Angel was in the room, looking like she was about to hurt someone. And she would, without a doubt. Canti waited against the wall as people began to sift inside. Once the guilty parties were there, she spoke.)

Canti: Holy shit, but I was right... Man oh man, I'll never go against my instincts again...

(A tirade against the five, announcing their sins to the letter. She was more than just pissed. She had moral outrage against the five of them, apparently doing as he'd figured would happen. If all of them had been more careful, or at least not stupid, Angel would have let them go, this round, and they wouldn't have to do anything. Much as he knew that it was inevitable that they fight, Canti would rather have seen Sekai's plan work. It was one thing to be a bastard, but he'd now helped in probably killing people. maybe he hadn't made the final blow, but it was no different to a mob beating someone to death. Thus, the Twin Blade was, in no way, looking forward to this fight. If it didn't involve him, then screw it. The room was sealed by rays of light and Angel produced a pet-creature of some kind, an angelic warrior on a leash. How weird is that...? Well, so be it. Canti remained where he was for the moment, arms crossed. Not his fight. A couple of mails circulated from the group, having to do with the battle that was now taking place. Seemed it was about the way Angel was specifically tuned to the ones who did wrong only. Hmmm... That was interesting... Keeping out of the actual battle's way, he went over to the doorway and put his hand into the light. Into...and through...without harm.)

Canti: Holy crap... Maybe I'm not the bastard I once was...

(Then, he got another message.)

Flashmail!

To: Sekai, Senna, Lord Canti
RE: Don't

Don't put yourselves in danger for our sake. We've endangered you all, now we'll protect you all.

That's what you told me to do, right, Canti? All three of you, stay safe. Please.

~Zhao

End Flashmail!

(He replied to it, but only after thinking about it for a second. Those who got into this should fight the fight because they earned it. Maybe he was being selfish, but if the team were acting more team-like, there wouldn't be destroyed rooms, stolen articles, and a pissed off Guardian. That's the truth. Ye reapeth as is sown...)

TO: Zhao
SUBJECT: Ayup

Keep in mind, though, there's something I wanna try. If she's being this reasonable, maybe I can get her to quit.

(And with that, Canti leaned himself against the wall next to the doorway, watching the battle. Hard to believe that the fallen angel of the group could be the one who was innocent, or ONE of the ones... This all felt wrong, but...he wasn't going to do much about it. It was Marionette's game... They couldn't do anything about it. The group was being instructed by Phoenix to target Angel's pet instead of the Guardian herself, but...that wouldn't help much. She had four forms, much like the other two. Canti grew more and more uncomfortable with this as time drew on. There was...one way to find out, beyond the shadow of a doubt, if there was anything he could do, but...)

Canti: I don't like the taste of it at all. Still...if I didn't ask, someone else would.

TO: Marionette
SUBJECT: This Guardian

What would I guy have to do to make Angel free from whatever grip you have on her? I don't mean the release of death. I mean never having to call you 'Master' anymore, and getting on with her life, whatever that may be. I want to know what it would take to guarantee that she no longer works under you in anyway, completely of her own free will, even if that happens to lead her to joining the Freedom Fighters.
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Zhao Xun
Elevated Player

Post by Zhao Xun » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Battered, tossed, and torn. That was the state we were all in following Angel's initial set of attacks. We were gathered, thrown aside, and then pierced by... well, whatever it was I couldn't see through the pile of people on top of me. They hurt whether I could see them or not, so wondering about their make or origin wasn't at the top of my priority list. Fighting back, however, was.

Phoe's healing spell took care of the first thing I had been planning on, rejuvenating my damaged body and healing both the bruises from the rough treatment we'd received and the small holes that now covered my torso. Already the doubts that had been festering in my mind about the lack of teamwork in the group began to recede, as even Hacorie seemed ready to join with Zan and fight for what we were all seeking in the end. We had begun this fight as a team, and we would continue it that way... at least, those of us who had brought all this crashing down upon our heads.

I heard the quite dinging sound of a new flashmail, and opened it quickly to check the contents. Sure enough, a response from one of those I'd pleaded with, and it was even the one I'd been looking for. Canti'd even been kind enough to keep everything short and sweet, which I appreciated ever more during a heated battle. However... get her to quit? He was being optimistic... too much so. Whether or not he had a plan, I wasn't about to let up in the least. There's no way in hell he'll get Angel to stop her attack. So... I have to keep fighting. Whether he likes it or not.

Wiping even those thoughts of determination from my mind, I made the shift to full battle mode. I felt his blood coursing through me, his mindset replaced my own... I called upon everything that made him a superior combatant to me, even after I'd assimilated his movements. My usual expression was replaced by one of sheer determination to emerge victorious. I was nearly overcome by the urge to simply let go, to give in to the instincts I'd gained from him when I became dominant, but I remained in control with some mild difficulty. That was the one thing I had over him, control. And if I gave up that virtue, I would become him.

My “transformation,” if one could call it that, also boosted my confidence, and with that I moved hot on the heels of Zan to fight these bastards close up. After his failed ploy with the charm spell and the subsequent counterattack the pet struck him with, it was definitely someone's turn to draw attention away from him... at least, until he was ready to rush in again and tear the piece of shit apart. Moving quickly past him, I spoke a select few words: “I'll buy time till you're ready again.” He merely nodded, and I flew towards the spiky monstrosity and unleashed the fury that I had kept hidden until this battle. “Twin Dragons!” I cried, opening with the most powerful attack I could muster. Flames began to lick the edges of my blades and then danced through the air as I became a living tornado, striking the pet with my full force. The skill ended, and I moved forward slightly, giving a shot at attacking the chain connecting Angel and her pet, but that idea produced precisely zero results. I refocused, eyes searching the room, and decided on what I had to do. I positioned myself between our enemies and Rayo, who apparently had yet to recover from the pet's earlier strikes. I was weak, but perhaps I could buy him a little more time to get back on his feet. I lowered into a defensive stance and readied myself, prepared to take whatever came his way.
Zhao's Profile

Wishlist:
Levels
Slayers
Other level 16+ Twin Blade Weapons
Cougar Bandanna
Snow Panther
Level 16+ Twin Blade Armor

Miakita hazu no tasogare ga
Konna ni kirei dato naita

Fuzzhead
Elevated Player

Post by Fuzzhead » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:22 am

(OOC: As the first to post since the domain name issue, I demand 300 levels!)

Silk watched as a flurry of attacks was expertly executed upon the Angel’s person. Arrows rained on her head, flames burst around her body, and a whole slew of other various assaults eventual made their way to the intended target. However, each attack had little effect.

In fact, it appeared as though the only thing that occurred was a bit of inertial force pushing the woman back. Meanwhile, a mysterious golden aura appeared to soak up the rest of the damage, leaving her alternately smiling and scowling – when her pet wasn’t doing its job. After a short while, it became painfully obvious that the only vulnerable part of the duo attached by chain was the serving end, which actually fell asleep!

The catnap was short-lived.

“Wake… UP!” came her irritated cry, making Silk wonder if she was the dominatrix type. Indeed, it was clear that if they were ever in a relationship, she would be the stronger of the two, and being on the receiving end didn’t particularly appeal to him. Still, she looked good even as she swung her massive chain thing directly… at him!

“Oh shit, watch it Rayo!” warned the Fist Fighter, crossing his arms in front of him and moving to intercept the chain before it reached the Archer. Planting his feet on the ground, Silk braced himself for the worst… only to stumble forward as the chain unexpectedly passed straight through him…

…The same happy event didn’t occur for Rayo. In the blink of an eye, all of the offending Freedom Fighters had been corralled into one corner of the room, the chain apparently too strong for any of them to withstand. In the next instant, a battering reminiscent of the puppet masters of Naruto slashed apart the team with a combination of deadly sharp needles and very physical brute force.

By the time Silk had reached the Archer he had attached himself to, the latter had risen to his feet, dusting himself off without much incident. It would take more than that to knock out the powerful bowman.

“Rayo,” prompted Silk, an idea taking form in his mind. The former mage glanced at him questioningly, while still maintaining a steady gaze at Angel; he didn’t want to be taken off guard. “Quickly, give me that bottle of alcohol you got earlier!” The Archer shot the Fist Fighter an incredulous glance – now was not the time for drinking! However, trusting Silk to have something better in mind, he handed the Fist Fighter a sturdy glass bottle from his inventory.

“Don’t drink it,” he cautioned. “It’s 151 proof – one sip… and you’ll probably die.” Grinning wickedly in response to Rayo’s dour warnings, the Fist Fighter snatched the bottle from his partner’s hand and made a mad dash for Angel, calling over his shoulder: “Fire spells!”

With that, he focused all of his attentions on Angel, who he didn’t doubt would completely ignore him. After all, he had done nothing to her so far, and to those who hadn’t bothered her, Angel had done precisely nil.

“If you’ll stop attacking us, we could go on a date!” pleaded Silk as he moved forward. “I really have feelings for you, even though we’ve just met. I believe in love at first sight! Please, don’t take this personally. I think we could really grow together!” At the end of his speech, Silk was in the middle of the fiery fray induced by the combined efforts of Zan and Zhao Xun. Spotting Silk running in, the pair held off for a heartbeat, giving the Fist Fighter time to enact his desperate gambit.

Grasping the rather over-large bottle – more like a glass jug, really – of alcohol with two hands, the Fist Fighter planted his right foot into the ground right in front of Marionette’s latest boss… and swung the potent beverage directly into Angel’s face with the intent of shattering the bottle and thereby spilling all of its contents onto the boss’s body. For the tiniest of moments, nobody moved. The situation would’ve been almost comical, had the constant overhanging threat of death not been around… doused in her own alcohol, Angel looked a little ridiculous, and Silk almost did laugh.

Then… “Commence!” called out the Fist Fighter (needlessly). “Double Mortal Scorcher!” Three separate people with three separate fire-charged weapons, be they single massive blade, short dual blades, or a pair of fists, blasted into Angel. If Silk’s guess was right, the alcohol would instantly light on fire, causing even more damage… and since it was caused by one of Angel’s own belongings… perhaps it would actually have an effect.
Level 25 Fist Fighter
Boxing Gloves | Nny Scales | Dice Gloves | Iron Anklet | Time Headband

Skills: Ap Corv, Ap Torv, GiVak Don, Ap Torma, Ap Do, Repth, Kiwami, Double Mortal Scorcher

Wishlist:
1.) Rare Foot Armor
2.) FF Belief
3.) Any stat-altering items

Senna
Awakened Player

Post by Senna » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:55 am

In and out, around and around, and Senna was feeling more than a bit like a hanger-on. If she’d known this, she thought idly as she followed the mass of the group toward the locked room, she would have just stayed back in the hideout. There were too many of them for this place, at least for the moment. And it was too late now to leave. The door was locked, there were no viable windows that she’d seen… it was a trap, effectively.

On the bright side, she supposed, at least some of the destruction others had wrought in Angel’s house was amusing. A lot of fire. People seemed fond of the least tame-able of the elements. She felt sure there was a message in that, she just didn’t know what.

Angel, it seemed, was less amused than she by the destruction the others had visited upon the house. As they arrived at this final room of the first floor, it was waiting for them, with a pet and an eye for destruction. The targets were obvious, if a little amusing.

It was weird. Try as she might, she was having a hard time taking this seriously. Angel would no doubt prove as dangerous or moreso than the others but there was something so silly about it. About it all.

The point behind the fight was obvious almost from the get-go, and only proven time and again by the others. Not to mention the limited space in the room. Senna decided she would be better off remaining outside, leaving the others more room to maneuver, and feeding in items if they needed them, from potions to scrolls. In her hands they would do little good against Angel, but in the others’ they might, and she sent a Flashmail to inform the others of this.

In fact there was only one thing that almost drove her into the room to face the fighting. It was a Flashmail and was meant in all sincerity for her well-being, but there was just something about it.

Don't put yourselves in danger for our sake. We've endangered you all, now we'll protect you all.

That's what you told me to do, right, Canti? All three of you, stay safe. Please.

~Zhao
She was contrary. Contrariness seemed a hallmark in this group. Being told to sit it out, that someone would “protect” her, really rubbed against the grain. Still, she wasn’t quite THAT crazy. She was, as Zan had so brilliantly pointed out (or as she had a million times before) cowardly. Such is life.

So, in the hall, she kept one eye on the fight, and the other wandered. It fell on and then discarded the archer (It was impossible yet to think of Rayo as “the archer” and while it might become more natural in a while, for the moment that title was applied to only one.) Sekai was filed away into a category all her own. She was filed as someone Senna seriously wondered if she could trust. She’d seen the woman’s face, at the end of the last field, and she didn’t have enough knowledge of Sekai to guess as whether she would be trustworthy in spite of whatever judgment she’d passed on Senna.

After all, wasn’t she learning again and again in just these few days how little she could put her trust in… certain aspects of their awareness? Canti, Hac, now Phoenix, maybe a couple others…

Ah well. What did it matter? Sekai was either trustworthy or not. No use worrying about it.

Instead, she shortened her grip on her spear and began digging a little at the wall. She wondered… was it possible at all to get out of here until they’d finished the gauntlet?

She doubted it.
Senna, level 33 Long Arm (710 HP/180 SP)
Most common kit: Ichigou, Racoon Earcaps, Air Bracer, Snow Panther, Winter Coat, Graceful Book
Spells/Skills: (Critical Hit/Death) Repulse Cage, Ap Corv, Ap Vorv, Rai Rom, Rue Zot, La Repth
Click for full equipment and items
14300 (1/23)

Sekai
Ikkitousen
Class: Archer

Post by Sekai » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:25 pm

~Zhao

Something in that letter stirred something akin to defiance within the girl's heart as she carefully reread the note sent to herself, Senna-san and Canti-san. Stay out of harm's way while the rest of them took damage and sustained injuries? No, she couldn't do such a thing; not when there might be something she could still do for them all. Something she could do to stop the fighting or at least get the two parties to a stand still and get them to back off until the final battle... or until she could manage to figure out some sort of strategy to get Angel-san to stop her assault...and the Freedom Fighters to let mercy show for the boss and not have to kill another human being... no, not kill; murder another human being..

'Don't they realize that if we kill Angel-san, she won't wake up outside of the game?'

Her... slave on the end of the chain was too human for Sekai's ability to be comfortable and the storm of needles that burst past only solidified her belief that things weren't as they seemed and that someone needed to stop the fighting somehow... even if it would be a little cliché and anticlimactic of her to try. So much could be gained by exchanging information with each other, with talking and forging alliances and actually working together to get themselves out of her predicament. Zan-san... she was supposed to talk to him somehow, to assist him as well as ask him to help her in her own goals in attaining some sort of alliance where everyone could get themselves out of the comas they were in.

So they could all move on with their lives.

'I'm sorry Raquar.... Torvald-san... Kira... everyone; but... I can't let people murder each other when we're all the same in the end. No one should live with the burden of taking someone's life on their shoulders for the rest of their lives!

Wings pressed flat against her back as much as they could and not hurt her and with a burst of speed put on more by desperation and the naive, foolish hope of the sheltered innocents, Sekai ran into the middle of the battlefield. Horrified by the attempt to set fire to Angel-san by using alcohol and a fire spell, she put herself as much between the two parties as much as someone so small could manage before opening her arms out to each side to hold each party off. Visibly shaking and looking like she was going to collapse to her knees at any moment, the small Archer shut her eyes tightly to avoid seeing any blows or spells that she may have gotten in the way of and let the first two words explode from her in a throat rending scream.

` “Please stop!”

Chest heaving as she tried to catch her breath, coughing a few times as the catch in her throat rubbed the air coming into her lungs the wrong way before she managed to get herself under composure again and tried to reason with all of them.

“We don't have to fight like this; there has to be another way besides both parties attempting to kill the other off in order to survive. That is what we're all trying to do, isn't it? Aren't we all just trying to survive long enough to get out of our comas?”

Shakily turning to face Angel-san, Sekai dropped down to both knees, hands on the ground and facing inward as she'd been taught to do ever since she had been a child and her head bowing low as she ignored the voice in the back of her mind telling her she was making a fool out of herself; and that her upbringing and lessons in ancient mannerisms wouldn't help any of them now.

“My apology will not restore the rooms or repair the damage done to Angel-san's home, this I know. But... please,”

Her forehead nearly touched the ground at this point, voice catching as she felt tears begin to sting her closed eyes and forced herself to continue.

“Please stop hurting your companion next to you and my friends too.”

That small part of her was growing larger by the passing second, her body shaking and her breathing hitching every so often as she tried her best to keep her composure and not show her desperation to make the fighting stop. Had she just made a fool out of herself and wasted everyone's time? With a mental shake of her head and a forced optimism that didn't truly become her, Sekai made herself belief what she had said and what she was doing was the best... and only thing she could possibly do at the time.

'I have to believe this will work; I don't know what else to do.'

Name: Sekai
Level: 54
EXP: 0000/1000
Class: Archer
Clan: Army of Darkness
HP: 835
SP: 347

Currently Equipped:

Einherjar: Kira, December, Zorya

Head: Bat Earrings (Ola Repth 40, Rip Maen 40)
Body: Saint Cross (Rue Zot 10, RaJuk Zot 30)
Arm: Protect Ring (Ap Vorma 15, MeJuk Kruz 20)
Leg: Ninja Anklet (BiVak Rom 20, GiGan Zot 30)
Add-Ons: Forestlore, Wood Magic (permanently raised Wood Offense/Defense by +3 total)

Wishlist: Levels, Summon: Wood, Archer Weapons, Light Armor

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:02 pm

Phoenix was right about attacking Angel being a waste of time since Zan's attempt failed. He thought to himself that Zan's attempt was sound in theory but the execution of it did not work so well due to the clever tactics of Angel. The blademaster continued to attack her pet until one of the Freedom Fighters decided to jump into the fray.

The Freedom Fighter was the quiet Sekai who decided that this was a good time to speak. She decided that fighting was not the way to break the Freedom Fighter's curse and try to deal with Marionette's guardian. After hearing Sekai's words, Phoenix immediately knew that she was naive in her thinking but did not blame her for it since she has not been in this conflict for very long. He spoke out to Sekai to break the bad news to her.

"Sekai... There's one problem with what you just said. The Elites don't want to be released from their comas and suspected that Marionette doesn't as well. They want to control both this World and the real world. They don't want peaceful co-existence with us. They want to conquer everything that stands in their way."

Phoenix took a sigh before continuing talking to Sekai.

"I'm not sure that Angel is truly a slave of Marionette but she will continue to fight us to the death. I rather save all of us by killing her than trying to find a way to save her and lose members in the process. Sekai... I'm sorry that you won't get your wish."

After the blademaster finished talking to Sekai, Phoenix immediately turned his attention back to Marionette's pet. He did not want to go back to the attack until Angel or her pet make the first move. This interruption was a good thing for allowing Phoenix and the others to recover some SP but how will Sekai can take the bad news to come? Will she be able to continue fighting with the Freedom Fighters? Her thinking was naive but it would be nice if everyone could think that.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Raquar
Ikkitousen

Post by Raquar » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:31 am

The series of attacks weren’t nearly as successful as he had hoped them to be. While the attacks seemed to affect the pet just fine, it was the damage to Angel that had been lacking. Her golden aura seemed absorb all attacks against it, and it seemed to weaken the effect of area spells that targeted them both. Which made one thing abundantly clear, Angel had no qualms about letting her bird take the punishment while she sat behind a pretty little shield. However it seemed that even though the attacks hadn’t damaged Angel, they had managed to piss her off. With a harsh yell and a fierce jerk, she forced the currently incapacitated birdie into a circular motion. In light of the two choices, impalement by bird-on-a-chain, or back into a corner, he chose the latter, hoping it would be the least painful of two evils. The creature was jerked back and sent flying toward them with a punch that would make Bruce Lee jealous, and in the process, woke the damn thing up. It regained its consciousness in its path toward them. It waited to get closer to them before lashing out, creating essentially a dog pile. The little bird soared upward, showering the area below with needles.

Nothing was safe. His wisps were obliterated in a manner of seconds, the next needles piercing through his flesh. Each one screamed silent agony, as the floor below the crowd began to run slick with blood. The acupuncture-gone-wrong only lasted a few seconds, but it was painful just the same. Thankfully, the pair of La Repths that coursed over the group patched him up completely, allowing him to burn his SP on other things that might not make terribly much of a difference. The pet was back at Angel’s side now, but the boy had managed to catch something during the attack.

In the brief instant after the punch, Angel’s little gold . . . shield thing, had enveloped her creature. If the stronger players focused the brunt of their attacks on that, and he and Zhao perhaps stayed toward the back, maybe they would find an opportunity to attack Angel with her shield down. It was something to think about at the very least while everybody untangled themselves. After the extraction process, Phoenix, his pet, Zan, his pet, and Rayo went back to their assault of the pet. Deciding to see if his idea would hold any merit, he shot off a quick flashmail.
To: Zan, Phoenix, Rayo, Zhao Xun
Subject: Idea
Message: I don’t know if we all saw this, but Angel shifted her golden aura to the pet, but it happened. And that seems to be what is protecting her from attacks. If Zan, Rayo and Phoenix want to wail on the pet for a bit, maybe we can get her to shift her shield to the pet. Zhao and I would stay closer to Angel, but still back far enough, that if that happened, hopefully we could get in and launch a couple spells at her if nothing else.
He detached himself from the group and attempted to circle towards Angel’s back, launching of a Gan Don at the pet as he did so. And of course, it was at this exact moment that Sekai rushed into the center of the arena and begged everybody to stop fighting. It took every ounce of control to not roll his eyes in exasperation.
Level 28 Long Arm
Archspear, Newt Necklace, Smith's Gloves, Wyrm Scale, Kuja's Thong Dress
EXP: [700/1000]

WISHLIST
Levels
Weapons: - All
Armor: Head - Scarab Earring
Body - Nothing until Mid 30's. Ninja Garb Hand - Nothing until Mid 30's. Leg - Nothing until Mid 30's.
Items: Cooked Biles, Darkness Scrolls (Any and All)

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:59 pm

Mew! Meow meow mew! Mew mew mew meow mew... (Wow! It's like my dream home! Only minus a fountain of cream...)

With a starry-eyed expression on her face, Kit leaps onto the table on the opposite end of the room. She sits on her hind legs and surveys the room from her new vantage point. Clearly, it would take redecorating! The statues could be outfitted with heavy fabric for scratching posts... A yarn ball here or there... and take out that ridiculous picture on the wall and replace it with a portrait of her! Yes! It's almost perfect... install a fountain, get a big pillow...

Mew! ...Mew meow mew mew mew... Meow mew? (Wait! ...I came here for a reason... What was it?)

A sudden sound from the hallway rings past her ears. Kit takes a few seconds to process the sound, realizing that she did indeed come here for a reason other than to scout out prospects for Kitopia. The group is here for some reason. Usually it's something important, and of course if it's not, then someone won't mind taking a minute to dole out a belly rub. Either way, she's GOT to find everyone and that noise is definitely the best place to start looking. Though she is reluctant for a second to leave her vantage point of what really would make a good house, she leaps down to the floor and bee-lines for the door to the hallway.

In the mean time, hunched over a small jar of Royal Jelly, Lighteria busily compares the smells of a partially filled flask and the contents of the jar. His lip is bit, part of him knowing he's close but another part knowing he's not there yet. The noises in the other room are practically silent to him in this state of mind, the excitement of this breakthrough almost forcing him to continue. With a singular mind-set, he again compares the smells.

Mmm... I definitely smell the jelly in this flask, but that's not the only thing I smell... There's something beyond the pure sugar I'm smelling. It's a little pungent, but not unpleasant... Sweet, but not really sugar either. It's almost like a fruit, but I can't really what kind it is past the jelly.

Rubbing a bit of ash away from his nose again, the twin blade takes a quick glance over to the shelves of ingredients. If he's going to solve this, he'll need to take ANOTHER look over what he's got. With one motion, he leaves the work table and goes to stand in front of the shelves, looking over the various fruits stored there. While it's nice that everything is properly labeled, it does present a rather daunting prospect when there's such a wide selection. There's berries of all kinds, apples, grapes, even cactus fruit. Underneath the actual fruit stores appear to be several bottles of juice, apparently made from the fruit stored above it. Harkening back to his childhood days for a moment, Lighteria smiles and reaches down for a small bottle of Piney Apply Juice.

Yum! I used to drink apple juice all the time when I was little.

Knowing he'll have to compare smells anyway, the twin blade reaches for a small bottle of the apple juice. Popping the cork, he smiles and brings it close to his nose, taking a deep smell of what he expects to be a slightly tart but mouth-watering aroma.

"..."

"...Oh ye gods, my olfactory senses." He chokes out, eyes watering and nostrils closed tighter than a scrunchie on a cold day. Quickly he corks and replaces the bottle, tears streaming down his cheeks as he lets out a hack, the rank smell starting to tingle on his tongue as well as through his sinuses. As his body lightly convulses with disgust, the door creaks open slowly, Kit's head showing from behind the wood frame.

"...Mew? Meow? (...Lighteria? You ok?)" Kit says after seeing his reactions and his burnt face. The twin blade coughs as he rubs his nose as he turns his head towards the voice. Despite the waves of disgust he was feeling, his face manages to still brighten when he catches sight of his kitten.

"Hey Kit." He says, letting out a light gag in between. "Yeah, I'm ok... Just... wow this stinks." He nods to the bottle on the shelf, sniffling and rubbing his nose again. The kitten looks towards the shelves curiously and tilts her head, rightly confused.

"Mew mew meow meow? (What are you doing in here?)" She says, staring at what looks like cinders lightly glowing in his hair. Lighteria blinks a few times and scratches his head, like he hadn't actually given that thought.

"Uh..." He shrugs. "I'm trying to make a potion."

"Mew... MEW meow meow mew mew mew... mew? (You... DO realize there's likely a battle going on... right?)"

There's a very long pause.

"....Yep." He says suddenly, going back to the stored fruit and picking up a grape. "Does this smell sweet to you?"
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Marionette
Elevated Player

Post by Marionette » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:00 am

Flashmail
To: Canti
RE: This Guardian

thE goaL yoU havE iN minD iS noT onE thaT yoU caN dO. thE angeL iS noT bounD aS werE thE otherS. shE followS mE freelY.
whaT happenS wheN thE puppeT pullS thE stringS?

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:06 am

A frenzy of attacks followed Angel’s counter with an air of desire, a sheer will to get this over with, at least from the few who were voraciously attacking. Through repeated attacks, Suzaku would finally notice a seeming return to strength. The bird would now be at full power, for better or for worse. Nulus, too, had done enough to acquire the wrath of Angel and her counterattacks.

Before long, a new tactic was tried, Silk combining unreasonable reasoning with alcohol in what could only be termed a sort of failed attempt at date-rape. What else would covering Angel with alcohol and physically abusing her do? The alcohol was successfully ignited, however, the fire was just as quickly diminished and put out. The alcohol, too, was soon gone; absorbed into the shield or the floor.

Angel, however, didn’t make an immediate counterattack. Her face was bemused, first by Silk and his speech, and then by Sekai and hers. While her pet looked ready and able to fight, Angel herself held it back with a yank on the chain.

”A date? Bah! I have my standards.” She said, her voice full of contempt. She proceeded to ignore the fist fighter, and watched the archer prostrate herself on the floor.

”You seem to be ignorant of the situation, little one. I LIKE it here. I don’t want to ‘go back’ or escape, or whatever it is you people are fighting for. Besides. Hurting my companion?” She pulled at the chain. ”This is little more than a doll. Your sympathy is misplaced.”

With that she stepped on—no, through the archer. Sekai had done nothing to incur the wrath of Angel, and it seemed that, in this place, that meant the two would never touch. Moving ahead to challenge the rest of the group, Angel laughed.

”Is this the best you have to offer? I wouldn’t even pay to see this.” At least, it seemed, the dialogue had forestalled any counterattack.

----elsewhere----

Nighthand had long since decided he had no part in the battle. He had done nothing thus far and, given that it seemed a battle of finesse rather than power, he was ill-suited to participating. Showing an uncharacteristic degree of prudence, rather than simply stand and watch the fight, he left the room entirely. It was his goal to peruse the rest of the mansion, and see if he might find something else of interest. Besides, Lighteria hadn’t appeared in the battle room, and he wondered what had happened.

Nighthand and Kit arrived at nearly the same time, the heavyblade eyeing the kitten with a smile. It still amused him that such a small creature had joined this fight. Even though she rarely did anything. She… suited the twinblade. Nighthand listened from the doorway at the conversation that, to him, was one-sided.

The idea intrigued him, but not enough for him to actually care to attempt anything that Lighteria was doing. Making a potion from raw materials seemed like an excessively mundane task when he could simply spend a few GP on one from a store. Still, let the twinblade do as he saw fit. He wasn’t missing anything from the battle.

Speaking of… Thinking, Nighthand tossed off his own quick Flashmail, before he decided to settle down and watch Lights. Maybe, if the would-be alchemist noticed him, he might even talk.

Flashmail
To: The Party
RE: Status
I’m elsewhere in the mansion, looking for other clues. Flashmail me if you need me in the fight.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:39 am

In one fell swoop, the whole picture of the battle suddenly changed which it was bad for the Freedom Fighters and Phoenix knew it all too quickly. Angel confirmed what Phoenix thought was only a possibility. He knew that it was possible that any of Marionette’s guardians were not slaves and follow him but at least with Angel, she was one who followed Marionette itself. Not only the guardian herself was powerful physically, but she has managed to split the group apart with her apparent humanity. Canti had already had his doubts about fighting Angel and now Sekai had already try to get her stop fighting with us. Who knows how many more people would lose their will to fight because Angel is a trapped human?

There was no way that the Freedom Fighters could fight at full strength at the moment but something must be done quickly. Phoenix quickly began writing a flashmail when Angel was going through Sekai since she had done nothing to incur her wrath.

Flashmail

To: All Freedom Fighters except for Sekai

Everyone who has not incurred Angel’s full wrath, either decide now to fight or leave the room. If you’re going to leave, take Sekai with you. She might get in the way during the fight and rather not have an ally to fight against at the same time.

For the people who have incurred the full wrath of our hostess, I don’t think we can hurt Angel until we removed her pet. Unless one of you has an idea to break her shield, I’m going to continue to attack the pet until it is dead.

I know I sound cold but I rather kill Angel than see one of you dead because you failed in trying to make peace with Angel. You heard her words. She will not stop because she chose her path.

End Flashmail

After the blademaster sent his flashmail, Phoenix looked at Suzaku for a moment and then look at Angel’s pet. Suzaku immediately knew what she must do from his look. It was telling her to attack Angel’s pet right now. She flew into close range towards the pet and blasted it with her fire breath at full power since she managed to incur Angel’s wrath fully. Before the fire breath attack ended, Phoenix swung his sword vertically to create a Wind Blade at the pet.

Once the Wind Blade connected at the pet, Phoenix charged at the pet and thrust his sword into the pet. The blademaster was trying to separate the pet from Angel by making her lose her hold on its leash. Suzaku continued to fly above the battlefield to provide support to Phoenix while he continued his attack on the pet.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Marionette
Elevated Player

Post by Marionette » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:46 am

Flashmail
To: Senna, Rayo, Silk, Phoenix, Zhao Xun, Hacorie, Canti, Sekai, Raquar
RE: resolvE

iF yoU cannoT kilL onE sO likE yoU, hoW caN yoU hopE tO defeaT thosE whO puT yoU therE? iF yoU cannoT defeaT mY angeL, I havE nO usE foR yoU.
whaT happenS wheN thE puppeT pullS thE stringS?

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:21 pm

(He didn't interfere. He didn't want to interfere. This whole situation was literally not his problem. He was, for once, totally blameless of all affairs. This was an affair he could play easy-listening music to - and he was, in fact - and eat popcorn while watching. He didn't have any popcorn...but a little more into the fight, he wouldn't have wanted it anyway...since the nature of things were beginning to take on an ugly sort of change. He already noted discomfort in the others who weren't fighting, as they ones who were threatened did. Honestly, he could understand, but the puppetmaster's big game was to have the guilty parties fight it out. Of course, he could attack at any time. That was his right. His attacks would just be next to useless at first. Canti wasn't just standing around, though. He was getting the story behind the scenes, dealing with the devil. While he was waiting to see if his covert actions yielded any results, however, Sekai tried the more direct approach, getting in the way of battle. That made the Twin Blade pull out his daggers, actually, because he expected Angel to react by trying to kill her or something. Surprisingly enough, though, she didn't! Angel stepped right through Sekai like she were a ghost, untouchable and intangiable. It was THEN that Canti received his reply from Marionette.)

To: Canti
RE: This Guardian

thE goaL yoU havE iN minD iS noT onE thaT yoU caN dO. thE angeL iS noT bounD aS werE thE otherS. shE followS mE freelY.

Canti: ...What?!

(The Twin Blade's eyes widened visibly as he read the words. He was wrong, after all? Or rather...no. More like he was half right. The Marionette was using unwilling puppets in his scheme, but this wasn't one of them. What the hell was going on here, then? This Angel was getting in their way on purpose, out of some sort of half-crazed loyalty? Well, she said as much herself, now, but how was he to know? She'd let him believe otherwise back at the lobby. And now, just because she wasn't getting enough from those who were fighting, she was trying to egg them on for more. This was becoming less and less a tolerable situation. And on top of that, Marionette mailed again, this time to a number of them, telling them just that... They had to kill her, period. That was enough... Canti felt his complaciency draining away as he had had just about all he could take of this. Patience was never a tendency of his, so he didn't exercise it that much. His teeth gritted, Canti reached into his item bag and pulled out a few spell scrolls. Hey, they were a gift, right? Well, it's better to give than to receive. The dark Twin Blade threw one.)

Canti: Rai Don.

(He was going to sin himself into battle with Angel's own freebees.)

Canti: Gan Don. Vak Don.

(The next two followed quickly, as spell scrolls did not give off any delay in casting. If she wanted a real fight, he was going to deliver, but not until he was so empiracally in her sights that they would be at each other's throats at full strength. Canti, to his darker demeanor, was beginning to crackle with something of a black aura. He was being forced to murder, already having had more than his share into the killing of two others. And this bitch wanted it. Talk about a setup. She wasn't going to have a life to go back to or anything.) As for Canti, he was in much less of a caring mood right now. He had tried to do the right thing, and that didn't earn him shit. If you're going to play a demon, you may as well accept the part.)

Canti: Ani Don...

(He threw that one last, on the off chance that Angel was susceptible to it the most. He didn't know. It just sounded like a good idea.)
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.