E|\|7er Th3 W0rl|) &hr0*gH t|-|3 Yamiyo 5e|2\/%R.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Re: The Journey’s Next Step: Yamiyo In Chaos

Post by Nighthand » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:29 am

Summons, universally, were all very impressive spells. Used in the right situation, a powerful Wavemaster had massive damage-dealing capabilities. In this case, the power of a tier-3 summon -- and the unique ice-based attack of the pet -- were taken with heavy flinching. With that kind of power thrown around, the Willowman had to be considering the merits of defensive options. Yet defense didn't win battles. If the Willowman truly desired victory, single-target attacks wouldn't cut it.

Next up: Canti and Shadow

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:40 pm

(Actually, the true afficionado would not say Bad Breath, as that would entale multiple Deks like The Tower card can inflict on someone. This was more akin to the random bad status power of the Gaia Sword from Persona 4, of even...Fist of the North Star! Canti had to stand there and take it like the Willowman had to take HIS attacks, grunting and such as he did. The strange thing was...so did Shadow! Well, they were linked here. Afterwhich, Canti was grasping his head like he was trying to keep it together.)

Shadow: Master? What's wrong?

Canti: Hokuto Shinken! I don't want my head to explode!

(If you can believe it, the Bogie was now glaring at the Twin Blade with a deadpan look on its face.)

Shadow: ...your head is not exploding.

Canti: It's not?

Shadow: No.

Canti: Then, I'm not already dead?

Canti: Oh, I see.

(Canti cleared his throat, slightly embarassed, and observed the actions of the others while waiting for his next turn. Unfortunately, not all of their team was up to snuff. Once it was time for him to go again, he noted that they were physically debuffed, one-third down on HP, and had two moves to take care of business before someone else went. In talking this over with Shadow, though, it seemed there were some complications.)

Canti: Okay, If I handle healing, will you take care of the debuff?

Shadow: Master, I don't have that kind of spell.

Canti: But...we're linked, right? Don't you have access to my spells?

Canti: Alright, you handle healing and I'll remove the debuff.

Shadow: I can't do that.

Canti: Why not?

Shadow: Because I don't have access to your spells!

Canti: What about my items?

Shadow: No! We're not linked that way.

Canti: Alright, alright... I'll handle the debuff. Ahem...Rip Teyn.

(Lo and behold, the status debuff was gone! That just left Shadow...)

Shadow: What do I do, then?

Canti: What else? Sic 'im.

(Was that a grinning evil canine grin? Oh, yes it was! The Bogie leapt right at the Willowman's face and proceeded to maul him up, tooth and claw, before returning to his original position. The move having been spent, we now turn to our next player.)
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:56 pm

Canti's use of the antidote spell was exactly as effective as he wanted it to be; the debuff was quickly eliminated before it became an issue. It didn't, however, cure his diminished HP. Canti's boosted speed would surely allow that before long, of course. Shadow went to town on his new scratching post and, as ever, the Willowman simply took the damage. This was all turning into one heck of a demonstration of why the creators of The World opted for a real-time combat model.

Next up: Talal

Talal
Ikkitousen
Class: Twinblade

Post by Talal » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:19 am

She had been watching all the while listening for more clues to where the crystals had gone. It was obvious now that if she attacked, she too would be attacked. Something the Twin Blade didn't want. She was of better use to the group to find the control crystals or heal the others so they could use their turn to fight and attack and make actual headway. The humming had come in and out and it was too early to tell if the fluctuations were a power flux or if she was just not concentrating hard enough. The latter being the most probable since Talal was still new to her abilities and there was a lot of commotion going on. It was all rather distracting.

"Nothing yet. I will let you know. Don't ask again so loud. Maybe Xenobia doesn't know about my hearing. We should use it tonour advantage for as long as possible" she whispered on reaponse to Canti knowing that Shadow would hear her. Shadow could pass it along if Canti couldn't hear her too. So much had happened since their trials in the secret room in the bazarre that she couldn't remember if he had read her lips or heard her or what before.

Talal was torn. The group was going to need an HP pick me up but her gut was telling her to concentrate instead. So far her gut instinct had come through with flying colors...for the most part. Her mind trailed on the times it hadn't for a moment before Talal rattled herself back to the task at hand. No movent in het form could be felt through the vines unless they were sensitive enough to feel a slowing pulse and heart rate as she closed her eyes and settled into a self inflicted trance of sorts, concentrating solely on the hum that she hoped were the crystals. Hope...such a loaded word in a situation such as the Freedom Fighters had found themselves in.
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me that we may be as one.
Talal
Level 39 (0/1000 EXP) Twin Blade

Weapons/Armor: Mukuro (Swirling Dark, Dark Dance), Ice Hunter Cap (Repth), Wristbands (Juk Rom), Fishing Gloves (Rue Kruz), Wyrm Hide (Gan Don), Snow Panther (Ap Vorv)

Wish List: Scrolls, Tarot Cards, and Armor higher than level 30.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:25 am

Talal's further concentration brings things to mental clarity, of a sort. She hears four distinct tones, all similar, and her hearing in the lull of her turn locates them generally behind the Willowman, perhaps by a foot or so. That was not all, however; other tones, fainter, harder to hear, still sounded in the room. Would she spend another turn listening, or would she act when next her turn came around?

Next up: Demorian

Still bound, still ineffectual, Demorian chose to spend his turn studying Xenobia. The woman was stoic, regal, yet she watched the battle with the eyes of a hunter. One hand idly stroked the Treeweaver, missing the vicious thorns that studded the branch. Was she hungry for blood, or was she interested to see how the party handled her challenge? Would she be their willing ally, or would she need convincing?

Next up: Canti and Shadow

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:29 am

(The spell, of course, worked like a charm. Wait, no. That would be perhaps if it was Ap Do, but it wasn't. This one went off like an Antidote, thus curing both Canti and Shadow of their lowered defense condition. However, they were still down the afore-mentioned health from before. That being the case, though, it meant that they would likely survive if they were attacked by something nasty. Completely possible, but then Canti wasn't expecting an attack anytime soon. The two of them in this format were almost completely broken. The only way for the Twin Blade and his dog to be more-so would be if they also had abilities as extensive as Nall, Sheena, Demorian, or Nighthands. You know... The people currently in a bind for that very reason? Well anyway, after Shadow came back, it seemed that Talal had her turn and informed them...)

"Nothing yet. I will let you know. Don't ask again so loud. Maybe Xenobia doesn't know about my hearing. We should use it to our advantage for as long as possible."

(Canti tried to clear his ears out.)

Canti: What?

Shadow: Master? Down, please.

(The dark Twin Blade looked at the Baskerville Hound for a moment, then shrugged and ducked down. He was given the message which Shadow had heard with his canine senses - also by reading dialogue records - and then he straightened up again. Frankly, he didn't believe for one second that Xenobia was unaware of Talal's power. They had, after all, made use of it in this place. Still, it may be possible that the Willowman didn't know. That alone would be worth doing. That said, Talal was concentrating hard on her task and it was Canti's turn once more. He opened up with a casting of La Repth to restore the HP deficiency in his counter and set Shadow off to his task.)

Canti: Now then, you know what to do, of course.

Shadow: I was thinking of whizzing on him, as it has a degrading effect on plants.

(While the Twin Blade was sure that this was somehow true, he was nevertheless against the idea.)

Canti: Not in front of everyone. It just isn't right.

Shadow: Then, what do you suggest?

(As it turns out, Canti DID have a plan, and a few seconds later...Shadow suddenly hurtled towards the Willowman in what seemed like his own version of Fighter Doken! The result was high-velocity jaws of doom zooming right at the tree dude to rip a hefty chunk right out of him...which Shadow would return from once the attack was over, naturally.)
I'll have a doozy of a sig later, I swear. It'll reflect ".hack//CODE" an' everything.

Hey look! A profile! It's got items and stats and things! Cool! If it isn't fully up to date, it will be, so don't worry 'bout it.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:18 am

Canti's level was such that a single La Repth wouldn't entirely top him off, but the few points remaining drained were so little as to make no difference; if an attack left him so low that those few would save him, they would be in dire straits indeed. Keeping up the pressure -- and his threat rating -- Shadow continued to attack, with predictable results.

Next up: Sekai

Sekai
Ikkitousen
Class: Archer

Post by Sekai » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:34 am

Sekai's expression didn't change, still partially distracted by the way the three-mher, ahh, new 'friend' had certainly woken up on the very wrong side of the proverbial bed- women in her head were managing some four, no, five separate arguments at once. Her eyes narrowed, slightly, watching, and waiting for some indicator that would help make some sort of decision. Xenobia's movements didn't go unnoted, and the brown eyes kept tabs on those ahead of her, watching, gathering information and trying to figure out just what step they'd make next, and how best to counter, or otherwise nullify it.

Healing would have to wait; no one was anywhere near critical levels, and she'd need to conserve SP in case they'd need some extra help. Leather boots shuffled quietly, green fabric softly scraping against skin and armor as the snowy haired archer settled into a defensive stance and prepared for what manner of retaliation may, or may not, come.

Defense was her strategy, right up until it became better to attack in just the right moment.

Name: Sekai
Level: 54
EXP: 0000/1000
Class: Archer
Clan: Army of Darkness
HP: 835
SP: 347

Currently Equipped:

Einherjar: Kira, December, Zorya

Head: Bat Earrings (Ola Repth 40, Rip Maen 40)
Body: Saint Cross (Rue Zot 10, RaJuk Zot 30)
Arm: Protect Ring (Ap Vorma 15, MeJuk Kruz 20)
Leg: Ninja Anklet (BiVak Rom 20, GiGan Zot 30)
Add-Ons: Forestlore, Wood Magic (permanently raised Wood Offense/Defense by +3 total)

Wishlist: Levels, Summon: Wood, Archer Weapons, Light Armor

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:29 am

Sekai, testing out the ability to actually go on the defensive, finds herself perhaps slightly surprised at a faint increase in awareness an confidence; a mental indicator of a game state representation. Perhaps, should she be attacked, it would help her with the edge she would need to avoid damage.

Next up: Canti

Lord Canti
Exalted Player

Post by Lord Canti » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:27 am

(Aaand it was his turn again. Canti had scarcely enough time to think about these things in between the last time he was up and this time. One thing he DID know: The Willowman had had scarcely enough time to respond to any of this. He'd gotten a taste of some bitter medicine, retaliated at him and Shadow, but that was all just about negated now. Still keeping up the pressure, Canti had managed to revive himself to near-mint condition. He wouldn't like that, OR that he was still quite open to attack. He also didn't like alot of the Twin Blade's tactics, such as they were. What they needed was to continue to damage this foe while he was still playing catch-up. Make it harder for him, every step of the way.)

Canti: Shadow, you go first. Nothing fancy. Just get 'em.

Shadow: Very well.

(While Shadow ran up to chomp and claw at the Willowman, Canti prepared the large-scale explosion version of his Spirit Gun of the Darkness Flame move. As opposed to the penetrating shot, the condensed energy would be one great burst of Twilight-formed Ani-power which would hopefully again shake the board around like Catastrophe had before. And why not? The WMDs had to come out some time. The burst was ready and Canti fired his shot, which would explode on the Willowman and his immediate surroundings!)

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:27 am

Shadow was growing quite used to the unique ability to maul an opponent without fear of retribution. It was something they could all get used to, though it could form unfortunate habits for the next real-time fight. Canti's charged attack certainly shook up the area, drawing even Xenobia's attention for a moment, and it left hazy purple smoke in the air as it dissipated. The Willowman was certainly feeling the hurt from all the accumulated damage, but it was impossible to say how large an HP pool he was gifted with, given the nature of this battle and his apparent lack of retaliatory abilities.

Next up: Maoh

Bane
Elevated Player
Class: Fist Fighter

Post by Bane » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:09 pm

As far as Maoh was concerned, they were doing well. The others seemed to have this handled at the very least. He wasn't sure how, or why, but he was finding the compulsion or even the ability to move not occuring to him. That said, he took blades in hand again as he just felt that it was his time to move. Not shine, but at least do something else to help out. Given the previous test of Vak Kruz turning out well, he decided to test if it's aversion to ice followed the same logic. With that, he called out a spell as he pointed at the willow man.

"Rue Rom!" Tendrils of Rue energy spiralled forth from Maoh's outstretched hand, coiling up to the point of his finger before the same energy began to coalesce around the willow man. It stood to reason that plantlife disliked cold as much as heat, but spells of this nature seemed to be a grey area for Maoh as to whether or not this would be comparable to either a winter storm of a fresh shower of rain.
Maoh l Lvl. %h l EXP: ????/1000 l HP: ???/??? l SP: ???/???
GP: 31,541

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:12 am

Rue Rom seemed equally damaging as Vak, to the Willowman. Perhaps he simply followed standard World rules, where neither fire nor water had bonuses to wood. Then again, perhaps he had no particular weaknesses. Maoh suffered from a low spell power, so his abilities hardly had the weight behind them one of Takua's might... but they also kept his perceived threat low, leaving him less likely as the target for a retaliatory strike.

Next up: Nall

Nall, of course, was still wrapped in vines and left to his thoughts. He toyed with the Twilight Items they already had, and pondered their synergies. Using more than the lowest level abilities was still beyond him, but with each passing moment he felt stronger. Perhaps, if they played their cards right, he could even enlist the aid of the Elite before him for a dose of deep healing. It had been a long time since he had a chance to talk to the woman on the wooden throne. Sometimes he even wondered how things might have turned out, had he successfully convinced her to flee with him.

Next up: Takua and Vesica

Takua
Ikkitousen
Class: Wavemaster

Post by Takua » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:33 am

The words that Xenobia had said at the start of the fight still bothered him. If this was a fight of wits and intelligence, then brute force wouldn't help him. Tier three summons, while handy, weren't going to win a war that depended on thinking instead of merely fighting. That was, of course, assuming that they could even trust anything that the woman had said, but she sat upon her throne, bored and watching. With the higher power players of the Freedom Fighters largely on the side-lines for this one, he could either attempt to speed them up so that they could bring their heavy-hitting attacks and defenses into play, maybe even using one of the powers to help shift the lines of battle a bit...but again, if this was about intelligence, was this necessarily about power?

The Elites, and their minions, did seem to like puzzles. Little intelligence tests, logic traps. Was this another puzzle? For a seventeen year old boy, fighting for his life in the midst of this seemed a bit beyond what he'd originally signed up for. Doing it with random, video-game-esque riddles and worse was simply icing on the cake. Taking the more passive approach, Takua opened his senses, glancing around through each viewpoint's sets of eyes and allowing his ears to listen to everything he possibly could. He wanted to compare, see if there was anything visually on the Willowman or something that he could hear...maybe even smell, weird although that'd be. And, of course, he was preparing for the inevitable counter-attack. Especially since he'd smashed the thing, the Willowman had to be considering getting rid of him. Vesica, of course, didn't need to do that, and simply launched another ice spear at the enemy. Why waste your damn time with weird puzzle shit when you could just claw their face off? Which, at this rate, was going to start happening soon.
Takua - Lvl 57 Wavemaster
Wishlist: Levels, Stun Rod, Hag's Wand, Wand of Truth, Ex-Level, Ex-Spheres, and Myth: Demiurge, FL Fukuoka

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Takua's quick cycle through the perceptions of each left him with a series of quick images, though he had little time with each before his turn was locked down once more.

Talal's perceptions were the immediately most interesting. She was staring, fixedly, at certain points arrayed behind the Willowman. Not at the boss directly, but not so unfocused that it was as if she stared into space, distracted.

Demorian's perceptions were initially closed to him, but opened after a fraction of a second; a resistance Takua had not felt before. Demorian's gaze flicked in his direction. The man clearly had sensed and knew what had happened. The only insight Takua might gain from Demorian's gaze was the dense array of data-streaming widgets overlaid on the man's eyes. What data they portrayed, however, was unreadable to the unpracticed mind.

Canti, Shadow, Sheena, Maoh and Sekai were all much the same as Vesica, in that their gaze was unaugmented and they looked at nothing in particular.

Nighthand's sight was a unique constellation of colored orbs overlaid on the mundane world; his elemental gaze, that enabled him to interact with spells. The dissipating effects of Vesica's ice spear were tiny blue pinpoints of bright light, while most of the room was suffused in faintly glowing green.

Nall seemed to be staring at Xenobia, watching her as she watched him. His interest in the battle, at least until he was released, was passing at best.

The Willowman, to Takua's faint shock and dismay, was glaring at the sightless wizard. Whether he noticed the intrusion or simply glared at the one who hit so hard, was impossible to say.

Xenobia's sight was locked to him; was not even present in his senses.

Each fragment of sight gave Takua a mere handful of seconds of insight before he had to shift. He could fit each of them into his turn, if he hurried, but once his turn ended his power was locked once more. Thankfully, perhaps, it wasn't completely locked down; it merely reverted to Vesica as the logical input.

Next up: Talal