Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:02 pm

From the rooftops, where the self-battling long arm watched the dancing blademaster take on her fellow party members, Tokki felt more and more refreshed with each health point that recovered due to her idle standby tactics. Her heart grew colder and colder by the moment for frankly she was tired of having to deal with such depressing battles that were tearing apart what little unity their group of unfortunate players had within The World. The rain began, and Tokki found herself reeling once more in an unexplainable nausea that racked her body from head to toe. The World began to blur and distort, and the static-like sounds that accompanied most tampered fields were louder than every before within Mac Anu during this darkened tempest. Yet this inward conflict was not because of her conflicting personalities yearning to take over her mind-- it was because of the overload of water data that suddenly had surged through the root town. When Tokki's eyes were wide, she could see each and every particle of the data streaming down continuously towards the ground. Were the alphanumeric code green instead of a transparent white, she would have sworn she had really tumbled down the rabbit hole and into the matrix.

Tokki pressed her hands into her skull, as if trying to block out the overloaded interference that racked her mind. Why was this too much to handle? Is it because the code was moving so rapidly? Because it was obstructing her concentration within the battle? It had never been this hard before. She had to tell herself that the letters and numbers meant nothing deeper than "when these change, it changes." Tokki never had to actually understand the code in it's entirety, if at all. She never had to understand why the code itself changed when she willed the liquid to do as she pleased. But it did change. There were times when she could block out the code so that she viewed the liquid as just that-- and times when she saw nothing but numbers and letters floating around her screen. In the past year and a half she had gotten quite good at never having to actually see the code-- but for some reason for the first time in a long time, she could see it-- and there was a lot of it. Tokki's brow furrowed along her gloomy visage, and her hands shook with intensity as she struggled to hold them out perpendicular from her body and keep them steady. She used her slender digits to align and trace an invisible contour along the distance through the air between her and the rest of the root town.

Focusing her mind put a great amount of strain on her physique, but determined to end the foolish self-destruction their group was experiencing, she was willing to do anything. A ripple in the air pulsated all through Mac Anu, and anyone who was even slightly focused on Tokki's ministrations would have seen the pulse of invisible code that caused the space around the point Tokki was focused on to bubble out and ripple forth through the root town. The Ice Queen's molars gritted together, and ground their enamel hard into each other as she at last got a grip on her destablized mind and felt her control over the water develop once more. All at once, the rain stopped-- or at least up to one plane in the air. A flat plane drawn out with her mind became the stopping point for each and every raindrop. Were the fighters below to glance up into the sky, they would see that it was indeed still raining-- but the rain was not falling below the rooftops in any area in Mac Anu. Another sweep of the area would show that Tokki was keeping it from falling around them.

Tokki, after developing a complete level of control over the water she was keeping at bay shot an intuitive glance down at her teammates below. A half-hearted smirk later, and her plan went into motion. Those delicate fingertips each changed direction and pointed at the freedom fighters below sending globules of water to each and every one of them. The water surrounded each one, creating a forcefield of sorts that would protect them from attacks whenever Tokki hardened the layer of liquid into ice. Only hardening the water when they were being attacked, and leaving it in it's purely liquid form when they delivered one, she would keep them from sustaining damage during their battle with Hijinx's last form. Her mind now focused on her makeshift ice spheres, the rain began to fall once more, and Tokki stayed on her rooftop calmly, focused on her comrades below and with an earnest will to keep them safe throughout their battle.

[ OOC: I can't keep away from main. I love it too much. Besides-- Hijinx made it rain! n_n I hope you guys like my post. The spheres will not affect your movement at all, as they wil move along with you. You can attack from within it, but whenever an attack, Magical or Physical would strike you, it will strike the field first. If a powerful enough attack hits the field, it will shatter and Tokki will not be able to give you another because she cannot drop her focus on the fields to conjure up enough water from the falling rain. Tokki is pretty far away from everyone, but if she loses concentration, the fields will fall. Chances are, however, that she will not lose concentration unless she is attacked while hardening a forcefield. Write on! n_n ]
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:54 am

OOC: Glad you wanna hang around with us geezers and the kiddies, and happy to oblige with the rain, but water control was a BAD plan. Good thing we have GINGI!

Hijinx sighed a little as nall attacked, he was like an ox, and just as strong according to her information. The cape did however catch her mildly off guard. On the other hand, the staff served a very important role in these situations, and she knew she wouldn't make the same mistake twice. Still, the blademaster had responded to her feign and came after her, and that was all she needed.

As the blade reached the cloak, her weapon went to work, coiling around the weapon and up Nall's arm. With a shriek and hiss, the staff's fangs sank into his shoulder while the body contricted, tightening and applying massive pressure on his limb in choice areas. The unique poison flowed freely from the snake, slowing his healing processes and weakening the body. It gave a last violent snap and hissed in his ear, it's job was done, and it enjoyed the work. Nall's arm was broken in several places, visibly mangled. A simple curative would fix the flesh, but the bone would take several days at the least to heal. Retreating swiftly, it curled up the woman's leg and came to a rest on her shoulder, restoring her health with the unfortunate blademaster's. A slow and painful death was the only suitable option left to her, and Hijinx was filled with sinister satisfaction because of it. Tokki wasn't going to allow such a thing though, this became evident very quickly.

As the spheres formed around the group, she couldn't help but curse the long-arm's name as she used her only real skill.

"You're meddling, Ice-Princess. You are out of your league, and I'll skewer these worthless people with your own power to prove it."

The battle for control came, as predicted, but Tokki's grasp of her ability was not yet at it's peak, a fact that the wave-mistress abused repeatedly. Never stopping on any one peice of code, she wondered at the girl's flexibility. She was indeed worthy of her power, but still weak for the time being. Another sudden shift, followed by another, an endless cycle designed to put strain on the mind and confuse the victim. As far as she could tell, it was working wonders, an opening finally appearing as expected. Taking full advantage, she seized dominance and split the orbs into thousands of ice needles.

"You failed, now watch. I'm going to do something you should have been more than capable of."

A swift thought repeled an attempt to usurp control and shot a needle through nall's leg, one glance sent four of them into lighteria's back. Methodical and slow, she with-held any serious damage in the interest of suffering. Flinching from a small tick, she became dully aware of a very serious danger that was going to present itself. The orbs reformed of her own will and began to close on everyone, a sadly quick but brutal ending. However, unexpected resistance allowed the one known as Tokki a second chance, perhaps a reserve she had been holding back in case this were to happen. Such an effort could normally have been brushed off, but the struggle deep inside her was consuming her endurance faster than she liked. Hoping to dishearten the being, she focused on the ice a little more. Something would give sooner or later, and she didn't plan on going back. The ice bubbles continued to close in, slowly but surely as the water began to cover the feet of everyone on the ground.

I will not lose to the likes of these people, even if that nuisance tries to stop me with all of her might!

OOC:There you go, hijack, but lucky you, only one hack at a time! Vera gets to end it because I messed up earlier, and this is almost done! Sorry I'm not a good GM, I need to learn the tricks of the trade a bit better. :sweatdrop:
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:06 am

Lighteria finds himself unsure what to think. Hijinx had transformed yet again, appearing from behind the curtain after having caused the still beating rain. Tokki had caused an impressive array of protective bubbles around the players, both helping their defense and somehow not cutting off their ability to breathe. At least that's what Lighteria assumed before the bubble shatters into thousands of ice fragments, the droplets forming long, thin needles of ice.

What?! Hurrk-!!

His eyes blank out for a moment, feeling a peircing cold cut through his shirt and into the skin of his back. For a moment, he feels nothing. But that feeling scares him most of all, knowing the ice is numbing the feeling in his back as it slides further into him, never revealing if the wound will be a scrape or if it will enter his chest to pierce his heart. A few seconds pass before he truely feels the intent of the needles. They twist and grind in his back, causing as much pain as they can to him. He groans in pain and collapses to his knees, splashing down into the rising water. He trembles as he feels his blood chill around the puncture wounds, his body aching.

Ugg-h... my back... feels like its burning from the ice... I can't take it!!

"Aha-hggg!!" He yells out, his body suddenly glowing a bright red. Unconciously, he bursts into his Vak Aura. The red light orbs scatter throughout the streets, a gentle warmth enveloping the area, making the ice needles slightly more difficult to keep formed.
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sun May 01, 2005 5:09 pm

What do you think, time to step in? Everyone's tangled up down there and won't get in my way, and Hijinx seems rather distracted by the water fight.

Wow, an actual coherant and decent plan out of you. I'm impressed.

Shut up, you.

Nighthand reached and drew out his Corona Blade. He would have to make this quick.

Hmm... Lighteria's Vak thingy is on, That can help with my Divider... Sounds good.

More planning? Gasp!

You're such a jackass, you know that right?

I learned from the best. And by learned, I mean took part of, and by best, I mean you.

Wait, I didn't quite get that. Were you trying to call me a jackass too?

Yeah, well, you are.

...no arguement there.

Nighthand shrugged and drew his blade back over his head. "This should be interesting." He waited a moment, until the wavemaster had her wand out of the way, and leapt off the roof.

"Vak Divider!" He called out, hurtling towards the ground, his blade burning incandescantly, aimed for Hijinx's skull.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed May 04, 2005 2:34 am

An attack, from above? No, behind and up. Her staff was already reacting to the noise, extending and coiling to give itself some speed in it's strike. The attack didn't go off immediately though, first a geyser erupted from the ankle deep flood waters that were surging though the town. It came as Hijinx was turning, coming between her and the strike, but failing to halt some of the damage from an explosion after the sword made contact. Fangs bared, the viper shot into the resulting steam and wrapped itself around the blade, running up Nighthands arm and making a weak strike at his neck. A quick hand caught the serpent weapon below the hood and held it despite lashings from an angry tail, the wave-mistress looking self assured yet bitter as she made her way hurriedly past Nall. Her eyes narrowed a few feet from the alley, a low gasp of pain escaping her only briefly.

"No...You won't win this time!"

The player threw herself backwards into a wall and breathed a relieved sigh, putting a hand over her heart and standing up-right. The snake was still giving Nighthand a hard time, but there wasn't much left to work with. A step more and she would be in the alley. Completely without warning, the back of the sadistic woman bulged, giving way for only a second. Twin-blade hijinx, merged with the other form, spiraled out halfway, connected to the other at the waist.

"You're a mean person, you know that?"

Winding a fist back, the rabbit's eyes flashed white and flared in a brilliant array of color. The weapon halted it's offensive, retreating towards it's master. Time fluxed, the game clock skipped a beat, the sky erupted into a sea of light, and the punch connected. Swirling darkness enveloped them both, expanding through-out the town for a moment before it shrank back, compressing the storm clouds and extra water into itself. A hole opened in the air, leading to a sunny beach, and sucked the darkness in, leaving behind a wobbly and worn out twin-blader. Swaying on her feet for a few seconds, she smiled.

"I'm tired..."

No energy left to hold her up, Hijinx fell sideway, flopping over as happily as she could in her unconscious state with a light thud. The bothersome trio had failed and wouldn't be bothering them again.

OOC: Yep, nall has to post and this is over! Now all I need to do learn how to GM a bit...:p
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Thu May 05, 2005 2:55 am

Nall shrieked in pain as his arm was so effortlessly snapped in multiple places by the serpent-like wand. Nall collapsed to the ground, his arm mangled and torn. The pain surged through his entire body. Nall twisted on the ground, unable to hold back tears. As the battle between Hijinx and the rest went on, Nall layed oblivious in his own little world. His head was spinning as he concentrated on one thing.

Words and attacks passed Nall by as his mind went into a state of limbo. What probably took minutes seemed like hours, days. The images of being beaten over and over flooded his mind. The scene's from the day replayed a hundred times. Anger filled his weakened body as the images played. Beaten over and over.

The images faded to darkness and Nall was left alone in a sea of black with a mangled, torn body. He screamed as loud as he could and dug his face into the black ground benith him.

Footsteps.

Nall painfully rolled his body over to look in the direction of the percieved sound. Nall's eyes grew wide as he looked up into his face.

"Give..me...my...."

Nall was cut off as the figure thrusted a sword into Nall's throught. Nall choked and struggled for air that was impossible to gather with his esophagus severed. Nall reached up with his mangled arms and grabbed hold of the blade. He pulled, not pushed, trying to take the sword not push it out of his neck. His eyes grew dark as the image began to go fuzzy.

"Pathetic."

Nall's eyes shot open and he surveyed the scene. Jinx, the normal Jinx, was lying on the ground. The rest of the players seemed to be recovering and talking amongst themselves. The pets had been released from their prison.

Nall was in one piece. His throught was fine, his body, even his arm that was horribly mangled by the snake was healed. He couldn't explain his arm, but he realized the rest was a dream, or something like that. But the horrible feeling of struggling for air stayed with him.

"Pathetic."

The word pounded inside Nall's skull. He clutched his hands to his head and screamed. The players looked over in his direction concerned.

"Pathetic."

It pulsed again. Nall got up from the ground and swayed, bracing himself against the wall as he whimpered.

"Pathetic."

Nall growled and punched the wall he was leaning against. The players gasped. Was Nall going to go psycho like Jinx just did? Nall turned his head and stared at the rest of the group, eyes blood read.

"Pathetic."

He winced once more and looked at the chaos gate. He looked back at the group and growled.

"I'll kill him... I don't care what anyone thinks... I'll kill him... I'll slaughter him and bath in his blood!"
Nall bolted for the chaos gate. Zan was unfortunately standing in the path Nall was taking to the chaos gate. Before the player could move Nall's body slamed into his and sent him over the bridge into the water.

"I'll kill him... Every step is a step closer to his death.... I'll murder each and every one of them!"
Nall shouted the keywords loud enough for the entire town to hear.

"COLOSSAL FORBIDDEN CLIMB!"
Nall's body disappeared from the root town leaving the shocked players with their mouth's open.
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Thu May 05, 2005 11:50 pm

Da.n... it.. ...ind ..refus... o ..focu... ...

I can't.. sense.. any fighting... I boosted... flames... but I can't... sense any attacks now... should... I reform? CAN I reform? Ugh... I have... to find a way.. ..make... this easier...

Eventually, after a minute or two, the red glow of the lights surrounding the paths of the city converge back into one. A simple flash of light is all it takes for the orbs to again reveal the timid twin blade, back in his origonal form.

<Reformation reaches Level 3>

He collapses on his back, painfully reminded of the wounds from the ice needles.

"Oww..." He groans out, slowly getting to his back onto to be pushed back down to it again by a surprisingly strong kitten pouncing onto his chest.

"Lighteria! Mew mew meow! (I was so worried!)" She whines, digging her claws into his unfortunately thin shirt, wrenching a whimper from Lighteria's throat. "Mew mew meow meow mew mew meow mew! (After I saw the water rising from the hideout I didn't think you'd be alive!)"

"I may not be soon if you don't stop drawing blood." He gurgles out. Kit blinks and pulls her claws out of his chest.

"Mew. Mew meow mew mew meow (Oh. Sorry, I thought that was your shirt.)"

"Well it WASN'T." He groans out, sitting back against a stone wall, finally able to rest. In his relaxation he lets his eyes drift across the group, seeing how everyone is. Hijinx looks like she's out, but surprisingly not that worse for the wear. Everyone else looks either exausted or simply irritated. "...Wait... where's Nall?"

"Mew? Mew meow meow mew mew mew meow mew meow meow... mew. (Him? Oh I saw him leave through the chaos gate, screaming something about a climb... thing.)"

"Climb... thing?" He asks, sitting up. "You sure you're Kit and not some mindless clone?" The kitten whaps a paw on his head.

"MEW, mew meow. (YES I'm sure.)" Lighteria chuckles a little and stands up, scooping up his kitten and placing her on his shoulder.

Guess I'll just wait here and wait for someone to follow him and follow THEM.
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri May 06, 2005 4:37 am

Blinking from the player's sudden transformation back to Rabbit, Nighthand shook his head, once again mumbling his sentiments about her unreality.

"COLOSSAL FORBIDDEN CLIMB!"

Wait, was that? Oh gawd.. It was... Damnit Nall, why can't you give us a break? Ugh. Such a bastard. Never around when we need him, only when he needs us. Oh well, guess we'd better follow him. He'll just get himself killed again, I'm sure.

You're sure about that? I mean, why don't we just leave him and let him die? Sure, we might be without leads for a while, but with our hacked status and the tendancy for the hackers to come to us, I'm sure it wouldn't be too long before one of them showed up.

Yeah, but them showing up is rarely a good thing for us. Next thing you know, we'll be building palaces for them out of blocks they hack out of thin air. Gah, we have to go after him.

Nighthand glance to the hideout, where the pets were emerging. Shard trotted up to him and immediatly went into his hiding form.

Master, somthing seems to have interfered with me powers. I'm suddenly limited, I seem to only be able to access three skills. From the complaints of the other Guardians, I would say they are finding the same.

Any ideas as to the cause?

I believe it was something to do with the barrier that Hijinx erected around the hideout. When it was released, something changed inside us all.

Damn you Jinx... Again.

Nighthand shrugged. Nothing he could do about it anyways. Once the rabbit did something, it was usually too much for them to change.

"Alright folks, listen up. The Guardians here seem to have been altered, as I'm sure you're all finding out. Nall went off in his huff, and we're left to tally up the damages. However, given Nall's history of painful failures, I think he'll probably need our help. So, if you would all be so kind, do what you need to do in the town here, stock up and whatnot, and meet by the Gate. Oh, and somebody drag that rabbit at least into the hideout."

With that, Nighthand turned and trotted off towards the chaos gate, hurrying so as to leave no time for second thoughts. Behind him, Urbosh bubbled happily out of the hideout, snatching up it's master and towing the rabbit along to the gate.

(Alright people, new pet system takes effect now, and as soon as everyone's gathered at the gate, we're off to the next topic and next quest.)

(Edit: no post = no go, get to the gate or be left behind. only exception is unconscious jinx.)

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Mon May 09, 2005 4:11 am

You got Flashmail!

I smell a lawsuit…

Reinier had been lounging by the riverside listening to the gentle sounds of blood being spilt and buildings “getting’ blowed up!” He had received a Flashmail earlier from Nighthand asking the group to go and help out with fighting the rabbit simply known as Hijinx. He really didn’t like dealing with the rabid rabbit so he decided to just watch from a distance, not exactly willing to offer assistance. After a short time of watching, Reinier clambered up to his feet and migrated to the top of the rooftop above the hideout via a conveniently placed ladder.

Once he climbed to the top, it soon began to poor down rain thanks to Jinx taking a new form. Reinier muttered a few profanities, as he noticed Nighthand following suit. He too watched until he leapt down to do an attack upon the rabbit warrior. With a quick, simple, and well placed Vak Divider, Nighthand made quick work of the final form.

In the distance, Reinier noticed Nall acting strangely. Soon, he jolted towards the Chaos Gate like a bat out of hell. “Damnit Nall, what are you going to drag us in to this time… we’re always stuck doing your dirty work… We should just steal his Twilight Item and then go on our own… ha, like that would happen…” Reinier thought aloud. Reinier scooted forward, and placed his hands along the top of the roof. With one quick push, he descended down from the rooftops, landing on the ground narrowly missing Jinx’s leg. He stumbled forward, not enjoying the landing, making it in time to hear another riveting Nighthand speech.

“Alright folks, listen up. The Guardians here seem to have been altered, as I'm sure you're all finding out. Nall went off in his huff, and we're left to tally up the damages. However, given Nall's history of painful failures, I think he'll probably need our help. So, if you would all be so kind, do what you need to do in the town here, stock up and whatnot, and meet by the Gate. Oh, and somebody drag that rabbit at least into the hideout.”

Giving a sigh, Reinier turned around and grabbed Jinx by an ear and dragged her in to the Hideout. He picked up by the arms and tossed her on a nearby couch, and noticed Taimat in the corner of the room, sleeping. He sighed, and wondered how the hell this pet managed to sleep through the whole Jinx onslaught.

Heavy sleeper…

Do you hear that? It’s the sound of silence. I’m resting, I don’t feel like dealing with you right now, okay? It’s been a long week, and I would really like to get some sleep. So go fuck off, please‘Kaythanks.

You’re such a douche bag… take your hiding form, we’re moving out to save Nall’s ass again.

I’m always doing things for you…

In a golden array of red light, Taimat became two wings atop Reinier’s back, both about three and half feet. Reinier exited the hideout, and reached out to close the door when he noticed it lay two feet in front of him in a pile of rubble. He shrugged and just tallied it up to another Jinx casualty. Reinier jogged forward, over the rubble, and towards the Chaos Gate and caught up to Nighthand.

“Dude, one day we need to just kill Nall and take his Twilight Items. I think we could do a better job of managing the group then he could…” Reinier said to Nights.

“Why kill him? Just let him do his own thing... Maybe lock him in the basement and have him give us tips.”

“I guess that could work, but where's the fun in feeding him fish heads every other week? If we kill him, we can adorn the Hideout's mantel with his head... well, what's left of the Hideout at least. Stupid Jinx... What about Jinx? Can we kill her?”

“You can try... She has a surprising ability to come back a lot though.”

Where’s the fun in killing her if she’s going to come back?

None. None at all…

“Is there anyone killable in our group? Well, besides Hac-orie…”

“I dunno... You?” He shot an evil look towards Reinier. “Nah, you're semi-valuable.” By this time the two had reached the Chaos Gate and waited for the others to arrive.

Reinier chuckled and smiled. “After all we've been through you still want to kill and loot me twice? Jeez, you're such a great friend... I dunno if you're a friend. Ally? What do you consider yourself?”

“Partner, Ally, Friend, whatever floats your boat. Ironic, isn't it, that the only one's I would unhesitatingly call friend are AI’s,” Nighthand said laughing. “You... you're useful enough to not be an enemy, smart enough to not warrant killing... I'm not sure where to place you.”

“I'm... touched? You have your uses too... like, killing all the enemies to keep me alive. What do you think Nall's gotten us in to this time?

“Hell if I know. Just because I'm acting like a leader, doesn't mean he tells me anything. Judging by our luck though, he'll probably have us climb some stupid-huge cliff or something. It's about the only thing we haven't done yet.”

“Nah, with our luck we'll end up fighting Royce, Xenobia, and Melzas all in one go... Stupid Nall and his hacker lineage…”

“Nah. So far, they haven't figured we're a threat, except maybe Ragdoll. They'll toy with us, more than kill us, probably.”

“I’d rather be a toy then a corpse any day…”

That can be arranged.
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Thu May 12, 2005 3:04 am

A blast of smoke erupted in front of his body soon after Hac cast his spells. The smoke engulfed him and slowly began to cut the oxygen off around him. In a matter of seconds, Hacorie was on the ground, lifeless. Jinx had killed him for not obeying the idiotic rules of Dance Dance Revolution. Soon after though, Hacorie gazed on from an upright position, not alive, but as a ghostly apparition. Pacing back and forth, he slowly felt whole again. Nighthand had taken the time to revive the other Heavy Blade. Instead of helping for the rest of the battle, Hacorie slowly walked back to where he had come from, the side of a building.

Slowly, he climbed up onto the roof tops as he had before. He had a strange feeling crawl up his spine and send shivers up and down his body though. This sign was the first of a few. Looking down at the battle ensue, Hac turned his back toward the players he called ‘teammates’ and looked at the river. Looking at the water he tried focusing his energy on it to move bits of the water. A sharp pain though began to erupt in Hac’s mind though. His body began to stumble back and forth as if he was losing balance, but Hac could see just fine. His eyes were not going blurry at all. Only the pain was something that was noticeably wrong with him.

Why? Why is this happening? I cannot hear myself think. I have to yell inside my own head to understand. I cannot think straight. Everything seems to be rushing by at a quick pace. I cannot keep up with anything now. Why is this happening? I was doing well until I tried to control the water. Could it be . . . No that is impossible? Aqualiea gave me her powers. They should not have been limited to a time limit. Something must be wrong. I must have done something, but what?

Gliding from side to side, Hacorie finally fell to the ground. He then slowly began to crawl toward the side of the building. Reaching his destination, he reached his hands outward and grasped two thin wooded poles that stuck up from the concrete brick roof. He slowly turned around while barely letting loose of the poles for a split second. With the world still spinning in front of him, and feet about to give out, Hacorie began feeling his way to the edge of the building. He quickly grabbed the poles again and banged his food up and down to feel if there was a horizontal pole below the two vertical ones. Luckily there was. This told him that the object was a ladder. It was a ladder to climb down to get near the river.

After he climbed down the ladder rather carefully, Hac began to stumble again. Right after the dizzy walking, Hac fell to the ground and came face to face with himself. He was staring inside the river. Squinting his eyes a bit more, Hacorie heard a voice in the back of his mind. It was a faint whisper he could not understand. Paying it no heed, the Heavy Blader grabbed a handful of water and splashed it on his face. Everything around him seemed to stop right afterward. He felt peace for a split second. The water had refreshed him. Getting back to his feet, Hacorie slipped backwards against the wall. He then shifted both arms in front of him and flipped his palms upward. He then focused his mind on the flowing water in front of him trying to raise some of it. At least a little of it. As earlier, nothing happened.

It was the spell. The one I helped converge on. I bet I used too much energy to try and make it happen. I tried converging more than I could handle. This in turn made a balloon effect. Once a balloon gets too much air, it pops. I used too much energy to try and control a large mass I could not. Thus, I lost control and my power ‘popped’. But . . . I still cannot accept that. I must get consoling from Aqualiea about what has happened.

The pain within his mind soon became even more unbearable right afterwards. So unbearable, Hac began letting out silent screams while trudging around and holding his ears. He looked like a crazy man doing this. His breaths became slightly deeper and deeper when this began to happen. Soon though, Hac saw himself back at where he just was, the alleyway. The normal Jinx was back and the pets were free. There was no barrier. The pain grew once again, and Hacorie slowly passed into a nonexistent state. A place only known by the one who creates it, a dream.

Hac was then seen tripping over his own feet and falling face first into the ground. There was no expression on his face. No pain in his looks. Hacorie looked like nothing was wrong. Inside his head though, many things that did not support these looks were happening. Slowly the scenery began to blur until there was nothing but darkness. Nothing . . . but a voice.

"HAC!" Aqualiea yelled as she went zipping past everyone toward the one she was suppose to be protecting. Tears fell from her ice and hardened in the air. Then, they shattered on the ground. The human size Faerie kneeled beside him and wept. The last tear she shed though did not turn to ice. It remained water and splashed the ground.

The powers she had giver Hac had finally diminished the rest of the way. Hac using his maximum capacity also drew from her little remaining power. This drained her of all skills and abilities. Well, all except a few. She could still fly and increase and decrease in size. That was it though. The Faerie had no magical powers. She was useless now. Well almost useless. The Faerie thought of a plan to help Hacorie when he awoke.

I shall translate your thoughts to words. Though you cannot speak, I can. I will help you communicate with them. We still have to go one with them.

(OOC: This picks up in me solo, so that is why I left it blank.)
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Mon May 16, 2005 6:16 pm

Interesting quest...on to the rewards.

Nighthand =-=> Nightblight + Hanged Man + 1000 GP
Hijinx =-=> 1 lvl.
Kumori =-=> Any lvl. 1 scroll you want + 250 GP
Hacorie =-=> 1 lvl. + Steeler
Gingitsune =-=> Any level 2 scroll you want
Tokki =-=> 1 lvl.
Reinier =-=> Any level 1 scroll you want + 500 GP
Lighteria =-=> 1 lvl.
Phoenix =-=> Any lvl. 2 scroll you want
Ryok =-=> Any 2 lvl. 1 scrolls you want
Vera =-=> 500 GP + Any level 2 scroll you want
Zan =-=> Life Sword
Strato =--=> Any lvl. 2 scroll you want
Nall =-=> *don't know what to give you...PM me what you want, 'cause I don't know your info*
Tirath =-=> Any lvl. 2 scroll you want
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!