Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:03 am

(OOC: Well, here is my first attempt to approve my posts. Enjoy. Criticism welcome in IRC chat.)

After a brief pause in time, nearly every player in the small group had arrived in front of the hideout. Out of most of them around, only one had successfully passed through the barrier. On a try for a return trip, the Heavy Blade could not reenter the space in which he had been in before. Thus a point was proved about the barrier, what went in did not come out. Pondering his thoughts of the barrier itself, another Heavy Blade ,a little less than half the level of the other, paced back and forth. Consciousness soon left his eyes as he stood continued to pace with feet sounding like a metronome.

On the outside, he seemed quite normal, but in the confounds of his mind, the story was quite different. Visions passed before his mind bringing memories of old back into the light. A remembrance of a past quest gave the Heavy Blade an idea of sorts. He had once been in a clan quest with a problem sort of like the one now. When they arrived in the field, the players were separated and had to make their way to a gigantic snow fortress. Each player was the same distance from the tower, but one flaw was in the field. A barrier was set up splitting the field into triangular sections. Each individual triangle had one to two people within it. The clan mates had to work as a team to find their way toward the castle. In the end, an invisible switch had to be hit to break the barrier. Not all barriers were broken, but everyone made it to the dungeon. Snapping back to reality, Hacorie looked on at the barrier. There has to be something to turn the switch off, but where?

With that thought in mind, Hacorie needed a small amount of guidance from a former friend. Then, Hac turned around and flipping his two longest fingers up, saying goodbye for now. Exiting the alleyway, the Heavy Blade gently glided on his feet to the side of the rough concrete pavement. He bent his knees a bit until he was in a squat looking position. Putting one hand behind him and one on the compressed gravel and rock, Hacorie gently set his butt on the pavement, he leaned over and stared into the water.

Flashmail
To: Morgaine
From Hacorie

It has been such a long time. I would like to meet you in Dun Loireag soon. Come to the Fatal Exception Mansion there. I need to talk to you about something. Well, I need to discuss things face to face, I hope you can read lips. ^^

End Flashmail

With the mail sent on, to the user Morgaine, Hacorie started tapping his fingers on the side of the walkway, right above the water line. Each individual tap made a small droplet of water rise and fall down again from the flowing stream. With the water responding to his movements, the Heavy Blade began something different while still focusing his mind on the water. No one is around.... Hacorie thought to himself eyeing around him to make sure. Brining his head above his hand, Hacorie chopped toward the water. As the velocity of his fingers increased, Hac issued an outside force to act upon it. Tensing his muscles and trying to pull upward, Hac was able to stop most of his hand from being inserted in the water. In front of the two fingers that did gently place themselves in, a circular wave began to form. Each layer of the outgoing ripple became frozen in place, and Hacorie watched in amazement as the bull’s eye was formed.

Regaining his grin from earlier, the warrior slowly turned to the wooden bridge in the middle of the city. He paid no attention to anyone who was around, but Hacorie stood up anyway. The consequences of his actions though were soon shown. "The World" was just like a normal day version of a major city. If you do not look out for yourself, first, people will not look out for you. To be seen you must see yourself. This was one thing he had forgotten. A slight bump came to his back soon after he stood to his feet. Not expecting a scare, the Heavy Blade jumped in freight. Since the force was behind him, and Hac was now off balance from it, he put our his arms and tried to lean backwards. Even with the added weight to the top of his body, Hac fell forward.

SPLASH

The sound erupted throughout the city of Mac Anu. Echoing off everything that was around which was much since the city was made of buildings pressed together tightly. Slowly, people began to gather a bit looking down in the river to see what or who had fell.

Weighed down by armor and swords, Hacorie sank fast to the bottom while struggling every bit he could. His arms were flapping around like a bird flying, and his legs were kicking like someone's bad breath. Hacorie focused on the water beneath him, right after he fell, to help save his life. Feeling his feet touch the soft ground of the riverbed, the blue cloaked Heavy Blade was lifted by a small amount by the ice particles around him. The water began to converge on one another soon after that. In about half a minute, by the time Hacorie was struggling for air, a pillar of ice lifted him up and out of the water. Gasping for breath, Hacorie held his throat while insanely coughing. As his entire body was lifted out of the water, small droplets began to leak off his clothes and body and drip back into where they came. With the crowd in a little awe, Hacorie jumped forward. As his foot reached dry concrete, the Heavy Blade let out a mental sigh of relief. Turning his body half way around to face the pillar again, and after Hacorie snapped his fingers. The wide pole of ice cut itself in pieces, and they floated atop the river with the Gondolas that were slowly passing by.

With a quick glance from players standing around, Hacorie started walking toward the Chaos Gate. The blue swirling gate stood there like always, not changing a bit from the other times it had been seen. Staring into the deep blue circle, Hac thought of the place he wanted to go. This place was not a field. Instead, it was a different Root Town all together. Its name was Dun Loireag. The city was atop mountains only connected by wooden bridges. The sun always beat down on the town and balloons and kites were abundant. Hoping no surprises were waiting for him on the other side, Hac repeated the server name and city in his mind.

Theta Server Root Town, Dun Loireag

Not wasting any time, Hacorie took off toward his clan house near the opposite end of the town. Walking from grass to pavement, to wooden planks, Hacorie noticed the weather in the town. The sun was shining just like every day. There was no change at all. Since there was no change, “The World” started to seem different from the real world. Though, not everything in the real world changed everyday. Wanting to see a little change, Hacorie stared up at the sky focusing on the clouds that slowly passed by. Gray blotches soon started to come from all around blocking out any where cloud from view. The sun could not even shining through them. Small pellets of rain began to steadily beat the ground around Hac. Cupping his hands together, Hacorie put his two hands in front of him and watched how the water hit his fingers and trickled down to his gloves. His gloves absorbed the water into the fabric. Switching his eyes back to the wood floor and then again in front of his body all together, Hacorie scanned for the stairs leading to the Clan House.

Reaching the nearly hidden stone steps, the Heavy Blade gazed down. A single wooden door with the letters 'FX' written on it was all that was in sight besides the edge of the cliff and rocky mountains everywhere. Taking each step at a time, Hacorie touched one hand to the door and pressed it open. The creaky sound of old hinges startled him a bit as the door opened completely. A gust of wind blew behind his body and into the rock house turning on lights as it passed. The wind also did something else. Since it had been many ages since Hacorie or anyone for that matter, had entered the Theta Server for the clan house, the mansion was filled with dust. Thus, as soon as the gust passed through, dirt went flying in all directions.

Wheezing a bit from the cloud of the brown smoke-like substance, Hacorie closed the door behind him as he stepped in. To his right were gigantic spiral steps that rose all the way to the top leaving exits at each individual floor. A small roar and cackling of fire could be heard coming down the hallway. This was where the rest area was set up for players in their down time. Across the hall from this area was a gigantic blue door. Inside the door was a vast deserted field for training and meetings of the clan. Hac though was not interested in the field at the moment, just in the room with the blaze inside it.

Walking a few steps forward, the Heavy Blade turned to his side toward a small bulletin board on the wall. Taking out his notepad he got from Pendant, Hacorie wrote a little note to his clan.

I just want you to know I am still alive and maybe one day we could quest together in a large clan quest. Until then....

~Hacorie, Leader of Fatal Exception

Hacorie then grabbed a small tack on the table and pinned the note on the board. Glancing around the edges of the board, many different buttons protruded out of the bottom of it. Each one had a different server name on it. Pressing the one that said 'Delta' Hacorie gazed in amazement as the note dematerialized and was hopefully sent to Mac Anu, in Delta Server. Turning up the hallway again, the blue cloaked player paced toward the room with the fiery glow inside it.

Turning a sharp left at the entranceway, Hacorie saw the outline of a Long Arm in the darkness. Her name was Morgaine, an ex-hacker. She was a Long Arm skilled in the element of fire, an exact opposite of Tokki. Though one small thing was, Morgaine could not control fire like Tokki could water. The Long Arm was dressed entirely in a black robe with flames stitched near the bottom of it. She wore no gloves, but always had her orange and red spear beside her at all times.

"Well hello there Hac. It has been such a long time since our last meeting. I hope your skills have improved since then. What do you need to know from me? Just to let you know, you interrupted me in the middle of a dungeon adventure with some friends to meet you here, so it better be important!" Morgaine yelled as she looked at him for a few moments waiting for a reply.

"So are you not going to say anything?" She asked as her expression changed a bit to a face full of rage and anger. Morgaine paused for a second afterwards for at her computer, she had received a flashmail from Hac explaining the situation.

"A barrier eh? This is not my field, I wish I could help, but I cannot. Barriers are quite tricky unless you know who created it. If it is a hacker, it would probably be breakable unless this person was experienced. If a system admin, then it also depends on who. Right now, I think you should wait it out though. Good Luck with it. And remember, I am not a hacker anymore, so do not call on me for help unless it is dire. This does not seem too dire for me to break my agreement with CC Corp. Goodbye Hacorie, next time we meet, let us have a duel. Until then, tata." Finishing her speech, the Long Arm disappeared in three golden rings.

Logged out, One thing I cannot do anymore.

Looking at the ground in sadness, Hacorie slowly turned around and exited the way he came. Walking out of the clan house, he noticed the illuminated glow of the lights fade as the door shut behind him. Shortly after his exit, the player turned to the wall and punched it in anger. The punch was hard enough to break his wrist, but since in a Root Town only the pain stayed with him. With a pain like a sharp knife cutting the skin, Hac's eyes widened as he opened his mouth to scream. The only thing that came out of his mouth though were small droplets of spit and air.

With the hurt subsiding, Hacorie walked back toward the Chaos Gate. Before thinking of the Aqua Capital Mac Anu, the Heavy Blade character stopped and looked over at the rain he had summoned continue to fall. Putting out his hand and catching a few raindrops, Hacorie walked away from the Chaos Gate and sat in the grassy area beside it. Staring up into the sky, the character leaned back into a laying position. Putting his hands behind his head, he closed his eyes.

If they need me they will send me a flashmail.
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:38 am

Finally snapping out of her trance like gaze, Hijinx slowly stood and stumbled towards the party that had gathered around the shield so far. About half-way, she stopped, her eyes growing wide with surprise and filling with a malicious red as the pupil separated into three each. They began to spin slowly, the twinblade clapping her hands over her eyes and gasping moments before she was engulfed in a massive explosion. A hot wind caused loose pieces of everyones garments to flutter for a second as black smoke lifted morbidly skyward.

A fur covered paw stepped out of the black cloud, shackles on both ankles; the wrist were the same way, as was the neck. Broken chains were attached to every one of the restraints, sliced cleanly at five inches of length to keep it from becoming a hinderance. Her clothes were now a dark red, and a vicious heavy blade weapon rested over her shoulder, held with one steady hand. It was a giant serated weapon that turned at a ninety degree angle half-way, like a boomerang with a hilt and a distinct color scheme. There was a half oval of black down the middle with an inch of silver lining the edge; the hilt of the thing a curious gold tone.

She had a tense face with a tight lipped frown, as if she were terribly bored by something. Shoving her way up to the building, the rabbit eyed the structure and pressed the free hand against the barrier with a scowl.

"Stupid bitch... is that how it's gonna be then..." she muttered as she approached the door.

Inside the hide-out, Silverblade was badgering his counterpart. Suddenly, a glare outside the door caught Nighthand's eye. As if an explosion in the main street was released, the glare shining on the walls of the alley, casting stark shadows. His gaze seemed to say he wanted to get out more than anything, despite his previous need to enter. "Oh god, what now..." Stepping back, he pulled out his sword and dashed for the door, hoping all his strength could shove him through; a vain hope, as his sword failed like all attacks before it had.

Hijinx's lip curled at Nighthands look, to her it was obviously a challenge. Sticking her weapon in the wall behind her, she braced a paw on the field and thrust her other one in up to her shoulder blade. She grasped his shirt collar and screamed as she pulled him forward, slamming him into the force field repeated. After a few good smashes, he popped out, his head reeling as his senses tried to reorganize themselves into something reasonable. The rabbit scoffed at him and tossed him in front of the group.

"What a wimp..."

Catching the glances of the others, she yanked her sword out of the wall and wrapped both hands around the handle.

"What, you wanna fight!? Bring it on!"

Sucking phlegm back into her throat, she hocked a wad of spit on the ground next to her before winding the weapon back behind her and bracing herself with a low stance. Suddenly snapping the blade forward in a wide arc, she leaned back. As if on cue, the blade released and spun at everyone, a whirling arc of gleaming death quickly closing the gap between them.

EDIT! Forgot this part, you'll need it. The blade can be manuavered by hijinx in mid-flight through use of the hilt, but it's not SUPER fast. Quick, but that's all.

Details:
Blade weight- A metric ton(slightly blunted for pain intensive purposes)
Close range combat capabilities-Excels
Distance combat: Average
Distractability: Tends to focus on one person at a time, but attention can be gained through spell damage
HP/Pain thresh-hold:Massive pain tolerance, triple the max HP for her level.
Most effective when acting as a tank. Sp max is half of the normal amount, but it's seldom used.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:22 pm

Nall raised an eyebrow as the event unfolded in front of him. Whatever came out of the black smoke seemed to be Hijinx, but wasn't' quite the same. Nall didn't quite know what was going on and remained silent as things proceeded. Nall stared blankly as the 'Hijinx' seemed to pull at something inside the barrier. Before Nall realized what she was tugging on, Nighthand was ripped out from inside.

"What a wimp..."

Nall looked towards the rabbid rabbit and was unsure of what to do. Yes she just brutally ripped Nighthand from the barrier, but she did FREE him from the barrier. It was when she launched her weapon at the group that he decided she needed a spanking.

"This..... I'll make quick work of her..."
Nall's eye's changed to his characteristic red as the blade came towards him and the group. He began to move but felt something odd. It wasn't pain, it was just empty. His eyes went wide as he realized he couldn't manipulate time.

"Shit!"
Nall quickly braced himself as the blade came right through his torso. He looked down at the 'wound', confused for a moment. Nall's cape had activated it's trademark in retaliation to the danger presented.

"I keep forgetting that..."
Nall quickly ran to the side avoiding the general area of the flying blade. Even without time, he could outrun that blade. It wasn't THAT fast. But he needed to keep an eye on it. That wasn't a problem. What was, was why his time wasn't working. It was like time wasn't working the way it should.

"hmph... This is annoying...."
Nall glared and ran forward towards the blademaster hijinx. He really didn't want to deal with the rabbit and his blood was boiling from being denied of his power. He snareled as he jumped into the air. Blue energy began to flow around him and his weapon.

"RUE CRACK!"
He shouted, as the energy focussed in on the attack. Nall's control of the water energy was minimal, but would still slightly increase the strength of his technique.

(OOC: Wow, that was short >.> Right to the point I guess XD

EDIT: Since Reinier's brought up a good point *stabs him in the face* Not everyone know's what the Cape of Deciet does. Easier to explain here so I will XP It neglects damage while Nall's not attacking and usually requires Nall to mentally activate the ability and de-activate it. To other players, it looks like whatever is attacking goes right through his body as if it wasn't there)
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:48 am

Suzaku noticed the transformed Hijinx and felt a deep darkness around the rabbit. The rabbit went from being a twin blade to a heavy blade with a weird boomerang-like sword. Good thing that Kazuma-sama is not here. He has been waiting for a chance to take down Hijinx for quite some time. Within the members of the group, Hijinx has been the most mysterious. Kazuma-sama knows that Hijinx is more than she appear. He came very close to learning her secret but she managed to keep him from entering the last room. Only Nighthand knows what was beyond the door in Pandora. Soon after, the rabbit demonstrated her power on the trapped Nighthand. After a few beatings from the force field, Nighthand was thrown out of the barrier and to front of the group.

The rabbit took its sword out of the wall and threw towards the members of the group. Suzaku flew higher into the air and cast Ap Do on herself. She knew that her power was weak and trying to fight Hijinx would mean her death. There has to be a reason why she trapped all the guardians in the hideout. Even her pet is inside. A lot of things do not make any sense. Like Kazuma-sama says, ‘Information is the key to winning any battle.’ I have to do something that does not involve a suicide mission. Even if I found a way getting into the barrier, contacting the outside world is next to impossible. Now how did Nighthand got inside of the barrier?

Suzaku scanned over the battlefield as Nall was engaging with the powerful Hijinx. She looked over the hideout and saw Vera trapped inside as well. Out of the blue, Suzaku remembered how Vera got inside of the barrier. I found a way to get inside of the hideout. I think I can do it anywhere on the barrier. Suzaku flew to one of the top corners and lean against with her back. She glazed at the sky and closed her eyes. A moment later, she phased through the barrier and landed on the roof of the hideout. Suzaku walked off the roof and hovered down to the ground. She found the doorway to the hideout and entered it. Suzaku found all the other pets and Vera in one of the rooms of the hideout. She began to talk to them in a serious but panicking voice, “Everyone, Hijinx is attacking everyone outside of the hideout. She is wielding a strange boomerang-like heavy blade and has three eyes. I think there was a reason why she trapped all of you in here and only one pet knows why everyone is here.” The bird turned her glare to the blob which was Hijinx’s pet, Urbosh before talking again. “So Urbosh, do you know why your master trapped all of us in here?” Suzaku patiently waited for the blob to give an answer.

(OOC: Suzaku is inside of the barrier now.)
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:10 am

Listen! You have to wake up! You are making progress with this, you didn’t pass out as quickly this time.

In the middle of an empty grassy field a silver-haired heavyblader lay sprawled out face down in the grass. Atop the player, a naga stood bashing its many heads into the back of him. Leaping from his back, the naga Vasuki, squints his eyes as the jewel atop his center head turns a cold blue. “Hisssss Hisssss!” (Rue Rom) The naga, nods his heads to a point in the field a foot or two ahead of the heavyblader, where within seconds a tornado of water and ice forms. Like a cool refreshing rain, the water gently falls onto the silver hair of the player. Unexpectedly, a chunk of ice breaks free from the torrent of winds, falling onto his head and jolting him into consciousness.

Ouch! I thought we made sure this field was empty, what kind of monster is it?

It’s no monster, it’s the Rue Rom I cast ahead of you to bring you back to consciousness. Not sure if you remember it, but it took you a bit longer to pass out from the pain this time.

So it is a monster... Really? I am making progress, I thought after seven straight days of training I would be beyond this point now.

It will take longer to adjust to this, you may practice it in your own free time, but I think the reason you aren’t progressing as much as you want to is because you don’t use it any other time.

Maybe, but I don’t want to use it while I’m with the others because of the pains. I don’t want to be a hindrance to them. There may come a time when they need me and I don’t want to be sitting on the sidelines because of a headache.

I understand, it has been seven days. Are you ready to return to the others?

Once more, then I’ll return to the hideout. The heavyblader Lakely nods down to his guardian and extends his arm in front of him. Leaping into the air, the naga contracts into a small green bracelet that wraps around Lakely’s wrist. The player closes his eyes and begins to vision the empty field in front of him and focuses on a point in the distance. He sees a small pillar surrounded by grass at an unknown distance beyond where he is. Holding his sight on that one spot in his mind, he opens his eyes again and surveys his surroundings. With a single outward push of his entire body’s energy he disappears. Instantly, he reappears standing in front of the pillar he had foreseen. With a faint smile on his face, he looks around at the empty field. Seeing that he had once again found success with the ability, he stood still as though he were awaiting something. “AHHHH!! There it is!” Grasping his head, the heavyblader bends over in pain as his head throbs with intense pain. Within a minute, the pain in his head subsides and he stands firmly, leaning against the stone pillar. “Alright, enough for now. Let’s go find the others.” Brushing off the grass from his clothing, he looked up as a trio of golden rings fell from atop him.

Lakely reemerged into the root town of the Delta server, Mac Anu. He stood in front of the chaos gate, looking up at the banners that hung from the buildings blowing through the wind. The wind blew across his face, blowing his hair into his eyes and then again out of his vision. At a distance, he could see his comrades gathered near the hideout. There they are. Walking down the steps and past the recorder for the root town, he thought over the last seven days. Instead of spending them with his allies, he spent them with his guardian, training to use the ability he had attained long ago, but scarcely used. His teleportation was a drain on him. It was a great ability, but every time that he used it he fell victim to an intense headache, one with the strength that had previously sent him to his back every time. During the seven days he trained, and the time he had spent in the past, he had grown able to partially stand the pain. Now, he would only bend over when he used it, but if he continued to use it the pain would grow exponentially. This was the only reason he had yet to use it in a combat situation when he was never assured of what was to come.

Stepping up onto the first bridge of Mac Anu Lakely looked forward and saw the odd player Hijinx throw a very large blade at the player Nall. Amazingly escaping the blade, he charged after his attacker and leapt into the air, striking downward towards Hijinx with a Rue Crack attack. Sensing this wasn’t just one of Hijinx’s random harmless outbursts, Lakely picks up speed and begins to run to where the others are gathered.

What’s happening? Why is Hijinx attacking Nall?

I don’t know, but I guess we’ll soon find out.

THIS SIG NEEDS TO BE UPDATED

Name: Lakely

Lvl 23 Heavy Blade (110 SP)

9,000 GP

Equipment: Life Sword, Face Guard, Wrist Band, Noble Cloak, Safety Shoes

Skills: Gan Smash, Death Bringer, Rue Zot, Juk Rom, Ol Repth, Ap Ruem

Spare Equipment: Light Giver, Absorber, Horse-Killer

Guardian: Vasuki the Naga King (Lv. 9)

Golden Orb is: A bit more intense.

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:58 am

Right. Sure. Ok, it's no problem if someone doesn't answer. It's cool, I'll just figure this out for myself.

Of course, it isn't hard to deduce. The fact that no one's going inside the hideout and that everyone has a slightly worried look on their faces. It's obvious that they have all been taken over by some kind of diabolical mind control ray-beam, of hacker origin no doubt, and they've all been turned into mindless puppets: Mere pawns for the cheating and the unpleasant alike. Clearly, only one course of action remains: Escape, defeat the hackers by himself and restore his comrades to their former states.

...Or maybe just stand here and cower. Probably be less lethal.

About that time, a sudden explosion rocks the area as Hijinx suddenly goes Mr. Hyde on everyone. Turning into a warped, dark version of her former self, broken chains adorning her limbs. Before the timid player knows it, the brand new hijinx suddenly bursts her hand through to Nighthand (Who, Lighteria's just figuring out, was trapped inside a force field), grabbing his collar and slamming him against the force field again and again until he finally pops out, being tossed unceremoniously to the ground.

"Nighthand!!" Lighteria gasps out, rushing up and kneeling down next to him to inspect the damage.

"What, you wanna fight!? Bring it on!" The crazed rabbit suddenly shouts, grabbing her gigantic weapon from the wall. With a quick shift in stance, the player hurls the weapon, boomerang-like, at the group. A giant, whirling blade of death. One that Lighteria doesn't... techinically notice.

"Nighthand! Can you hear me?" Lighteria says to him, leaning in and putting his ear to the fighter's chest to check for a heartbeat and breathing. As the twin blade shuts his eyes to concentrate, the giant blade of death whizzes overhead, missing Lighteria's back by mere inches.

"Ah you're alive!" Lighteria says with a smile, getting up and quickly casting Repth on him for his bruises. With that out of the way, Lighteria turns to focus his attention on the rampaging rabbit. Whom Nall is already going after.

"RUE CRACK!" The blade master shouts, going to attack the insane player. Lighteria gasps a moment and stands up.

"No! STOP!!!" He shouts, tightening his fists and sucking his gut in, trying to hold back the butterflies in his stomach, a direct result of his speaking up. "N-nall! We... we can't fight Hijinx!! She's one of us!" Very brief pause for stopping his hand from shaking. "She feels pain too! ...We... WE can’t just pummel her!! We have to snap her out of this somehow!!"
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:16 pm

OOC: I take it everyone really wants me to beat up nall then?

A straight charge? An admirable tactic, but stupid none-the-less. This was going to turn into a beating before he knew it. As he activated his Rue Crack skill and descended towards her, she considered breifly all of the ways she could hurt him. Smiling with her decison, she thrust the hilt upwards with her left hand and caught his attack, forcing Nall's blade to rise above his head. Next, she threw a hard right at his face. When her fist passed through and nearly grazed the building, she roared and used the momentum to spin around and kick him in the stomach, smashing him into the stone wall and holding him there with her foot. Hijinx laughed at him for a moment and looked him straight in the eyes.

"If this is the best you can do, then I want you out of my sight...Hyah!"

With the last word, the rabbit threw her weight onto the leg that held the blade master and applied pressure, grinding her heel into his gut. The blade of her weapon had flown skywards when she raised her hilt, but began a rapid decline as she punched him in the ribs with her left hand. Holding it there, she grabbed his throat and began to squeeze his neck, planning to strangle him. Hijinx grinned sadisticly as he tried to escape, grabbing his sword arm and forcing it to his side. He was stronger then he looked, but she had the upper hand. Looking out of the corner of her eye, she grinned and signaled for nall to do the same. Slashing it's way along the wall and headed for his torso was the blade of her weapon, ripping a deep gash in the stone wall as it screeched closer.

OOC: I hope I got it right nall, just PM me if you need something changed. I would use AIM express, but this computer's pop-up blocker is hidden or something.

Also, tirath wants to make a dramatic entrance, so wait for him to post, k? Thanks!
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:30 pm

He had been on his way to save their pets with the rest of the team when he found himself falling through a plot hole.

That damned Hijinx must have dropped it he thought to himself as he fell through the darkness. He was rather surprised when he found himself in what appeared to be a clothing store, a high end one at that.
He couldn't help laughing to himself now.

After all he thought, Jinx had promised to help me get that suit

He looked around a short while at the vast selection of clothing available. There was seemingly no end to it, which really wasn't much of a surprise. It was of course Hijinx that was responsible for it's existence, as evident from the rabbit eared happy face brand on all the shirt tags. The elevator music wasn't bad either.

As he was looking over a new pair of boots, a salesman in a black suit and red tie approached him.

"Welcome to Hijinx's Divergence Salon. We've been waiting for you. The master said you needed a new style, but this is worse than I thought. Long leather jackets went out of style at least three patches ago."

Worse than he thought? Just what exactly is that supposed to mean? Hijinx thinks I'm that out of date? And who's this guy to comment on my outfit? I'm all for a change, but still...

"Well let’s not waste time. We have a lot of work to do and the boss says we only have seven days to get it done. Lets begin with the hair. Long silver hair is almost as clique as that jacket of yours."

This guy is really starting to get on my nerves...

7 Days Later...

Tirath walked out of the dressing room for the last time. He hardly looked anything like he had when he fell into Hijinx’s salon. His hair had been cut short and spiked. The silver white color was gone, replaced with deep black and bright blonde highlights. The leather jacket and pants were replaced with a pair of white khakis, a black sleeveless shirt, and white suit jacket.

The salesman smiled to himself as he took a final look at Tirath.
"Well that looks much better if I do say so myself. Oh, The master said this might be useful.”

He produced a simple shield from behind a counter and handed it to Tirath.

Slightly confused he reached out and took the shield. “Uh… Thanks?”

“Yes well… Now that I’ve done my job, it’s time for you to go back to the rest. If you don’t hurry you might be too late.”

“What do you mean too late?”

“No time I’m afraid you need to go now. Do tell your friends about us.” The salesman gave a smug smile and before Tirath could respond he found himself falling through darkness again.

His last thought was one he prayed he’d never think again.
Damn I hate plot holes…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He landed with an unpleasant thud on the Mac Anu Bridge.
The first thing he noticed was the extreme lack of people. More to the point, there seemed to be no other players there at all. The last time this had happened they’d been attacked by one of the many hackers that seemed to lurk around every corner. The best course of action he decided, was to head back to the hideout. Someone there had to know something about what was going on, besides Tutong was probably there waiting for him.

As he got closer to the alleyway he could hear a familiar sound, the sound of blades clashing.

It is the hackers! He took off at a run and arrived just in time to see what appeared to be Hijinx holding Nall against a wall by the throat. There was something different about the rabbit though…
Either way, He thought to himself, I can’t let things go on like this.

Even as he thought this a sickening sound hit his ears. He saw the blade running deep into the wall and finally realized fully what was going on.

So that’s what he meant by too late! What on earth is that crazy rabbit up to!! A million thoughts ran through his head all at once and he was unsure exactly what to do. No one else seemed to be close enough to save their friend.

Of course the shield!! But then they’ll know about my… No matter, this is no time for secrets…

Tirath took off at a full run toward the mutated Hijinx. With a full head of steam he leaped at the rabbit and sent a kick strait to her face. Momentarily stunned she released her grip on Nall and stumbled back. Bouncing off from Hijinx face Tirath landed between the incoming blade and Nall and raised his shield. The pendent around his neck began to glow white. Pure energy surged out of the pendent through Tirath’s arms and into the shield. In an instant both Nall and Tirath were surrounded by a shield of light. The blade hit hard, but was unable to penetrate the shield. It bounced off and fell harmlessly to the ground. The light faded and Tirath found himself standing before one very angry rabbit…

He drew his sword readied his shield as his eyes darted about the battlefield… There seemed to be a few others around… at least he wasn’t alone…

“Hey guys… feel free to jump in …you know…. whenever…”
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:29 pm

(OOC: It's really really really cold right now >.> I think I'm gonna freeze to death o.o;; )

Nall's blade was comming down upon the furried rabbit with impressive speed. However, to Nall's suprise, it was effortlessly defelcted.

"She.....isn't that strong......"
Nall caught Hijinx's fist in his face before he even touched the ground. To add insult on top of injury, Hijinx's foot crashed into his stomach, pinning him to the wall beside them. The rabbit laughed and stared him down.

"If this is the best you can do, then I want you out of my sight...Hyah!"

Nall had trouble regaining focus. Things were happening too fast for him to keep up. But it wasn't only that. It wasn't just her appearance, it was like this was a completely different Hijinx. Her blade was comming down towards him. Nall grinned at Hijinx.

To his suprise however, Tirath had attacked Hijinx and proceeded to protect himself and Nall against the powerful weapon. Nall clutched his stomach and glared at the rabbit.

“Hey guys… feel free to jump in …you know…. whenever…”

A low growl was heard from the back of Nall's throught. The rabbit was pissing him off. He spit blood to the ground beside him and took a second to organize himself.

"I've got a lot more tricks then just time... I'm going to shred that stupid rabbit into rat food..."
Nall qukckly reached behind him and pulled out 3 scrolls.

"Level 3 Earth Magic! Cosmic Truth!"
Nall slammed his fist, with the scroll tightly grasped, into the ground. The powerful earth raise errupted under the rabbit. She laughed and jumped high into the air to avoid the spell. Nall smiled.

"Absolute Zero! Permafrost!"
Nall took the other two scrolls, one in each hand, and activated them. Like when he used his Rue Crack, blue energy began to swell around him. He growled as the 2 spells began to form around the airborn Hijinx. The blue energy swelled and began to mold together as the 3 level 3 water spells became one. He tried his hardest to maitain control and forced the spells together in an explosive water based attack on Hijinx.

The blademaster gave a smug grin. He was completely ignoring everyone around him, the calls to stop fighting Hijinx, and even Tirath whom saved him just moments ago. Nall stared up into the air waiting to see what was left of Hijinx's clone.
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:54 pm

Vera sighed as she sat within the hideout; holding Kitski close she stared at all the other pets and began to wonder; why had they all been brought here. Her mind was racing and wondering it all, but then she heard something and turned to the entrance. Nighthand was beating his head against the wall or at least it seemed that way. She stood up to go stop him, but then noticed what was really happening; someone was pulling him through the field. Rushing over she jumped as he was being pulled through and grabbed onto his ankle. Something was odd here as the person pulling him through was far more powerful then any normal member of the group, but who could it be; had a hacker or admin launched an attack on the hide out. Her strength wasn't enough in the end as she was pulled through the barrier with him, but quickly let go and jumped off into the background once they were through.

Hijinx had gone completely insane it seemed and made matters worse with a class change. Watching the humor of Nighthand being beat down and then the rabbit's weapon going on its own insane killing spree only made Vera laugh. The chaos that was being caused had been causing her to have some fun memories from the fights of the past. Shaking her head for a moment she knew there was something to be done and maybe she should at least step in. "Ap Torv" she whispered as the spell activated and covered her in the aura increasing her accuracy. Reaching into her inventory she pulled out a Speed Charm and tossed it up into the air activating it as well. Now with Ap Do and Ap Torv activated she would do her best to fight.

Stepping out from her hiding place she watched Nall and Hijinx do battle, but it was funny because Nall seemed to be getting his ass handed to him. Laughing again she shook her head and walked slowly towards them all; her pace was slow and methodical because she wanted to arrive just as Hijinx killed Nall or such. She had a plan but for it to work the timing would need to be perfect; no, better then perfect.

To her utter shock Tirath had saved Nall and now Nall was on an utter rampage in the few moment it took her to reach everyone. Sighing depressingly she stopped and leaned against the wall to watch. The blademaster had some strong attack scrolls on him, but from what she was seeing had didn't care what happened now and that was a bit to much. She began to walk again untill she was in ear shot of range of Nall. Taking out her weapons she closed her eyes and began to think of what she was doing; she was going to fire directly towards Nall's feet. "Rapid Shot" she spoke as there was a loud scream from a passing player who was watching the fight and then a straight uniform line of bullets that came crashing at Nall's feet burying themselves in the ground.

"You two need to stop fighting. Now don't make me repeat myself or we may have a problem. Sit your asses down and talk this over." Vera had ordered them; she really must have snapped to be annoyed enough to order someone. "You're acting like children and children in this game....die." her words seemed cold and black for a moment, but then it was known; Vera was dead serious about what she was saying.

ooc: ehh sorry about the lag in posting, just not in the mood etc etc. Btw no one take any actions for Vera without clearing them with me; that includes talking, emotions, etc etc etc. I am having her be serious...very very very serious. PS if anyone wants to know the reason I am not in the mood, I am typing up my LONG overdo side quest story thingie
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:00 am

Two eyes were closed next to the Theta server Chaos Gate. A slight howl of the wind woke the eyes. Looking around in all directions, the pair of eyes saw no one. The Root Town itself was empty. The quietness was awkward to a major extent. It was as if the servers were down and no one could log on. That was probably the reason. Touching the Chaos Gate, Hacorie thought the words of his ‘home’ away from homes. It was a field and inside it was a massive town full of life. It was the first place Hacorie was trapped in the game at. Though at that time, his body was not in a comatose.

Bursting Fantasy Fallen Angel

The words were sketched in his head so he would never forget the time he had there. The times were good and bad. The group who went to the field could not log out at all or gate out. Hacorie was the first. He called for help to another clan leader. The assistance came. Instead of two clans though, a third one was summoned. The three clans consisted of only a portion of themselves. Two Vanguards, four or five Swordbreakers, and two members of Fatal Exception. The group fought perils and solved puzzles to escape the prison.

One challenge was when the team had to fight a large group of crystals. They ended up defeating them by slamming the sails of the windmill in the town on the monster. The crystals though gave their last bit of energy to reform into a massive ball. It formed around one of the Vanguards, Rico. With a simple Miu Lei spell he was forced into doing the bidding of the ball. The Blademaster moved the ball by running inside of it and picking up or squashing the player flat, but the ball was destroyed through by quick thinking.

Three golden yellow rings set Hacorie down in a deserted city. No one was around. Everything was empty. Every shop, house, tower were closed down so it seemed. Right as Hacorie was about to investigate the incident a sound of mail hit his ears. One of the ‘leaders’ of the group had flashmailed him. Well, everyone not where he was anyways. With a shrug, Hacorie looked forward and gated back to the city of Dun Loireag.

Flashmail
To: Everyone not here

Hijinx is insane, and pretty powered up, so, all the help we can get; gather by the Mac Anu Hideout.
-Nighthand

End Flashmail

Wasn’t Jinx already insane? Oh well, time to test my new blade then.

The town was still deserted. Only NPC’s could be seen waving at crowds of air. Chuckling a bit, Hacorie stopped by the nearest one. It luckily was an NPC for item selling. His eyes almost bugged out when he saw that Mage’s Souls were 500GP. He had forgotten their price. Looking back at his inventory, the Heavy Blade decided not to buy anything. He just kept the five Mage’s Souls he had left to use if he needed them. Walking from where he came from, three golden rings engulfed the player. Aqua Capital, Mac Anu He spoke in his mind right before the rings came up.

A blue cloaked player was set down in Mac Anu. Stretching his arms, he placed his hand on the blue sheathe beside him. Slowly walking through the silent and empty city, he heard the sound of fighting amidst. The Heavy Blade ducked in the nearest alley and peaked around the corner to see Nall with scrolls in his hand. Looking to the left then right, Hacorie turned around and hopped on a few crates stacked up. Looking up a little further he saw a canopy that touched the roof of the building. Jumping up a diagonally, the Heavy Blade let go of his hilt and barely grabbed the edge of the cloth. With strength he pulled himself up onto the tarp and walked onto the roof of the building.

Wiping sweat from his forehead, Hacorie fell to the roof and crawled to the side of the building. Peering down as Nall used his scrolls, Hac took pieces of armor and laid them all around his body. He then pointed at Hijinx and started thinking about spells while switching his hand to different armors. With his free hand, Hac touched the blue blade at his side as well.

Ap Ruem, MeRue Zot, Rue Kruz, Rue Rom, Rue Zot, Rue Kruz, MeRue Zot!

All the spells were simultaneous. Hacorie was even going to take it a step further. He was going to try something reckless.

Gazing at all the glyphs leave different armors and his sword, Hacorie put his hands a little way from his body and began to try and converge the spells into one massive one. Slowly, yet quickly, his hands moved forcing the glyphs to merge into one another. He also tried to form Nall’s level three water spell in with them. The only thing that kept him going was one thought. If it would work though was a mystery.

Cold sweat slowly began to drip from his forehead as Hacorie focused all his power to merge the spells or at least merge them together to an extent. A cold chill ran up and down Hac’s spine as his glowing blue eye seemed brighter. As the sweat fell from his face and body, it turned to ice in mid air and made a ringing sound as it hit the ground.

Only one thought was keeping Hac going though.

I must show that I am not worthless compared to Tokki. I may not have liked this group, but I have grown to them. If I am to show my worth, I must train with harder tasks.

(OOC: And it is up ^_^.....Post 2 on trying to improve posts)
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:03 am

”Gawd Jinx, you don’t need to be so rough…. What the?”

Hijinx, completely altered. Well now, that’s certainly new. Wait, no it isn’t, she did this once before. Damn rabbit, can’t even settle on a class…

Nighthand let out a sigh, his head still ringing. It wasn’t enough to actually get into the hideout and smash his head, but to be smashed even more to be let out? It was an outrage!

”Well, first off, I’d better call in all the help I can get… Gang-beat this annoyance so we can get on with out lives…”

Flashmail
To: Everyone not here

Hijinx is insane, and pretty powered up, so, all the help we can get; gather by the Mac Anu Hideout.
-Nighthand

That sent, Nighthand stood to his feet. ”Alright, now to deal with this bunny-what the… She’s… fighting off…. Nall… Alright, I’m going to go over here for a moment.”

"Absolute Zero! Permafrost!" He heard Nall cry.

With his hacked perceptions of the scrolls, he watched as Nall, using the cape’s powers no doubt, attempted to merge the pair of water scrolls into a single one.

That’s no way to do it… Nighthand thought to himself. He reached into his scroll pouch and pulled out one of his own. It wasn’t much, only a level 1 Ice Floe, but it would help.

”Ice Flow!” Nighthand called, activating the skill and sending its power up into the mass swirling around Hijinx. Reaching out, he took hold of his scroll and attempted to power it up. (9) Much to his dismay, it had the opposite effect of weakening the already-low level one skill. Shrugging mentally, Nighthand reached out to merge the three swirling spells together. (12) Thankfully, they took hold, and he didn’t have to worry anymore about a backlash.

Suddenly, there was a surge of water energy from the other side of the area. Hacorie, of all people, was casting an awful lot of spells. Six, to be exact. And even more, he was using his fledgling powers to do exactly what Nighthand was; merge the spells together, combine them into one blast.

Each one, he helped along Hac’s powers with his own, adding them to the pile. MeRue Zot, Rue Kruz, Rue Rom, Rue Zot, Rue Kruz, MeRue Zot, all added to the scrolls above… (7) Nighthand could feel his powers slipping, feel the spells start to slip apart, when Hac’s seemed to form a buffer zone. They helped keep the spells in line, linking them together where Nighthand’s couldn’t.

In the end, it all worked out. Somehow. They weren’t all as powerful as they could have been, but… It meshed together, with the powers of Nighthand, Nall, and Hacorie all working together.

All those spells, forming a blast of water energy about the equivalent of a level 16 spell. Such a blast of power would be such to take out nearly anything.

Panting with the exhaustion lent by overuse of his power, coupled with the pain of being slammed into several walls recently, Nighthand barely noticed when Vera pumped waves of bullets towards Nall’s feet. Instead, he leaned against a wall and slid down it, rather defenselessly watching the following events.

(OOC: Let’s see if this works… have fun with your inevitable dodge, Jinxy.)

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:12 am

The situation seemed reasonable to deal with, a few spells of considerable power converging on the air-borne target who by all appearances was prone to attack. Any damage from this kind of assault would be minimal, but Hijinx pulled the hilt in towards her anyway. It was already close by, following the movement of her hand as she had jumped, so it quickly arrived as she felt the energy around her grow in to one powerful entity. The blade swept under her and went for the opening, trying to connect as the spells began to collapse on her. Knowing this, the rabbit was moving the handle towards the top of her blade, forcing it into a violent and noisy spin. Wasting no time, she slammed her feet on the flat of each end and laughed, her feet locking in place as the final bit of energy made contact and the spell erupted around her.

An artic blast swept over the field as a massive wave of cold and water exploded from the spells. However, it quickly pulled backwards as if it was rewinding, rushing towards the spinning heavy blade and bursting outwards as a shower of harmless snow. Standing on the rapidly twirling weapon was Hijinx, grinning and planning her counter attack.

"Spells, spells, always with the spells! Get some guts you worms!"

The blade and the rabbit dropped straight down, still rotating at a high velocity, right through the ceiling of a building with a whir. She had heard someone say something about talking, she didn't care who. Considering they could be a nuisance though, the rabbit made up her mind and ripped through a wall next to the blademasters Nall and tirath. Looking like little more then a blur, she held a hand out and slapped Tirath across the face hard enough to make him spin and zinged into nall, passing through him. His cape had saved him once again, but she wouldn't have that. Reversing the spin, she backtracked towards him. As the blade struck and passed through, she thrust a hand outwards. The capes effect wasn't able to react after a tenth of a second, so he was grabbed by the shoulder and snapped in a wide arc into the cobblestone walkway of mac anu. But this wasn't the end of her assault, there was one more person who needed a gut-busting shot.

The blurry visage flew down the alleyway towards Vera. Turning and running a little faster than the encumbered dicer, she quickly made it to the dead end. Turning and seeing the thing approaching fast, she jumped to the wall and tried to get over it. Successfully clearing it, she smiled until she was halfway over. At this point, Hijinx kicked straight up, a vicious blow that caught the gunner in the stomach and made her spit blood. The unfortunate player flew upwards at a seventy degree angle, traversing 20 feet before she slowed to a stop in the air and began her plummet. The rabbit banked off the wall with a grinding roar, zipping under her. Unmoving, Vera slammed into the ground and lay there, face down. The blade continued to buzz towards the others, spinning and randomly skipping from the ground to the wall as it charged down the alley.

OOC: Be creative folks :D ! Spells will still work if you can stop the spin, but it's not easy! Beware the spinning blade of kickery, for it hurts toget hit that way!

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:11 am

Lighteria gasps, witnessing the veritable tornado of attack that was once Hijinx. Things were starting to get intense. Not only was Hijinx seemingly unstoppable, but all the OTHER seemingly unstoppable people were being... well... stopped. The time for thoughtful discussion is seemingly over now. People were getting hurt and the rabbit had to be stopped. ...But how?

With the threat of pummeling intterupting his thought process, Lighteria ducks into a secluded corner near the waterway to think.

Ok, if the others can't beat her, there's no chance that I can out-fight her, so scratch the frontal assault. ...I could burst into an aura... Maybe some extra water power is all we need to take her down? ...Nah... I don't have enough control over that yet. Plus I'm starting to worry just how effective it is.
...Then again. If I managed to possess her... even just a little, maybe I could get her to hear my thoughts and snap her out of it.

...Yeah, I'll call that Plan B.

Right now I'd rather stay in one piece. I just have to think of a way to stop a tornado... But how DO you stop a tornado? There's no chance to hit it while it's spinning around and around like that!

...Wait a minute. Maybe I can use that to my advantage... If she's spinning out of control, heck even moderately fast...

Blinking out of his thoughts, Lighteria looks around the waterway edge for a while, trying to find something useful. After a second, he spies a long rope holding a boat to the edge of the walkway. With a smile and a snap of his fingers, he rushes over and unties the boat from the dock, coiling the rope around his shoulder, sitting down to make a crude lasso knot. It takes a few tries to get it right, but eventually the twin blade is satisfied with his work and rushes back up to the walkways, towards Hijinx. Hastily, he ties one end of the rope around a lamp post and secures it as best he can. His palms sweating a little, he grabs the other end of the lasso and spins it, very much in a cowboy style seeing as that's the only training he's ever had with this kind of weapon. Biting his lip, he tosses the rope at Hijinx, hoping to get over her torso and ensnare her.

In theory, if she's spinning fast enough, the rope will pull taught and she'll end up being essentially like a yo-yo. She'll recoil backwards and practically tie herself to the lamp post. ....If all goes well.

...Please let all go well.
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:12 pm

As she took in the series of highly unprobable events that were unfolding before her very eyes, she found herself smiling to inwardly when attempting to form a sufficient metaphoric analogy for them. As thoughtless as she was speechless about the strange occurances, the only thing she could muster was "Dr. Pepper." Dr. Pepper, the soda, was something she had always joked with her friends as an anomaly of this world. Though many people, when confronted with "What flavor do you think Dr. Pepper is?" were able to simplify their guess to "Cherry-like", it tasted completely different form the cherry-colas. Therefore, she and her friends had decided on "WTF" as their choice. That's exactly what this situation was-- "WTF."

The WTF feeling could have, but didn't start when the Freedom Fighters first noticed the barrier was around the hideout. It did, however, fill her mind when she saw Nighthand walk backwards with his eyes shut into the barrier. Convinced his ridiculously lucky strategy was something out of a Dr. Seuss book, Tokki had done nothing more than cross her arms and sigh at the coincidental success after the heavy blades questionable "epiphany." Things quickly took a turn for the "OMFGWTF" when Hijinx went completely off the wall, and reached into the barrier to grab Nighthand by the collar, who she promptly pulled into the barrier several times for a rather embarrassing attack on the much more powerful player. Shortly after the last slam, Hijinx pulled Nighthand completely out of the invisible bubble, and slung him to the floor.

Tokki sighed calmly. For obvious reasons, the unveiling of Hijinx as a renegade Freedom Fighter who had completely lost her mind and defected to some side other than their own wasn't as completely unexpected as it was untimely. Suddenly, Tokki felt a wave of empathy for her partymates who were now being pitted up against an ally for the second consecutive time. It really had to be draining on them all.
Usually, with no Hacker visibly backing Hijinx, and Nall, Nighthand, and Gingitsune all present, Tokki would have scoffed at the meager threat and watched from afar, perhaps launching the occasional nonchalant attack into the foray of clashing blades. This time, however, circumstances were not quite what one would expect-- a motif in Mac Anu today, it seemed.

Nall charged headlong, notorious for his jaw-dropping speed, and with reflexes that could put both Nall and Tokki to shame, Hijinx halted the powerful attack and spun Nall into the wall. The powerful boomerang shaped blade reminiscent of Inuyasha, swooped forth per Hijinx's command and surged along the wall in wide spinning motions, tearing up large chunks of rock and concrete as it closed in on Nall's figure. This would have been the point for Tokki to intervene, putting use to her high speed to save Nall from certain death-- but another WTF event happened. Tirath, a long time companion of Tokki from back when she was considered a Guardian of the Free World, fell into Mac Anu seemingly out of nowhere, and dashed between Nall and the spinning weapon. A strange light engulfed the two blademasters, and the weapon couldn't penetrate the shield of light.

The Freedom Fighters took Tirath's advice, when he told them to assist-- by launching a barrage of spells somehow simultaneously. Tokki's jaw grew slack with bewilderment. How they were simultaneously casting spells was beyond her-- it almost seemed unfair and an unworthy tactic in battle against such a challenge as the powered up Jinx. So as unconventional as it may have been, her relief was somewhat visible when Hijinx made the mass of spells seem as pathetic as the last minute strategy was. Hijinx began spinning recklessly, foot and blade combined for a powerful, nearly unstoppable attack. Tokki watched her teammates get pummeled mercilessly for trying a cowardly mage-like tactic with little to no strategy involved. Jinx's motion had to be stopped, or they'd never stop her. Her wings spread wide, and Tokki leapt off of the edge of the Mac Anu river and into the air, soaring high into the cloudless blue sky before turning sharply towards the River again.

Spreading her wings out as a parachute, Tokki stopped several feet above the water facing their new adversary, Mistglaive floating around her body like a planetary satellite. Tokki's hands found each other in front of her belly; she left a few inches between each palm where she would draw forth the particles for her next move in this unexpected battle. Water molecules from the tranquil river below crept into the air between her hands, and as the mass of disconnected particles increased in volume, her hands spread further and further apart to accomodate them until the thick cloud of mist between her hands was three times the width of her body at it's center. The molecules soon merged together and hardened forming a glimmering chunk of ice with a perfect luminescent shine.

"Dust into diamonds.. and diamonds into dust," the long arm muttered involuntarily.

Those pools of sapphire began to emanate that familiar glow, and the particles before her seemed to be dropping sharply in temperature. In that instant, Tokki's magnificent angel wings, giving off a supernatural incandescent glow, went their seperate ways for an awe -inspiring moment whose brevity was no more than a candle in the sun in comparison to it's spectacularity. Then, in the flash of an instant, the two sides came together around her body, sending a powerful gust of wind into the large chunk of ice which seemed to shatter explosively simultaneous with the vortex of air. The small dust-like particles of ice streamed towards Hijinx with the intention of freezing over any and all surfaces it touched.

The blast of ice would be tough for a spinning Hijinx to notice coming in from such a long way away, and even if it didn't directly hit her, whatever part of her did get hit, Tokki wagered, would be rendered almost completely useless. A Dek Do, or perhaps Suvi Lei type effect-- slowing Hijinx's spin, or if aimed correctly, stopping it altogether is what Tokki was hoping would happen. Watching from high above the River, Tokki waited for her attack to unfold.

(OOC: Sorry for all the recapping-- I originally wrote this post to go after Tiraths-- by the time I could get signed online [less than 24 hours later], there were several new posts. *Sigh* Sorry again, guys.)
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided