Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Frozen Heart and Golden Eye

Post by Nighthand » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:14 pm

"Hey, Nights... do you find it odd how only darkness and ice mix in my challenge...?" Reinier asked.

Nighthand had been switching his screen around from pet to pet, and had noticed this oddity himself. Just one more mystery to think about.

"I find it odd that any can mix at all... That only two can mix means something, I just don't know what yet.”

"Yeah... have you been wondering why this admin event wasn't publicized at all? Something's up dude, should we be getting ready for something to happen?"

"No... That goblin is still watching us; we don't want to alert whatever's running this show. But I'm sure something is up. I've talked a good deal with Asgard, who used to be an Admin himself, and he's never mentioned an Admin named Sazl'em... And they don't let new Admin's make events, especially of this caliber."

"What if we didn't come? Would they give animals to other characters? This is really getting me worried. This is definitely a trap."

He had been thinking this too, ever since they entered the field. Something was odd, about it all. The castle shouldn’t have been here in the first place; the Admin’s usually made their own special sets of keywords for their special fields. There was a certain quality about the goblin watching over them all that had him worried… And then there was the Admin himself. Sazl’em. The name seemed so familiar, yet so distant…

"They didn't give animals to us, and they wouldn't give them to anyone else. I've known this is probably a trap since we warped here. But, we may still get something useful out of it."

"A quick and painful death? I could go tell a goblin that I have to use the restroom and go snooping..."

"No, you wouldn't find anything."

"We should hold that goblin at knife point and get some inform... oh God I'm turning in to Phoenix..."

"No... Just sit still, let me handle it when it comes to it."

"Score, we get to watch a large amount of useless bloodshed happen."

"We'll see..." Nighthand trailed off.

--------------------

Back in the mirrored room, Shard was the last of the pets still fighting. Well, Urbosh and his alter-ego were still at it… if you can call napping fighting. Shard’s, however, was at a stalemate.

I can’t do this!
I TOLD YOU! Damnit, just cast the spell!
But I’m too low on SP…
No you’re not, we have plenty.
Oh, so now you gang up on me! I see how it is! I’d storm off in a huff, you know, if it weren’t for the whole ‘being attached at the neck’ thing.
THERE YOU GO! THAT’S the attitude we need! Now, direct THAT at the imposter!
SHEESH! Enough, already! I’ll cast the spell! My lord, what’s next? Want me to attack the wall, too?
Now now, no need to get insulting. Even HE has more intelligence than to have you do THAT.
Gee, thanks.
Whatever, jus-LOOK OUT!

Shard dove to the side, rolling, narrowly avoiding a vicious swipe of the imposter’s claws.

Look, we don’t have time for this! Cast the spell, we’ll handle the rest!
Yeah, let’s kill this bastard!
I’m so tired of being attacked…
THEN cast the spell! That’ll end it!
What if-
No what if’s, we’ll do it.
Alright, alright, give me a second.

Shard paused, gazing at his imposter, his mirror. And for an instant, they were identical in gaze as well; the bloodlust in both creatures balanced.

WRYNECK!

The area began to swell with darkness power. It rose, gathered, peaked into a horrible visage of half-seen demons from planes of reality not meant for human eyes. All three of Shard’s heads howled in unison, as if their cries could add to the force and accuracy of the spell.

Wryneck, fully formed, smashed into the imposter Shard.

When the darkness finally cleared, Shard was shaking. The imposter was defeated; turned from a creature of darkness and data, into a frozen statue of ice. The Cerberus collapsed, sides heaving. The battle had been long, and had drained them almost completely.

See now, I knew you could do it.
Score one for the home team!
That was… Fun.
YES! Now do you see my side of things?
No, I’ll NEVER be THAT messed up. But I can tell why some people live for this.
HE-
Calm down, we won. Now all that’s left is to find that gob- What the…

In front of Shard, the imposer cracked. With the sound of glass shattering, the ice covering the mirror Shard spider webbed with cracks. A shiver ran across the surface, and it fell to the ground.

The imposter was new blue instead of black, but otherwise unharmed.

What the… THIS CAN’T BE!
Thank you for the cliché…
I think we have a problem…

---------------

Master?

Nighthand cursed under his breath. He was so close to figuring it all out, and another distraction appeared.

What is it, Shard?
We have a small problem…
What’s that?
I’m not quite sure, but it looks like our mirror image changed elements, and is fully healed. We’re in for ano-
Shard? SHARD!

Nighthand snapped the screen back to the mirrored room, in time to catch what happened.

The Ice Cerberus rose all three heads to the sky and howled a tri-tonal cry. Around them, the temperature began to drop. The pets, even those not in the room, felt a shiver as the pure power of ice shot through the castle. Three copies of a spell rose, one from each head of the Cerberus. Merrows Rf, three times over.

The spells slammed together with a shift in the tones of the chord, a unified sound and a unified spell. A blast of ice larger than any seen before exploded, streaking through the whole dungeon. The intense ice wave caught up all the pets in the mirror room, and the three at the small altar with the orbs. Though Urbosh’s alternate wasn’t defeated, the ice froze it. And, since it had been an apparition of ice itself, it disappeared into the wave, holding to life no longer.

Nighthand threw up his arms, feeling out the ice coming for them. At this distance, it was weakened, but it still had significant force behind it. His monitor went static, then shifted to the only view left unfrozen, that of Lighteria, Lakely, Kit, and Vasuki running through the lower levels of the dungeon. They were low enough as to be not effected by the ice. He only had to worry about the one room.

With a fraction of a second to spare, Nighthand thrust out a spike of intangible energy into the oncoming ice wave. He would have no chance of stopping the wave, but this spike would act as a wedge, a shield, to split the force around them. (19)

He felt the spike take hold, anchor into the area around them. The room shuddered as the rest of the castle’s upper floors froze even more than before, inches of ice added to every surface.

Wasting no time, Nighthand drew his blade and ran to the front of the room. The goblin, surprised and shocked into immobility, blinked when he grabbed it, pinned it to the wall, and ran his blade into its chest. Dark ichor seeped down the ice wall behind, the heavy blade driven a full foot into the ice behind them.

”OPEN THE DOOR.” Nighthand commanded.

“I don’t know, cough, what you mean.” All trace of cheerfulness was gone from the goblin’s demeanor.

”You know very well what I mean, Messenger. Now open to door to your master!”

“Sazl’em will not be pleased. That Ice Bomb took many days to make, this plan even more. That you survived is… unfortunate.”

”What happened to the guardians?”

“They aren’t dead, if that’s what you mean.” The goblin coughed again, a bit of its dark blood appearing on its lip. “The back up plan was to capture them. The ice merely transported them all.”

”Where?”

“Why, Sazl’em’s Chamber, of course.”

”Which brings me back to my point. Open the door.”

“And if I refuse?”

Nighthand did not reply. Instead, his blade began to heat up. It slowly burst into flame as the heavyblade activated the sword’s fire-based skill.

Hissing in pain as its flesh caught fire, the goblin relented. “There! There! It is open! Go to your deaths, I serve my master now!”

”Vak DIVIDER!” Nighthand ripped the blade from the wall, spun, and crashed it down on top of the goblin. The force of the flames and the blow destroyed it.

To the side, a portion of the wall shimmered and faded, revealing a doorway made, of course, completely out of ice. It swung open, revealing a long, dark, perfectly straight tunnel.

”Onward we go.” Nighthand said.

“Uh… so, who IS this Sazl’em guy anyways? I take it you figured it out?” Reinier asked.

”It’s so easy you’ll kick yourself. Reverse the name. Our Friendly Neighborhood Admin, Sazl’em, is really our not-so-friendly neighborhood hacker of ice, Melzas. And he has out guardians captured, so let’s go!”

“But he doesn’t have mine, does he? Taimat and those other two weren’t in the same area.”

”They were close enough to get caught. It was only luck I managed to keep it form harming us.”

Without waiting for another answer, Nighthand shifted his stats to favor speed, and ran along the corridor at the speeds of Ap Do. Footsteps behind told him the others were following.

As he ran, Nighthand sent a flashmail to Lighteria and Lakely.

To: Lighteria, Lakely
Subject: The Lowdown.

Guys, you may want to hurry up and get back here somehow… Turns out our admin is Melzas, the hacker… The rest of us are hurrying to fight and rescue out pets. You’d be a help, so join us ASAP.

Closer and closer they came to the end of the hallway. Closer and closer to the shining light of the chamber of the ice hacker. Closer and closer they approached probably death.

Nighthand skidded to a halt, bursting into the final room.

The first thing he looked for were the pets. And there they were, frozen solid and embedded in the walls.

The room was a large circle. The ceiling was high above, a dome of shining ice. Light came from everywhere and nowhere, glinting off every surface. The walls were polished, smooth, free of any sort of landing or shelf.

Around the outside of the room was a small moat of liquid water, running freely like a stream would in life, in a never-ending circle around the center. It was thin, but it was enough to prevent easy access to the walls to dig out the guardians.

The center of the floor rose slightly, and there, in the center of the room, stood the last person they expected to see.

”Tokki?” Nighthand said.

The Ice queen stood calmly, eyes closed. She was the only figure to be seen.

”Where’s Melzas? Nighthand demanded.

”Here I am, sssssilly freedom fightersssss…” Came the eerie hissing voice of the ice hacker. He appeared halfway between Nighthand and Tokki. The Ice Queen didn’t move.

He looked much the same as he had before. He wore dark blue pants and a red jacket much like Nall’s green one. His appearance was almost skeletal. One eye socket was empty, the other contained a glassy golden eye. The Eye of Disillusion.

”Melzas! You aren’t getting away this time!”

”You ssssseem to forget, I can sssssee the future with thisss eye! I know everything that will happen here! You have no chance!”

“Stow the bragging, Hacker! We beat you last time, we’ll beat you again!”

”Oh, but your ssssavior, Nall, isssn’t here today! He isss all that you had going for you lasssst time!”

“News Flash, we’re more powerful now!”
Nighthand raised his Corona blade, and it burst into flame. ”Now taste fire! VAK DIVIDER!”

He ran forward, slamming his blade down in the standard Death Bringer move, then crashing it into the hacker. It passed through, striking the ground, as though nothing was there at all.

Suddenly, Melzas disappeared, reappearing a few feet to the side and forward, next to Nighthand.

”AniRue Don!” He called. Above Nighthand’s head, a spike of darkness and ice appeared, hovering and ready to strike.

”So you can use dual-elements too.” Nighthand muttered. He leapt back, swinging his blade wildly into the icicle. It shattered, mostly harmlessly. One shard, a particularly long one, flew and struck Reinier in the shoulder. There was a blue flash, and a small black rock dropped to the floor. He picked it up, pocketing it.

”Impresssssive. But you have not won with that simple dodge. You see, I have my own weapon, one you may have met.”

At this, Tokki shifted. She glared coldly at the group, the powerful Mistglaive held in her hand.

(Alright Tokki, your post… Everyone else, you’ll be fighting her this time. Do try to survive, would you? It’d be a darn shame if she whupped ALL of you. I’ll be dealing with Melzas himself, making sure he won’t jump in while you deal with the Legendary Ice Queen. Oh, and Gingi, Ryok, if you two want, post your post in the proper topic finishing the battle/quest… Lakely and Lighteria, you two are close enough to finish up and get in on this as well, I’ve already talked to lights about getting here… Alrighty then.)

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:31 pm

As the command was given, Tokki's brow furrowed, and her power began to multiply several times over. The surge of energy whipped forth a searing wind of sub-zero temperatures. slicing through the chamber of the Ice Hacker, Melzas, and circling the Freedom Fighters each. Her eyes, once a calming sapphire hue were now glowing menacingly-- and no longer could anything be seen but the blue aura that pulsated through her very being. Her body was surrounded in it. It extended through her torso, down to her slender legs, and all throughout her delicate arms. Her digits were surrounded by the pulsating glow, and her hair whirled about violently.

Her heart had been smothered by disillusion, and encased in an impenetrable layer of ice. The figures before her were not old friends. They were not even players. They were targets. Victims. And her training in the Ipsilon server would prove that she was more than ready to handle herself in this bout. Especially with the boost of power she was experiencing from being with Melzas, the hacker of her own vicious element. Her delicate hands , once lifeless at her side, suddenly began to go their seperate ways, until they were each at a fourty five degree angle from her torso, harmlessly pointing her fingers at the floor. The mistglaive floated in it's purely liquid form, directly at Tokki's chest, vibrantly alive, and with unmistakeable potential energy.

The Freedom Fighters merely looked on in awe, as their long lost companion put forth a magnificent display of mastery that she never quite had before that made them feel less confident about being pitted against her, whether she was alone or not. The glowing ball of ice soon began to elongate, and turned into a double sided glaive, three blades on each end fanning outwards, all constructed purely of the most magnificent ice. The handle became intricately designed with superfluous carvings and the like.

Of course, putting this much detail into the staff was unnecessary, because at several points in her battles, she would change the Mistglaive's appearance-- however the purpose of the display was simple: to show her opponents how masterfully skilled she had become with her craft. She was not to be taken lightly.

This, however, would not be the only way she proved to her foes her strength. The weapon continued to elongate, so much that the weapon seemed much too long for the long arm to wield successfully in battle. However any confusion was quickly dispelled when the mistglaive split into two, and floated into both outstretched hands. There were now two mistglaives. These were both a bit shorter than usual spears, but were spears nonetheless.

Tokki looked up, and scanned her enemies briefly. Not because she wanted to gauge them by any means, but merely to let them know she was aware. Fully aware. Her hands brought the two sides of the weapon together to form the single-staved Mistglaive once again, and the weapon shortened slightly. It was a way of saying she would be doing that whenever she needed to.

"Ap Do."

Her body surged with power, a golden light streaking all over every contour of her perfect physique, and heightening her speed and reflexive abilities. She launched herself forth with astounding grace, and blurred by Gingitsune and Reinier who were at the head of the pack, and went right for Vera.

Vera's eyes widened. "T-Tokki? TOKKI, NO!" However it wasn't Tokki she was up against. It was the shell of a girl who had long lost her way in a game that frequently toyed with the meaning of life itself. Her eyes were impenetrable now, and Vera was forced to react. She lifted her guns quickly, and pointed them directly at Tokki's chest and pulled hard on the triggers, causing the chambers to fill and empty over and over again, releasing bullet after bullet into Tokki's chest.

"What the... hell!?" Ryok shouted. Apparently Vera had closed her eyes upon firing, not wanting to believe that she was being forced to terminate her once close friend. Thus, she didn't see that what she hit wasn't Tokki at all. "That's.. impossile!" Ryok blurted out again. "I saw her! She was right there!"

Hacorie waved his hand, and the mirage that everyone believed so readily was Tokki, dissipated as if it had merely been smoke lingering in one place.

It was her. She's somehow managed to figure out how to leave behind mist clones of herself in mid motion. She probably can only do it when under the effects of Ap Do, since it requires her to fool our optic nerves, Hacorie thought.

The entire group was looking around desperately, trying to locate the queen of ice before she struck out at them and dealt a death blow that many of them knew the Mistglaive was capable of dealing in Tokki's hands.

However, she can't fool me with her water tricks!

Hacorie pulled forth the particles of water that had once been used by Tokki to form an optical illusion and fused them with his blade, before spontaneously turning right, and swiping heavily with his large blade which lashed but a couple of inches in front of Tokki's nose. Then his blade stopped, and his eyes widened. He gritted his teeth together in confusion and tightened his grip upon the handle of his blade.

What the... I can't.

The particles on his blade had hardened into ice, and Tokki stood there emotionless before him, the flat end of her blade close enough to her stoic visage that she could put on makeup in it's glossy surface.

"Your abilities are pathetic, heavy blade." Tokki gracefully lifted her left foot into Hacorie's sternum, knocking the wind out of him and raising him two feet into the air. He released his blade on instinct, and it stayed put in the air where he left it. Tokki grasped her mistglaive, split it into two, and thrust the left one hard into Hacorie's stomach, impaling him and exiting through his back.

This apparently snapped the rest of the Freedom Fighters out of their daze, for Ryok and Reinier both came at Tokki as her blade went through their companion. Ryok advanced from her left, and Reinier from her right. Tokki felt the rage in their eyes, as they advanced. She knew they couldn't stand to see one of their own so helplessly slain. And to add insult to injury, the mistglaive, which was currently lodged in Hacorie's stomach, was spreading an icy cold through Hacorie's body, freezing him from the inside out. His soft groan suddenly grew dry, until no further air could escape his purple, frostbitten lips.

"Vak Don!" A blazing ball of flame was expelled from the tip of Ryok's blade, and bulleted towards Tokki. Tokki slid backwards, still holding the nearly lifeless Hacorie in the air, impaled on her weapon, and allowed the ball of fire to speed by, and strike Reinier directly in the chest.

Tokki connected the two ends of the Mistglaive before turning to block Ryok's follow up slash. She thrusted Hacorie's body in the direct path of the large katana, and showed no sign of emotion or empathy at all when she saw the horrid look of anguish that spread over Ryok's face as he realized he had dealt the final blow to his teammate, causing him to grey over, and fall to the ground.

The queen of ice spun her Mistglaive in her hands, and stopped it at her side, falling into a defensive position and beckoning the remaining members of the Freedom Fighters to advance.

Still at her knees and spooked from nearly firing 20 bullets into her old friend's chest, Vera felt her eyes fill with hot tears that she did her best to keep from sliding down her face. How can she... be fighting against us. How can it be possile?

There was no mistaking it, however. Vera raised her head and looked through teary eyes at the mayhem the deadly long arm had already caused. Gingitsune was standing over Reinier and casting a healing spell on him as he tried to get back to his feet. Ryok was standing awkwardly, trying his best to fight back the wave of sickness that came over him when he felt his blade collide sickeningly with Hacorie's ribcage.

And Hacorie lay lifeless on the ground, a gaping hole in his stomach and back, and a large gash in his left side. Vera pressed her palms hard into the ground, and stood up. She wiped away the reservoir of tears that had built up in her eyes, and tried to gather her composure for the battle ahead that for her, would not simply be with weapons and magic.
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:17 am

Vera began to shivver lightly as she listened to the news. Someone had captured the guardians; everyone but a few were pet-less and Vera had lost the only thing that kept her sane and controlled. She began to twitch lightly as she watched Nighthand kill the goblin with extreme predujice before she began to laugh enjoyably. The death made her reministant as she chuckled lightly and smiled. The goblin and his master had done something that they shouldn't have; Kitski ment everything to Vera and she would kill the person and anyone that got in her way. She continued a light twitch and chuckle as she sat down and tried to focus on her thoughts. They were scattered so far apart causing her to be unable to think straight. Her head began to throb as she fell to the ground and sobbed violently. The tears flowed as she continued to cry and curse herself.

Once she had finished she got up and began to chase after the others; her steps were hard and fast as she quickly caught up and kept with the pack. She intended to cause whoever was behind this the worse pain of their life with a side dish of holey death. Her heart was racing as she became increasingly darker and evil. The secret behind Kitski and Vera, was that without the other; the other ones power would go uncontrolled if they snapped. Vera was still sane which was a good thing; an uncontrolled gunner is worse then any hacker. Her mind stayed on her frozen partner now, she began to wonder if she would be ok in the end. She looked upward as they ran she considered her options on what she could do to the hacker as she listened in on Nighthand and Reinier. She hadn't been around for this hacker due to her questing for her own good untill she felt ready to take everything on. Her tail was swaying as she ran though it was only because of the wind force generatored by the running group.

When they entered the domed area Vera's eyes began to survey things as she stared at the frozen pets within the wall. She was horrified as she looked at them and then to Kitski. Her eyes began to glow bright red as she closed them quickly and turned her head. She would be enraged if she continued looking at Kitski and the others. She changed her standing position so that all she could see were the hacker and could it be, Tokki. Vera began to chuckle lightly as she stared at the boosting hacker and her old mistress Tokki. She sank back into the crowd as she listened to them and grinned at what fun she was going to have. Her eyes popped open as she heard Melzas give Tokki her order.

Vera began to fire shots off at Tokki as the long arm commenced to kill everyone but oddly enough skipped over her. She began to cry as her mind broke somemore as she caught site of Kitski again. She twitched sadisticly before smiling at the dead bodies. She reached methodicly through her inventory as her ears lay upon her head unmoving. Her tail was swaying but not within the speed of a wag as she watched the long arm go for Gingi. She pulled out several items from her inventory as she grinned and smiled. "Tokki; It has been so long since I saw you. You're a sad excuse for the one I used to obey. I shall bring you back to reality." she told the long arm before turning to Hacorie. She tossed a resurrect on his dead body as she sent him a flash mail.

To: Hacorie
Subject: Operation Meat Shield
Congrats I revived you to be a meat shield. Keep Melzas off my back; Thank you and enjoy.

Vera smiled for a moment before turning back to Tokki as she listed five Dark Night scrolls. She smiled at Tokki before sticking her tongue out playfully as she spun around and waved her behind in the air at the long arm. Her tail began to wag playfully as she grinned and blow her a kiss. Vera was trying to get Tokki to wake up by coming onto her rather strong; this could work two ways. If Tokki was at least bi she may become interested and break free, but if she wasn't then it may anger her enough to break free. She smiled once more as she pulled out a speed charm and activated it as the silver aura overcame her followed by the symbol and a speed boost. "Ap Torv" She announced as it to overcame her and increased her accuracy. She stared at the girl and shook her head in shame for a moment before activating all five scrolls at once. "Dark Night!!!" she yelled as they released towards Tokki.
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:32 am

Reinier sat forward on his chair, peering in to the screen as if it held some meaning to life. He never really watched much T.V. when he had a body in the real world, as he enjoyed doing stuff outside or going places with his friends. His elbows rested on his knees, his left hand creating a clenched fist with his right hand wrapped around it, and his mouth resting on it. He continued to think on why an admin would make an unpublicized event, one of this kind too.

Sazl’em… God, that just sounds so familiar… is this a trap? Yes, it has to be a trap, but I mean… who could think of something of this…? The Elites could have easily set something up like this, but the question is, how did they know where we were going? Did they bug the hideout? That is possible… Seeing as how that Garaa person knows where all the hideouts are… Darkness guy if I remember right… could have become a shadow and stalked one of us back to the hideout… no, that doesn’t make sense… Maybe Nights has figured something out…

“Hey Nights… do you find it odd how only darkness and ice mix in my challenge...?” Reinier asked. He found himself becoming more and more attached to these players that shared his fate. He began to flip from other animals and noticed that everyone seemed to be doing fine, with the exception of Shard. He found this odd, seeing as how the beast, after all, had Nighthand as an owner.

“I find it odd that any can mix at all... That only two can mix means something, I just don't know what yet,” Nighthand replied.

“Yeah... have you been wondering why this admin event wasn't publicized at all? Something's up dude, should we be getting ready for something to happen?” Reinier said to his companion. By this time he put back the ice gemstone and took out the element of Light. If his suspicions about Garaa were right, then he and Gingi would be among the strongest here. But shadow powers always seemed to be the trickiest, and he most likely had the closest to the most evil of powers. For some reason he thought of Sith lords from Star Wars, and how in the games you could rip out people’s souls. But Reinier doubted he had this kind of ability.

“No... That goblin is still watching us; we don't want to alert whatever's running this show. But I'm sure something is up. I've talked a good deal with Asgard, who used to be an Admin himself, and he's never mentioned an Admin named Sazl'em... And they don't let new Admin's make events, especially of this caliber,” Nighthand replied. The conversation continued for a bit until it ultimately died out by the duo’s silence. Reinier flipped back to his pet to see him beat Hac’s fairy thing by a fraction of a second. He chuckled, but didn’t feel like causing a problem. He rolled the light gemstone atop his knuckles as he continued thinking about who could orchestrate an event like this.

Could it be an admin who’s been monitoring us? But then again this is an unknown admin… Asgard and Nighthand would know who this guy was, seeing as how Asgard was somehow an Admin at one time… But wait… where the hell’s Asgard…? Wow, that’s kinda sad… I just noticed he’s not here. Crap, he could be sort of helpful in this kind of element, with Fide’s anyway… Oh well… This is really starting to bug me… Maybe it’s in the name… S-A-Z-L-apostrophe-E-M… Ugh, I need paper…

He suddenly felt a sudden chill come over his body. He growled, gripping his light gem in his hand. His eyes bolted upwards towards Vampire, but it would seem he ambiguously stared at the screen. No problem with that. Reinier knew Hac couldn’t have mastered his powers all that much yet, so something else was up. And that something else seemed to be Nighthand. He threw out his hands forward as if to stop some unseen force from coming. Reinier could feel the coldness begin to subside, but something seemed off. He took a glance at his screen to see static.

No more cable… Taimat, are you okay?

Silence. No witty comeback by his pet. Something seemed to be awry, and it would most likely be hacker based. Reinier came to his feet and watched as Nighthand took the goblin by the throat. He grinned, knowing unnecessary bloodshed would soon follow. He gripped his gem, and watched as one sword formed, then shot out in to a second. The two almost identical winged swords blinked, as Reinier looked up to Nighthand to see what the plan would be. He looked up just in time to notice him cram his sword in to the annoying imp’s throat, as it slowly began to become engulfed with flames.

Sazl’em… wait… that nice little ice bomb thing the imp said… how would you spell it backwards… Me’lzas? No… it couldn’t be… he’s the fire dude, isn’t he?

“Vak DIVIDER!” Nighthand yelled, smashing his sword in to the goblin. Reinier chuckled, and walked from out behind the monitor. “Onward we go,” Nighthand said.

“Uh… so, who IS this Sazl’em guy anyways? I take it you figured it out?” Reinier asked while slowly coming up alongside the powerful Heavyblade.

“It’s so easy you’ll kick yourself. Reverse the name. Our Friendly Neighborhood Admin, Sazl’em, is really our not-so-friendly neighborhood hacker of ice, Melzas. And he has out guardians captured, so let’s go!”

Damnit, I was right… partly… sorta… so he’s an ice hacker… OH RIGHT! He has the ability to see the future! Fuck, how the hell can we combat that? Even Raine and Sheena didn’t know how to fight that, so what chance do we have now, especially without Nall? God, why does he have to rest after every single battle…? Sheesh… what a jerk.

He followed behind Nighthand as the group began running through the long corridor. He muttered the speed enhancement spell, Ap Do, and caught up to Nighthand a little bit. The group continued down the massive corridor, which seemed to be a never ending corridor. He felt as if he had already died, and at the end of the tunnel they would all be in heaven, not some crappy cyber heaven, but a real one, with their real bodies.

Nighthand had been the first to enter the massive dome of ice. Reinier quickly followed, and almost immediately noticed the morbid displace of frozen pets. Something odd and out of place in the massive dome of ice stood in the middle of the room. A blue-haired Long Arm, it couldn’t possibly be Melzas. “Tokki?” Nighthand said. The woman stayed still, not bothering to even open her eyes to the group. “Where’s Melzas?”

Almost immediately, a cold and vile voice, that resembled what a snake would sound like, replied, “Here I am, sssssilly freedom fightersssss…” Melzas, definitely. He resembled Nall a bit, minus the fact he had an eye missing and the other replaced by a golden one. His bony body and lack of clothing wouldn’t ever give the hint that he had powers over ice, seeing as how he seemed unsuited for it. Reinier gripped his swords, knowing that Nighthand would boast and mock the hacker, the thing most would avoid doing.

And so it began, with Nighthand rushing violently towards the new foe Melzas, casting Vak Divider once more upon a foe. Reinier could feel what would happen, as he watched Melzas disappear and reappear further back from Nighthand. An odd attack came next, “AniRue Don!” the hacker called. Black Ice. The only thing you could really call the massive ice spire which appeared above Nighthand. After muttering a few words, the Heavyblade leaped back and smashed the spire with his sword, almost effortlessly.

A small blade of ice shot out from the larger, destroyed spire towards Reinier. He began to dodge it, but it had come at him too fast to move quick enough. For a second, time froze, and he could see the shard make contact with his body. It suddenly grew black, and took a form of a small gem, much like his other two. The gem bounced off of Reinier’s shoulder, and he shot down to pick it up. He looked at it, and could tell that the powers the gem held were that of the darkness element, and any moron would know not to use a dark element attack or weapon against a hacker with powers over that element. He attached the gem to his bracelet, but noticed something odd. His Ice Gem had a nice healthy glow to it, whereas the Black Gem didn’t.

It could be one of a few things I guess… Either the powers of Heaven and Hell are overshadowing the powers of the gem, or I’m going to have to activate it… but… I don’t know how… I probably need a truly dark soul to do some weird ju-ju magic on it… Nighthand’ll do it for me at the root town.

“Impresssssive. But you have not won with that simple dodge. You see, I have my own weapon, one you may have met.” Melzas said in the background. Reinier looked up and could see this “Tokki” woman begin to move. A chilling wind suddenly began to encase the area, and seemed to be powering up the woman. Almost immediately he began analyzing the Long Arm woman, looking for a weakness, looking for what could be called a weakness. He needed outside help, but where to look… Then it hit him, Nighthand knew who she was. He would know something about her hopefully.

To: Nighthand
Suject: Tokki Information
Where does this woman draw her strengths? You seem to know her, I need to know some kind of weakness so we can exploit it as much as possible.

~Reinier

He sent the message and looked up to see Tokki beginning to toy around with what seemed to be nothing. A massive spear seemed to be taking shape, with both sides an intricate fan of blades. She formed a double-ended swallow out of what seemed to be nothing. Reinier gulped, this battle would be brutal.

To: Reinier
Subject: Tokki
Nighthand is busy at the moment and cannot take your call. As such, I will help you with your problem. Tokki is an old member of our group, one that disappeared long before you arrived. Until now we had not heard another word of her, however it seems she has been brainwashed by Melzas. She controls the powers of water and ice, and as such is a very formidable foe in this area. Proceed with caution, though she is not as adept as Melzas, she is close. Her weapon, the unique Mistglaive, is little more than water and ice itself, and as such, it's physical form is simply an extension of her will. As for her weaknesses... I do not know. She is not the same person she used to be, and now she is stronger than she ever was before.

Thank you for calling Silverblade Information Services.

Okay, it’s conceivable to say that Melzas is able to boost her powers over her weapon. The only real way I see to stop Tokki is to kill Melzas, but there’s no way we can get close enough to him with that eye and with her constantly about. I really can’t see a silver lining in this one… and Jesus Christ does this woman like to show off… I mean common, is this all totally necessary…?

The woman suddenly split her Mistglaive in half, creating two spears of a shorter length. Reinier uttered a silent profanity as he slowly moved closer to Gingitsune. She looked up and slowly ran her cold, lifeless eyes across the group of fighters. Reinier continued to scan the woman, trying to figure out what they could do. Logic would dictate that a fire based fighter would be their strongest ally. In a normal world, fire is easily destroyed by water, but in The World, strong amounts of water could be easily quenched with stronger fire. “Ryok’s our strongest fighter right now… and Gingi has one fire spell… I’m pretty useless this battle, but Hac’s bound to get us killed if he even tries to control that woman’s water voodoo…” Reinier muttered. Tokki combined the Mistglaives together, and created one long spear once again. She uttered two magical words which would make her an even bigger threat then anyone would want to fight.

“Ap Do.” Those words marked the beginning of her onslaught. At a magnificent burst of speed, she took off towards Reinier and Gingi. He brought up his two swords and watched as she just buzzed right by him. He let out a heavy sigh, glad he wouldn’t have to do any fighting yet, but he knew he would still have to come up with some kind of plan. Gunshots echoed from the chambers of a psychotic gunman, or woman in this case. Reinier sighed, knowing however many shots she just used up where in vain, and now she could possibly be vulnerable if she had to reload. In the age of swords, spears, and magic two peashooters seemed to be unethical and more of a risk then an advantage to Reinier, but he didn’t have time to think this over, as Tokki seemingly disappeared from the field altogether.

As he scanned the room for any signs of the ice manipulator, something caught his eyes. Hac attempting to put together some kind of attack from gathering up ice particles from his surroundings. “Hac! Don’t! She’ll just use your powers aga-” He was abruptly stopped as Tokki reappeared, and as predicted by anyone with common sense, she controlled his sword enveloped with ice. The sword gently hung in front of Tokki’s face, a cold and merciless face which might have been beautiful if not for all the evils behind it.

With one swift kick, about a nine point four on a scale from nine to ten, Hac flew up two feet; his sword still floating where he let it go. With lightning-quick movements, she once more split her spear in to two sections, and shot the left spear in to Hac’s stomach. The spear exited out of his back, most likely through his spine, leaving a gaping hole in his back and pride. Reinier had to admit, the spear entered and exited as if Hac were nothing more then warm butter, and there was something beautiful seeing karma take its’ toll on the deserving. “See what happens when you act stupid and try to use a water hack against someone clearly stronger then you Hac? You get a spear up the gut…” Reinier muttered.

Suddenly without much of a warning, Ryok stormed off towards Tokki to try and defeat her single handedly it would seem. Reinier’s eyes widened as he watched the key player in his plan rush towards a painful death. He sighed and wondered why he would do something like this, because in all actuality, he never would. It felt like someone else had picked up the controller and told his character what to do. Like God had began to moderate his body. As he ran, the two soon found themselves in a pincer attack upon Tokki. Reinier came to a skidding stop, knowing that one death would be better then two. He had a resurrect ready to revive his fallen partner Ryok, but sadly Hac would just have to stay dead for a bit. Reinier glanced over at the levitating Hac, and noticed that his lips had become a dull purple, a very clear sign of frostbite.

Guess we’ll have to amputate his head. No big loss there.

“Vak Don!” echoed. Reinier looked up to see Ryok shooting out a fire spell like a bullet from his sword, an odd sight. Normally, the spell would just fall on the foe, but instead it came towards Tokki who just swung to the side and dodged it easily. Reinier brought his swords together in to an X form, and took the blunt blow of the blast. He flew backwards and slid across the room, gently coming to a skidding stop against Gingitsune’s feet. His jacket had caught flame, but the main blows of the attack had been deflected by the swords. He lay there, staring up at the ceiling, wishing he had been more powerful. He had the will of any great fighter, but he lacked the necessary amount of strength.

He felt dazed by the attack as he looked up to Gingi who began to kneel down to him from behind. “Rei-rei hurt…” was all he managed to say. She cast a healing spell over his body, giving him back his strength. He slowly sat up and tossed his jacket to the side, its’ usefulness used up. Reinier looked over the carnage that the woman had somehow manage to unleash upon the group. He looked over at Ryok, who seemed sickened by something. Not hurt, but just in distraught. He looked lower to see Ryok’s sword soaked in a crimson stream, and even lower to see Hac with a new gash in his ribs. Reinier felt sick, and looked down to the ground. “We need a plan… this is worse then fighting Raikari… I need a plan… or criticism… wait… free the pets, we need to do that somehow… Stupid Taimat and his constant ridiculing actually gave me a decent plan for once…”

“Tokki; it has been so long since I saw you. You're a sad excuse for the one I used to obey. I shall bring you back to reality.” Vera uttered these words to Tokki, and Reinier cringed. She stuck out her tongue at Tokki, spun around and started smacking her ass. She spun around again and seemed to do three things. She activated a scroll, giving her the affects of Ap Do, then activated the affects of Ap Torv. Next thing Reinier knew, she tossed up five scrolls at Tokki. His eyes widened, wondering what the hell she was thinking. He sighed, knowing there would be no controlling this woman. He felt as if he was now another person short. Hac seemed to be up and about, but not very about because he still seemed frostbitten.

Reinier finally slowly came up to his feet, looking around at the group. “Vera, stop with the ‘lesbian charm’ thing, it’s only making me more pissed off and unable to think. Don’t use darkness spells, common, if Melzas can control it, then how do we know he can’t just shoot that ability in to Tokki and have her use it against us!? I think it’s time we actually think about how we’re battling so… lemme use something I’ve been saving. Crystalline Oversoul! A fairly large amount of power gathered in to his swords, as he slowly brought them together. He brought them forward, then pulled the swords away from each other, letting the blades run together for as long as possible. A loud scraping sound echoed, as from the wake of the swords, a burst of energy shot out and enveloped each Freedom Fighter in the room.

Six fairy like creatures fluttered around everyone now, each glowing a different color according to their corresponding element. Each fairy would be willing to take death to protect the Freedom Fighter if they were attacked with the corresponding element. Reinier quickly pulled up the Flashmail menu, and began to type away, hoping his plan would work.

To: Ryok, Hac, Vera

Ryok, get ready to unleash all the fire power you have on Tokki.

Hac, go attack at the same time as Ryok with your strongest non water, ice, or darkness skills. Yes, that does involve putting away the Moumo.

Vera, no darkness spells, just lay a heavy suppressive fire.

He quickly sent the message and looked over to Gingi, and gulped. “I hope they listen to me… I’m gonna need you to use any fire magic on Tokki soon, and when that happens I’ll rush in with Ryok and try and beat her down… This plan is so half-baked, but it’s the best I can do under pressure…”

((OOC: Basically, the skill I cast lets you get one freebee if you’re attacked with a spell. Example: I get hit with a Rue Rom. I take no damage and the blue fairy goes *poof* Also, if you couldn’t tell, I can’t stand being god-modded. If you have any stipulations on what to do with my character, just ask away. If I’m not on AIM, use a PM. That’s what they’re there for.))
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:56 am

Conner slipped from the cab with a graceful bow of his head. With the fee paid and the driver satisfied, the steel framed, yellow coated vehicle slipped off into the eerie blanket of darkness in the distance. Stars above twinkled with unspoken secrets and the crescent curve of the moon spilt silver, shimmering light over the culinary academy’s campus. The tread of soft light seemed to illuminate a path for him with promises of blissful sleep. It had been so long since he had laid himself down upon a normal bed. Conner had endured weeks of the hospital's poor excuse of a bed, flushed constantly with tormenting waves of radiation. It was true that the harsh rays had saved his life and fought back his ailment, but even that wouldn't sway him to turn a blind eye to the horrors of the sterilized institution. Ignoring the haunting memories of time passed, the exhausted college student began his sloth-like pace to the oak entrance ahead.

The custodian flashed Conner a mixed look of itching agitation and sweeping relief, having been asked to keep the main entrance open for Conner's return. A small pinch of guilt tugged at the back of the boy's worn out consciousness. Going to a hotel for the night would have been the more proper way of going about things, but Conner couldn't stand another night away from bed; not after such a tight containment in the hospital. A smile as fake as the gold on the man's watch was given to Conner as a parting gift before he was once again alone and praying for a flashlight to fall magically into his hand. With the absurd notion of magical light sources dismissed, his eyes squinted reflexively and begged for quick adjustment. Frustration gave way to impatience and Conner found himself stumbling through the building with hands tossed out before him like some makeshift B-Rated zombie.

Memories from months of repetitive scheduling and monotonous walking hadn't been rusted away by a handful of weeks away from the campus. Recollection and limited eyesight teamed up and guided him in the right direction. Though his little journey was not without a few stubbed toes and whispered curses, Conner managed to make it to his dorm room in one piece. He paused for a cautious moment in front of the door as if the brute force of reality would ruin whatever fantasy he had cooking. Reluctance accompanied his wrist as the key slid in and the door knob churned to the side. One last, unaffected breath filled his lazy lungs as his shoulder moved the door slowly open, revealing a rather untouched space. It was then the realizations of his roommates own hospitalization hit him, a small vacuum seeming to suck the potential life from the room. Leo would be fine, he was told, but his absence made the dorm room seem as empty as the hall Conner had been wobbling through moments before.

A small satchel containing a few odds and ends of Conner's was tossed onto the floor, just barely missing the targeted bed post. He had been so out of it he had nearly forgotten about the small bag and, feeling rather foolish, the college student flung himself onto the reassuring cotton of his own bed. It had the perfect texture of some cosmic cloud, the exact thing Conner had hoped to come home to. To his dismay, obsession took over the welling continent of fatigue and he found himself glancing over at his computer. He wanted so much to simply close his eyes and let unconscious divinities take over his thoughts, but it had just been too long since he had logged onto the World. His ears called for the gentle, harmonious hum of the tower and the iridescent glow of the plasma monitor. Knowing full well he'd regret it later on, Conner got to his feet with an emphasized thunk on the carpet. A small series of derogatory comments that would make a pimp blush filled the room as he made his way to the computer.

Nearly limp hands sought their way in the darkness, having a little less luck finding their targets than before. Eager fingers sought out the monitor and the tower buttons, the night a black cloud all around him. A smile betrayed his childish excitement as everything seemed to jump to life at once. The beaming light of the screen before him didn't seem to bother him; his eyes already squinted from his mini adventure not long ago. Second nature had the goggles on his head and the sleek controller in his hand in a matter of seconds, the ALTLIMIT desktop receding into 'The World's log in screen. Again he found himself pausing in fear of another let down. So elaborately had his mind structured his return to the fantasy world that one thing out of placed threatened to bring the entire thing to a crumbling pile of ruins. Even with such a possibility apparent and obvious to him, Conner couldn't help but press on.
Username: Zan
Password: •••••••

Processing...
Processing...
Finding Local Server...
Connecting...

Aqua Capital, Mac Anu
Unlike the choking charcoal, lightless twilight around him in the real world, the Delta server root town was lit with an awe-inspiring sunrise overhead. For what could have been a solid ten or fifteen minutes, the Heavy Blade stared wide eyed and open mouthed at the sight above. It had a sort of ominous beauty to its multitude of colors, the same aura one got from a being inches away from a sleeping tiger. Zan was all too aware of the tragedies the World was capable of and he not longer let himself bathe in his delusions. Reality had shaken him from his euphoric ignorance and ripped apart the veil the game had worked so hard to stitch. Each weave was worked with a hand of deceit and a needle of greed. Whatever logical portion of Zan still lived laughed at the fact that he always returned and ravenous craved the program. It was around the same time he had the revelation of the World's true capabilities that he had decided to stop resisting his own impulses. The moment he snapped from his trance he decided to send a rather important flashmail, one he had dreaded writing for weeks. It was time to own up to his mistakes.

Flashmail!
To User: Nighthand
From User: Zan
Subject: My Apologies...

I realize I left last time without so much as a good bye. Your situation and the possible effects it could have on my life sort of brought out the coward in me. I had a lot of problems on my plate, and with my cancer in remission I feel a bit humbled. So, my apologies. I wish you and yours luck. Wish I could have been more of a help.

-Zan

End Flashmail!

The Heavy Blade sighed as he sent the message out, guilt a lead weight at the bottom of his gut. Never before had he given in to fear. Never before had he abandoned people who had needed him. Zan had a nagging feeling that his flashmail would be ignored because of selfless decisions of the past. He waited for a few moments, standing in a rather dumb, plain stance in the middle of the mainstream crowd. Minutes passed and no flashmail moved to grace his inbox. That alone had been enough to squash his need to play and self-pity was mixing with his sleep depravation. As Zan began to lift the goggles from his eyes, a small beep made him jump a bit in his seat, heart thudding with a bit more surprise than it needed at this time of night. Opening the flashmail, the Heavy Blade was decorated with a relieved smile.

Flashmail!
To User: Zan
From User: Silverblade
RE: My Apologies...

Greeting, Zan. You probably saw me for a moment in the battle with Ruguderoll. I understand your fears, these are some fearsome opponents. However, we've once again found ourselves in a sticky situation. We've come up against Melzas and Tokki, the ice hacker and the ice queen. We need all the help we can get. I can't guarantee your safety, unfortunately, but your help would be greatly appreciated. If you want to join us, come to Delta: Lightless Eternal Abyss. It's only a short distance into the ice castle; you should hear us from there.

-Silverblade

End Flashmail

Without a second thought the Heavy Blade was facing the spinning gold-blue of the Chaos Gate. This was the chance he needed to redeem himself, to show everyone that he wasn't a coward. Though his agenda was splintered with some selfish purposes, he had potential friends to protect. His sword lanced through the air as he thrusted it towards the object, keywords rolling effortlessly off of his lips. Doubt was quickly killed as Zan was swallowed up by the familiar dissension of the golden rings. The man's foot tapped with an eagerness that beat at his chest like a primal drum. Only when the rings lifted from him and he stood at an oddly fenced in ice field did he feel the tension release. A burst of adrenaline swam through his boiling blood stream, his eyes easily spotting the aforementioned castle. With on last sigh that washed away all notable anxieties, Zan ran up the stairs and past a blood stained wall. Things flew past him as he soared through the structure and down a long tunnel. Within moments he was on the sheet of ice, eyes sweeping over the assortment of players and the pets trapped below the frozen saturation. Looks like he had arrived just in time.
Last edited by Zan on Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:43 am

Sitting with head on his knees, Hac suddenly stood up as a brisk chill began to crawl up his spine. He began to wonder whom it was who was emitting the brilliant cold, which even he could not stop. Could this be the work of that hacker who everyone seems to think is the admin of this little get together? I do not know anymore though, but who could be doing this? Aqualiea do you know anyone else who has the same powers I do? Is there anyone you have heard of or is something just nagging at me and I am using my power on myself No answer came from his thoughts, only one answered him, but it was one whom he had not expected. This voice had not said anything in many a day.

Well well, seems the link between you and the Faerie was cut off. I bet she has been transported somewhere out of range of your telepathy talking, or . . . she is dead. I like the second idea better, but the first seems much more plausible. I think you should go back to that room with everyone else. There is something bugging me and its energy is coming from within that place. I do not know what it is, but it is worth checking out. Maybe it is that ice element you have been feeling. How did you know? Well It does not really matter how, there are many things about your creation I do not know yet. I will go back, but do not expect me to work with some of those people. A few of them are idiots, but maybe that is why I stay. If they want me to stay, I need to figure out why I should help them.

So far it is because I was promised a rare item, but if all comes true by what Nighthand said, I should get the rare item from this quest right here. If I do, I have no reason to help them. What will be the point in it all? If there is not something that I can relate with them for, besides be trapped by the world, then I should not help at all. If I can find a common bond between me and at least one of them, then I will help. There is nothing right now though holding me here. I could just leave, but my curiosity of what the Moumokuteki was sensing is getting to me. Maybe after a quick peek I will leave. If it was just going crazy, I will also leave.
Hac thought to himself as he began walking toward where he had just exited to come out into the fences off area.

Entering back into the couched area, a fiery glow could be seen as Nights finished off the Goblin which had been blocking some entrance. Everyone quickly entered it and found them in another room, where someone seemed to be waiting for them. It was one of the hackers in which Nighthand had talked about briefly before. The power of this hacker had to be amazing if he was the one sending shivers up Hacorie's spine. The idiot Nighthand, not thinking, took this into his own account. Quickly he ran forward using the Corona Blade which he had gotten a few quests back. "Vak Divider!" Nighthand yelled as he jumped in the air toward the hacker called Melzas.

Hac watched in awe as fire erupted his sword and Nighthand began swing at the hacker. Vak Divider must have been the level three version of Death Bringer because the beginning moves were the exact same. A strange thing began to happen though, Hacorie saw that the high level Heavy Blade's blade went right through the hacker's body. It was so strange, and if it were if the hacker was not even there. Maybe the hacker was an illusion or in another dimension. He could be like that bad guy in the Tenchi OVA's, in another dimension and just can fight in that dimension. Or, it could be the hacker’s special ability. Looking in a gaze, Hac began shaking his head to get out of it. Looking to the side of his body, he saw all of their pets. With a silent gasp, Hacorie spotted Aqualiea.

Wanting to sink to his knees, Hac began staring at her. She was in her human size form and was just frozen there. Her face looked so awestricken. When she froze, she seemed to be in a state if confusion and shock. What could have done this to her though? If she had not relinquished her powers, she would be able to beat the ice in which she was entrapped in. With a tear running down his eye, Hacorie looked over at Melzas the hacker with anger flowing through his eye. Before he could do anything though, Hacorie was met by a strange sounding spell.

"AniRue Don!" Hacorie was amazed to see another dual element like the one he saw in the room before. Even though he was not near the hacker, the Heavy Blade tried to pick out the water from the spell, but he could not. They were intertwined and could not be separated by Hacorie at this time. Nighthand quickly dealt with the two elements with ease and even pocketed the second of the two, literally. Blinking at the power of the Heavy Blade, Hacorie laughed in his mind. He had never noticed how powerful Nighthand really was, but now he saw, he saw that the Heavy Blade was one of the strongest people he had ever seen. Gazing up in the air, another weird was seen through Hac's eyes.

A woman? She had blue hair and beautiful skin. The lady seemed to be known as Tokki. The name seemed familiar to the Heavy Blade, but Hac did not put any thought into it. She had her eyes closed as if she was dormant and did not have a soul. She had a blue necklace around her neck, and gloves that went to her elbows. In her hand was a blue weapon. It was named the Mistglaive. This was a powerful spear just by the looks of it. She likes water as well? It is a small world after all in "The World". Hac chuckled at his own pun within his mind and focused back on the fight between Nighthand and Melzas

"Impresssssive. But you have not won with that simple dodge. You see, I have my own weapon, one you may have met." The lady named Tokki then looked over at the group. A cold shiver went up Hac's spine again. It was her who caused him to feel this coldness. She was the one who sent shivers up his spine, and not because she was hot and foxy, but because she was as cold as ice. A gust of wind burst from her body, and Hac smiled as the coldness encircled him. The feeling was colder than normal ice. She soon began glowing blue, and her eyes became like Hac's except instead of a deep blue glow, they were more of a sapphire color. Her eyes were not the only thing glowing though, Tokki's entire body was engulfed in the bluish glow.

Tokki then summoned her weapon, the Mistglaive. It looked like water, and only water. How could she handle it if it is just water? Does she . . . Hacorie stopped his thought as he withdrew his Moumokuteki from his back. He did not want to be caught off guard by his eyes. With a few hand movements by the lady Tokki, the spear began to become longer and longer. It became so large that it was almost twice the size of Hacorie, or so it looked from his distance away. Hac then noticed the spear was not water anymore, instead it was made of ice. Hac quickly tried to change it back to water, but it seemed a force was stopping him. Could Melzas sense what I am doing and is he stopping me?

A snap then echoed throughout the seemingly quiet room. The Mistglaive she carried snapped in half. She formed two of the same weapons, and then put it back together and shortened the spear a small bit. Tokki was show boating, and Hac knew it just by looking at her. She was showing them all that she was strong and was not a force to be reckoned with. Holding Moumo still in front of his body, Hacorie tightened his grip on it as he stared the Long Arm down showing no fear what so ever in his eyes. She may be strong, but let's see how she can fight. So far all she has done is show us a few impressive magic tricks. Looking at each of the players for a brief second, Tokki tried to put fear inside of them since she knew they were there.

"Ap Do." Hacorie read leave the lips of Tokki as a white glow engulfed her body and Tokki began rushing at the group. In a few mere seconds she was passed one of the strongest, Gingi, and one of the weaker people, Reinier. It seemed Tokki was heading for Vera, the gunner. With a scared, and sad look in her eyes, Vera took out her guns and pointed them at Tokki. Bullet shots rang out through the room as Vera shot at Tokki after wiping her eyes which had tears in them. With her eyes closed, Vera did not notice the bullets go straight through Tokki's body as if she was not even there. With a few swirls of his hands which were still on the Moumokuteki, the clone of Tokki disappeared and Hac noticed a puddle where it was. Mist?

However, she can't fool me with her water tricks! For some unknown reason, Hacorie looked at the puddle and formed it into ice. He then lifted the particles into the air and sent them flying toward the Moumo. The blade fused with the ice and became sort of like the hacker’s abilities, a dual element. Looking on at the real Tokki, Hacorie swung his blade at her and watched on as it neared her face. Right before it struck her, a force stopped the blade in mid air. Peering at Tokki, Hac tightened his grip as he felt his hands withing his own blue gloved begin to sweat. The blade would not move, and he was defenseless. What the . . . I can't.

"Your abilities are pathetic, Heavy Blade." Tokki said as she stared back at him. Her foot came up into his stomach and inserted itself into his stomach. The pain was immense, and Hac could hardly breathe. He felt his feet leave the ground as he began to rise higher. While in the air, Tokki did a quick move, split her Mistglaive in half, and shoved one of them through where she kicked the Heavy Blade. The weapon went right through his body, and Hacorie began throwing up blood. He felt so cold, but also so warm. He tried to move his lips to see if she could read them, but he could not move them, he was stuck on her weapon, frozen form the inside.

Hac looked on from where he was and saw Ryok rushing toward him with sword ready to attack Tokki. Idiot, don’t do that, she can thrust me at . . . too late Hacorie spoke to himself as he felt himself flying through the air again as another pain surged through his body. Ryok had slashed too soon, and Tokki sent Hacorie flying at the slash getting killed by it when the two connected. Soon after, Hacorie felt a warm presence come back to his body. It was Vera, reviving him. Vera? Getting back to his feet, Hacorie looked over at the gunner and grinned at her for the help. Turning back around he put one of his hands in front of him and drew the excess water from his body and watched it fall and make a splash on the ground. This is where Reinier's joke from earlier would have been quite funny.

Soon after the splash, Hac received a Flashmail from the one who revived him.

FlashMail

To: Hacorie
Subject: Operation Meat Shield I do not like the sound of this.

Congrats I revived you to be a meat shield. Keep Melzas off my back; Thank you and enjoy.

End Flashmail

Flashmail

To:Vera
Subject: Re: Operation Meat Shield

Yes Ma'am. I owe you for reviving me, and I am a sucker for women crying. I'll be the best meat shield I can be! And mind explaining this Tokki to me and that nice weapon of hers?

End Flashmail

Vera then began to try to get Tokki's attention as she slipped a few scrolls from somewhere. An Ap Do spell engulfed Vera as she shouted a spell right after the speed charm scroll. "Ap Torv!" Right after the Ap Torv spell took itself into effect, Vera activated five Dark Night Scrolls. She must be building up for Ani Eater again soon.

Reinier's swords soon began to glow brighter than normal, and with a large screeching sound, like nails on a chalkboard, fairies appeared everywhere. These were not like Hac's pet, they were much different in fact. Each of them was like an element itself. If a spell attacked Hac, that spell would be deemed worthless, but the fairy of that element would disappear. So it was safe to call the more like absorbers. Looking over at Reinier, Hac had a surprising look on his face. That look then changed, as Hac focused on Melzas, the hacker. Before he could start that way though, another Flashmail came his way.

Flashmail

Ryok, get ready to unleash all fire powers you have on Tokki.

Hac, go attack at the same time as Ryok with your strongest non water, ice, or darkness spells. Yes, that does involve putting away the Moumo.

End Flashmail

Hacorie sighed after the Flashmail and just decided to ignore it. Reinier was more inexperienced than he, and Hac did not fully trust him yet. Also, Vera asked for Hac to do something first. The Heavy Blader also sighed because Reinier told Vera to do something, and also something not to do. That was a big NO NO. Vera was a woman, and all women were the same, lesbian or not. Once one is at the crying stage, you leave them alone and do what they say, or the come over, and blow your head off. Hac felt really sorry for Reinier now.

Hac soon pulled out an Emporer's Soul and downed it with one gulp. Turning toward Melzas, Hacorie began rushing toward him. Even though he was not as strong as Nighthand, Hacorie had to follow his orders to keep the hacker at bay. I still have not found a reason to help, this is only to get even with Vera for helping me out. Maybe though I should stay with them? Maybe I am here to help them. What use am I though if this Tokki lady joins them again? She is clearly much stronger than I and has better control. While she is evil though, I need to keep calm. If I summon rain by accident, we all will be dead. She could easily turn them all to ice shards and send them toward us at a fast speed.

Getting closer to the hacker, Hac looked back and noticed his Moumo was still in air. He put his hand behind him and summoned the ice. Since the ice was fused with the blade, the blade came toward him, hilt first. Grabbing the sword, Hacorie sheathed it and placed his hands at his side. One held the sheathe of his KK, the other held the hilt of it. Coming in closer and closer to the hacker, Hac thought what he wanted to use.

Hirameki! As the quick draw attack was put into effect, Hac withdrew the katana which was already glowing a dazzling green color. He looked on at Melzas and hoped the hacker would pay him enough attention so Vera could do her work.

Unbeknownst to anyone around, Hacorie also had something literally up his sleeve. Since the hacker liked Ice and Darkness so much, Hac had a scroll to hopefully help. As the Hirameki spell was put into effect, Hac took some of the water which was on his cloak. This water was some that was meant for the Moumo, but did not freeze. The water went up his sleeve and compressed a scroll. This scroll Hac gout from his last quest with these people. It was a Flame Blast. And Hac wanted it to attack the hacker.

(OOC: DONE!!! And if the hacker uses another dual spell will the fairies be able to absorb it, or are they only for single spell elements?)
Last edited by Hacorie on Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:40 am

After all this time, Tokki’s power had not diminished. In fact, if anything, she was more powerful than she had ever been. She didn’t seem to have increased in level at all, but her powers…

Nighthand kept one eye on the battle, one on Melzas. He had to figure out a way to distract the hacker. Chaos ensued; however, Melzas seemed to do nothing about it. The hacker calmly watched everything with his eye. Nighthand knew it was analyzing everything it saw, giving Melzas a prediction of the future that was nearly 100% accurate. They would have little hope of confusing him.

Hacorie was quickly revived, thanks to a quick action from Vera. Nighthand didn’t see the flashmail’s going through the air, but he seemed to take notice. Then Vera unleashed five scrolls of Dark Night.

Nighthand had to resist the urge to grab the spells and power them up; it would do no good. He watched as Melzas let them wash over him, seemingly unharmed after it all.

To: Nighthand
Suject: Tokki Information
Where does this woman draw her strengths? You seem to know her, I need to know some kind of weakness so we can exploit it as much as possible.

~Reinier

Nighthand didn’t have the concentration to spare, to respond. Silverblade, living in his slightly accelerated time perception, did.

To: Reinier
Subject: Tokki
Nighthand is busy at the moment and cannot take your call. As such, I will help you with your problem. Tokki is an old member of our group, one that disappeared long before you arrived. Until now we had not heard another word of her, however it seems she has been brainwashed by Melzas. She controls the powers of water and ice, and as such is a very formidable foe in this area. Proceed with caution, though she is not as adept as Melzas, she is close. Her weapon, the unique Mistglaive, is little more than water and ice itself, and as such, it's physical form is simply an extension of her will. As for her weaknesses... I do not know. She is not the same person she used to be, and now she is stronger than she ever was before.

Thank you for calling Silverblade Information Services.

Reinier cast his Light-based skill, the first time revealed as a useful ability.

I may eventually be able to emulate that, on a smaller scale… Not light based, but something else… It bears some research, I think.”
Sure, have at it.

To User: Nighthand
From User: Zan
Subject: My Apologies...

I realize I left last time without so much as a good bye. Your situation and the possible effects it could have on my life sort of brought out the coward in me. I had a lot of problems on my plate, and with my cancer in remission I feel a bit humbled. So, my apologies. I wish you and yours luck. Wish I could have been more of a help.

-Zan

Again Silverblade handled the answer.

To User: Zan
From User: Silverblade
RE: My Apologies...

Greeting, Zan. You probably saw me for a moment in the battle with Ruguderoll. I understand your fears, these are some fearsome opponents. However, we've once again found ourselves in a sticky situation. We've come up against Melzas and Tokki, the ice hacker and the ice queen. We need all the help we can get. I can't guarantee your safety, unfortunately, but your help would be greatly appreciated. If you want to join us, come to Delta: Lightless Eternal Abyss. It's only a short distance into the ice castle; you should hear us from there.

-Silverblade

Nighthand was distracted thusly, when Hacorie decided to attack Melzas personally.

”Hacorie, NO!” But it was too late. Melzas already would have seen the attack coming.

”Sssssilly Heavy Blade… To think you could attack me!

Melzas, faster than should have been possible, was suddenly inches from Hacorie’s face. Nighthand then saw how he had been fooled; he’d been watching Melza’s mirage, not his actual self. He didn’t have the perception of Nall, he couldn’t see the cloaked player.

A bony hand reached out and grabbed Hac’s attacking arm, stopping him in his tracks. Hac’s secondary attack, the fire scroll, was a good idea… But couldn’t beat Melza’s perception.

Nighthand watched as Hacorie and Melzas were both enveloped by the flames. When the heat and fire cleared, nothing. Hacorie stood as he had been, but Melzas was again gone.

”Ha ha ha haaaaa… My goal here today isss not to fight you, freedom fighterssss!”

Nighthand looked upwards, and spotted on a high ledge the ice hacker.

”What are you doing, then, Melzas?

”How nice of you to assssk! Why, I am simply tessssting my new weapon! Ssshe sssseem marvelousss sso far… But I need more tesssstsss! Ssso Fight away!

Nighthand shook his head. He knew the hacker had something up his sleeve, the question was, what?

Nighthand leapt as high as he could, then jabbed his blade into the wall. Pulling himself onto it, he grabbed onto the wall and pulled it free, quickly kicking off and onto another small ledge, near where Melzas stood.

I have to keep an eye on him…

Nighthand shouted to those below. ”I’ll make sure he doesn’t pull anything on us… You all concentrate on Tokki!”

His voice left echoing in the cavern, he turned and focused on Melzas again. This time, he watched the energy around him as well as the hacker himself. He wouldn’t be caught off guard again.

(OOC: The protection offered by Reinier’s spell will not cover dual-element spells… Basically, think of them as completely different elements. Though Melzas won’t be doing much until the end, my advice is concentrate on tokki.

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:57 am

With a smile, Hac swung his sword upward as a leafy green color surrounded his katana. Striking at what he thought was Melzas, Hac felt his momentum face no opposition. Looking in front of him, the Heavy Blade saw only an image of the hacker, like a hologram that had been touched. "Sssssilly Heavy Blade... To think you could attack me." Melzas called to him from somewhere near. An icy cold hand touched his shoulder. This is the exact time that Hac used his powers to crush the scroll and release the level two fire tornado. The tornado erupted both of them, but as fast as Hacorie felt the hand, it was gone. Though his body felt cold from the tough, it was now warming up, a little too much. As the tornado calmed, Hac had singe marks on his cloak and hands. Moving his fingers a bit, Hacorie looked around again for the hacker, Melzas. Though neither of his attacks worked, Hacorie still kept the ice hacker at bay. Vera better be working on her plan.

Trying to find Melzas again, Hacorie spotted a movement above him. It was Nighthand jumping and hopping to the ledge that was in the center. This was where Melzas was. Somehow, the hacker had teleported up to the ledge without anyone seeing. Could that eye also slow down time? Hacorie quickly turned to the side and was about to form a stairway of the ice, but Nighthand's voice stopped him. "I'll make sure he doesn't pull anything on us... You all concentrate on Tokki." Quickly looking at everyone who was gonna face her, Hac turned back and looked up. He was directed to keep Melzas at bay, but it seemed Nighthand was going to do that. Looking over at the gunner, Hac saw Aqualiea, still entrapped in ice. That is it!

Turning in a complete circle, the Heavy Blade player saw the dragon of Reinier’s, Taimat. This dragon had to know how to use fire. Fire! Fire is the answer! Sheathing the KK, Hac pulled out a silver and red blade from his inventory. This sword was known as the Magnifier. It held extreme powers of fire within it. Ap Vakz! Hacorie called in his mind as he felt the power of fire coursing through his chilling armor. A red light engulfed his body and a red aura began to shine from his blade. Hacorie then turned to the frozen water. Staring at it, he had to think of as way to melt all of the confining the dragon. Once this happened, Hacorie would ask Reinier for assistance. He would ask the lower Heavy Blade to ask Taimat to help Hac free the rest of the pets by lending his fire power. He may get on my nerves, but I have to ask him to help. There is no other way.

What if Tokki decides to intervene in your plan? You know what happened last time. She was all over you. You cannot protect yourself from her and also free these pets. You will barely be able to protect yourself. I know, I know, but I have to try. They cannot stay in there, and they could really help us out. I will ask Reinier for help, and tell him my plan. As he conversed with the Moumokuteki, Hacorie started making up a Flashmail that he could send to the Heavy Blade who had bestowed the tiny fairies around him, on him.

Flashmail
To:Reinier

Look, I am going to try and free our pets. They are valuable companions and could help out with the problem known as Tokki. Please keep Tokki at bay until I can free your pet(which will be first) Once it is freed, see if you can converse with it and ask it to help me.
~Hacorie

End Flashmail

Without waiting for a reply from Reinier, Hacorie focused his thoughts back onto the solid sheet of ice which contained their pets. Looking at a small segment, Hacorie took one of his hands and placed it on the ice. Tensing all the muscles in his arm, Hac focused on the ice. Slowly he felt his hand start going through the ice, for it had turned to water. Quickly taking his Magnifier, Hacorie slid the blade into the water he had made. Still focusing on the water, the Heavy Blade thought of the skill he wished. Vak Drive! His sword began to erupt in flames, and the gargantuan flames were soon enlarged by the Ap Vakz. The ice quickly began to melt, no matter how icy it was, heat rose, and once it rose the ice melted. While his sword was stuck in the ice, Hac let it go and placed his other hand on the ice. With this, he kept the sword inside the water and ice.

The heat of the skill quickly began to make a large portion of the water boil. Now that it was boiling, Hac shoved all the boiled water against the ice behind it. With a sizzle, a steam erupted from the hole and Hac gazed through it to see the ice all around the water was melting. His plan was working. All that was left to do was to summon the fire skill a few more times, and use his powers. As long as Tokki was getting held up by Reinier, Hacorie could finish his work. Taimat would be freed in moments if Hac's next plan worked. The Heavy Blade quickly picked up his Magnifier once again and went to a different spot. He once again made the ice there water, and shoved it in.

Instead of thinking Vak Drive though, Hacorie pulled out another sword from his inventory, the Byakuen. He then made another hole of water away from the one his magnifier was in. Stepping back from the ice, Hac began to think of two fire skills. Vak Drive! Karin The two swords lit up with an inferno, and soon all that could be seen where Hac was standing was a fog. Using all his energy, Hac began to compress the droplets of the fog with the now boiling water near the two fire swords. Pressing all this water against the cold ice behind it, an even larger fog came up. Hacorie only hoped it would be enough to give Taimat enough room to break free of the ice.

On another positive note, Hac was only then beginning to feel the starting symptoms of fatigue. This meant Hacorie’s powers over water and ice were improving.

I really hope this works...
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade

Equips

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:43 am

Hijinx cracked her neck as she looked at Tokki; she had the same face, but something was definately off. She cracked her knuckles too, just for good measure, and pulled the pair of ice skates she had before from her pocket. As she fastened them, she activated a skill that had been gathering dust from lack of use lately. Her pupils vanished, replaced instead by red circular targeting recticles with four small box-like extensions on the ouside. A small mechanical voice in the back of her head replied cheerfully to the activation.

"Now collecting data on subject Tokki..."

Somewhere back in pandora, a man in uniform like a swat team members signalled 3 others in similar garb to him. He appraised a screen carefully before cursing and slamming a fist on top of a nearby terminal. He turned and faced his allies, pulling off a pair of reflective goggles and a black mask which covered his entire head down to the chest. He was clearly annoyed, and exasperated frustration was evident on his face.

"Why wasn't I told about this sooner, who the hell is responsible for this mess, and why am I being forced to clean this up?!"

He passed another glance over the monitors and snapped his fingers. He pointed to the closest one and waved him over, smiling in spite of his task.

"I want you to check all of these for a history. We'll figure out what she's up to with this place soon enough."

Another gesture and the remaining two were in from of him, standing with their hands behind their backs.

"I want you to go to this Mac Anu root town, and you to the other. Me and Beta are going to stay here and do research. You're to radio us should they turn up, I don't want another fiasco like last time."

Back on the battle field

The twinblade stretched her legs and pushed herself to her feet, giggling to herself. All she needed was a pet, preferably a big one that was really loud. As she skated in circles, she eyed Hacories progress. She would have what she needed soon enough.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:45 pm

A brief moment. That was as long as Tokki's deeply submerged subconscious managed to halt her bloodlusted blind fury. As if it wasn't strange enough that these fighters seemed to already know who she was, and in some mild respect what she was capable of, it was a coarsely issued statement that ripped towards her banks of memory, attempting with untold ferocity to unsheath it from a shell layers upon layers thick with numbing ice. The deadly long arm, still backed in a defensive position, found herself out of mind and body for a split second as she tried to comprehend the insult spat at her from Vera's position. She used.. to serve?

Contemplation ceased soon thereafter, and her self-confidence, blossoming with more flamboyance than a cherry blossom tree within a pinewood forest, redirected her attention to the insult. Tokki sent a glare in the direction of the insolent gunner that could have pierced a diamond. Only moments later did the insolent girl lick her lips, slap her backside, and quickly dispel any possibility of her being a threat-- let alone of being anything but a ditzy nuisance with a weapon just as irritating. Energy coursed through the girls body after the strength enhancing Ap Corv was casted, and, in succession, the girl tossed five Night Blight scrolls harmlessly into the air in Tokki's general direction, unleashing massive amounts of dark energy into the air. How she was managing this was insignificant, albeit odd.

The long arm scoffed at the irritating girl, who apparently had revived the pitifully-adept water manipulating Heavy Blade that she had slain mercilessly sometime during her incessant ranting. As the darkness swarmed on the Long Arm's location, Tokki's instincts were triggered once again, and her reactionary demeanor, however brief, was replaced by her lust for battle. Tokki summoned forth a massive amount of the water that encircled the room to her immediate location. The previously untapped water molecules split, and made a journey through the air that was so surreptitiously expedient, the ensuing visual could steal the breath from any onlooker. It was not a wave of water-- far from it. It was a thin wall of liquid that distorted the air it occupied, creating a brief mirage.

Tokki's figure surged with the azure glow more intensely than ever before as she amassed the summoned water into a large wall of ice directly in front of the swarming dark molecules. Merely fifteen dramatic seconds had elapsed after the darkness had appeared and began closing on Tokki's position. The swarm of darkness begun to press into the wall of ice, spreading over it's surface in search of it's borders so that the energy may continue towards it's target. An outstretched hand, nearly limp yet commanding an immense amount of power, extended from Tokki's frame towards the magnificent barrier erected before her. And as if it were the magic word that would breathe life into her creation, the long arm uttered a simplistic command for both Vera and the structure alike: "Die."

With a display of speed that one would never expect from something of such an incredible mass, the wall pulsed forth as if it were alive, and bashed into Vera's frame hard, taking with it a large amount of the dark energy that was spreading over it's slippery surface. The girl contemplated diving, and after grasping that the width of the wall surpassed her capabilities, she attempted to jump over the nearly 12 foot high wall, turning in mid air like an athelete at the high jump would to try and clear it completely. And she almost did, but the wall clipped her at the tailbone, snapping the slender girls' calves against the wall, before launching her hard into the hard wall behind her. The wall of ice, after the collision, almost seemed to melt rapidly as it dissipated toward the floor, and immediately reimersed itself into the moat of water.

Vera's body thudded hard into the wall, creating a small crater in it's surface, and fell hard into the water below. Instead of plunging into the depths of the liquid, however, the surface of the water froze around her once she was halfway submerged, freezing everything from a few inches above her waste down. Her right arm was frozen up to the elbow, but her left arm was still free. The layer of ice was only a few inches thick, but was enough to hold the girl for the time being-- as well as teach her a lesson.

Wincing from the two blows to her figure, and severely weakened, Vera gritted her teeth, unwilling to slip into unconsciousness. She looked up from her position and soon realized where she was. She struggled only briefly, and widened her eyes at her predicament. As if expecting an explanation, she glanced up towards Tokki, who afforded her nothing but a turn of her nose, before the long arm refocused her attention elsewhere. She eyed Reinier as he openly spoke out about his frustrations in his companions, namely Vera and Hacorie.

After his rain of insults ended, he utilized an ability that she had never heard of. As the spell concluded, each fighter she was facing now had a fairy of some sort floating above them as if to be some sort of guardian. Without a reaction to the unknown encantation, Tokki turned to Reinier, who seemed to believe he held some level of command over his comrades after his condescending remarks, and obvious inclination to an approach which included some degree of strategy. She split her mistglaive into two weapons again, and the three icy blades that fanned out on one end of the spear soon grew out of the new half.

Nodding in his direction, as if deeming him worthy of her full level of close combat skill, as well as granting him the honor of a fight devoid of stealthy, mind rattling tactics, she issued a silent command to commence the battle. The long arm bolted forward, her body blurring in Reinier's view and nearly catching him off guard. The heavy blade managed to react correctly on instinct, and raised one of his swords to deflect her initial blow, aimed somewhere around his left pectoral muscle. The deflection brought Tokki's figure back into vision again, and the two fighters began to trade blows. Reinier gritted his teeth as he found himself on the defensive more often than not. Tokki brought the right spear in a hooking motion towards his side, which met with the flat side of his right blade, and deflected backwards. Reinier brought his left weapon towards Tokki's neck from overhead, but the much quicker long arm had brought her left blade forth in a jabbing attack first, forcing Reinier to redirect the blow towards Tokki's second attempt, deflecting it down and away from his body.

"Hrmph, ughh..!" Reinier winced as he felt the reverse end of that same spear come up around after the deflection and nail him in the chest. Not a powerful blow, but one that caught him offguard nonetheless. Though getting hit in a close quarters brawl with the higher level long arm wasn't something to exactly pine over, Reinier openly displayed his irritation that he had slipped, as he issued in retaliation his first really effective offensive maneuver in a strong cross slash from his right blade that came at Tokki's right shoulder. Tokki raised her mistglaive to block the attack, and truly felt for the first time the incredible strength that was necessary and inherent in the heavy blade warriors. The force from the blow stunned her momentarily, and for the first time, she wasn't able to immediately counterattack the heavy blade. Reinier took his opportunity, and kicked his right foot forward, and out, catching the inside of Tokki's left foot. Instinctively, the girl thrusted her left spear into the ground behind her and to her left, catching herself, and leaving her wide open for Reinier's right blade.

The heavy weapon came around from the right in a massive, hooking arc, aiming it at the area between her left cheek and her left shoulder. Not in a position to block or perform any last minute evasive maneuver as she normally would, the long arm used her ability to shorten her left spear, taking her even lower to the ground. It was a deadly game of limbo, and Tokki watched as the powerful blade passed over her face just inches from her nose. The ferocity behind the blow left Reinier off balance for a moment, and Tokki prepared to counter with a swift kick into Reinier's side, but reconsidered upon seeing a massive flaming blade, wielded by Ryok, coming straight down towards her face from above.

Tokki quickly brought her right arm over her body, bringing with it the other half of the Mistglaive, and brought the back end of the weapon into the shorter side of the weapon, fusing them together. As she rolled, she used the weapon to push herself up, and managed to right herself in time to see Ryok's blade smash into the ground where her head once was. Still off balanced, she wasn't prepared for the follow up blow from the fiery weapon, and Ryok immediately brought the blade up again right at Tokki's stomach.

The long arm gasped, and raised her mistglaive to block the blow at the last moment. The blow would have merely knocked her backwards a step, but something completely unexpected changed things. Ryok yelled loudly as he swung his weapon laterally, and as the weapon cleaved the freezing, stale air of the dome-covered arena, the heavy blade's eyes seemed to flash a bright red for just an instant. Simultaneously, a surge of power came through his blade, and the fire that enchanted it intensified massively, and though the mistglaive would not feel the effects of the heat against it's shaft, Tokki was not as lucky. The attack almost seemed to carry through despite the mistglaive blocking it; a shockwave of fiery energy continued into Tokki's stomach, and sent her skidding backwards along the ice-slick floor to the edge of the circular platform just short of the moat of water that bordered them.

Tokki gasped, and clutched her stomach where no visible damage had been done, but the effect was still felt. Whatever the hell that was, she sure wouldn't make the mistake of not being prepared for it again. Through squinted eyes that carried with it the girl's bodily anguish at receiving the powerful blow, she glared at Ryok, who seemed to be just as shocked as she was at the sudden burst of power that he had released through that attack. Her weakness to the fire element stared her directly in the face, and momentarily a memory passed through her. A memory of a duel against another long arm that wielded a great command over a weapon heavily enchanted with the power of fire. It was the only time she had been faced with her powerful opposite... Until now.

Though not something she was excited about dealing with, the fact that her opponents would attempt to use all of the fire techniques and skills they had at their disposal was glaringly obvious, and thus, not unexpected. Tokki only expected a short moment to recover from the blow before the two heavy blades would advance again, since a relentless assault was the only hope of wearing her down in an environment such as this. As the two heavy blades turned to charge her once more, the ice queen felt the data in the ice around the room being changed. Unsure of it's exact location, and not in the position to scour the area with her eyes still trained on the two heavy blades, she could do no more than ponder the feeling. She soon understood it's source, as she saw the bright flames from Hacorie's blade, submerged within one of the blocks of ice that contained one of their pets, was melting away at the ice. Hacorie somehow had managed to reach the ice even though it was in the wall that had no floor beneath it, but a moat of water. His feet on the edge of the platform, and his blade extended across the chasm of water. Tokki fumed at Hacorie's foolishness; he was a quarter of the circles circumference away from the long arm to her left, but she could not deal with him yet.

The two heavy blades charged again, blades at the ready, and she focused on them once more, irritated with their persistance. She bursted forth to meet them several meters ahead of her initial spot, and another high intensity period of combat began. Reinier and Ryok swung with ferocity and conviction, but still lacked the speed to consistently deal blows to the long arm who got her attacks off much quicker. Tokki's focus was on finding a moment where she could burst free from the engagement and deal with the one meddling with the pets.

She found it when both Reinier and Ryok brought wide arcing swings from either side at her upper body. She leaned into the small space between the two, and ducked low. Their bodies were taken hold by the momentum behind their swings, and curved away from each other. She rolled between the two, and turned left hard, sweeping her mistglaive behind Reinier's legs, and knocking him to the floor. Following through with her sweep, she brought the mistglaive into the back end of Ryok's blade, which was continuing his arc, forcing it to continue through the arc. Ryok grunted, feeling his blade carry his body around too far, and braced himself inwardly as Tokki reared back again, and slammed the mistglaive hard into his left side, creating a large gash just under his left armpit.

Leaping over the fallen Reinier with the swiftness of a gazelle, Tokki landed just meters behind Hacorie as he thrusted the second blade into the chunk of ice, and started both fiery attacks to further melt the ice. Tokki scoffed in digust, and her eyes began to glow that sapphire color once more, as she took control of the ice in the moat below the leaning Hacorie. The water rose up with frightening speed as a pillar of ice, and struck Hacorie under his arms, knocking the blades free from the ice, and knocking him back away from the edge of the arena.

As he stumbled backwards, nearing Tokki, she sprinted forth, and rammed her shoulder into his back. The force sent Hacorie back towards the newly arisen pillar, unexpectedly. Hacorie gasped, and at the last second, thrusted one of his blades forth to stop himself from slamming into the ice like a rag doll. Tokki signaled the ice, beckoning it to her, and just below the blade Hacorie thrusted outwards to stop his momentum, a thick rod of ice came out from the pillar and slammed directly into his chest. Tokki allowed the pillar to dissipate into the moat once more, fusing some of the ice with the block of ice that Hacorie had defaced, closing it once again.

Tokki grasped the stunned Hacorie by the shoulder, and jerked him towards her hard. The heavy blade gripped the handles of his weapon in vain as if to defend himself. Tokki stepped aside and yanked him by her in the direction of Reinier, who was getting to his feet. As he passed her, she gave him the most disturbing icy stare for a split second, before swinging her mistglaive hard into his stomach, and sending him to the floor in front of Reinier, clutching his stomach after the second straight blow to his midsection. Tokki faced the group, and shook her head slowly, as if using Hacorie as an example, warning them as to what would happen if they tried something like that again.

Tokki pointed the three jagged blades of the mistglaive towards Reinier, who was breathing heavily after two high intensity close combat matches between him and the queen of ice. A smile crept onto her cold face, and she spoke to him for the first time.

"Don't stop now. We've only just begun."
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:48 am

Ryok, get ready to unleash all fire powers you have on Tokki.

Hac, go attack at the same time as Ryok with your strongest non water, ice, or darkness spells. Yes, that does involve putting away the Moumo.

-He received the message a little late only because of the fact that he was still sitting on the couch playing with his glove. He clicked the blue flashing box that float in front of him, and read it to himself. He sighed, and looked around the ice wave hand swept over the whole area around the t.vs and couches only due to the fact that Nighthand had used some sort of attack to wedge it, and stop it just in front of them. He still sat there playing with his new found power. As he looked over at the t.v screen where his pet once was it showed a room with everyone in it and another whom he'd never seen before. They seemed to be fighting.. As the screen spun it glanced over at his pet. Hidama.. She was frozen to the wall. He shuttered knowing he needed to get her out of there. He stood up and snapped his thumb, and middle together. The spark shot out, and seemed to stop midair.

-The flame appeared lonely in his mind behind it a never ending dark abyss. From the darkness walked ryok, no, no not him. He appeared as Kakashi. His real form.. Before Kakashi could come to terms of where he really was Ryok touched the flame, and it burst spreading outwards like a plague. The darkness was engulfed by the light, and heat until it covered everything.

-Ryok blinked a few times, and thought about what had just happened in a matter of mere seconds. Again and again he blinked until he got it. The flame got bigger, and turned into a tiny fireball that hovered about his hand. At its center the bright white color fumed, and as it went of it became more of a red. He twisted his hand around the flame following. He swallowed hard, and dropped the flame to the ground the ice melted. His eyes widened as he looked about. He was trying to figure out where everyone had gone of to while he tried to figure out his glove. He snapped his fingers again making the blaze larger this time. To large in fact, so large that he couldn't control it. His breath became heavy, and droplets of water ran down his forehead. In front of him a perfectly cut hole through the ice that was only about as large as his arm is round. He fell back on to the ground out of breath from his exertion. He got to his feet, and looked at the screen again. Then looking around the open area cleared of ice he found a new door that wasn't there before. Ryok started at it, and when he reached the steps down he was already wheezing again. He started down as fast as he could because of the shouts that he could already hear. As he got down Vera was being pummeled. The character that was attacking her turned towards Reinier. Ryok caught a glimpse of her face as she turned.. He'd never seen her, but some how knew her.

-Tokki.. I've gotta help Reinier he'll be slaughtered..

-Ryok switched out the Demonic Blade for the Flame Sword, and took off to help. He didn't hit her once which was very unusual. What was even more unusual was the fact that he yelled, and grunted a few times when attacking, and being attacked. He usually didn't make any noise even when hurt, but he went all out even trying out his new fire ability on boosting the Flame Swords attacks. He landed on the ground a gash in his stomach the size he's never seen. He grabbed into his pocket a Mage's Soul, and two Health Drinks. He used them all on himself. Then without thinking, but only on instinct he slid his last three over to Hac, and pointed at Vera as well. He thought with what little time he had.. Replaying a few attacks in his head.

-She’s much to fast for me now, but.. Theres always a way. Hrhrhr

-He grabbed his new blade the rare, and all powerful katana the Demonic Sword. It had everything he could've wanted in a blade from spells to a special effect. He got to one knee and cracked his neck by thrusting it to each side. His right hand reached across his body, and dove into his pouch. He pulled out a small piece of paper, and stuck it to his back. He pulled his hand from behind him quietly.. He crawled from behind Reinier toward Tokki's left side. Hac hit the ground in front of Reinier. He kneeled down again looking around hoping that no one was watching him. His left hand went under his right arm grabbing at the Demonic Sword which sat in it's sheath ready to be unleashed on some ice. He was waiting for only a moment trying to pick the moment to strike..

-There.. Speed Charm in place..

-"Don't stop now. We've only just begun." There was the cue. She was talking, wasn't watching him, and hopfully didn't see him sneek to her side, or at least thats what he hoped. In his right hand the glove snapped, and a jolt of fire burst out of it. He blinked a few times rearranging the molecules of the fire, and intensifying the flames. Three different fireballs hovered over his hand for a moment before he took them up like baseballs, and threw them at Tokki. She was faced towards Reinier giving him the slight advantage of surprise. He stood up his charm working perfectly as he headed at Reinier diagonally to Tokki for a brief moment. Then he arced and started at her directly. His right hand sparked up a few more fireballs, and threw them towards her legs and feet. He believed his Karin attack would suffice enough damage to take her down a notch. He was sweating and his legs were beginning to hurt. His misuse of his new power was starting to take affect. He needed to master it more before he could abuse it like that. Ryok knew if he stopped she'd kill him before he landed a single shot. He pushed himself until he couldn't he was there though he merely needed to finish the attack.. He jumped. He had caught up to the second set of flames that he through when he was running at her, and it all came together like a symphony. He turned midair and faced her from above. With he left hand he grabbed the Demonic Sword. He knew she could kill him easily, but he still needed to try. He brought all of his weight forward, and pulled the blade from it's sheath. With the last breath he whispered his attack..

-"Karin.." The blade caught on fire, and he released the rest of his energy into the attack. He pulled the blade across where she was standing, and hoped still was. He couldn't tell nor did he care as his eyes shut, and he hit the ground.

(OOC:There, There.. All fixed.. T_T; I'll check up more on the position of our characters from now on to make sure I've got me in the right place. It's a quick fix actually, but it leaves my 'surpriseness' open because she now could've seen me going over to her side.)
Last edited by ryok on Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:15 am

Everything is pure ice... What in The World could have caused such a massive magical effect? For everything to become frozen that thick... it must be that... Mel.. sass... character, or whoever.

Lighteria ponders to himself as he swiftly (but carefully) rushes down the hallways of the ice dungeon, past the frozen viewing room. For a moment, his gaze falls upon one of the frozen monitors. Most of them had completely ceased to function, however a single monitor remains in a partially functioning condition. The twinblade slows his careful leg movements down, holding a hand out to catch himself on a nearby wall. He skids to a halt and stares at the monitor, the small portion of the frozen room being dimmly lit by the constant static coming from the television. Kit, being a kitten of water, easily comes to a stop at Lighteria's feet and looks up at him in confusion.

"Lighteria? Mew mew meow mew. (We don't have time for this.)" She says, looking up at his face from the floor, not wanting to risk jumping up onto his shoulder lest he lose his balance.

The twinblade ignores her though, his eyes still fixated on the screen. He slowly lets the sound of static fill his ears, his consciousness attaining a temporary tunnel vision on the monitor. He cold, the faint sounds of battle, it all dissapears for the moment as he stares. Kit watches his face in confusion, a mixture of concentration and hazed thought forming across his face. For a moment, his vision flashes, just managing to catch a glimpse of the room the pets had battled in. The screen doesn't show much, but it shows enough for the twinblade to figure out the room is completely encased in ice. He gasps for a second and grabs the nearby wall, flinging himself down the hallway through the new door that had appeared in the room beforehand. Kit leaps for a second and rushes to help him, her claws scraping on the ice as she runs to catch up, noticing an intense glare on Lighteria's face.

That hacker will pay for this... Corrupting this field that has so many memories....

He steadies his lower lip, feeling his old friend's flamberge bounce a little, still strapped to his back. Memories of old times still flooding back to him.

I just hope my aura doesn't start malfunctioning when I get in there

"Don't stop now. We've only just begun."

Lighteria's heart freezes like the room itself. His eyes lock onto the ice queen, Tokki.

The... the vanguard... tokki? No... it can't be... can it?

His stomach sinks as he watches Ryok launch a firey assault. He looks around at his allies, all battle ready and glaring at the long arm. Lighteria pauses and shakes his head, deducing that either the entire team has gone crazy or just Tokki. After a second, he decides on the latter and shuts his eyes, hanging his head.

"I'm sorry, Tokki..." He whispers to himself, watching his hand slowly disintegrate into tiny red points of light. He shuts his eyes. Without even calling Vak Aura, his body slowly dissapears into a vast array of soft, red lights, slowly spreading across the field. The firey pulsations warm the room from its frigid state to that akin to a cool summer day. Fire magic starts pulsing, torches start burning more intesely, though the ice refuses to melt.
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:29 pm

The black whisper of guilt was a small thorn under his skin. It was an itch that the Heavy Blade seemed simply unable to scratch since he had abandoned Night, Reinier, and the rest of the coma victims. Zan had himself fooled for a while, believing that his step back was out of a valid uselessness. He wasn't like the rest of them. He had no hack to back him up, no impressive level to widen unsuspecting eyes. Such facts had him convinced his departure was solid and grounded. However, the more he let his mind roll over the reality of the situation, the more the simple cowardice of his actions became apparent. After the events with Wulo that he tried so desperately to forget, he seemed unable to put himself in the line of fire once more. A quick glance around revealed to him that fire was indeed the least of his worries. Whatever egregious errors he thought himself to have made, there were more important things at hand.

A continued gaze about his new surroundings revealed the man who had summoned Zan to the field was perched up and away from the rest of the group. That alone brought about a rather childish flare of anger and frustration that seemed to radiate from his gaze for a moment. Nighthand (or rather, Silverblade) had requested assistance and the Heavy Blade had simply expected him to be there and direct him this way and that. In essence, that was what had happened the time of their first meeting. Zan had played messenger/renaissance boy and, though he got the job done and quick, he had felt shrugged off. Now that that wasn't the case anymore something seemed to fill the void he hadn't known was there. Insecurity and an abysmal helping of doubt had him frozen just outside of the entrance. In his mind he screamed at his statue-stiff legs to move and give heed to his pleading. Sadly, he didn't seem to have any such luck.

It was the grotesque and spasmodic gyrations of Vera's that snapped him from his self-pitying trance. If it was supposed to be taunting it was far too juvenile. If it were to be some sort of pass at the odd woman a small ways off (of whom he was having a hard time calling a name to), then the Gunner was failing horribly. Even from his current position, Zan could see the confused, if not frustrated tension that swept over the Long Arm. Though a tad disturbing and brewing with hilarity, the movements had directed the Heavy Blade to the reason he had been called here. There was an air about her, one that told Zan to keep a safe distance. The cerulean haired mystery didn't intimidate him in the least. Compared to the thunder demon he had faced with the group last time, she seemed like a child. It was the simple fact that she didn't faze him that made him start to feel the initial effects of fear. The Heavy Blade was usually quite cautious when it came to searching for threats. He had not done so with her and that proved how much of a threat she truly was.

With that blatant realism shoved in his face, Vera's movements were that much more confusing. Why would anyone, especially someone who could actually feel the unsettling sensation of pain in the World, try to provoke someone of such power with something so laughable? Hoping to high heaven that it came with some sort of strategy, Zan swallowed the lump in his throat and took a step into whatever light had managed to lance through dome and welcome those below. For just a split second Tokki seemed as confused as himself. The Long Arm had managed to compose herself with much more guile as a line of dark scrolls launched an attack her direction. Initially, Zan had to squint towards the attack, afraid his eyes were playing cruel tricks on him as the air began to distort before the black wave. A quick eye rub revealed there was indeed some sort of anomaly hung in front of the Long Arm.

The sound of hardening molecules crinkled in the Heavy Blade's ears, shaking his senses with confusion as his eyes were unable to pin point any source. The exact moment he realized its location, the mottled air became a wall of sparkling, crystal-surfaced ice. The pseudo monolith careened towards the Gunner, splitting the scrolls' attempts upon its master. Zan smiled with naive hope as Vera began her ascent up the glossy structure, but the look was just as soon wiped from his face as she hit the ground. Hard. The crack that formed beneath Vera was not surprising, but the lightning quick refrigeration of her body was. Zan's head tilted to the side with the sight, dark brown hair falling to his tensed shoulders. He had seen various hacks used with his brief visit with the others. Few had seemed as powerful as the rather impressive display before him, rivaled only by Nighthand's equally impressive ability to manipulate such displays of power. He wasn't sure if her power was under his sway as well, but God damn he hoped so.

The events that were in close pursuit with Vera's apparent humiliation all seemed like a blur to the Heavy Blade. He was too busy gaping at the odd displays of ice control to watch the bout with Tokki and Reinier or anyone else that had chosen this time to make their move. With all the chaos spilling out before him, Zan felt deeply obligated to join the fray. Not that he would be an amazing dosage of help or some such nonsense, but from his poor after display during his last visit his ego begged for a response. Direct physical confrontation seemed outright suicidal and he didn't think his low magical capabilities would be all that effective against one of Tokki's caliber. A few moments of thought and irresponsible idle standing got Zan's gears moving. Thought after thought churned through the rusted machine of his tired brain until one was finally accepted by his scrutinizing sense of self preservation. With a shaky breath, he held out his sweating hand (do more to the sudden, choking heat from Lighteria's hack then his fear) and spoke the brief incantation.

"Dek Vorv..." His words were soft and uncertain, afraid of her retaliation as the large blade in his hand decended towards her hamstrings, attempting to disable the use of her right leg.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:34 am

The sound of engagement between characters could be heard behind him as Hac began to implant the swords into the ice and shout the skills. A few seconds after the words were called to begin his spells, Hacorie gazed down into the mote to see something coming up at him. It looked like ice, but how could it be possible? Exhaling, Hacorie saw a white mist like substance come from his mouth. It was from the coldness around him. With no time to react, the Heavy Blade watched on as his right hand flew up into the air as the pillar struck it. This blow sent the Heavy Blade back a few steps since his balance was now awkward. Before he even knew what was going on though, a sharp pain brushed his back and sent him forward again. Hac was lucky he didn’t get whiplash from the blows. The giant pillar was now in the way of his oncoming body. Working now on instinct, Hac took the lightest blade, the Byakuen, and jammed it toward the ice.

With a quick movement of his feet, Hacorie began to turn his body turned his body around, and held the hilt of the blade still to slow him down. Before he was turned sideways, a blunt object thrust into left side of his body. This object helped him turn the rest of the way around, but left pain erupting in his chest. Hacorie looked down to where it was, a red liquid began spilling from his body. Small crystalline shards could be seen around the blood and then Hacorie knew what happened. Smart using the ice to pound me as I was stopping myself. You are really becoming a pain in the ass. Behind him, the rest of the pillar that had not attacked him, was filling up the gaps in which he had created with his blades. Hearing the crackling of the ice and water pounding one another, Hac made a small grunt as he grit his teeth.

Though the work he had done was not large, it could have been enough for the pet to stat moving again. Tokki had ruined it. A waste of my Skill Points. Hac said to himself staring into the glowing purple eyes of the Long Arm. With an extension of her arm, Tokki grabbed Hacorie on the shoulder before his mind told his body to react to what just happened. Finally the reaction came, and Hac slashed diagonally upwards with his remaining blade. Tokki’s Ap Do allowed her to escape it though by only stepping to the side. As the blade passed by her face, the Long Arm took the Heavy Blade’s awkwardness to her advantage. Using her strength, Tokki forced Hac in front of her, sending him, still off balance, toward Reinier. A thump banged into the front of his body and an icy feeling began to take his body over once again. Looking up at her by leaning over in pain after the attack, Hacorie’s glowing blue eyes closed as they met the eyes of Tokki.

Since blood was already erupting from that spot, Hac just fell forward after a few steps and hit the ground. Laying on the ice, he felt the warm red substance flow outward on the ice. Tokki had once again made an example of him, but this time he was not dead, just bruised a bit. Still clenching his stomach, the screeching sound of glass on ice game hurdling toward Hac. Three small bottles hit the side of his body. Moving one of his bloody hands to the bottles, Hac looked up to see who had sent them. It was Ryok. With only a quick glance of Vera, he went off toward Tokki. Smashing one of the vials of red liquid with his hand, Hacorie felt a little strength returning to him. As the gap in his stomach closed up completely, Hacorie looked at the wounded gunner. Tokki must be strong to do this. Above the half-frozen Vera, Hac saw a tremendous crater in the wall of ice. The only plausible thing was that Vera was thrown into it by an unimaginable strength.

“Karin!” Hac heard one of his teammates yell behind him as he sheathed his only remaining sword that was left from the battle, the Magnifier. The Byakuen was lost into the freezing water when the pillar melted.. Using this skill as a gun fire at a cross country race, Hac began to sprint toward the downed gunner. Clenching the two bottles in his hands, Hac used his fingers to pop the tops off of them. Wiping a drop of sweat from his face, Hac felt the cold metal of his helmet. A thought then popped in his mind. I still have those two equips left that I have not given back yet. The two equips Hac was talking about, was the Cursed Head Dress and the Precision Helm. One Kiwi lent him and hadn’t asked for back yet, and the other Hac had not given Sasuke back yet since he was thrown into this quest right after the first round of the tournament ended. As a smile crept up his face, Hacorie slowed down to a walk before Vera’s half frozen figure.

Looking down on her for a brief moment, Hacorie turned to Tokki who was busy with Ryok. Her attention focused elsewhere would result in her not being able to concentrate on Vera. Looking back down at the mirror like ice, Hacorie went to his knees and pressed his hands against the cold hard form of water. Small air bubbles were stuck on the clear bottom of the water showing it was only a few inches thick, if that. Small bits of water began to form where Vera was. The whole thing of ice was not transformed though, only the parts close to Vera, and about an inch or two outwards in all directions. Grabbing her free hand, Hacorie pulled the gunner up out of the water. Placing two health drinks in her hand, he looked back up at the crater. Behind it lay another fire pet, Hidama. This was a giant ball of fire. Though using newbie like tactics in her before appearance, she would still be a great ally to Hac’s plan. Though Tokki had stopped him once, she did not stop his plan entirely, just delayed it.

Turning back to the group Hacorie saw them valiantly fighting Tokki. Gritting his teeth again, Hac looked over at the pet, frozen in ice, then back to the group. With the better of his mind getting to him, Hacorie swung his body around and drew his Moumokuteki. Putting on the Cursed Head Dress on his head in replace of the Ice Helm, Hacorie smiled. Let us see you control darkness. Nighthand said he would keep Melzas at bay, so Darkness was a plausible element again, hopefully.

MeAni Kruz! He thought running toward her.
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade

Equips

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:33 pm

There! Hijinx took her opening, activating her last last speed scroll and skating at tokki as fast as she could. A wake of ice came up behind her as the rabbit's velocity increased. The twinblade swerved around and jumped kicking Zan's slice down into the frozen water. The other leg extended outwards and glanced off of Ryok's blade, changing it's course and diverting the force of the blow away from tokki and blasting a small hole in the ice next to her as Hijinx spun in the air and landed gracefully on her left foot. Shifting her weight into a turn, she span towards tokki's back and opened her arm wide. Dodging a well aimed blow and barely sliding past a second, the rabbitine player clasped her arms around the long-arm and squeezed her.

"Hiya tokki, did ya miss us?"

Hijinx smiled happily, this was more fun than she thought. She noted that she would have to do it again sometime before she hugged the ice mistress even tighter.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."