Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nall
Elevated Player

Colossal Forbidden Climb - How many mountains must we climb?

Post by Nall » Mon May 09, 2005 8:42 pm

The field itself shook as Nall raged into it. The field was quickly locked upon his arrival. No one in, no one out. The player ran forward at his top speed.

The field was just a gigantic empty plain. No vegetation, just cracked earth and some larger chasm's. However, there was one highlight to the zone. Instead of a dungeon, there was a massive mountain. It reached high up into the sky, it's peek above the clouds. This field was special to Nall for another reason.

"How does it feel to be my prey rather then my predator?"
Nall grinned as he neared the mountain. Due to Sheena and Raine's expertise, they had found that this field was the base camp for one of the hacker elites. Really, it was just a place to hang out, it didn't serve much purpose for the hackers. Nall was wondering if the hackers would go to their 'vacation homes' after this day. He was determined to prove himself.

As Nall neared the mountain, the small opening's began to close up and seal themselves. Nall frowned.

"Looks like he's gonna hide in his mountain. Too bad he can't stop me if I get to the top!"
Nall was greeted with a group of monsters as Nall approached the base of the mountain. He laughed at the pathetic attempt to slow him down and dashed forward. Able to use his time again, he was passed them and climbing the mountain before they could get an attack in. The monsters, who were not proficient in climbing or flying looked up at the blademaster dumbfounded.

"Geeze... Some AI's can be so dumb..."
Nall grabed a chunk of rock and dropped it on one of the monster's heads. He laughed as the creature tried to get to Nall unsuccessfully.

----------------------------------------

"DAMN THAT BASTARD!"
Nayru shouted in frustration. Though the group was fairly quick to the chaos gate, they were held up due to Nall's lock on the server. Nayru had spent the last 15 minutes trying to break the coding. The small creature gave a high pitched growl pathetic enough to be considered a squeak.

"Almost....done...."
The players were getting impatient. Why were they even chasing Nall in the first place? A strange noise followed by Nayru's annoying voice broke everyone's spacing out.

"Gotcha! Quickly teleport in before the code is automatically changed again!"
Golden rings fell upon Nayru and the rest of the player's as they zoned into the field.

Upon entry, the players took note of the large mountain and the irony. Without need to confirm, the players began moving towards the large mountain which was quite obviously the objective. Nayru flew forward, lagging behind some of the player's in front. The flying car did not want to get involved in any cross fire.

The group finally arrived at the base of the mountain and stoped, staring at a group of monster's who seemed intent on looking up the mountain and didn't even notice the group. The group proceeded to look up and see what was actually so interesting. A medium sized, bird-like creature fell to the ground with a large thud.

As expected, Nall was furiously climbing the mountain, taking out the monsters he couldn't avoid. He was quite far up, well out of ear shot, but in view. The group of monsters finally turned around and noticed the freedom fighters. They were visably shocked for a moment before returning themselves to a 'fearsome' rpg monster position.

There were ten in total. There were 4 green lizard-like men holding spears, 3 red lizard-like men with swords, and 3 yellow orbs of energy.

"These guys are pushover's! But they do like to gang up on a single player. Take them out quickly, Nall's got a massive lead on us!!"
Nayru's shouted. Of course, quickly moving to the far back ranks avoiding any type of battle he could. Some of the player's sighed at the bossy creature.

Up the mountain, Nall pressed on.

"I'll show you..."

(EQUIP: [Lv.1]Heal Physical) <---(At the end of your first post in a quest type situation post which EX-Sphere's you're equiping for your pet if your pet is battle type.)

------(Monster Info)-------

(Scale 1->10, 1 being level 1-10 in strength, 10 being masterful elite hacker style)

Green Lizzy's
Generally weak. Longarm type.
Att: 2
Acc: 3
Def: 1
MAtt: 1
MAcc: 1
MDef: 2
Speed: Normal

-Vak Repulse
-Juk wipe

Red Lizzy's
Generally weak. Blademaster type.
Att: 3
Acc: 2
Def: 2
MDef: 2
Speed: Normal

-Gan Slash
-Repth

Earth Sphere's
Formidable. Spellcaster type.
Att: 1
Acc: 1
MAtt: 4
MAcc: 3
MDef: 3
Speed: Fast

-Gan Zot
-MeGan Rom
-Yarthkins

(OOC: On a final note, I know things have been slow but kick it back into gear. This is a warm up to get you all back into the swing of things. Time to wake up and smell the coffee. Those who post often, don't kill all the monsters off right away. I want everyone to get involved and back into this. The train's a movin, hop on and kick some booteh!)
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed May 11, 2005 4:27 am

Hijinx mumbled a little and turned in her sleep as she entered the field, urbosh turning himself into a comfortable oval of squishy, semi-solid and encasing her. If anything attacked, he could simply slide to one side or the other, making his formless body extend into thin legs if the need were to arise. Still, he wasn't going to have the same flexibility as he usually did if he was carrying her around. Urbosh gave the field another quick examination and made a single low popping noise. The field was so boring, but flat and wide open. The blob found it terribly depressing. Meanwhile, deep in Hijinx's mind...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"WOW!"

The cry echoed into a blackness, ending up somewhere between infinity and negative one to the trillionth power. The rabbit looked around and gasped a few times, making an interesting echo as well as ushering a series of well dressed animals to her. The line up consisted of a tortoise with a bowler derby, a hedgehog with a red and white striped over coat, and a very sleepy old badger, who grumbled about nap time and his missing word bubbles. Hijinx dropped to her knees and clapped furiously, as if the effort could confure up more of them, which was in fact the case. The originals snapped their fingers and disspelled the duplicates though, gaining a disapointed moan from the rabbit and making a nearby treasure chest hop to life. Tilting her head sideways, Hijinx marveled at the creatures, they didn't speak up at all, but motioned to the box, who spat something out, making the twin-blade gasp again, with delight this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on the field, Urbosh slid into the back with nayru, sluggishly so he could express his sorrow at the fields existence. The mountain was the most decorative thing on it, and even that had an obnoxious feel.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Thu May 12, 2005 7:32 am

He's not using his auras enough.

His level of infection is... pathetic. We must do something to encourage him.

Relax. He still is under the impression that this is a side effect of being trapped in The World. You two can both see into his heart. He does not fear us in the least. He hasn't since the last three times he visited us.

I was never concerned about his trust. I doubt he could get rid of us anyway. What I worry about is how little time we have. The longer he plays the closer they are to finishing-

But what can we do? At this level of invasiveness, I can barely even make suggestions.

You're the strongest... try to get him to split again.

Alright... I'll make a suggestion.... Vak Aura... ....Vak Aura...... Vak Aura....

"You say something Kit?" Lighteria asks with a smile, following the group towards the chaos gate.

"Mew? Meow, mew mew (Me? No, not a word.)" The gray, tabby kitten says, indifferently, getting back to her mid-morning nap on his shoulder. "Meow mew mew meow mew. Mew meow meow. (And quit moving around so much. I'm trying to sleep.)"

Lighteria smirks. "Maybe you should find a better place to sleep. I could have left you in the hideout, you know." Kit burrows her face into her paw, trying to block out the non-silence that's interrupting her nap. The twin blade chuckles to himself and walks towards the gate, still keeping a good distance away from the group. He may have learned his lesson about straggling away from the group when they battled the tigers so long ago... but that still didn't make him feel very close to them. His phobia of people still lingers, though his speech has become clearer as of late, though more out of necessity than want of talking. Kit has become almost the perfect friend for the twin blade, she being the only one he doesn't fear judgment from.

I wonder if this is really so bad... When I think about it, I didn't have much to return to on the outside... ....

...What am I thinking?! My parents... they're probably worried sick. ...Even if I prefer it here, I have to make it back for their sake. ...sigh... I guess that means I'll have to follow this.. Nall guy wherever he's going... my only hope really.

After a brief walk, Nayru starts yakking again, this time more panicky than usual and just in front of a batch of monsters. Lighteria stares at the mountain for a while, seeing a tiny speck climbing a great precipice. Lighteria ponders for a moment.

Hmm... maybe there's a way I can reach him... Or at the very least get a head start on the climb... maybe get within shouting distance...

Flash Mail
To: Vera

Um.. hello Vera. Sorry to Flash Mail at the beginning of a battle but I'm curious... We seem to be in a rush right now. If I transformed into darkness orbs, would it be possible to shoot me out of your guns up the mountainside? Reply to me when you get a moment please.... thank you!

Lighteria

End Flash Mail

Ok, a little risky. But I doubt it'd be that bad... What's the worst that could happen? ....Apart from being killed from the explosive part of the shot... or reforming right in a monster battle...

A bead of sweat drops from his brow.

"Right. Got monsters to kill... think later." He says, letting Kit down off of his shoulder and onto the rocky ground. She hisses lightly, not happy about being roused from her nap, but quickly falls back asleep when she reaches solid ground.

And soon, his slayers sliding out of his belt like greased lighting only not as fast or flashy or electric or greasy, the twin blade charges at the long-arm like lizard man furthest to the right of the group or beasts. The Lizard charges forward to meet the player and swings its spear vertically at him. Lighteria leaps and halts his movement just an inch away from the arc of the spearhead, letting it sweep in front of him with a whistle as it cuts the wind. The lizard man looks up from the failed attack to see the twin blade's foot flying straight into its face. Lighteria, of course, chose his favorite move to start out with. The jump kick.

The lizard man stumbles backwards, its large nose in a world of hurt. Before Lighteria can follow up with a combo, however, it holds its spear up in front of itself defensively. The twin blade's follow up slash is met with a wooden *thunk* as the spear pole deflects the blow. Lighteria gasps and the lizard thrusts the spear shaft towards him, striking him in the chest and sending the player stumbling back a step or two.

Wow... I never had my combo blocked before

He thinks, snagging the spear end with his slayer to block the lizard's attack.

I must really be out of it.

With a sudden punch to the ribs, the lizard stumbles back. Lighteria slides his blades to his belt and grabs the shaft of the spear as the lizard holds it. The player grits his teeth and pushes against the spear with all his strength, the lizard quickly recovering and doing the same. The two continue to push against each other, desperately trying to gain the upper hand somehow and attack the other. Unfortunately the battle of upper body strength stays locked in a stalemate, neither beating the other nor able to effectively attack.

EQUIP: [Lv.1] Curative -Repth
Monster Stats wrote:Green Lizards: 4 (1 being fought)
3 Red Lizards
3 Yellow Orbs
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sun May 15, 2005 7:08 am

“Hell if I know. Just because I'm acting like a leader, doesn't mean he tells me anything. Judging by our luck though, he'll probably have us climb some stupid-huge cliff or something. It's about the only thing we haven't done yet.”

Oh the Irony. It's simply killing me. Feel that, Silverblade? That's the irony, slowly killing me inside.

Oh, don't be such a drama queen. You knew it was coming sooner or later. Really now, it can't be that bad, can it?

Oh come now-shut up. I suddenly feel the need to kick some ass. Nall isn't close enough, unfortunatly. I have half a mind to shoot some spells at him. I wonder if I could knock him off that cliff from here....

Don't make me come out there.

Spoilsport.

Nighthand wasn't too pleased at being forced to climb this mountain. Even the prospect of it annoyed him. Really, how's a man to cast a proper speel when he's hanging on for dear life off a cliff? Doubtless, there would be a hacker waiting at the top, or at the least a big-ass monster for them to fight. What would it be this time, a giant mound of sand? Some kind of iron golem?

Or maybe a giant lizard, how's that work out for you?

Right on cue, Nighthand spotted what Silverblade had already seen, and horde of man-sized lizards and a few floating balls.

"Those things shouldn't be too hard to dispatch, I suppose I'll take care of those floating rocks or whatever they are. I HOPE the rest of you aren't gonna laze about and watch me fight..." Nighthand added that last bit under his breath.

Nall was already high on the mountian, well out of earshot and further out of reach. Nighthand wanted to go running up after him, but leaving the rest of the tem was like giving them a big sign that told the monsters to mob them. And that could only end badly, given the sheer number of monsters that were probably waiting just inside the mountain.

Almost like they sensed his intent, the trio of floating earth orbs began to head off to the side, as if drawing out a weaker member. Reminded of will-o-the-wisps, Nighthand followed them.

They OBVIOUSLY didn't know power when they saw it.

They continued to draw him outwards, away from the group. He knew they would try to circle him, bombard him with spells until he was dead. A worthy plan, a good idea, but not one to play on a player much better than their moronific AIs.

Again, as if he had called it, they judged him far enough from the rest of the group to circle him. Nighthand grinned, and did the last thing they expected.

He sat down.

Legs crossed indian style, running a finger through his hair, Nighthand yawned. If they orbs had faces, he knew they would have flickered with rage. The one in front of him, Orb A for reference, began to charge a spell. The other two hastened to follow suit.

Nighthand closed his eyes to concentrate.

Orb B, to his rear left, went in for the shorter spell. Gan Zot, from the looks of the earth energy pooling beneath him. Nighthand reached out with his powers and took hold of the weak spell, tried to siphon off the energy. (4)

Orb C happened to opt for the middle-power spell, MeGan Rom. As Nighthand siphoned off the energy from the Zot, it was immediatly drawn into the Rom Spell, boosting it's already moderate power. His smile beginning to fade, Nighthand quickly shoved a cone of power into the ground under him, to channel the spell around him. (3) Unfortunatly, it went in backwards and acted more like a funnel. He could feel the ground under him beginning to rise. He was running out of time. Even now the wind from the rom spell began to swirl his hair.

His smile long gone, and his situation quickly worsening, Nighthand noticed the neglected Orb A. Who at this moment happened to be close to letting off Yarthkins.

Shift to speed, fool!

Not bothering to respond, Nighthand did so. The spell energies slowed just enough to give him time to react.

Still acting quickly, he first dealt with the rom spell. This one he would make flashy, but damageless. (10) Just barely he felt it take hold, the damaging elements leaving the spell. Second, he reached out to the summon spell, and attempted to tie it's powers into the now-harmless rom spell. (10) Again a shaky, but actual, hold took place, and the damage drained off of the summon.

A crack and a bulge in the ground underneath him told him the underpowered but pinpointed zot spell was about to release. There was no time to hack it, he had to...

..jump!

As the column of rock shot from the ground, Nighthand rose with it. It was abrupt and painful, but not devestatingly so. At the height of the rise, he leapt, already shifted back to normal.

Sailing into the air above Orb A, Nighthand drew out his Corona Blade.

"Death Bringer!"

Already hurtling down on the orb, it had no chance to dodge as it finished letting off it's harmless spell. It was cleaved in half, it's energy flickering and fading. Nighthand spun and dashed for orb C. He slashed forward, sliding to a halt as the orb dodged upwards. Reversing his grip, he slashed upwards, catching it a glancing blow and sending it flying. Orb B had moved in, and was beginning to charge another spell. This was his opening; as it was concentrating on that, it was temporarily immobile. A quick overhead swing dispatched it.

The one remaining orb was at critical HP and was quickly retreating, to be a support soldier for the lizard army. He let it go, catching his breath and letting the dust settle before he returned to the group.

(Shard: Equip Level One Ex Sphere, Enhance Magical Accuracy (Ap Vorma)

Alright people, post please. Nall's none to happy, and we WILL leave you behind if you take too long, even if "you'll post tomorrow". I understand school and finals and such but if you can't shell out a half hour to write a post, you might just have to be re-evaluated for the dedication we look for in members. It's just no fun when it's drawn out too long.)

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Sun May 15, 2005 9:32 am

Dark. Always so God damn dark. It hung around Zan like an incessantly annoying sibling that simply refused to part. Coping would have been much simpler, much easier to do if it wasn't for the fact that he was all too visible in the stretching expanse of nothingness. Imagining you had your eyes effortlessly closed was rather difficult when you could see yourself wading in a pool of endless shadow. At the edge of such a pool, however, the Heavy Blade could feel the casing that held him in; the shell. Zan had come to realize not long ago that he wasn't simply losing time. Part of him prayed to regain that long lost ignorance. That slouching bit of information had him in a world of sense and possibilities. If there was one thing that was keeping him sane, it was the 'fact' that he was safe in his own head. Reality had reared its ugly head and given him a healthy smack upside his skull. He wasn't just standing around when he lost time, it seemed. A small bout of questioning to those around him brought up a very shaking, very disturbing issue.

When flawed memories struck him (or, as of late, voids of pitch blackness) and he was left in a personal daze, something in him kept his body moving. People used such words as 'primal' and 'animalistic' to describe the behavior that would sneak over him and take a vice-gripped hold. The Heavy Blade had initially blamed in on some sort of split personality brought upon by the infection that hugged so tightly onto his cells. When denial finally lost its grip, Zan was forced to accept the truth; it was him. It wasn't some infraction of his mind. No, during those moments where time slipped from him he had been tapping into the oldest portions of his cerebrum. His Beast (what he had recently begun to call the part of him that conveyed such ancient, unintelligible behavior) was growing more and more dominant. The more Zan struggled, he found, the more persistent its outbursts became and the longer their durations flowed.

Zan had learned to cease the pointless fight with the section of him that had been awakening by the slow creep of twilight's caress and because of this, only a few minutes had lapsed this time around. When he had taken the plunge into his empty cage, he had been making his way towards the Chaos Gate to round himself up with the rest of the so-called 'Freedom Fighters.' Now he stood crouched on the earth of some field he could not readily identify. A single palm lay flat on cracked soil, fingers splayed and positioned almost defensively before him. A few blinks later and he swam back to the surface, his mind gasping for air as his senses dimmed and his muscles lost their swell. One of the benefits of accepting the more...uncivil half of his whole was the ability to control the would-be gifts of his disease. No longer was he a slave to onslaughts of stimuli at debilitating moments. The Heavy Blade felt as if it had cost him a bit of his humanity but it was all starting to seem worth it.

A handful of fellow coma victims had already arrived at made their way to an arching mound of land only a few yards off. From the looks of it, they were locked in combat with a number of creatures that seemed resident to The World's normal monster collection. Though he could be wrong, it seemed as if the group as a whole was steadily beginning to stray from the horrid collection of hackers and jumbled confusions of treacherous 'allies.' The moment such a thought crossed the careful creases of his brain he knew he was all too wrong. With the acceptance of his Beast had also come the embrace of instinct. Intent ears and a steady mind brought the muffled beat of a foreign heart. Someone hid in the hill he had begun to ascend. Somewhere beneath the layers of dried terra lay the cowardice of a hacker. Before the Heavy Blade severed the connection, he felt the bond only a predator and prey could share. The odd thing was Zan seemed to be fitting the predator archetype with each day that passed. They would fight later. Of that, Zan was more than positive.

He was thrusted back into the here and now as the arrowhead of a Green Lizard's spear made a grazing cut along his left temple. The moment the attack was issued, Zan's hand clutched at the spear just below the jut of its 'blade.' His free palm swung to make harsh contact with the center of the weapon, cracking it in half with a shower of splinters. Taking advantage of the monster's blatant shock at the sheer quickness of the repose, the Heavy Blade tightened his grip on the top half of the pike and spun counterclockwise, driving the end of the weapon as deep into creature's eye socket as bone would allow. Zan's spin came to a stop with his left flank facing towards the screeching monstrosity. Guttural laughter that did not belong to him bubbled up from his throat as the thrill of battle overtook him. A tossing head sought to toss the fractured spear from the wound. Not once did a hand reach to remove it, displaying for Zan the downside of animosity; the loss of logic.

For a while the Heavy Blade did nothing but watch the helpless thing thrash this way and that. It was almost pathetic to view; reminding him vaguely of some poor beast trying to free itself from a bear trap. Virtues and humanity soon kicked in, however, and Zan brought himself to finally end it. Even with the weapon only freshly dislodged, the Green Lizard was able to dodge the swing of a roundhouse kick. Such an evasion set him up for a more powerful kick, Zan's back flashing towards the creature for a split second as both legs lifted from the ground and a carefully placed butterfly kick made audible contact with the monster's cheekbone. The quick repartee had man's opponent staggering, fighting to keep the white dots that had begun to cloud its vision from consuming it altogether. Zan wouldn't allow such a recovery, however, and a harsh back handspring had up-swinging feet slamming into the underside of the beast's jaw, dislocating and breaking the mandible in the same instant. He found himself settling in the same crouched position as before, palm settled defensively before him. The dangling silver moon pendant around his neck complimented the bright glow of bloodlust-driven gold irises. Those wolven eyes found themselves partially concealed with the forest of brown bangs that had fallen before them as he came to a sliding halt.

The Green Lizard fell to the unwelcoming embrace of the ground, its virtual heart coming to a halt.

(OOC: As I will not be having a pet, I won't be having those EX Sphere bits at the end.)
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
Special: Levels, GR Sendai, PL Sakai, Darklore.
W: Tonosama Sword, Mineuchi, Jundachi.
A: Samurai Helm, Able Hands, Rare Greaves.
I: Holy Sap, Treebane, Cooked Bile, Nightbane.
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Sun May 15, 2005 3:42 pm

“DAMN THAT BASTARD!” Nayru shrieked. Instead of heading off when the group met up with Nighthand and Reinier, they stayed and waited for the ability to even enter the field. So they waited… and waited… and waited…

Five minutes… Ten…

Fifteen minutes had elapsed and still no movement from the Chaos Gate. By this time people had begun to gather around the group, some boldly asking if the group needed help with something. Most likely the only reason people were gathering would be to peer upon the floating cat-bird hybrid thing floating in the air, shrieking profanities and trying to unlock the field for the group. “Almost… done… Gotcha! Quickly teleport in before the code is automatically changed again!”

Right on cue, three golden rings fell over Reinier’s body, taking him to the field. Towering over the group, a massive mountain stood in the distance. It didn’t take much common sense for this little adventure to figure out what they were going to do. Reinier chuckled a bit remembering how Nighthand basically called it on that they were going to be climbing a mountain.

I bet the irony’s killing him slowly inside…

Sort of like what I do whenever I take my hiding form?

… what?

Hey, I get hungry too…

Reinier tried to fathom what the dragon said as he walked forward, but happened to be interrupted by a mob of warrior… lizards. Seven lizards, three red and four green, and three floating orbs of rock approached the group. The strongest of the group seemed to be the floating orbs of the earth element. Stricken from daja vu, Reinier inspected the area around and noticed nothing but soft red ground and little to no vegetation. “Oi! We’re in the Outback, aye?” Reinier muttered to himself, pulling out one of his gems. He took a small gulp for he hadn’t used the gem before, and the last time he nearly did it sent him on a trip to find his memory.

“Second time’s a charm…” Reinier said under his breath. He threw his right hand forward, the hand with the gem in hand, and softly said to himself, “Powers of darkness… ANI!” The gem split in two pieces, and Reinier caught the other piece with his left hand. He clinched both pieces in his hands, and crossed his arms in an X over his chest. Rays of dark purple and black light shot outwards from his clenched fists, until they too became enveloped in the dark energy.

The energy too shape, creating two guard plates along his arms, then spreading out in to five blades from the middle of the guards. A glossy, deep metallic purple color, the guards wrapped around the top of his hands and down a bit past his wrist, not allowing much movement there. Metallic straps wrapped around Reinier’s arms, and a single bar around his hands so he had something to hold when he attacked. Each blade that came from the guards towered to be about three feet, but weighed close to nothing to Reinier. A purple miasma enshrouded the claws, always floating upwards in to his arms.

Reinier let out a small sigh of relief, enthralled that using the gem didn’t cause him to lose his memory again. At this time all the Freedom Fighters had decided to scatter and took their own targets. Reinier peered around and decided to go for the spear wielding green lizards. The only reason he decided to go for those monsters would most likely be due to the fact one had its’ spear lunged in to Reinier’s face, and the other aimed at his knee.

Reinier jabbed down in to the ground, stopping Lizard A’s attack. He pushed upwards and swung his left hand in to the spear of Lizard B. Reinier corkscrewed around, landing a foot to the right of where he stood a minute ago. He pulled his hand from out of the ground and brought up a defensive stance, inching away from the two lizards. The two brought down their spears to below their waist, each ready to lunge again.

Reinier smirked and brought his right hand over his chest, and outstretched his left arm below his waist at an angle. Bolting forward, Reinier jabbed his left hand in to the earth, catching Lizard B’s spear in to the ground with his blades. He twirled around and kicked Lizard A in the face, causing it to lose its’ balance and fall to the ground. Reinier pulled the blade out of the red earth as he landed on the ground, and twisted upwards, delivering an upper cut to Lizard B’s back.

Reinier continued forward after slashing the monster in the back, and delivered another attack. He sliced downwards across the monster’s back, and then another attack with his left handed blades. Casually walking forward he sliced at the monster’s back, rotating hands to shell out the damage. A left strike, then with his right, he tripped up the monster causing it to fall forward in to the earth, landing on one knee and his other leg cocked up. “Jab…” Reinier muttered the word as he pounded his fist forward in to the back of the monster.

A crimson rain sprung out of the lizard’s back as the blades slid in to its’ back. “… And twist…” Reinier muttered. He twisted his hand around in a circle, until he felt and heard the spinal cord snap. A smile crossed his face as he stood up, pulling the blades out of the back of the immobile monster. He looked over to see once again the other lizard tried to stab Reinier in the face. Twisting his body downwards at an angle, his chest aimed towards the air. He shifted his arms backwards, so that they stuck down in to the ground so he wouldn’t fall backwards too much.

The spear casually shot over his body, and since the monster didn’t make contact with its’ target, and because of the way it shot the spear forward using one hand, it left itself wide open for an attack. Pulling the earth up with his thrust forward, Reinier shot his arm towards the leg of the lizard. Two blades entered in to the monster’s leg, and the most raspy shriek of pain Reinier had ever heard was uttered from the beast. The dark miasma seemed to flood out of the guards and in to the wound, and the beast froze. Shaking violently, the monster dropped its’ spear and stared off in to the distance.

Reinier came up from the ground, after having fallen from his attack. He climbed to his feet and smiled, “Nothing kills better then your own fears…” Reinier muttered to himself, inspecting the monster. With a simple jab, Reinier put the monster out of its’ misery and jabbed the lizard in the eyes. The monster went limp and fell to its’ knees, falling towards Reinier. He threw his hand upwards through the skull of the lizard and stepped to the right, and watched the lizard fall on to the red earth. An odd colored blood oozed out of its’ head, pooling under the newly made corpse.

Reinier shook his hands, getting the blood from out of the blades. He looked down on his hands, noticing the left hand still had a miasma. “Hrm… I guess it regenerates… whatever…” Reinier peered around the field, and decided he did his part by killing two monsters, and waited for the others to finish their part.

Goddamn you’re lazy…

Not lazy. I just don’t want to do work right now because I’m saving up my energy for when you have to climb up that mountain for me.

Like hell I’m climbing up that mountain.

I’m just gonna ride on your back while you fly upwards with the group.

No I’m not.

If you ever want to be fed again you will.

I fucking hate you.

(Taimat: Level one Elemental Breath)

((OOC: Three Frizzy Green Lizzies dead.
Lighteria's fighting one Green Lizzy
Three Red Lizards still remain.
Nighthand has maimed two orbs, one is still left at critical.))
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Sun May 15, 2005 10:11 pm

Now awaken....

These words echoed through the Heavy Blade’s mind as he lay lifeless on the ground. A small spec of clear water gently caressed his face, and it slowly trickled off to the side of his ear and then dripped off to the ground. Hac’s eyes brightly opened as if the one drop alone had rejuvenated him completely. It seemed that everything that had just happened to him was half a dream and half a nightmare. He then pressed his hands on the ground behind him and kicked his feet in the air while shifting his body weight forward. Now on his feet he saw the Faerie of Water, Aqualiea, staring at him with a wide smile and tears flowing down her cheeks. You can stop your crying now. I am still alive. Hac said to her sympathetically.

The faerie slowly got to her feet and wiped her eyes and face of the excess water. I thought you had died. You just fell out and did not show any signs of life. Your facial expressions did not alter, and your mind was blank. It was as if you were in another place where no one could reach you. You scared me half to death, but it seems the others took no heed to it. I am so sorry Hacorie. If I had explained these powers to you more, this never would have happened. You used more power then you could handle and it in turn your control of the element ceased to exist. It is all my fault! Her voice erupted in his mind as tears reappeared in her eyes and had already begun following previous paths.

Stop your crying. It is not your fault. The powers would have inevitable left me anyway. I was still having trouble controlling them. It was as if a force inside me was fighting the power over water, trying to force it out. I think I found out what. It is much more complicated to explain though. You will see soon enough though. I could be completely wrong, so it may jest be my imagination.

So how long was I out for, Aqualiea? About ten minutes. Really? That long, eh? A lot must have happened then.

“Colossal Forbidden Climb!” Hacorie heard a familiar voice say. Turning to see whom it was, Hac saw three golden rings already wisping them away to the field. Are you ready for a fight then, Aqualiea? I cannot fight anymore. Once the powers were lost, mine also depleted into nonexistence. Since they were my powers to begin with, they were connected to me. Once the link was cut, they disappeared on both ends. I have thought of a way to help you though. I shall be your translator. I will transfer your thoughts to words. I will be your voice. You must protect me though. Do not worry, I will.

With the conversation at an end, Hacorie walked toward the Chaos Gate, hearing the wings of the Faerie behind him. Colossal Forbidden Climb Hac called in his mind at the Chaos Gate. The bright yellow rings ascended from the ground a moment later and sent him away to the field. As he entered, Hac noticed a gigantic mountain in the distance. And I thought we would be on flat lands. He said sarcastically. Looking toward the ground, Hacorie saw the imprints of people and other organisms going toward the mountain. Smirking, he looked forward and started walking, following the prints in the dirt.

Finally, Hacorie reached the group, who were already fighting monsters. Seems I missed the start of the party. Well, let me make up for it. The Heavy Blade said to himself maniacally as his hands quickly went to the hilt of the Oceanic aura. Before withdrawing it from its protective cover, Hac decided to close in on his foes. Aqauliea on the other hand stayed back where the other pets were to not get harmed.

Those red ones look like they are bored. I guess I will pick them. Closing the gap between the monsters and his body, Hac watched all three Red Lizzys’ step back with swords held in front of their bodies. They were not going to be defeated without a fight.

All three of the monsters rushed at Hacorie without giving warning. One of the monsters stopped and turned around to an incoming orb. Holding its sword high in the air, the monster cast a spell on the ball of yellow energy. The white light that engulfed it seemed to heal the monster. So they know Repth. This will be interesting. The other two lizards converged until they almost touched each other arm to arm. This was so the healing one could stay back without being destroyed.

Hac was now about to clash with the monsters. He slowly let his right hand fall on the sheathe as his left remained planted firmly on the hilt. Now waiting another second, he pulled his left arm toward the left side of his body. As the blade was sliding out, Hacorie slid his right-hand back up toward where the hilt was until it touched the icy blue blade. Stepping his right foot forward in his run, Hacorie stopped his forward movement and pushed the back of the blade toward the front of his body. The right of the two lizards was one step ahead of the other so as the blade’s momentum crossed in front of Hac’s body, the Red Lizzie tried to defend itself with its blade.

The lizard only tried to block with one hand on the hilt of the blade, instead of cupping the blade with his other hand adding extra defense. This one’s mistake was its fatal flaw. Hac’s blade hit the Blademaster sword and it turned the lizard’s hand down, breaking its wrist. The weight of the sword was going in a different direction than intended and made the Red Lizzie off balance. Hacorie took advantage of this by continuing his spin and keeping his blade horizontally pointing out away from the right side of his body. His blade soon struck the monster as the screeching sound of armor was heard. Hacorie also saw a crimson color fly off his sword and hit the other lizard, who was now beside the struck one. Hacorie quickly stopped his feet from continuing his feet and started stumbling a bit backwards from the aftershock of the spin.

Hac’s eyes soon became normal again, their glowing intensity still focused on the two Red Lizzys’ in front of him. He now had both hands on his sword, and the katana was pointed in front of his body. The lizard with a broken wrist was trying to nonchalantly switch his sword to his other hand. Hacorie beamed his eyes at him though. At this moment the Red Lizzie that was beside the hurt one dashed forward with the sword ready to strike. As the slash came vertically toward Hac’s shoulders, the Heavy Blade slid his front foot to the back and swung his Katana like a baseball bat. The clanging of metal echoed off the mountain right after. Holding onto the grip of the oceanic Aura with a tight grip, Hacorie pushed forward with all his might. The Red Lizzie was sent backwards trying to maintain balance. Using this as an opportunity, Hacorie turned and diagonally stabbed at the other Red Lizzie near him. Hac’s sword pierced the monster through the stomach. Leaving his sword planted in the monster’s stomach, Hacorie turned around and then kneeled while looking at the Red Lizzie he had just dealt with start charging at him again. Hac grabbed his sword with both hands over his right shoulder and stood up while listening to the sound of bones and flesh tearing and cracking as the Oceanic aura sliced its opponent nearly in half.

Once the sword cut through the monster’s skull, Hac continued to bring it over his head with the excessive force. The sword came over his shoulder too fast though. The Heavy Blade was quickly sent forward with his attack. Hac’s shoulder soon caught the stomach of the other Red Lizzie. His sword was cutting through the monster’s shoulder simultaneously. The lizard screamed in pain as it started to beat Hacorie on the back with its sword. The feeling of blood trickling down his back became evident as each strike that hit his body and started to make a squishing sound at times. Trying not to pay attention to the pain, a voice began to echo in Hac’s mind. The old raspy voice, he had heard before in his dream.

Remember, I am here to protect you. But I thought it was all a dream. Could my dream have been reality? No. A dream is but a dream. It cannot be real. This is real though, so I must fight on and not give up.

Hac’s blue eyes began to emit a darker glow as he stood to his feet. The back of his dark blue cloak was stained with the dark color of where blood had soaked into his outfit. The monster was still fit with rage as it moved its sword over its head for another vertical strike on Hac. This more powerful then the last since it had two hands on the hilt of the sword. Before the monster could bring the sword down, Hacorie turned his body, and lifted his hands. The sword easily struck through the arms of the lizard. The monster’s sword came crashing down to the ground as the AI stared at its nonexistent hands. It then began wailing and moaning in horror. A white light soon engulfed its body though restoring its hands. Smirking evilly, the Red Lizzie took back its sword from its old, dead hands. You cannot beat me.

MeRue Zot.

Ice shards erupted from the ground skewering the Lizard until you could not tell it was a lizard anymore. Another one bites the dust. Hacorie called in his mind as he waited for his SP to regen. It did not though. Staring blankly at the bar, Hac forced his head upward to the lone Lizard. The orb was also around, but it was floating off to the side. MeRue Zot! Hac called again as his sword began to glow an ominous blue color. This lizard was ready though. It jumped in the air as the glyph came from below him. His jump was a little late though, so he was barely nicked by one of the ice pillars. As it hit the ground, Hac was already upon the monster. In his running over, he had switched swords to the KK.

Hirameki!

He called aloud as the wood elemental attack began. Hac first took his sword over his shoulder and struck down, diagonally, across the monster’s chest. In a fluid motion, he brought the sword upward and slashed down again forming an ‘X’ shape. Using the force of the slash, Hacorie spun around, like he had done before in a normal attack, and watched as the leaf green sword cut the Lizards stomach. The two parts to the lizard fell to the ground beside one another and sunk into the earth.

Hac’s bloody hands reached in his pouch and pulled out a blue liquid. Opening the cork of the bottle, he swallowed its content. His low SP was restored to its full value.

Why did it not restore itself by me just walking around. It always has before.

Looking at the floating orb, Hacorie took a few steps back as he slid the KK into its sheathe. Continuing to step backwards, Hacorie smiled.

Seems I have done enough damage for now. I will let someone else take care of the orb.

Soon, Hacorie turned his back toward the orb and started to walk back toward the ‘pet section’. He then noticed a glyph beneath his feet. It was brown, but not the normal lines for a Gan spell. The lines represented that of a summon. Oh no. Turning back toward it, Hacorie saw the summon Yarthkins appear above the orb.

Wise owl who protects the spirits, please protect me with your icy stare. His Sp dropped from full to zero and did not regen any like earlier. Hacorie also watched as his stats for offense and defense decreased for magic and attack. Hac called in his mind to the air. He then stood blankly looking at Yarthkins as it began to send earth from all around at the Heavy Blade. Right then a dazzling event took place. A snowy white owl zipped past the entire group, cutting in front of the oncoming earth. A blurred aura then passed behind its body, like the kind a rare sword has when you swing it fast. It quickly turned around in mid flight and flapped its wings hard toward the earth. The sound its wings made was almost like the breaking of glass and the flapping of wings converged. Crystalline sickles of ice were sent out of its wings. Each ice shard hit a piece of rock or clump of earth at exact precision. That meant the players in the summons range were only pelted with dust. Yarthkins then disappeared, but the owl remained. It then swooped down toward Hacorie and gently set itself on his shoulder.

“Is that all? You could have easily took that blow. I am not here to take out every weak thing around, notice how I left the orb in tact. Though, it is about time you finally summoned me. I was getting bored just sitting on top a snowy mountain, watching the battle unfold. The power I hold can destroy many if used correctly, but in the hands of a novice like you, it could be deadly for both sides. I will attack when I want you. You can command me to do anything, but unless I feel like fighting, or unless you show me you are not an idiot and know what you are doing, I will not attack. I like challenges so I will leave all the weak ones to you.” The owl said. Outside Hac hearing the owl, no one else could understand the screeching it was doing.

But my stats decreased drastically when I called you.

”So? Just because you are weak does not mean you cannot help out. That answer just shows you do not deserve to control me. Until you can act and think in a way I approve, do not ask for my assistance. I will not listen.”

But.....Idiotic old bird

”I heard that, a little immature don’t you think?"

Yes, but maybe that’s the way I am.

(OOC:

Summon Stats:
—Spirit Owl(19% obedience)

Monsters:
1x Alive Green Lizzy(fighting Lighteria)
1x Alive Orb thingy(not critical anymore)
3x Dead Red Lizzy’s
3x Dead Green Lizzy’s)
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Mon May 16, 2005 11:28 pm

GRrrrrggggh!!! Oh COME on!! It's just an overgrown lizard! How tough could it be!?

His blade clinking together with his item pouch, the foul reptile's breath threatening to overwhelm his senses, Lighteria shoves his weight onto the lizard's spear pole, only to have the lizard man shift his left hind leg a little to compensate. At this point, the realization that a battle of strength may NOT have been a good idea, considering the fact that a twin blade is a rather weak character. Still, the battle was on and if either of them gave an inch, the other would surely gain the upper hand in the battle. The two digital beings grunt and groan, pushing with all their might against each other, staring down into each other's eyes with fire and anger.

"Mew mew. (Hi guys.)" A voice suddenly sounds from below. The two combatants blink at the same time, the fire and anger instantly turning to curiousness. They look to the ground to see Kit smiling, he paw up as though she's waving, sitting calmly by the lizard's ankle. The lizard's eye brow raises. *kcchhing* Kit smiles, the sound of her claws extending from her paw unusually loud to day. The lizard's eyes widen and sweat drops fly off the back of his head as Kit's claw makes a clean swipe at its ankle.

"HISSSSSS!!!!" The lizard 'screams' out, its ankle buckling under intense pain (trust me, I know) of the scratch. As its grip weakens, Lighteria pushes with a single hand, letting his other dig into his belt and snag his blade, holding it in attack, rather than the typical defense position. With a wide arc, swing he slams the blade into the monster's face, blood streaming from his head, its grip releasing the spear as it collapses onto the ground. Lighteria glares, still holding the spear in his hand.

"That hurt." He says, sliding his slayer back into his belt, gripping the spear with both hands. Kit turns away as the twin blade quickly plunges the spear through the lizards chest and into the hard earth below. It gurgles and dies a painful death as Lighteria turns to one of the orbs his teammates had neglected to finish off.

The hell? I grapple with this guy and everyone else has slain the others? Damn... I'd be more useful as an aura.

He shrugs and walks up to the beast, apparently busily in the process of casting a powerful spell on another player. Lighteria chuckles to himself, actually able to feel the earth energies welling up inside the glowing monster... thingy. As its energy bulges Lighteria taps his finger on the monster's back. It blinks and turns.

"Hiya." Lighteria says, leaping into the air, pulling his blades from his belt. In a swift motion he plunges the blades into the monster's sides, pinning the orb to the ground. It winces, feeling the blades entrenched in what I'm assuming it its flesh... at least its physical mass. Before it has time to escape though, Lighteria pulls his foot back and kicks it football-style. The last thing the orb sees through its wide eyes is the toe of the twin blade's shoe. What doesn't stay attached to the ground with the blades goes flying off to the north, bleeding and fading into nothingness.

"Mew mew. (Nice kick.)" Kit says, walking up to the twin blade's side as he chuckles.

"And I hate football." He says with a smile, pulling his blades from the ground and replacing them in his belt.

BATTLE MODE OFF =D

Lighteria stretches, turning back to the group looking relaxed. "Well THAT was a big waste of time..." He blinks suddenly and blushes, looking up to the rest of them. His voice instantly drops out of his throat and he turns pale from nervousness. "Uh.. I mean.. uh... yea." He coughs tries to sink back into the background.
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Nall
Elevated Player

Post by Nall » Thu May 19, 2005 3:20 am

Another birdman's head flew off it's shoulder's into the air. Nall was nearly halfway to his goal now. The top of the mountain was still out of sight due to the coulds surrounding the peek. The journy was wearing upon the blademaster, and he grew weaker with every push up the mountain, every monster, and every time he nearly fell off. The fights were few, but painful. Due to clinging to the mountain, it was hard to do much of anything against flying type monsters. He had to rely on his powers to get by safely. The monsters would make sure Nall's as weak as possible when, or if, he reaches the top.

-----------------------------------------

"Shit! How the hell does Nall know how to climb so fast? I'd barely be able to catch him if I flew!"
Nayru urged people towards the mountain, ushering them up. Nighthand looked up the mountain and sighed.

"What about a spell boosting? Rom spell thermals, upside down Don?"

Nayru blinked and stuck his tiny little tongue out at the heavyblade.
"If you wanna try an upside down Don go ahead, just try not to bring the entire mountain down on us with your horrible control over your powers!"

Nighthand began climbing the mountain, muttering to himself.
"I'll be sure to let it off under you, then...."

"WHAT WAS THAT?!"
The tiny cat screamed as it glared at the back of Nighthand. Nighthand ignored Nayru and kept climbing up the mountain. About 12 feet up the cliff Nighthand placed his hand upon something strange. It looked like a normal rock that he was going to use to pull himself up, but it felt different.

Nighthand gasped off guard as the rock suddenly jumped to life, springing from the wall and latching onto his face. The force knocked him down off the cliff. The rock-like creature that attacked Nighthand and painfully brought him crashing down to the earth was relatively small. It's body was about the size of a bowling ball and it had 8 rocky legs. The spider got off Nighthand just as quickly as it came and scooted back to the mountain, jumping onto it and vanishing.

Some of the players gasped and called to down to see if the heavy blade was ok. Others looked around frantically to see if another of those things was around. Nayru simply floated in the air and laughed.

"Frigging sprider... Looks like we have something to watch out for. Oh, and shut up you stupid cat, or I'll use you as spider-bait!"
Nighthand proceeded to dust himself off and begin climbing again. Nayru stuck his tongue out yet again.

"Too bad the spiders can't touch me when I'm flying! Watch out for the birdmen too, they're much more dangerous."
Nayru giggled as he fluttered around the group. As if on que, the group noticed a creature comming towards them which they could easily guess the identity. Upon comming closer, the group could see two in total.

They were each about the size of a normal player. However, they had large, white, elegant wings with which they were able to glide perfectly through the air. Their movements were perfect, clearly showing they were made for dueling while in flight. Their face had the features of a human but mixed with that of an eagle.

They both drew their swords simultaneously. Nayru fluttered around, trying to avoid any kind of battle.

"Careful! Those spiders are still lurking around! Do NOT fall off the cliff! From this height, your character data may be deleted!"

--------------OOC------------------

Ok, last battle was fine, I wanted it to be quick, but just to be sure about the relativity system, I'm gonna expand on it.
1-Relatively pathetic.
2-Pretty weak still. Formidable to the weakest of the group.
3-Average for most monsters in the world. Formidable opponents for most of the group.
4-Above average. Quite strong and can be deadly to weakest. Formidable for the highest of the group.
5-Advanced. Increadbily tough for most members of the group. Even the strongest would be unable to deal with it alone. Very deadly to most of the group.
6-Elite. None of the group could solo this under any circumstances. Increadibly tough to a group of strong players.
7-Master. The entire group combined would have enormous trouble dealing with this monster.
8-GL for God-like and good luck. The entire group would be massacred upon normal conditions.
9-Insane. Because you'd be insane to fight this monster. It will easily kill the strongest in a single hit.
10-Ultimate. Strategy is the only thing that will keep you alive. Combined ultimate hacks will have little to no effect.

I hope that helps a little. Remember, it's a basis of relativity. Thus, a hacker may seem a 10 right now, but will go down to a 8 maybe later on. The hacker didn't get stronger, you did.

Birdman (blademaster)
Fairly strong. Flying. Can glide through the air with precision. Will try to knock you off the mountain.
Acc: 3
Def: 3
MAtt: 3
MAcc: 2
MDef: 4
Speed: fast

-Gan Slash
-MeGan Rom
-Suvi Lei

Rock Spiders
No class type. Can hide on the mountain and move freely. Only if looking VERY closely at the monster on the mountain can you see it. Often will just try to knock you off balance. Otherwise, weak.
Acc: 4
MDef: 1
Speed: fast

-Dek Do
-Ap Do
Nall//Blademaster | SWORD | Time Headband | Kagayuzen | Hands of Life | White Boots | {Life Drain}{Skill Drain} <Rue Crack> <Rue Revolver> <Ap Do> <Miu Lei> <Ol Repth> <Rip Maen>

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Sat May 21, 2005 7:35 am

"You know... most pets have a special ability... where they just disappear someplace on the player." Lighteria says, groaning as he scales the cliff. "You know, like a tattoo or a ring... some different form." He gasps, his foot slipping on some loose rock, tightening his grip on the other rocks to compensate. "So why is it YOU have to cling to my shoulder?!" Kits blinks, still curled up on his shoulder, he claws dug into his shirt.

"Mew, mew mew meow. Mew mew meow mew meow mew. (Hey, I'm a kitten. Not some magic Cerberus or something.)" She retorts, digging her claws into his skin a little, making him gasp. "Mew. Mew mew meow mew mew meow. (Besides. There's more than one way to hang on to you.)" She releases his shoulder and goes back to clinging on his shirt, amidst a subtle growl from the twin blade.

"I should have left you at the bottom of the mountain." He grumbles, wishing he had wings. As he mutters curses in his head a sudden collective gasp fills his ears. He whips his head over to see Nighthand sporting a new rock mask and attempting to float on his back. ...That or he got knocked off the mountain side by a rock creature. Betting on the latter, the twin blade scans his eyes around for any of the creatures.

Crap... I don't see a thing! They must blend in perfectly with the rock wall!

"Incoming!!" Kit suddenly shouts, in English for the benefit of the others in the group. Lighteria looks up and gasps, seeing two birdmen... things flying down towards the groups, single-handed blades shimmering in the digital sunlight. He swallows and reaches a hand down into his belt, sliding his raitei out, jamming it against the rock to make a grip. Much to his dismay, however, the tip barely digs into the rock at all, making the blade nowhere near stable enough. He swallows and slides it back into his belt as the Birdman descends upon him. His grip just barely tightens on the rock when he feels a powerful blow to his upper back. He yelps, feeling powerful claws dig into his skin, the blow forcing his arms to compensate for the sudden weight, making his elbows ache. Kit doesn't help much either, having to dig her claws into him to stay stable from the jolt.

OWWWWW-!!!! DAM* that hurt!!! And that eagle claw attack was no picnic either! I gotta figure out a way to block!

Gripping the rock wall tighter, the twin blade whips a raitei from his belt and glares at the Birdman as it circles around for an attack. The player gasps as he watches it pull its sword over its head going to strike him in the head. The player quickly jabs his blade upward into the attack, trying to knock the bird's sword to the side. The two blades collide with a powerful clang. The Birdman's attack is redirected into the rock wall, making a long scrape on the side and Lighteria's raitei is knocked from his hand to the ground below. The twin blade curses under his breath as he watches the Birdman fly backwards, recovering from the attack.

With a rather dangerous shift in hand grips, Lighteria pulls his other Raitei from his belt and wields it with his right hand, glaring at the monster. It practically laughs at it caws and swoops in for another assault.

"Get ready Kit... This could get rough" He whispers to his feline friend as he glances to the side for another rock to grab. Spotting one, he watches the Birdman as it swoops in towards him, pulling its sword back to the side for a horizontal swipe. As it reaches striking distance, the sword cuts through the air with a whistle, Lighteria jerking his body to the side. The Birdman blinks as Lighteria leaps to the right and swipes at the birdman with his blade, cutting its arm at its attack finishes, the twinblade managing to get a hand and foot hold on the rock, enough to stabilize him as Kit clings with all her might to his shirt and back. The bird screeches and swipes its claw at Lighteria as a counterattack, clawing into his attacking wrist. Lighteria yelps out from the claw swipe, dropping his blade from the shock, the raitei falling to hard earth below. The twin blade's heart sinks as the Birdman swoops backwards and circles for another attack.

My blades! NO!! Those were my favorite!! I don't think I can fight with anything else! ...Certainly not as well... ...-! CRAP! I can't fight! That bird.. thing is gonna kill me!

He gasps, gripping the rock wall with both hands, watching the bird swoop in. His heart pounds out of his chest as it pulls its sword back.

One last jump...

He gasps and leaps back to the left as the Birdman thrusts its sword at him. The tip of the blade rings out as it hits the rock, the Birdman's quickly retracting it to its side to avoid further shock. As it recovers, however Lighteria glares and reaches out for it, fire in his eyes. The Birdman whips its head towards the player only to have it's vision blocked out by his palm. With fire sparking in his eyes, Lighteria grips his fingernails into the bird's face, blood seeping from its new cuts as it flails around, scraping Lighteria's chest with its claws.

Ignoring the pain, Lighteria screams out viciously, gripping the beast's face tighter. It screeches out in pain as the twin blade rams its head into the stone wall with his hand. Its entire body twitches from the shock, the sheer force making it bounce off the wall a little. However, the attack doesn't stop. Growling, Lighteria slams its head back into the rock wall, the birds body twitching around again involuntarily, starting to hang limp in the player's grasp. Again, its head is slammed into the rock wall, blood starting to stain the earth red, Lighteria supporting more and more of its weight as its wings slow down.

*slam!!* .. *slam!!* ..*slam!*-*crrrk* ... *slam* .... *slam*

Lighteria pants, his left hand aching painfully from supporting him. He stares at the near-lifeless Birdman hanging in his hand, his lungs burning a little from the exertion. He shakes his head a little, staring at the blood seeping out from behind his palm. He swallows to wrench the disgust back into his gut and flings the bird downward. The body spiralling towards the hard earth, its head hitting the rock wall again on the way down, causing it to flail limply and land on the ground in a broken heap, slowly fading into dust.

Kit watches it, finally able to ease her grip on Lighteria's shoulder and takes her claws out of him and simply into his shirt. The twin blade, meanwhile, hangs from the same spot, panting and aching, trying to gain his strength back before he tries climbing again.

"Mew mew meow mew mew... Mew meow mew meow mew. (Don't forget about the rock huggers... Keep your eyes peeled as you climb)" Kit says quietly, trying to wipe some blood off his cheek with her paw.

"I know...." Lighteria pants weakly, hanging from the rocks. "I've... really got to watch myself...."

OCC: 1 Birdman = teh ded.

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Sat May 21, 2005 7:29 pm

Zan blinked absently up at the mass of a climb that lay before him in the form of cracked granite and abnormally dry rock. Little notches were placed a little up the path here and there, providing a supposedly easy direction to the top. The small placements were just big enough to fit a grown person's hand and the tip of their scrambling feet. The convenience of it all was painfully too much so and the Heavy Blade found himself easing around the base of the would-be climb until he found a patch of earth that was free of such assistance. Again he found himself reaching into that part of him that had been in the minds of all mankind sense the dawn of existence. He felt it stir in its slumber as its energy roared down his arms and trembled at his fingertips. For a moment nothing but the unsteady shaking of his hand signaled his Beast's summoning. The others had already begun to climb by the time his hands begun making any progress at all.

The first changes were subtle; the size of his hands getting a touch wider with the sprouting of additional, stronger muscles. It wasn't long before his otherwise slender digits grew a good inch or so, the ends curving into thick, razor sharp nails. A thin layer of charcoal hair coursed from the top of his hand and down the length of his forearm. Only a quick jut of intervention stopped transformation from continuing on past his elbow. Though his arms looked slightly disproportionate from the rest of his body by the time it was done, it had given Zan just the tool he needed to ascend the wannabe pillar. A splayed hand slammed fingers into the wall, each one digging in and stopping just before the start of his knuckles. When his other hand had joined it, both took a grab on the new holds, the sound of crushing terra as he gripped was rather unmistakable. One, careful breath was taken in before he hoisted himself up and began the painstakingly slow process of the climb.

It hadn't been five minutes when the sound of screeching Birdmen and hugging Rock Spiders echoed around him. The bird creatures were easy to spot around him, but the Heavy Blade could see no sign of the earthy arachnids. Zan's temporarily heightened smell revealed nothing and it wasn't until his eyes bled over with a gold sheen did he see the tiniest of movements just under where his hand was about to land. An inhuman growl rumbled through his throat as his hand was clenched into a tight fist, nails making half-moon cuts into his palm. The minorly bleeding fist smashed into the ever-so-slightly twitching earth and had the spider folding in upon itself, legs spamming for a moment before the life drained from its dry husk and. As he drew his hand from the minute crater the monster fell forward, no movements issuing from its 'corpse' as it tumbled to the ground below. Cautious eyes swept over ever inch of the climb as he moved upward; looking for even the smallest sign that something lay inside.

Zan didn't even notice himself move, instinct pushing up to push partly off the wall and swing around, chest facing outward as a Birdman's sword scraped the width of hill he had just been previously occupying. Not wanting to give it a chance to form its next attack plan, the Heavy Blade let loose a 'Rai Rom!' from lips, the lightning rune blinking earnestly below the hovering feet of Zan's attacker. As bolts of energy came crashing down, the Birdman revealed himself to be much more agile than Zan had initially given him credit. He was almost positive it would dodge the spell completely. The stray, final bolt that sliced across the right wing of his pursuer earned him a loud screech that bordered on ultrasonic. Frantic claws dug in vain at the rough surface as the Birdman's flight seemed to fail it. An 'encouraging' kick to the solar-plexus sent the beast fluttering downward, an audible thud signaling the creature's stop. Like the spider, it convulsed for a good handful of seconds before the last ounce of life sunk into the soil at its back.

Perhaps it was the metamorphosis of his hands or the massive use of his sense that triggered the Beast's cry to take over. Something in him was fighting to snap. Something in him was begging to be let loose upon the world. Battle coiled around him like a warm blanket, begging him to give in to the untapped mystery in the back of his head. Zan hung motionless on the mass of rock after he swung back around. The fear of attack had been replaced by the fear of his control slipping from his distorted fingertips. It was true that he had allowed his Beast some power over him. Such a decision had indeed let to his increased control over his otherwise unstable abilities. Zan was beginning to drastically regret having made that choice. Giving it a piece of his humanity had only caused its hunger to swell that much further. Its appetite was back and the Heavy Blade was positive that once it got its way he would once again spiral down a path that one could not hope to climb back up. What scared him more than that was the fact that he had received a similar ominous gut reaction when he had met Wulo for the first time. That had only let to chaos and, perhaps, his own indirect insanity. Where would this lead?

The thought as well as the urge to give into his Beast was shaken from him as the sounds of battle renewed. The Heavy Blade seemed safe (for a lack of a better word) at the moment, but his fellow 'Freedom Fighters' seemed to be caught in the crossfire of the real battle. Ever since his arrival with them it had become notable that they were simply a pack of people that had barely anything tying them together (excusing the current comatose, of course). None seemed close. None seemed bonded. Though Wulo had put him into a similar shell, Zan refused to stay encircled by unfamiliarity any longer. He felt obligated to initiate some sort of connection between another individual. If the group was to truly become a team and truly grow a trust that was necessarily for any sort of friendship, they had to start conversing in one way or another. Eyes still bright with the golden glow of wolven eyes, Zan called out to anyone who was willing to listen.

"Anybody need some help? These eyes can spot the damn spiders imbedded in the rock." It was a feeble, awkward attempt, but it was better than nothing.

----------
OOC: One Birdman, One Rock Spider

Total-
2 Birdmen
1 Rock Spider
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist
EX: Elemental Summon (Lv. 2), Overdrive (Lv.1), Elemental Attacks (Lv. 2), Enhance Dark, Elemental Breath (Lv. 2).

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sun May 22, 2005 6:41 pm

Together they climbed, slowly up the sheer cliffs of this so-called mountain. Usually, perhaps the view would have been nice. It defiantly would have been had this been reality. Real life. But here on this barren, lifeless field, the only thing in view was the mountain itself. The rest of the panorama stretched on endlessly, lifeless and boring.

Real life. It seemed that time again, when Nighthand started thinking about it. His life seemed to move in a cycle these days. Gain some power, defeat some enemy, and think about before. What were they really fighting for? What was it they were after? So far, all they had to run on was that the hackers had put them in comas… But Nall…

Nall was obsessed. He was still barely in sight above them, He climbed like a man possessed. Really though, he sort of was. Possessed with the overwhelming urge for destruction, possessed with the need to take revenge out on the few he could handle.

Earlier in the battle with Hijinx, Nall lacked his time controls. What exactly was going on, Nighthand didn’t know, but he had been hit with blows he normally would have avoided. Some had been up. And while it seemed all better now, there was no telling what he would do.

He DID seem to be using his time right now, though. His climb was faster than any of them anticipated, and yet he was still moving. He knocked birdmen and spiders off the cliffs with easy, though none of them reached the group. They were far enough ahead that they had time to disappear before they fell that far.

The spiders were only really an annoyance. Nighthand couldn’t sense them, but if he was close enough, he could spot their movements. Not wishing to repeat his previous fall, especially at this height, he was careful to thread himself around them, and kill the few that were too close in his way.

For some reason, the birdmen seemed unwilling to attack him. They seemed instead to zero in on the weaker members of the party. Even so, they were quickly dispatched.

The downside of flight, it appeared, was a low defense rating. Hollow, light bones made easy breaking, after all.

They climbed.

Higher and higher they climbed, until the ground seemed so far away there was no doubt in anyone’s mind that a fall would be fatal, and probably final. All detail of the ground was lost, only a swath of color could be seen. Their only reality now was vertical.

It had been a little while since they had defeated the two birdmen that came down after them. The spiders were a constant thorn in their sides, but nothing they couldn’t handle if they were careful. It was that carefulness, though, that had the going so slow. If they tried to climb much faster, they would be much more vulnerable to the spiders.

SKREEEEEEEEEE!

Skreeeeeeeeeeeee!

SKREEEEEEEEEEEE!

The calls of the hunting avian predators echoed around the mountain. They were coming.

With a heavy sigh, Nighthand drew back his corona blade and lodged it into the rock wall. The blade was wide and long, and with a good foot of its length buried in the rock, it formed a study platform to fight from. Narrow, not enough room for any fancy footwork, but enough to stand on.

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! The calls were closer now. The heavyblade looked up, drawing his Life Sword.

High above them, the birdmen spotted the crawling party. Battle cries filled the air, as one by one they folded their wings and dove for them.

Nighthand counted the dots while there was still time. He knew others might have better eyes that him, but that didn’t so much matter as his own internal count. Silverblade could keep track, using his peripheral vision and the sounds he would ignore in battle, to keep count of how many were left.

Two… three… four, five… six. Six birdmen, falling like sleek white missiles. They kept close to the rock wall, almost as if they were showing off. At the speeds they fell, a mistake, a twitch into the wall, would be fatal for them. But still they did it anyways. An aerial show unlike any other. Twitching wings steered them around objects, like a pack of bikers riding around potholes. They fell into a rough formation.

”Heads up people, six birdmen close fast!” He gave warning to the others.

They arrived.

The leader hit first, abruptly leveling out his flight path and flaring his wings. The resulting gust of wing nearly knocked Nighthand over on his blade. The second and third did the same to the sides, and spread out slightly to let the other three fall past. They shot past Nighthand and flared up under him, seeking to bat his partners off the cliffs.

Nighthand wasn’t as concerned with his partners at the moment though. The three initial birdmen had circled back and were coming at him. He would have his hands full.

I’ll keep track of them, warn you of other strikes.
Good.

Nighthand twirled his Life Sword around in one hand, taunting the leader in front of him. He hoped to goad him into attacking solo, rather than waiting for the other two to get in position. His taunting worked, and the leader, enraged, swooped in. His sword rang as it encountered the Heavyblade’s. The birdman was forced to flit backwards. The downside of being an aerial enemy was that it doesn’t have the footing for a prolonged power contest.

Nighthand watched its form retreat, as the two others on the sides swooped in. Their attacks were perfectly timed, one after another. Nighthand parried the first, backed against the wall, and deflected the second. A quick overhand chop shattered the wing of the third birdman, sending it spiraling into the mountainside below.

Now cautious, the other two hovered warily out of arms reach a short distance away.

I have a plan… But…
You have to time it just right, I know. Go for it. The WORST you could do is get us both killed.

Nighthand took a step forward, balancing on the handle of his blade. The birdmen saw his precarious position and immediately attacked, just as he had hoped. This was his chance.

Nighthand took a deep breath, and as the first birdman drew near, he leapt.

Caught with a look of surprise on its face, the avian that was his target was unable to swerve and avoid the heavyblade’s leap. He landed heavily on the creature’s back.

Nighthand knew this was a very risky gamble. The creature’s light-weight body wouldn’t be able to handle his own weight for long. There was only one thing to do.

Reaching down, Nighthand gripped the shoulder joints of the creatures wings and pulled up. Already in a dive, the monster was unable to control itself. Nighthand’s haphazard adjustment sent them in an abrupt vertical launch, like a glider turns upright. They were mere feet away from the second birdman, diving to catch up to it’s companion and free him of the heavyblade. Nighthand called on his state shift, and pushed himself fully into strength. Gathering himself, he leapt just before impact of the two bodies.

The strength of his kick shattered the bird under him, and the impact of the second sent them both tumbling downwards in a tangled mess. Not having the lift he expected, it was all Nighthand could do to reach out and grab his blade’s handle.

He felt it give a little under his impact, and quickly swung back onto the wall, shifting back to normal as he did. He reached up and took hold of the loosened corona blade, and drew it from the wall.

Sheathing it, he clung warily to the wall, catching his breath and watching the battle, hopefully not to be attacked again for a while.

(OOC: Three new birdmen to fight, and don't forget there are spiders around too. )

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Tue May 24, 2005 8:03 pm

*chink*

Lighteria's old amateur blade digs into the wall. With his Raitei gone and him afraid to drop another powerful pair of blades, the player reverts back to the basics, and a pair of blades that, while definitely easy to handle, are junk.

*chink*

The other blade sounds, just able to wedge into the rock enough to give him a solid handle, provided he holds it at a downwards angle. He muses for a moment on how many times he's used the "mountain climber" technique to latch onto the backs of enemies, climb their backs through a series of stabs and cut their throats. By now he must have dispatched a dozen enemies using that, but ironically, with rock being much harder to break than flesh, the technique is almost piteously ineffective for climbing an ACTUAL mountain.

*ssstthk!*

"SSSSSSsssss!!!" A rock spider hisses out, Lighteria's blade plunging into its camouflaged back. The player blinks, honestly having not seen it and digs the blade further into its back. Blood drips out of the wound slowly and the twin blade halts his accent until the hisses and movement die down. As soon as they do, he plucks the spider from his blade and tosses it over his shoulder, the monster dissipating into nothing before it even hits the ground. Kit watches the monster as it falls and shrugs, curling back up onto Lighteria's shoulder as he continues climbing.

*chink*

*chink*

*chink*

”Heads up people, six birdmen close fast!” Lighteria looks up to Nighthand, having been climbing ahead and spies the incoming birds of prey.

I see them... Bring it on.

"Mew mew meow meow? Mew meow mew mew. (So now what do we do? Last fight was pretty tenuous.)"

"Don't worry... I've got a special plan this time. And it involves you."

"Mew? (Me?)"

The kitten blinks and gasps as a birdman swoops down past them, trying to knock the pair off the mountain with sheer wind force of its dive. Lighteria growls and plants both his blades into the side of the mountain, getting as firm a grip as he can. They two of them look down to see the birdman flying vertically up to them, sword drawn.

"Get ready Kit... to attack."

"MEW?! Mew?! (ME!? Attack!?)"

The bird man swoops up, inches away from impailing Lighteria in what is undoubtedly the worst place a male can be impaled. Instead of an early circumcision however, Lighteria swings from one of his blades to dodge the attack to the side. As he does, his free hand quickly grabs Kit's tail, much to her horror.

"Ultimate Kitten Flail Attack!!" He says, flinging Kit towards the birdman's face, his grip on her tail like a vice. The kitten rowrs out loudly, echoing down the mountain, her claws automatically unsheathing from the pain. Lighteria chuckles to himself as he watches the birdman flail, its head caught in a flurry of claws, hisses, fffts, and fur, Kit in a homicidal rage from her tail being yanked. After a few moments, the dust settles and Lighteria takes Kit by the belly, putting her back on his shoulder, leaving the bloody, shredded face of the birdman staring back at him for a moment before it sails to the ground below. The twinblade chuckles evilly and pets her.

"Good kitty." He says, snickering. Kit glares and wipes the blood off her paws on his face to annoy him.

"Meow MEW meow mew. (Don't you EVER do that again.)"

((OCC: Killed one bird man. 2 remain))

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Fri May 27, 2005 12:16 am

It was a lovely dream, but like all good things it had to end. It was unfortunate that the chosen time was immediately before Hijinx was granted the secret to making the worlds most incredible waffles, but she would figure it out eventually. A snooze bubble that had been hanging over her head popped loudly, echoing up the mountain's face quickly. Urbosh was perfectly pleased with this as well, and repeated the noise several times to put emphasis on the awakening of the rabbit. Feeling rejuvenated and completely bouncy, she bounded to the rock wall and looked up. Everyone had a signifigant lead on her, she would just have to improvise. A sharp whistle brought the blob to her quickly.

"Okay Urbosh! We're gonna play the bungy game now! Remember how it works?"

The blob hopped in a circle and bubbled at her. This game was one of the best, he usually got to be a parachute at the end, not to mention the shock factor. Hijinx held out a furry hand and waited for her pet to place a tendril on it, smiling as he did exactly as he was expected. Then she reeled an arm back like a pitcher, shifting all of her weight to one foot as Urbosh wrapped himself around her wrist. In a zipping blur, he ascended with Hijinx's pitch, thinning as he reached the limit and imbedding himself in a crack on the surface that a party member had left behind a large portion of the way up the steep rock. The rabbit only had to hold on. The creatures body snapped back into itself, yanking her into the air and hurling her high into the sky. As she zinged past the group she waved, cheering as she flew towards a bird man. The twinblade was quick to take advantage, shifting her weight around in the air so her feet would be first.

The blow struck the flying fiend in the face with enough speed that it couldn't react, flipping backwards and upwards in a daze as Hijinx went farther up and slowed to a stop and began to free fall. A quick tug had caused her pet to release it's grasp on the mountain, snapping into the winged monster's face as well. Another shift and the rabbit was doing an aerial flip, planting a heavy axe kick on her foe, dealing it another strike to the face, a fatal one that sent it rocketing past everyone and into the hard earth far below. Urbosh re-attached himself and bounced joyously as Hijinx swug a little from her makeshift bungy cord, smiling pleasantly at everyone.

"What a great nap! So what are doing here?" she chirped at them, clearly pleased with everything so far.

OOC: Left one alive! Have a blast with it! :D
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Zan
Exalted Player

Post by Zan » Fri May 27, 2005 12:44 am

Zan's offered assistance wasn't accepted by a single individual, the 'Freedom Fighters' starting to etch their longer stereotype in his personal record books. There was only so far the Heavy Blade was willing to go for complete strangers. An irrational wave of anger, no, rage swam up from his toes and rushed up to cook his brain in its humid chokehold. The lack of logic attached to such an onset of emotions was the only thing that had Zan containing himself. The more he hung around his forced-upon companions, the more he was beginning to learn about the Beast that dwelled in the oldest parts of his consciousness. If there was anything that fueled its power more, it was fury. Such fury came out with the simplest of provocations and without a notable foundation. Zan knew that he needed to make control more of a priority than he already had. Hell, the former college student had foolishly believed he had already held such control in the palm of his hand. The rude awakening to the true reality of the situation was almost as frustrating as the steady transformation of his body and personality itself.

The Beast was oddly persistent this particular day and Zan could only associate it with the sudden increase in recent violence he had been experiencing. If there was anything the other half of him enjoyed more than rage it was most definitely bloodshed. Even before Zan had been infected with the Twilight Virus he had morbidly enjoyed tearing data asunder more than was natural. Perhaps that was why the virus found such an easy shape to take. What could be simpler than giving a degraded, destruction-driven husk a more bestial mindset? Though his Beast pleaded with him to allow it complete control, Zan reinforced whatever truce the two parts of his whole had made. Though full control had been given subconsciously from time to time, the Heavy Blade found himself riding the strong emotions instead of being consumed in a single, merciless gulp. Climbing the mountain, Zan had found the animal buried in his head had offered him another little perk for its accepted existence. Where most would have been winded at this point, Zan found the physical expenditure invigorating him and only making the effort that much easier.

The little sidestep into thoughtland had distracted Zan enough that even his instinct had failed to notice the pair of Rock Spiders flinging towards him from either side. Living terra collided with his temples and sent a shower of white spots dancing before his vision as he slowly began to lean back. Time slowed down to a languid drag, the world around Zan seeming to gleam with crystalline perfection. It was if he had all the time in the world to absorb what was happening, but not enough energy to react to it. He could see the Rock Spiders attached to the wall he had once occupied, having left his skull to dance with painful pulsations. He felt himself to lay into the air around him, wind wrapping him up in a comforting blanket. The urge to cradle his hands behind his head and enjoy the scenery as he dropped was almost too tempting to bear, but somehow the Heavy Blade was managing. Zan's eyes fluttered shut as the damage of the attack took its final toll.

When his eyes opened not a second later, they held the dull gleam of wolven gold in their depths. All signs of intelligence left him as the Beast clawed to the surface and left Zan to a restless sleep. It wasn't long before his biceps swelled and his upper body smoothed over with toned definitions. His already inhuman hands grew even more animalistic, the skin of his arm growing a leathery tan and the already thick hair grew that much more course. Claws thinned out and dropped their thickness, becoming almost nonexistent when turned at just the right angle. Such claws made a wordless promise that even steel would prove little worry as he completed the mid-air, half-done backflip and forced his hands against the granite wall. Such force was pressed behind the movement that the Beast found itself dug in up to its elbows. The moment his arms popped from their sockets from the sudden stop they seemed to pop right back into place. Adrenaline seemed to replace blood as its flaring nostrils searched the air for the impending threat it knew was all too close.

As the Beast resumed its climb, its arms moved with a cautious, steady pace that would have had it crouched had it been set safely on the ground that was most likely several miles below. Battle raged a few yards above him and the distal warning of Nighthand's words felt as if they had been spoken right in the Beast's ears. It felt them before it saw them, its heart coming to a steady calm as it felt the kill so close it could practically taste it. Each beast seemed to choose its targets with a hastened ease. Only one had made the mistake of bungee-diving itself towards the thing that was as animalistic as the Birdman. Cold eyes stared up at the descending creature and in a movement fast enough to rival a blink, the Beast had the Birdman pinned to the wall with a muscled hand around its neck. The momentum had acted terribly against the Birdman that ragged gasps told the Beast that the attack had left the creature with a crushed trachea. Crimson rivulets caressed the Beast's hand as frantic claws dug into the clutching hand enough to reveal the dull white of bone underneath. The pain was getting to be more of a nuisance than the would-be-Zan was willing to handle and the time to end the Birdman had arrived. Its hand moved to cling to the crook of the monster's neck as the Beast's mouth widened enough to reveal a duel pair of fangs; one coming almost vampirically from the top, the other jutting out from the bottom row of otherwise normal looking teeth. All four teeth sank through the flesh of the creature's throat like a hot knife through butter, blood flying in jets to the back of his throat (the more the Beast waded at the surface, the more it began to attach itself to Zan, moving away from the 'it' he had previously felt). The blood was like fuel to the fire already burning in his belly, driving his jaws further and further together until his teeth met through so much meat. A quick jerk back and globs of dark blood and heavier things flung outward and towards the ground below. Though the gaping hole in the now-gurgling Birdman was tempting, he could already feel Zan starting to awaken in the depths of his mind. The Beast was high up enough that the thudding crack of the Birdman's broken body as it hit the ground never reached his ears.

As Zan blinked back into consciousness, the additional changes his Beast had wrought over him began to fade until he was left with only the dimmed version of the claws as he had originally started with. Everything came to him at a languid pace, his mind allowing him time to adjust to it. Blood coated his mouth with a thick, metallic tang. Crimson had stained itself around his mouth and down the front of his shirt, but it wasn't until a thick, unrecognizable glob fell from his cheek to the earth below did the horror run in front of his eyes. Zan was far, far too stunned to throw up, but his stomach curled in upon itself in an incredibly painful cramp. His breath was coming and going shallow and oddly husky. What disgusted him more than what he had just done is how damn much he had enjoyed it. Even now with humanity filling his eyes and fighting back the gold until his irises were burning amber once more, he felt the pleasure of the kill. He wasn't sure whether to crawl in upon himself or laugh with a giddy edge that would have him doing so for hours. With so much confliction, Zan could only freeze in place, eyes staring blankly upward, past his companions and onto the ether.
Lv. 50 Heavy Blade
Wishlist