Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nall

The Aftermath

Post by Nall » Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:08 pm

(OOC: sorry I kinda cut you in the middle of somthing Argilus :P it was just major long)

Nall stares at Balmung who was helping out with the clean up and chaos control. Nall actually thought of him as a role model, however their personalities clashed. Nall then looked up at Nevaeh, he didn't think much of him stealing his hiding place but he ignored him. Nall got up and began walking towards where the monsters were defeated and where the girl had been. He saw the random players that helped out in the fight, for a bunch of newbies, they did pretty good. Nall had so many questions in his mind that he couldn't think properly. He was most curious about the girl who apparently had a link with the Yoroi General. What was her motive? And how was it possible to break so many rules? Even if she is an amazing hacker, what she did was incredable. Nall wanted to know more, and he wanted to know now. Suddenly, after that battle, his outlook on the world changed. His main mission now wasn't to collect rare items but to solve this mystery. He glanced over at Balmung again. Now he was chatting with another Admin, Kamui, leader of the Knights of War. The Knights of War are like a modern version of the Crimson knights, though much more strict. Since hacking has become such a big thing recently they have cracked down on it. Nall knew that this would hurt all the players. They prosecute those with simple color changes to their outfits without hesitation.
'Man... Nevaeh is going to have it tough, and so are the others with modifications... Balmung might just ignore you but if Kamui ever caught Nevaeh, he'd be totally gone from The WORLD... I hope he has enough sense to stay low profile.'
Nall also had to be careful, though you can't tell unless you check him, he can analyze the field and find different weaknessess and hp levels. However the hacked monster seemed to have a resistance to his own hack. Nall pondered for a moment. He wanted to solve the mystery, but he couldn't do it on his own. And with the tight security and forced secrecy, it would be hard to form some sort of a party. Nall looked around at the fighters that participated, and the ones that just seemed interested.
'Hmm... I could probably get Gingitsune to come with me. And maybe Nevaeh. Perhaps the mouthy one, Raye, too. There must be some others too that would want to join, even if they wern't part of the fight, if they were just curious...'
Nall decides to go around to the different players, and ask them if they would like to join a party to figure out the mystery that is going on... Even though he does have a feeling that he's getting in over his head, he still can't give up his desire to figure out the mystery.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:12 pm

Nighthand happened to be standing nearby, as two players got together to talk about what had happened here.

he listened quietly until they were done talking, moving closer, hoping to get with them for some exploration...

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:54 pm

Kayin stepped back to the wall of a building, and began to contemplate the meaning of these events. He place the tip of his sword on the ground and slowly spins it. He look at everyone that was involved curiously, and listens closely to them, but says nothing himself.
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

HaiiroKitsune

Post by HaiiroKitsune » Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:06 pm

A couple of yellow data rings formed near the Chaos Gate as I once again appeared in Mac Anu, the place was still, well, just like it was before I left, which was about 1 minute ago, enemies turned out too weak (By that I mean the level area, not that I'm some kind of invincible fox...)....

With nothing to do, and not wanting to explore a field nor log out, I decided to get myself familiar with the town...

That girl hacker still in my mind...

(OOC: Is it me, or do I use the "..." too much?)

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:07 pm

Gingitsune nodded quickly.
This was, after all, something important... where was the fun if she wasn't a part of this?
Besides, she was also curious about the events that had occurred, and grimaced when she thought of the girl- what kind of motive could that psycho have, amazing hacker or not, people didn't just go around trying to kill newbies, it wasn't... fair, she supposed.
Though she wasn't very social, she had a certain code of honour for herself, and beating up poor defenseless newbies was something that she just couldn't stand... well, unless they ticked her off enough.
"I'll join the group, Nall. I want to find out as much as I can about this..." She glanced up at Balmung with narrowed eyes, hacking was something that had to be subtle, she knew this, Balmung had a nose for alterations, but Gingitsune had a definate talent of secrecy, and she had dodged him so far...
"Though I can't say as much for the others, those people hardly wanted to group up to save their own little lives..."

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:16 pm

Kayin raises an eyebrow at the comment Gingitsune made. Seemingly bewildered slightly at it. "What is this unwillingness to party up you speak of? " Kayin props himself into a standing position to look at Gingitsune more directly, with occational glances at the other players.
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:24 pm

OOC: About your comment from the last thread, Nall, just because something is a bad idea, doesn't mean I won't do it. Where's the fun in roleplaying if you only do what you know will turn out for the best? =P

So much happening all at once, and only on his first day online! He logs out to check the boards, and sees numerous messages that have all been deleted, presumably about the attack.His player chuckles, logging out for a moment to check the boards to see how many threads have been deleted. Returning to The World, he peers over the edge of the rooftops, spotting the closter of administration.

"That could be a problem," he mutters, "I can't get to the Chaos Gate without being spotted." He hops off the rooftops, landing out of view from the Knights, and stretches. Casually looking around, he spots Gingitsune, and sends a Flash Mail to her.

Flash Mail to Gingitsune:
Interesting weather we've been having, no? I bet you're just as curious as to what happened as I am. If you know anyone that's going to be trying to figure out what the deal with the hacker chick is, could you let me know? I'm going to be staying in the alley behind to Magic Shop for now, so that the Knights of Ni don't spot me. Talk to you later.

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:33 pm

"Oh then?" Gingitsune said, turning to face Kayin, "Then you are willing to join our group? But there are so many others who aren't... who prefer to go off on their own quests than to get tangled up in a big one like this: I don't blame them, really, I only know what I want to do"
She smiled, "Of course, we'd be happy to have you, we really need as much help as we can get, if that hacker... girl sets another one of her monsters on us, with only a small group, it really wouldn't be pretty!"
Gingitsune just hoped that more people would follow the example.

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:41 pm

Kayin smirks ever so slightly, and plainly says "Safety in numbers, right? It sounds like fun" He glances toward the group of Knights of War and quickly flips his sword over his head and fastens it at his back. He then says quietly, "But, where to begin?"

HaiiroKitsune

Post by HaiiroKitsune » Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:48 pm

Words travel fast, (hey, they do!) and it's better if you have good hearing... A couple of persons, mostly newbies had overheard a person talk about trying to decipher this girl-hacker thingy.

"Well, sounds like a plan" I said, I had overheard from those newbies where this persons where, so I walked down there... I was approaching a group made by a couple of persons, what they were discussing about, beats me...

As I approached them, "Hey, heard you were looking for all the possible help to find about the hacker... I'm Haiiro Kitsune, or Kitsune for short if you would like. Think I could join up?" I asked...

(OOC: Lol, I do really use the "..." a lot... <-See!)
Last edited by HaiiroKitsune on Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:43 am

"Hey you...Gingitsune, was it? i've been thinking about this battle, and i want to know more about it." Nighthand lookes at his feet, as if unsure how to continue.
"Do you think i could join with you, for now, anyway?"
he hefts his blade, weighing it in one hand, despite it's weight.
"I'm not completly useless..."

(OOC: i think i use ... more than most as well!"

Xane

Post by Xane » Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:36 am

(OOC: Grr, once again, I go to work, and this is what happens. Oh well. +3 lvls? @.@ wow, wasn't expecting that..)

Letting out a sigh of exhaustion as the monsters are defeated and the girl disappears, he falls to one knee, slipping his daggers back in their sheaths. Standing back up, he walks over to the wall where the small group of players are standing and talking about grouping. "Hey there, I hear you're thinking of grouping up to go investigate this little matter? Mind if I tag along with you? After that battle, I don't think I can be satisfied with simple field-hopping and dungeon exploring. By the way, I don't believe I've introduced myself.." Bowing extravagantly, he grins. "I am Xane."

(OOC: OK, I'm gonna have to change his personality, cause I am so not roleplaying it correctly, and it's too late to try and do it now. -.- Don't know what happened.)

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:32 am

Kayin quietly dismisses himself, and wanders over to glance at the shop inventories. He stops at each one and only seem interested in the item shop, but shakes his head. With a soft sigh he returns to the forming party, where he leans against the nearest wall, closing his eyes, he quietly listens...

(ooc: I'm sure everyone has that problem of logging on to a large number of new posts, I think from when I went to bed to getting home from work there was 30-40 new posts in the various topics. Live with it. :P )

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:42 am

Kurai looked around, watching everyone in Mac Anu run around. Knowing something bad happened, but not exactly what, he was very watchful on everything around him. He made his way to the Save point, and seved his progress. He leveled down in that dungeon, and it was a smart idea so if he died, he wouldn't have to do it all over again.

Kurai walked away from the Save point, and noticed a large group of people were gathered on the bridge. Most of them were talking to an attractive Wavemaster, wearing a purplish dress. He looked closer, as he though he saw a shimmer in the crowd... Is that a tail? Kurai scratched the top of his head, curoisly peering at the glimmer in the crowd. Yeah! It is! He grinned, thinking on how cool if he could modify his character.... Nevermind, Kurai thought, Too many people do it already, and id rather not get in any trouble with the admins...

He watched, as the Wavemaster was crowded with people. Hmm.... Kurai thought, She must've done something important... He started towards her, but then realized that she was already swarmed with people, and it would be easier to talk to her a little later. Kurai walked across the bridge, past the group of people, and decided he would do a little shopping...
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

shane

Post by shane » Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:03 am

On the other side of the bridge was Evolutia who was watching everything.

Evolutia waved a sign of relief that the battle was over and now could walk around town freely. He, too had seen the cute wavemaster but was a little shy around girls even in virtual reality. So he decided to try to warp to a field to gain some exp, he knew that he was falling behind the others in terms of stats and items.

" I have to get stronger.I want to be like them. " he said to himself.
At the CHAOS GATE, he decided to key in 'BURSTING PASSED OVER AQUA FIELD'.
"mmm.., it seems to be a level 1 area, prefect for a beginner like me I guess."he thought to himself.

Without a second thought, he stepped through the CHAOS GATE and onto the field. He opened his eyes to see a hush field of grass and a magnificent blue sky. However, there was no time simply enjoy the sights,
a Goblin was charging towards him.

"what the hack is that?" he wondered.
With great speed, the Goblin attacked the lone wavemaster, just missing his arm by a few centimetres.
"Shoot, that must be an enemy, I shouldn't have come alone.'he said as he dodge the blade of the Goblin.
Evolutia decided to damage the Goblin with his wand.

MISS.........01......MISS..........MISS

'Shoot, I can't win this way." he said he tried to damage the Goblin.
Then, he remembered that was a wavemaster who was only supposed to cast magic rather than fight with weapons.

Then he cast Gan Don, an earth spell on the lone Goblin.
The Goblin fell to the ground with a screech of pain and disappeared into thin air. However before he could even a take a moment to rest, another attacked him. Luckly, he just had enough SP to cast another Gan Don which immediately finished off the second Goblin.

This time, a blue treasure chest appeared on the spot where the Goblin's body lay. He decided to open the chest thinking that he had earned an item. Alas. the chest was filled with poison gas which poisoned the wavemaster.

'Darn, I've been poisoned and I forgot to buy any antidotes. I better gate out."

Within a second, he was back at MAC ANU with the status effect removed. He waved a sign of relief and decided to rest by the river and just look at the people walking by for a while.

"Maybe I should form a party......" he thought.

p.s beaten two Goblins, no items found, poisoned by a risky treasure chest.[/b][color=darkblue][/color]