Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:03 am

Nighthand waits a moment after Nall starts off, letting him lead the way. he and ramza walk side by side off to the left of Nall, following him to the north

HaiiroKitsune

Post by HaiiroKitsune » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:12 am

"Ok, I'll act as a decoy, and in the case of the Wavemasters they should just stay back and cast spells like there's no tomorrow, if an enemy starts to approach them, we'll just have to distract them". whoever said nothing came from videogames, well, is crazy!

"But anyway, lets keep going" I said as we kept walking, the dungeon still not visible...

(OOC: By that I mean, most of the english I know, came from videogames, school only does little to add to it, hehe... But what do you expect from playing them since I was 2, yes, 2, and I'm 15 now, so... Ok, I'm rambling here...)

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:19 am

Nighthand notes what haiiro said, and decided to speak once again.

"I would be willing to be a decoy as well, if i am needed." he says to nall.
"Again, with the same condition that i am kept up in health, that is."

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:22 am

"I suppose the monsters we'll be fighting will hit us pretty hard, right? So I guess, that considered, although in a fight our own level having someone distract them might be a good idea. Here however wouldn't a distracter just get killed, like, wham! or something?"

'Mina shakes her head to toss her hair out of her eyes. "Maybe those of us that are fighters should just mass attack or something? Keep the caster types back more so they can heal us?"

Wipes her face with the bandana again. "Not that I don't think your idea has merit in it's place, Nighthand. Just trying other suggestions."

Xane

Post by Xane » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:23 am

Grinning at Armina's eagerness to begin, Xane pumps his fist into the air. "Finally, we begin!" Walking with the others, he begins to hum a cheerful tune, eager to get to the dungeon.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:27 am

"Yes, Armina. i wasn't saying mine was the only way, just one of the possible ways. if you have anything to add, please speak up." Nighthand says over his shoulder.

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:33 am

(ooc/ I'm sorry if I mess up, misspell, or miscredit someone for an idea or action in advance. *sheepish grin* sometimes it's a little difficult to keep all the posts separate when I go to make my reply.
suggestion: for those who have a different registered name than their character name, is there a way for moderators/admins to let them change them if they want? This might make it a little easier for us to call people by their character names -like Myk's character Xyrjo or Shane's character Evolutia or Azrim-Dall's Nighthand. Just an idea.)
Last edited by Armina on Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:35 am

(OOC: yea. i've tried a couple of times to change it, and it would be a good idea to let thos who want to be able to. )

Nall

Post by Nall » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:40 am

(OOC: I don't know if it's possible or not, I'll ask Gingi)

'Well I like both plans. For a large group of monsters it would probably be best to all focus on one monster at a time. And in any strategy we should always protect the wavemasters. They are our main healing source if we're injured. I guess I am too but don't worry about me.'
Nall and the others continued to walk north avoiding the ruptures in the area. Nall was anxious to find out how the hacker girl was going to greet them. He was pretty sure that they would all be perfectly fine getting through the dungeon, however Nall was always arrogent and thought he could do anything. The dungeon still wasn't in view. Someone spoke up and said.
'Where is the dungeon? Are you sure there is one? How come you know where it is and we don't!?'
Nall didn't even bother to look back at whoever made the comment.
'Don't worry, it's close. Not too far now.'
No one knew what Nall was talking about but he seemed confident about himself. He thought he saw what he was looking for, but it only happend for a second and he wasn't sure if it was even right.

(OOC: I hate to leave in the middle of a good story ^^; go ahead and keep talking about a strategy or whatever if you want. We'll be entering the dungeon tommorow! You probably don't want to miss it! [btw if your bored you could tell everyone what items you have while making up strategies but anyways I'm rambling ^^)

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:03 am

Armina tries to brush sand dust off of her clothes. "I hope you're right, Nall. Just walking on this field just builds up my nerves for what might be ahead!"

(ooc/ I'll be stoping in to check on the story occasionally, but I probably won't post again til tomorrow 5 or 6ish EST. g'night all!)

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:15 am

OOC: Bwee! I missed so much while I was out @.x Since I'm probably not going to be online when we enter the dungeon, I'm going to post what I'll do now. Nevaeh meets up with you guys at the entrance of the dungeon, and follows you after that.

Without warning, a flurry of rings block the passage of the dungeon, startling many of the group, who more than likely draw weapons. As the rings fade from view, a man in blue robes stands there, blocking the path. A pair of wings sprout from his shoulder blades, one angelic in appearance, the other demonic. The red grid around him seems a clear sign of viral infection, to those that don't know better. His arms are cross across his chest, his fists in front of his shoulders with a dagger clenched in each. His eyes are cast to the ground, though he looks up after the party catches their bearings.

"If you wish to pass by me, you must answer these questions three, 'ere the other side you seek." He laughs, and sheathes his blades. "I hope I didn't worry you when I didn't show up, Nall. And I must say, getting in here was a pain in the arse, I started trying to hack through right after you left, and I only just got through." He wipes his brow, "I think I messed up, too, my stats seem lower than they should be. Eh, no matter. I hope you don't mind if I tag along." With that, he flashes a smirk, and heads towards the back of the group, guarding the rear of the party should anything happen.

OOC: Like I said, this doesn't happen until you guys reach the dungeon, alright? Thanks a lot for understanding @.x

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:36 am

(ooc: GACK! *keels over* Catching up for sixteen hours, 13-14 hours at 1 a.m. sucks big time!)

Kayin remains within the group listening to everyone, but making few comments himself. He grasps his sword so to be ready, but lets it hang in his hand the tip hover barely over the ground, as he occationally glances around at the scenery. Kayin moves closer to Nall, to walk beside him since he seems to have a good idea of whats coming up next.

(ooc: Eek, I can't get on till around this time tomarrow, If anythingreally gets going on, Can I get Nall to act for my character, Kayin's profile should contain all the info you would need, otherwise I would be bactracking, like I am tonight....... Oh and Kayin will pretty much do anything he is asked to do, as long as it isn't really stupid.. like "open that dangerous chest" you get the idea.. I hope... Please Nall, keep Kayin in the story a little :) )
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:41 pm

Asgard looked over the desert landscape again. He would have loved to take on the field portals by himself, but they were at the seventh level, whereas the Heavy Blade was only at one. He sighed a long sigh. He silently plodded along as he followed the group to the near dungeon.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:14 pm

Gingitsune was relieved that everyone was thinking of strategy this time, she wasn't much of a strategist herself, more of an attack, think later kind of person... but that last battle had absolutely altered her ideas on fighting.
She was glad to have boots on too, since the sand positively radiated up heat like an oven, and she wasn't one for complaining... but this field was boiling.
Even the landscape was beginning to get hazy with all of the heat, and she sighed, walking along with Nall, scanning with her sharp eyes for the dungeon.
"As for strategy, I think the first thing we should consider is giving everyone specific roles, just like on a... sports team."
Ging had never actually ever been on a sports team, but it seemed like to thing to do.
"If we have a designated healer, defensive player, attacker, etcetera, then we'll have an easier time battling it, someone defends the healer, who heals the attackers and offensive players, so that they don't die, I think it'll probably give us somewhat of an advantage. I'll volunteer for attack- because that's what I do best, and because I'm level 12... and because I'm not that strong defensively... The rest of you know your powers, so think of what you'd be good at, I mean, we need someone to be each role, and all of them are equally helpful, so don't think that being defense is so bad, and attacking is the greatest. If we all attack, and disregard injury, then we'll all just die here in this damn oven!"
Gingitsune hated the extreme heat, and it was pretty much pissing her off to the point where she would have kissed the dungeon floor if she had come to it, just to get out of the sun!
How was everyone else looking so comfortable?
She saw a little sympathy with Armina, but Nall didn't even seem to feel the heat...
Fire, fire, everywhere and not a moment to think...

(ooc: wow, I was on at 7 last night, and there was one page, and now... too many ^^;;)

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:37 pm

"I'll take the role as defense. Thankfully, I just bought two Knight Blood, so I should be able to stand up to some attacks brought my way. But I will definately need La Repth or normal Repth constantly." He walks up to Gingitsune, " Do not worry. No harm shall be done as long as we work together." He tried to crack a smile, but it didn't come out too well.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)