Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:18 pm

(ooc/Asgard, you probably missed it in a Nall post way earlier but there are no field portals here.
Hijinx, I'm sorry I missed you again! But you are doing really cool little scenes!)

"Perhaps Us long arms should be second line of fighting? Our spears do have longer reach than the 'blade classes. At least, logically we would have longer reach. I'm not sure how the game works that in."

Armina nudges Kurai playfully. "Guess you & I are about it for LongArms for now. Unless that disappearing/reappearing Long Arm returns to stay." Batting her eyes in an exagerated way, she laughs happily --trying to show more confidence than she feels.

What am I doing here? All I really wanted to do in The World was to have an escape... just somewhere the real world could fade away. But now... now this seems so much more frightening & dangerous than those real things I'm avoiding!

A heavy sigh moves her entire little body. "At least this adventure looks to prove at having a deeper impact!"

If virtual characters can blush, Armina is scarlet upon hearing her voice aloud.

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:30 pm

ramza, after finally getting a good rest, feels his youthful exuberance return. he is thankful that he chose to wear this hat, sitting down and fanning himself as he blows quickly melting ice into the wind for further relief.

hm..i guess since we are taking a break, this would be a good time to practice my fighting.

"nighthand, want to teach me a few pointers about fighting eh? i mean, we aren't really doing anything."

as he says this, he gives a wink, and a sheepish grin

he then points his staff at nighthand, and says
"i challenge u to a duel!"
Last edited by ramza on Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:39 pm

Seeing Ramza's challenge Armina pales slightly. "Don't you wanna be fully prepped for the dungeon ahead?"

She crinkles her nose in confussion. " 'sides, what if it takes too long & you get left behind while the rest of us keep walking? That would stink!"

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:57 pm

"I accept your challenge!" Nighthand said with a grin.

he drew his sword, and ramza held up his staff.

"Okay. the first thing you should know is defense, since you shouldn't have to do too much physical attacking. try to dodge my attacks."

he ran at ramza, his sword upraised. his first slash was a quick downward chop, which ramza easily jumped out of the way of. his follow-up, however, sprawled him on the ground.

"You did good on the first, but try to always be ready to dodge anything that happens after. now try again."

again nighthand slashed downward, and again ramza dodged. nighthand made his sideways slash again, expecting a repeat performance, but his sword struck something solid. he looked, and saw that ramza had used his wand to block.
"Good! now counterattack!"

ramza nodded, and blew a small whirlwind of cool water around nighthand, in the simulation of an area spell. some of the mist hit other characters, and they laughed.

(OOC: armina, we were pulled over to a shady spot for a rest. check the last post on the previous page.)
Last edited by Nighthand on Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:08 pm

ramza gave a quick sheepish smile to the others and said sorry quickly, but as he said this, he was hit on the head and sprawled out upon the ground.

nighthand offered ramza a hand, lookin down at him, and chuckled softly.
"you have to always be ready for an attack. never let your guard down, and never get distracted."

ramza got back up, adjusted his hat, and they both got back into position.

"okay now, ill attack a few times and you should defend and counter. got that?"

ramza nodded, and got ready. nighthand jumped up in the air, wheeled his sword around and came down upon ramza. ramza lept aside quickly, but had little time before nighthand lunged at ramza with his sword. ramza lept over him and sprayed him with some ice.
nighthand toppled over, and sat up with a grin on his face.

"is that good?" ramza asked

nighthand stood up, and smiled at ramza "perfect"

they kept on going for a while, resting as they got struck or tired. ramza was improving, and so was nighthand. their little duel was seen as entertainment to the others, who were sitting, talking, and looking on aas the duelers went from side to side.
Last edited by ramza on Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:12 pm

(ooc/ you're right. 'my bad.)

Just then 'Mina realizes that most of the rest have stopped to rest in the shade. I guess it really is a good idea... I'm just so nervous I kept right on walking!

Armina wipes her brow with the bandana once again. "Goodness! This is really impressive! I sweet her & everything! Not only that, but it's so hot the sweet doesn't even keep the cloth wet!" Shakes her head in disbelief. I wonder if that's an inclination to how much taking a blow will hurt?

A chill sends shivers down Armina's spine at the thought. I hope not...

Nall

Post by Nall » Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:49 pm

Nall watched the two players fight. The mist of water was quite refreshing. Though Nall's preference was heat, he enjoyed a cool splash. Nall was watching Gingitsune carefully. He didn't notice it until she started draging him over to the shade but she seemed to be looking at somthing in the distance. Nall didn't know if she was just dilusional or what, but he couldn't tell if there was anything there or not. He decided to let it pass for a while. He wanted to continue, though he saw everyone was tired out. Even though his preference was heat, not everyone else enjoyed the high temperatures.
'Nice Ramza! Your doing great!'
Nall thought encouragement helped people to do better so he tried to complement people as often as possible. Nall wasn't sure if he should let everyone rest up a bit more or if they should get going. He also wasn't sure if it was right to keep everyone in such a happy mood. True, if they are happy they might be less scared, but they were still in an infected area. In this area the rules are no longer that of The WORLD but that of the hacker. Nall didn't want to dampen anyones spirits though. Either way Nall wouldn't let any of them die. That reminded him of the conversation earlier about people taking positions. He didn't reply right away since he was busy looking into the distance.
'Oh, by the way guys, I'll be a kinda of all around player. I'm a strong attacker but I also have good healing magic. I can't cast attack spells though.'
Everyone seemed to nod in agreement. Everyone was enjoying the two players fight. Nall caught another glimpse of what he thought he was looking for. He saw Gingitsune notice it too.
'She shouldn't be able to see that...'
He said to himself but then shrugged it off. It wasn't really the time to get into a big discussion about it. Nall decided everyone had enough fun for now. It was time to get going again.
'All right guys! We really should head out... I think we've had enough time to rest.'
Some of the players looked somewhat disapointed but some got up with enthusiasm.
'All right! It's time to go get that hacker girl!'
Kurai said as he threw up his spear and caught it, then put it on his shoulder. Then Kurai added.
'Are we close? I still can't see the dungeon.'
Nall was brushing the sand of his pants and helping some players up.
'Don't worry, we're closer then you think!'
With that Nall walked 100 meters and dug his sword into the sand. He pryed it upwards revealing what seemed to be somthing like a trap door! Nall opened it all the way and waited for the other players to come.
'See, told you it was close!'
All the players were quite suprised about the trap door. Usually dungeons have big entrences you can see from far away, not hidden trap doors under the sand. The players also wondered how he knew where it was but Nall just winked as he motioned everyone inside. The first thing everyone noticed was that the heat stopped comming from above. Now the heat came from below! Pools of lava surrounded the areas which were safe to get through the dungeon. It was almost hotter in the dungeon then it was outside.
'Sorry guys! I guess your gonna have to bear the heat for this dungeon! And it's probably gonna get hotter as we get down lower too.'
All the players made a digusted face. Gingitsune was especially pissed about the heat. Nall was enjoying the heat though, it was his favourite feild type. He couldn't wait to start fighting some monsters and others like Kurai seemed to have the same expression on their face. Some though seemed a little iffy about the dungeon ahead of them. They knew it would be tough but they held strong.
'Well guys, the sooner we get to the bottom, the sooner we can leave this place! In the next room there is a magic portal, be ready! Once we defeat those monsters we have to turn left...'
Once again the players were confused about how he knew this but they dismissed it since he seemed so sure of himself and hasn't lead them wrong yet.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:58 pm

Nighthand and Ramza made a final few passes and followed nall down into the dungeon.

Nighthand, though he kind of liked the heat of the outside, was hard pressed to ignore the high temperatures coming from the lava inside of the dungeon.
and it's only going to get hotter? this is starting to get pretty bad. he thought to himself.

the rest of the group was soon through and into the room, regrouping and preparing for the monsters that Nall somehow knew were through in the next room.

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:21 am

ramzafelt the heat come with a rush, and he nearly fell over. he looked into the darkness and felt the immense heat.

"okay, well, we can't turn back now, nowhere to go but forward."

OOC:i must checkout for a while, nighthand will cover me for a bit
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:23 am

OOC: I'm with the group now, just so you know *points to his post a page or two back*

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:31 am

"Yikes! & I thought it was hot outside! I thought caves where supposed to be cool... oh yeah, the lava. Does that mean as we go further down it will get hotter, like going to the core of the earth or something?"

Words continue tumbling from Aramina's mouth with each breath. A casual observer might take this brave front for face value, but her knuckles steadily become white with her death grip on her Iron Spear.

Swiping ther hair from her eyes, Armina realizes that Gingetsune & Haiiro are almost melting from the heat. Gosh! & I thought I was roasting! They seem to be faring much worse than the rest of us. I hope they'll be okay...

"Sometimes The World is a little too realistic, isn't it?"

Armina sizes up the strange looking plater who joined the group as they entered the dungeon. "Nevaeh, right? I remember Nall saying something about how getting onto this field would have been easier with you. I guess your appearance is your own doing?"

(ooc/ see? I remembered you neveah! .... even if I had to edit to get my reaction in appropiriately! LOL)
Last edited by Armina on Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:01 am

Asgard descended into the dungeon with the others. He looked back to see nothing but the desert sand that plagued the others so much. He didn't bother of it so much. A few days ago he got a tan.

Yet, the Heavy Blade saw that Gingitsune was incredibly mad. She was cursing under her teeth on the blasted heat and the like. He decided that he should stay close to the female wavemaster, just in case she felt flustered. That, and he volunteered to be bodyguard.

Somehow, this was bringing back memories of his previous bouts on the world. Yet, those didn't need resurrection. He plodded along with the rest of the group.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:22 am

Gingitsune laughed bitterly at all of the lovely heat.
Oh great, perfect... she thought to herself, oh well, look on the bright side Ging, the faster we defeat the monsters, the faster we get out of this blasted heat.
Gingitsune felt a new surge of energy from the thought and lifted her head up, smiling at the people around her who seemed slightly worried about her.
She took the shawl off, and stuck it back into her obi, glad that she had chosen the short dress, and her boots.
Some of the players seemed worried as they entered the dungeon, sure it wasn't inviting... and the stench was unbearable, like rotting rot, the whole place seemed to be decomposing before her eyes, and she brushed her eyes quickly with her glove.
"Mirages." Gingitsune suddenly said out loud, seeing a few heads turn back and look at her as if she was insane...
Just about - not quite though.
"I understand... This place... It must have mirages, that's why things seem so strange, it's the heat, or the hacker... I don't know which, but it's all very dangerous, I don't know if any of you have been noticing it?"
Nall looked at her quickly, and she knew that he understood what she was talking about.
"Look out for things that don't seem real, they either are- or aren't and the hard part is guessing which... This Hacker was pretty clever using a place like this, she's messing with our minds."
Gingitsune suddenly felt better, thirsty, but better.

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:27 am

Nevaeh blargs, that's the only way to put it. Heavy robes, plus his breastplate, not to mention the weight of those wings of his, is bogging him down. "Anybody got some Pure Waters or something?" he pants. Things are especially bad for him, considering that his normal field is covered in snow, so he's adjusted to conserve body heat @.x

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:37 am

Armina nearly jumps ou tof her skin at Gingitsune's words. Mirages? "Mirages?" She almosts whispers. "She can do that?"

Oh no! i'm already becoming too involved in this game....I can't tell what's real & what's the game! Think, girl! Think!

"But we're really in a game, right? So everything is already kinda like a virtual mirage-thing to the real us, isn't it? So how will we ever be able to tell which are the game's construct's & which are those that aren't real even for the game?"

Eyes wide, Armina sways a little where she is. "Woah. Just trying to think about it makes my head spin!" Her giggle is a tad shriller than before, but still she smiles bravely. It's pretty obvious now that she's afraid, & that she's going to go on despite that fear.

Breathing deeply to steady herself & her nerves, she turns to Neveah. "Pure Water? Doesn't that raise wter element?" Her brow furrows in confussion. "But wouldn't that raise your water element? I would think that would make the heat here feel worse, wouldn't it, logically I mean? Cuz then you'd be more water & the heat would affect stronger water more, right? Or do I not quite get the element thing yet?"
Last edited by Armina on Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.