Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:04 pm

Kayin follows Nall without any hesitation, He glances at all the other players as he catches up to Nall. "I should probably be a meat shield as it was put." Though Kayin didn't like the terminology, he agreed that some people need to be up front to take some of the early damage in battles.
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:08 pm

"You shouldn't take point by yourself Asgard. I can't sit back and let you go ahead alone; my honor code would never allow it." Walking up and falling into step beside Asgard,she smiles and declares "Besides, I can't let you have all the fun now,can I?". Hopping from foot to foot and singing christmas carols. About halfway into "winter wonderland" she notices the strange looks from the party and decides to whistle instead.

OOC: Tell me if i make any mistakes.I'm still pretty new.Thanks for tolerating me :)
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:12 pm

Kurai sat down on the hot ground, cross legged. His white clothing still perfect, as if he never fought anyone. He closed his eyes, and sat upright, resting his spear upon his lap. "Whenever you guys are ready," Kurai spoke softly, "Ill be here, resting." Kurai felt his health start to regnerate. He then sighed, hearing a ringing noise from outside The World.

"oh, great. Hold on you guys, ill be away from the computer for a minute or two. Someone is calling me." Kurai's character froze, sitting in place, as still as a statue.

A few minutes went by, and he came to. Kurai shook his head. "Darned telemarketers. Has Anyone EVER bought doubled paned glass,over the phone?" Kurai chuckled softly. "Im just glad i have a REAL job."
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:28 pm

Asgard took to the side slightly, as Hijinx started to walk as fast as he, near the front of the party. As soon as Hijinx smiled and began to whistle, Asgard smiled as well. Except for the fact that a light sound was reverberating within his helmet.

"One second. I'll catch up."

Asgard walked over to the wall and froze in motion. A blue figure appeared when he closed his eyes. He was the figure of a Heavy Axeman, with a full set of red and gold, regal armor. He held his large axe with one hand.

"What do you want, Loki?" Asgard spoke in his helmet.

The figure did not move. He only spoke in a low, demanding voice. " Is that any way to treat an old friend?"

"As far as I'm concerned, our friendship broke once I deleted Aegis." Pause. "I reinterate, what do you want?!?!?!"

"I just wanted to tell you that you had best leave that area now, before the admins find out about the gate hack into that world. They close areas for a reason. Or...are you trying to do the work that you never could do..."

"I am only along because I wish to be along with them. They need all the help they can get. Also, if you know I am here, then I guess the hack is now acknowledged by the admins."

"I just wanted to give you fair warning. Keep this around just in case you need my help."

A member address flew across his eyes and was automatically added. Before Asgard could comment, Loki disappeared.

He snapped back into consciousness. He looked down the hall to where the troupe had headed and noted that they were almost out of sight. He raced back to the others with utmost haste and took his position at the front.

"What was that?" Hijinx asked.

Asgard didn't respond, trying to drawback a clenched fist.

((OOC: More on Asgard's backstory right here :P))
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:06 pm

Walking beside asgard,hijinx began to think of a funny trick to play on kurai. Giggling under her breath,she reaches into a pocket and produces a goblin mask Kurai,who was busy talking to gingitsune didn't notice hijinx put the mask on and turn around, walking backwards fairly quickly. "Hey look Kurai, i have a surprise for you" she said bearly controlling herself. Turning around all Kurai saw was the mask, and shreiked in fear.Bursting out in histerical laughter, hijinx ran like hell trying to keep distance between her and the furious Kurai still wearing the mask. "You ass, get back here so i can tear you apart!" shrilled the angry fighter as he chased hijinx around the room with his weapon raised high above her head. The rest of the party had collapsed with laughter, enjoying the show, much to the masquerader's delight.
Last edited by Hijinx on Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:58 pm

Gingitsune blinked as so many people offered to go first... She really hadn't thought they would, but hey...
If it was just a game, then sure, no problem- but who knew what would happen in the real world?
The game had it's effects, and these hacked monsters were a lot different from the normal ones found throughout the game.
Gingitsune leaned against a hot wall and pulled off her gloves, deciding to wait until everyone was ready.
"Double-paned glass? Hehe, I don't even see why they try! It'd have to be like 1 person in a million to actually buy something like that..."
She giggled, and took off her boots, if the next room was any hotter she'd have to kill herself off and be done with it!
Gingitsune saw that everyone looked worn out, and she began to hum to herself.

"in the land of twilight, under the moon
we dance for the idiots
ring-around-the-roses, jump to the moon
we sing with the castanets

I will sing for crescent moon
dancing with the castanets
as the end will come so soon
in the land of twilight

now you are watchin' us outside the circle
wanna be in the company
boy, but you are lonely
dance with nobody
run away child, to your hiding place

high and loud, the sound of your bell of the twilight...ringing..
all alone, it rings and echoes in the twilight

in the land of twilight, under the moon
we dance for the idiots
ring-around-the-roses, jump to the moon
we sing with the castanets"
Last edited by Gingitsune on Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:09 pm

"I dunno, you have to feel sorry for telemarketers sometimes. They have one of the most boring jobs in the world," Nevaeh idly said. "I know somebody who is one. He's happy when people abuse him or make jokes over the phone, because it makes an otherwise dull job that much more interesting."

The angel, too, begins to sing softly to himself, although his choice in music is a tad more... well, what do you think?

Can you see me, do you know my position
how quick is your eye?
I have no home, no reason to roam yet
I travel the length of the sky
I stretch my fingers jagged icy white
'till my energy's all around
My clutch is swift, my force is fearful
I convey it without a sound
I live to free the skies from everyone
watch me run

OOC: I'm expecting to get a few odd looks from everyone IC for singing this, here's a full lyrics if you need to know why =D

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:40 pm

Laughing at Hijinx's, well, hijinx Armina is acidently knocked by Kurai as he tries to snag her.

hm... there sure are alot of people singing & whistling. I guess everyone's a little anxious cuz of the weirdness a hacker presents.

"So, we having a singing contest?" She gives Neveah an odd sidelong glance. That's a strange song... "I can only think of one song I feel like singing:

Wishing on a Dream that seams far off,
Hoping it will come today.
Into the Starlit night, foolish dreamers turn their gaze,
Waiting on a shooting star!
But, What if that Star is not to come?
Will their dreams fade to nothing?
When the horizon darkens most,
We all need to believe there is Hope!
Is an Angel closely watching over me?
Can there be a guiding light I've yet to see?
I know my heart should guide me but,
There's a hole within my soul.
What will fill this emptiness inside of me?
Am I to be satisfied without knowing?
I wish, then, for a chance to see.
Now all I need -desperately- is my star to come."

(ooc/ *laughs* Nall should like that-- Luna's Boat Song, English lyrics from the PS re-vamp of Lunar:SSS. One of my favorites... non Final Fantasy that is!)

Raye
Elevated Player

Post by Raye » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:56 pm

...Raye stuck her nose up in the air, "This is stupid." She blurted out.
"You're sending a pack of newbies into a wierd area with a wierd situation. It's slaughtering them, not a very good idea. And, what happens if all of the sudden one of those unknown new monster thingies pops up?"
"Unkown monsters...?" One of the more timid players asked.
"I hear things," Raye snuffed, "Things that administrators talk about. A long time ago I had a friend, he was an administrator in The WORLD. I remember him and his friends always complaining about these hybrid glitch monsters popping up in dungeons. Like that one..." She points towards a wierd little creature at the door.
"It's tiny and black with big yellow eyes. See it?" She questioned.
Raye fidgeted with her little bag. Nobody cares about me. she thought, Whenever I try to help, people just ignore me. I guess it's always that way and will always stay that way. They see me as some icompetant know-it-all. Well, screw them. Half the time I'm right and they're wrong. And what do I get? Nothing. Not even a freaking apology. This really ticks me off. She wiped a tear away from her eye. The truth was, Raye did know a lot about monsters and the land. After all, the only reason she was a level one was because she never fought. She wasn't a newbie, just an explorer.
If freedom is being alone, I fear liberation.

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:57 pm

((OOC: Hijinx, i am male, just to tell ya. Mayeb ir ead it wrong, or something, but i just wanted to tell that. And also, ill post when i get home. I still got an hour or two till then, though. Just add me in on whatever. Im down with anything.))
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Nall

Post by Nall » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:15 pm

Nall looked around at everyone. Most of them were worn out. They wanted to get going though. It was very hot and the heat was getting worse.
'Guys, I'm sorry if my skills arn't perfect. I guess me getting it wrong has made you given up on me. But look at it this way, what do you do when your not with me? Even with a fairy's orb you still need to guess whats comming up next. And as for who is going first, that will be me. I'm the strongest to it makes sense no?'
The other players seemed to nod in agreement. He saw that everyone was bored. Some were singing, some were just sitting around. He heard Nevaeh but had no clue what he was singing. Nall waited around a bit more. He wanted everyone to fully recover. He was pretty sure there were no portals down here but he had already been tricked once. He was about to say somthing when a farmiliar song hit his ears. It was his second favourite song. He closed his eyes and just stood there and listened to it. When it was over he went over to Armina.
'Wow, that was really nice! I'm suprised you know that song, it's reaaaaallly old!'
Nall walked around a bit, he noticed Raye ranting about somthing to do with monsters. He didn't think she had the same ability as him but she seemed to know somthing about the monsters. He didn't want to think about it too much though. He let everyone rest for a lttle while longer before they traveled any farther in the dungeon.

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:31 pm

"It doesn't matter if your skills are not top notch, Nall," Asgard started, "You are the strongest out of all of us, after all." Asgard stood with his arms crossed over his chest like a bouncer at a nightclub. His scabbard dangled from it's cross-chest strap. He looked at the door to the next room in earnest. He was starting to get a bit discomforted, but trying not to show it.

The Heavy Blade turned his attention to the singers of the group, trying to use their vocal chords to generate something to take people's minds off of the sweltering heat. He started to tap a finger in unison with one of the songs automatically. He started humming a tune he had just heard off of one of his downloaded music files. It was very fast and very furious; Perfect for this type of setting.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:46 pm

Giving a little sigh, Armina beams a smile at Nall. " You like it? It just ... fits me right now..." She laughs. "It just seemed like a lot of people had been singing but I didn't feel comfortable joining their songs, you know? I know it's old, but I feel sometimes I've never quite gotten over that feeling... the feeling Luna must have had on that boat. Like I'm still looking or something..."

Armina's eyes take on a really soft, sad look for a brief second. Then she was all smiles again. "Maybe till he leave I'll join Hijinx for a chorus of "Winter Wonderland".... we sure could use the feeling of coolness here!"

Laughing gayly, Armina went to wait near the door her light soprano adding to Hijinx's whisting. Realizing there was someone adding to her silly Christmas carols, Hijinx gave up the whistling & returned to singing. It was a hodge-podge of musical numbers going about the group, but it seemed to keep everyone's spirits raised in the face of unknown adversary.

Nall blinked wondering if he had really seen that sad look in Armina's eyes, then shook it off as he put it out of his mind. There were much more important things to deal with. Like their next move.

(ooc/ if I add you in my posts, I will really try to keep it in-storyline & in-character as much as I can. Please say so if it doesn't fit!.... although I thin kI will be printing out character profiles so I can keep track more easily!)

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:00 pm

Enjoying her little sing-a-long,she decides that she won't lose any contest. Wracking her mind to think of the perfect song to end this contest, she realizes exactly what song to sing. Much to the dismay of the whole party she begins the most annoying song known to man.

" Its a small world after all, its a small world after all, its a small world after all, its a small small world......."
"
Oh god no" the party screams in unison, covering their ears.Now singing at a much higher pitch then should be humanly possible, she dances among the party and pulls their hands away from their ears.

After a minute or so she was rendered unconious after a whack in the head from the flat of asgard's heavy blade.

OOC: Thanks for the info Kurai,i'll fix that asap.
Last edited by Hijinx on Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:02 pm

"..."

OOC: That's the only thing I can think of to say from that post =D