Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:16 am

As per his usual, Nevaeh stays out of the way. Well, almost. He takes to the air, and flies arounf the battlefield... landing on Royce's platform.

"Interesting weather we've been having, no?" he idly muses to his fellow hacker. The fallen angel doubts she'll reply as friendly as he's acting, but 'eh, it's not like there's anything better to do. "Aren't you going to reveal your ultimate plans to us, now that you've trapped us in a room with no exits with a gigantic ubermonster that can kill us nigh-instantly? The villains always do that."

OOC: Rar, I was feeling bored =D

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:15 pm

Nighthand stood back, watching as the snake moved around the room, attacking everyone. no one seemed to be able to hurt it in any way. none of the magics that hit it did more than a few points of damage, and ata that rate, t would take years to finish it.

and it would one take minutes to finish us.

he turned his eyes to the hacker, Royce, on a rock ledge. she seemes to be talking to Nevaeh, or at least, he was talking to her. the rocks were too smooth to climb, so he had no way of getting to her.

he just didn't know what to do.

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:04 pm

Gingitsune's strategy had always been to save up her power until the end, when the monster was weakened, and then to try to knock it out completely with one of her more powerful attack spells, and it had always worked before...
But this was completely different, and waiting just meant death, and nothing else.
She felt her speed increasing immensely, and she dodged the serpents tail with a swift move to the side, jumping up and over, and rolling down to avoid the lash.
She tried her strongest attack first, if anything, to atleast distract the creature from some of the people who were falling behind, and injured.
The closer she was to it, the better her chances were to hurt it, and point blank was what she was going for.
The creature kept shifting and turning towards the other players, lashing it's silly head from side to side.
Gingitsune ducked behind some attacking people and tried to get behind it, as it's head was turned to the other side and prepared to strike she yelled to it...
"HEY YOU DISGUSTING WORM! OVER HERE!"
Shinja turned towards her, and she prepared her attack quickly, her wand glowing...
She ran at the snake's face and chanted "GiRai ROM!"
The attack came out in a blinding flash, all of it directed at the creature's head, and the concentration was large.
The energy crackled, and the dim smoke took a few minutes to clear, and when it did everyone saw the effect...
The snake was twisting powerfully, it was perfectly alive, except...
It was blind, though if it was permanent or temporary, no one actually knew...
Gingitsune panted, that's definately what she had been going for, if this lasted for awhile, it could be to their advantage...

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:45 pm

Asgard finally seized the moment.

Right after the bright flash, he sheathed his sword and ran up to the back of the snake. He could see the serrated blades all around Shinja, and did his best to find an opening space for him to walk on. Asgard quickly ducked as the snake's guillotine tail flew by in an act of rage. He knew he couldn't jump high with all the equipment he wore, so he waited patiently and silently for his chance.

After a few seconds of raging back and forth, Asgard lept up and grabbed onto the back of the head of the Shinja. The snake could feel the new weight and tossed about, trying to take him down off his new high horse. Some of the players couldn't believe Asgard's plan of action. It was truly suicide. But he had no other alternative.

From out of nowhere, a spike near Asgard's midsection thrusted out from the snake's skin, grazing the Heavy Blade. He roared in pain, but held his grip. He needed this plan to work. It was a longshot, but in his mind, the only way that this snake was going down was through divine intervention or a hot bath. A REALLY hot bath.
Last edited by Asgard on Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:12 pm

Kayin was getting annoyed, he was trying to distract the creature so that others could plan, but all it seemed to do was get others to blindly attack it also, which was in the end causing Kayin to loose his concentration. Which quickly lead to him getting slapped backwards by the giant tail. Kayin tumbled acrossed the floor from the hit and lay motionless for about 15 seconds before slowly getting to his feet. As soon as he was standing he started casting a repth spell on himself, stumbling constantly till the spell took effect. He looked up, anger in his eyes towards the snake as Gingitsune approached it and casted her spell. Unfortunately Kayin was temporarily blinded from looking directly at the flash, and began to stumble around a bit more for a couple seconds.
With a high pitched voice he shouted, imitating an old movie he loved "Bright light! bright light!" (Gizmo from 'Gremlins' 8) ) and smiled light-heartedly for a second in a small attempt to change the dim atmosphere of the situation.
Kayin then took another wild chance, he rushed toward the tail, the thing that had nearly killed him before. As he closed in he shouted "Calamity" He made three powerful slashes directly at the monsters tail just above the guilotine part hoping to somewhat disable the Shinja from being able to use it as well. With the speed of Ap do, he lept back from the flailing monster to survey the situation once again.
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:26 pm

Kurai charged forward at the Shinja, but its constant lashed of its tail kept him from advancing. "Damn! i cant do anything! This snake is too fast!" Kurai juped upward, to attack the snake, but was once again deflected by a lash of its tail. He skidded to a halt, minus some of his HP.

Kurai backed up, and stood next to Gingitsune. "Things arent looking good.." He spoke, loudly over all the action. "The Shinja's blindedness is wearing off, and i cant get a single hit in anymore! If you dont mind, I think id do better playing the bodyguard for you, Wavemistress Gingitsune."
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:32 pm

Argilus looked down, through the cracked ground, at the group below him. "Worthless." He spoke to himself, "They are too slow. They will never win that battle the way that they are fighting." Argilus unsheathed his blades, and shook his head lightly. "Here goes."

Argilus jumped down through the hole, and into the firery pit below.
I'll be there by your side
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:08 pm

Yeah! We seem to be spacing our powerattacks... & for the most part we're giving it diverse targets.... She sighed heavily, then spying an opening lunged her spear at Shinja.

Oh no! No one's rezzed Ranza yet! Ranza "ghost" was just floating, not able to do anything. Rolling out of the way as Shinja moved she checked her inventory. Come On! Do I have a.... "Yes!" Armina pulled out her only resurrect & tumbled towards Ranza "Here Ranza! If you can't blast, we sure could use the extra healing!"

Luckily, the resurrect didn't take long to work. Soon the childish Ranza was back. "Thanks Armina."

"Anytime... but don't die again! It was my only one!" Armina smiled at him as she ran back into the fray. Asgard was ontop of the Shinja somehow, Kurai was standing before Gingitsune -presumably playing the body guard aww. How cute! - & it looked like Neveah was talking to the hacker. Or trying to at any rate. She looked more annoyed than responsive. Royce right? Didn't someone say she was an admin or something? Armina huffs as she dodges & thrusts her weapon at the foe. If she's an admin that would explain the "no admin at the dungeon entrance" thing that some folks where wondering about when we got here. But that doesn't explain why she would do this!

"Isn't an admin supposed to protect & uphold the rules?"

Her SP was almost recovered from before. "Repulse Cage!" Her flashing weapon seemed to hit a few more times this go. I sure hope it's taking some damage!

"Hey! Wouldn't the other admins find out she's the hacker & take away her admin privileges or whatever? How can they not know it's her when we've been able to find out?"

Her spear thrust out again as her mind kept spinning, trying to pull her thoughts together. Neveah's a hacker of sorts too... really wierd wings he's got... & those funky red symbols... I wonder if all hackers have some sort of trail like that?

"If someone's got any better ideas, I'd love to hear them!" Suddenly she felt better & saw Ranza grinning like a happy child. "Thanks Ranza!"

He laughs. "I had to wait for some of my SP to return before I could cast!"

Armina chuckles with him, almost failing to see the flailing of Shinja in time. These are really fun people, for the most part. I hope we can make it thru this!

Looking back up at Asgard climbing the beast, Armina dodges most of the blow as Shinja tries to hit many players at once. I hope he knows what he's doing up there.... & I hope he does it soon!

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:29 pm

Gingitsune smiled, and thanked Kurai.
"Thanks! I appreciate it, we really need to figure something out..."
It would give her some time to heal, and to think...
The blinding idea hadn't been bad, and maybe if it became permanent, it would really help them out, though snakes did sense most movement with their tongue, but did the game know that?
She somehow knew that they couldn't overpower it, or outrun it, in any case, they had to do something drastic!
Maybe Asgard was right, maybe if they could somehow get it into the lava, maybe that would kill it... it was strong, but definately not immortal.
But how would they get it down there?
Gingitsune started hitting her head with her wand, why can't I think of anything...?
Maybe... if they blinded it again, got someone to act as decoy, leading it to the edge, and then overbalanced it from behind... maybe then?
She saw that Asgard needed help, and quickly, and he had to get out of there before they all forced it over the edge...
"Alright everyone, we need to get Shinja-baka over the edge, and we need to do it soon! I need someone to play decoy, I need someone that's really very fast, and that won't take a dip in the lava! I need the creature lured over to the edge, I'll blind it, and then... then we'll have to be lucky, and quick, to force it over while we still have a chance..."
Gingitsune really didn't know anymore...
"Armina... I don't know about what the admins are thinking right now! Something seriously strange is going on, and what you're saying is true, they should have done something about this, I don't know... are they trying to cover for her? If it was one of us, we'd be long gone by now..."

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:40 pm

Get it over the ledge? Is that what Asgard's been planning?

Armina pales. "Oh! He was planning a kamakasi attemt!" Her voice little over a whisper as she barely breathes the words out. "That's why he said it would be a painful idea when he tossed Nall that Warrior Blood!"

"So we're going to herd it, like one big compiled flock of sheep?" This time her voice was louder, but hopefully not so loud that Royce could hear her. I don't know if she can control it's attack patterns or anything... but I certainly don't want to find out now!

Moving closer to Gingetsune, both to hear & to be heard... & also to join Kurai a little in keeping the Wavemaster in the clear. "If that's the case than ixnay my idea about spacing skills & Hijinx's about surrounding to do it. We should hit Shinja with all we've got from one side while it's looking at one person luring it where we want it to go!"

Glancing around the battlefield, Armina asks "But which way is that? We'll need to know!"

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Tue Apr 08, 2003 7:56 pm

ramza was thankful to be back. he ran next to gingitsune since they were both eavemasters, and could think of something with magic. he was wondering if there was anything around that he could use to power up his lightning attack....some kind of conductor. he looked at the spike at the end of the shinja's tail, wondering if that could help....

"gingitsune, do you think that if i cast rai don on the spike of the tail it would conduct through all the body? im sure it would have some special effect..." ramza went into thought, and figured maybe he could try to get close to the shinja's eyes for an attack straight on them or to the tail, to try the little experiment.

he decided to go quick for the eyes while the shinja was just getting back sight. ramza went as fast as could, lined himself right along the side of the giant snake, and used rai don as close as he could to his eyes.

the lightning struck straight at the snakes eyes and nearly burned them. it would definitely cause a blindness that would last a good time, as some players were able to see a bright film over the snakes eyes.

ramza then used repth on asgard, and shouted...."asgard, i have one more resurect if you go over the edge with it.", as he rode around the neck of the shinja. he then quickly ran back to armina kurai and gingitsune.
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:25 pm

Nighthand could see what the other's were trying, and it could work, in his opinion. he ran to the snake and started to batter it's side, making it turn in the direction that the rest wanted it to be. then he stepped back, fearing that the tail might hit him. every onve and a while, when his sp allowed it, he cast his only magic spell, the lvl:1 earth raise.

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:45 pm

Asgard held on tight to the Shinja. It was starting to look like that Asgard was in the finals of a monster rodeo. Except in this case, 8 seconds wouldn't do at all. He held on tight, the monster trying to skewer him with retracted spikes. Yet, Asgard was conscious of his attack and they spikes were not as fast as his movement. Asgard looked out from the corner of his eye to see the masses amassing. They too saw the plan in motion.

Asgard tried to use his weight to steer the snake from left to right. It worked, to an extent. He saw a very slight shift in movement. Also, for this plan to work, he needed the snake to lunge at them, not a stop-and-pop attack.

OOC: Be back tomorrow :X Don't advance the plot TOO much now :P
Last edited by Asgard on Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:49 pm

Nevaeh just kinda waits there for a responce from Royce, and OOCly puts a placeholder so that he doesn't have to look through the whole thread to find where the last post was.

Nall

Post by Nall » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:53 pm

Shinja was devastating everyone. Nall was too much in awe to do anything. When the monster came gis was he dodged it but couldn't bring himself to even bother attacking. It was useless. This monster was invincible. He saw Asgard on the monsters head trying to guide it in the lava. He knew that Royce wouldn't let that happen. She's to smart for that. If worse came to worse she could interveen herself and kill Asgard. But she didn't even look worried. In fact she chuckled at the attempts. And what was worse, if Asgard fell into the lava he would most likely become unconcious, or worse, in real life. It was stupid. Nall couldn't think of anything that could possibly stop this monster. They had to outsmart not only a raging beast but a cunning hacker as well. Nall looked at Gingitsune who was trying as hard as she could to find a way to beat it. Everyone else was doing the same dispite the great heat which was 3 times worse then the first floor. Why did Nall lead everyone into an obvious trap? Nall had something to prove but right now he was lost for ideas. How do you beat a monster as strong as that being controled by an intelligent hacker? Balmung wouldn't be able to beat this thing! But he would figure out a plan of how to beat it... It absorbs heat, so fire attacks and even the lava pools wouldn't damage it. In fact they probably replenished it's health... Nall was pissed. He decided to take the heat off everyone for a bit and attack the monster. He was able to barely dodge even with Ap Do and his time bandana. Damagin it however was a whole different story. It would take more power then all of their strongest attacks combined to even make a noticable scratch in its health.