Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nall

The terrifying Shinja!?! Forbidden Passed over Far Thunder 2

Post by Nall » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:03 am

Nall was somewhat cheered up by Gingitsune. He liked her encouragement. Nall tried to smile. It wasn't really himself that he was worried about. All the players that joined up with him were the ones he was afraid for. Nall felt sorry for Gingitsune. She was really hot. He looked over at Kitsune who was also feeling the heat. He wished there was some way to cool them down, but he couldn't think of any. He wanted to say somthing in return to Gingitsune but he was bad at talking to people about anything other then fighting or leading. Nall decided it would be best not to say anything but smile. he then turned to the rest of the group.
'All right everyone! That should be enough rest for now! Let get going!'
Nall began to walk through the door to the nest room. It was empty as he predicted. They continued a rather long walk through the 2nd floor and made it to the stairs. The heat on the 3rd floor was extrordenary. It was at least twice that of the 1st floor. They traversed the floor again with no enemies... Someone in the group spoke up.
'Hey, this is really nice and all but isn't it strange that there's NO monsters anymore? What happend to them?'
Nall was puzzled too. Why would there be no monsters down here? Even if the hacker got lazy the original monsters should still be here. The same thing was with the field. There should have been monsters there but there wasn't....
'I honestly don't know...'
Nall knew it had to be some sort of trap but he knew that there would be even before he got into the server. He knew all to well what was waiting for them at the bottom of the dungeon, though he had to keep it away from the group so they wouldn't panic or whatever. They entered the next door. There should have been stairs but there wern't.
'Hmm... Well this is odd... There should be a way down...'
Nall and the others walk to the middle of the room.
'Well.... This is interes--'
The ground begins to crack.
'yikes! Everyone out of this room!'
It was too late. The ground fell below them and every tumbled into the darkness. When they hit the ground they were in a VERY large room with no entrence or exit. everything was surrounded by lava and there was little lava pools all around the platform. Every once in a while the lava would errupt from the pools of lava. an instant death if you were near one. There were a couple of boulders around the area as well a huge stalactyts on the ceiling. Everyone slowly got up and looked around. The first thing someone said.
'This isn't good! I've had enough of this! This is crazy lets get out of here while we can!'
They try to use a sprite ocarina but it doesn't work.
'You wont be able to use that here! I've already placed a barrier!'
A voice shouted from accross the room. A girl was standing on something that appeard to be a platform on the wall. Almost in unison the party shouted 'the hacker girl!!!' Nall took a couple of steps forward.
'So what do you have planned for us.. Royce?'
The other players looked a little confused. Wasn't Royce an admin? Royce laughed.
'So you knew about me? I wonder why you came, you must have known I was waiting for you all...'
The players all turned their head to Nall. Why didn't he tell them about this?
'Sorry guys, I knew it was a trap since the beginning but I couldn't tell you! It would have worried you all...'
He go mixed responses. Some wanted to rip off his head. However now wasn't the time to ask questions and fight. They saw Royce raise her hands in the air.
'Heh heh heh... Well, you have all fallen into my trap, much thanks goes to Nall I guess who lead you here hahaha! But even though it would be fun to watch you all get upset at Nall I'd better show you what I've planned!'
Royce raises her hands in the air and magic portals began to appear throughout the room. there must have been 50 portals all around the room. The group gasped. it was increadable.
'Are you all scared? hahahaha!'
The portals all started to come together and merge as one. They formed one big portal. The portal activated and a gigantic snake like monster appeared.
'I call this monster the mighty Shinja! It's quite impressive no?'
With increadble speed and agility for it's amazing size, it slithered around the group almost taunting them. It's stats were off the record according to Nall. Stregth, defence, accuracy, even all it's magical stats were high! It had huge fangs and fire capabilities. it's whole body was covered in razor shape spike like knives. It's tail could cut you in half with a single swipe. I was almost like the perfect monster.
'Guys! Be careful and get ready! This monster is going to be much stronger then the Yoroi General!!!'
Nall just stared in disbleief. The monster was impressive. It was going to take everything they had to beat it. He started off the battle expending his SP to cast Ap Do on everyone so they could actually keep up! It was still going to be hard to dodge.

(OOC: *falls over and dies* That was LONG! And I rushed too lol)

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:12 am

Gingitsune grinned in spite of herself, Royce wasn't kidding when she said it was a challenge, and a damn good one at that.
Gingitsune shielded her eyes quickly from the steam of the lava, and set up a defensive stance.
This would take much more than strategy, or simple attacks, this would take everything they had.
It ought to be good!
"Don't worry Nall! It's not your fault, don't blame yourself. It was inevitable. And besides, everyone in this room, everyone that's standing around you came here because they wanted to, not because you led them, you're only responsible for yourself with these things, you know? Everyone made their own decision, and I know I'm definately not regretting it! No matter what happens!"
Gingi was glad she had had time to relax in the last room, and she was feeling a lot less hot than before, either from the sweat, or the fact that she was focusing everything into this battle.
"I'm going to stay alive, I'm going to! I'm not going to be beaten by this disgusting little worm! I don't want to be beaten by the likes of Royce, I'll stay alive, and I'll heal, and attack, and help!"
The grin was still on Gingitsune's face as the creature began to wind slowly around them, everyone had backed into a circle in the center, back to back to back.
Odysseus in the lair of Polyphemus...
This would take brains, because not one of them had the level necessary to even dent the monster.

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:14 am

(ooc I was trying to post this in the other one, but it got locked as I was typing :( )

Kayin Quietly leaned back against a wall, he was already fairly lighthearted by this time, and smiled at the singing people, though he himself wouldn't sing for anything. But he began to be concerned when he heard Nall being so hard on himself. He turned to Nall and said "You're doing good, far better as a leader than I could, don't be so hard on yourself. But you don't have to lead alone, besides some of us have to learn what to do, if for some reason you aren't here, right? So I at least will be near the lead, alright?"
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:23 am

Kayin shakes his head.
"I wasn't expecting and thing like this, oh well, this could all be fun"
Kayin smiled as the Ap do effects hit him, he started wating the giant snake closely as he lifts his sword to a ready position.
"Umm.... I am not sure how to fight something like this, anyone have any ideas?"
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

HaiiroKitsune

Post by HaiiroKitsune » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:34 am

"This isn't Nall's fault" I started, while the fall was long, well, try to be as agile as I was (:P)

"We all came here on our own decisions, and we already knew it was a big risk" I continued, using a paw/hand to wipe out some sweat from my forehead.

"And I don't regret coming here!" I yelled at the hacker, who apparently went by the name of Royce.

I cracked my knuckles and proceeded to unsheat my sword, while it was already in a bad shape, I had nothing else to use in favor. I readied myself as I stood in a defensive stance. Looking at the giant monster and a couple of players with their mouths hanging open in awe at the sight...

Just waiting...

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:36 am

Armina shakes to her boots at the sight of the giant creature. "I've said it before, I'm not great on strategies... but I know we have to keep the ones who can heal protected or we're all doomed!"

She looks around the group, especially at the "leaders"... hping for guidance. "If you guys can "see" into this things stats or whatnot, now would be a good time to tell us what type of magic it's weak against! Or at least which kind it might absorb so we don't use that on it! I've only got Wood, Earth & strait attack skills!"

While waiting for a reply she positioned herself into what she hoped was a good fighting stance. This is it, Mina! The time to prove your worth! Show them that you've learned something!

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:47 am

Smiling in spite of the immense heat, hijinx appeared unaffected by the the enormity of this situation. "This is no biggie, I have a great idea. Everybody spread out it can't hit us all at once." she casually replied.Leaning over and whisped to the others "try to lure it over the lava spouts.There's no way it could survive heat like that. Even if it fails to kill it, it'll soften the creatures hide and make it easy to kill." Then she mentioned something about striking while the iron was hot. Running to the far side, attempted to taunt the snake into a beastial rage. She didn't have many good insults,as she was busy thinking "How are we going to kill the hacker damnit."
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:48 am

:shock: ramza was dazed at the sight of the giant anaconda like monster, that just kept hissing at them, and slithering around the group in circles, round and round.

for the first time, ramza was scared - really scared. he had a terrible feeling in his stomach and felt like he could explode. it was truly a terrible sight. he hid behind nighthand and held his staff in a defense position.

what good would it do, he thought. but he knew there was no turning back now, and he knew even if there was he couldnt, and wouldnt. he was starting to think its just a game....the pain in the other batles were flukes......they had to be right?

either way, he now mustered up courage and stood side by side with nighthand, who tried to comfort ramza.

"dont worry, stay with me, well be fine." he said this with such confidence ramza felt better, though nighthand was having doubts.

ramza and nighthand were formulating some idea though.
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:31 am

"All right! Now for a challenge!"

Asgard could feel the two bloods boiling and surging within. Along with an Ap Do, he felt like a blur of power. But, this Shinja wasn't an easy pushover. He was also moving like he didn't exist, slithering and sliding back and forth, making surgical strikes on the party members. Yet, the monster's body reminded him of a monster he had seen far back. Back when he was powerful. That thing probably didn't have eyes behind its head. Then again, the hacker could probably be it's eyes. But even if those spikes hurt, he had to try.

He waited for the snake to appear in front of him and cast down its fangs upon his body. Yet, the serpent was going after the higher leveled players, most likely trying to take them out so that the newbies would be easy pickings. Asgard ran at the serpent and tried to grab on to the spike-ridden back of the beast. Yet, the serpent instinctively used the flat of its tail to knock him aside. He flew through the air and over the edge of the lava stage. He knew it couldn't end like this.

He wouldn't let it.

Asgard stuck his blade into the side of the stage, the lava bubbles popping beneath. He held on to the hilt of his blade, praying to the good gods above that his iron grip would not falter.

"Uh guys??? A little help?"

OOC: Ooh! Lookit my new avatar! (Asgard from Wild Arms 3)
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

HaiiroKitsune

Post by HaiiroKitsune » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:40 am

Seeing how Asgard was sent flying away, "Oh for the love of God. I better not die doing this" I said as I forgot about the snake and ran towards the wall Asgard was hanging, with the speed of the Ap Do from Nall, not only could I move faster, but my reflexes got better.

I jumped towards the wall, an grabbed Asgard, in the same motion I used my feet to jump away from the wall, which was very hot by the way...
I landed back in the platform.

"There you go" I said to Asgard, I stared back at the snake, "Well, let's make some snake hide boots!" I said as the snake took a lunge, I was able to evade most of it, but the hit wasn't direct at least...

"Well, what did we learned, to only say arrpgant quips qhen you know you can win. And to not do drugs*" I said with a wry smile as I used a Health Drink to recover my strenght, stupid snake was too powerful...

(*: Look! Now you can learn in MB based RPGs! er....)
Last edited by HaiiroKitsune on Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:52 am

Asgard thanked HaiiroKitsune before he got grazed by the beast. The Heavy Blade brought his sword back and dodged the snake just in time. He used one of his health drinks and regained all of the hp he had lost with that one attack. It was THAT much.

Just then, he had an idea. Asgard yelled over to Nall.

"Hey Nall! Use this!" He took his last Warrior Blood from his inventory and threw it in Nall's direction, offering it as a gift. "Distract him. I have a painful idea!" With that, he fell to the floor, feigning his death. He hoped that the Shinja didn't take notice.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:21 am

ramza and nighthand moved in to attack from both sides. ramza used rai don, but was astonished by the effect - no effect.

"what the.....not even one hp taken off....im strictly a healer now...."

nighthand had no better luck, he attacked from the side of the shinja, and tried calamity, landing one hit, before being pushed away quickly and thrown aside, with great damage. the shinja continued persuit of the higher levellled fighters, meaning gingitsune and nall. ramza was still trying to help in some way. he casted la repth, right before the shinja came above him, making ramza feel like a ant looking at a tree.

the giant snake quickly attacked by siezing hiim with his tail nd throwing him against the wall. nighthand got up again afer recovering, and went to the aid of nall as ramza sat up... and struggled out some words.

"try....cough...to attack...the......cough cough.....the hac....." his last words trailed off and he fell off to become a ghost
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:43 am

Kayin groans to himself as he looks around seeing everyone having trouble even starting to weaken the Shinja.
"I must be suicidal!" he said as he moved in front of the giant snake.
"Gan Zot" he shouted, several large rocks raising from the ground to hit the monster in the face, doing little damage if it did any at all. But that wasn't the point, the point was to get its attention, and to keep it. Kayin moves forward and attacks with a feinting slash, so he can be ready for the creatures attack, which quickly came. Kayin lunged to the side while swing his sword again just in case he wasn't quick enough, the sword hitting one of the snakes fangs as he just barely gets away. but undaunted Kayin gets up and continues pretending to attack the snake to keep its attention.
He shouts to the others. "I doubt I can do this long, make a plan, find a way to hurt it, something! The sooner the better!"

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:15 am

Kurai narrowed his eyes, holding the tip of his spear out in the direction of the Shinja. He rushed forward, his feet barely touching the ground from the effect of Ap Do. He stopped beside Nall, still looking forward at the Shinja. a small gust of heated wind caught up to them, as Kurai spoke:

"Nall, you probably had reasons on why not to tell us it was Royce. But leading us into a battle like this is unacceptable in my book." Kurai closed his eyes slowly, and turned his head toward Nall. " I like to be given the chance to live, in The World. Make sure we all get that chance."

Kurai ducked down, crouching at the ground. He sprang up, toward the Shinja, speeding along the burning ground, yelling a battle cry as he swung his spear above his head.

"HAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIII!" Kurai yelled, as he thrusted his spear in the Shinja's large face. It reared back, and twisted under him. It flipped its head up, sending Kurai skyrocketing upward. It infilced some damage, but luckily, he wasnt headed toward the lava. Instead, it was the hard ground, speeding closer towards him at every second. "Repth!" Kurai screamed, and he felt the healing powers as he hit the ground. His HP went down even farther, but he was just saved, thanks to his last second healing. He grinned, as he realized he had enough SP to do one more magic skill. "Repth! Again!" He yelled, as he felt his health regain. He then charged at the Shinja, on the attack once again.

Miss
Miss
Miss
Miss

"Well, at least im doing damage!" Kurai jested, as he jumped back from the large Shinja monster. "Im just lucky I have this Ap Do working for me!"
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:50 am

Grasping the shaft of her spear Armina gritted her teeth & took the plunge into battle. "Repulse Cage!" She spun her spear around attempting to pierce the beast's hide. Although she felt the jar of having hit something, all the numbers flashed by too quickly for her to tell who was hitting & who was missing. Her own numbers (or misses) where jumbled in that mess too.

She saw Ranza go down out of the corner of her eye. Was he saying something? I couldn't tell. her lance sped towards the snake, piercing only air. Rolling to a different vantageshe tried again, & struck... something. Part of the snake's tail, but again she couldn't tell if her attack had any affect. "Someone get a resurrect on Ramza!"

Wait a sec... do I have a resurrect? She couldn't take the time to look however as she tried to dodge the snake as it moved where? she didn't know, but she recieved a glancing blow that winded her. As she got back on her feet she noticed a health bar nearby was getting frightfully low... "Repth!"

She could tell her SP would need a little refreshing to keep a steady flow of skills going against the monster. "puff. puff. I think Hijinx has a good idea! Maybe we could add to that & space our skills! That way there is always a stronger attack attempt at all times!"

Placing a few more attempted blows, careful to avoid hitting her teammates (just incase she could accidentally hurt them) Armina let loose a cry & lunged toward the snake. This time she thought she could actually feel the tip of her spear penetrate the flesh of the beast before she was flung back. Laughing despite her winding Armina stood up for another go. "Ha! If this was real it would be quite a workout!"

Well, I heard a Gan Zot being tried... how about a "Juk Rum!"

Wood thickets sprouted around Shinja, the giant snake. Armina tried to smile at Kurai, Kayin, & Kitsune who in the fray of it where in the thick of it nearest her as she ran back up. "Well, I hope we're doing something! If nothing else, maybe we're distracting it long enough to see what Asgard's got up his sleeve!"
Last edited by Armina on Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.