Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:27 am

Kayin backed up far away, shock completely apparent. A sense of hopelessne washed over him as he backed up to where Kurai and Gingitsune are standing, he looked like he wanted to say something, but it seemed he couldn't. Kayin just stood there, almost as if paralyzed.
"........."
His sword almost slipped from his hands, he snapped out of his daze to catch it before it hit the ground.
"Just curiously... is escaping a viable option do you think. I'm guessing it would be wise to check all our options at this point. I mean we aren't exactly getting anywhere with the snake, and I doubt we could get anywhere with the hacker, I hate to say it, but retreating might be our best option... What does everyone think?"
Kayin raises his sword and waits to see what the rest of the party is thinking, but not about to leave by himself if there is still any ideas of a way to succeed.
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:56 am

OOC: Nall, Nevvy is still trying to talk to Royce, even if she's on an ego trop, it'd be nice if she responded to him. And to everyone else, use common sense! He already said he didn't know how to hack the creatures in this dungeon, what makes you think he could do anything to the area's boss? Or to another player, one who's better at hacking than he is? Sheesh...

Nevaeh waited patiently for Royce's ego trip to end. "That was an utter non-climax," he says. "Sure, it got the job done, but where's the fun in killing him in one hit? Villains aren't supposed to have common sense, it's like some unwritten rule."

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:29 am

Kurai's face was devoid of emotion, his 'poker face' ready, to not give anything away. "I will not leave your side, Wavemistress." Kurai spoke, calmly and softly. He let the tip of his spear hover a millimeter above the ground, ready for any oncoming attack. Even if he died, if he kept Royce from getting to Gingitsune and she could get off a spell, he would have done ten times his worth.

Royce laughed, a gleam in her eye. The Shinja coiled around behind her, and it raised its head, ready to strike one of the group's warriors.
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:48 am

Argilus flew forward, running so fast it was as if he wasnt touching the ground at all. He was ready - his twin blades in his hands. He dashed towards the Large snake, and caught its attention. It lunged forward, its head striking where Argilus was a millisecond before he sidestepped. Argilus jumped upwards, and onto the snake's head. It flicked its head backward, trying to get Argilus off, but to no avail, as Argilus held on fast, his blades dug into the inside of the Shinja's mouth.

Gingitsune, Kurai, Armina, Hijinx, and the others didnt know really what to do. They hadn't responded to Kayin, as the same with Royce to Nevaeh. Then, a voice called out from them "Repth!" it yelled, as it replenished Argilus' hit points. The lava bath the snake took was burning his skin, lowering his lifepoints. The snake flipped its head back again, trying to shake the little thing stuck on it. It was then, that Argilus saw his opening.

The snake reared its head back once again, and it opened its mouth. Argilus flipped inside, as the mouth shut closed on him.
I'll be there by your side
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:00 am

"Argilus...." Kurai spoke, very shocked at what just happened. It seemed that Argilus was swallowed by the Shinja, but his ghost never came. "What..." Kurai started to ask, but then a groan from the snake answered his question.

Argilus is alive, inside the Shinja? Kurai was bewildered. He blinked, shaking off the daze. "Repth!" He shouted, targetting Argilus, hoping the spell would work...

Then, he saw the Snake's hit points drop. Not alot, but more damage than what we already had done. It seemed Argilus was doing some damage, and even more by the second. Royce noticed this, and she faced the snake. "Oh, no you dont!" she yelled, as the snake faded into a half-transparency. Argilus fell, and hit the ground, in mid-slash, which now just hit the air. Royce's snake faded back into existence, and It gnashed its jaws angrily, seeing its attacker. Argilus got to his feet, and jumped back, out of the way of both Royce, and the Shinja.
Last edited by Kurai on Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Nall

Post by Nall » Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:33 am

(OOC: the snake is RECOVERED by the lava if you still havent got the point....)

<Royce>

'Hahahaha! Going inside my lovely Shinja's mouth is suicide! In a couple of seconds the fire that burns within him will consume that idiotic warrior! hahahaha!'
Royce was going to talk to Neavaeh but decided she'd talk to him later. It seemed to annoy him that she wasn't responding.

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:00 pm

As Royce spoke of Argilus' misadventures in the innards of the snake. She went back to the task at hand. Yet, there was an element missing. Royce saw that the Heavy Blade trying to control the Shinja was gone.

Asgard used the Shinja's last stop and pop bite attack as a springboard. He launched himself towards the ceiling of the room and cut at one of the many large stalactities in the room. It started to crack on one side.

"Quick! Lure him under it!"

Asgard caught the ledge to where the whole party was before they fell. He grabbed onto the ledge with one hand and dangled there, totally at the mercy of Royce.

OOC: I'm back ^^ Work was a biotch yesterday :P And Nall, don't forget that I tossed you a Warrior Blood back before I got on the snake's hide.
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:55 pm

Gingitsune's face was a mask of complete horror for about a split second, but she quickly composed herself, it wasn't worth showing her emotions to Royce like that, Royce was nothing.
She smiled at Kurai, as he stood, as angry as she was, facing Royce, and she saw that the same resolute expression was on his face.
"Royce. You egocentric, pompous hacker. You're going nowhere fast, even if you are super powerful here, what do you think you are in the real world, where it really matters? I bet you're no one, I bet you need this, to get over how horrible your life is, and it must be if your personality is the same over there. Isn't that sad and pathetic? Someone who bullies lower level players because they know they can't do anything in real life, when you log out, you're nothing Royce. And if we don't get you here, we'll get our revenge elsewhere, and we will be just as cold as you are you fool."
Gingitsune wasn't afraid of her, if anything that attitude was ticking her off, sure she was incredibly powerful, but anyone as pompous as that, powerful or weak, was like an insect in Gingitsune's eyes, something to be squashed in order to shut it up. Gingitsune's mouth formed into a twisted little smile, that progressed into a laugh, she stood tall, or atleast, as tall as she could, and looked down at Royce over the top of her nose, slanting her eyes.
Maybe Gingitsune wasn't as powerful, but she wasn't stupid either, Royce was human, and it didn't take force to defeat humans...
They had to be weakened, and that was one of the easiest things in the world, because human weaknesses aren't only in the flesh, but in the mind.
Gingitsune started laughing, a slow, mocking sort-of laugh...
If they could defend themselves against her, it might work.
Taunting got people into a horrible temper, but when people are extremely angry, they're really not thinking, and they tend to miss important elements of the fight.
Gingitsune's fox tail swished slowly, back and forth, as she thought...
She saw some of the other players struggling with Shinja...
"Oh Royce, why would we even want to try and fight a coward like you? Why, it would be against my entire moral code to even think of such a thing! No, no! And do you have to alter your weapons to even be powerful? Some of us do it the old-fashioned way, you know, the way you've failed at time and time again? And pretending to be an admin! Really! You're taking your act too seriously, you always have to hide behind some position don't you? To look down on people? Insecure..."
As her mind worked, she thought of Nall, what did Royce mean? What could have happened to him... in the real world?

(ooc: what time does everyone get on?? I was on until 8:30 last night,and no one was posting, and now this :D)

HaiiroKitsune

Post by HaiiroKitsune » Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:53 pm

Stupid Shinja, while it's own scales made a powerful armor, deflecting much, if not all of the damage it received. But waiting there wouldn't do nothing at all...

I started to slash at the beast, altough my sword was deflected in it's scales, I was just trying to get it's attention towards me. When I succeded I started to ran towards a wall, or a lava pit for that matter, I was aware that the lava healed it but...

Even with my own speed, aided by the Ap Do, Shinja was just right behind me, when I reached the end, I jumped at the wall as high as I could and made a wall-jump, the snake collided into the wall trying to get me and I landed on it's back, even though the skin there was still rough, it was certainly softer, so I...

"Cross Slash" I yelled above the snake, which was still in the wall, I slashed it's head, doin way too little damage, but at least some, the snake finally got away from the wall and I trusted my sword as far as the already worn out sheet allowed me.

Shinja tried to shake me off, to which I responded by digging the nails of my feet into what for me, looked and felt as the softer part of it's head,
the snake screached in pain from my sword inside it. I lasted about 10 seconds, before I started to lose my balance and got dizzy from the constant and fast movement of the snake, and took my sword, I did the same for me feet nails and jumped away, landing as swiflty as I jumped away.

The snake screached again, recovering from the wound I infilcted, and I stood there... Watching...

(OOC: I log on whenever I have free time and as long as I am on the computer, but lately I've been downloading a couple of PSX ISOs, so I really wear out my connection :P)

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:54 pm

“Aarrghh!” Groaned in such frustration. He was angered that he couldn’t focus on the surrounds near by. He looked over to Kurai and then to Gingitsune, who both were still greatly occupied. Argilus figured he had must have been one experience point away from a higher level, seeming he had been in quiet a few battles on the field before plummeting here. His face was set in such anger, he’d come all this way, for him to die.
“No, this won’t happen. Not to me, not to anyone!” Argilus yelled, bolting after the snake like-creature once more.

Kurai, who was a bit stunned by Argilus’ caring words, gave a bit of a hopeful smile and ran towards the snake as well. “Come on Argilus, let see what a group of real valiant warriors are all about!” Sadly enough, as soon as Kurai was only a few steps behind Argilus, the snake had swiped the floor with its’ head and caught Argilus in its’ wake. Kurai had to jump back to dodge the snake’s offensive maneuver. Flying through the air, Argilus’ eyes were clenched shut as his hit points were shot down less than ten.

Kurai jumped back to the offensive and jabbed his spear into the creatures side, it made contact and then the snake drew its’ attention to Kurai.

Royce only now was holding her sides as her insane laugher echoled throughout the lava pooled room. Clenching with only his left hand, Argilus was left hanging on the side of the large burning piece of a floor that floated amongst the lava. He could feel the intense heat consuming him, as his grip began to slowly fade away.

"Just....needed 1 hitpoint...." Argilus thought, oddly as it was, in his current situation.
I'll be there by your side
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:59 pm

Holding her spear out to asgard and pulling him up she joined gitgitsine in taunting royce. "I think you're right gingitsune, she's probably a real loser. I'll bet you anything that she's a sad, fat angry, little girl trying to make up for her own lack of real power. In fact, i'm willing to bet " As she said that she cast her gan zot spell, raising a rock barrier in front of asgard , making the shinja smash it's own head instead of dealing the death blow.

OOC: I'm back guys. Thanks for covering. Shouldn't we end this soon? I mean, we already wrote 250 post. :?
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:23 pm

Kurai stepped back, once again from the Shinja. "damnit, theres no getting close to this thing! His SP was only at 8, so he couldnt even heal anyone if needed. He glanced, from Royce, to the Shinja, and then charged forward. "HAAAAAIIII!" Kurai brought his spear onto the snake, but it deflected his attack with its razor-like tail. He skidded to the ground, facing the snake. Royce watched with amusement, as her pet was just toying with the lot of them. Kurai checked his sp once again. 9. He charged forward again, his spear at his side. The Shinja struck, and Kurai used his spear to launch himself in the air. He spun the spear around in his hands, and brought the tip down on the top of the Shinja's head. It struck, but did as much as an ant can to an elephant. The Shinja flung Kurai back towards the others, and he tried to skid to a halt, but fell backwards, sliding close to the side. He scrambled to his feet, his spear pointed back at the Shinja. Just then, he heard a noise from behind him. He looked, as a small chunk of ground floated above the lava, a single hand poked over the top. 10 SP. Kurai stepped back, and then launched himself to the small chunk, landing in the center. He held his spear over his head, and used up what he had just gained... "Repth!" He yelled, watched a white ball of light float from in front of him, into the person hanging over the ledge.

((OOC: The person was Argilus, just to tell you. And i get on mostly from 4:30-12:00p.m. P.S.T. Any other time, is just plain luck.))
Last edited by Kurai on Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:27 pm

Nighthand couldn't move. his body seemed paralyzed, the shock and fear inspired by just one attack of the hacker keeping him from doing anything useful. his atacks didn't hurt the snake, and he had no way to get to the hacker.

he had really no idea what to do.

(OOC: sorry to be the all-time pessimist, but every group has one. btw, i get on any time i can between 3:30 and 10:30 est.)

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:35 pm

ramza stood right behind gingitsune and hijinx, after all the initial shock and fear went away. gingitsune was doing the right thing, ramza was just hoping the plan didnt backfire, since royce might not be so stupid. ramza knew there was no choice now, no use in saying sorry.

"i agree. probably a little fat girl, failing classes, fights with kids, always losing ill bet. sits alone, and maybe you even cry at night, when your not busy laughing and terrorizing the weaker players in this game. loser."

ramza stood defiantly, showing no signs of fear.

OOC:should i use a resurect on nall? im noot sure if shes supposed to come back. i get on from 4-9 eastern on weekdays, every now and then
Last edited by ramza on Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:36 pm

(OOC: To Hijinx. I wasn't on the ledge in the big arena. I am on the ledge to where Royce is standing. You know, the one where we all fell down go boom? :P Just saying, but thanks for the rock shield :3)
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)