Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:30 pm

Walking towards the group Argilus noticed more people seemed to be crowding up around the group. A little hesitant, he slowly began to stop pursuing the large group of people ahead.

What? What I’m I doing? Though they are probably really good players, I can’t just walk up and but into there conversation. I remember when a newbie came around other players in the other RPG I used to play, they were mocked and teased, mostly made fun of.” Argilus thought to himself. He moved away and could see the people in the town wonder around looking at Argilus oddly. They were wondering why some many new players had suddenly joined up all of a sudden.

Well…I guess I better try the battle field.” He spoke quietly to himself. Now walking to the Chaos gate, he set his hand in front of him and set his place of destination to Bursting Passed Over Aqua Field, it had said in the manual this was the first place to gain up levels as a newbie. So suddenly his body vanishes with a couple of rings flashing over him.

Nall

Post by Nall » Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:36 pm

Nall was on the rooftops for a good amount of time now. Jumping from rooftop to rooftop, examining the newbies. For some reason he just couldn't stop thinking about them. It seemed like everyone was unique in some way. Nall gets a message from what appears to be an admin.

'Well now whats this...'

"ALL PLAYERS THAT ARE IN A FEILD ZONE ARE TO REPORT BACK TO THE ROOT TOWN IN MAC ANU IMMEDIATLY. SERVERS ARE GOING DOWN FOR REPAIR. SORRY FOR THE INCONVINENCE."

'I'm asuming that was sent to everyone in the Delta server... But I've never got an e-mail from this admin before...'

Nall studies the name. It could be new but he's never heard of Royce before. Nall sighs.

'That means the root town is going to be overly crowded. I should log out then...'

Nall Jumps down, scaring some players that didn't know where he was and then heads to the chaos gate. Allready there were tonnes of players coming back from different fields. All he was hearing was 'man this bites' or 'I was so close! stupid admins!' Nall didn't like the admins either, they were quite pushy.

'All right, I'm done for now I guess.'

Nall trys to log out but is blocked.

'hmm..? Now whats going on?'

Nall try's again but is blocked again. He then takes a look around and notices many of the other players unable to use the chaos gate. They were getting frustrated and scared. Nall too was worried, everything was placed to properly. It's as if someone wanted everyone to be in the root town at this time.

'hmm... This isn't good at all. But the worst part is that the knights of war arn't here yet. Usually they'd pick up on somthing like this right away...'

Nall began to walk away when the ground began to shake. He could hear cries from the distance, somthing about a monster? Nall wasn't sure if he heard right. Monsters can't appear in root towns and it would be very dangerous if one did. Nall starts to run to where the cries were comming from. It was at the opposite side of Mac Anu. A cloud of dust rises to the air and more people run towards the chaos gate.

'What the hell is going on? These people... They aren't all newbies... what the hell is over there?! I'd better check it out fast! Ap Do!'

Nall casts Ap do giving him a speed bost to check things out. He does find that it was a monster. A monster that shouldn't be in the root town, that shouldn't even be in the Delta server! The monster was Yoroi General, a level 48 monster! He was a very impressive monster, with two huge swords he could kill the overage player with one hit. Nall stops in his tracks with a dumb look on his face.

'heh heh.... Why do I always get myself into these things? I guess I have to try to fight though. I have to stall him until help arrives or all these people could be in great danger!'

Nall prepares to fight. He see's people running away still, everyone was afraid of the Yoroi General especially since the rumors of the virus was very big at the momnent. They say if you die from a monster with the infected virus that you will die in real life. Despite this, he see's some people running towards him, either with curiosity or just dumb courage.

'What the hell are those newbies comming here for?!'

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sun Mar 30, 2003 7:51 pm

Gingitsune was just about to answer Xane when the cloud of dust, and panic arose over Root Town. She shielded her eyes from the rising debris, and pulled herself up, grabbing at her wand.
This was certainly strange, and that was certainly a powerful looking monster.
Gingitsune got that sudden, coy look she always got when she was excited, and motioned to the people around her.
"Amazing! This has absolutely never happened before!" Her eyes sparkled as she looked towards the monster, her wand glowing suddenly with energy. "If you're a newbie, I'd suggest getting out of here, and quickly, unless you're the type that just doesn't care, has something to prove, or is just stupid; either way I don't blame you- come with me, or go hide... If you hide, it doesn't mean you're a coward, it just means you're a lot wiser than me!" Gingitsune smiled again, laughing, "This is a very dangerous situation we have here, children, and it could result in a lot of injuries for the weaker players, if they're not protected... The monster looks to be... infected, I'm sure you all know what that means, and it really should influence your decisions, this may just be life or death..." Then Gingitsune started off at a loping gait towards the monster, looking over her should to see if anyone was following her, then speeding up.
"Am I really crazy... should I even be doing this?"
Then she noticed another person standing before the monster, sword in hand, and she smiled, "Well... So I'm not crazy?"
Her wand glowed brightly now against the darkness that the dust had set in, and she cheerfully reached the blademaster.
"Hi there... I'm Gingitsune.

Nall

Post by Nall » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:13 pm

'Yo! Either your stronger then you look, or your as crazy as I am! My names Nall, nice to meet you!'

Nall was always a pushover for a nice girl, though he'd never show it.

'Well, I'll give you some friendly advice, attack from a distance and don't get too close! If you can, try and heal the idiots that attack, we don't want people to get hurt now do we?'

Nall gives a quick wink to Gingitsune as he charges at the monster who started to move forward. Gingitsune was wondering why he was going against the very advice he'd just given her. The monster attacked Nall and it appeared to hit him. However he was untouched, and attacked with Rue Slash. Even though he dodged the attack, his attack hardly did anything to the monster.

'Oy, this is going to be difficult!' Nall mentions as he jumps back beside Gingitsune.

'How did you dodge that attack? It looked like it hit you!' Gingitsune seemed amazed.

'heh heh! thats my secret! But lets not get too casual, it looks like it's getting angry.' Nall notices more people comming, it looked like the newbies he saw before.

Ryu

Post by Ryu » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:23 pm

Suddenly the monster starts screaming in pain as it seems to swing behind it to hit something, a few metres away is an cloaked guy a littel crouched with two rusty blades on his hands.
"So... some newbies like me like to attack, well, they should at least do it right! That is from the back, I will distract it, you make sure you attack it from the back, there is it the most weak."

He then stood up, and started to scold the monster, and dodging the monsters attacks. "Look, I have no time for this! Attack it already!"

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:41 pm

Let's give a cheer for curiously dumb courage! "The hell is that?" Nevaeh says, before taking off towards where the screams were coming from. Others have the same idea as him, it would seem, or if not the same ideas than at least the same general direction. Pushing through the fleeing crowd, the fallen angel can see the monster from a fair distance away. "This can't be good," he mutters, continuing on, reaching Gingitsune and her new companion.

"That's..." the fallen angel says as he views the beast from up close. "That thing is huge! We can't beat that thing!" He closes his eyes, as his red gridwork glows brighter for a moment. "That thing's hit points are off the chart! At least, too high for me to tell what they are..." Nevaeh holds back, knowing that there's no way to kill that thing, or at least no way that he can, as he starts healing those foolish enough to try to smack the thing with their blades. "Repth is such a weak spell for what it's worth," he mumbles as his SP quickly deplete. "There's got to be a way to lower its hit points! Wait a minute, what am I thinking? I'm a hacker, I can force it's strength down!" The angel stops healing, and begins to make his way around the monster, hoping it doesn't notice him as he tries to get behind it.

Flash Mail to Gingitsune:
I'm going to try to hack it's hit points down. I dunno if it'll work or not, but it's worth a shot, right? Tell anyone you think might be able to get in a few strong hits while it's defences are down, or at least a fast runner to get me out of there if I screw up @.x

OOC: By the way, great way to keep plugging Lunar, Nall =P

Nall

Post by Nall » Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:26 pm

(OOC: hahaha, I was wondering who the first person was gonna be to mention that! ^^; But don't worry, I've got more stuff from lunar too hahaha)

Nall gets a furious dumb look on his face. He eye's Ryu who made him look like a newbie.

'Grr! Don't act so cool! It's obvious that it's weak point is it's back! And I'm no newbie :P' Nall hates being showed up, though he gets showed up often. Gingitsune tells Nall about the flash mail from Nevaeh.

'Ahh, I see his plan... Sounds good but it's hacker agianst hacker... I don't think he'll be able to break through. But if he needs help I'll back him up!' Nall knew that it would take more then a couple of newbies and two average players to take down Yoroi General. However, if they didn't stall it it could be disaterous for everyone else. Nall notices the monsters back turned.

'Nows my chance!' Nall lunges towards the monster with suprising speed and try's his Rue Slash again. The monster barely fliches and knocks him away.

'The monster has a resistance to water attacks!' Came a voice from the other side of the monster. Ryu was mocking him again. Nall slowly started to turn to stone and disappear. Since his friends were still alive it wasn't game over for him. Though he wondered if any of the newbies would be smart enough to revive him.

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:51 pm

OOC: Just a note, most roleplays look down on power playing, Nall, you really should let other people react for themselves...

Looks like someone's already gotten themselves killed, and Nevaeh without any Resurrects. Ah well, let someone else go something about it. The Fallen Seraph makes his way behind the monster, and with a quick leap, tries to jump onto the back of the creature, grabbing onto it at the shoulders to maintain balance. "Suck it down, bizatch!" he hells as his red aura begins to shimmer and expand into a sphere around him, the hexagonal grid clearly visible (think what happens when a monster is Data Drained). It segments, then explodes, the data all pouring into the virus.

Nevaeh screamed, and fell off the beast, as the effects of the hack took their toll. Dek Corv and Dek Torv take effect on the angel, reduced attack and accuracy. Whether or not he actually succeeded in doing anything to the monster has yet to be seen.

OOC: I'll leave it to the GMs to decide whether or not I succeeded in hacking the Yoroi General, since Nevaeh's player is still relatively new to this.

Nall

Post by Nall » Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:09 pm

(OOC: -_- I know this and I hate it too. I'm sorry if it seemed like I played Ryu a bit but I wanted to show that Yoroi General had a weakness to water attacks and Nall is too stupid to realize this himself)

<Narrator post>

Yoroi General stops, collapses to the ground. He stays like this for a few moments then another grid appears to form around the monster, increasing it's power. Yoroi General gets up again and resumes it's attack. However Nevaeh's attack wasn't a total waste, the monster appears to have slowed down tremendously. It will be easier to dodge now.

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:14 pm

Kurai stopped outside the Dungeon, about to go in.

"ALL PLAYERS THAT ARE IN A FEILD ZONE ARE TO REPORT BACK TO THE ROOT TOWN IN MAC ANU IMMEDIATLY. SERVERS ARE GOING DOWN FOR REPAIR. SORRY FOR THE INCONVINENCE."

Darn. and i just was ready to explore, too... He set the butt of his spear on the ground, and prepared to log back into the root town.

Error.

"Error?" He exclaimed. "You mean.. i cant log INTO to root town, when the admins want me to?" He signed, and turned back towards the dungeon. "Oh well,"a tone of joking sarcasm rings in his voice. "I guess i just HAVE to go down into this dungeon..." Kurai hoists the spear to his shoulder once again, and walked down into the dungeon.

Kurai walked through a few rooms, not finding anything to fight. "Hmm," he said to himself, "This place seems to be cleaned out already." He went through another door, and found a treasure chest, with two barrels behind it. "Score! Treasure!" Kurai jogged on over to the chest, and tapped the tip of his spear on the top. It opened up, and a piece of armor floated out, and went into his inventory. He looked, to see it was Leather Coat. Hey, better than nothing, right? He busted open the barrels to find nothing inside. He then left the room, and walked down to the next level. After some searching, he came to a small room, where a Twin Blade was already fighting the blades floating ni the air - A Disco Knife. He dashed forward, and slashed both blades from side to side, and the blades fell to the ground. Kurai just stood there, his spear over his shoulder. "oh, sorry. I didnt know anyone else was in this zone... Anyways, im Kurai, a Long Arm." He smiled a little, hoping he wasnt bothering this person. their health seemed to be not at its peak, as he was breathing a little harder than himself.

"Argilus." The Twin Blade said, as he put the worn blades to his sides. He then walked out of the room, and into the hallway attached to it. Kurai shrugged, thinking to himself. jeez, this guy isnt that talkative... He jogged after the guy following the silver haired Twin Blade. "Hey, all apologies if you had the zone first, but do you mind if we grouped up? I need to get some exp..." Kurai spun his spear in his hand, catching it in the other. "So, whattya think?"
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

HaiiroKitsune

Post by HaiiroKitsune » Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:57 pm

Well, I finally finished setting up my character and reading the manual... Might as well try to log in...

Error
Error
Error

The hell? So much for a nice welcome, oh well, I guess I'll try again later...[/i]

DelTer

Post by DelTer » Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:36 am

DelTer was one of the people that got in the way of the General, he had not even seen it coming. His left arm was broken, and bleeding badly. How he was managing to stand was beyond him. Ripping a chunk of linen from a nearby tent, DelTer managed to patch up the wound with a crude bandage. He saw the deceased around the area, and players yelling in the distance about how they couldn't log. DelTer had received the message, but had not tried to log out. There was no time to even bother.

His blade in his good hand, DelTer walked through the trail of corpses, and bleeding victums. Raising his sword, he charged as best he could, and plainly stabbed the General in the leg. Ripping his sword out, he unleashed blow after blow into the leg. An arm came back and crushed DelTer into a nearby building, coughing up blood, his lifeless corpse slid to the ground.

(OOC: After typing this, I realized that this isn't a great way to start my day in the WORLD)

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:40 am

OOC: I don't think The World is that realistic, it'd freak out all of the younger gamers! When people die, they just fall over, and their bodies disappear, and a blue-ish ghost of them appears. The same thing would go for broken limbs, I'd think, they just wouldn't happen. Oh well, I dunno, there are a lot of inconsitencies that need to be cleared up... I hope I'm not sounding too whiny or anything, I guess I'm just kinda stiff when it comes to staying true to the series =D

HaiiroKitsune

Post by HaiiroKitsune » Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:12 am

OOC: I think we should give some background info on how "The World" works, I'm taking a wild guess saying that around half (maybe more, maybe less who knows) who is registered here hasn't seen or played any of the Project .hack series... But I'll leave it to the moderators...

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:27 am

(OOC: I've watched all of the /hack//sign series and I have the INFECTION game for PS2, maybe about half-way through it. So I have a basic concept of what's going on around here. Oh and a side note, it's not always about fighting and being the strongest. Most players in the series just went on quests to discover rare items, or to have coversations with others. So, it would be wise to get into some details with your character in just chatting with other players or if you like NPC's you may encounter. )

Argilus still kept his back turned, he hadn’t once taken a chance to look at the open-minded character that had entered behind him. Argilus had well finished the rooms battle, and wasn’t too bad at how to fight either.

Listen, I don’t know who you are, but I didn’t ask for your help. Besides you must be a newbie as well being in such a low-leveled place as this.” Argilus said as he wondered around the room looking for hidden treasures or more monsters.

Kurai was a bit puzzled as to why this character was so stingy. He just logged on to his first game, and now met his fist Rping grouch. “ I didn’t want to really bother you, I just figured….” But before he finished, Argilus had interrupted, “Since, I’ve not really gotten the hang about how to keep my life up while battling, you can join me.” His voice was stern and strict. It was more like a demand than a request, but Kurai just figured that this was just how this guy asked for help.

Spinning his spear around in his hand he then gave a quick smirk and walked over closer to Argilus.

Sure, I’ll accept, though you do know, I asked you first.” Kurai whispered just to make sure that Argilus knew it was originally his idea. Argilus finally turned around reviling his full posture. With not even a smile but only a silent and emotionless face, he nodded and gave a gesturing blink.

This is my first time logging on to this game, I’ve not figured out its roots yet. A bit different from the normal games I’ve played.” Argilus added as he began to head towards the door. As Kurai listened in, he was trying to dig up his number to give to Argilus, so they could be in a party. Kurai looked up and then told him that it was his first time as well.

It’s a shame, already getting bugs and error messages from the admins.” Kurai said trying to strike up a bit of a conversation with him. The twin blade only turned and looked at Kurai with a puzzled face.

How do you mean? Error? I’ve not received any error message.” Argilus replied.