Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Xane

I hate work sometimes.

Post by Xane » Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:36 am

(OOC: :evil: Man! I go away to work for 8 hours, and when I get back this is what happens!?? Grrr...*picks up a rocket launcher, revisits H.E.B., then walks away from the flaming wreckage whistling innocently* Oh well. I'll just try and jump in as well as I can.)

Weaving to and fro through the masses of players rushing away from the monster, Xane keeps his eyes on the few players who are standing up to it, and putting up what seems like a good fight. "Well now, this game keeps getting more interesting." Finally pushing his way through the last few players, he stands a bit behind the group, contemplating on what to do next. "Well now, the noble thing to do would be to help the others, but, I'm not exactly a noble person." A grin slowly makes its way onto his face, and he kneels down, unsheathing his blades. Standing, he begins to walk towards the small band of players. "Then again, I'm also not one who misses out on a fight." Stopping when he's beside a player, he looks to the side, noticing it's the player that got turned to stone. Pulling out a Resurrection, he uses it on the player, smirking as he is revived. "So, is it too late for me to join in the fun? Please say it's not, I was hoping to have a good first experience with this game."

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:32 am

AND THEN AFTER 5 HOUR'S OF WAITING SHADOW DESIDE THAT KNOW ONE WILL TALK TO HIM, AND SEING ALL THE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THIS ERROR THING, HE DESIDE TO LOOK THE THING THAT IS CAUSING THIS ERROR'S.

AND SO HE GO TO THE WEAPONG SHOP, TO BUY A NEW WEAPON, FOR HE NEW JOURNY..........

Dante

. . . is mine defective

Post by Dante » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:31 am

OOOO I can't wait. I got my character all set up and ready yo go. I might as well log in.

Logging in . . . .ERROR

"What in the world" I muttered to myself. Is mine deffective or something. The word ERROR flashes on my screen. Geez I was so pumped to try this out and what happens I get the deffective version. I might as well call the "The World" Hotline 1-800-THE-WORLD.
Oh great a recording.
Hi Thank You For Calling We Are Unable To Respond As All Of Our Operators Are Busy. We Are Now Expirencing Minor Difficultiess With The World. Please Sign Out And Try Again Later. We Thank You For Your Cooperation.

Well I guess there is nothing I can do. I'll just have to try again tomorrow.

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:37 am

"Yeah. The error messages." Kurai said to Argilus, "Something about we should all go to the Root Town, Mac Anu." Kurai shook his head in disapprovement. "Odd thing, though. We cant leave this area at all. Ive already tried."

Kurai then sent his member address to Argilus. He accepted, and a small chime rang in his ears to say they had formed a party. "If we cant log out," Argilus said in a low tone, "We might as well clear out this dungeon."

"My thoughts exactly." Kurai spun the spear in one hand, then into his other. He stopped it, pointing in front of him, towards a door they haven't been through yet. "Now, time to test out this game!" He charged through the door, and straight into the golden runecircle floating in the air in front of him.

"HYAAAA!!" Kurai yelled, as he dashed past a Deadly Moth, slashing it with the tip of his spear as he passed. He smirked, as he watched the Moth rear in pain behind him. He looked forward, and was immediately bashed in the head with a blunt side of a Disco Knife, the three floating blades dancing slightly in a mockish way. "Ow!" Kurai said, even though it didn't REALLY hurt him. it only took away a few hit points. He slashed a few times at the Disco Knife, and then ducked out of the way once he saw it start to attack. He also dodged the Deadly moth, fluttering its way toward him. "Hey! Argilus! I'd really like your help!" He yelled, and glanced over in his direction. He was slashing away at Two Deadly Moths at once, obviously absorbed in combat.

"Never mind, ill handle it.." he said in a low tone, turning back to the two oncoming enemies. He took a deep breath in, and charged forward, ready for the attack.
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:19 pm

OOC: Not to mention that it's already been determined that we can't log out either, and forcing the timeline is power playing as well. And stop writing in all caps, it's annoying as heck to read. If you want to be unique, just type in a different font or something.

The fallen angel staggered up, eyeing the symbols that were floating above his head. He blatently ignored them, and tried to attack the sreature, now that it was slow enough to actually dodge.

MISS
MISS
MISS
MISS
MISS
MISS
MISS
MISS

"This isn't working at all well," Nevaeh mumbled as he jumped back to get out of the way of one of the General's arms. The fallen angel used one of his stowed away Antidotes on himself, dispensing the two status effects. "Looks like I've got some SP back, how about a spell. Vak Kruz!"

As the level one spell takes effect, fireballs begin to swarm around the viral monster, stopping a few seconds later and rocketing towards it.

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:37 pm

After trading a few hits, he finally struck the Deadly Moth for the last time. Its wings stopped fluttering, and it slumped to the ground, disappearing quickly. He wasnt paying attention to it, though, as he was fending off the triple blows from the Disco Knife. He jumped forward, slashing his spear at the leftmost knife, chipping the blade. "Take that!" He yelled at it, fully absorbed in the awesome graphics and control of The World. He then spun he spear around in his hand, and slashed two of the blades, as the third struck down on his shoulder. He lost a good amount of hit points, as the Disco Knife clattered to the ground, defeated. Kurai breathed a sigh of relief, resting the butt of his spear on the stone floor beneath him. He glanced over to where Argilus was fighting the Deadly Moths, to find him resting against the wall, with eyes closed.

"Done?" Argilus said, as he received a flash of experience from the last enemy they had killed. he flipped a small bottle in his hands, in an impatient sort of way.

"Yep. Good kill, i got a deal of experience from those..." Kurai replied, noticing the bottle in Argilus' hands. "Whatcha got there? Loot?"

"It's a Healing Potion," Argilus replied, putting it in his pocket. "I was going to use it, but you took so long defeating those enemies, now I dont have to." Argilus stepped off of the wall, and started toward the door on the other side of the room. "Ready for the next battle?

Kurai smirked, cracking his knuckles. "Any time!"
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:07 pm

Gingitsune looked around her shrewdly, two level 10's and a few beginners wouldn't be enough to defeat a glitch of this size.
There had to be some kind of reason for such a thing to even appear, it just wasn't... right.
She also smirked at the apparent lack of strategy of the attacking players.
It would be so much easier just to group up... wouldn't it?
"Listen up everyone, stop what you're doing right now, the way you fight is strategically imbalanced, and completely wrong... the only effect it'll have is to kill us off one by one."
Gingitsune put her wand up, attacking the monster quickly as a distraction to give her some time to think up a plan...
But what? What could they do?
"Damn it..." She thought, "Movies aren't helping me any right now..."
She knew that they had to attack together, but what kind of effect would each person's attack have, and where should it be targeted?
The slow down may have helped to dodge, but dodging wasn't as helpful as it sounded.
She opened her bag and pulled out a few healing items, throwing them around to the injured players.
"We need to be a team, one team, it'll make us a lot stronger... Anyone have any strategical suggestions before you run off to get killed?"
Gingitsune sighed, she'd dealt with this before, everyone wanted to be the hero...

Ryu

Post by Ryu » Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:19 pm

ooc: okay, now you guys got me confused. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:40 pm

Alright, I've done that and that. That should be it... Time to see what this is like.

Logging...........
Error, Connection Failed

That can't be right...

Logging...........
Error, Connection Failed

..................... Bah, I guess I'll have to try again later. Besides I have to run some errands anyway...

Xane

Post by Xane » Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:49 pm

Slipping up behind the girl who mentioned the team thing, he readies his knives in a defensive stance. "Not a bad idea. How's this for a strategy? Have any Blademasters and Heavy Swords in the front line, attacking and distracting the monster, while any Twin Bladers here, like myself, attack from the sides and the rear, and any Wavemasters just stay back and toss spells at it. Not much of a strategy I know, and it may just result in faster deaths for all of us, but I guess any strategy is better than no strategy, eh?"

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:00 pm

Gingitsune smiled at Xane, "Sounds fine, much better than attacking kamikaze style." Then she paused, "The only problem is getting everyone to agree with it..."
She turned to everyone else, they were jumping at the monster, slashing at it ineffectively, over and over again.
Gingitsune held up her wand, and it glowed blindingly, making the players pause for a moment.
"Listen up everyone... stop what you're doing now, and listen! It's important, don't worry, the monster won't run away... If you prefer not to lose bones, limbs, or lives, team up with us, it might not kill the monster, but atleast it'll buy us time... This monster is a glitch, and administration might need time to work it out, if it really was an accident...
It's cliche, yeah, but we're stronger together than we are alone- it's true!"
Then Gingitsune smiled, and laughed, "Me? A leader-type... amazing... just amazing..." Last week she would have been up there trying to kill it out of pure luck, will, and 'heroism.'
"I am such a cute little pig." she thought to herself, and then returned her mind to the big, ugly problem of the moment.

Xane

Post by Xane » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:09 pm

Glancing over at the girl again, a small smirk makes its way onto his face. "Not bad. That was a nice little speech you gave. Now, let's just see if everyone will listen." He turns his attention back to the monster.

Ryu

Post by Ryu » Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:23 pm

"Yeah sure, I will do as you say, but beware of it's claws okay?" The twinbalder of before shouted as he tried atacking from the bacl again, and had to dodge another attack, but did hit before he had to dodge.
"It is not really smart, dont we have any blind spells?" he shouted to add some words.

Nevaeh
Elevated Player

Post by Nevaeh » Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:47 pm

"I'll see if I can weaken it any more," Nevaeh called to Gingitsune and Xane. "Just make sure that it doesn't turn around. It may have gotten slower, but its hit points are still too high."

*Bleh, hacking is easier said than done. That speed hack was just a random guess, I wish I knew how this bug actually worked.*

The hacker began to run around the monster, but every time he tried, it managed to blokck him some how. Murmuring rather obscene comments about the beast's mother, Nevaeh kept trying and failing to get around it.

"Screw this," he said, "Maybe it's slow enough that I can get under it." With a strong flap of his wings, his propeled himself underneath the monster, jabbing one of his daggers into the creatures crotch as he passed under for good measure. Safely behind the creature, he pulled bcak to figure out what exactly he was going to do.

Ryu

Post by Ryu » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:37 pm

Ryu sees her doing that, so jumps in front of the monster, and dodges an attack at the last moment, hitting his shoulder.
"Try better" he taunts and keeps jumping around and dodging attack to get some time for Nevaeh.