Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Tue May 27, 2003 5:30 pm

(ooc: keichi-kei, you can't gate into this battle so we're going to ignore "in story" that you did. Please head to the subplot board and begin your .hack//DIVERGENCE journey there. Please read all posts in Service Anouncements on how to play on these boards. ...& no more uber-short posts, please.)

"Gingi! What are you doing?" Armina gapes at Gingitsune as her spell goes off... Asgard's quick thinking the only thing that saved him from her attack. "You're aiming at the wrong side!"

Gingitsune's eyes seem a bit unfocused, almost like she cannot hear Armina's words. Is it possible she can't see us? I'd better keep her from casting til I can be sure she's fully herself again!

With that Armina brings her spear in front of Gingitsune & pulls back sharply with both hands on either side of her friend & part-time leader. The heavy shaft of the spear keeps Gingitsune's arms pinned to her side as Armina holds her tightly. Good thing my character class is of stronger stuff than Gingi as a WaveMaster! It'd be hard to hold her otherwise with her much higher levels!

The WaveMistress struggles some, but only as much as she would with normally casting a spell. What could be wrong with her? Is it the poison? Or could it be the so-called-antidote? Oh! We should never have trusted Melzas to really give us a real antidote! He pobably tricked us or something! & now Gingi might be worse off than she was with the poison!

Melsas' echoing disembodied laughter gives her no reason to believe anything for certain at all. She sighs & hugs Gingitsune closer. I can only hope Gingi can get thru this... & that I can hold her back till she does so she doesn't try to hurt any more of us!

Closing her eyes she breathes a little prayer. "Come on guys... run with Ramza's conglamorate plan & get that icky spider-monster gone!"

Maybe Gingi will get better soon & I can help them!

(ooc: back from camping! *cheers* we didn't get rained on for once! *laughs* First time that hasn't happened on a Memorial Day Camping trip!
Congtrats to all you new gradutates! Best of luck!)
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue May 27, 2003 9:31 pm

Gingitsune felt herself stopped, and she moved automatically to free herself, fighting, but having no real notion of what she was doing.
Her attack hadn't hit anyone, and she hadn't realized she had even done anything, she was far far away from the battle... she was standing in the World, in a different, peaceful field.
Ahead of her stood Balmung, Gingitsune slumped down as he watched her with a his hard, cold gaze.

"I do understand that you are new to this game, and perhaps didn't know any better..." he started.
"I read the game rules, if that's what you mean, I know perfectly well what I'm doing." Gingi interrupted.
"It's against the rules you know- altering your character like that."
"I see. I know. But I quite like my fox tail."
"You're quite impudent, you know that right?"
"Of course. And what will you do about my tail?"
"Request that you get rid of it."
"And what happens if I don't?"
"Then your character will be terminated..."
"Would you really do that to me?"

The conversation faded from her mind, slowly, and Melzas' voice came back.

Your friends don't trust you anymore, they think you've gone quite insane, Armina is even being forced to hold you back before you start killing your teammates! Trust is lost, trust is lost, and what is left? A rambling, insane, fox-girl.

Gingitsune blocked everything out of her head, and struggled to regain control of her body, suddenly she stopped fighting completely and fell limp to the ground.
She opened her eyes slowly, and found that they were less hazy than before, maybe she had overcome it... maybe she had won...

Reiketsu still wasn't dead, she saw the enormous monster still rampaging through the room, under Melzas' cruel eye, and saw her team mates forming and reforming plans against it.
She suddenly felt completely useless.
Another stabbing pain wrenched through her body, and she felt every little wound in her body begin to bleed, she snorted, disgusted. She hated blood. It came out more and more, and more- until she felt like she couldn't lose anymore, and then her eyes blurred, and refocused to see that there really wasn't even any blood at all.

Wow, I really have gone insane...

Melzas laughed again, echoing through her head.
It's not that simple to overcome it, you'll really have to overcome your greatest fear before the pain will cease, but will you be able to do it? I feel sorry for you Gingitsune, I really do. Helpless, helpless, helpless...

(ooc: another useless post- but to even get through this I'm going to need to write something insanely long and I totally don't have time for that right now! maybe later :D!)

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Tue May 27, 2003 9:37 pm

ooc: so.....what happens to reiketsu
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Nall

Post by Nall » Wed May 28, 2003 12:18 am

(OOC: lol, I'm sorry everyone! I was lazy last night and didn't post ;_; but I'm sure your gonna be happy about the results even if you had to wait a little longer for them :D)

Everyone was fighting Reiketsu trying to get him as close to the edge as possible before Ramza set off his attack. Gingitsune was in a lot of pain and from anyone elses point of veiw she was suffering badly. Nall was disgusted with this but he knew it had to be done. Nall knew that the antidote would hurt her more but at least she had a chance to saty alive unlike with the poison. Nall was getting fed up with Reiketsu's mindless attacks and Melzas deceptive techniques. Reiketsu's back leg slipped off into the water and Ramza saw the perfect chance.

'LEVEL 3 FIRE MAGIC! HELLSTORM!'
Flames errupted from under Reiketsu and began to melt the ice. Since this ice wasn't Melzas special ice it melted quickly and over a larger area. Melzas saw that his monster was about to be swallowed up by the water and be completely helpless. He made a move to try and save it but Nall appeared in front of him.
'No Melzas, this ends here! All you can do is watch as your monster falls to it's watery grave! You can't get by me.'

Melzas frowned still angry about the attack pulled before and lunged at Nall with his sword. Nall's speed beat Melzas by a tremendous amount and dodged him easily enough. Before Melzas sword hit the ice however, he disappeared. Nall suddenly jumped into the air and seemed to punch through thin air. Melzas appeared lying on his back on the ground.
'You forget Melzas, I can see through you tricks! I can see everything!'
Nall ran towards Melzas. Melzas was having just about enough of Nall.
'Fool! I'll kill you and your whole group! You cannot beat the massster of Ice!'

Nall's fist hit Melzas hard and sent him flying back into the wall. Melzas appeared out of it, totally silent. Nall quickly took out his last scroll and held it in the air.
'Level 3 Fire Magic! Hellstorm!'
Flames blasted towards the target. However the target wasn't Melzas's body, it was aimed into the air! Suddenly a cry of pain filled the room. Melzas realy body appeared in the air, engulfed in flames and feel to the ground.
'Faking your death was a good strategy the first time you fought me...But I don't fall for the same tricks twice!'

Melzas was now on the floor, body still on fire and his clothes and body burning away. Meanwhile Reiketsu's body was totally engulfed by water and finnaly exploded with a bright light. The players were jumping up and down happy that they killed Reiketsu. The only problem was Gingi was still a bit out of it. Nall walked over to Melzas who now looked like a bare burnt skeleton, eye shinning through the fire.
'You... How you beat me I'll never know... But do remember thisss... Next time I meet your group of freedom fightersss... They will all die! I'll make sssure you wont be able to help them! You won thisss fight but we will win the war!!!'

With that Melzas body was encircled by golden rings as he exited. With Melzas gone the barrier that was blocking them from exiting was lifted. Some of the players wondered why Nall let Melzas escape but he kept quiet about it. He just walked over to the dragon head statue and walked in its mouth, apparently looking for somthing. Everyone tried to ignore him for a bit while Gingitsune started freaking out again... This time she wrenched free of Armina and hit her with her staff. The other players were afraid and wanted to help Gingitsune somehow but her attacks were dangerous and powerful. After a long fight they hardly had the energy to deal with her but for some reason Nall totally ignored her as he scrutenized the inside of the dragon head statue...

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Wed May 28, 2003 1:14 am

Kayin looked from Gingitsune to the dragon statue, back and forth. He wanted to help, but had no idea how. He was also curious about what Nall was doing but didn't want to bother him. It seemed to Kayin the best thing he could do was wait. He didn't like the idea of just waiting, but what choice did he have.

Kayin moved over to look at the statue closer. He had no reason to inspect it, but it was better than standing and doing nothing.
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Wed May 28, 2003 2:32 am

(ooc: wow! *grins* that was way cool!)

"Ow! Gingi, that hurt!" Rubbing her head Armina looks at Gingitsune sadly, wondering what demons held fast onto her. Did she relax so suddenly just to be able to free herself & smack me on the head? Or was it just a major coincidence? I wish I knew what to do!

At least Melzas the ugly & his hideous pet spider-creep-oid are out of the way... but what are we still doing here? Is there something else we need to finish or what?

She glances at Nall with tear-filled eyes, hoping for ... well... something. Nall however seems preocupied with the dragon statue Melzas had spent most of the encounter hovering near. "What's with that statue anyway, Nall? Do we have to do something with it before we leave or something?"

She doesn't really bother to wait for a response... 'Mina knows that Nall will answer in his own time. Sometimes it just feels good to ask; that way he knows someone's still paying attention. Poor Gingi... Others might be frightened enough to stay away, but Armina wasn't going to be!

With a laugh & a bounce she caught Gingitsune's arms in a weird type of dance. "Wake up Gingi! We've won! You can get over that silly poison anytime now!"

Nothing's happening! A slight frown flutters over Armina's joyful expression & her eyes tear up a little again. I don't know what's wrong with her... but I can't give up!

(ooc: I appologise for the relatively short post. *grins* Couldn't really think of anything at the moment.)
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed May 28, 2003 5:34 pm

OOC: Hijinx the astounding has returned!Shall i join in now, or wait for the mac anu return to make my entrance?
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Wed May 28, 2003 7:16 pm

OOC: i no it isnt, my place, but technically you were still here the whole time, so maybe you could continue with us
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Nall

Post by Nall » Wed May 28, 2003 10:38 pm

(OOC: you can join in now hijinx if you want! Wow, wb! I didn't know if you'd be back or not! it's great to have you back though! :D hehe, I'm not gonna post right now, I'll let you guys deal with Gingi first)

Kaisamyuu

Post by Kaisamyuu » Thu May 29, 2003 12:14 am

(( OOC: Can someone please bring the subplots back, this is getting really really boring... ))

**Kaisamyuu backed off into a corner, crossing his arms after putting his blade away. He gave a slight yawn as he watched the other run around doing God knows what. He closed his eyes as he leaned back on the wall, bringing his leg up as he put the bottom of his foot to the wall. He gave a light sigh as he began to find this all a bit boring now. **

Nall

Post by Nall » Thu May 29, 2003 1:09 am

(OOC: NO MORE OOC'ssssssssssssssss! lol, way too many :P Kaisamyuu... You obviously don't like the main plot at all because you don't do anything. Anyways, you don't have to be in the main plot if you don't want to... go to http://invisionfree.com/forums/DIVERGENCE/index.php and go play in subplots...)

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Thu May 29, 2003 7:20 pm

OOC:im sorry to do another OOC, but are we gonna get levels or items, cause i dont think we got levels for the fights since shinja
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Thu May 29, 2003 8:03 pm

"What can we do to help her? I can't make any sense fo that statue, whatever its for....." Tirath said to Nall.
He was sitting on the edge of the ice with his legs dangling in the water still tossing the ball into the air. The water was still very warm from the fire attacks. "I mean is there anything we can do, or are we just as helpless as Melzas said we were?"

Nall didn't anwser, but he didn't have to, Tirath anwsered his own question.

"No, i refuse to believe that, there has to be something, but shouldn't we first take her to Mac Anu? I'm sure the cold can't be good for her, or the rest of us for that matter".

OOC: Oh boy are we gonna get real good prizes Nall? I was thinking about going to the sub-plots till i got a little strong, ya know, so i don't have to write myself in as getting my but kicked all the time. Well what ever, I'm sure if you said its good that its really great :D .
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Thu May 29, 2003 10:39 pm

Armina had stopped dancing around with Gingitsune when she noticed she was getting no possitive respose. There was only the automatic motion as if to wiggle away or cast another spell. Hugging Gingitsune to her Armina listens to Tirath's words. "Can we? Can we just take her back to Mac Anu? At least there she shouldn't be able to cast any spells. There's no fighting in the root towns."

Those who had battled against the General give her a funny look, obviously remembering having fought in Mac Anu in the town then. Armina however isn't remembering what she had been told of that battle. Her face shows only the hope of being able to help a friend.

"I know Gingi likes the cold... but it's more than just cold here. Oh, Gingi! Give us some kind of clue how to help you!"

There was no noticable reaction from the WaveMistress. But maybe, just maybe my words can reach her mind where ever it has gone!

"Gingi! Gingi! Wake up, please!" I can only hope... hope & keep trying! Maybe we should take her back to Mac Anu. At least it would give others the chance to do other things while we figure this out. "Me... I'm not leaving Gingi's side til she comes back to us!"
Level 33

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri May 30, 2003 12:52 am

Nighthand watched with satisfaction as the spider of ice was finally defeated, and melzas was forced to retreat. as nall walked over to the dragon head statue, nighthand looked around the area for any possible chests. he didn't see any, but that didn't matter too much to him. he had other things to do.

finally being able to log out, he tried to decide what he would do when he got back to the root town.
first, i'll find myself a nice new sword. this one's seeming to get a bit dull...hmm.he thought to himself, and started walking to gingi.

"Armina, i don't think we would be able to bring her to mac anu. first off, doesn't she have to log out herself? secondly, there could be something in the antidote that could kill her if it gets warmer, or maybe if she leaves this field. this is her battle, and she has to win it here, herself. at least, that's what i think."

armina just looked worse then she did before, so he tried to change her mood.
"hey, don't worry about it. i'm sure she'll be alright."
she looked a little better, but still sorrowful.

nighthand left gingi and armina, and headed over to where nall was inspecting the statue.
"Find anything interesting nall? if you can't use it, i'm sure i can find some use for it." he grinned.