Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Thu May 15, 2003 8:19 pm

Gingitsune stuck her tongue out that the giant spider, little spiders hanging from her bedroom ceiling were frightening, but this... Every one of the eight eyes bulged disgustingy, flickering in a multi-faceted way, reflecting the icy light as it charged on many coordinated claws.
Gingitsune's mind flickered from on thought to the next, finally falling on a book she had read many times, The Two Towers.
When Samwise had been facing Shelob, he used a chance to get under her and slash her belly, because really, a spider can't get at you with it's legs when you're underneath it- and the usually soft underbelly was nicely unprotected... in theory.
Gingitsune grinned sheepishly as she picked herself up and watched the others slashing at the gargantuan arachnid.
Suddenly Gingi remembered her wand... how was she supposed to slash anything with a wand?

She watched as Armina dove beneath the frigid waters and inwardly shivered, but decided to play the role of distraction as long as it took for Armina to get out of there...

The disgusting thing about spiders is how powerful they really are, the extreme velocity they could reach, their powerful poison, crushing jaws, and deadly claws...

Shaking the thought out of her head Gingi decided to fight as she usually did, with no fears, doubts, or petty distractions. She fought to win, and it was the only thing on her mind from the minute she charged forward.

Suddenly her head snapped back, that voice... the hacker's voice... it was... the voice inside her head.
That same disgusting, braggartly tone that had ticked Gingitsune off, and the person that went with the voice wasn't much better. Slimy and powerful.

Her mind was flickering between the two enemies, but it fixated on the spider as Reiketsu came charging towards her like the mindless beast it was. She saw her opening, and stood her ground, ducking her head down at the last possible second to avoid getting whisked away by the creature's jaws, and concentrated on an attack.
"Rue ROM!" she uttered quickly, concentrating on one powerful blast into the creature's gut in the seconds she was underneath it...
The attack hit it's target, the spider jumped up sporadically,and issued a high pitched squeal she the pain hit his soft underbelly.
Gingitsune rolled away from it as it came down with it's sharp claws.
That was pathetic Gingitsune... said the voice, as Reiketsu resumed it's rampage around the room.
Gingitsune said nothing, and hid her disappointment, maybe it had done something though...

The hide of the spider's underbelly had cracked slightly, and though it wasn't a serious injury, it left an opening for attack: a vulnerable spot.

(ooc: hehe, everyone's doing their own thing so I was a little hard put to think of any idea, it might be crappy, but it's all I could think of *sob, sniffle*)

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Thu May 15, 2003 9:49 pm

The water is so cold around her that Armina has to try hard to keep her teeth from chattering. I'm moving & moving but my body action is not creating enough heat to counter this freezing water! So not cool! From the movement of the water around her she can tell someone or something was following her. I really hope that's Ramza behind me!

She was nearing the end of her breath but also she was nearing the glacier encased scroll as well. "Repulse Cage!"

Her slashing spear tears chunks out of the glacier, but opening her mouth to use her skill brings in some of the fridgid water. Armina kicks off of the glacier seconds before she hears Ramza's spell hit it. Breaking the water's surface she splutters & chokes until Ramza joined her. "Did it work?"

Ramza shakes his head. "Not all the way. Maybe after another hit."

"Then let's do it!" Laughing Armina plunges back into the chill waters, hearing Ramza right behind her. It takes less time then before to reach thier goal; now that they know the way clearly. The water might be freezing... but it's clearer than anything I've swam in before! She can now see what damage they had done with their first wave of attacks. There is a section of ice almost pulled away from the rest of the glacier. & inside that piece.... is the scroll!

Now to attack the weak spot! "Repulse Cage!" Controlling the rapid slashing of her spear she brings each blow down hard on the thin outcropping of ice holding the spell's section to the greater glacier. Her arms feel sore from all the movement she has done in the water, but she manages to bring her Weapon down one last time shattering the fragile connection. She grabs hold of the chunk & nods to Ramza. The "chunk" is still larger than the both of them.

She can't hear his spell cast though she can see Ramza's mouth moving. Ah, no! He's looking mighty blue! We've got to get out of this water soon!

This time Armina has enough air to stick around & watch the spell take effect. Flames lapped around the edges of the ice chunk, tingling Armina's freezing skin with blazing heat. As I've never seen this spell done before I can't tell if being underwater is affecting it or not! Oh well. At least it seems to be melting the ice!

When the flames die down, Armina is left holding a chunk of ice. Now however it's only a little bigger than she is. Without a word Ramza & Armina kick off what's left of the glacier.

"Whew!" Armina grins when they have time to catch their breath. "I bet one more cast of that fire-stuff out of the water & the scroll will be free!"

(ooc: um... are we still getting EXP? Just curious. I noticed we hadn't gotten any levels for a while. *grins*
Ramza... hope you don't mind. I was too lazy to figure out which spells you had but since "DeathSkeletonHacker" aka Melzas had you in the water with Armina I had you go ahead & be able to cast fire. If you want I can fix it later. *smiles* 'sides... you have always been playing with fire!*laughs*)
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Melzas

Post by Melzas » Thu May 15, 2003 11:11 pm

(OOC: I'm actually not sure either. If not oh well :D and yes your all getting exp, you actually should have gotten levels after the last fight but I decided to wait :D Anyways, I'm gonna be gone for the weekend, Anime North! woooooooo! hehehe, so this is probably my last post till I get back. But don't feel shy to continue to try and fight Reiketsu :D)

Melzas laughed at everyone. Everything was almost too amusing for him. He saw Armina and Ramza bring up a chunk of ice with the scroll in it. He was suprised they were able to do this but he wasn't too worried about Nall entering the battle but he still would like to see him die a slow cold death from his altar. He was just about to freeze Armina and Ramza in his magic ice but Asgard interupted him muttering about fighting him. Melzas' face was somewhat suprised and annoyed. He enjoyed picking on the weak but he hated fighting someone that wasn't even a challenge.
'Annoying boy! What makesss you ssso ssspecial? Tell me before you try and ssstrike me down, why do you think you can defeat me? You sssaw your friend easssily lossse to me, why do you think you can win?'
Melzas golden eye flashed a bit but nothing happened. Melzas was just trying to intimidate Asgard, though he probably wouldn't hesitate to use his special powers. Melzas waited for a response from Asgard, still standing atop the dragon head statue. Meanwhile, Reiketsu was still causing havoc among the players. The attack on it's underbelly was much more effective then the attacks on it's heavily protected legs but it still was hard to classify it as a 'weak spot.' The players had to be careful though because while most spiders do have no way to attack their foes when they are under them, Reiketsu was large enough to crush a player if it droped down. This type of attack was slow though so a quick attack and run would be somewhat effective but there was still the problem of it's regular attacks and it's deadly revolver that was extremely difficult to dodge. While most players fought for their lives, and others trying to help someone important to them, and one courageously, or stupidly trying to save the day, Nall lied frozen in his ice prison. Nall was tough, he was used to extreme pain but remaining in ice for much longer could and probably would kill him... However, there were more people watching this fight then any of them, including Melzas knew about. They were watching, observing and taking note on everyone. No one though knew of there presence, even the ones with hightened senses.

(OOC: woooooo this is the 900th post for the delta server :D)

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Fri May 16, 2003 7:08 am

"R...Repth.."

Kurai felt his hit points regain, and he shook off the rest of the cold chunks of ice in his hair. His SP were back to low, but it didnt matter much to him. all his attacks were wood based, so the only thing really worth using would be Repth, to heal himself and others. Kurai watched as the Reiketsu went from ally to ally, trying to take them allout at once. Kurai realized something right there - he wan't doing his duty. He wasnt protecting anyone. Kurai ran forward, spinning the Treeweaver over his head. He ran beneath the Reiketsu, and was about to run out the front and strike it in the face, but it was then he saw the weak point on the underbelly. Kurai skided to a halt, and spun his spear in his hand. He rested the butt of his spear on the ground, and looked straight up at the mark. It was small, but vulnerable. With the right attack, it could be easily exploited...

Kurai bent down, and leaned slightly on his spear. He felt the spear in his hands, how it almost felt like t knew what he was going to do... "JUK DOOM!" Kurai jumped upward, and slashed away at the crack in the Reiketsu's hide. The Treeweaver responded quickly to his call, and it seemed to grow, piercing the soft underbelly underneath the armor. The treeweaver changed its color, returning to a beautiful green, and a small vine snaked across one of his hands.

The Reiketsu reared back, and attempted to stomp out anything underneath it. Luckily, Kurai made it out of the dnagerous situation, without a single scrath on him. He stood at the ready, the Treeweaver pointed at the eyes of the Reiketsu. Kurai was standing in front of Gingitsune, and he felt much better there. He didnt want to see any of his allies hurt, but the wavemasters had it the hardest, especially against more physical attacking creatures... "Gingitsune, we must finish this battle quickly." Kurai's eyes looked around the room, to all the other fighters. They all seemed to be looking frozen, bitter, and ready to go. Already. "I know you might enjoy the cold, but it seems some others might not share the same love for it as you do. Also, i dont think any of us can afford taking damage from this creature. It's very high-leveled..."
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Raye
Elevated Player

Post by Raye » Fri May 16, 2003 3:37 pm

(OCC: Gingi, Nall and I are going to Anime North, too! :D)

... "No... not this thing..." Raye entered the room and her mouth dropped. "B-but, how? How can this be? Theses spiders... how..." Raye started, her face still streaked with tears from their last battle.
"What are you talking about, Raye?" Yelped one boy, jumping around trying to attack the spiders. "These things are leathal! Just fight already, you're the only wavemaster who hasn't gained any levels. Don't you want to progress?"
Raye glared at the boy, "No, I do not. If I gain a level, then fine. But if I don't, I don't care. I've never cared about gaining levels. All I care about is exploring the world and gather as much information I can about.. about..."
"About...?" The boy raised an eyebrow in confusion, dodging another spider.
"None of your busi--ew!" Raye jumped over a rampaging spider, skittering to attack somebody beside her.
"This is disgusting!" She stroked Spellbinder, it's smooth wood soothing her. "Die, die, die!" She banged the spider on it's head about six times. The spider looked up at her with fire in it's eyes, it attacked.
Right before it attacked Raye bopped it over it's head again and it fell to the ground.
"Pfft," Raye sighed, "I could be known as the sedator, all I do is knock monsters out."
"Yeah, Raye! You got one of them down!" Gingitsune shouted at Raye, waving.
"Interesting..." Raye opened her mouth.
Oh Cocoa, oh Felix... I wish you guys were here...
If freedom is being alone, I fear liberation.

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Fri May 16, 2003 7:38 pm

ramza and armina continued to drag the ice chunk with the scroll in it toward reiketsu with armina. "why must it be soo darn heavy.....aaaarrrrrrrghhh!" asgard was distracting melzas away from them, still, as they tried to rescue the scroll. armina was slashing the glacier with her spear as ramza warmed it with fire attempting to melt the ice. " i would have used my strongest attack.....my lightning attack.....but under the water it would have killed us :shock:" armina smiled and nodded, as ramza was thinking something.

ramza did one last fire blast on the ice, it was now half their size. "u no what.....i have an idea....." ramza ran over to the water put some in his hand and dipped the tip of his electric wand in it. he ran over to the rampaging gargantuan and threw the water in his hand at the head of the spider. as the water hit reiketsu and got attention, ramza pointed the wand and yelled "lightning blast!!!" it was actually just a move that would blast the lightning at his opponent, but powered by the water. a powerful and thick ray of light shot out from the point of ramza's electric wand, attracted by the water on the spiders face, as it travelled, it gained power from moisture in the air, and scored a direct hit.

OOC:i let the moderators say what happens.

the blast forced ramza skidding back on the ice, all the way to the wall and in the water. melzas quickly saw his chance and trapped the wavemaster under a thick sheet of ice. "noooo!!" he could hardly see through the surface. he knew he needed to do something before he ran out of breath.

ramza swam all the way down to the bottom, putting his feet down. he kicked up as hard as he could and assumed a superman pose, with one fist in the front and another at his waist. there was a glow of flames forming on his bottom fist, with the flame growing more and more as he got nearer to the ice. at the last moment he punched his fire fist up and brought the other down, using his whole body to attack the ice. "FIIIREEEE PUNCCHHH!!!!!" he punched the ice with extreme force, breaking the ice and throwing him self into the air with a glowing red aura. he landed on his feet , then the glow went away and he collapsed , once again drained of energy.
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri May 16, 2003 9:17 pm

Nighthand jumped away from the spider as it began it's revolver atack, but was still hit. he smashed into the wall, his chest bursting with pain from where the creature's leg had struck him.

he lay still for a moment, wheezing breath in and out of his lungs. the cold air bit in on his throat, making him cough. he rolled over on his side and paused, feeling the vibrations on the ice. he looked around, surveying the scene while he was out. then he drew his sword from the ground next to him, gaining strength as he went.

he looked at his skills. nothing. a water up, but the thing is water, it seems. and calamity, but that's useless against it's hard skin...

it looks like i have to make up my own moves.

he stood up, his strength almost returned. one of the nearby payers cast repth on him, and he stood, ready to fight again. he charged.

"Metaslash!!" he screamed, as he jumped into the air.

his sword a blur, he spun on his way down. his sword sliced into the leg of the creature, right at the knee joint. the sword jammed, and was twisted free of the hard shell by Nighthand's own revolving force. when he hit the ground, he jumped again, rising at the same leg opposite the spot where he had first attacked. his slash had the same effect on the other side of the joint. then he continued on his upwards path, bouncing off a wall and flying over the creature.

he turned, looking at what his attack had done. the creature's hps were barely lessend, but that wasn't the poiun to this battle, it seemed. he did notice, however, a little hint of a limp begining to form in that leg. the spider seemed to try to avoid using the leg as much as the others.

and it was slightly slower, as well.

nighthand nodded to himself, satisfied that he had done a bit of damage. then he charged again, ready to do another metaslash on another leg...

Kaisamyuu

Post by Kaisamyuu » Fri May 16, 2003 10:29 pm

**Kaisamyuu stands, shaking himself off bit before his eyes regain focus. He looks out to the other warriors nearby, fighting the giant monster. He gave an annoyed look as he saw them fight. He hated himself for being killed. He was now missing all the action. All he could do is sit and watch. He turned in anger, forcing his fist into the nearby wall, cracking it on impact.**

"Damn it!"

((OOC: Not much you can do whenyou're dead. ))

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sat May 17, 2003 12:00 am

Gingitsune grinned as more and more people realized that the bulging belly of the spider was like a nice pin cushion, and that every prick sent the spider jumping and squealing.
She held up her wand and went for another hit, rolling quickly under the spider's many legs as she struck, trying not to become squashed by the enormous monster.
That arrogant smile on Melzas' lips was beginning to annoy her to the very core of her being, and she longed to take a good swipe at him, however she saw how powerful he was... And besides, her fight was with Royce, from the minute they had seen each other.

Another ducking attack, made Gingitsune roll towards the outer wall, the wind from the running spider driving her on until she struck it, and picked herself up slowly, how long could they hold this up? And would Melzas have anything to say about it?
Royce hadn't fought back much, but this guy looked like he would, he was arrogant and obnoxious, but strong anyway...

Gingitsune? Losing faith in your pitiful little team? What you lack in strength and strategy, I do suppose you make up for in utter stupidity. And I thought that you were strong, you handled my clone quite well, I'm disappointed... Perhaps we should duel, so that I can relieve you of this sad and pathetic team...
Gingitsune adopted a simliar sneer...
And what do I care if you're disappointed in me anyway? Not like I value your demented judgement either way, I think that you're the pitiful one, dear, employing senseless monsters to fight players that you don't even know? I don't know why you've even started this war game, explain.

Gingitsune readied herself to attack again, waiting for an answer from the hacker.

(ooc: woo! Tomorrow is AN day! I can't waiiiiiiiit! So I won't post tomorrow, I might get home late!)

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sat May 17, 2003 2:35 pm

Nighthand jumped again, performing another metaslash at a second leg of the spider.

when the manuever was completed, the spider was limping with two legs. he steadied himself, and prepared for another metaslash.

he rose up, spun down slashing, and jumped again on the joint. rebounding off the wall again, he landed on the side of the room where melzas was.

this time, he took notice, though the spider didn't.

"Not so fast, you pesky worm!" his eye flashed, and nighthand, who was about to jump, suddenly couldn't move. an instant later, he felt a shock of cold on his legs.

he looked down, only to find that his legs had been encased in ice, leaving him frozen in place.

he couldn't move.

"Help!!"

(ooc: I'm not sure, but i think the ice around my legs would break if heated a bit then struck with a sword, or some such.)
Last edited by Nighthand on Sat May 17, 2003 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Sat May 17, 2003 5:39 pm

Asgard fell short of the statue. He looked back up to the dragonhead to see Melzas still waving his hands, controlling the Reiketsu like a puppeteer. While moving his hands, he peered down at Asgard with a grin as slick as oil. Asgard, sword out and at his side, looked back at Melzas with half a smile.

"You hackers must know much about Nall and Gingitsune. What their tactics are, strengths, weaknesses, et cetera," Asgard started, "Yet, I bet you have no idea who I am, or in an extended case, WHO I was. So, hacker, come down here and step into the unknown."

OOC: I know it's short, but the brain is fried from the Matrix: Reloaded. On a side note, movie stated above = :O~~~~
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Sat May 17, 2003 11:39 pm

Kayin continued focusing on dodgin the attacks and looking for a good plan of attack. He watched the movements of everyone friend and foe.
Kayin shook his head often as he kept findinghimself at a lack for a plan of attack.

He was growing tired of thinking, very tired of it as his eyes caught Nighthand attacking the joint of the legs.
"Good enough..." he said as he ran to one of the legs.
I have just enough SP to make an attack, so he had better make it good he thought, as he moverd the sword down to his side, with the tip hanging just off the ground directly behind him. Kayin then charged faster and leaped at the joint with an upward slash. As the sword hit the joint it caused little injury to the giant spider, Melzas began to laugh at the seemingly futile attack of the heavyblade. But Kayin was still rising into the air, pivoting around the point where his sword had struck, he pushed with all his strength pushing the sword against the joint. The last glimpse of Kayin's face that Melzas caught a glimpse of was a smile he didn't like, as the heavyblade began to flip. As Kayin was flipping he moved the sword over his head and near his back. As he flip around to the upright position again he shouted "Death Bringer" and drove the sword down with all his strength, adding to the momentum of his empowered flip and gravity. As the sword collided with the joint tiny shards of ice exploded outwards. The first attack may have barely done any damage, but the main attack did several times more, but still not substantial damage against the creatures hit points. Having forgotten to think about how he was going to land or anything else for that matter Kayin fell backward from his own attack and hit the ground hard. He slowly got up and looked to see how well that attack actually worked.
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Sun May 18, 2003 7:14 am

Kurai watched as Nighthand's legs were encased in ice. He ran past the Reiketsu, well out of its reach, and stopped in front of him. Nighthand was trying to get his legs free, by use of his sword.

"Here. Ill do what i can to help." Kurai pulled his spear back, and struck the ice in a piercing motion. a small chip flew out, but it was holding fast. Kurai tried a few more times, as Nighthand did as well. It looked as if this ice was stronger than anything normal...

"Juk Rom!" Kurai touched his spear on the ice, and vines shot out from the end of Treeweaver. It dug into the magical freeze, and then started to expand. The ice cracked more and more, but then the spell finished. The vines died away, and was left, old and withered. Nighthand took his blade, and smashed the ice to bits, breaking free of his enclosure.

(OOC: i was bored, really... ill post a better post later.)
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Kaisamyuu

Post by Kaisamyuu » Sun May 18, 2003 7:08 pm

**Kaisamyuu looked around, seriously annoyed as he then realized there was no point in him really being here. He sat down against the wall, and watched boredly as everyone ran around like dancing fruit flies. He boredly tapped his finger on his knee as he looked around the room, trying to find something to do.**

"Yeah, this sucks..."

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Mon May 19, 2003 3:53 am

(ooc: arrg! I don't know what to write! My hubbie fell asleep so I can post now & I've got writer's block! Silly one year wedding anniversary! --yes folks, that's today... 18 May. *grins* Sorry... hadta say it! I'm so happy! ...okay... gonna try to write something now. *beams*)

Armina holds the ice chunk gingerly. The entire thing is slipery from melting under Ramza's FirePunch. Glancing around she sees Kaisamyuu's ghost sitting down against a wall... & feels like she's being watched too --& it's not a nice feeling at all.

"Ramza! We need to get out of site if we can! & bring Kais back into the fray! We should try for that wall over there! It might offer some protection!"

Ramza nods & they drag the slightly-smaller-than-human ice with them. Passing Kaisamyuu Armina uses her only Resurrect. "Do what you can Kaisamyuu! Every player counts!"

Now slightly hidden, she hopes, from the skeleton-hacker's gaze Armina takes up a relative guard position to keep Ramza safe as his SP replenishes. We need to finish melting the ice! We need to get that scroll free! "But once we do have it free what then should we use it on?"

Ranza looks at her, slightly shocked.

"I mean... should we use it on the Monster Reiketsu, to free Nall, or on Melzas -the SkeletonHacker- himself?"

(ooc: yeah! Kaisamyuu's not dead anymore! About time! *cheers*
Um... I'd rather a GM let us know when the spell gets loose so that we don't accidently upset the story progress. Just a thought.
I hope you're having fun at AN Gingi, Nall, & Raye! Sounds like fun!
I know I had fun this weekend... *blushes*)
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect