Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Kaisamyuu

Post by Kaisamyuu » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:51 am

((OOC: Yo, Rayo, we just killed the last slime, there were only two. Did everyone get all the water faeries? There were 5. Ging had killed the Water Titan and that should be it. ))

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:53 am

(OOC:we discussed this in a chatroom last night. we all tried to count what we had left, and most of us gave up. then we decided to agre on one slime left, the titan dead, and the fairie's dead. then rayo took out the last slime with our group attack, and now we are left waiting for nall. at least, that's what it seemed at the time.)

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:10 pm

Jumpingdown from her roost, hijinx surveys the group. "Not bad, but i think it would be eaiser to win if you work together just a bit more. But thats not important at all. Now what is important is what you think of my music. Well?" Putting away the shamisen she waits for the approval of the party. Whiloe waiting she wanders about the battlefield and searchs for anything that may be useful or of perticular interest.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:16 pm

Nighthand gives a pained look to Hijinx. he had thought that awful sound was some kind of hacked background battle music, or something. but the production of one of his own teammates? preposterous.

however, he liked to be as polite to his partners as often as possible, to avoid any kind of problems later. so...

"It was...Nice...Hijinx. nice..."

even that bit of civility strained him, however, so he turned and walked off to the edge of the platform, rejoining the rest of the group, waiting for them all to heal and move on.

Nall

Post by Nall » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:14 pm

The players looked up and decided to head on. Their goal was very close now, just two more platforms separated them from the one with the dragon statue. They crossed the bridge which was sturdy but many of the players looked down at the water which seemed much different now... Instead of it being calm like when they first got there, there was now whitecaps and it was pretty rough dispite the clear sunny weather of the area. The water seemed...angry. Once all the players got accross the bridge the bridge fell into the water. There was no turning back from this point and there was no going ahead either. They were stranded! The players decided there had to be some kind of way to get a bridge to get to the next platform like last time and the searched the area. Upon close inspection the players found buttons that were labeled with each letter of the alphabet. Once player steped on one and it shone for a sec and then the light dissapeared...
'Weird'
One of the players commented. One of the other players found another little inscription thing just like the last time.
'Hey everyone! Here's our clue I think:

I have an eye but I cannot see...
You should watch out for me when you're near the sea...
I can move up to 40 kilometres per hour...
And if you ever meet me you will fear my destructive power!

Maybe we have to step on the platforms to make a word of whatever this is talking about?'

The players scrutenized over the puzzle while thinking up ideas. Some players were lost but some had a good idea on what it could be. They began to exchange idea's and try to figure out the new problem set before them...

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:56 pm

Rayo looked down at the riddle. An idea dawned on him. "I've got it," he mumbled. He walked over and pressed the buttons, H, U, R, R, I, C, A, N, E. "It should work. The eye of a storm. It is powerful and should be feared. It could sweep us away if we did not hurry..." Rayo waits for something to happen.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Nall

Post by Nall » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:28 pm

The ground shook a little and then instead of a bridge appearing and stone rose up in the middle of the platform. It had a short inscription which read:

What is a clear aquamarine color...
usually found in liquid form...
needed to live...
and is sometimes called H2O...

The answer is obviously water right?
You might be thinking these riddles are getting easier not harder...
but lets try and fix it up a bit...

What is a clear aquamarine color...
usually found in liquid form...
has a mind but no body...
has no eyes but can see...
Lives but feels no pain...
and can take the form of whatever it wishes...

As soon as the players finnished reading this the stone exploded and a bridge appeared connecting them to the next platform. Some commented on the weird stone that was confusing to say the least. As the players crossed to the next platform the water below them was quite rough now... It was almost scary to look down. once the players got to the other side they were suprised to see nothing... Nothing was there and the bridge to the platform with the dragon head statue was there. Gingitsune began to feel uneasy... Somthing was tugging at her, trying to get into her mind. She took out the Mini Dragon statue she found. It was glowing very raidently and magnificently. Some players wanted to question her about it but she wouldn't answer anyone.

It's almost time Gingi... What will you do when you know the truth?

She shook her head to get rid of the voice. She ignored it as the group went forward. Some of the players were confused... Some were happy that they were almost done. Some however realized what was going on. It was all... too easy and whenever they have encountered this type of scenerio it spelled bad news for the team. They tried to be extra careful as they crossed the next bridge. But to their suprise, the statue was ungaurded and it didn't seem as if anything was around stopping them from achieving their goal. Until they tried to walk inside the mouth of the dragon head statue that is. There was a magical protective barrier blocking them from entering. They were confused, how were they supposed to get past the barrier to the key? Someone spoke up, they had found another riddle...

Among you there are many brave adventurers...
Each with their own special abilities and weapons...
To open this door you must each use your gifted ability...
Once all have shown it the path to your destiny will be opened...

Once again, another weird message. The players wern't sure on what they should do but at least it wasn't like the riddles they had before. It was more like it was telling them what to do. They pondered for a sec but some of them stepped up. Showing their best and most brillant abilities to try and break the magic seal...

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:40 pm

"Its easy, we should each attack with a different type of attack. Rayo you use GiRai Rom, I'll use Vak Kruz, Ruri you use Rai Don, Kodel you use Gan Zot, Nighthand you should use Calamity, Armina you use Juk Rom, Gingitsune use Dek Juka, and Kaisamyuu you should use Gan Zot, I think the idea is that we all have to hurt it with something different, that way it wont become immune to our attacks and its defence will be over taxed and took down" Vera said as everyone gave a nod and stepped into position as they waited "On the count of three" she said closing her eyes "1" she said lifting her wand "2" she said lifting it higher "3!" she yelled out as the attacks were unleashed in a melee of elements and attacks, as the smoke cleared they waited to see if Vera was right
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Nall

Post by Nall » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:48 pm

The smoke cleared and the hopful players faces droped. The barrier and statue was still in perfect condition! A voice rang through their heads.

Your strongest ability does not lie in your magics... What is it that makes you special and different from everyone else? Why are you strong enough to be in this group?

Kaisamyuu

Post by Kaisamyuu » Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:17 pm

**Kaisamyuu gently raised his eye brow upon hearing the voice. He quietly looked on both sides of him from the corners of his eyes. He pondered a bit about the question that had sounded in his head.**

"Strongest ability does not lie in magics....what makes me special and different from the others...and why am I strong enough to be in this group...?" He said very quietly to himself.

"Of course my strongest ability doesn't lie in magic, I'm not a wavemaster or anything. Hand to hand and blades are my thing. As for being special? Hell, I don't know. Maybe I'm the best at kicking ass or something. Why am I strong enough it asks...hmmm...Maybe I'm just battle ready," he again said to himself.

**His eyes followed up from the floor to the other group members, he then looked about him to see if he could find anything of interest or anything that could help.**

"Hmmm...."

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:52 pm

Nall as GM wrote: Among you there are many brave adventurers...
Each with their own special abilities and weapons...
To open this door you must each use your gifted ability...
Once all have shown it the path to your destiny will be opened...

Your strongest ability does not lie in your magics... What is it that makes you special and different from everyone else? Why are you strong enough to be in this group?
Why am I strong enough to be in this group? Armina muses to herself, quizzically studying the Dragon Statue. I’m only a decent LongArm, to be honest with myself. My tactics are miniscule if they even exist at all. Sure, I have spells – but any WaveMaster is better with spells than me. Besides, we were told it wasn’t in our magics. That’s only our game characters anyway. She sighs, feeling the effects full through her body. It's gotta be something about ourselves! That's the only thing left, right? So what is it that I offer my new friends? It isn’t my game playing abilities or my riddle solving -hah!- or my obvious total lack of hacker knowledge… I'm lucky I got the game up & running correctly when I bought it! The only thing I seem to do that’s good for the group is to keep trying no matter what! She chuckles to herself. I suppose I do try to lighten the mood… either by laughing or something silly or just plain having faith in Nall & Gingitsune… could it be that’s how I’m special? I suppose it could be…

The LongArm laughs tenaciously. “Maybe… maybe what I bring is laughter? Or something like that… I’m not overly good at anything besides trying to keep spirits up.”

She looks at the barrier, wondering how it would react. "Do we have to touch it, you think? Or is just realizing it enough?"
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:15 am

Gingitsune watched everyone cogitating the problem, the riddle was tricky, it forced each one of them to search themselves and find what they brought to the group, and for Gingitsune it seemed especially difficult.
She wasn't really much of a group-person, an introvert by nature, and whenever she was in a group her first urge was to either take over, or to rebel against the one in charge, because she loved to be difficult.

She swished her tail back and forth, watching the statue out of her wickeldly slanting eyes, her long nails tapping on her bare arm.
I suppose really, she said to herself absently, That the only thing that I bring into groups is a bit of conflict, and perhaps competition... I'm sly and ruthless, I like to battle, and I like to win even more...

She glanced over at Armina who was laughing as she studied the statue, she seemed to have figured her special trait out already, but that was easy- Gingitsune thought, Armina always cheers us up no matter what, and she's always kind to all of the beginners.
Gingitsune was not, on the other hand, she was the kind of person that scared other people for fun, ruthless little monster.

I see... she suddenly said to herself, My special ability is only what I have in me, there's nowhere deep to dig, my special ability is my personality. I don't do much for others, yet I'm in constant competition, I always try to be the best, and don't let anything get in my way. I'm sly and cunning, I always need to get my own way and my own say in things.

She shrugged as the thoughts churned in her head, and stepped towards the statue, saying in a soft yet forceful whisper- putting her hand out and touching the statue with her fingertips.

"My special ability is my competitiveness! My slyness! And my will to succeed no matter what!"

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:38 am

"So thats the trick" Vera said watching Gingitsune as she did what she did "Hmm, if not or attacking powers, then maybe the power that drives s, what w have inside" she said as she came up next to Gingitsune

"Hmm, what drives me, what is my special ability, I really don't have one, well maybe I do, its my spirit, my vengeful spirit that only wishes to avenge" she said turning towards the statue "I will get through this, for my sister"

Vera looked straight at the statue as her gaze seemed to pierce all"My special ability is my spirit! My Vengence! My Resistance!"
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Kodel
Elevated Player

Post by Kodel » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:38 am

What makes me special?

Nothing. My abilities and skills are sub par compared to the rest of the group, and I barely hold my own in combat. I may be smarter, and a little better at riddles, but I would shudder to call that my special ability…

What is my driving need?

Kodel sneered slightly. His driving need… It certainly wasn’t to save the World. He liked it, but it wasn’t something he was willing to place his life in jeopardy for.

It wasn’t his compatriots. He barely knew their characters names, much less their real names. He had a degree of faith in their abilities and their skills, because they had survived, and had even apparently prospered despite these hellish conditions.

His driving need was simpler and far less noble… vengeance. He had come here solely on the sheer hope that this Nall could give him, or at least lead him, to the man who did this to him. His only prevalent goal, aside from staying alive, was too see the Man in Black dead at his feet. He knew the freak was the cause of his coma. Where and when and how it had happened… he still could not draw those memories to the surface. Indeed, some part of him whispered that he wouldn’t enjoy reliving that experience.

That was what he hated the most about this situation. The profound emptiness he felt. He hated eaten, drank, or even slept, in almost 20 hours. He was stuck here in this vague half-dead illusion, still fighting to hold on to what little existence he still had.

My existence.

That was it. His special trait. His driving need. The unbending will to stay alive, to put one foot in front of the other and draw his sword when needed.

To stay alive.

To keep those around him alive.

To keep those around him alive so they could help him stay alive.

Incredibly utilitarian and heartless, he thought bitterly. But I guess it will have to do.

He stepped forward and placed his hand on the surface of the barrier. Despite the slight looks of pain on the other party member’s faces, he didn’t feel anything. The barrier was… cold… and slick, like the surface of ice.

“My weapon…” he said quietly “Is the simplicity of my vision.”

He pushed, the barrier slowly growing warm to his touch.
"Goodness for the most part is an illusion... Little fables people tell themselves so they can get through their days without screaming to much."
Kodel | Level 20 | Blademaster | 45000 Gold | Pheonix Wing | Thunder Armor, Silver Bracer, Time Headband, Safety Shoes, losta items and some scrolls | Ani Slash, Ani Revolver, Ap Ganz, Ap Corv, Ap Do. Gan Zot, Rai Rom

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:44 am

Rayo decided that this would require some serious thought. He lowered himself and sat on the platform. He needed to figure out his inner trait that basically, made him useful. Maybe it had something to do with when he joined them. He had spoken to Nall shortly before he had arrived. Nall had made it sound almost as if they were here to save the world in the ways he was talking. He never said it directly but Rayo believes that is what he meant. That did nothing to help Rayo. He was not here to save the world. Was he here to save everyone, certainly not. He was here for a few simple reasons. He was in a coma. He ha dto get out of that coma. He had friends here who in comas. There were some people he wanted to help but certainly not everyone. That brought him to a dead end. Some of the party approached the statue. How could it be so easy for some? This was figuring out themselves. how could they handle that task so quickly. Rayo reevaluated his thought. Maybe it was not as much as a task for them. Maybe they understood themselves better or wanted to. Maybe Rayo did not have some special quality to contribute. He could just be someone who sapped the team of strength and drained them of their time and energy. Maybe he would not be able to assist here either. Perhaps he was useless. What was unique to his character. Powerful lightning spells came to mind. But this was not a matter of physical qualities. These were qualities of the mind. Rayo most definately had strategic value and planning. Maybe he did not have the spirit to help though. It was possible, even likely. Then a terrible thought came to his mind. He saw some with him he would consider friends. Ruri for one. If he did not have success, would she be doomed as well? And what of his other friends? Tokki was obviously stuck in the world. Perhaps Zavier or Wanderer were as well. He could rule nothing out. Everyone had to give in something for the group to move on, if everyone did not, they would fail. If they needed to come here to save the world he could ruin it. It was too late to go back. If they failed though...the world could not be saved. And if the world was not saved...his friends would be lost. He only had one option. He had to break off the weak links in the chain of the group. Only then they could move on. Rayo got up and walked away from the group. He lifted his wand to the sky and performed his spell Rai Don. A bolt of thunder surged from the sky and hurled into Rayo. Still standing he began to cast again. The only way the group would be able to advance is if he was gone. If he was gone they would perservere. Rayo awaited the next bolt knowing more would come.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty