Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:30 pm

(OOC: sorry about this post, but i wanted us to keep up with the other group. that way nall doesn't have to work as hard. anyway...)

Nighthand left his idle position to attack the final fearie. his ap do was still on, just a little bit, so he had the speed he needed to hit the already weakened creature. hie jumped in the air, ready to slash it as he fell. his cape billowed out behind him, his hair slipping from it's usually tied-back position.

his came down, like a guillotine blade. his sword was about to strike...

but the faerie moved, circling around behind him. expecting an impact, he landed funny, stumbling. he slipped, and tumbled for the edge of the platform. he could see, inches from his face, the water lapping the side of the platform. i rolled over, dodging the water spell the faerie had cast as it dodged. his cape tore loose, caught on the chunk of ice the rell where he just was. torn loose from his character, it dissolved into random bits of data. as he rolled, his hair touched the water below.

his head suddenly was shocked through with a cold numbness, emenating from the roots of his hair. he jumped to his feet, realizing that it was the contact with the water that had done it. immediatly, the coldness faded, and he jumped for the faerie. he didn't try a flash move this time, opting for a simple swing. he baseballed the faerie backwards, where kodel caught it with a swing of his own. it's hps depleted, it dissolved.

he was about to thank kodel again, but noticed that he was being stared at. hi looked behind him, but nothing was there.
"You're hair..." he heard a player mutter.

nighthand stopped, and ran his hand through his hair. it slipped from his grasp sooner than he expected. his hair was shorter.

what the...how did this happen? oh. it must have been the water. huh. he pulled a handful of strands in from of him for a closer look.

his once lustrious long black hair was now a shocking shade of silver.

damn water. looks like even a passing touch it more dangerous than i had expected. better watch out next time.

he let his hiar fall. it hung loosly on his head, free of any kind of binding. he moved to the center of the platform, where the rest of the party was gathering, preparing to proceed.

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:59 pm

(ooc: oh you guys :x ! don't give me a bad reputation, I really don't mind, I was busy last night and couldn't get on, I don't mind at all Kodel :D)

Gingitsune stood calmly with her group, she hadn't done much but Miu Lei during the fight, but she knew that this was just the first step, and things would just get harder with each passing step... Gingi's middle name was Challenge, or perhaps Magda.
The team seemed to be ready to go, the monsters had all been killed, and Gingi was getting restless.
The little dragon statuette in her pack began to get heavier for her, and as she peeked in to check on it, she noticed it was glowing slightly in a beautiful pale blue way.
She tried not to giggle at Nighthand's little... problem, and turned to face the rest of the group, hitting a member randomly in the back with her Dark History to motion to them to get on with it, and continue.
Ruri turned around surprised and looked at her, and Gingi just grinned amicably and shrugged her shoulders lightly, her tail swishing back and forth playfully as they started off again.

She mused softly to herself, I wonder if this'll be just like the other battles we've experienced? she had learned to predict them slightly, if this was going to be typical, at first there would be a few easy rounds of monsters, finishing off with a hacker confrontation and a boss monster.
Which hacker will it be this time?[/i[ She half hoped for Royce, the Dark History ached for a big confrontation like that, a good fight, and she still had a bone to pick with the hacker girl.

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:18 pm

Vera continued to walk as her eyes became out of focus as she looked around hearing something in her head "Vera, you can't hide forever, remember, I'm always controlling you!" the voice said as Vera felt herself weak all of a sudden as she laid down "Time for another, addition, unless your willing to give in"

"No, just leave me be" Vera said as everyone turned to her giving an odd look

"Fine, then enjoy" The voice said as Vera started to spit up blood, as tears feel from her eyes as she spit up more blood.

"I'm fine" Vera said to everyone with her head as she stopped spitting up blood "Just a little sore" she said as Ruri came to her

"Look up at me" Ruri said as Vera lifted her head up "Ohh, my god" she said looking at what had happened

"Like, I said, I'm fine, it didn't hurt, much" Vera said wipping the blood from her mouth again "Anyway, what good are the ears and tail, if I don't have the eyes and teeth" she said trying to lighten the mood as they continued on "I bet Rayo is glad he didn't have to save me, that she didn't show up this time, maybe she got a brain and decided she'd be slaughtered" she said as Rayo turned to her and turned away

ooc: sorry, I'm at school and no English, so I need to get out some of my creativity
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Nall

Post by Nall » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:43 pm

The players stood there. Exhausted but proud that they handled the battle so well. Their fighting skills have increased and there seemed to be a new sense of themselves throughout the group. The traverssed across the next bridge. This one was much sturdier and held the group easily. Once they got to the next plat form there was no portal but there was also no bridge connecting to the nect closest platform...
'Well this is... Odd'
Came a voice from within the group. How were they supposed to cross without a bridge? They noticed four switches though, one north, east south and west. The group pondered on what their next course of action would be when someone else spoke up.
'There's somthing written on a stone here! it says:

You are one yet not the same...
You are together yet alone...
What one may see, the other may too...
But the way you see them, will be a game...
The clue for one is East, South, North and West...
The clue for the other is West, North, South and East...
The trick to this clue is in the way you are facing...
One is going north...
One is going south...
Which is which you ask?
Find that out yourself!

The group was indeed confused at the writings on the stone. They decided to put their heads together and try and figure out the weird puzzle that has been set out for them.

(OOC: You can't assume somthing but you can ask about your surroundings if you think it will help to solve the clue and I will make a short post on what you see! ^^)

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:17 pm

"Well...great....just dandy....we have a puzzle to slove." Ruri grumbled, crossing her arms. Ruri looked at everyone else, hoping some one would get it, but they were just as stumped as her. Ruri gave a sigh and looked at Vera, still worried about what happened to her before. She saw on Vera's face a look of bewilderment and confusion. Ruri gave a small sad look and then streched a bit while thinking what to do or how to slove this stupid riddle. Ruri looked up a bit and decided to look at the surroundings to see if there was a clue hidden about.

Kodel
Elevated Player

Post by Kodel » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:41 pm

OOC: Is there anything stenciled or drawn on the platform itself?
"Goodness for the most part is an illusion... Little fables people tell themselves so they can get through their days without screaming to much."
Kodel | Level 20 | Blademaster | 45000 Gold | Pheonix Wing | Thunder Armor, Silver Bracer, Time Headband, Safety Shoes, losta items and some scrolls | Ani Slash, Ani Revolver, Ap Ganz, Ap Corv, Ap Do. Gan Zot, Rai Rom

Nall

Post by Nall » Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:59 pm

(OOC: nope ^^; nothing on the platform hehehe)

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:33 am

ooc:Are any images being reflected on the water other than the players?
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Nall

Post by Nall » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:38 am

(OOC: the water reflects nothing out of the ordinary hehehe)

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:34 am

ooc:is there any odd looking statues or buildings about that might give off a hint?

Kodel
Elevated Player

Post by Kodel » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:48 am

Kodel’s eyes fluttered shut. His compatriots began to argue amongst themselves about the nature of the riddle, as he slowly walked to the center of the platform. He sat down looking at the dragon statue, and pointed at each lever in turn, giving it an arbitrary direction so he could work through the riddle, naming the lever directly in line with the dragon statue as north.

Suddenly he stood, walking over to the edge of the platform, sticking his head over the side, trying to again ignore the vertigo of looking down into the endless sea that stretched out below them

“What are you doing? Are you out of your mind?!?” he heard someone ask from behind him.

He ignored the speaker, walking to another edge of the platform, running his hand across the stone exterior. After checking all four sides of the platform like this, he stood and rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

He then turned and walked back to the center of the platform. He got more than a few quizzical looks as he suddenly drew his sword and drove it into the ground. Then he sat down again, staring at the platform just in front of the blade.

Everyone else in his party was silent for a few moments, before someone spoke up again.

“Uh, Kodel… you’re kinda freaking us out. Can you please tell us what you’re doing?”

“The directions are currently arbitrary, so I’ll explain. The only two options for an answer are East, South, North, West; or West, North, South, East. The answer is dependent on which direction you take to be north.”

He turned, pointing at the lever directly in line with the Dragon Statue. “Lets say that’s north. Now there are only two solutions.”

Nighthand grinned “So that means we only have… what? Eight possible answers? That shouldn’t take long.”

Kodel shook his head “I’m not sure about you, but I’d rather not find out the… penalty... for a wrong answer in this place.”

That cast a pall over the group. Kodel drew another breath. “So, now that we know that, there is still the first part of the riddle. You are one yet not the same, you are together yet alone. Ignoring all the existentionalism about that, the only situation when that occurs is when you’re looking at your reflection in something, or somehow your looking in two directions at once, like if you were standing back to back with yourself.”

He stood, pointing “So… looking north, I’ll take ESNW.” He turned around “And looking south, those same directions are the WNSE. The two same clues on the stone. They are the same depending on which way you think is north”

“But we still don’t know which way is north…”

He nodded, moving back over to the sword “That’s why I looked over the edges. Moss always grows on the northern surface of an object in any environment, but there is no moss, so my blade will tell us. If the sun on this field moves east to west, like our sun, the shadow should be shorter… and it is. So that way.” He said, pointing at the Dragon Statue again “Is indeed north.”

He started to walk to the western lever when Nighthand spoke up again “But wait a sec, you still have two possible answers! The looking north/looking south thing works for both ESNW and WNSE. How do you know which one is right?”

Kodel shook his head “But now we know which way is north, so the directions are no longer arbitrary. Even if I look south, I can point west and think its east, but its still west. So the answer must be West, North, South, East."
[/b]
"Goodness for the most part is an illusion... Little fables people tell themselves so they can get through their days without screaming to much."
Kodel | Level 20 | Blademaster | 45000 Gold | Pheonix Wing | Thunder Armor, Silver Bracer, Time Headband, Safety Shoes, losta items and some scrolls | Ani Slash, Ani Revolver, Ap Ganz, Ap Corv, Ap Do. Gan Zot, Rai Rom

Nall

Post by Nall » Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:22 am

Suddenly at the hitting of the switches a bridge formed out of nowhere. The players were amazed at Kodels intelligent solution. The players traveled across the bridge, on the other side they saw a magic portal. Once the group got to the other side it activated and the players got read to fight. With a blinding flash it opened and revealed... A chest. The players were quite amazed since this was the first time since most of them entered the world that a magic portal revealed a chest instead of a monster. The players walked up and opened it.

Everyone + 2 Restorative!

The players felt a little cheaten at the lame rewards but they took them and went on. The next bridge lead to a large platform. It too had a magic portal. They were getting a little anxious, they were already very close to the dragon statue. Once the players were accross, the portal oppened. This time there were monsters, and they didn't look too nice. 2 blue slimes, 5 water Faeries and 1 water Titan. It didn't appear as is this battle was going to be any harder then the last. Some of the experienced players were beggining to wonder though, there has never been an adventure yet without a super huge obstacle placed by the hackers to stop them from achieving their goal. What would it be this time? They didn't know but they had to focus on the task at hand. Getting rid of these monsters as fast, and as skillfully as possible.

Kaisamyuu

Post by Kaisamyuu » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:22 am

(( OOC: Sorry about not being on lately, I haven't been in town. I'm not suppose to be on right now, it's 4 am, so this is going to be kinda short.))

**Kaisamyuu quickly moved his hand to his blade behind him very quickly. In a quick flash, the blade's handle as being gripped tightly. He quickly aligned himself with an enemy, a water faerie. He moved in for the kill in a dash, but the enemy simply sped to the right of him. He gritted his teeth a bit then did the same, trying to keep moving as the monster readied for an attack. As he saw the thing's hands move, this signally for an attack, he quickly sped back from it, stepping out of the range of the faerie.**

((OOC: Damn, I just got caught...))

**As soon as the monster's arms had began to fall, this being the pause in between attacks, Kaisamyuu had gone in once again. Stopping right in the Water Faerie's face, Kaisamyuu pulled his blade up between the legs of it. The blade was glowing faintly before, Kaisamyuu was attacking with a Calamity. The blade, however, did not do much, damage. His attack and effort barely knocked any of the life points from the monster away. His blade had bounced off it's surface like a bullet hitting a steel wall. He growled a bit under his breath as he jumped back, barely missing a right hand from the monster. But, as he was doing this, one of the other faeries had gotten behind him. The monster had been fighting Ruri and it had backed up away, into Kaisamyuu. The faerie's hand sliced hard and jagged into his back, Kaisamyuu stumbling fowards as gave out a small cry. He didn't focus on the pain for long as he dashed over into a corner, a good ways away from the enemies. They had reverted their attention to the other players as Kaisamyuu put his blade away. He removed his glove and moved his hand to his back. He felt the his moist, ripped back before flenching a bit. He coughed and quickly casted Repth.**

"REPTH!"

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:47 pm

Nighthand ran to the titan, about to try the same thing he had last time.

"Rayo! Ap Do on me!" rayo again cast the spell. Nighthand felt his body speed up, and he ran around to the other side, as a now silver blur. once he was in range, he slashed at one of the faeries. it dodged, but the point wasn't to attack it.

He ran back to the titan.
"This had better work." he jumped into the air, and came down with his blade across the chestplate of the titan. it countered with a slash, but in his heightened state he was able to dodge. it slashed again, and he jumped, landing on the creature's blade. he ran up it...

and ran right into the creature's hugh fist.

the force of the blow stunned nighthand, leaving him vulnerable. this sin't supposed to happen. he thought to himself, as the titan backhanded him into one of the slimes.

it was as if the creature was the same one as before, and it remembered what had happened last time. obviously, the same strategy wouldn't work again.

landing from the swing, nighthand regained enough of himself to dive out of the way of another sword strike. his hps were low, about half of the total. he quickly drank a health drink, and was back.

he ran back, warning the other players of the creature's memory.

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:56 pm

"oi...this isn't going to be easy. Gr...why don't these stupid monsters just leave us alone! >.<" Ruri took out a Mage's soul to replenish her sp.By the time Ruri finished using a Mage's Soul. A water fairy grabbed her and held her down as another came by to strike her with a water attack. "Oh no you don't!" Ruri used her wand and smacked the water fairy holding her and ducked letting the water fairy take the other fairy's attack.

Ruri did a small dodge roll, enough to get away from them a bit and then gave a sigh of relief. She saw the 2 faeries coming again and ducked rather quickly, barely missing them. Ruri turned around and saw this time just one coming at her. This time Ruri was ready. She used her wand like a baseball bat and soon as the fairy came to her she hit the fairy hard into nighthand by accident.

Ruri's eyes widen and wanted to say she was sorry for that, but the other water fairy came. She jumped up and then saw the other fairy going to attack nighthand. Ruri pointed her wand and shouted out Rai Don. The water Fairy got zapped and turn towards Ruri, going to attack her again. Ruri went into a crotching position and waited for this one to come.

The fairy came at her blasting her water attack. Ruri kepted croching seeing it kept missing. Ruri rolled her eyes and jumped up, as if riding the fairy. The fairy bucked and kick trying to get Ruri off. Turned her head, while holding on to the fairy, seeing its partner come. Ruri grew a grin and jumped off the fairy, letting its partner attack and run into it. Both faeries fell to the ground unconcious for a little bit. Both of them shook their heads and looked at Ruri angerly.

Ruri knew now she was in deep trouble. Both faeries we're coming from both directions. Ruri knew she couldn't fend them both off at the same time like this. "Ruri, you shouldn't go against 2 faeries by yourself!" Vera said coming to her aid. Vera used her wand and smacked one of the fairy's hard in the head as Ruri hit the other away. "Where were you?" Ruri asked. "Day dreaming you can say, sorry!"Vera said. "Its ok."Ruri said standing back to back with her.