Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:55 pm

Nighthand gasped at nalls first attack, and when he was struck, he didn't even try to stand. it seemed that faking deasth would be a good idea for a while...

however, he did pull a health drink out of his inventory and healed himself. he felt the effects of rayo's ap do on him, but even with enhanced perceptions, he could barely keep track of nall's movements. he knew he was helpless, and couldn't do a thing about it.

he rolled to a crouching position, ready to spring out of the way if nall came near, but intently watched the hacker. there wasn't much he could do at he moment, but still he watched, waiting for some idea or opportunity to arise. he contemplated the situation.

wait... the key! did they ever get the key nall had sent them to get? he looked around frantically, hoping that the dragon statue was nearby, and maybe he could make a dash for it...

(OOC: nall, is it nearby, or would i just die trying to get past you and the hacker to get to it?)

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:02 am

Vera smiled as she atempted to run her tongue along the hackers cheek "You know what, forget them, someone as strong and sexy as you shouldn't have to dirty yourself, I'm sorry for trying to fight you, I was worried" she said running her head along his image "I'm just so lonely and afriad, could you protect me, please with someone as strong as you around, I'll be safe" she said putting her hands into cat paw formation as she brought the closer to her face "Just protect me from that mean Blade Master, I'm afriad he will hurt me, a lot." she said as she stared into the hackers eyes "Please Kuja, let me be your little kitty, meow."

Ruri, Tokki and Rayo stood there surprised at what they had seen, Vera flirting with the enemy "Are you INSANE!" Ruri yelled at her as she kept herself from Nall

"Your being very stupid Vera!" Tokki yelled out as Rayo just raised an eye brow and kept fighting again

"Shut up!, I know who I want to be with, who can protect me no matter what" Vera said smiling at the hacker

ooc: lol..its not what you think it is
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:21 am

Kurai held out his hands, the Treeweaver brightening in color. When dormant, it seemed to be a woody brown. It was now alive, a brilliant green, teeming with life. Kurai waited for a chance to attack Nall. He watched as He fought against Tokki, and luckily the Hunter's Bane was doing its job. Kurai then had an idea: He had the opposite of that was casted upon him! Kurai grinned, and he pulled out a Hunter's Blood. He drank the concoction, and felt his accuracy increase. He then saw his opening.

Nall had put his back to Kurai. From that angle, he couldn't see him advancing. Kurai ran forward, still feeling the effects of Ap Do in his blood. He spun the Treeweaver in his hand, and pointed it at Nall. "NALL!!!!!" Kurai bellowed, "TIME TO FIGHT!!!"

Kurai crouched low, and leaped into the air. He pointed the Treeweaver down at Nall, as he turned around to face him. It seemed like time slowed down as Nall moved. The few seconds in the air felt ike minutes. Kurai stared hard into Nall's eyes, searching for the person they all once knew...

A loud clang was heard, as Kurai hit the ground, and rolled into a somersault, looking behind him. Nall and Kurai's weapons hit, and they both evaded damage. Kurai stood to his feet, and faced Nall. Nall ran forward, away from Tokki. Kurai was glad to give her a few seconds break, but he also hoped she would come his direction now, and hopefully Overwhelm Nall enough to take down his hit points...

Nall dashed forward, and Kurai prepared his spear for an attack. Nall prepared to swing, and Kurai, using the reach of the Treeweaver, swung first. Nall changed his direction, and leaped into the air, swinging his blade at Kurai. It caught him in the shoulder, and Kurai stumbled back. Nall landed behind him, and spun around, kicking Kurai before he had a chance to react. Kurai stumbled forward, amazed at Nall's speed. It couldn't be matched. He spun around, to see Tokki already by his side. They both stared at their target, and ran forward, their weapons pointed at his neck.

Kurai and Tokki both came at Nall, and he only smiled. all three of them were using the effects of Ap Do. However, The two vs. Nall were still very slow, and they all knew that. Tokki, leaped forward, somersaulting in the air above Nall, swinging her Glaive as she flew above him. Kurai went low, to catch Nall in the stomach. Nall sidestepped, and brought his new fiery sword in a blocking position to meet Kurai's attack. Kurai hopped back a step, and Tokki started an attack from behind. She stabbed at the back of Nall's head, but he turned to face her just in time to dodge the attack. He countered with a swing of his blade, and only by millimeters, it missed Tokki's face. Kurai leapt forward, ready once again for the attack. "Juk Doom!"

Nall once again faced off against Kurai, trying to block the multiple attacks. His speed once again made Kurai feel like he was slowed down to a snail's pace. He watched for what seemed to be like minutes, as Nall easily dodged the first swipe across the chest. The second swing from the face to the toes was also easily blocked. Just then Tokki stabbed toward Nall, as well. It seemed to be luck that Nall dodged the attack, but his attention also went to the tip of her Glaive, as it narrowly missed his midsection. Kurai's third strike stabbed deep into Nall's left shoulder, and the Treeweaver started to glow as it struck. A few sprouts grew on both the spear and out of Nall's wound, as the Magical elements took form. Nall didnt even seem to wince.
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:47 am

The fight was deteriorating for his side. Nall had become even faster than before and continued to cause havoc. His earlier assault on Kuja had been delayed first by his sp drain and then Vera was too close for him to attack without hurting her as well. Kuja was fading through all close range moves now. Rayo had been circling behind the hacker during all of this. Hopefully Vera was not betraying them but that was not important. Her change did little to shift the battle. Nall was the only driving force. Kuja sat there like a couch potatoe and Vera by his side. Certainly it seemed like the hacker could not be hurt but there were a million ways to find out for sure. Rayo tapped his wand on the ground and saw the spot where the Hacker was sitting disperse. Strange as it was, the hacker did move slightly but was unharmed yet again. he was like the hacked energizer bunny, so was Nall though. he was slashing through all of them on his own. Rayo decided to continue until he ran out of options, or had he already? He was attacking someone who had yet to show any sign of fatigue. He adjusted his wand of storms and brought his mightiest spell to bear. "GiRai Rom!" Several bolts landed on Kuja. Another managed to miss and hit the ground. Dust from the blast blocked Rayo's vision. As the dust cleared he saw the hacker he was despising. "No one is invincible, no one...I'll stop him, eventually. I just need to live long enough to figure it out." Kuja seemed to be ignoring him entirely. His attacks and presence did not seem to dawn on Kuja. Rayo performed a Ap Do on himself and began to dash. His feet skipped on and off the ground. As he approaching Kuja he darted into him. Rayo stopped mid hop. He aligned himself with Kuja. "Kuja, if everything passes through you," Rayo said nonchalantly as his eyes narrowed and a thin sly grin crept onto his face. "What happens when something stays in you? Can't be too good for you can it. We are both occupying the same space for an extended amount of time. that can't be good for you." As Rayo spoke he gasped for breath. He was loosing air. Kuja was taking in the air first, being on the outer part. that left Rayo with very little air. rayo considered leaving his stance but declined. He had to keep this going, and live long enough to see if it worked.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:48 am

Gingitsune turned away from the battle, flipping easily back on her heel, and walking to the far side of the room.
The battle was beginning to make her quite uneasy, and besides, the solution to the problem didn't seem to lie in fighting Nall at all- no one seemed to be getting anywhere in defeating him at all, and if they did? There would still be Kuja.
Kuja...
He didn't seem very powerful at all, Gingitsune scoffed, what kind of powerful man would hide behind a trenchcoat anyway?
He didn't seem the type that made the plans, he seemed more the type that carried them out.
Her uneasiness grew as she turned about the room, each of her teammates seemed to have a different plan for what had to be done, and yet none of them were effectual.
Gingitsune shrugged her shoulders, and turned her back on it all.
Someone is watching me... she whispered to herself, she could sense it, small air vibrations that whistled past her, the prickling hairs at the back of her neck.
There was someone else there as well. Someone that was not Kuja, nor Nall.

Gingitsune hated that, riddles in the dark, she had hated hide and go seek with a passion since she had been a small child, she hated being looked for, and looking for someone else, and she always felt that someone was watching her when she was most vulnerable, watching her back... and not in a good way.
Her breathing became quicker, the vibrations in the air were more intense now, as if whoever it was had begun to move... or perhaps... laugh?

Gingi hummed under her breath, keeping herself calm and perfectly collected, she was no coward, but whatever was hiding was no randomly placed fly buzzing on the wall either- it was something ominous.

Kuja saw her leaving, and saw her keen eyes glancing around the room suspiciously, his eyes narrowed and he entered her mind once more.

Oh where are you going my cowardly fox? Are you looking for an escape? Come over here and I'll give you a quick one! I've heard some nice nice things about you from the others, and now they all seem like lies lies, I'm devastated! Melzas said he almost beat you with some poison, but how strong you must have been! I would love to beat you now, my flower, how about it? Come over here to Kuja?

Gingitsune laughed histerically, Oh, so? I have found a lead haven't I? So now I need to be distracted, n'est ce pas? Flattery will really get you nowhere, atleast when I know it's not sincere! I'm not a flower, and thank you I am powerful, powerful enough- atleast- to see through your petty lies and little flatteries. Your little battle, is it a decoy too? Or is it something more? I'm quite determined to find ouuuuuut, so now, if you'll excuse me, either come and stop me, or let me be! Gingi ended the message with a flourish, slanting her eyes maliciously at Kuja and then turning back to her task.

"OHAYO!" her call rang through the room, but produced no notice from the people in the battle, though Kuja winced sharply.
"OHAYO cowardly creature sitting in the rafters spying on the fox, little chicken little chicken, do come out and see the lovely way the fox's sharp teeth sparkle in the lovely twilight! Come out come out whoever you are!"

The yelling produced no results, as if no one was there after all, but Gingi had her suspicions.
She saw some of the members of the team eyeing her curiously.
She knew they wanted her help in the battle, and she shot them a toothy grin, she'd help them when her time came, and her inspiration.
For now she stood where she was, violet-eyes flickering from corner to corner like a hungry fox spying on a plump little bird it fancies for it's supper.

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:56 am

The battle continued, in a furry of each players skills being matched out to their fullest. Argilus, still laying on the edge of the platform, lifeless, and silent could only see straight down. His vision blurred and he watched as the endless bit of twinkled blue patterns of light beamed down into the pitch-black shadows of the void. His arm laid dangling off the platform, strain began to pressure at the pit of his arm, as the blood was beginning to clog there.
His thoughts were slow and in question. Had he any purpose there? These people were fighting to save each other and themselves. Did Argilus really need to be there? He wasn’t fighting to save them, nor was he fighting for himself. He joined “The World” to get away from reality, for whatever his life was, he got away from it there. Now, “The World” was turning in to a hassle, and he didn’t want to become a part of it anymore.

Arrghh!” He groaned. “Should have taken that healing potion when I had the chance…made a stupid mistake in giving it to Kurai. Sometimes….I’m...I’m to nice.” He muttered. His strength hadn’t returned, and he was beginning to hear more of the clanging as Nall and the other players kept fighting. He wobbled a bit as he came to his feet. The blood rushing to his head, made him dizzy, and the constant fact he was almost dead had part in it as well.

Suddenly he noticed something at the edge of the plat-form; someone was hanging there, and with one hand. Curious to who it was, he limped over to the edge, it was Kodel. The Bladesmaster was looking up wondering who had casted down the shadow upon him. The light from above had shown brightly around Argilus, giving him a dark inner image. Kodel squinted his eyes, trying to see who it was, but at that moment, the player reached down offering his hand. Kodel grabbed his hand, and with in seconds Kodel was standing once again on the plat form. Argilus, breathing heavily, was sitting on the ground. His life was slowly gaining numbers but he was only near 11%. His body was flashing red, and he looked like someone had ripped the pure pride right out of him. He was lost, and he was unsure to keep going.

I’m sorry, but I have no more to give. I would keep going but, I find nothing to matter anymore.” Argilus spoke. It would seem to pitiful to hear this from Argilus. If the earlier Argilus heard this, he would of felt no shame, and slapped this sad looking character off the platform, and not wasted anytime in feeling sorry for himself. Maybe not even helping Kodel either, but he did.
I'll be there by your side
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Nall

Post by Nall » Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:33 am

(OOC: You guys are on a totally different platform so you can't get to the dragon statues :D)

Nall stumbled back a bit overwhelmed by the two long arms. Even with his speed he could not fend off a ferocious attack like that. However even though Nall was hit he showed no signs of pain. From that attack, the one from kodel and the one from asgard his hitpoints we're actually at half though. The players began to wonder if Nall would ever show signs of being hurt. The two fighters came at him again along with Ramza that was trying to attack him with magic. Kurai noticed that having the wavemasters attack while they were would increase the chances to hit him but it would also give Nall an opening to make the players attacks hit each other. They fought back and forth, Tokki's Glaive just barely missing him and Kurai's treeweaver the same. Nall was also dodging Ramza's Rai don and MeAni Kruz. They were quite suprised to see Nall move like he did, but the ferocity of the attacks caught up with him. Nall jumped to evade a move and landed on the wrong foot. He couldn't dodge the way needed to evade Tokki's Glaive. It dug into his stomach as blood splashed out over the two long arms. Nall jumped back he still didn't seem to be in pain but he spit up blood onto the ground. His hitpoints were getting lower. Dispite this Nall still didn't use Ola Repth, it was like this was a battle to the death without recovering.

Meanwhile Vera was trying her own techniques on the hacker.
"Please Kuja, let me be your little kitty, meow."
Vera said in a very innocent voice. Kuja looked down upon Vera and she thought she could see just a bit of blushing under his Robe. Kuja began to move his hands up but then stopped suddenly like he just remembered somthing.
'Hahaha... You can try and seduce me all you want but I will not be swayed. I wont stop you from trying your hardest though.'
Vera could see that Kuja had lost his concentration of the battle however. Even though it would be very difficult to actually trick him into getting out of his cloak at least his attention was drawn away from the fight.

Nall was hit once again by Kurai's treeweaver after a very long relentless attack by them and some others. Nall was very badly hurt, though still he showed no emotion. Everyone knew however his hp was low. He had about 35% of his health left but showed no signs of letting up.
Gingitsune was spying around. She knew in her heart there was somthing else out there even if she could not see it. She had learned many times since she had begun the hunt for these hackers that there were many things that could not be seen yet they were real. The light from the sun shone brightly into Gingitsunes eyes. It was as if the sun was directing it's light all on her. She felt a tug at her heart and she took out the little dragon statue. It wasn't glowing blue anymore. Now it was glowing a scarlet red as if showing Nalls pain. She put the statue away and as soon as she did she felt a cool slimy surface rub over her body. She quickly looked down and picked up her staff but she was too late. A large snake had wrapped itself around Gingitsune and squeezed tightly upon her. She fell to the ground still wrapped in the snake.

'Hahahaha! My my Gingitsune... You have grown so much stronger then last time we met!'
Gingitsunes eyes went cold as she gritted her teeth in anger.
'I knew you were behind this! But why do you hide? Let your little lacky pretend he's all big?'
The snake hissed.
'He is not a lacky... He is quite sad but he is one of our elites. Hahaha, I find it quite amusing though that you would think like that! But you will see soon enough that Kuja has his tricks.'
The snakes toungue licked Gingitsunes face. She spitted and tried to bit the snake.
'You're just a coward! Why don't you let me go and fight a real battle Royce!'
The snake uncoiled and moved away from Gingitsune. Gingitsune stood up as the snake transformed into the it's real form, Royce.
'Hahaha! While in a real battle against me you would be crushed I don't want to dampen your spirits... I'll fight you but I will not use my special ability. If you are a challenge enough to distract me from my deep concentration thats keeping Nall under my power then he will be freed! However Nall too must be at critical damage to be released! If he has anymore hp then 5 he wont be able to break free of my spell! You'd better hope your friends can mortally wound him without killing him!'

Gingitsune looked around for a moment. None of the players had noticed her at all it seemed. Not her being tied up by the snake and not now facing off against Royce and they continued to attack Nall...
'Hahaha! I know what you are thinking Gingitsune, why do they not care for you? While it would be fun to make you think they hate you I wont lie. I places a light barrier around us when we first had our little encounter. No one can see us or hear us! Remember, I'm concetrating on controlling Nall, Keeping up this barrier and I'm not going to use my special abilities... This should be a good enough hadicap for you!'
Gingitsune glared at Royce. She hated her with a passion and was waiting for this opportunity. She was confident that she would win but... Nall was getting beak up pretty badly and he wasn't recovering himself. If this kept up Nall might die before Gingitsune could do anything about it! Thanks to Vera and Rayo though at least Kuja was occupied. He didn't even notice the fight that was about to happen regardless of him being a hacker himself.

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:38 am

(ooc: Bah, I just can't go against Nall, even if it means trashing an idea that was an hour in the making... Stupid slow thinking, stupid slow typing :roll: Well I guess this will have to do...)

Kayin stepped back as Tokki and Kurai began an onslaught trying to take down Nall, the tight woven moves and attacks left little room for the Heavy Blade to help. Rather than getting into the way, Kayin moved over toward Gingitsune, she had been acting strangely suddenly, and Kayin figured it was something he could do without getting in the others way.

As Kayin quickly moved towards the Wavemistress he was stopped abruptly by the field. "What in the world, Oh no, Gingi has been cut off from the rest of us. This is bad' he thought to himself. Kayin didn't waste any time as he rushed back to the group members that weren't occupied by battle.

The heavy blade moved to each of the characters that were injured and casted Repth upon them. And quickly motion for them to gather around him. "I have bad news, Gingi is within a trap.." he whispered to everyone. Everyone was shocked and began to look around, Gingi wasn't visible. "It seems Kuja isn't the only Hacker here, something is very wrong here. Anyone have any Ideas how to incompacitate Nall without hurting him... Does anyone have a sleep item or skill, that might work on Nall."
Last edited by Kayin on Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:51 am

Vera frowned at Kuja as she signalled Nall to go help the others "Please, someone is strong and handsome as you needs a lady by your side" she said licking near the image of his cheek "All I want, is for you to my protector, not those weaklings and their weak willed leader" she said bluching as she got on her knees and rubbed her head against his leg purring lightly "Please, let me be your kitty, your sweet innocent little kitty" she said again as Kuja smirked "Maybe this will help you, make a judgement" she said closing her eyes as she blushed brightly and removed a part of her top "How do you feel now" she said blushing as she fixed her clothes and purred

Ruri stared with absolute confusion "Vera did you just turn against us, or are you insane" she asked slightly confused

"Mmm, your so powerful, and I bet in the real world your amazing" she said rubbing her head against the image of his leg "So strong, and handsome, and smart. your all of those, I bet you could beat them all with a flick of your great wrist" she said putting her hands in a paw again by her face "Please, Kuja, my strong and handsome knight" she said laying next to him
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:46 am

As Rayo endured the bonding with Kuja he noticed strange things happening. Vera was doing something but everything by her was blurred. He looked over to where the Nall was fighting the others and became quickly shocked. There were 2 Nalls! Then there were 3, then 2. Rayo shook his head. His vision as obviously impaired at the moment. He felt a strange lightness in his head. He breathed deeply but was becoming increasingly dizzy. The distortions must be a mix between Kuja blocking his view and the lack of oxygen he was recieving. Unless he dealt with the current issue, he would either pass out or die. And in this situation, passing out would mean death if Kuja ever fought or Nall came over. Rayo could leave his state of fusion but it would leave Kuja with less worries. Even if only slightly, Rayo thought he saw a streak of sweat pass down Kuja's neck. He could not tell if he was hallucinating or if it was real but it supplied an almost insignificant amount of hope to trudge on. If this was how he could help, this is what he would do. As Rayo's energy faded away, slowly but surely, he remembered what brought him here. Nall...Nall told him to come here. And to top it off, Nall was the one who betrayed them and was attempting to murder his current group and even some of his friends. But who controlled Nall? Kuja...Kuja was the one who ordered Nall to attack. By the result, Kuja was to blame for what was going on. Kuja was the one who was possible forcing Nall to fight. Kuja was the real threat right now. Rayo accepted an idea so calmly and without much deliberation that it shocked him. He knew Kuja had to be stopped. Simply that. Whatever it took. Kuja was to blame. So would he just allow Kuja to win? Kuja did not even seem to be trying. Rayo assured himself that if Kuja could withstand with temporary merger of space, he would also. He would not be beaten by a hacker again like that time. That hacker had hunted him down and crimpled him but did not kill him. Rayo had dealt with that particular hacker eventually and thought that his ordeal was over. The truth was, anyone who tried to end Rayo or his friends, they would fail. Rayo would not succumb to weakness again. It was not destiny that guaranteed victory, it was their determination, will to survive. As long as he was still alive, comatose or not, Rayo would not give up again.

"Kuja," Rayo shot out. "I can't believe what kind of fool you are. Obviously, " Rayo gasped for air, "you do not truly realize what is going on. This is called a TM, Titanic Merger. After both materials of the fusion have been connected as we are, for over three minutes, and it has been well over three minutes...our characters will be damaged beyond repair. The only way to undo this effect is for one of us to lock out. you see, being a comatose leaves me without that option. You on the other hand...well, let me put it this way. The characters are damaged because of the transfer of data. But these are special circumstances, you will be in the same condition I am if you don't leave immediately, that is why it is called a Titanic Merger. Anyone who sticks around will sink with the ship."
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:25 am

(ooc: whew! Lot’s of posts! *grins* I’m going to go back to Nall’s first post & then thru til now, okies?)

The LongArm was pleased, if surprised to see the rest of their group together again after passing thru the latest barrier. But why were we separated to begin with if only to come together again now?

Her initial joy at seeing Nall again was dashed, quickly. The blast of fire knocked the wind out of her, right off the bat. As many hit-points as it took, it didn’t hurt half as much as Nall attacking them.

Nall? How could you? Armina lay where she landed from the fire attack, crushed & confussed; tears welling in her eyes. You look so different-- & it’s not just the tattoos. Something is different in your eyes; they’re cold & unfeeling. There doesn’t seem to be much thought behind them! That’s not Nall! That can’t be Nall “That’s not Nall! That can’t be Nall!”

She repeated her thoughts aloud, but her companions where to preoccupied to truly hear her. Perhaps they would remember her words when they thought back on the situation later… if there was a later. Either way Armina didn’t care. She barely even noticed when someone thoughtfully cast Repth on her.

Her friends were fighting this Nall that-somehow-wasn’t-Nall as if he was just another enemy. How could they? & which is worse, us fighting him or him attacking us? If he is the same Nall we know they must have done something to him! Our Nall would never do this on his own! Never!

Kuja taunted; Nall got faster. Tactics were employed. Armina couldn’t even bring herself to join Kurai & Tokki in their LongArm assault. She didn’t have the heart for it yet. There has to be some other way! There just has to be!

She watched brokenhearted as Vera fawned over the hacker Kuja. Yuck! I sure hope this is part of some plan of hers, but I just don’t get it!

Rayo could not be seen, but occasionally she could still hear his voice coming from the same direction as Kuja. Is Rayo inside Kuja? Will that help any I wonder or only hurt Rayo? What can we do against a hacker that can’t be touched anyway?

Gingitsune has wondered off, & Armina caught the toothy smile the WaveMistress gave her companions as she went. Then her last view of Gingitsune’s silver fox tail was impeded by … well, something. Still, she knew Gingi wouldn’t leave them. Armina knew that as faithfully as she knew Nall would never turn against him of his own accord.

Of his own accord That was it! Just like with Melzas & his spider there had to be someone pulling the strings! Take out the puppeteer & the puppet could be freed! Potentially, that is. But who’s pulling the strings?

If this is what was awaiting us, why did we have a riddle like that just before we got here? Why have us figure out what we give to the group just to fight again like this!

Stupid Twilight things! Why do all the hackers have them?

She could see that Nall was hurting her friends & she knew she should be helping them, but she didn’t know how. He’s just so fast…

“Can anyone SLOW him or something?”

We need a tactic, a plan, something! But I’m no good at that!

(ooc: arg! That didn’t turn out as well as I hoped. Oh well. Hopefully it fits in okay regardless.)
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:51 am

Ruri began to get a little more than angry, at everyone. Vera...what the hell are you thinking....oh well...I'll talk to you about this later." She looked at every one who was fighting Nall and decided to join in. She knew she was just a low level, but she had to think of something to do. It seems that Nall was weaking. Truthfully, she didn't know who Nall was or what type of person he was. To her now all that mattered was he needed to be stopped even if it ment killing him. Oi..I just wished every one came up with a plan, we could of avoided foolish hits and having Nall become faster. But no, every one has to fight on their own, plus Vera decides to turn into a tart at a perfect time! I swear, Soon as I find my cousin I'm joining his party, I say to heck with these people. Their pathetic and there's no team work here!Ruri used Rai Don against the lighting fast Nall by using a flying like kick with her wand attached to her leg. Hitting him hard in the chest. Ruri landed on her knees, holding on to her wand. She looked at it, seeing it wasn't broken and then looked at Nall to see if her attack affected.

((oi....sorry its a short post..I haven't really been home until now.))

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:21 pm

Rayo looked around and noticed that Nall was still thrashing the party, slowly...but if he was not beaten, there would be consequences. Rayo lifted his wand slightly and pointed towards Nall. "Rai Don!" A crack of thunder burst in the air, sending a shocking bolt of electricity to where Nall had been moments ago. "I've decided Kuja. You are not worth my full attention. My mere presence will kill you shortly anyway. I guess I should multitask. You are far to weak to be entertaining. How does it feel, that your life will be sucked away by me? I'm just a wavemaster you might say? But what if this wavemaster kills you. All of you hackers are alike, never truly putting effort into what you do. Why are you here anyway? Were you kicked out of the reject hacker society? I've never seen someone so pathetic. You have no real skill. All you can do is hide behind your little cloak. I hate people like you. Your kind thinks that one material thing, a possession, a souless item makes you great. you are a nothing. You are even weaker than your item. Do you expect me to be scared because you are a hacker? If so, wake up! I can beat you. And do you know why? Because I try my hardest while you just hide under a cloak, like a scared child hiding under the bed covers from the boogie man. Am I that scary, that you need to protect yourself from me? There is another reason you could never beat me. I have more skill. You can not match me in skill. Experience and talent will win over a rag any day. Maybe you should cover up your face with your cloak as well though. It is a bit hideous to look at. I have a question? Are you a lv.1 player. i would not be suprised. You seem like an amatuer. So, what will it be? Will you fight me on your own and show some backbone, maybe even a hint of integrity? At this rate, I may die of boredom from you. And don't forget, the Titanic Merger will do you in soon enough..."
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:15 pm

ramza, kurai and tokki continued their onslaught. attack after attack after attack, ramza casted spells which slowed down nall until the spell took effect, while the longarms could attack him from afar, avoiding the magic attacks. as they all chased around nall in fury, ramza saw out of the corner of his eye gingitsune getting trapped with royce. not that one again. the first hacker i faught against, stupid royce, stupid shinja. ramza knew there was nothing to do bout that for time being, so he just continued to attack nall, until his sp ran out. then he could only just stand there. "little help!" his cry was responded to by some bystander. as the emperor soul worked its magic, ramza went back on the offensive, with nall now at 25%.

OOC:short post
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Kodel
Elevated Player

Post by Kodel » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:17 pm

Kodel dusted himself off, repthing the remaining damage he had taken and nodding in thanks to Argilus, blinking in surprise at his self-pitying statement. After Argilus trailed off, Kodel shrugged. “If you’ve got nothing left to give, stay out of the way.”

He re-drew his sword “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go play the pariah again.”

Kodel noted that they had finally turned the tide. Nall was on the retreat under a constant barrage from Kurai and Tokki, as well as being hit by spell after spell from the Wavemasters. He could clearly see Nall was weakening, as more and more hits were getting through his flowing defense. He was slowing down; even his Ap Do couldn’t contend with the wounds he was taking.

He glanced over at the hacker, blinking in astonishment. He saw Vera and Rayo contending with the man, although Rayo looked like he was inside him, his form translucent through the long overcoat that he wore. Whereas Rayo seemed to be trying to distract him, Vera… looked like she was trying to climb into the hackers pants. It did look like it was working, as he still hadn’t gotten involved, even though Nall was slowly losing.

But then, what loss would it be to them if Nall died… he thought bitterly. He turned to look for Gingi, but realized, to his horror, that she was no longer on the platform. He thought for an instant that she might have fallen, Nall finally attacking her or the hacker simply blowing her off the ledge. Kodel’s heart sank. If she was gone… they were lost.

He relaxed slightly, realizing this wasn’t the case. If she were dead, the rest of the group would have shown it on their faces. But they didn’t.

She must be off fighting the real threat. Even Kodel realized that this freak Kuja was not the man they were after. He was too cocky, too egotistical. Sure, he had Nall under his thumb, but the villain does not stay around to watch the heroes perish. Even he was in some danger if the platform somehow got destroyed.

No matter. They had to deal with Nall first. Kuja and his superiors could wait.

“Ap Do.” He muttered, burning the last of his sp to increase his speed again. He bolted in, circling around Kurai and Tokki, trying to flank Nall. The other Blademaster saw him coming and discounted him. The two Long Arms were a far more prevalent threat. Another Rai Rom from Ramza stunned him for a split second, and Kodel darted in. Now they had him on three sides. Kodel slashed Nall across the back.

Surrounded as he was, Nall didn’t have a chance, even with his far superior abilities and weaponry. He simply wasn’t fast enough to block three attackers while dealing also with the spells that were buffeting him left and right. Every time he tried to turn to engage two of them at once, the third would circle and cut him again across the back. He couldn’t attack well either, as it meant diverting all his attention to a single target.

After a few moments, that familiar red glow began to pulse around Nall.
"Goodness for the most part is an illusion... Little fables people tell themselves so they can get through their days without screaming to much."
Kodel | Level 20 | Blademaster | 45000 Gold | Pheonix Wing | Thunder Armor, Silver Bracer, Time Headband, Safety Shoes, losta items and some scrolls | Ani Slash, Ani Revolver, Ap Ganz, Ap Corv, Ap Do. Gan Zot, Rai Rom