Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nall

Unstopable Living Water, Banshaku?!? Hidden Ghostly 3

Post by Nall » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:42 am

Nall's eyes lost the fire they once held as he fell to the ground. The players around him suddenly stoped. Nall finnaly stoped his rampage. They all let out a sigh of relief that it was over now. They noticed Gingi across the platform very badly hurt as well. Kayin immediatly rushed to her aid. The players wern't sure if they should cast repth or not on Nall. What if he would suddenly go crazy again? They didn't want to take that chance yet. Meanwhile Ruri and Vera were keeping Kuja so occupied he hadn;t even noticed.
'Hahaha... Our plans do not need to be revealed to you... You wouldn't understand or thoughts anyways...'
Kuja laughed and looked at Vera. He gave a quick smile to show his liking and then looked back at Ruri.
'Think that you are beginning to become more of a nuicence then I would like to have... I think I'll kill you too.'
Kuja stood up and begun to raise his arms but finally noticed there was less confusion over by the players. He lowered his arms and walked past Ruri.

'I'll kill you in just a sec... Don't run off now...'
Kuja walked up to the group. Instantly they turned around and met him with their weapons poised for an attack. Kuja just laughed.
'Aww... Did you kill Nall already? Thats too bad...'
The group gave a bit of a snicker. A voice rang out among them.
'No, Nall is alive an well and out of that messed up mind control thing!'
Kuja looked suprised for the first time they had met. He looked over quickly and saw Gingitsune sitting there badly wounded. Not only would it be unlikely that Nall would attack her but those were twinblade wounds... The only person who could do that was...
'Argh! What is she thinking doing this to me...'
Kuja held his head angerly. The other players merily smiled. It appeared Kuja was beaten. All that was left was the crying. Kuja feel to his knees.

'How could such a perfect plan go to waste? I can't believe whats happening!'
Kuja sat there on the ground his face burried in his hands. He appeared to be crying by the looks of it. It was quite pathetic actually. Another player spoke up.
'You see this! Nothing will stop our team! Not you or any of your dumb hackers! There;s nothing that will stand in our way! We'll always find a way out!'
Kuja just continued to sob. It was like his life was over.
'Well?! Are you just gonna sit there crying all day?! say somthing!'

Kuja's sobbing suddenly changed. It quickly changed from sobbing to laughing. He suddenly burst into this maddening laugh as he stood up.
'Psyche...'
The players were a bit taken aback as Kujas eye's flashed blue. His whole body began to readiate with blue energy that was cool and dampened the air. Suddenly as if it were an explosion, the blue light bursted from from Kuja and sent most of the players flying backwards. He slowly levitated to into the air... He begun to speak with a verk harsh, evil tone...
'You fools... Did you honestly think Nall was the best we could come up with? Nall is nothing... Just a distraction in our everlasting plans... As are you!'
He lifted his arms into the air as the blue energy flowed down to the platform below... He gave a quick smile towards the group.
'You forget... There is still much unanswered in this quest... Why is Tokki's water abilities been taken away? Why were you asked to show your reasons for being in the group? Why were you told to beware of the water? And there was one more very important riddle that you forgot about!'
Kuja began to laugh even more menicingly. He looked like he was going insane.
'Tell me everyone... What is the answer to my final riddle?

What is a clear aquamarine color...
usually found in liquid form...
has a mind but no body...
has no eyes but can see...
Lives but feels no pain...
and can take the form of whatever it wishes...

Are you still stumped? Let me give you the answer to ALL of your questions!!! It is of course the UNSTOPABLE BANSHAKU!!!'

Suddenly as soon as those words were mentioned the water around them and the platofrm suddenly rised up high into the air. It didn't come down though, it made strings of water wrap and coil around them in the air.
'Hahahaha! Tokki you cannot control what is already alive! The whole time you were all fighting, you're little dual amongst yourselves, the ending trick to show the reason you're so special, The battle with Nall... Yes all these were monitored by Banshaku and it has analysed all of your techniques! Prepare to be scared of this water my sweet little dumplings... As it is everything my riddle said it was!'
The players were shocked. Living water? This was the worst yet and it got worse. The water suddenly fell down once again into the ocean and then moments later raised up again into the form of a very very large muscular titan. The water laughed at them as it swung a large watery hammer not 2 inches from their heads. The water fell down again as the players looked down and saw a looming shadow over them. They turned around to see the water form a large dragon whos mouth was larger then the platform. The players jumped back in suprise but when the turned around they noticed another dragon on the other side... Then 2 more formed on the other sides. It was quite intimidating. Kuja spoke up.

'oh, and if you think that you can't be hurt by water think again. I'm sure most of you saw poor Rayo get killed quite easily enough by my water... Banshaku's water is the same! You can hurt it... You can't hurt me... My my, you're stuck arn't you? Hahahaha!'
The players gulped. It was true, they were stuck. They had managed to save Nall but for what? He was unconcious on the ground, Gingi was badly hurt, and they were up against a hacker and living water that could not be hurt? This was too much to comprehend and what made things worse was that there were no interesting surroundings... Nothing they could use for an advantage... This was trouble. There seemed to be no hope, it was all over... A familiar voice rang out though, Armina spoke up.
'Come on guys! We can do this! There has to be a way! We've been in tough situations before!'

But never tough like this... There had to be some catch... Something that was unanswered. There always was a way out of everything. But this... well this would take more then a miricle and some good thinking! Kuja's body continued to radiate. He was on the ground now but his hands were still in the air and his eye's were closed. He appeared to be controling Banshaku but not being able to be hit and being closed off from everyone else made him irrelevent. Gingitsunes statue began to glow black now. What were they going to do?

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:43 am

Kayin stopped short of his advance on Nall the instant Nall fell forward, and then turned towards Gingitsune as he noticed her again from the corner of his eyes. The Heavy blade, still endowed with the speed charm, raced over to her as he noticed the blood on her. He completely disreguarded the hacker, as if its presence didn't matter at the moment, and he was temporarily unaware of what the rest of the party was doing. He wanted to know what had happened, he had been so close to checking on her when the wall errpupted before him, and the wavemistress didn't look like she was in too good of a condition.

Kayin quickly tried to get Gingi's attention, trying to see if she was alright. He questioned her if she was alright, and watched the rest of the party to see what they were going to do. Kayin didn't know whether to leave Gingi sitting on the ground, to go make sure Nall was alright as well, or if he should stay put to make sure she was okay. He stood quietly as the two descisions tore at him. Who would need his aid more. Nall was in far worse condition than Gingi, but he also had several people standing around him. But Gingi was by herself except for Kayin, and something seemed to be pressing on her mind.

Then the creation of water reared up all around the platform. without thinking Kayin scooped up gingi and carried her quickly to where the rest of the party was. And without a moment hesitation he handed out all five of his health potions to the players the lowest on health, Kurai, Gingitsune, Asgard, and Tokki recieved a health drink. "I don't need or want them, use them, we're going to need plenty of strength" he said breifly as he moved to Nall and sowly poured his last health drink into his mouth.

Afterwards Kayin stood back up, and looked over the five monsters. "He glanced backwards briefly again as he spoke "Help each other, please. Just make sure everyone is okay, and Rayo needs to be brought back as well... if anyone can." Kayin moved to the front and stood in the direct path of th titan, with Ap Do still in effect he could probably get to the dragon on either side, but the back to would be a long shot.

Argilus stood up, his earlier sentiment still taking deeply to him, he moved to the back to try and defend that side. It was not a good situation, that was obviously apparent, but even worse with two people guarding the entire group. Slowly one by one several other members stood up to help.

Luckily the monster hadn't attacked yet, but that was making Kayin even more tense, if not the whole party. 'Was this another mind game? Were they trying to make us make the first move, just waiting till we crack and open ourselves for a devastating attack?" Kayin thought to himself as he stared at the living water, he wasn't going to make the first move, not when he was needed to protect someone. Even if it was just one person Kayin wouldn't have budged, the thought that everyone was needed weighed too heavilly on his mind, and he was determined to make every attempt to let the other group members heal.
Last edited by Kayin on Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:09 am

Ruri watched everyone get hurt by Kuja. She looked at Vera sadly and shook her head and then looked at every one else. "As much as they agrivated me a bit, I can't let them sit there and be hurt. I rather go out there and try fighting with them. My cousin's right, you can't reason with hackers, unless I become a harlot like you." Ruri said cruelly at Vera, who was beginning to get up from being shocked. "I can't believe you! What the hell are you thinking! All of us are willing to risk it all just hoping we'll wake and you decide to turn cowardice and become a tart?! Then again were you always like this? Were you just waiting for the dead to take the knife and stab it in my back Vera?! We're you? We're you using me just to get ahead and screw these hackers. Well I rather be killed than watch you make a fool out your self as tramp.

Vera I believed in you as a friend, and I believed we were going to get out of this together. That we were going to wake up with our families by our side. Well, I'm still going for that dream. You can stay here in the world for all I care if you'll keep this up. I forgive you vera for such a stupid action. Its up to you if you wish to have us as friends again and to trust us." Ruri looked at Vera with fira in her eyes, seeing if she was going to say something in her defense or not. If not she was going to go out there and at leaset try and help. "Go ahead and say some thing in your defense. I don't know what you could say, you've disgraced yourself enough."

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:31 am

"Vera, little sister, do not give in, you know what you must do, be careful, I love you forever" a voice rang in Vera's head "If you, do do whats right, then for your reward, I shall come to you, but be warned, do not turn against them." the voice said to her as it faded

"Sis" Vera said as she thought for a second and flashmailed Ruri

Flashmail: "Ruri, I'm sorry that I must do this, forgive me, good bye"

Vera looked at Ruri as Ruri recieved the flashmail with a puzzled look "I wont allow you to hurt yourself" she said as she pointed her wand at Ruri "Juk Rom" she said softly as the whrilwind and appeared and tossed Ruri around till she was knocked out "Sleep safely, good partner" she said as she walked to Ruri and kissed her on the head as she ran over to Kuja "Kuja, my love, please end this, do not hurt them please" she said with tears in her eyes as he looked at her "Please, if you care for your little kitty at all, you'll stop this enough to at least save me, please Kuja" she said as she kissed him deeply before turning around crying as she looked to Rayo's dead body and a ressurect appeared in her hands "I had two of them, and I will use one to let you live again" she said as she used it on Rayo bringing him back to life

"huh" Rayo said awakening as he saw Vera walking towards the battle

"Kuja remember, if you love your kitty, you'll save me, good bye Kuja" Vera said as she looked at one of the dragons "Good bye, everyone, forgive me" she yelled as the tears followed from her "Rai Don!" she yelled as she shocked on of the dragons to distract it from the others, giving them a better chance for a short time "Vak Kruz!" she yelled again as it stared at her "Good bye everyone, good bye Ruri, I always enjoyed being around you, if you see a character with icky green hair and one purple and one yellow eye tell my sister I love her, and good bye Kuja, I hope you make the right choice" she said as she unleashed a Juk Rom before the dragon attacked her sending flying backwards far past Kuja, killing her instantly
Last edited by Vera on Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:32 am

Kurai's eyes fluttered open. He had been healed, somewhat.. He still felt the cold, emptiness in his heart. Where Nall's blade had once been.

Kurai tried to move, but realized Nall was on top of him, unconcious. He pushed the blademaster off of him, and got up to his feet. He used the Treeweaver to stand, as he looked all around. There was a new enemy. A few of them, actually. The dragons seemed to be made purely of water, the same that occupied the space below the platforms in this field. Kurai was confused at first on how they came to be, but then remembered: they were fighting against hackers, and this was obviously a hacked monster.

Kurai got into a fighting stance, and pointed the Treeweaver at one of the Dragons. He looked around, and saw Argilus facing one of them, his knuckles white as he gripped his twin blades with unending fury. Kayin the Heavy Blade, was faced the other direction, at another one of the four dragons. He seemed ready to counter any attack that was directed at them, his eyes focused on his target. Kurai looked back at the dragon in front of him, and he got into a fighting stance. He crouched low, and then sprang forward, running at a full gait. He eyed his target, ready to slash it in two...

Kurai skidded to a halt, as the dragon started to rise. It changed shape, in the form of a large fist, and slammed the ground where he should have ran. Kurai jumped back, swinging the treeweaver at the living water creature, but it seemed to pull back where his spear should have hit. The fist began to lose shape, and then it shot out at Kurai, a mockery of his own spear, only tenfold. Kurai felt a slice across his right arm, but he tried not to think of it. He needed to focus, and somehow defeat this creature.
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:07 pm

Nighthand looked around him. the situation, which he had thought was under control with the defeat of nall, was only getting worse.

god. first a general, then a snake, then a spider, and now some kind of water? my god you stupid hackers, what is left to do?!?

his thoughts echoed as he shouted them aloud. he raised his sword, but lowered it again. he had seen, felt, firsthand what the water could do. his hair was a testament to that. he couldn't hurt this creature, not with any kind of normal weapon.

he watched, helpless, as vera killed herself, and rayo was revived.

the only thing he could think of, again, was to somehow get the key they had been sent here to retrieve.

"Maybe the key is the key. that's just the way some twisted hacker would think."

he ran to nall's side, waiting, hoping that he would wake, that he would once again be able to lead them.

(OOC: perhaps this isn't very bad. i mean, really, nall can't kill us off and make us lose, can he? then there would be no more reason to play. just a thought.)
Last edited by Nighthand on Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:12 pm

Gingitsune smiled gratefully up at Kayin as he deposited her back with team, instead of in the isolated corner where she had sat after her victory against Royce.
Gingitsune was angry, again she would probably have to sit atleast part of the final battle out; though the health drink did bring some new energy to her body, it curiously did not heal the bleeding wounds on her body, which she managed to bandage up clumsily with strips from her blue shawl.
The pain had numbed somewhat, and the bleeding had lessened, but Gingitsune estimated that if this had happened in real life, she might not have survived it- or perhaps not easily.

She dragged herself along the floor, avoiding her team mates until she reached Nall, and looked down upon his poor battered body, his condition was even worse than hers was, and for once Gingitsune wished that she had actually gone to the Potions Shop, and had bought some restoratives.
She warily brought out a finger, and poked Nall's shoulder with it lightly, "Hey... Nall... wake up?"
There was no response, and she withdrew her hand, hoping that Nall would wake up soon, but not knowing the full extent of the damage...

The only restorative she truly had was one for her SP, and she used it now, filling up her magical power in case it was needed for this battle- the water creature was extremely menacing, and Gingitsune's mind searched for any possible way they could beat it, and came up blank, they needed all the strength they could get to even have a sliver of a chance at victory, and with so many people dead or injured their odds were low.
Gingitsune smiled despite it, if she needed some time to recover, she might as well try and boost everyone's spirits, if only a bit, she saw that some people looked a trifle worried about her, and glanced nervously at the blood stains all over her body, so she smiled confidently for them.

"You guys, don't worry, fight as best as you can! If you need my help I'm right here, I just need a little bit of time... it's all I need... And Nall needs it more than I do, I'll stay here if worst comes to worst, and do my best to help him."

She got a firmer grip on her wand, and her eyes moved stealthily from enemy to her own group.

Stupid Royce and her powerfulness... I need to get stronger too... Next time I won't win out of luck.

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:16 pm

After gulping down the health drink passed to her by Kayin, she stood in the center of the platform, her fingers gripped tightly on her Glaive. Her teeth were being gritted subconsciously. Though she would never admit it, she was terrified right now. Her palms were sweaty-- so much that it felt as if the stavish weapon could slip from her hands upon a single swiping attack. Her personality did not allow her to tolerate hopelessness or the possibility that victory is not within reach. Thus no matter the situation in previous times, Tokki had kept calm, and could devise some sort of strategy for overcoming the obstacle. But this time, her feelings lead her differently. And this scared her. It was because deep inside, she felt that victory was beyond her grasped. Kuja had made a fool of her, and a mockery of her abilities which had been bestowed upon her by some unknown process. And now she was being threatened... no; everyone was being threatened by monsters created with this same power. Tokki looked up at the large dragons of water, which were reforming and forming into attacks. It was as if the watery monsters were extensions of the hacker. The fists that were being used at the hackers will.

Tokki raised her hand, and attempted to connect with the elements of water again-- a vain attempt at helping everyone. Her eyes closed, but she could not feel a connection strong enough to do anything.

The others must have noticed her trying, for some of them began to offer up words of encouragement. Asgard uttered words of inspiration-- whether they were sad attempts at reaching out to someone or not. Tokki held back the tears of frustration, and shouted back through gritted teeth.

"I... I can't! It's not there! Her head drooped, and she felt her hair slip over her shoulder and cascade down the front of her. "It's just...not there."

Asgard sped over to Tokki's spot, evading a lashing swipe from the water formation. Turning to her, he grasped her shoulder roughly, and shook her back and forth.

"Whether you can work your magic or not, we still need you to fight. So snap out of it and return to your normal self." Asgard shouted.

Tokki's head remained dropped, and she seemed to be staring into nothingness. As if it was costing her all of her strength, she lifted her head pitifully. Staring back into the eyes of the heavy blade, she sighed.

"What good can I... what can I do?" Tokki spoke. Asgard humphed at her, and backhanded her hard across the face.

"Are you that weak!?" Asgard yelled.

Tokki recovered from the force sent through her skull from Asgard's hand, and returned to her original sulking position. Asgard repeated the process.

"Pathetic! If you remain in this state, you're not as strong as I anticipated you to be." Asgard spat.

Tokki's head jerked up, and she followed through with her fist, sending a blow right at Asgard's face. His hand caught hers, and he pushed her fist to the side, and leaned toward her.

"Then quit your melodrama, and contribute you pathetic long arm!" Tokki's brow furrowed, and she looked as if she were about to unleash a new kind of fury on Asgard, yet she turned her head, and closed her eyes again. Asgard turned from her, disgusted-- sprinting back towards Kurai to help him keep the water formations busy. Tokki stood behind, her icy complexion darkened from her despair and anguish. A million thoughts were going through her mind at once at this point-- but that is not what she needed. Soon a million thoughts were replaced by one, and she entered what seemed like a deep meditation as she pondered the situation at hand. She remembered...

Flashback
She turned her back on the slime to focus, and extended her spear towards her right, while her fingers pointed toward the faerie. As the water elements gathered around the faerie, and the Rue particles formed in the air and earth around the proximity of Asgard, Kayin, and Ramza-- Tokki was busy clearing her head, to counter and repel the attack. Asgard raised his blade to parry a blow from the attacking slime, and lashed out with his blade just as the slime recoiled, depleting a bit of HP. Kayin and Ramza had frozen in place already, staring at Tokki's concentrated look. After a few logical surveys of the area, they finally understood what she was doing. The water that was gathering around them was struggling to form shards of ice that Tokki would lose control of, and they would feel deplete their HP.

The water particles were held off, Tokki's brow beading with sweat. She controlled her breathing, and kept her nerves calm enough to regulate her mind. The faerie was determined-- it's casting speed increasing and the incantations coming off much clearer and quicker. Tokki needed to act.
End flashback

Her eyes snapped open, and a rush of cool air entered her lungs as she gasped loudly, drawing the gaze of Gingitsune who was resting alongside Nall and Kayin. Her eyes caught side of Kuja, the hacker who could not be touched as long as he wore the robe, by his enemies. But perhaps... perhaps his own concentration and magic can be used against his own mind. Tokki had an idea, and from her experience with keeping a stranglehold on a magical force, she knew it stood a great chance of success.

Tokki turned to Kurai and Asgard, who were trying their best to keep away from the attacks of the large limbs of water, distracting them from the rest of the group.

"I... I have it." She stammered. She went unheard-- her body was shaking. That was pathetic. "LISTEN TO ME, I THINK I HAVE IT!" Asgard and Kurai both heard her that time, and coordianted their evasion to place them near Tokki just as they dodged a diagonal slash from the large unwieldy pieces of water.

Asgard and Kurai both put their backs to Tokki on either side of her, not giving her eye contact so they could keep their sights on the limbs of water.

"Begin a course of action to have the dragons of water follow you around the platform-- and end your routes at Kuja."

Asgard 'tch'd' at her idea, and planted his feet in the ground to spring forth. "If you're going to come to, at least come back as a good strategist, and not give us any half ass answers." Asgard pushed from his feet to spring forth, yet felt himself stopped. The counter action against his momentum nearly floored him, and he felt his body jerked hard back to his starting position. Glancing over his shoulder, he noticed Tokki's rock hard grip on his battle armor.

"This comes from experience. Trust me when I say the best weapon against him right now is his need for concentration, and his own entity into which this focus lends it's effects." Asgard hmphed, and looked over at Kuja, whose hands were extended into the air while his eyes were shut. His body glowed with a blue luminescence, just as--- Just as Tokki did. His eyes widened suddenly, and a ping went through his body. It would have seemed obvious that she would know what she was talking about-- but perhaps her attitude earlier had kept him from wanting her to be correct. He released himself to her, and she let go of his armor. He gathered himself, and stood in place.

"Fine." He responded. His gaze averted, and he caught the glance of Kurai, who had already agreed. A simple nod began the orchestrated plan. The two warriors sprinted forth to the dragons, and hopped away from the dragon. Asgard nearly was swiped down-- his agility obviously much less than that of Kurai's. Tokki could fix that.

"Ap Do!" Her SP went to a good cause-- she offered her abilities to Asgard, who in turn could keep up with the same slick movements of the Long Arm, and they would get to their destination at the same time as she had hoped. The two warriors veered their course, and the dragons sped after them, they both looked on, breathing heavily, as they headed right towards Kuja's position from which he was controlling the dragons. Tokki's hands raised to the sky, and she began to chant another spell.

It must be... absolutely perfect...

And then they did it-- both feet pounding into the floor of the platform hard, and taking to a dive right into Kuja's proximity. As they hit the floor, they both rolled out of the way right as the watery titans hit, and formed a huge disruption in the area directly surrounding Kuja. As the waters collided, Tokki shouted her attack, with the target being the watery bodies that had surrounded the Hacker, instead of the hacker himself, who could not be hit.

"Rai Rom!" *Ping* She thought-- she thought she had heard something else as she had casted-- and she had. Ruri, who had just awaken from the knockout blow from Vera, had casted Rai Don at the same time-- seeming to realize Tokki's idea. The Hacker could feel his own attack, and his entity submerging on him-- his concentration would be cracked for even a split second-- and through his own power, he would possibly feel these attacks.

Rayo, who had been ressurected by Vera before she had ended her life, raised his Wand of Storms as well, to contribute after realizing the plan.

"GiRai Rom!" The massive amounts of energy that was surging through water created by the hacker himself was illuminating the arena, and causing the water to heat incredibly-- steam rising above the large body. If the water heated enough-- perhaps there would be no water left to control for the hacker. Tokki grit her teeth as her spell ended and she prepared another.

I know you're cracking. I know it hurts in your head to keep this going Kuja... prove me right.
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:18 pm

Tirath was quickly becoming bored with all this talk. Without warning he found himself shouting out at Kuja "All you hackers just loved to hear their own voices don't you. So many times we've faced people like you with their "unbeatable" allies, while you hide behind cheap tricks and equipment. Well fine. We'll fight this water and find a way to beat it and when we will win you will pay for what you'v done here today."

With that said he quickly turned to face one of the dragons while drawing his sword, only to find the dragons head coming at him. Before he could react he felt the teeth dig into his leg, he felt himself tossed, then the distinct feeling of falling. He landed with a thud and felt pain shoot through his arm.

As he lay there, trying to stand on a badly wounded leg and using his last energy to cast repth on himself, he thought why can't I ever be dramatic without coming out like this?

OOC: don't you guys love when i write myself in as getin my butt kicked?
evidently me and tokki where writing our post at the same time, so mine only makes sense if you consider it happened before hers....
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:41 pm

ramza took in the new sight of this fearsome monster. again and again he changed shape to attack and intimidate in different ways. as he saw other players begin to from ideas and attack. some were badly damaged stil from the last fight and unable to heal. ramza casted la repth until everyone in the group had near full health.

water, hmmmm, electricity, conduct! ramza was getting ready to perform his favorite attack in the area near kuja, when he heard a shriek come from behind him. he lowered his wand and turned, wary of the monster, prepared for attack. the dragon head sped over to ramza, but he jumped out of the way nimbly. "rai rom!" the tornado of lightning began to form, but the dragon lost form, slipped out of the way and attacked ramza from the otherside of him in the form of a titan with a slegehammer. ramza was swept off nearly clear across the platform with health damaged greatly. he quickly used la repth and healed himself, although now out of sp. "noo" he stood there and waited, incapable of doing anything for time being.

later, ramza with full sp went back into action. now he was more careful and tried to change up techniques. he used all skills without a distinct pattern on a dragon head that was attacking some others. uh oh, man down. ramza used one of his 4 resurects on lyra, the recently "deceased." ramza was however caught off guard as the titan came back and attacked from behind. ramza didn't even bother healing this time, and he casted rai rom and meani kruz at the same time, sending a swirling streak of dark lightning not at the titan or any dragon heads. the powerful blast was sent down all the way down to the water source. he stood waiting to see what would happen, now out of sp again and at depleted hp.
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:46 pm

ooc:I'm going to backtrack slightly since no one gave me a chance to even let myself get a word in as one of the living. Just so you know, my sp would have reset at 0, not enough time to cast a high level spell...

Rayo began to hear voices in the distance and the sound of waves smashing about. He opened his eyes and blinked. He was in one piece now. Rayo shuddered as he remembered Kuja tearing him apart. "It seems like I'll need to show him how that feels soon enough..." Rayo glanced over at Vera, suprised she had been the one to revive him. It seemed she had not betrayed them after all. Rayo checked his status. He no longer had any wounds but there was one significant problem. His sp was just a bit above nothing. He needed time to recover before he could do anything. Well, almost anything. He walked over to Vera's corpse and pulled her off to the side. He reached inside of his cloak and revealed his own resurrect. He released its energy to revive Vera.

Not waiting for Vera to return Rayo caught a glimpse of a strategy emerging. Asgard, Kurai and Tokki seemed to be exercising a quite interesting idea. Rayo would have tried it himself earlier against Kuja but then he had nothing else besides Nall running loose. Even with Nall's god like speed and strength he would have failed to injure Kuja. Hopefully it would work.

Kuja had not noticed his resurrection, most likely assuming he was still dead, not considering the fact that most of the time Rayo had been dealing with him, he had been ignored. Rayo could see others healing for the fight on the sidelines. Kayin seemed to be leading the healing as well as their current defender.

Rayo paced off to the side. Kuja would survive that attack though. Hopefully injured but not defeated. It would take more to beat him. Once his sp recovered, Rayo would just have to have a rematch with him. He would not be caught unawares again.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:54 pm

Vera looked around as she studied what had happened in her short time of death "Ugh, don't fight it" she stumbling to her feet as the world seemed to shake around her slowly "My head, I can't see straight yet" she said blinking as she stared at Kuja "Why, didn't you save me, why Kuja?" she said with a tear in her eye as she stared down her SP slowly coming back "You didn't save me, you don't care?" she asked as her SP reached high enough for an attack "I cared about you, but you didn't save me, why didn't you!" she said getting into attack range of the dragons as she lifted her wand "Rai Don!" she yelled as the lightning attack struck down on the dragon's head "I had hope that you would love me back Kuja" she said as she regained enough and unleashed another Rai Don

Nall

Post by Nall » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:26 pm

It was true the water was evaporating but what the players forgot was where the cource was comming from. Banshaku's body was made up of all the water in the area and it would take a long time to evaporate it. However being evaporated seemed to piss off Banshaku.

Suddenly instead of toying with the players it decided to perform a brutal attack on them. All the water fromations droped down to below and came up in the form of Kurai, a perfect copy. The players took a step back as a water form of Kurai's treeweaver was held up in the air. But to everyones suprise that attack didn't come from the water made treeweaver... 4 bolts of water shot out of the Kurai clone's stomach and split through Tokki, Asgard, Kurai and Ruri... They screamed out in pain as they were lifeted into the air. Some of the players tried to help but it wasn't possible. Each player felt the life being drained out of them as Kuja began to glow more radiantly. This was Banshaku's true powers, life drain. The 4 players greyed bodies fell to the ground and disappeared.

The players gasped in horror. Not only did Banshaku seem invincible but it was very powerful too. The water fell down once again and when it rised up all around the platform and continued to play around, not fighting too seriously. A small pool of water came near Vera, while it wasn't attacking her it seemed to just watch her and mimic her.

Gingitsune lied beside Nall, hoping he would revive. She would occasionally touch his face to see if anything would wake him. Nall lied silently though dispite the chaos arond them. Gingitsune looked away for a sec in horror as she saw the 4 players die. She felt a soft finger on her leg and looked back down at Nall.
'Ging..itsune... They... they have to stop!'
Nall winced in pain. Gingitsune tried to stop him from talking and let him rest but Nall continued to speak.
'Kuja... is the weakest... But his cloak makes him seem strong... Every..thing... is an illusion...'
Nall began to cough as his hands reached up towards Gingi's face.
'You have to find the trick!'
Nall stoped talking for a monent. What did Nall mean it was all an illusion? Gingitsune was lost for an answer at the moment. I mean, how could this be an illusion? The water just killed 4 people! Before Nall could continue, as if Banshaku knew Nall was awake, it attacked where they were sitting. Gingitsune was about to get up and retaliate but was stoped by Nalls forcful hand. He just nodded with a look of confidence in his eye that calmed Gingitsune. She sat and watched the attack comming towards them wondering what he could be thinking. As the water was just about to hit them it sopped and verred away towards the other players. Gingitsune was quite amazed. Nall just had more and more secrets everyday. Most of which he never told. He looked at Gingitsune and smiled. He was too weak to fight yet but he handed Kayin who was also with them 4 revives.

'Kayin... Go help the others with these...'
Nall lied his head back down on the cold hard earth and closed his eyes. He wasn't unconcious but he was in a lot of pain. Gingitsune was angry that Nall chose not to elaborate on what just happened and why but was glad he was ok. She tried to ponder but was lost for an answer at the moment. Right now however Banshaku was continuing it's seemingly toyful assult on them. Another bolt of water rushed right towards Vera but the bolt verred away and struck Argilus. Argilus wasn't drained however, he was just badly hurt. On another side Banshaku took the form of a tiger and started to attack the players. It was looking pretty glim all the while Kuja still standing there controlling the living water.

Kodel
Elevated Player

Post by Kodel » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:01 am

OOC: I just realized I was supposed to be using Ap Corv all this time instead of Ap Do. Go figure. :P

Kodel blanched at seeing the new enemy. Kuja was indeed right. Even though they’d played his bosses game and won, they hadn’t played his yet, and this looked like a much harder game.

The game had its loopholes though, which he was enthralled to see the rest of his group exploiting. Water vaporized with enough heat flowing through it, and he could see the Wavemasters and the other players were doing their best to pump every available spell they had into the serpentine column of water. It was obviously working, too. Even from this distance he could see Kujas demeanor had changed drastically. No longer cocky or laid back, he was almost standing at attention, a serious expression clearly visible on his face, even from this distance. It was a little disheartening that he had no thunder or fire spells, so he couldn’t really contribute to the attack.

Except to cover them, he mused.

It was as good a plan as any. To make the attack as effective as possible, all the attackers had to concentrate on a single dragon, while the other three columns of water orbited the platform, waiting for the impulse from Kuja to attack.

“Ap Corv.” He muttered. He had an idea of his own as well. He just hoped he was fast enough to pull it off. He eyed the dragons, watching for motions of attack.

Suddenly one of them pitched down, streaking directly towards Tokki. Kodel bolted to intercept it. He slid the last half a foot, positioning himself directly between Tokki and the water dragon. He swung as the thing roared towards him, bringing his sword directly across the front of the things face.

His plan worked. The edge cut through the front the dragons “face,” splitting the stream into two, which roared past him in a sharp V. The torrent of water stung madly, feeling like a thousand needles up and down his sides, but at least he had blocked it. He glanced behind him, to see if it was still trying to attack.

The two streams curled around a couple of feet behind him, and where coming back towards him, not even showing a sign of slowing down.

“Uh oh.” Kodel muttered, remembering what had happened to Rayo in this instance. Thinking fast, he shifted to his left, directly into the path of one of the streams. It was a long shot, but it was better than standing there and waiting for death.

Pressure crashed down on his back, slowly pushing him across the platform. Still, it was enough. Suddenly cut off from the main body of water, one of the long tendrils collapsed, splattering across the platform, little more than 20 or so gallons of normal water now. The other tendril twisted, realizing it could no longer engulf him.

The stream crashed into his side with the force of a sledgehammer. He was tossed across the platform like a rag doll, crashing near the middle of the dais. He got to his feet in time to see the tendril curl back in on itself, reforming into a dragon head.

Kuja sneered, and the first dragon crashed to the ground, spitting four tendrils at its four primary attackers, lifting them into the air. They screamed as the life force was brutally ripped from them, dropping their now gray husks to the platform surface.

No… Kodel thought. That attack was their best hope of disrupting Kujas concentration.

“Noooo!!” Kodel yelled. He jumped to his feet and launched himself at Kuja, screaming in rage. He swung, the sword rippling as it passed harmlessly through him. Kuja sighed heavily, that snobbish look magically reappearing now that the only threat had now vanished. “I told you, you stupid boy. That wouldn’t work then. It won’t work now, thanks to my cloak.”

Kodel froze suddenly.

The cloak. Even Kuja had hinted that it was only an illusion. He suddenly remembered a line from earlier.

One is going north
One is going south
Which is which you ask?
Find out yourself!

It can’t be that simple. No one in the world is that unbelievably stupid.

He whirled, looking around the platform. The two were identical, the same size and shape. He lined himself up with Kuja’s form, showing his back to the hacker

“What the hell are you doing?” the hacker piped up from behind him, as Kodel looked like he was about to do a charge attack on Ramza. He launched himself forward, ignoring the tiger’s roar he suddenly heard behind him. He counted the steps to the center of the platform. Eight. Eight steps across the middle, he drew his sword and brought it down in an overhead strike, silently praying that Kuja was as dumb as every Hollywood villain, that he had told them he secret weakness without them realizing it.
Last edited by Kodel on Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Goodness for the most part is an illusion... Little fables people tell themselves so they can get through their days without screaming to much."
Kodel | Level 20 | Blademaster | 45000 Gold | Pheonix Wing | Thunder Armor, Silver Bracer, Time Headband, Safety Shoes, losta items and some scrolls | Ani Slash, Ani Revolver, Ap Ganz, Ap Corv, Ap Do. Gan Zot, Rai Rom

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:01 am

Vera looked around with a worried glint in her eyes as everyone was dying but her as she looked to the pull of water near her, she stuck out her wand and touched it lightly "What, is going on" she said looking around as another bolt came towards her and veared off to the side as she looked towards Kuja with her eyes lite up "You, do care!" she said as she looked around and remember the fight "All of them, so much pain, all of them are gone, I betrayed them" she said as she fell to the ground and started to cry "What, should I do, I have no way to help them!" she yelled as she looked at the dragon and tiger, then to Kuja and put her head down "Why am I so weak, I couldn't even help them all, even though they always helped me." she said as she continued to cry beating her fist into the ground
Last edited by Vera on Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.