Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Kodel
Elevated Player

Post by Kodel » Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:12 am

OOC: This is bouncing around in time a little. I’m assuming everyone will eventually pick a place to sleep.

Kodel strode through the empty streets, his breath misting in front of him. The night was cold. He looked up at the grey-black sky. He couldn’t see the stars through the cloud cover, but he doubted they be comforting though. The entire Root Town, regardless of how real it looked, it had an underlying element of fakeness to it. Still, it was appealing versus staring at the blank walls of the hideaway. He had needed to get his blood flowing away.

He wandered through the empty streets. He thought about going back to the hideout, and shuddered involuntarily. Going back would lead to lying down, which would lead to sleeping, and he didn’t want to do that again for a LONG time.

He crossed the main Mac Anu Bridge, and plopped to on the bridge stones. His thoughts drifted as he stared into the flowing river, trying not to fall asleep.

A while later, he felt something land lightly on his shoulder. He glanced up as a gentle snowfall began. It was little more than flurries, but it brought a smile to his face. Another touch of home, he thought. It was summer back in the real world, but he always loved winter, and especially snow. He jumped out his seat, and continued wandering.

He rounded a corner, heading down a narrow alleyway. He stopped as he saw a man standing about halfway down the corridor, he weapon drawn and held above him, looking at something lying on the ground.

Kodel took a cautious step forward, his footfall echoing down the length of the alley. The mans head snapped to look at him, and Kodel almost took a step back. His face was covered with tattoos, like every PC, but this character had a patch of blood red covering his left eye, tapering to a point near his chin. The man suddenly sheathed his sword and turned, walking smartly down the alleyway and around the corner right behind him. Kodel hurried to catch up.

He suddenly stopped when he noticed a quivering shape lying on the ground, behind a box. Even covered with a dusting snowfall, he could make out the cats ears and paws.

It was Vera.

“Jesus…” Kodel breathed. He had been asleep for an hour at least, and on the bridge for another, and Vera had gone out before he had gone to sleep, after a brief exchange with Ruri.

Had she tried to sleep out here? It was sheer lunacy. He dropped to a knee, removing the cloak he had put on before heading out, scooping the half-cat wavemaster into his arms. She was already in the middle stage of hypothermia, her body quaking violently, desperate to maintain the body heat she needed to stay alive. Her lips were a dark purple and her skin was already deathly pale. He turned and started walking, quickly, back in the direction of the hideout.

“Have you lost your mind?” he whispered. “You would’ve frozen to death out here.”

He felt Vera stirring faintly “What… What’re you… doing?”

“I’m not leaving you outside, that’s for damn sure. What kind of comrade would I be if I just left you laying here?”

“Just… put me… down.” Her speech came in ragged gasps “They all hate me… anyway… Even you…”

“Mind if I tell you something? You’re nuts.”

“…s… See? Even you.”

“No you’re nuts to think that we hate you over what happened. Everyone had a loony idea for fighting Kuja, even me. I’ll admit, your performance might’ve been a little… over the top, but it still worked. You helped to distract him.”

Vera was silent for a moment “But… but Ruri…”

Kodel shook his head “Can you blame her? For a moment we all felt betrayed, till you tried to hit the freak. Still, even with that, it’s hard to come back from that feeling quickly. Even when you know they were faking, it’s hard… it’s hard to ignore every grain of doubt.” His voice took on a hard edge, as bitter memories threatened to surface.

He rounded the last corner, rapping his elbow against the entrance, pushing his way into the hideaway. Almost everyone was asleep already, and only one bed was left. Vera was still shivering badly. She had lost too much body heat. He had to do something to raise it, other than get her inside.

He plunked Vera down on the bed, wrapping her tightly in the blankets, and hauled the bed over towards the ornate fireplace that was the only decoration to the hideout. He raised his palm towards the fireplace, dragging the bed directly in front of it. No one stirred as he pulled the queen sized bed across the wood floor, not even the people on the couches. Everyone was completely exhausted.

“Vak Kruz.” He said softly. A billowing flame suddenly appeared, igniting the wood under it, flooding the bedspread with warmth and light.

He jumped onto the top of the bed, scooting across, pressing himself up against her, curling the last of the covers completely around her, like a glove. His first aid manual told him that he should’ve removed both theirs clothes, and done this skin to skin… but he didn’t want to think about the remarks he’d have to endure the next morning. Vera probably wouldn’t have noticed though. She appeared to have passed out the moment he placed her on the bed. He was, however, afraid Vera might claw his face off.

He placed his arms around the cocoon he had wrapped Vera in, feeling sleep start to wash over him again.

That’s odd… he thought as he drifted into a deep, and thankfully dreamless sleep.

I don’t know Vak Kruz.
"Goodness for the most part is an illusion... Little fables people tell themselves so they can get through their days without screaming to much."
Kodel | Level 20 | Blademaster | 45000 Gold | Pheonix Wing | Thunder Armor, Silver Bracer, Time Headband, Safety Shoes, losta items and some scrolls | Ani Slash, Ani Revolver, Ap Ganz, Ap Corv, Ap Do. Gan Zot, Rai Rom

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:40 am

Vera continued to shiver for quite from the amount of heat her body had lost, but after a few hours her body returned to normal and she purred softly in her sleep, having peaceful dreams that quickly became wrong

Vera's dream

Vera awoke in a small field, as she and her sister sat on a plaid blanket staring at the sky "Picnics are so much fun" Vera said as her sister smiled at her

"Yes they are little sister" Her sister said as she grabbed a flute and started to play a soft tune on it as Vera smiled and hugged her sister

"We'll always be together, no matter what, through thick and thin, and everything else, I'm sure we can always win" Vera said smiling as they hugged

"HA! Whynot just give up now" Juas said appearing from out behind a tree as Vera's sister disappeared "Aww whats the matter little kitten, going through some tough times, ohh look, its that time of day again, whynot just finish it off" she said laughing evily as Vera stood up

"You wont beat me this time, I...swear it" Vera said as she held her stomach as she knelt down the tail and ears ripped violently from her as her body changed quite rapidly "Whats happening, you sick freak" she said as Juas smiled

"I figured why wait, I'll make your transformation quick" Juas said smiling as Vera slowly shrank in size

"I wont lose to...meow" Vera said as she lost the ability to speak normally as her size shrank even more

Juas laughed as Vera finished her transformation and sat on the ground a small helpless little kitten "Awww, look at the kitten" she said picking up Vera and smiling as Vera clawed at her "Ohh bad kittens must be punished by mother" she said as Ruri and the others appeared "For your punishment watch them die" she said as Vera's little kitten eyes watered up as Juas held out her palm as Ruri slowly melted into goo, making Vera yowl in saddness "Now for the rest" she said as they slowly melted away one by one, as Rayo was the last "I always hated those two, the two that protected you in the beginning, that Ruri and Rayo, so I found it most fun to kill them, now your my pet" she said as Vera cryed little kitten tears of sadness

End Dream

Vera started to cry in her sleep as she was wrapped up to be kept warm by Kodel, but through the night tears came down her face, no one knowing what else she could be dreaming
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:11 am

Ruri's eyes became heavy as if she was truly tired. She looked over to Rayo, seeing it seemed he was in deep thought with his eyes closed. Ruri sighed, wishing she had some one to talk to. Ruri thought about it for a bit, then figured, maybe she should give in to this whole rest thing. Just as she was beginning to shut her eyes, a gold ring came before her. Ruri shook her head, thinking now her mental version of herself was playing tricks on her. She watched the gold ring and then saw a figure appear. Right before her eyes, was the pretty boy in knight's armor with long white hair staring her in the face. He smiled and then said,

"¿Como estas Maria?" Ruri rubbed her eyes and couldn't believe what she heard. "Bien....y tu?" She responded. "Muy bien senorita Sanchez." He said. "¿Como te llamas?" She asked looking at him. "Me llamo Carlos." He responded looking at her. "¿De donde eres?"She asked looking at him. "De los Estados Unidos...Los Angeles, California." He responded. "Carlos!" Ruri hugged him tightly looking at him. "How can this be? Aren't you in a coma?" She asked him, looking at him from head to toe. "No..I'm not in a coma any more....when I woke up I heard you went into a coma as I awaken. Every one is broken up by you. They told me to come on The World to see if I can find you." He said looking at her. "You mean....they know about everything?" She asked. Carlos shook his head yes and then looked around to make sure all her friends were a sleep.

"Yes..they know everything, I told them everything. Now, listen closely...I'll do the best as I can to get you out of a coma and you only. But, problem is, I have a bounty on my head right now among the hackers. So, what I want you to do is stay with these people, don't think about leaving them, ok?" Ruri nodded and then looked away for a second, "How's my mom? And Jorge?" She asked. "Your mom is at the hospital, staying by your side, crying ever since you went into a coma. As for Jorge...no one has heard from him, we couldn't even get into his house......." Carlos said.

"I see....well tell my mom I'll be fine, That she has to be strong right now...Carlos, please...please make sure every one will still go on with their lives without thinking of me. I don't want them to be sad over me, ok?" she asked him. Carlos nodded and then gave Ruri a hug. "Take care of your self little cousin. I'll be checking ya from time to time. Well, good bye for now." Carlos disappeared out of sight, hopefully not noticed by them there. Ruri smiled now knowing she had some contact with her family through Carlos.

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:49 am

Kurai rested back, his head propped up on the headboard. Tokki was asleep by then, breathing slowly and softly. Kurai glanced back down at her, then closed his eyes. Kurai couldn't stay here. He never seemed to sleep in the real world, nothing was different here. He slowly moved out of the bed, with only a small mumble out of the sleeping Long Arm. He walked out of the door, out of Nall's hideout.

Kurai walked down the dimly lit streets, seeing very few people wandering about. He made his way to a bridge, and stood on one side of it, looking over into the water. Listening to the gentle lapping of water, Kurai felt at ease. He felt very tense for quite a while, he was just always so occupied, he never had a chance to stop and realize his exaustion.

Kurai shook his head softly, trying to brush off his inner feelings. He hoped up onto the ledge of the bridge, and faced the opposite side of the bridge he came on. Kurai crouched low, and sprinted across the narrow ledge. Once he reached the end, he leaped high into the air, and barely caught the roof's edge. He pulled himself up, and crawled to the peak of the roof. He looked down on Mac Anu, only seeing a few blocks around him, because of the crowded housing. Kurai got up to his feet, and started running along the rooftops.

Kurai checked his map again. He was close to the Choas Gate and save point, by then. He leapt over a small alleyway, and hopped down to the street in front of the Save Point. THe NPC inside had a large grin on his face. "Would you like to save your progress?" Kurai raised an eyebrow. Did he need to save, since he wasnt even behind a computer? He really wondered...

Kurai walked away from the NPC, and walked toward the Chaos Gate. He tapped the Treeweaver on the ground softly, and a low chime rang from the impact. The gate seemed to flow with life, and Kurai peered into the middle. It semmed to have a surrealistic look through it, as if he was looking through a warped piece of glass. He spoke out a few words, and three golden rings appeared above him, and fell to the ground, as he started to disappear, his body leaving the root town of Mac Anu.

((OOC: I will be back later, in time for everything. I just dont wanna sleep.))
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:21 pm

Tokki never really did 'sleep'. As she lay there with her eyes shut on Kurai's lap, her mind wandered amongst the vastness of this virtual reality. She allowed her curiosity to march freely like so, perhaps as some security that would help her maintain sanity in the present dire circumstances. Whatever her reason, each time she pondered about her existence in The World, the cycle of thoughts always ended at the same place: KJ.

Tokki's thoughts drifted back to her room, lying on her bed surrounded in scattered wads of tissue, her face streaked with tears and eyes reddened with the aftermath of hours of sorrow. She still remembered the faint glow of the laptop computer screen on the floor-- partially opened. That was the first time she had ever encountered The World. She was particularly ambivalent to the world of Role Playing Games. It seemed to have different values in her mind. Though many people played them for the challenge and for the love of games, the majority of the players, she would imagine, played them because it took them away from the responsibility filled real world to a world where freedoms not normal to a human being could be realized-- while having a good time in the process.

When Kurai got up, she waited for him to fully exit the hideout before repositioning herself in the small bed they had occupied. Instead of reclosing her eyes, she lay on her back, eyes wide open in the dimly lit hideout. A sigh escaped her full lips, sending a shiver through her body. Here she was, making an acquaintance in The World that obviously was getting more personal then usual game relationships. Was this her way of dealing with the gaping emptiness left in her heart where KJ should be? She remembered the first time she saw Kurai fight, wielding the long, eloquent Treeweaver in his hands, swiftly moving from enemy to enemy on the large, towering surface that overlooked the turbulent sea below. What was it that drew her to him? Her heartbeat seemed to slow as she pondered-- it was like she was challenging her memory.

It couldn't be because of KJ, that would be pointless in here, she thought.

Recalling every single moment of her recollection of Kurai's battle movements and techniques, she forbade her attraction to him to have anything to do with KJ. So it was as if she was searching for any reason for that to be true. And that's exactly what she found. Though it was ridiculously farfetched, the fact that every instance that attracted him to her could be related to KJ put serious pressure on her mind. The swift style of fighting, evasive. Sudden. Swift. His movements were timed and there was such smooth exactness to his attacks. The one thing that stood out the most was the one thing that reminded her of KJ the most. The Treeweaver was original. It was a long arm weapon that Kurai and Kurai alone could wield properly. The elegance of the what seemed to be living weapon was so infinite and extreme, that it was hard to ignore when witnessing Kurai's battles. A soft whimper left her lips as she lay there in the night, and she closed her eyes quickly and held her breath, hoping that no one had heard her. It wasn't the time for her to be confronted with questions like "Are you okay?" and.. "Is something on your mind?" It wasn't the type of thing to talk about to anyone here.

Flashback

Mejin leaned her headback and took a long swig of cold water from her clear water bottle. She gasped for air when she finished loudly, as if she had just surfaced from the depths of the ocean, her skin breaking the water and being exposed to the sun for the first time. While screwing the white cap back onto the bottle, she turned to KJ, who was seated with his back to her a few meters away. In his hands was his staff, which they often practiced with in his Dojo before it opened. On breaks, he always sat down and pulled out a small razor and continued carving the design into the hard wood to an absolute perfection. It was a picture of a fantasmal dragon he had created himself. He called it Omizu, and it was a long, winged dragon. The creature was an icy blue shade which he had worked in with indigo and different shades of white to color it. The dragon had taken him the longest time-- however currently he was putting a design into either end of the staff. It was symbol of his love for Tokki done in the Korean language.

"You ready to continue yet, or are you still in your crayola zone over there," Mejin would always tease.

KJ always answered the same way.

"Crayola it up!" Which would urge Tokki to advance on him without warning. Promptly he would seal away the razorblade, and raise his staff to stop hers. Tokki lashed her tongue out at him seductively, before raising a knee to his stomach, which was stopped by his own. They both pushed off of each other, and skidded backwards on the Dojo's matted floor. Before attacking again, they would have a conversation with their eyes. Love force, KJ always called it. It's like reverse kryptonite, he would say. Immediately, the took off for the same corner of the room, veering off towards opposite walls.

HYUT! Both would shout, as they leapt into the wall feet first, and pressed their weight into it to reverse their motion and meet in mid air. Upon meeting, they would try their best, to topple each other so that their foe would hit the ground first. It was an amusing scene when they did it for the children KJ taught in his Dojo, though they rarely did it during sessions. No one really had an edge on the other. It was just a game of timing. However that particular time, Mejin lost. As they soared towards each other she wasn't thinking about winning, her eyes were lost in a different world, and she was marveling at KJ's beautiful fighting style, ephemeral as the thought was. Afterwards, she found herself pinned to the floor beneath the foot of a standing KJ, who stared back at her.

"Pitiful" KJ remarked.

All she could do was smile.

End Flashback.

She found herself smiling in her bed, and placed her arms behind her head, releasing a sigh. That was exactly how she felt when she was watching Kurai fighting against the monsters in the previous field. Here, there was no KJ, and in the real world, there was no KJ for her. Her pride was swallowed, and she came to an agreement with herself. She turned over in her bed and faced the wall opposite the entrance to the hideout.

Kurai was so kawaii after all.
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:40 pm

ooc:Ruri, if it was a dream Rayo did not realize it but if that actually happened he heard the whole thing, still not sleeping of course

The players were restless. Rayo had yet to sleep a wink, he had not fell into slumber even once. Constantly, he heard footsteps tap the wooden floor as people walked into and out of the hideout. Often different people, judging by the weight behind the footsteps. Kodel seemed to have brought Vera in for good. Maybe he would be able to help her through her belief that she was hated by all. Rayo made sure to not stir in any way. He wanted others to believe he was sleeping. It would be rude for people to not do what they wished just because he was not planning on getting sleep. He was resting though.

His thoughts quickly turned to their next adventure. If anything like the last, he would have to become stronger. The question was how? The obvious answer would be to go on a dungeonn adventure, wouldn't it? But that put people at risk and would only raise his statistics and skills. What he needed was some other sort of increase in ability. Something that stood apart from everything else like they all did now. Something that would be truly useful. But for the moment, Rayo had no ideas what so ever.

Now it was time to assess how much damage the comatose situation has caused for him. He had a few friends he worried about. He knew that many of the people who originally had been in his early adventures had long since quit the game. Some others were still playing but most of them he was not attached to anyway. His two most frequent party members were different situations. Zavier had told him he had not planned on accessing for a while. He would be away for an extended period of time. Wanderer however....he was still accessing often enough. Rayo was hoping not to find him stuck in this demonic game as well. If he did though, he would be sure to bring him to the group. He had other aquaintances in the game who he knew deep down he was not worried about more than the average person stuck here. There were a small few within the group he was extremely worried about. If hewas traveling alone, that would have been one thing. Here though, is actions affected so many others.

Even if he found a way out of the game, would he take it? What if it was only good for one or two people? Could he be so selfish to use it? Then again, did he even want to leave? He had at first felt more worried but...here he was with them. Was being with some of them all the time better than being free, having control of his body? Rayo shook his head. He had to stop thinking such crazy things.

Could he trust everyone here? No, he did not. He trusted some to a certain level. He vaguely trusted Kurai, Armina, Asgard, Nigthhand, Ramza, Hijinx, Kayin, Kodel, and Vera. He trusted Tokki, Argilus, Nall, and Gingitsune more than the others but not completely. Strangely enough, he had began trusting Ruri more and more. The only other person he trusted that much was Wanderer. And to a lesser extent, Zavier. But Wanderer was like his in world best friend. What did that make Ruri...Rayo left his eyes closed and for once, just sat there, pondering his last thought.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:40 pm

Gingitsune felt the cool, soft wind blowling past her neck as she continued to sit on the bridge. She was hidden somewhat, in the mellow darkness, and something made her not want to go back at all, even though she had felt extremely sleepy only moments before.
The restlessness of the night had caught up to her, and her tail swished back and forth as her mind pondered whether to stay here, or go back...
She watched many of her teammates leaving the hideout, they must have had the same insomnia she was having, it just seemed strange and paradoxical to even sleep in such a world.
She finally decided to go back, no point in musing over the dark waters any longer, perhaps sleep would have some sort of powering effect on her.
She stood up and stretched her muscles, pulling her arms over her head and arching her back as a cat would, then brushed her eyes gently with the back of her hand. Something just didn't feel right...
Maybe someone stole my bed... she mused, a funny look entering her eyes.
That idea was soon put aside, as her ears pricked to a strange sound to her left, a quick rustling movement- someone was behind her.
She stood perfectly still and calm, the noise seemed somehow familiar to her, and so was the voice that followed it.

"Good evening Gingitsune..." the voice was a drawling, greasy one, pull of hidden meanings and treachery.
"Nagi." she said, without even turning.

Nagi was Gingitsune's source of information, she had found him very useful to her before, though he always had his price. He seemed to know what information she was looking for, and his slimy, snakish ways always seemed to extract it from somewhere.

"Gingitsune- or Phi?" he asked, taping his axe on the ground roughly.
"I suppose I'm both, though I don't know how you would know it?"
"I just got some information my dear, I haven't seen you in so long, and I needed to check up on you, and alas oh my, I found you in such an awful condition, I thought I'd never really see you again- and yet here you are, skulking about Mac Anu like a little homeless cat, how is that possible?"
Her ears pricked up, and she finally turned and faced the hooded man.
"What do you mean, awful condition? What's happening in the Real World, what's going on with me?"
"Oh so many questions my dear, just too many for me to give out for free, though you are my favourite woman in the entire World..."
"What the hell do you want from me?"
"Now that's a question I can answer very easily my dearest Phi... I want... a kiss!"
Gingitsune curled her hands into fists at her side, her pouting mouth curling into a malicious sneer, "A kiss? A kiss?"
"Now now pet, think about it, one kiss and all of the information you want, or no kiss and no information, and you may skulk around as long as you like- but shall not find this mouse anymore Kitten."
His patronizing little speech made Gingitsune even angrier, it paid to be well informed, the only reason she had kept the rat around, but as much as she hated to admit it, he was a powerful player, and his information was always perfectly correct.
"Fine!" she said, giving him a quick and malicious kiss, then pushing him away, "Now tell me!"

"Well Phi, did you know? We go to the same school though I hadn't realized it, I'm a grade higher than you- perhaps you know me, and perhaps not? I won't ask now... Anyway, one day you simply did not show up for school, and then that one day turned into an entire week, and where were you? Not at home of course, had you run away? Your parents were frantic! When they finally found you, you were in some kind of coma, they immediately put you into the hospital, but still- you haven't woken up. Well, I did a bit of research on you, and to my surprise- you were Gingitsune! Imagine my surprise, Gingitsune is Phi! It's all over the news actually, there are many more like you, all of them are in comas also, it's very strange, all of you went into comas at the same time- and they still are! The whole world is wondering what this strange disease is, and the only thing that they all have in common, is this game... It's very very mysterious dear, I wonder if you could explain it to me?"

Gingitsune looked down at her boots, scuffing them into the soft earth, "And my parents Nagi? What about them?"
"Utterly devastated! They don't know what to do! They claim they'll keep you on life support for a hundred years! Your father is taking it very hard, the last I saw he went on a business trip somewhere and hasn't come back yet, your mother is even worse- she's been admitted into the hospital also, her nerves are very very bad!"
"Oh." Gingitsune said, her mind wandering back to her Real Life, and to her surprise, she couldn't even remember it very clearly... her mother? her father? What did they look like...!?
"Nagi who are you really?" Gingi asked, looking up candidly.
"Maybe I'll tell you someday Phi." he said coyly, and walked away, disappearing into the darkness.

Gingitsune felt the emotions overflowing in her heart, she hated to be emotional, she had always hated it, but now the warm tears flowed from her eyes and splattered onto the dusty ground, a rough sob shook her body.
She went back to the bridge, onto the railing, and let her tears drip into the water, shaking with mute sobs.
"I don't even remember my real name! Phi? What the hell does that stand for? That's not my name... It's not!"
I've pushed everything so far away, everything that's given me pain, everything has gone to the back of my mind, and now it's disappeared!
she thought to herself, wiping her eyes furiously with her glove, and kicking her heels at the rock bridge.
"Maybe I'll go to bed." she mused outloud, but made no move to get up at all.

(ooc: sorry minna, Nall-kun isn't here for the weekend, so we'll have to keep along this vein for now, hehe, I know I'm holding up the story by not sleeping but whatever :D!)

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:30 pm

Kayin hadn't slept long, only an hour or so when he ended up waking again. He sat up slowly and shook his head. With a glance around the hide out, Kayin thought to himself Lucky them as he peered at the people sleeping. The heavyblade got up off the couch and quietly left the Hideout, for the streets of Mac Anu once more.

As he stepped out of the hideout he looked up at the clear night sky, and stared at the moon. The tranquil scene was broken when Kayin shook his head with a loud sigh. His thoughts were wandering, but for the most part settling on the differences between the World, and the real world. He began to walk the streets again and let his thoughts go.

Its not so bad being stuck in the game... I don't have to deal with the stress of work, this place is so calm, not like my home is. Everyone at home generally worried about themselves, if I needed help there it was a losing battle to get help, but here I haven't ever asked for help, yet its always there... This might not be such a bad thing, a little vacation from reality, though I have to fight for my life just to survive it. At least I am not bound by as much here, I can go to a field and just beat the crap out of some monsters when I feel like hacking something a part, rather than withholding that desire.

Kayin had wandered over much of the town as he debated those thoughts. But looked up before him and saw Gingitsune was standing on the bridge leaning over the railing. He couldn't tell what she was doing from this distance. Is she suffering from insomnia as well? he asked himself, Well, Maybe I shouldn't bother her, but then again it might be something else... Gingi is a strong person, she should be okay. his thought trailed off as he betrayed them and slipped into a dark alleyway. Where he stood in the shadows leaning against a building, the pale night and the dark shadows concieling his form. Kayin stood there watching. He didn't know why he was, but unconsciously felt a need to watch and listen.

(ooc o.0 Does this make it look like I'm stalking Gingi? I sure hope not :( I'm just trying to participate in something, and keep up with everything.)
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:32 am

Ruri closed her eyes, happy to hear from a family member. But, she was sad as well, that she couldn't see them face to face. Even though this was by her thoughts, she felt cold and very alone. She wished her fiancee was with her, holding her tight to keep her warm. But, sadly he wasn't. She look towards Rayo seeing if he was a sleep, his eyes were closed. Ruri sighed and wished she could talk to him some more, but she knew that her questions were getting a little to personal. She looked around seeing every one else now a sleep or with their eyes closed thinking. She thought of her cousin once again and then looked towards Rayo, just remembering he didn't sleep as much. "Rayo...are..are you still awake?" She asked curiously.

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:40 am

There was no answer right away. For it seemed like while but only an instant. His eyes opened fully. "Yes." He turned to face her as he wondered how she would react. He only hoped she would not call it spying, he thought it would be far more rude to fake sleep or comment on a personal issue. "I'm still awake. It is a bit hard to find the urge to sleep while sleeping in reality. I see you have not gotten any rest either. If it is the issue of the floor, I'm sure someone who has a bed would scoot over or give you a pillow. I'm fine as I am." Rayo wished he could not continue a conversation that was bound to get complicated but her eyes seemed to be pleading for some company about now. She was lonely. He knew how that felt, he was lonely. They were so similar at a vague glance, the two wavemasters. The difference was she was only lonely now, in the game. Being lonely seemed to be far more common to Rayo.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:49 am

Vera stired at night as she slowly worked the blankets from around her off "Mmm, so hot" she said stretching out as she cuddled up next to Kodel purring lightly as the tears stopped coming from her eyes as her dream ended and she continued to purr against Kodel
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:50 am

"Its quite alright...the floor is more suitable for me."She said looking down a bit. "Heh, I know I make it obvious that I'm lonely, I just can't help it. I'm always around the people I love, and now...I'm here, stuck in this video game, its...its like a small child having her huge faverotie teddy bear taken away or you can say a house ware appliance having its plug pulled. You know what I mean?" She said looking his way. Ruri moved herself a little closer to Rayo. "I...I hope I'm not making you uncomfortable..its just....I don't really have any friends here....your pretty much the only person I've gotten close to since we fell into a coma." She said growing a little timid. Slience fell over her and without her realizing it, she gently laid her head on Rayo's shoulder and slide her arm around his, bring his arm a little close to her heart. She felt much safer around Rayo for some odd reason. Plus, she usually wouldn't do that with a normal stranger is, she didn't feel this way. "Say..Rayo..where...where are you from?" She asked shyly.

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:25 am

Rayo barely held back blushing. He was wondering if she had been getting attached...but now his arm was literally latched onto. This was unexpected. Ruri was getting...a bit...close. "I'm from California." He considered asking why, for two reasons. He was certain he would rather not know though. Did it even matter anymore. Within their virtual prison, did it matter where their bodies lay? She seemed to be getting tired. Would she fall asleep like that? That would be complicated. Kodel and Vera, Tokki and Kurai. So much for not getting labeled. He had no choice in the matter it seemed. He could do nothing. He was speechless and any movement would end badly. Moving closer, called a couple, pushing away, cruel. He had no option. All Rayo could do was stay sitting and be leaned upon. For once, he wished to be able to fall asleep.

ooc:not my best post, was not sure how to respond
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:38 am

Ruri's eyes widen and quickly let go of Rayo's arm. She sat up quickly looking at him with a small smile upon her face. "Your...your from California? That's great...So am I, but, I'm from Northen California. Are you from Northen California too?" She asked with excitement. Ruri hoped he was, thinking maybe he was some one from school or maybe some one from her neighborhood. I hope...we're from the same area...this is great. Now I have some one that I might have a few things in common....I hope he's some I know well....it would be more comforting that it is. Ruri shook her head thinking maybe she was hoping to much. She sat down gently, scooting a way a little bit, because she can tell by his voice he was beginning to get a little uncomfortable with her approach. "Oh! Sorry if that was making you very uncomfortable...I'm...I'm just lonely...that's all....I just...want to go home..." She said looking down embrassed, "So...are you....are you from Northen California?"

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:38 am

Asgard trodded to the entrance of Nall's hideout, his heavy boots hitting the stone pavement hard. The sound of metal on rock clanged throughout the near empty town of Mac Anu, reverberating to and from the houses on both his left and right. It was a dead night, with the occasional PC dashing by to the Save Scribe and off back into the center of the Root Town. Asgard prodded along stopping at Nall's front door. He opened his flashmail and sent an IM to Nall, asking to open the door. A few seconds passed and the door to his hideout materialized from the wall. Asgard opened and enter the humble HQ.

Asgard said nothing as he entered and sat down against the wall, next to a bed. He thought it was half occupied, but didn't bother asking for the latter. It was do or die now. The admins were onto him now. He didn't want to make any bonds now, as anything could be swayed. Even friendship. He sighed as he let his katana fall flat on the ground next to him with a silent clang.

It was hard to think of sleep at a time like this. He didn't know where his loyalties lied, and one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to his arrest could sway anyone. As he pondered his predicament, his eyes were beginning to drift into slumber....
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)