Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:27 am

Vera picked up a piece of bread that had been thrown as she started to think, then she smirked and turned to everyone "I have an idea, so please listen this time at least, and no, I wont be flittering with anyone" she said giggling slightly as cracked her neck "If this is a tourney thats, once someone fights, they can't fight again, then we will need to organize our groups better, since a large chunk of the group is wavemasters, we'd be best off sending Gingi in one of the last fights and me and Ruri in the early fights, and Rayo somewhere in the middle, and for the matches that might consist of a team, we should have levels organized along with classes, a healthy mix of magic and sword will work, but we wouldn't want all the wavemasters against a group of HeavyBlades or something else." she stated as she sat down in front of everyone

"And what if they're, where you can fight more then once" Ruri questioned looking to Vera with an eye brow raised

"Glad you asked, if the tourney is set up that you fight till your HP, reaches 0 or a certain point like 1%, then we might be best off trying for power rounds, combining someone strong like Nall, to quickly wipe out the oppenents with some weaker people like Me, Ruri, and Kodel, this will provide with some healing with Repth or other means and slight backup" Vera stated again smiling happily as she looked around "Any questions on my ideas?" she asked

"What if healing of any sort isn't allowed?" Armina asked with Vera looking at her

"Depends, do you mean no healing at all, or just not out of battle" Vera asked to Armina

"Both" Armina responded as Vera took in a deep breath and cracked her neck again

"Ok, if healing of anytype is allowed but only in battle, then we will should use the same idea as the last one, except the weaker ones will completely focus on healing, that should make sure we stay pretty close to full HP, if not completely full" Vera said as she took a bite of the bread then a drink of water as she took in another breath "And if healing isn't allowed at all, then we will need to think on a extreme offense, we should try and completely pound the enemy into the ground within the first few seconds, any other questions on my idea" she said as she waited
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:59 am

Kurai arrived back in Mac Anu. The golden Rings faded around his body as he came fully into view. He checked his map, and made his way over to Nall's hideout.

Flash Mail to Gingitsune:
---------------------------------------------------
Im sorry I left, but i had to take care of a few things. I hope not much happened while I was gone, catching up on events usually ends up with bad news... Anyways, I'm on my way to Nall's hideout right now. See you soon!
---------------------------------------------------

((OOC: Sorry its so short, but 1 a.m. posts never seem to hold comlexity or length. ))
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:12 pm

(ooc: hehe, it's alright Kurai ^_^ I know how it is)

Gingitsune had quickly ducked under a large table as the food fight began, and was forgotten in the melee, except for a few people who were pelted with food from 'nowhere' as Gingi slyly participated in the fun.
She had grabbed a nice plate of food before hiding, and was enjoying it's fishy goodness as the little Goblin Creature made it's appearance.
As it finished it's proclamation Gingi noticed a few worried looks flashing around the room, and Gingi, who had just polished off the plate, came out stealthily.
"A tournament eh?" Gingi said, a smile of pure child-like joy beaming from her face, "This sounds extremely interesting! Gingi definately will participate!"
Gingi's violent happiness raised a few eyebrows in the group, the older members knew about Gingi's warlike, volatile temper, but the newer ones were slightly surprised at the usually placid Wavemistress's enthusiasm.
Nall shot her a quick look, "Gingi, this could be very dangerous, you know how the hackers operate."
Gingi shrugged and smiled, clicking her wand on the floor, "Nall, we have no other choice anyway, we must save Kayin! And besides, we've fought so many hackers, creatures, and other anomalies- and so far we've won! What's to stop us now?"
Nall nodded his head, "It's true. But in order to win this we have to be smart, we can't let ourselves get out of hand, don't get too excited and don't lose your cool. We have to keep level-headed."
Gingi brushed a strand of hair away from her face and grimaced, "When have I ever lost my head over anything? Don't worry about me minna-san, I'll do everything that's necessary."

She looked over at Asgard again, she hadn't had a chance to ask him about his situation at all, and she was still curious about it. She edged through the crowd towards Asgard, in the process being almost drenched in juice, and getting a fish dropped onto her skirt. She pulled the slimy little thing off and threw it on the ground.
Suddenly she received a flashmail from Kurai, she laughed as she read it, and replied quickly.

Flash Mail to Kurai:
-----------------------------------------
It's alright don't worry about it! Hehe, you actually did miss quite a bit, including a food fight, seeing how frightening I look in the morning, and important news- which we can fill you in on when you get here. The news can either be good or bad, depending how you look at it, hehe, I'm excited- but some other people- not so... Heh.
-------------------------------------------

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:39 pm

OOC: backtracking slightly.

ramza listened closely to what nall had to say. he still had questions but he didnt feel that this was the time to ask. *whoooooosh* a piece of someones breakfast whizzed past his ear, scaring ramza greatly. he quickly pulled out th couch from the wall and stood behind it, waiting for people to throw at him. as several fish, cereal flakes, fruit, and vegetables collected behind him. he then sat down and participated until the door bell rang, and nall opened it up to find a small goblin, much like the houseelfs from harry potter, a book he enjoyed before being locked in a subconcious state. after it was over, and competition was announced, the fighting stopped. ramza, drenched with orange walked over to nigthhand with some tomato juice on his forehead.

ramza was thinking of being in a duo team with nighthand. "nighthand, if we go into this two on two, lets be partners all right?" the rest of his comments were directed at others. "maybe it would be better if every team had a good hand to hand combat fighter and a good healer, possibly a wavemaster." now back to nighthand, "i know that all longarms would like to be together, but im wonderin whether that would be smart or not."
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:43 pm

Rayo had entered the hideout right before the messenger did. Nall had said something that finally made him have a reason to grin, not that he grinned anyway. Strategies, finally. People were deciding to plan. He walked over to some who had halted with the foodfight and Rayo began explaining plans.

"Ok, here are some strategies I have used before:

Operation Woodstock:

Target group:few enemies spread out far along the flanks and isolated from the main group of monsters

Plan:
-Faster melee fighters target the isolated beasts
-Strongest melee fighters charge the main group
-wavemasters attack monsters at the back of the group

Operation Roses of the Descending Dusk:

Target group:large groups of enemies that cannot fly or leap

Plan:
-wavemasters perform gan zots to build a type of cage around the monsters
-melee fighters leap from the rocks that from the cage and attack while in midair
-wavemasters can afterwards cast spells into the area of trapped beasts

Counted Chicken Fleeing Manuever:

Target group:enemy in pursuit

Plan:
-The player being chased leads the monster into a trap
-Another player is waiting off to the side, that player charges the slashes at where the other player was, hits the monster, helpful if they are quick

Hamster Cage Of Zaps:

Target group:lone enemy that can neither fly or possess thunder resistance

Plan:
-Surround enemy with the melee fighters in circle formation, they prevent it from retreating
-wavemasters cast thunder spells against the monster nonstop(can be subsituted by any element or a variety)

Now note, those are all tested and have worked. I have some new ideas as well I have not been able to test out, and don't laugh at the names," Rayo commented as Ruri seemed ready to after hearing woodstock. "One of those new ones is Judgement of the Soaring Cricket. It involves any class. The player darts towards the enemy and slides under it, works better for bigger opponents obviously, As you pass under a sword swipe or staff jab can be easily done. Another is the Vault of the Bunny. Allow the opponent to attack you, preferably in a stabbing motion from the front, grab the weapon and fling them into an opponents attack. If a spell, fling them up. the idea there is to use their own momentum against them. I used it on Tokki once when she had become confused but I'm not really sure how well it might work yet in other situation. Its useful if you're being teamed up on. Any comments?"
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:14 pm

Vera raised an eye brow as she listened to Rayo's ideas "Hmmm, interesting names Rayo, whats the next one" she said giggling as she walked over and picked up more random food, and threw it together on some bread "So whos next" she asked sitting down munching quietly
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:34 pm

Strangle, Nighthand had seemed to ignore the food fight, and hadn't gotten anything thrown directly at him. he was splattered with a bit of something, but he wiped it off without even bothering to identify it.

Nighthand agreed with ramza, and decided that he would team with Ramza if there was a two on two. he would keep his options open, and maybe not always be with ramza, but he would try it out.

he pondered for a while, trying to think of other strategies.

"You know people, most of the people we will be fighting in this tournament will be characters, with minds, and abilities to match us."

he then went back to his silent thinking, privatly weighing the strengths and weaknesses of each of his teammates.
Last edited by Nighthand on Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:16 pm

Armina sits eating her breakfast merrily covered in traces of food fight ammunition, not really saying much except to get more information out of Vera. Though she was a little shocked at Gingitsune's almost uncharacteristic excitement at the news of a tournament... except she could recall how battle-frenzied the silver fox could get. Armina is relieved others are bringing up tactics ideas. The LongArm really is not very good at this "planning & strategizing" thing, but she is glad others seem to be.

Then Rayo began telling about his strategies... and Armina was really glad she had finished eating before he started. "Don't laugh" he says! But how? She muses to herself almost choking on a repressed giggle. Quickly she runs to a bed & smothers her face in a pillow to muffle her howls of laughter.

"What's wrong with Armina?" She can hear the question, but can not make out the voice through her own laughter convulsions as well as the pillow.

"Don't know. Maybe it was something she ate."

Or maybe I'm just trying to respect Rayo's wishes. Sitting up Armina smiles gayly, her face streaked with happy tears. "So, Rayo..." She's trying to remain composed but her eyes are dancing with barely concealed merriment. "How many more of those great battle plans do you have? What do you suggest for one on one fights?"

"And will someone please teach me how to use scrolls or something? I never had time to learn yet! At least help me with shoping for them! I never know which to buy!"

(ooc: If someone could just say "I pull Armina to the side & explain" that will work just fine, as far as I'm concerned. There's no need to go into any detailed explanation unless you're just looking for somehting to write. *laughs* In that case, Armina pretty much understands the element part of it (fire vs water, thunder vs darkness, earth vs wood), but almost nada about the Hunter etc spells. Thanks!
I'm going to be gone til Sunday Evening EST, just FYI. Looking forward to this tourney thing! *grins* Should be interesting!)
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:24 am

Placing her hands firmly on gingitsunes head, hijinx leap frogs up to her her shoulders. Hijinx then quickly locks her legs, making it impossible for Gingitsune to throw her off. "Oh wow! Can i float things too?" asks the amazed twinblade, leaning forward and nearly throwing off gingitsunes balance. Leaning over even farther, she keeps her hands planted and her legs locked she locks the captive wave-mistress square in the eye, making for a rather amusing predicament. Regaining her balance she looks about as best she can for help. "Does this mean we get to play with some fun players and no more stupid monsters? Or will this be as boring and sad as the last couple hackers?" Struggling with an almost irresistable urge to rip hijinx off and smash her through a wall, she prys at the twin blade in a vain attempt to remove her. "Hey gingi! You can teach me to float things right? Maybe we'll even get to fight together in the tourney! Maybe we'll even have to fight each other! Oh, I just can't wait! This'll be so much fun!"
Then hijinx gives gingitsune a smile so amazingly happy and cheerful that the unsuspecting wave mistress topples over backwards and lands with a crash, a large drop of water appearing over her head. Bouncing off just before impact, Hijinx bounds off a wall and lands square on nalls chest. "Thank you nall, I know i wouldn't hit the ground!" Giving him a hug she steps off and jumps on a bed while chewing on some shisu, loudly and with her mouth open, occasionally screaming " THWIS WIS DEWISOUS!"
Last edited by Hijinx on Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:00 pm

Asgard sat down and started to chew into a nice loaf of bread that was present in the food. He had always enjoyed french bread in the real world, but getting back there to eat some was looking to be a bigger impossibility every day. He could probably see his roomate Andrew, finding his lifeless body strapped into his top of the line VR set for the game. Next comes the phone to 911 and later, the phone call to his parents and the Dean of the University. Oh he could go on about his memories of what is probably happening right now with his comatose body. He was now one of the statistics along with the countless others....

But at least the bread was good.

He took another bite of the loaf, yawned, and sat back down to the floor where he had slept last night. He really didn't have the GREATEST of naps, but enough to get him through the day. He hopes that he'll be one of the last people to fight in the tournament. It will give him hopefully enough time to rest and be ready for whatever the hackers have in store for him. He was seriously getting pumped for this battle...

...Until he saw Gingitsune, the Wavemistress, looking at him with a gaze of fear and disarray. He raised an eyebrow at her odd behaviour, but she didn't see his reaction, as she turned to the side to answer a flashmail. What was that about??? What's her proble...

His thought cut off. Reality was already overflowing him. Gingitsune knew.

Asgard stood back up suddenly, trying to get out of the hideout. Overstepping Rayo's little strategy group, Asgard stormed past the foxtail Wavemistress and exited the hideout.

The Heavy Blade covered his eyes partially, the morning sun now bright in the CG sky. He looked around to see that there was already a lot of people in Mac Anu, rushing around from store to store or trying to trade items. He looked around to see that there was posters everywhere already. Conveniently, there was a large wanted poster right next to him. He grabbed it and shifted back into the hideout once again.

Asgard walked right back into the hideout, eyes all upon him. Most likely the natural reflex of something new in the vicinity. But now, the whole group is about to get another reason to look at him in mystery.

"Everyone..." Asgard said, throwing the wanted poster into the middle of the group, "Look at this..."
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:36 pm

nighthand looked at the poster that asgard had thrown into the group. he looked up into the group after glancing it over. it was soon snatched up and disappeared in the group as they all had a chance to read it over.

hmm. looks like asgard has a little more to him than we all thought. so nall is not alone...

"Asgard, that's a lot of money. what'd you do to make yourself worth that much?"

i won't do anything... if nothing else, he hasn't been an enimie to me, and has been quite nice, in his own way. that is a lot of money, but i don't need that much... at least, not yet. nighthand thought to himself.

"Ramza, what do you think about this?" nighthand asked the wavemaster, who was still nearby.

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:01 pm

Tokki finally stepped forth from her safe side of the room being away from the flying food particles. The throwing slowed, and eventually came to a stop-- signalling her time to come forth. As she walked forth, her arms raised above her shoulders and she stretched for a silent yawn before stopping next to Rayo. Her eyes watery after yawning, she wiped away the welled up tears in her eyes and took a seat on the couch nearest him and crossed her arms. Frankly, talk of battle was actually interesting to her. Even though she was eager to leave Mac Anu for once, she could stand to stay in it a little longer, perhaps, if they were to be speaking about the action they would meet when they finally did. She sighed lightly, and twiddled her fingers along her glaive. Her index and thumb ran softly along the contours of the blades, her eyes lost in a daze of thought.

It doesn't really matter what approach we take, if you ask me. I'll be happy to work with anyone. Although...

Tokki looked up, her eyes resting on Ramza.

"Ramza, make sure we're paired up in any case, alright?" Her eyes seemed stern. Ramza could probably tell that she had something on her mind, and that was exactly what she was hoping for.

(OOC: Ramza, you should know why Tokki is telling you that.)
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:02 pm

He exchanged a glance with Ruri. Asgard was wanted, that was new information. Kayin has been abducted, they were forced to enter a competition and now they find a fugative is part of the group. Things just kept on getting more interesting. So thats what Larry had meant...the player he said he and others were going to hunt was Asgard.

"I'm not sure why you're wanted, but personally, I don't care. Your past is your business. You're a powerful fighter who seems to be both useful and dependable. A word of warning though, I heard from another player that he was going off to hunt a heavyblade with some others. I would not suggest going to in public to Mac Anu without someone else, the last thing we need is another dissapearing player."

With that Rayo walked out of the hideout to see what was going on in Mac Anu, time to get an idea how many people were planning to chase Asgard.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:26 pm

ramza took a turn at looking at the wanted poster. after nighthand's question, he seemed baffled at what it meant. "confusing...what is this? its like in the old west." ramza passed over the poster and walked away to think. with his back turned to the group, tokki scared him as she tapped him on the shoulder.

"ramza, make sure we're paired up okay?" ramza was confused. he knew she had something planned, but what? and didnt she know him and nighthand were friends.

"ummm...well...i would love to, but...i have other plans from before. im partnered with nighthand, but maybe we can be a trio? if its okay with nall.." ramza was slightly caught off guard. he wasn't expecting this at this time.

OOC:i no what u mean tokki, and i had it planned well, but i wasnt expecting this situation. umm, mayube we can still do something though, if nall lets us do a trio, or something
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:42 am

Gingitsune hung back, she really didn't want to ask questions now, and she wanted real answers. She decided to allow Asgard to speak for himself, and she saw that the whole group mobbing infront of him wasn't helping much.
She gave him an imploring look, and smiled, Asgard was never really one of those players that opened up to the group, and his past was as clouded as his thoughts- impossible to read.
Gingitsune leaned against a wall adjacent to the sitting area, and crossed her arms, she had a lot of questions to ask, questions she was sure wouldn't all be answered.
Oh well, Gingi thought, I'm good at extracting information when it's needed...
As she waited her mind went back to the tournament, how would it be set up? There was already talk of partnering up between her teammates, but she secretly hoped it would be a 1-on-1 match-up, her specialty...
She looked around the room despite herself, who would she pair up with if it was 2-on-2?
She shook her head, she'd think of that when someone managed to explain more to them.
Gingi sighed again, why was everything so full of riddles?
For once Gingitsune wanted someone to come up to them, and give them a straight answer, but it was always circumvention, endless riddles, puzzles, and obstacles.
Gingi yearned for someone to come up to her, slap her with a glove, and challenge her to a duel at dawn... Her mind wandered to that romantic scene, warriors dueling at dawn- pistols or swords?
I read too many Regency novels... she said, laughing to herself, and pushing a strand of hair away from her face.
Hopefully this tournament will be straight-forward, no-tricks fighting... But why do I completely doubt it will be?