Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:41 am

Eyes widening Armina looks at Asgard's Wanted Poster... completely forgetting in the moment that she was waiting for Rayo to talk more about strategies or for someone to explain scrolls to her. "You're wanted? Whyfor, Asgard? I mean, sure you're kinda broody & stuff but you don't seem like the kinda guy to me to be doing naughty things or anything. Are you?"

Leaping towards him she starts inspecting him closely, looking for some tell tale sign or clue that only she knows what she's looking for. When she's checked him out from top to toe -rifling thru his hair, patting him down, checking pockets & gear, so forth- the LongArm gutsily leans her face inches from his. Armina ignores that his facial expression makes Asgard look like he's going to explode... at her. So intent is she that when Gingitsune crashes from Hijinx's, well, hijinx her only reaction to the noise is the twitching of her ears through her hair to catch the sound.

"You don't have any character mods or anything? What gives? There seems to be no reason for anyone to put a price on your head!"
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:50 am

Rayo walked back in as an afterthought. No need to go find information, the tournament needed to be discussed. He pulled Armina and began a detailed explanation of how to use scrolls. By the time he finished explaining, Armina looked bored but seemed to understand most of it.

"As for partnering up in the tournament, I don't really care who it is really. Whether it be a fellow wavemaster," gesturing to Gingitsune and Ruri, "Or a someone I hardly know," looking over at Asgard and then Nighthand, "All I care about it that anyone I fight with plans to never surrender and is ready to win by any means within reason." Even though he never specified what was within reason for him, survival was top priority.

Rayo realized most had been overloaded with plans and Asgards sudden wanted posters also stirred up people. It seemed like they would need to settle down before anything important happened, and judging by Hijinx's usual attitude, that was far off. He walked over and leaned against the wall.

"Oh yes, I almost forgot." Rayo walked back over to Hijinx and Armina. He handed Hijinx a Nomad's Hood and gave Armina a Ceramic Anklet along with a Silver Bracer. "Being prepared is important." Rayo walked back over to the corner.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Sun Jun 22, 2003 4:13 pm

As the condolences and the questions started to fly his way like arrows, Asgard needed to put actions into words, explaining why he was wanted in all the Servers on this game. Yet, Armina gave him the jumpstart he needed for a flashback conversation with the group…

"You don't have any character mods or anything? What gives? There seems to be no reason for anyone to put a price on your head!"

Asgard stopped and thought, the rest of the group rather looking at him in confusion or trying to devise battle plans for the hacker tournament WHILE looking at him in confusion. Asgard sighed.

“Truth is, I actually do have a character modification. It’s my whole set of armor.”

Armina and Gingitsune were starting to get even more puzzled at his remark. He put an extended figure out, telling whoever watched to watch. He clenched one of his fists and slammed it right on his breastplate. The sound of his metal fist smashing into the brown armor plate pinged for a moment. Yet, the sound was warped somewhat, sounding like it was turned into the negative of the original. An odd, weird feeling that could make bones shake.

“My armor actually hides me from the administrators of The World. I am much like a ghost while they are on their machines, trying to find me. They can see me through the eyes of their players, but they have no way of tracing me indirectly, nor where my connection comes from.” Asgard looked to the group to see shocked faces, “Now, before you say that I’m a hacker or an outlaw, let me assure you that I am not either.” Relief. He sat on one of the free couches, waiting to see their faces for what he had to tell them.

“Actually, I was an admin myself…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You see…before I became Asgard, I was another player. I went by the call sign of Thor. This was way back when The World was first released. Over the time of a year, I was already finishing my run as a player. Thor was already level 95 or so. But, before I was going to go on the last field of the game with my companions, Loki and Mjolnir, I was flashmailed by an anonymous player on an event. He gave me a field address and told me to go there as soon as I had received the said flashmail.

Thusly, I did, telling my comrades that something urgent had come up that he had to see to. Thor went to the field to see that it was heavily edited. It was just a neverending white room (much like the one early on in MUTATION). That’s where I met the person that was going to cause me a whole lot of good and a whole lot of grief.

Zeus, one of the top administrators to The World and a person who would become a serious pain in my side.

Zeus had told me that the makers of the game and those who watch over the players saw that I was doing an impeccable job in creating such a righteous character so quickly. He gave me a plain white envelope with a letter inside that changed my view of the game altogether. Inside was a proposal from the admin board, asking if I would like to become one of the system admins. Such a jump in rank was nigh unheard of.

Needless to say, I was stunned. I knew almost everything about the game and that opportunity could broaden it further. At that point, one knows that The World was just more than a game. A few days after the proposal, I accepted training into the house of the admins.

But at that point, the good times stopped and only grief came after that.

For one of my final training exercises, I had to “eliminate” someone from the game. This person, which I’ll keep nameless, found out too much about the errors of the game. For example, the infected fields, dungeons, and even rare Data bugs. Labeled an outlaw, I was sent to delete this character before it could preach the horrors of the game. Yet, I couldn’t bring myself to deleting that person. Instead, I implored that person to hide. I could use my powers as an admin to hide it, but it refused. As you could guess, the character was deleted, but not by me. I had to get out of my profession.

Thusly, I made Asgard. Coding up a blocker against tracers, I put the said blocker into Asgard’s armor so that I could delete Thor and carry on without being taken down by the administrators of the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“All in all, my armor is a character mod that is seriously illegal. But, seeing as they can’t find me via their technology, they’re using the eyes of the players to get to me. All I know is that the admins want me deleted and gone from this game and from what I’ve seen, probably even more than just the game. So if they delete my character whilst I’m comatose, I’m pretty much dead.”

Asgard relaxed finally. That was a seriously heavy weight off his chest that he had carried around for too long. Now he waited, as there was most likely going to be a serious question and answer period as soon as they collect themselves…
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Sun Jun 22, 2003 5:57 pm

Tokki pushed back her hair with a free hand after listening to Asgards simple explanation. His situation was critical, but whether or not we believed he deserved to be deleted or not was insignificant. She hopped up from her couch and stepped forward, looking down with her eyes closed calmly.

"There shouldn't even be any questions after that explanation. With him in a comatosed state on the outside, there is absolutely no wrong he could have done while in The World that could merit them deleting him at the risk of his life in the real world."

Tokki gritted her teeth hard, and felt her eyes squinting beneath a huge load of frustration that was eating at her very mind. It was absurd that players... That people should even have to explain things like this in order to save their own lives.

"There are no accounts, registrations, save points, continues or second chances outside of this game. This isn't a simple quest anymore. This is life and death." Tokki felt her voice begin to quiver underneath her own emotions and struggled to keep anger from accenting her voice when it expelled from her chest.

"And now Kayin is with them, and life hangs in the balance. So I don't care about any doubts or inhibitions anyone may have about not getting him back because they will have no moral value. So I suggest we get moving to this Yamiyo server quickly, because you ALL would want the same were you in Kayin's position, and NONE of you are in any predicament to deny him that. NONE of you." Tokki turned from the group and proceeded to sit in a bed across the entire hideout, her glaive draped over her lap. She hugged her knees and felt her entire body shaking-- partially with adrenaline, and partially with fear. She never was as good at keeping her composure as KJ was. Her head dropped, and she sighed lightly. She hoped she hadn't crossed and thresholds with anyones respect, but it needed to be said.
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:45 pm

((Hi Evevryone! I'm back! I took lots of pictures at the anime convention I went to it. It was really great(blew $315 dollars at the dealers room ^.^) Anyways.....your guys did a good amount of posting while I was gone @.@ well, Ruri Hoshino is back and ready for action! ^___^))

"Tokki's right, besides sitting hear and discussing about a straigity isn't going to bring him back like a simple and clean TV show or pre-destined battle in a console game." She looked at Tokki and every one else, breaking her slience. "Besides, who knows what the hackers are doing to Kayin as we speak. For all we know right now he's being tormented as a childs play toy would be abused by the owner." Ruri looked around seriously looking into every body's eyes. Ruri didn't show a smile nor a frown. She didn't seem to have any emotion what so ever. Her eyes seem to be creating a small sheild around herself, letting her words become powerful with everyone for once.

"I may not be the strongest member of the group, nor the wisest, but I believe we should head over there right now. And, as soon as we get there we can think of more stragities there or even along the way. Because this time around, thinking isn't much of a option at the moment. Because all were doing by thinking is slowly taking away our own time to save this person and slowly killing another's life. So, are we going to stand here some more and talk about it? Or are going to head over there and save his life?"

Ruri stood there, place a hand on her waste looking at every one, seeing if they were going to comment. She cracked her neck a bit, getting even more ready and then picked up her wand slowly, hoping every one would take in what she said in consideration. Plus, she also knew Tokki was right, they just couldn't sit around and make fancy plans about to save some one's life. Its just taking away percious time they needed to save Kayin. But then again, was time ever on their side ever since they fell into a coma. "So...are you guys going to come up with a fancy plan and risk Kayin being killed or are we going to leave now?"

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:26 am

Armina thanks Rayo heartily for the scroll lesson -even though it did make her head spin a little- & for the new armor. "Wow! These are so cool!"

Listening to Asgard's explanation she just kinda stares mutely... absentmindedly changing into her new armor at the same time. She would never have thought that his armor was the modification... much less the rest of what he was telling them.

With a thump!, the LongArm lands on her tush. With all that she's been learning & hearing & trying to think of herself her mind is more than plenty full. She agrees with Ruri, for she too would rather just fight & stop her busy head. At the same time she needs a few moments to digest all her new information.

Getting up she dusts off her bottom & ties a spare bandana around her ears... just in case. "I'll be right back... I think I'll go see if I absorbed all that Rayo taught me about scrolls!"

With that she leaves the hideout & heads to the spell shop.

(ooc: Thanks to everyone who helped in making a banner for Armina! I managed to make one myself though, & cuz I'm so proud that I actually succeeded I had to use it! *grins* thanks again!
If we leave for the tourney before I get home from work tomorrow, I got back in time! No leaving me behind, okies!)
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:45 am

Rayo got up and moved from the wall. He walked to the door and turned around. "We've done enough planning, we've rested. So instead of talking about going, lets just go. Discussions have ended," Rayo thought. Rayo placed his hand on the doorknob and and as he twisted it to open, he stopped. "Either we need to use the Chaos Gate or Nall has some other way of getting there. So Nall, can we get going?" he mentally thought. But Nall was not one to be rushed. He would tell them when, but if he did not do something soon, who knew what could happen...

ooc:Sorry its so short, figuring we really just need to head out now.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:16 am

"Rayo, we'll go when its time, we all want to save Kayin, but rushing in half aware will get us killed, we must be hundred percent prepared" Vera said yawning in lightly as she looked around "Plus Nall, need to come back to earth, he is constantly spacing off." she said smiling as she flicked Nall on the cheek "Sleepy head, time to wake up" she said trying to get a reaction out of him "Hmph, damn lazy leader" she said as she sat back down awaiting what should be done sooner or later
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow