Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nall

Armina and Rayo VS Desmith and Julian

Post by Nall » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:38 am

(OOC: You get to be creative here! :D YOU get to chose what your enemy is like! Everything from appearance to skills to their own special hacker abilities! (you are all fighting hackers remember :D) Obviously the way you're gonna get levels etc in this tournament isn't going to be how well you can solve my riddles. This is more of a fun thing where you can be uber creative! The more creative and intersting you make your opponents and your fight the more you will be rewarded! It might seem unusual but you get to be creative and it should be lots of fun to make the whole fight with none of my boundries! anyways, I hope you all enjoy lol :D)

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:04 am

Rayo and Armina turned to their opponents. The hackers, Desmith and Julian. At the moment, nothing could be told of their appearances. Julian's orange robe covered too much of his body. In the case of Julian, no weapons could be seen and his armor was obviously not normal. It was glowing a light purple and faded in and out.

Rayo glared over at Julian. There was something just not right with that hacker. He carried himself in an arrogant way, it was not just that though. He seemed...familiar...Even though Covered by a crimson robe, it was obvious he was not a wavemaster, he was far too tall to be one. So...he was a melee class. That was valuable information to start off with. Both sides reached the combat ground. Neither team seemed to want to begin yet, both sides measuring eachother up. Rayo figured hacker intelligence would have supplied enough intel on them, Rayo and Armina had far more to gain from this policy of stalling. Julian halted and his eyes wandered over to his own. He seemed to have anger there. It was...curious, Julian did not even glance over at Armina yet his eyes were piercing into Rayo. Rayo set his own penetrating gaze back. It seemed to practically be a staring contest. Julian's eyes seemed to be searching his for something...was it fear? Doubt perhaps? Maybe looking for a weakness or reassuring himself he could win? To respond, Rayo continued his own watch. Those eyes, those eyes...they seemed familiar...

Julian broke the standoff by averting his own study. The pair of hackers stepped into the "arena." It seemed plain enough. The base was raised three feet from the ground and was about 30 yards in diameter. The ring was a circle shape. Many of the floor panels seemed old and cracked. Not the best kept tournament ground but it was one of the hackers. they were most likely too lazy to fix it. Armina strolled forward and took the position in front. Rayo calmly stepped just inside the boundaries. He shook his head to her. they needed to avoid the opposition till they knew more. Armina seemed to be wanting, longing for a chance to strike though so Rayo decided to handle that with one long range barrage that could hit both hackers.

An emerald green light flashed, obviously to initiate combat. To avoid disapointing the hackers he started off with a devestating assault.
"GiRai Rom!" The heavens shook and down from the sky spiraled a set of bolts aimed at the hackers, Julian and Desmith. The voltage shooting shots plowed into both hackers, scoring a mulititide of direct hits. A shocking message in its own right appeared above both.

Thunder Tolerance

Obviously, they had done their homework. Three of Rayo's spells were lightning ones. That left him with the relatively weak Rue Zot and La Repth for healing, not good. Seems evasion would definately have to continue like originally planned. it was time to wait and see if the hackers made a mistake.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:41 am

Armina had been wanting to get this fight over with, but she knows Rayo was right in waiting & not charging blindly forward. She remembers what he told her when they agreed to be a team.
Rayo wrote:"Armina, I know our first strategy. Its called running and dodging. we'll wait and find out their weaknesses before we attack. I think we should start off with that."
Momentarily she brushes a hand against her pack -& the strangely comforting doll inside. Almost instantly she feels a sense of calm & waits for Rayo to call out one of his battle plans. She had memorized them before leaving Mac Anu; just in case.

But then...
Rayo wrote:An emerald green light flashed, obviously to initiate combat. To avoid disapointing the hackers he started off with a devestating assault. "GiRai Rom!" The heavens shook and down from the sky spiraled a set of bolts aimed at the hackers, Julian and Desmith. The voltage shooting shots plowed into both hackers, scoring a mulititide of direct hits. A shocking message in its own right appeared above both.

Thunder Tolerance

Obviously, they had done their homework.
The LongArm is stunned for a moment, realizing that those two words meant bad news for the electrically strong Rayo being able to do great damage. Desmith is smirking at her, lovely aquamarine eyes sullied by the complete lack of warmth. Is he flirting with me? Weird. He looks the glowing vision of a knight, what with his sparkling armor, dark hair, & vibrant eyes... the LongArm is not fooled however. She might have easily been led astray on first impressions had they met on the street, but here on the battlefield of cracking stone she accepted his part in the vile plot to kill them all.

The other is not even looking her way. He is focused only on her WaveMaster partner. They have not moved apart or even taken new stances. They're mocking us... Both seem to be waiting for Rayo & Armina to run screaming for thier mothers & forfeit both the match & their lives. Armina will not do that. There's too much riding on their winning... like their lives.

But wait! She knows there is no time to wait. If they're tolerant of thunder that must mean...

Reaching into her pouch she pulls forth a scroll. "DarkNight!"

Her cry rings out & its echo reverberates from the random ruins that remain & encircle their battlefield. The ground below the hackers shivers & shakes beneath their feet. For one second, Armina thinks she spies a fleeting look of fear or uncertainty cross her opponents faces --but if it was the case she can not be certain. Desmith shoves Julian away from him & tries to increase the distance between them. Then it happens.

For a split second the arena floor is still... then it erupts into four terrifying spires. Armina called it, but she had never before seen the spell. Purple-black & glistening in their anti-light the claws of darkness tore into the hackers. Smoke like whisps of darkness seep from the claws, bluring the hard lines of the protruding talons to Armina's eyes. Still she could see it was hurting them. Then she saw something that really made her "WHoop!!!"

Elemental Hit

"You!" Desmith spat. He was glowering at the LongArm, no longer looking like he wanted to try & win her over. "You had Darkness Magic! You've never used anything other than your own skills!"

Armina laughs shaking her head gayly, letting her cat-like ears soak up his words. I better hold onto the sound of that! I might need it for reassurance as the battle goes on!

Turning to Rayo she smiles brightly. "I learned good, right?"

He nods mutely, not fully believing that she managed to do what she did. He thinks to himself that it's a good thing indeed that he went over spells & scrolls with her. "So they're weak against Darknness..."

"& I've only got 4 left now. We need a plan!" Readying as defense -able to go offense on a whim- the LongArm returns her attention to their foes. "Tactics are your department, partner! Let's have some Flaming Monkey action or something!"

It was just an odd combination of words that she threw to Rayo... but the thoughtful expression might mean something else.

(ooc: Rayo, I'm guessing you want to get this fight finished before you are gone... so IMO whatever we can do to end it quickly is good!
'sides... you're fighting! *grins* the master tactitian! We're bound to be relatively quick about finishing them off!
...of course if you want to have it take longer, one or both of them can "alternate" elemental strengths & weaknesses -like fighting Seymore in FFX. yuck!)
Last edited by Armina on Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:25 pm

ooc:short? Not really. I figured we could get a lot of posts in...

While Desmith was cursing Armina for her scrolls Julian was simply staring at him. Why did he seem almost obsessed with him. It was slightly unnerving. Even though Armina was obviously a bigger threat than Rayo at the moment, he continually focused on him...why?

Julian grinned and he began to cast a spell.
"Fi Fui Tsui Ryu Cui!" It was obviously a hacker spell. The result was yet to be known though. A pale white sphere began to envelope the two hackers. They had created a sheild...with a visable hit point count.

What was the point of such a weak sheild?Would it reflect their attacks or absorb certain types of attacks or spells? It was a threat none the less. It would be better to strike from the distance. He signaled to Armina by tapping his wand four times quickly. That meant let him attack and then if there was an opening, she should go ahead with a powerful assault. Judging by their distance from their foes and how effective her scroll had been, that would most likely be her follow up strike. Rayo tapped his wand a fifth time but on this count, the earth beneath the sheild erupted in ice. "Rue Zot!" The sheild burst apart but the hackers just stood there like before. It was time for Armina to finish the attack...
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:53 pm

(ooc: ack! Sorry Rayo... I got really sick & could not bring myself to read anything on the computer screen cuz it hurt my eyes & made me woozy... *sighs* & then the site exceeded bandwidth again... *sighs* I'm feeling better now, but we're trying to get a house & between that & work & family stuff I've not been online, like, at all)

My turn. Armina thinks to herself, fingering a scroll in her pouch. She has no idea what the point of such an obviously ineffectual barrier was for either. I should check their elemental status, just incase... She knows how to bring up an enemies info bar: what their element is, how many hitpoints they have left. She toggles on Desmith. What the...? The bar is glowing! Shifting to Julian she finds his is the same way. How can that be? What does it mean?

"Rayo! Their info's all wiggy!"

Giving the LongArm a fraction of a puzzled glance, Armina can tell when the WaveMaster checks this for himself. She can't wait though. Knowing she has to try something, yet afraid to use up her few held scrolls the LongArm shifts through her skills, looking for something useful. She selects one & runs forward, pulling out & using a SpeedCharm on her way to face the enemies. From the corner of her eye she sees Desmith take a protective stance, but still close to Julian. Julian, who for some reason never strays his gaze from Rayo, does nothing. Oh that's sick... does he have something for Rayo? She shakes her russet tresses in something that is almost pity, not noticing the smile on Desmith's face as he missinterprets her outward display of her musings as uncertainty of the fight at hand. She continues to think while running, oblivious to the hacker's cocky smile & the glint in his aquamarine eyes. ...poor disturbed Julian-hacker; he didn't see how cute Rayo & Ruri were together the other day...

Her skill blinks white at her - she knows she's in range now. "VakRepulse!"

Her BerserkSpear glows like fire, red & orange flames flickering from the spearhead. She spins & slices at Desmith (ooc: cannot recall if VakRepulse is a single or multiple target attack. -_-). There are flashes of hits taken... at least they look white to Armina, as quickly as they flash in & out. Not that she can see much. The LongArm is not accustomed to moving this fast. Her own weapon seems a blur in her hands, the tendrils of flames swiriling further intensify the dreamlike effect she feels.

As long as the physical attack hurts some, it doesn't matter if the magical fire part of it hurts as much... but it would be nice if they're not resistant to it! I want to hurt them for all that they're doing to eveyone!

In her perifrial vision she sees one of the hackers move as if about to attack. She knows she had to get into physical combat range to pull off her skill, but she had hoped she might get back out of range before they could hit her. That didn't seem like it was going to be the case. VakRepulse was obviously a longer attack than Armina had accounted for, but hopefully it was worth it in hurting the hackers.

Her attack ends, & the hacker's is about to start. She bolts to try & get out of it's range, almost certain she won't quite make it. This might be a great time for that "NoDamage" extra on my spear to start working!
Last edited by Armina on Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:29 pm

Desmith was occupied with Armina who would soon be whethering an assault. The hackers seemed to be casting some kind of spell.
The bar is glowing! Shifting to Julian she finds his is the same way. How can that be? What does it mean?

"Rayo! Their info's all wiggy!"

Giving the LongArm a fraction of a puzzled glance, Armina can tell when the WaveMaster checks this for himself.
It was good news. If they were changing, perhaps the thunder tolerance had been lifted. They might be assuming that he would not try a rai spell again. There was one catch however. What if they knew he would figure that it changed to make him waste sp. But what if they thought he would conclude it with a trick and therefore not attack even though their resistence was gone. It was puzzling. Time to try something slightly cruel. He spun his wand above his head and shouted his signature phrase.

"GiRai Rom!" he shouted.

Several bolts of thunder burst forth above the hackers. The attack split up slightly though. About half of the bolts were aimed at the hackers. The other 50% were aimed right in front of Armina. As Desmith's spell was cast the ground beneath Armina was about to errupt. A zot style attack is what it appeared to be. The lightning charges racing at Armina collided with the ground that was bursting forth, therefore, one attack from above hitting one from below, they canceled out. The other bolts smashed into Desmith.

Critical Hit

It appeared that the tolerance had switched to counter Armina but it left them wide open to Rayo. Rayo saw as the remaining two thunder bolts smashed towards Julian.

Thunder Tolerance

It would seem Julian was wary of Rayo much more than Armina. That was unwise. If Armina were to reveal another scroll, he would take massive damage.

ooc:California was fun. Thanks for not finishing it without me Armina.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:06 am

(ooc: glad you had fun in California, Rayo! I'd never end it without you! *sheepish grin* ... that & the fact I'm really bad at ending these fights. How 'bout I let you cover that aspect? I'd hate to end the fight if you had something really cool you wanted to do -- I tend to wing it. *grins*)

Breathing heavily, Armina could hardly believe her luck. No... not luck... good teamwork. The LongArm beamed a smile at her WaveMaster partner in thanks. I don't know how he divided his lightning attack like that... but I'm certainly gratefull. That could have hurt!

catching both her breath & her balance the perky LongArm notes both the Critical Hit on Desmith from Rayo's GiRai Rom... as well as Julian's Thunder Tolerance. hmmm... Armina ponders to herself. Maybe it's not an interest thing... maybe he's really only afraid of Rayo.

She draws up her shoulders & catches Rayo's eyes. He nods at her... as if he knows exactly what she's thinking & planning. With a giddy grin she acknowledges Rayo's desire for discretion in this attack. So Julian doesn't see me as a threat does he? Well we'll see about that! I can be tough too!

Her hand goes determinately to her pouch... & lingers there a moment. But which spell should I use? Darkness again? Or something else?

She whirls on her opponents, a fiery gleam in her eye. No time! Kismet will guide!

Her hand leaves her pouch... empty. Instead it joins the other in a grip on her BerserkSpear. She slashes at the empty air before her as she targets Julian and names her spell. "RueKruz!"

Torrents of water beat against the unsuspecting hacker; he whose gaze has never waivered from Rayo. Armina looses sight of him for a fraction of a moment through the water & foam of her attack. Over the roar of the water she can hear Desmith call Julian's name, his handsome face struggling with some inner turmoil. Probably worried about what he would do without Julian. Mr. pretty-boy-Desmith is obviously the weaker fighter.

Elemental Hit!

Water dissipates into mist, and the mist blows away gently. Julian's orange robe clings oddly against his light purlpe, almost lavender, glowing armor. The LongArm stares at the drenched hacker, watching the glowing lavender armor fade in & out. She cannot take it anymore. She giggles, shaking with her internal laughter. Julian slowly turns his gaze towards the girl for the first time this battle & she bursts out in gay peals of laughter, doubling over as she points at Julian with the hand that is not clinging to her spear for upright support in her mirth.

"Oh... my... HEAVENS!" Laughter errupts between her words, an unintended taunt, but a taunt nonetheless. "You actually left the house in that?" Tears are running down her face merrily. "I mean, really! Orange... and lavender? Are you colorblind or something? It's... it's hideous!" He's glaring at her now, but she can hardly see or care through her gales of giggles. "At least you could have picked a vibrant purple with that orange cape of yours... but lavender?"

"Or a red cape! That would have been nice with any shade of purple... & very noble looking too. Orange & lavender... why they're colors I would only use for a clown or a court jester! & now you look like a drowned rat! A drowned rat of a court jester!"

If looks could kill... Julian would not be bothering with the spell he is starting. The court jester comment had been the last straw. The girl calling him a drowned rat only added fuel to the fire. She really has his ire now. Rayo barely manages to shout her a warning before Julian casts. "Watch out 'Mina!"

Too late. "Rue Chi Ni Ra Rom!"

Briars of darkness leap from Julian's fingers, wiggling & writhing their way towards Armina. Her mirthfilled frame is caught up in clinging, clutching vines. She draws in her breath sharply as the briar's thorns pierce her skin & a poison that feels vaguely of dark & night seeps into her bloodstream. There is a fog of darkness encasing her in its cold cocoon, hindering her sight past the ropes of briars that hold her upright as they squeeze her into oblivion.

"Foolish girl. I had thought to let Desmith have you at the end of this fight. He seemed quite taken with you." Julian's voice sears like ice in her ears. How can anyone be so cold? "But no longer."

Desmith gives a faint protest at which Julian holds up a hand for his silence. The silver knight pouts but quiets.

"You interfered and..." Armina could have sworn that if she could have seen his face that his Adam's Apple just bobbed distastefully. "...insulted me. That... I cannot allow."

The thorny bindings constrict tighter around her, piercing ever deeper into her fair flesh. Ringlets of blood tickle faintly from her wounds. Armina would scream if she had the breath to do it. As it is her breath is more aptly being used right now for breathing.

"You should be honored... this is a special spell of mine. One designed to cause the most pain before the victim pleads their last." Armina could almost taste the sinister sneer on Julian's face through the dark fog enshrouding her. As if the darkness was a twisted manifestation of his own evil & corrupt soul.

She can hear faintly Rayo's voice "LaRepth!"
...she feels the warmth try to flow back through her body for a moment, but she knows it will not be enough. Rayo... please... remember what you taught me... he's using some sort of wood & darkness spell... don't heal me! Use your lightning now!

Armina can only hope Rayo sees the situation for himself. She has not the strength nor the breath to relay anything to him. If she did... it might only alert Julian & give him time to change his defenses again. What I wouldn't give to be telepathic right now! Never have I wanted so much to be able to send out my thoughts to someone!

hmmm... odd Vision fading in & out Armina splashes a HealthDrink on her side as she finagles it out of her pouch -which by some miracle or act of fate has not been touched by the ripping vines. It heals a little, but not near enough. The voices of her fellow combatants are what the russet haired LongArm is attuning her senses to now. Better that than the pain. Is Desmith... is Desmith pleading for my life? She chuckles to herself. Must be my imagination... no one's that stupid!
Level 33

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:51 am

It hit him. Only one person was that cruel. Only one person...

"'Mina, don't move!" he warned.

Not that she would be able to. The vines contricting her were a problem, no. A hinderance, those vines would be gone, and Julian would get a taste.

"Thats enough hacker, dying twice isn't good enough for you?! Fine, ?I have have no problem making it three times now!? Thrice before you have bothered me, that was one thing, that!" gesturing to Armina, "Is quite another!"

His eyes sharpened and he thrusted his wand forward.

"Rai Don!"

The bolt shot from the sky and zoomed at Armina. The bolt slowed slightly and curved at her. The zap grazed the vines and twisted again. It swerved in and out until the bonds that held Armina were gone. The bolt broke apart into nothing, the strain too much for it. Rayo chanted again. This time the Rai Rom. Several scattered bolts thundered towards Julian. Julian laughed and gestured with his hand the he redirected the Rai Roms back at Rayo. What he failed to notice, was that after Rai Rom, Rayo immediately had gone to work. A Gi Rai Rom normally came from the sky and it did. Instanteously though, it dipped down and went on a direct course for the Rai Rom. The bolts collided but the stronger GiRai Rom won out. All Rai Rom bullets were gone and three of the GiRai Rom ones smashed forward. They all peppered Julian, giving him minor burns.

"It called setting you up. You fail to win everytime I have something new up my sleeve. This is from all my knowledge of lightning. Remember our old friend, my Immolating Rai Wave you stripped me of? The mark made by the Thunder Dragon on my right hand still exists, none of its power resides there but it left some valuable information. I can manipulate the bolts of lightning now," Rayo finished as a La Repth cured Armina further and his sp vanished completely for the moment, being at 0.

ooc:Sorry for not attacking him first 'Mina but prioties, you know. If you im me, we can discuss some plans for the fight.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:05 am

Her breathing comes out in ragged little gasps. I'm free! I'm free!

Casting Repth on herself a few times, she tries to make sense of what she thought she heard while she was having the light squeezed out of her. Her bleeding stops & the pain fades, but it will take time to seal all of her cuts & scrapes completely.

Rayo... knows Julian? Rayo had some uberlightning power... but now he has different lightning powers? How is that? She shakes her russet tresses, trying to clear her mind of thoughts & cobwebs. No matter really... I'll ask him about it later... now's the time to fight!

With that she reaches into her pouch & pulls forth a spell randomly. "RainingRocks!"

Desmith covers his head in vain as countless rocks appear from nowhere & begin falling from the sky, bombarding the two hackers. Boulders crack as they land on hacker heads, splintering into smaller fragments as they tumble around & between the two men. Huge boulders become rocks, large rocks break into stones, stones crumble to dust which lingers heavily in the air. Armina & Rayo can hear their foes coughing from within the dust cloud.

The dust settles, & Desmith & Julian look rather worn... as if they have been through a tumbler designed to polish stones.

"Don't forget..." Armina sputters with a grin. "You've got to deal with both of us!"
Rayo wrote:ooc:Sorry for not attacking him first 'Mina but prioties, you know. If you im me, we can discuss some plans for the fight
ooc: np, Rayo! I just wanted to leave it open for you! Not like we can read minds, ya know! *giggles*
Level 33

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:25 am

ooc:course not, hehe
"Don't forget..." Armina sputters with a grin. "You've got to deal with both of us!"
As his sp was useless at the moment, it was time to do something to keep the enemies at bay. Before any plan could be acted out, Julian performed another spell.

"This is called, gamble," Julian laughed with pride.

Armina gave him a curt nod while giving him a disgusted look. Rayo glared on and walked away.

No more games. I'm tired of fighting you. This whole stupid tournament is a waste of my time. I've got better things to do. If you want to fight, beat up your non multi-colored buddy over there and beat eachother senseless for all I care. I'm sick of hackers with their superior attitude and their self claim to absolute power. You lack any real power. You are a hacker. Yet, you can't handle the two of us fighting within the rules. Either your hacking skills are sub-par or hackers are all talk. The move gamble requires us to not move. If one does, the other is hit with a Rue Zot. If we move at the same time we either both are hit or neither. All you do are variations on regular moves. A hacker should in theory be able to just delete me with a press of a button. Do you even understand how half your moves work? I found an accomplice of yours. The one who granted you the pwoer that made you appear to be freezing on that field so long ago. He talked. I had to torture it out of him though. He's alright. Just deleted. I set up an endless loop of deletionf or him when he tried to hack me and got himself by mistake. I knwo everything you can do, your limits. Once I identified you, you were doomed. It appears you are at a tactical disadvantage. You could just forfit. You would live a little longer. Your so called partner is even weaker than you. If you want my advice. Suicide would suit you better than continuing to face us. Do you know what it feels like to be in a coma and have your mind stuck here. We do. It isn't pretty. Its bearable only because we're not completely alone. All it takes is one other to make you want yo continue living even though its hopeless. You have no one. You're alone. You do one messed up hack and you'll be in a coma faster than I can shock you. Now, I want to let you in on a little secret. Do you know how quickly sp recovers while you chat and don't move much? And that gamble expires after 10 seconds? Now, ready to die?"
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:08 am

When Rayo finished his speach Armina simply stares at him. Never had she heard him say so much... & here he had spoken a mouthful!

Desmith looks in bewilderment between his partner & Rayo, as if trying to make heads or tails of the situation. Poor guy seems to be in the dark... Julian ignores Desmith & scowls at Rayo, obviously trying desperately to still have the upper hand. Rayo seems to think otherwise, & if he believes that, so does Armina! He nods at her, an unspoken signal, & she remembers what he had said towards the very beginning of his rant.
Rayo wrote:The move gamble requires us to not move. If one does, the other is hit with a Rue Zot. If we move at the same time we either both are hit or neither. All you do are variations on regular moves.
They bolted away from each other simultaniously; she reaching into her pouch, he readying his staff. Julian's "gamble" goes off... lots of neat effects which do ... absolutely nothing.

I haven't tried this one yet... Her fingers pluck a spell. "GreenGale!" "RueZot!"

Rayo's spell cast simultaniously with hers. As the swirling tornado of leaves picked up speed around Julian & Desmith the water from Rayo's attack joined the fray. and they thought they'd been put through the ringer before with the RainingRocks... now it was like a washing machine's spin cycle!

Critical Hit

Armina cheers & winks at Rayo. Their combo... however unplanned had gone beautifully. I only wish I knew which element had caused the damage...

Laughing as the spell wears down, Armina readies for a physical attack. It just feels so much more gratifying than spells. Not to mention how dizzy I'm feeling, & cold inside... but I'll deal with that later.

For now she had to tease. Leaning forward alluringly with her spear, she taunts the dazed pair. "I told you had to deal with both of us! And I ment you would have to deal with both of us!!!"

With that she stuck out her tongue at the stupified hackers before lowering her spear on them. She is ready... waiting only for Rayo's signal to commence.

Meanwhile Desmith stares at the LongArm in disbelief. Something about what she just did strikes a cord in his memory. Shaking his head he tries to dislodge the thought but it keeps coming back. Absentmindedly he lowers his hands to the hilts of his swords. That's right: swords. Amid all the casting & talking Desmith had completely forgotten he was a sword-wielder. Something of a mix between TwinBlade, HeavyBlade, & BladeMaster. His only real spell is Repth, which he casts on himself.

He sees Armina preparing for close combat fighting & grins. This he can handle.

(ooc: okay... getting too stupid to post well tonight. *laughs* Oh well.
I probably won't be on til late tomorrow for anything, but I've got Wednesday off so maybe we can work something out then as to when to end this battle. *grins* not before you want to of course!)
Last edited by Armina on Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Level 33

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:39 pm

ooc:I have Rue Zot, not Gan Zot

It would appear that Desmith and Armina would soon be crossing blades on the battlefield. Rayo tapped his wand once and blinked, the signal that Armina could call Counted Chicken Fleeing Manuever whenever she saw it necessary. Desmith and Julian parted sides and walked to opposite corners of the arena. They were asking for one on ones.

"How pitiful of them, doubleteam time," Rayo.

Armina nodded and both fighters flipped around to face Desmith, with wand and spear ready. Both charged over towards Desmith. Armina raced ahead, swinging her spear at her side. Rayo followed closely behind, halting part way while casting his signature spell.

"GiRai Rom!" he chanted rapidly.

The bolts jolted from above and split their path. Half towards Julian and half at Desmith. Armina raced across the cracked stadium panels, the sound of footsteps humming on the floor, her pace quickening. Desmith saw Armina running at him. A moment later he saw the lightning coming at him from a slightly different angle. His head swerved to Armina, then back to the bolts. his head spinning, should he try to dodge Rayo's spell or block Armina's spear? He became so confused and worried, neither happened. As Armina closed in, every bolt slammed into Desmith's right side. A split second later a stab from Armina to his left side left Desmith wimpering. Julian looked so angry that his face was bright tomato ruby red. He must have figured that they would have accepted individual fights like earlier matches but he was dead wrong and Desmith paid for it.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:04 pm

(ooc: yeah! *cheers* I'm finally posting! Rayo, I hope you don't mind if I end this... but I wanna make certain to at least have this fight over & done with before I fall off the face of the internet world for a while. Whole post on the topic in General Discussion. *grins*
Rayo wrote:ooc:I have Rue Zot, not Gan Zot
fixed! *laughs* dunno HOW I messed that one up!)

Poor little pretty boy... all KOed from our Counted Chicken Fleeing Manuver. The perky LongArm giggles and turns away from the unconsious blade-wielder to square off with Rayo against their remaining opponent. I'm almost sorry we never got to see what his pretty swords could do...

Seeing Julian's face red with fury causes Armina to burst out laughing. "For someone who seems to bring grief to my friend Rayo here you're not overly smart are you? Now what are you going to do without your meat shield to take hits for you?"

Spinning her spear around her head like a baton Armina tossed the weapon in the air, catching it expertly as gravity returned it to her. In one fluid motion she drew both arm & spear back, perpendicular to her body. With practiced strides she runs at her foe... knowing as she does that she can count on her partner for anything. Right before passing Rayo she slung off her spell pouch, flinging it into his chest. Rayo nods as he catches both the bag & the gleam in her eyes.

In her fingers she has kept hold of one scroll... & just as she feels her added speed is about to fade Armina uses the SpeedCharm on herself. Laughing gayly she nearly flies the remaining length of the arena to reach the scowling Julian. Her pace does not falter when she sees that he's preparing to cast. If anything her grin expands. This will be fun.

Knowing she would be unable to hit Julian before his spell was unleased, Armina is not surprised to find herself surrounded by blinding flames & whispy tendrils of heat that burn & cling to her like glue. Almost like burning strands of silly string. She thinks to herself, even as she winces with the pain.

"RueZot!" The sound of Rayo's spell is sweet music in her singed ears. From beneath Julian water errupts like a geyser, soaking him head to foot once again. Armina laughs & prods with her spear... finally within reach of at least her spear's tip.

Julian jumps, as if surprised to see her. "Boo!"

With a smile, Armina casts a Repth on herself. Spinning around like a dancer she thwacks Julian on the back of his knees, causing him to sway to regain his balance. The glare he gives her might once have scared her, but the LongArm is having too much fun now.

Lightning shoots out of the hacker's fingers to snake around the LongArm who dares to pester him & keep him from his self-chosen target. Armina shudders with the pain it causes, intensified by the water splashed on her from Rayo's last attack on Julian. Still she smiles... driving Julian mad with fury.

At a safe distance Rayo smiles to himself, drawing the desired spell from Armina's pouch. Sometimes the simplest tactics can have their uses... especially two versus one. "DarkNight!"

Darkness engulfs the two, but Armina is spared the pain as Julian is the target of Rayo's scroll. Again she Repths, spins, then stabs. A new element surrounds her, jarring her body with pain. Again Rayo uses the opposing element upon Julian just in time... giving Armina enough breather to Repth and begin again. When she can, she laughingly taunts Julian between blasts of his hacker magic.

"Did you ever notice that there are no bo-staves in The World? Why is that do you think?" Thunk! Her spear dives at his feet, tripping his footing slightly. Thwack! The BerserkSpear is spinning around, slapping Julian in the back with a joyous warble. "I've done a bit of training with staves in the real world... I suppose I could have made a WaveMaster, but they just don't have the strength or spead to make using their staffs, wands -whatever!- much fun at all!"

"Repth!" Armina sighs as the healing magic enfolds her in comfort & the easement of pain. "So you see, when I really want to enjoy the fight all I have to do is: DANCE!"

The added speed from her SpeedCharm still going strong, Armina weaves an intricate dance around Julian as he continues to cast feverishly upon her. But the hacker's shield attempt earlier not only changes his elemental defence, but also his available elements to cast. So with each spell Julian casts it is easy for Rayo, out of the tight inner fray of the battle, to cast upon Julian's weakness before the shielding shifts again.

Through her constant chattering -not to mention her constant pummeling- Armina keeps count the spells Julian has cast on her. Hence she is not surprised when Julian engulfs her in gales of water. She stands still as Julian smirks at her through the berating waves. "Now what will you do, fool-hardy girl? Rayo has no Fire magic to come to your aid. You will drown... & he will follow you."

Armina stares at him in shoked disbelief, & Julian takes it the way he is already thinking. "Ha ha ha! So you are just a stupid girl after all! You & Desmith really ARE a pair!"

He really doesn't remember? He doesn't remember......"that I have the Fire Magic! VakRepulse!"

The flames on her spear sizzle in the water that encompasses her, forming clouds of water vapor to billow up around them. Through the forming mist her burning spear can be seen spiralling into & around the orange-robed hacker. His anguished cried rise easily from the enshrouding mists, even as Armina spins in the air to deliver an extreamly painful blow. Amidst all the ruckus, both can hear when Rayo casts the finishing blow. "GiRaiRom!"

There is no real need for Rayo to control any of the massive bolts of lightning, but he does anyway. Four he holds back in quivering anticipation as the rest zoom into the foggy sphere surrounding Armina & Julian. The electric ribbons light up the mist as they make for their target, & forcibly connect. There is no ElementalDamage bonus this time, but after each of Rayo's elemental counters before there is no need. It is only fitting it should end thus.

Julian slumps to the floor of the arena amidst hushed silence. Rayo uses the four remaining bolts to attach the hacker to the arena, for the sheer principle of it all.

Breathing heavy from her exertion but still beaming, Armina is about to join Rayo to hear their names anounced as the winners when something clamps down on her boot. Looking down with a start the LongArm is surprised to see Julian sneering up at her.

"Do you treat all your real world friends as well as you treated Desmith moments ago? No wonder you had to escape into The World.

Julian's remaining strength fades & his hand falls listless from his hold on her boot. Armina looks to where Desmith lay unconscious, just rousing from beign knocked out. Just what did Julian mean, anyway?

With a little roar Armina sprints across the stadium at Desmith, aiming her spear at his face & skidding to a halt with the tip inches only away from piercing his flesh. "What did Julian mean to compare you to my real world life anyway? What kind of trick are you trying to pull?"

Desmith sighs. "No trick, Trell."

Armina jumps, startled to hear her nickname from the real world uttered in The World... much less from a hacker that was supposed to try & kill her. "Don't call me that."

"You didn't mind when you where my fencing sparring partner."

"Ryan?" Desmith nods morosely. "How could you...? ... NO." Armina amends her own question focefully. "I don't even want to know." Tears are welling up in her eyes even as she holds her spear steadily in place. "All that matters right now is that we win; we win so we can live. Which means you must lose. Even if that means stabbing an oopnent when he's down."

"No need, Trell. I won't fight you anymore." Armina can see the sincerity in Desmith's eyes. "I still can't stand that you chose him over me, but if I can leave The World after loosing this fight I'll let him know you're taking care of yourself just fine."

Crying now, reminded of Trevor, Armina lowers her spear. From within his armor Desmith pulls out a brown paper package, tied with a string. Sitting up warily, he thrusts it into the LongArm's free hand. Rubbing the back of her hand across her eyes she looks at the parcel quizzically. "You always did love that song. Open it sometime. It might be useful to you."

With that he blinked out... as if he logged out directly ro was summoned mysteriously away. No trace of ChaosRings anywhere. Numbly, Armina returned to Rayo's side where he returned her spell pouch & what was left inside of it. His eyes gleam at her, seeming only to say "we did it!"

Armina grins back. Yes, they had done it. She hears Garaa announce their victory & the resulting cheers of her friends in the stands. She lets a smile creep over her face. Maybe later she would open the mystery package... but for now she would revel in the glorious feeling of victory.

With a whoop of glee Armina throws her arms around her unsuspecting WaveMaster partner & swings around him in an impromtu victory dance. Laughing, she does not let him go until she is quite dizzy & giddy with relief. They won.
Last edited by Armina on Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Level 33