Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nall

Kayin, Tokki and Ruri VS Selenia, Corsel and Kalundra

Post by Nall » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:39 am

(OOC: You get to be creative here! :D YOU get to chose what your enemy is like! Everything from appearance to skills to their own special hacker abilities! (you are all fighting hackers remember :D) Obviously the way you're gonna get levels etc in this tournament isn't going to be how well you can solve my riddles. This is more of a fun thing where you can be uber creative! The more creative and intersting you make your opponents and your fight the more you will be rewarded! It might seem unusual but you get to be creative and it should be lots of fun to make the whole fight with none of my boundries! anyways, I hope you all enjoy lol :D)

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:47 pm

Tokki and Ruri were the first to enter the circular arena, followed slowly by Kayin, the former Heavy Blade. Tokki and Ruri both turned with concern to try and aid Kayin, but he quickly shook them off as best he could, and forced himself half-way to the center of the arena. As the three looked forwards they noticed their opponents had already entered and were standing with smug looks on their faces, the combatants for the fifth match had all entered the arena.

The middle hacker stepped forward a little and sweetly shouted “Do you want one of us to sit the fight out, It looks like the purple-haired one has no weapons let alone enough strength to walk. It will be way to easy if all three of us were to fight you two girls and a half dead opponent!” it was evident in her mannerisms that she was being sarcastic, especially when all three of the hackers began to laugh themselves silly. Ruri and Tokki were concerned about that as well, they could see no weapons on their teammate at all, not to mention his physical condition.

Kayin shook his head and turned a little to the right, then kneeled down on his left knee. He glanced up toward his mocker, Selenia, she was fairly slender, with long flowing red hair, piercing sky blue eyes, and a red steamy looking aura rising from her and her twin blades. Kayin grinned slightly at her, and he himself managed a laugh as he spoke clearly, yet his voice barely carrying the distance acrossed the arena. “Ah, so you are the weakest member of your group...“ Selenia shook her head in response. “I am in no way weak, this aura that surrounds me is an obvious indication of my power.

Kayin looked the twin blade dead in her eyes, “I think not, I’m willing to guess you aren’t a very skilled hacker are you?” The comment struck a nerve in Selenia as she immediately tried to dash towards the party, but was stopped by the other two hackers both of which were wearing dark cloaks that made them look like black silhouettes, one of which made the comment “Don’t be stupid, he may not really be as bad off as he looks, not to mention that you’d be dashing into a trap I’m most sure.

All three of the hackers looked at each member of the group searching for any doubts fears or threats they may possess, first they each looked at Tokki, she was skilled and confident, and it showed. But none of the hackers seemed worried. Next they surveyed Ruri’s appearance, She was a wavemaster, but that was all they could seemingly see about her, but they stared at her for a while, specifically her equipment, they obviously wanted to know what spells she had access to with her equipment, but still showed no signs of doubt or uncertainty. Lastly, they looked at Kayin, they could easily see he was weakened and the armors he wore, but none of that bothered them either. But they continued staring at Kayin for a great while, they couldn’t distinguish his class, and Garaa hadn’t given them any information about him. As far as they could tell, he was mostly weakened, he had no weapons, only a couple of weak attack spells, he didn’t look to be any threat at all. But why was he grinning? It was the unknown that was delaying them.

Their thoughts were soon broken by a shout from Kayin “Are you just going to stare at me and stupidly wait around? Tokki, Ruri, are you two ready? We have to do this, so we might as well do it...” The two questioned him back “Are we ready!? We were waiting for you to get ready..” Kayin replied calmly “I’m as ready as I gonna get unless those idiots want me to recover my strength.”

The trio of hackers was obviously getting upset and began their final preparations, removing their cloaks, wielding their weapons, introducing themselves and staring down their opponents, primarily Kayin, the one that was mocking them the most.

I am Selenia, the Twinblade Master of Illusions” Selenia called out once she regained her composure.

“I am Kayin, of the Forgotten Myst” Kayin said bluntly as he remained kneeling on a single knee.

The remaining combatants took turns introducing themselves...

(ooc: So tired, I wanted to post before I went to sleep, especially since this is my first in like 9 days... But I left it open, I you like it... Give Corsel and Kalundra whatever classes and abilities you want to.)
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:08 pm

Ruri wanted to help Kayin face off against Selenia, but he only seemed to brush off Tokki and her help or concern. Ruri looked down sadly, knowing it'll be more of a 2 vs. 3, instead of 3 vs. 3 because of Kayin's condition. But, she couldn't doubt Kayin just yet, who knows he might have a few cards up his seelve they didn't know about. "Aw what's wrong little girl? Going to go cry to cry to your mommy?" One of them said, mocking her.

Ruri's eyes widen hearing such a pitful remark. "Excuse me?" She said looking at both hackers. "Are you hard of earing? I said are you going to cry to mommy?" She said mocking her again. Ruri gripped her wand, seeing who she was going to take on, she seemed a little shorter than the other two hackers. She was a blademaster, she had a black bikini armor top, with arm warmer sleeves like Ruri's.

Her pants look like a belly dancers, with no doubt some sort of armor under neath as well. The only thing that didn't match was the ugly shoes she wore with the outfit. She had short blonde hair that looked like a guy's hair style. Her dark green eyes showed her arrogance well just like partners. Ruri looked at this one and gave a small smile. "My my, where did you get that outfit at? Oh I know, probably goodwill in the game, your outfit doesn't match at all, its pathetic to look at." Ruri said.

"Really? Your outfit isn't any better honey. So I suggest you shut it." The hacker said. "Why don't you come and make me...whoever you are."Ruri said challenging her. "Your more foolish than I thought. Find then, if you insist on challenging me wench, I shall accept." She said stepping forward. Ruri shook her head and twirled her wand a put, signifying she was ready."before we fight, please tell me your name, so I know who I'm defeating."The hacker said.

"My name is Ruri Hoshino wavemistress of eternal light. What's your name." Ruri said dryly. "My name is Corsel, the blademaster of pain. Get ready to scream." She said getting in a fighting stance. "Oh dear, I'm scared of the boy looking wench."Ruri said, beginning to shoot her mouth off. "You should be brat." Corsel said. Ruri and Corsel were definately ready to fight, but they were waiting to see if Tokki and Kalundra.

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:45 pm

Tokki harumphed and stepped forward. Her cerulean locks dangled delicately over her forehead, and she raised a hand simply for the purpose of moving them out of her eyes. What was revealed to Kalundra, the last hacker, was a facial expression that could strike an indifferent fear into the hearts of any hacker. Her brow was furrowed hard and a menacing glare was apparent on the sweet girls face, taking away her sweetness altogether and instead leaving a battle ready long arm ready to take on any challenger. Tokki brought her glaive out in front of her, and pointed it towards Kalundra, her eyes narrowing with condescension. There was no reason for her to fear any of these three hackers. Especially if these are the expendable, non-elite, sub hackers that the top 8 were using carelessly in a tournament. Confidence was easily apparent within her, and signs of doubt were absolutely nowhere. Her sapphire pools were fixated on Kalundra, who had just droped her cloak to the floor,k revealing to Tokki that she was indeed a long arm. Tokki could do very little to repress a grin that made her incisors glint in the light surrounding the coliseum.

"Now that I know you're a long arm, I can be sure that you're at most the second best of your class in the game-- you could never measure up to me, hacker." Tokki sneered.

The hacker took one step forward, and pointed her weapon towards Tokki, a violent expression obviously meant to instill aggresive tension within the Blue-haired long arm.

"Don't you dare waste pitiful words of insult on me, coward. I'm not here to babysit immature, weak players. You're pathetic. Regardless as to how much you boast and instigate, the fact still remains. A hacked character is a normal character that is stronger and better in every category. You, weakling, are obsolete."

Tokki grinned, and allowed her glaive's blade to touch the ground. The fact that these amateur hackers were so confident in the invincibility of a hacker in general was proof of their weakness. Tokki lowered her head softly and began to chuckle. The three hackers exchanged looks before bursting out into laughter over Tokki's gestures.

"This has been amusing, but shall we get down to the point. This is ridiculously pointless for us. We'd love to deplete your hit points quickly so that we may advance in this tournament."

"You're so naive," Tokki muttered from under her breath, before raising to catch the gazes of the three hackers again. When her eyes were revealed again by her raising eyelids, a different sight greeted the hackers. Her pools of cyan were glowing a magnificent blue, and her body began to glow as well. The color from her eyes and of the aura surroundng her body began to illuminate brighter, before it completely consumed her. "If a hacked character is superior to normal characters. What determines whether a hacked character is more superior to another hacked character!" The hacker with the aura surrounding her body felt her mouth drop open with suprise before snapping it closed again. She turned to one of her partners and whispered.

"What's going on? What is this effect?"

Tokki's right hand extended outwards, and her glaive was pointed right at Kalundra, her eyes glaring violently through the darkness outside of her bodily emanating aura, and deep into the eyes of her foe.

From the sidelines, all watched. Asgard turned to Kurai against the side of the coliseum wall, and whispered to him. "Our side has plenty of suprises, we're not to be taken lightly either." Kurai frowned and looked back at Asgard quizzically.

"Eh.. no pun intended, of course." Asgard cleared up. Kurai snickered, rolled his eyes, and turned back to the fight.

Tokki's glaive seemed to inherit the glow from her body. The light blue light covered the glaive and extended towards the end of the weapon, before the light brightened uncontrollably, causing everyone in the coliseum to shield their eyes momentarily, until the brightness slowly subsided. What was revealed was amazing. The shaft in Tokki's hand had taken on a new design, but what was truly horrifying was her weapon. It didn't look like a weapon at all anymore. What she held was a staff, whose back end was driven into the ground, and whose attacking end seemed not to exist at all. At the tip of her ornate ice decorated wand, as a single floating ball of water. Kalundra looked over at her teammates slowly, and looked back at the seemingly useless weapon before the three of them bursted out in a hideous roar of laughter.

Kayin and Ruri gulped hard. What had Tokki done? Whatever she had done, she made herself even weaker. Now it seemed as if Ruri was the only one who actually had a weapon! And what's worse, the hackers were ready to attack.

"We've had enough fun and games... Let's get this on!" Selenia growled. And with that, the three hackers advanced quickly, their weapons bared in their hands ready to strike.
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:15 pm

Selenia wanted a piece of Kayin, and she wanted it badly. Kayin had insulted her hacking abilities, and that not something that liked, she was determined to show him exactly how powerful she was. She charged forward faster then the other 2 hackers, Selenia was trying to circle around the other two players so that she could get to Kayin without having to go through either Ruri or Tokki to get to him. Vengeance was dancing in her eyes as the quickly rounded the arena to the purple-haired fighter.

Kayin stayed kneeling and pivoted on his knee, following the movements of the twin blade, he whispered “Ap corv” upon himself. It was amusing to him, he had to have struck a tender nerve. Kayin managed a smile to the oncoming twin blade, who was being cautious at the suggestion of her teammates.

Selenia slowed her advance and waited till Tokki and Ruri moved to fight the other two hackers before she made he move on Kayin. She rushed in with her twinblade weapons and shouted “Twin Dragons”, her blades erupting into flames as she began her attack of quick slashes at Kayin. Kayin shoved himself to the hacker’s left and rolled a couple feet ending up in the same kneeling position he assumed earlier.

As Kayin looked up, to his dismay Selenia was right above him, almost as if he hadn’t moved at all. He quickly thrusted a fist towards the twinblade and was even more shocked when it missed. The realization of what happened came to him quickly as the burning blades danced acrossed his back. All Kayin could to lessen the blow was weakly hurl himself forwards with the slashes. Kayin stood up from the ground as the hacker finished her attack. He turned his head to look at his attacker.

“Nice trick, but it won’t work for long.” he said as he stifled the pain and felt the fresh blood running down his back from the shallow wounds. Kayin turned again as Selenia began to laugh once more, her confidence in her own power increasing.

If you can’t hit me you’re not going to be much of a challenge, I’ll make you eat your earlier words before I kill you.” Selenia said hauntily as she licked one of her blades. And took a stance for another attack.

Kayin stood serenely, shakily, but still serenely and face Selenia. Selenia gave one last smirk before she dashed toward Kayin again for a second attack, but as she began to seemingly swing her blades for his stomach, Kayin jerked his head to the left and quickly reached out to grab something. As he did, the image of Selenia before him instantly vanished and another appeared to his side. Selenia’s eyes opened wide, Kayin had caught her wrist mid-swing. As the surprised over-took the hacker, Kayin gave a quick burst of power as he brought his right around in a fist while pulling Selenia towards him by her left arm.

Kayin released her arm as his fist collided with the hacker’s stomach, a sharp thud was heard throughout the arena. the sound drew everyone’s attention, even the other four player’s that were fighting. Everyone turned in shock and awe as Selenia went tumbling acrossed the arena floor and the words ”Life Drain” flashed above her. Kayin fell back on one knee from lack of strength, even though his health had been vastly recovered.

Everyone seemed shocked. Corsel and Kalundra’s jaws dropped open, they had never seen someone hit Selenia that hard. The party was amazed as well, and began shouting gleefully. Even most of the elite hackers seemed a bit surprised, the had ideas of what to expect from Garaa’s experiment, but this caught them off-guard. The only one not surprised at all was Garaa, he sat if his chair with a smug smile and asked sidelong at his fellow elites “I do good work do I not?” The lower elites nodded quietly, still a little surprised, and Royce just laughed.

Selenia began to pick herself up off the ground, she was completely pissed. Kayin had made a fool of her for a second time. She quickly grabbed her twin blades and looked at Kayin, he was kneeling again, and breathing a bit hard. But, she was still a little edgy and kept telling herself that ‘That was the best Kayin could do, look at him, that was probably all he had, he couldn’t possibly pull it off again.’ But the reassuring words did little to boost her confidence, she had underestimated him, and that cost her more than she wanted to admit, it costed her some of her pride.

Selenia held back from charging in again and began trying to form a strategy in her head. She was ready for anything, or so she thought. “I’ll make him pay for that, this I swear." she grumbled to herself as she continued to think.
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:11 am

Tokki motioned for her opponent to advance on her, and sneered in her direction with her new seemingly weak weapon readied. Her body was surrounded by a cyan aura that gave her the distinguishing look that a star has that burns brighter than all the rest in the sky. Tokki was more focused than she had ever been in a long while. No longer was her mind littered with the unearthly trash of worry induced by comatose. Her breaths were steadied and perfectly regulated. She could hear hers and her opponents heart beats. This was the zone she entered when dueling. Nothing else mattered except for the action and reaction. Newton did not matter. For every action, there is a better reaction. Equality would not win anyone a fight. And this was to the death.

Wasting no more time, her opponent advanced, slower than Tokki had expected. Almost immediately, however, the two were together, yet despite all of the quick movements and attacks, the only person who was taking a swing was Kalundra the entire time. From that point of view, the battle was terribly lopsided. Tokki did not even swing with her weapon which seemed to be incapable of dealing much damage anyway. Kalundra was attacking over and over again and could not even land a blow on the opposing long arm. Consistently her stavish weapon sliced through the air towards Tokki and found that air was the only thing it hit at the end of it's run. Tokki kept a slight grin on her face as she hopped left and right, evading easily her opponents blows. Finally she skipped backwards, just dodging a vertical slash from her opponent aimed at the tip of her forehead.

"This is pathetic. I haven't attacked you yet."

The hacker was breathing heavily, and stood, gritting her teeth in anger. Frustration wracked the hackers body, and she moved her hands to cast a spell.

"Ap Do." The hacker muttered. As soon as the encantation was finished, the hacker took off towards Tokki, who this time needed to use her new weapon to parry and dodge at the attacks. Tokki's grin had faded from her face, and instead her beautious visage was encrypted in focus and indescribable determination. She was determined to leave this bout unscathed. That hope was almost dashed, as a swing got by Tokki's defenses and lashed at her shoulder. Tokki reached up with her weapon towards her shoulder-- and time slowed again. It was impecable that her weapon got to the necessary position before the opponents blade struck her. The possiblility was nil. The blade soared towards her shoulder, and it seemed as if the weapon had struck its mark, until Tokki's new weapon defied the laws of the game. From the globe of water hovering at the end of the stick, extended a long, scythe shaped blade of ice which sped out to the front of Tokki's shoulder, and shielded her from attack. As the loud sound of metal hitting a hard surface entered the air, Tokki raised her knee hard and into the gut of her opponent, causing her to stumble backwards. With that, Tokki spun a complete three sixty to her right, lashing out with her Mistglaive upon completing the turn, which contracted into a ball of ice again, and extended into another blade in the opposite direction again, stabbing into the side of her opponent, evicting a scream of pain.

Tokki pulled the blade out and stepped backwards, raising her weapon defensively and allowing her opponent time to recover so that they may continue this fight at maximum potential.

Somethings wrong-- this fight seems too one sided. If this is all she's got, she doesn't even stand a chance...

Kalundra stopped her ranting abruptly and stared straight at Tokki, a grin spreading across her face. She was quite enjoying the fact that Tokki could sum up that she could simply 'go easy' on her until she felt like finishing the fight. What arrogance! thought, Kalundra.

"You have no chance, Tokki." Tokki's eyes widened at the comment. Her mistglaive was readied, and she squatted into a defensive formation to await an attack that would be much stronger and faster than that of which she had faced thus far in the bout. Kalundra's heavy laughter soon stopped, and she raised her right hand into the air. Expecting a spell, Tokki's eyes narrowed, watching and waiting for any signs of a casting. But her efforts were in vain. Quickly, Kalundra's hand dropped, and she performed a casting call bow, her head lowering to her opponent seemingly out of respect. However something outrageous happened. At the end of her bow, her body disappeared. Tokki's gasped audibly, and jumped backwards a couple of steps in confusion.

You've got to be kidding me... I have to fight someone I can't SEE?!
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:54 pm

Corsel attacked Ruri first, but more of a teasing manner. She swung her huge blade around, making it seem like she was trying to hit Ruri. Ruri dodged with ease and backed away quickly looking at Corself questionaly. "What are you pulling wench?" Ruri asked. "Whatever do you mean? I'm trying to hit you little ant."Corsel said standing in a fighting stance, "So why not hold still why I try and chop you in half." Corsel jumped up, trying to attack Ruri in the air, but Ruri jumped away barely missing the blade. "This is utter bullcrap...I know your not trying, so quit the stupid games already!" Ruri said getting a little annoyed. "Games? Oh no...I haven't even begun to play with you just yet."Corsel said standing calmly.

Ruri this time took the anitiative and quickly did a small flying air kick, knocking Corsel to the ground. She then used her wand like a spactula and picked Corsel as high as she could, the used one of her legs and kicked her like a ball into the air. Ruri jumped up into the air and wacked Corsel hard as she could like a baseball and landed on her feet and hands. Corsel fell hard on the ground back first. Ruri got up, standing straigth, only see to see Corsel laughing. "Is that you got little baby? My my, I've seen ants give a more fight than that. Come on and try again." She said, mocking Ruri. Ruri growled and picked her wand in the air, "Ap do!" Ruri quickly went to Corsel picking her up and throwing her hard into the ground. Corsel did nothing but laugh everytime she hit the ground.

Ruri grew more annoyed and angered than before trying other fighting techniques, only to get laughed at by Corsel. Ruri Threw Corsel hard to the ground once again, this time Corsel did a backflip in the air, landing on her feet and knees, smiling at Ruri. "Ok child, your play time is over. Now its my turn to play." Corsel snapped her fingers, having her blade return to her. Corsel stood up straightdusting herself off a bit and then looked at Ruri. "As I said, I am Corsel, the blademaster of pain. Now you shall see why I'm given such a name." Corsel smiled and then jumped up and thrusted her blade into the ground. Ruri looked around and the ground around her began to shake dramatically. As the ground began to shake spikes upon spikes began to appear from the ground around Ruri.

Ruri's eyes widen trying to keep her balance while not trying to fall on to the spikes. Corsel laughed seeing Ruri was having trouble keeping her balance, "What's that you say? You want the ground to shake more? With pleasure brat!" Corsel picked her blade up again and then slamed it hard into the ground, making the earth quake even worse. Ruri Had a even harder time to Balance, as more spikes kept appear. Oh no! the worst the Earthquake goes, the more spikes come out. How am I going to survive? Corsel's going to send me in a early grave without her even touching me once! Somebody help me! "What's wrong little girl? Can't take the heat? I'm sorry to hear, well suck it up brat cause this is only the first game we're playing!" Corsel said mocking her more.

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:21 pm

Tokki stood perfectly still, her Mistglaive held fast in her hands. Her eyes were trained on nothing in particular, but her ears. Her ears were her only possible defensive mechanism that she could think of at this time. She listened for her invisible opponents advance, only to gasp audibly upon a hard object slamming into her backside, flooring her. Her chin hit the floor, and her head bounced back upwards before slumping to the floor again. Regaining her composure, she flipped upwards using her palms, propelling her body into a forward somersault to get back on her feet, when she felt a hard object slam into the back of her legs, felling her in mid flip. She skin across the floor angrily, taking brutal amounts of damage from an opponent she couldn't even see.

Her Mistglaive's orb of water sparkled and shone in the light of the stadium, and gave off a subtle aura that held it's overall fantastic appeal. Standing herself up, she backed into a defensive position again, awaiting another attack. Her weapon was held out in front of her, and she concentrated on her opponents attacks. Her mind was cleared, and her weapon steadied for attack. As Kalundra lashed out for her neck, the Mistglaive expelled a blade shaped shard of ice from the orb of water, stopping the attack short.

This continued for some time, Kalundra striking out at Tokki, and her weapon falling short due to very timely intervension on the Mistglaive's part. Kalundra growled in anger, and hopped backwards from Tokki' side. Her spear was waved in the air, and she muttered the words 'Ap Do', increasing her speed along with her attack rating. Soon, the weapon she had was thrusting and slashing at her over and over again at an incresaingly high rate. The Mistglaive could only do so much, and every few swings, Kalundra's weapon would strike Tokki hard in the ribs, or lash her across the arm, sending her reeling.

Oh my god... How am I supposed to defeat this hacker! She thought. This is ridiculous and impossible. Tokki was not the type to give up, however-- and she trudged on.

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:41 am

Kayin remained kneeling, it was obvious he was saving as much of his energy as he could. He was definantly at a disadvantage now, but if he had ample time to recover, he was sure this would be an easy fight. But he didn’t have the time to recover... On the other side though, Selenia was actually holding back her greatest strengths, she didn’t appreciate completely butchering someone, that in her eyes was nearly defenseless. But she also refused to loose the fight. She looked at Kayin, a question weighing on her mind. It couldn’t hurt to ask, the worst he could do was not answer... she thought to herself as she looked towards Kayin.

You, how did you figure out where I really was? It was luck wasn’t it. Selenia said with a laugh.

Kayin smirked in return, “No, I’ll tell you exactly how, your movements make noises, especially your blades traveling through the air and your foot steps, they give you away far too well.”

Selenia looked at her pack, briefly annoyed and debating ending the fight with the fist fighter before her, but shook her head, she was sure she didn’t need to use its contents. ‘He is far to weak to waste those on...’ she thought to herself as she studied her opponent ‘’but he isn’t nessacarily going to be an easy target... What exactly did Lord Garaa do to him... He looks like he is barely holding on to consciousness, yet he only hit me once and it wasn’t a weak hit either...” Both were vastly underestimating each other, unable to see each others true powers.

Tokki and Kalundra were going at it on the other side of the ring. Kayin cracked a smile as he noticed Tokki doing so well. But it faded to an intrigued look as Kalundra turned herself invisible. Selenia began laughing at time, she was completely sure that Tokki was doomed at the hands of Kalundra. “See that?” the twin blade said towards Kayin. “At that rate she will surely die, as will you as soon as I see fit to end this. I applaud your attack, but its futile to fight the inevitable, there is no way I could lose to you in your weakened state.”

Kayin looked back to Selenia, she had pulled out another trick, or rather a more advanced form of her previous one. As Kayin looked up, he was forced to question his situation, he was seeing triple. A look of confusion passed his face briefly. Selenia just laughed at him, but still remained concentrated on the fist fighter before her, he had surprised her once, and she didn’t want to let it happen again.

Selenia approached quickly, all three of her visages closed in with an incredible speed, each from different angles. She began her Twin Dragons attack once again, all three Selenia’s executing the moves simultaneously. But, as they approached, Kayin glanced up with an unnerving smirk. Kayin used another burst of his remaining energy to use his newest skill. Kayin pushed off from the ground into the air several feet as he rotated in the air and bought his heel around in a 360 degree vertical arc. But Selenia had stopped just out side of Kayin’s kick and began to laugh. But Kayin’s foot hit the ground just in front of her. The impact resounded across the area once again and sent shock waves of force out into the surrounding area. The middle and the left visages of Selenia vanished as the right one was knocked back several feet by the impact.

Kayin fell over even weaker than before after expelling the much energy and lay motionless on the ground, his eyes blinking rapidly showing he was still conscious, but dizzy and weak to the point he could barely move. Selenia had fallen to the ground several feet away completely unaware of Kayin’s exhaustion. Her mind had drawn a blank as she kept replaying the events in her head, ‘How could he have hit me? I know he missed, but what happened? He could barely move before that... Or was he playing me this entire time? I hit him with my first attack, it was too easy to hit him then, but my second attack he completely countered it. How!? How can he be doing this.’

Selenia quickly realized she was wasting time thinking, and quickly got to her feet turning to look at Kayin. She shook her head at what she saw, he was just barely conscious. He looked pathetic lying there. She could easily end the fight right here if she wanted to. But she decided to admire how well her fellow hackers were fairing against Tokki and Ruri, It seemed they had the upper hand on their opponents...

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:28 pm

Tokki's breathing heavied, and her eyes began to dart frantically around the room trying to figure out where her foe was. Her teeth were grinding together like like sandpaper on a rough wooden surface, intensifying her already hightened worry. Her hands gripped tightly on her mistglaive, she turned to her right by instinct, but felt a blade slam into her side from the opposite direction, sending her skidding over the ground a good 10 meters. She spit out the dirt that had collected in her mouth and stood up calmly, her eyes closed to hold back her frustration.

And then just let go. Her mind slowed and calibrated itself with her heartbeat to fuse itself with her body. Her hands were loosely gripping the mistglaive which she held in front of her. She had little time for recuperation, however, as the blunt end of a spear struck her in the ribs again, expelling a loud 'Oomph' from her on contact. Tokki's right hand shot out and grasped the spear that had struck her. Her eyes opened, hoping to catch sight of her attacker, yet all she could see was nothing-- her hand seemed to be grasping nothing. Wasting no time, however, she spun her opponent by the weapon, and launched her across the room. From the sound of it however, her foe had landed on her feet. Tokki resumed her concentration, and the aura around her began to brighten even more, the cyan magical hue intensifying with her focus. Suddenly, Tokki's eyes shot open, those cerulean pools of cold fury, sullen in her stoic facial expression pierced through the arena towards where her invisible foe last landed. Suddenly, the mistglaive was lit up with energy, and Tokki held it upright. What happened next was a strategic anomaly. Rains seemed to pour from nowhere, drenching every inch of the playing area-- yet nothing outside of it. Tokki felt the beading of the water covering her entire being, saturating her. She loved it. But what was more interesting was the pattern her water was making around the space where her invisible opponent was standing. Tokki's face brightened suddenly, losing the frustrated frown it previously entailed.

"Bingo," she muttered to herself.

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:54 am

Selenia’s look of amusement faded as the rain began to pour down. This rain, if left unchecked may complicate her use of some of her skills. Selenia turns to focus her gaze on Tokki, the perpetrator of the falling water.

Selenia turned back to look at Kayin, who was still only barely holding onto consciousness. "I hate water, but first things first." the words came lowly from the hackers mouth, barely audible to anyone as she quickly moved toward Kayin. She began with a kick to his side that sent him sprawling acrossed the floor and rolling into a wall. Selenia turned to approach Kayin once more as she put her current weapon in her pouch and pulled out a different set of twin blades. This pair had blades forged to resemble flames that gleamed red within her hands, a weapon that was obviously created to suit its
wielder.

Selenia picked up the aching body of Kayin so she could attack him better, the hacker slashed at the lifeless body numerous times till it seemed there was no life left in the fist fighter. She turned away from her victim and let him fall into a slumped heap upon the floor. Selenia then reached into her pouch for her remaining custom items and switched them for her normal equipment and dropped the sack to the ground. She first put on a pair of boots that appeared to be made of red scales, followed by a crimson dress adorned with a black silhouette of a dragon acrossed the front, a pair of fingerless gloves also accented in red, and finally a headband with a red dragon emblem upon it. As the hacker finished her ensemble, a pair of angel-like black wings grew from her back, and a sadistic smile crossed her face.

With a light push of her legs and a flap of her wings Selenia took to the air. The crimson glow that was surround her intensifying as she glided higher into the sky. She stopped and hovered by flapping her wings around 100 ft of the arena floor. The crowds could barely make out her actions because of the surrounding aura. What everyone couldn't see, was Selenia holding her daggers up and bringing the down through the air to meet in front of her, but what she couldn't see was Kayin had managed to use 2 health drinks on himself as she had climbed to that altitude. Then came the crying of the abilities name, "Dragon's Breath" echoed throughout the arena as a pillar of fire 15 foot wide came spiraling downwards upon the immobile Kayin.

The fire came crashing down upon Kayin and the arena spreading out as it his the ground and burning off all the water and moisture surrounding Kayin, leaving behind a humid cloud of smoke and Kayin lying there motionlessly. Selenia swooped down to survey the damage, and was satisfied that her greatest attack had to have finished off her opponents remaining health. The hacker then turned toward Tokki, her affinity for water would pose a serious threat to her, Selenia thought it would be in her best interest to help Kalundra defeat Tokki next, and with 2 against one Selenia had no doubts of an easy victory. She approached the two long arms, Kalundra had lost her advantage due to the rain, but Selenia could fix that easily, the hacker flashed a malicious grin.

Meanwhile, behind Selenia Kayin was waking back up, he had always been unable to remain unconscious in hot and humid weather, the remaining fires from Selenia's attack combined with the rain was actually forcing Kayin awake. He stumbled quietly to his feet, still smoldering a little from the pillar of fire. "La Repth" he whispered to recover his health and held up a speed charm to add the effects of Ap Do to his Ap Corv. Kayin moved first to the pouch Selenia had left lying upon the ground. With a grin he retrieved the Hyakkidouran from it, and proceeded to silently follow Selenia toward Tokki.

Selenia began to push off from the ground and flap her wings again, she was planning to use the 'Dragon's breath' attack again. As she took to the air, Kayin saw a perfect chance to use the daggers. Kayin reared back with both Hyakkidourans in his hands, and hurled them as Selenia began to hover above in the air, Kayin had a free shot on the hacker. The twin blades were sailing through the air towards their targets, as Kayin shouted toward Selenia "Hey! Angel-face, have a nice fall!" It was too late for the hacker to do anything, as she realized what the words meant, her own weapons pierced the joints of her wings.

Selenia let out an ear piercing shriek as she felt the pain and started to fall. She quickly hit the arena floor. Kayin smirked, the uncomfortable humidity had revivified him from him queasiness, the roles had switched, Selenia was now the one lying disoriented on the ground, and Kayin was standing over her. "You were mistaken to assume me dead so easily, I won't die that easily, and you've revealed the extent of you powers now, You are as good as defeated..." Kayin's words were plainly spoken.

Selenia didn't take long to gather her senses and responded with "You conniving bastard!" and quickly got to her feet and tried to slash at Kayin. But Kayin caught her right wrist before the blade could hit him and countered by kicking over the hacker's arm and acrossed her face, then bringing his foot in the opposite direction for a second kick this time to the back of Selenia's head. Selenia looked toward Kayin fiercely and tried to attack with her left arm. But Kayin shoved her arm to his right, forcing her to turn to her left putting himself out of the reach of her attack. Kayin then let malice take hold of him, he grabbed one of her disabled wings with both hands, and kicked into the small of her back as he pulled on the wing.

The bones within the wing cracked and popped as the opposing forces began to rip it from the hackers body. Finally, the bones gave way and the wing tore just behind her back, sending Selenia forward to the ground with a shrill scream of intense pain. Selenia rolled on the ground screaming and crying, the display made Kayin feel remorseful for tearing the wing off. But the thought came to his mind, This is life or death for me, there is no time to feel remorse. But Kayin didn't continue his attack, he couldn't bring himself to attack her while she was writhing in pain like that, he moved to an arena wall to rest some more as watched the hacker continued rolling around, screaming, and crying
in pain.

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:17 pm

Tokki's maintained her concentration on her opponent despite the bright flash and intense increase in heat coming from behind her. Her eyes stay trained on the outline of her opponent which had formed due to the rain she coated the arena with. The hackers body was outlined where the light patter of the clear droplets of water touched her body, creating an emptyness where the rain should have fallen through. Tokki ran her tongue across her lips, taking in a couple drops of cool water that had fallen onto her from above, savoring the taste of what would be victory. Her eyes closed as she tasted the sweet flavor of her fate, which ultimately would include the defeat of Kalundra, the invisible hacker before her. As she finished her moment of perfection, her eyes snapped back open, revealing a menacing stare that pierced through the heart of the invisible Long Arm before her. An audible gasp of fear was heard from beneath the raindrops that sent a pleasant shiver through Tokki's spine. Her knuckles popped softly as she tightened her grip around the slick surface of the Mistglaives handle.

Tokki voluntarily depleted 15 of her SP to increase her odds of mutilating her opponent along with her pride by casting Ap Do. Adrenaline and magical power coursed through her digital veins, heightening her reflexes. It was a state of euphoria for her, and she loved it.

Kalundra swallowed hard. Her hands were shaking on the Spear she held in her hands. The obsidian blade that jutted out from the silver handle dripped wet from the rains above. Soon her fear turned to frustration, and her teeth ground into each other. Something wasn't right.

How cocky of her to drop her guard when she has no way of knowing where I am. Tokki's actions were viewed by Kalunda as insolence. Known to run foolishly on a short fuse, Kalundra sprinted forwards to meet Tokki head on with a powerful swiping assault. The obsidian blade began to glow with a light that wasn't emanating any glow outside of it's aura. The power was of darkness. A trail of dark energy hung behind the weapon, littering the sky with it's presence before fading into nothingness again. Fighting invisibly also taught her to perform her attacks without saying them, which would give away her position. As she came upon Tokki's frame, she slashed outwards with her blade, above Tokki's waist. A surge of fear spread through her as the mistglaive abruptly raised, it's shaft stopping the assault head on. Continuing the Ani Doom despite the parry, she dipped her blade downwards, slashing below Tokki's waist as well-- only to meet the other end of the Mistglaive's shaft. The ensuing clang of metal evicted a deep fit of laughter from Garaa, who was overseeing the match.

"It seems a good thing cannot last forever, Kalundra."

Kalundra jumped backwards a few feet, eyes widened in terror. She turned her head to Garaa momentarily. The sweat that was beading on her head was mixing in with the light rainfall, and streaming down her face. Kalundra shook the feeling off, and sneered up at Garaa before turning to Tokki again. Tokki began to move her hands in preparation for the chant of a spell, when a voice from behind her sounded off disrupting her focus and lifting Kalundra's spirits.

"DRAGONS--" Tokki had turned around quickly, yet her eyes only fell upon the unfolding situation as the Hyakkidouran's were flung from Kayin's hands into the wings of Selenia, stopping the chant and felling her from the sky. Tokki held her sigh of relief, and turned back to her opponent, who had predictably used the break in concentration to her advantage. Tokki ducked under a slash aimed at her head, and reached upwards to grasp Kalundra's wrist tightly. As she held her opponent in place, she narrowed her eyes and spoke words that would signify the beginning of the end for Kalundra.

"It will be a cold day in hell..."

Tokki raised her knee into the Kalundra's gut, pushing all of the air from her lungs out and dizzying her momentarily. Taking advantage of the short stun, Tokki released Kalundra's wrist, and relocated it to the back of her head, pulling it forwards hard and connecting it with her knee once again. A loud thud preceded a shriek from the hacker, before she fell backwards in pain. Planting her palms in the ground, the hacker jumped upwards again, grasping her Spear on the incline. As she landed, she burst forth with what Tokki knew was only a burst of adrenaline at the thought of death. The two long arms exchanged blows back and forth for a long time, most strikes being halted by the contact with the opponents weapon. After a long period of time, the two long arms jumped back away from one another, breathing heavily from the intense action and minutes of fighting on end. Kalundra spit a bit of blood to the ground at her right, before looking back up at Tokki, a new found anger filling her heart.

"Well if you want to take see hell this badly, allow me to quicken the process!" Kalundra face retracted into a wide grin before she waved her spear into the air, unleashing from it a fit of dark energy that soon blanketed the entire area around the coliseum in darkness. Nothing could be seen, not even oneself. Tokki frowned. How pitiful. Soon Kalundra began to cackle from the depths of the nothingness, radiating hubris from her very core.

"Now lets heat things up a bit!" Kalundra spouted, as she crouched to push forth from her position, and propell herself towards Tokki. However her plans were altered, when she found herself moving much slower than usual. It was as if something was pulling her back and would not let her leave the spot she occupied. The hair on the back of her neck stood on end, and she gasped, though little air left her lungs. She felt as if she was floating in thin air at the top of the highest mountain, and the ability to breath easily was gone. The temperature dropped around her, and soon the ground began to shake. From around her immediate position, something was happening in the darkness that she could neither see or affect. Her eyes squinted and her teeth ground together once more as she struggled to get free of this invisible bond that held her in place as if trying to yank her body free from an invisible rope that bound it. Over the shaking of the ground, and the clatter of her teeth tapping together, broke the sound of Tokki's voice that would prove to be the last sound she heard.

"GiRue Kruz!" Ice from all directions converged on her, sealing her in an intense block of ice that inhibited any movement on her part. Her hit points drained away while she was frozen in place, and she found she could do nothing but imagine what was happening outside of the ice block in the vast darkness she had caused.

Tokki had approached the block of ice, and was running her fingers delicately over the cold surface.

Perhaps it would have helped if she knew why I could see her in the first place. As long as the rain continued to fall, I was not blind. As her thoughts cleared, a sharp blade extended from the Mistglaive, and Tokki reared back for the final blow.

"Rue Doom!" Her glaive sliced through the ice above Kalundra's waist, and then again below Kalundra's waist, severing the cube, and her opponent, in three pieces. As the chunks of ice fell to the floor, the darkness that covered the coliseum faded away, and Tokki was revealed to both the spectators watching from outside, and the fighters inside the arena. She stood calmly next to three chunks of ice that held parts of the now gray Kalundra. Tokki smiled inwardly, before turning to the rest of the fights going on in the Arena involving Ruri and Kayin. The rains slowed to a halt, and Tokki made a quick motion with her hands drying Kayin, Ruri, and herself to make them more comfortable for battle-- while leaving the two Hackers to trudge around in wetness.

A cold day in hell indeed, Kalundra.

Ruri Hoshino

Post by Ruri Hoshino » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:44 am

Ruri finally jumped out of the earthquake and spikes Corsel had made. Ruri breathed heavily as she looked up at Corsel. Corsel grew a wicked smile on her face, seeing that Ruri was going to have some trouble to defeating her. Corsel charged at Ruri, not giving her a chance to defended herself. Ruri was pushed to the ground hard, sliding a few feet from Corsel.

Ruri slowly got up and shook her head, having some dirt fall from her hair and face. Ruri looked at Corsel annoyed and then got up quickly. "Aw what's wrong little brat? Can't stand up to the challenge? Sorry to hear. Here, let me make it easier for you by slicing you to pieces!" Corsel violently and swiftly began to slash at Ruri.

Ruri dodged as best as she could, but still getting hit here and there. Ruri screamed in pain a bit and then landed on her feet. Ruri growled at her perdictament and at Corsel as well. Corsel began to laugh with enjoyment, Corsel picked her sword up and slamed it hard again, except this time taller and pointer spikes came from the ground, almost skewing Ruri. Ruri Jumped away as best as she could and landed on her knees. Ruri took a health drink out and used it to repleanish what Corsel took away. Ruri jumped into the air and twirled her wand towards Corsel.

Corsel laughed and began to move out of the way. But Ruri gave a smile and then cried out Rai Don. Corsel's eyes widen and then was zapped big time. Ruri Then turned herself for a good air kick that connected at Corsel, as soon as she landed. Corsel fell to the ground, holding her face in pain. Corsel began to get up slowly, but Ruri wouldn't let her rest. She used Rai Don again, giving Corsel another good shock. Ruri rushed towards Corsel again and this time did a round house kick comb, making Ruri a little dizzy. Corsel was in major pain and fell to her but hard after being kicked royally.

Corsel began to growl now at Ruri and was about to get up. But as Corsel opened her eyes, Ruri did a home slide kick, sending Corsel's chest on up back to the ground. Ruri smiled with glee, seeing Corsel was getting her butt kicked by her.

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:58 am

He was still worried. Rayo had hopes that with both Kurai and Tokki with her, Ruri would be safe and have all of the assistance she could desire. Then Kurai switched with Kayin. At first it sounded like a bad move, if Kayin was crippled, it would hurt their trio. One short glance revealed that Kayin was different. Whatever he had lost, he had certainly gained back with interest. The biggest problem was the fact that they were all fighting on their own. For now Ruri was winning but hackers always had some trick or special weapon. Rayo had faith in her. Ruri could, no, would definately win. But still, he was worried. He had originally planned on being ready to intervene if need be. Damn the tournament, they had Kayin back. Their opposition was untrustworthy hackers. If it meant breaking a hackers rules, Rayo was ready to deal with that and pay the consequences alone. If only he still wasn't crippled himself from Julian. He was still prepared though. He gripped his wand tightly and was ready to cast anytime.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:29 am

Looking from Kurai to Tokki & from Rayo to Ruri, Armina crossed her fingers tightly. She was a helpless romantic... & seeing the boys worried warmed her heart even as she cheered for the girls & Kayin.

Kayin... whose new powers were very strange & very intriguing. Armina found she could only pray & cheer. They seemed to be doing well, but there was almost no teamwork...
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect