Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Falcon
Player

Post by Falcon » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:35 pm

The wind blew across the beutiful root town of Dun Loireag. The sky was shining beutifully and the clouds moved slowly. Sitting on the ground behind the magic shop was a young boy PC. He got plenty of looks from the player walking by as they had never seen anyone with that configuration. Some were bold enough to cough 'hacker' as they walked by. The boy was used to it though, he was called that almost since he started playing The World. The boy got up and stretched. It was a funny sight, he looked like a boy playing dress up in his parents clothes. His jacket and pants were much too large for his configuration and sagged down comically. He started to walk forward but before even finnishing his first step he fell face first into the ground. The players walking by all laughed at him. He grumbled slowly getting up.

'Damn! Everyone and everything are against me... It's not fair... Why does it have to be me!'
The boy started to run. He ran across the bridges towards the Grunty Farm. He ran past the actual farm and behind it trying to hide from the other players. He sat down holding his knees to his chest fighting off tears.

'Stupid players.... Stupid hackers.... Stupid game.... Stupid father..... When will my nightmare end?'
He sat there all cureled up closing his eyes. A small grunty from the farm came up and nudged at him. He looked over at it and it started to smile.

'Silly Gambit... I don't have any more food for you, I can't go to any fields now that I'm stuck in the Theta server... I could barely survive in the Delta server fields...'
The grunty looked up sadly jumping into the boys lap. He smiles slightly as his grunty jumped on him.

'You know I want to give you food but I don't have any... If I find some I'll give it to you alright?'
The grunty slowly got off and began to walk away. It turned it's head back one last time looking at the boy before heading back into the farm. With the boys spirit somewhat returned he got up and started to leave the farm. His clothes almost dragging on the ground as he crossed the bridge and his long orange hair dancing in the wind. When he reached the other side he looked curiously on the top of the mountain.

'I've never seen that before...'
He walked up to what appeared to be a Kotetsu Sword dug into the ground. He tried to poke it but his finger went through it.

'hmm... Thats weird... Why would someone just leave a sword here? "In memory of Nall, our Twilight Saviour...." Is Nall some kind of hero in this game?'
The boy shruged as he turned around to walk away but again he triped over his pants and fell face first into the dirt. He looked to the side and grumbled ignoring the laughing players. He was beginning to get fed up with everyone. He jumped up to his feet and yelled as loud as he could.

'LEAVE ME ALONE!!!'
With that the boy ran away again, hiding himself behind a rock. He sat there and punched the ground before bursting out into tears...

*~>Equipment<~*
Sotetsu | Ring Mail | Guard Cap | Silver Bracer
*~>Techniques<~*
Flame Dance | Tiger Claws
*~>Items<~*
1 Assasin | 2 Resurrects | 2 Speed Charms | 2 Knights bane | 2 Raging Earth | 2 Ice Floe | 2 Gale Breath

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:11 pm

Things were not going anywhere. Everyone was sitting around. Whether they were considering their options, questioning their choices that brought them here, or just confused on the entire mess…all they were doing was sitting around. It was fine for a sort while. They needed to get their bearings. The thing was, they already did that. They knew the server they were in. True they couldn’t use any leads they had on the hackers to pinpoint a new field to go to, but that was no reason to do nothing. They would head after the hackers once they had recuperated and rested. As for considering options, it was foolish to stay out in the open. Who was to say the hacker’s weren’t organizing a force to go after them. It didn’t matter if they were written off as insignificant by the hackers now that Nall was gone. At least some of the hackers would be smart enough to recognize the threat. They would want to rectify the situation and finish them. It was the logical thing to do. Even if they didn’t, Rayo was sure there would be at least a few hackers seeking revenge against them. That was fine by him. He was sick of the hackers.

After standing up and retrieving his wand from the ground, he proceeded to leave. As he passed Argilus, he decided to mention he was leaving.
“I’m going to scout around,” he explained.

After wandering past a few shops, he had some new data. Much better weapons and armor but nothing he could obtain for the moment. His thoughts were interrupted a low wail. As he rounded the corner, he saw a small twinblade crying and smashing the ground. Then he noticed it, if only for a moment, he noticed it. That look of pure terror. He remembered that look. Many faces were painted with it the day they found they were trapped in the game. He walked over to him and sat down.

“Listen…dry your tears…you’re not dead…most likely anyway,” he started. “I can tell by that look in your eyes. Having trouble logging out?”
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:40 pm

Ramza kneeled on his staff and finished his grieving for nall. but he knew they're mission wasn't over yet. they still had things to do. The hackers were still in greater numbers then their party. even with the hackers they deleted during the tournament, there is still no way to find out how many hackers are left. and all the elites are still intact. with his feelings slightly restored, he decided to start scoping the town, looking for a hiding place, and taking in the sights.

dun loireag was definately a nice place. ramza missed the water, with his fondness for water in the real world, as a professioonal surfer, it carried over to the "World." The absence of water in this server was a sad thing. he kept thinking to himself, would he ever see water again? will he ever be carving up and down the face of the wave, ever feel the smooth texture of the water over head while standing up inside the tube? then he recalled memories of surfing with his girlfriend, paddling out together, just having company on a completely flat day, waiting for just one ride. he started to think he would never see her again...

he shook himself and came back in his mindand realized he was standing in the middle of the street, not paying attention to anything. rayo was talking to someone else, maybe another recruit. and there was another one, unknown, trying to talk to the group. ramza walked over to various stores and looked at the new stuff. he didnt think he could afford anything, so he went up to the one talking to the group.

"helloo, im ramza, whats ur name?"

(talking to zavier)
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:40 pm

Where are we? The usually spunky LongArm gazes around herself in wonderment. Her eyes are met by the bridges & canyon-like ledges of Theta Server's Root Town. One minute we're watching Nall fight... the next he's gone... A trickle of tears makes it's way down her face as she realizes the sombering truth of her own thoughts. Through her tears she glances at her companions, her friends, her comrades-in-arms. Except for Hijinx -& Hijinx is always the exception it seems- they are down, crestfallen... even more quiet & contemplative than usual. Seeing them like that Armina chooses. No!!! I won't cry now! Not after everything! Not when they might need me! Hastily she wipes her tears away & turns on an oh-too-happy smile.

"Look guys, maybe now's not the best time for me to be all smiles... but then again maybe it is the perfect time." She got a few looks, but 'Mina just grins & brushes her carefree hair back out of her eyes. "We got out, right? One second Garaa, the self proclaimed 'Lord of Darkness' " Armina mimics the tournament holder viciously, saying his title only similar to how Garaa himself had. A few tentative smiles emerge. "... is threatening to kill us, then the next we find ourselves here, amidst sunshine & relative safety." Pausing, Armina looks to see if any are listening. Not everyone is watching her, but somehow she is certain eveno those with their backs turned away can hear her words. At least I hope they're listening...

"How can that be? Maybe some higher power in The World wanted us safe & finagled us an escape route." Delicate shoulders shrug. "Somehow I doubt that. If they could do that then I think they would be better at getting rid of the hackers then they have been. So what's our other choices? Well, think about it... how have we gotten out of nasty situations before? Teamwork, right? Well, either teamwork or Nall pulling a fast one. Me... I'm leaning towards the later."

Did I just imagine I heard a gasp? "Nall has disappeared before on us & we thought him dead then too. I hope that's the case now... but I don't even think I can be that optimistic. Maybe in his final moment he made possible our escape. I don't know. It's just a theory, but I'm going to stick by it. It's better than sulking about something we cannot change." Imploringly she cast her eyes around the group. "Just think about it, would you?"

With that she shoulders her spear & walks off in the direction she thought she last saw Asgard. The sound & scent of the Grunty pens becomes more evident. Hmmm... is smelling Grunties part of the Virus we have? The "Infected by the Bearers of Twilight" mumbojumbo?

(I know, I said I probably wasn't going to post in the Story, but this was too good to pass up! *grins*)
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:01 pm

Gingitsune looked up at Argilus and smiled gratefully, wiping the tears from her eyes swiftly with the back of her glove.
"Thanks Argilus..." she looked down a little, and kicked at a small rock with the toe of her stiletto boot.
"It's not just Nall, you see..." she paused, and looked back up again, "it's everything that Nall's death has brought on, it's like in History when the King died, and there was a war just to see who the new king would be, like the Hundred Year's War. We're leaderless, and I doubt we're going to be able to pick a new leader unanimously. People are already mad that we're not doing anything, but we can't move without having a leader first..." Gingi sighed, "and that's just the start of our troubles now... but... I hope you don't mind my complaining..." she drifted off, smiling embarassedly.
Argilus shook his head, "no, it's alright Gingi, we're all thinking the same thoughts- about the same issues. Leadership is important right now..."
Gingi nodded, and sighed, "I just hope we pick someone soon... we can't stay here in the Root Town forever!"

Suddenly she found herself face to face with a new player, and before she could even react he had swept forth in a genuflection. Gingitsune stifled a sudden urge to giggle, and held her composure, there had been others that had treated her like this too, and it was definately flattering.
She smiled at him and bowed her head, "It's nice to meet you Xeromessia, and I'm glad that people seem to have heard of our group, I didn't really think we were quite that famous. I'd be honoured if you would join our group, as you see, we're not in the greatest shape at the moment, and would likely profit from some new members to assist us."

At that moment the conversation was interrupted by raucous laughter, and a young boy's shouting. She swivelled her head toward the source of the noise, and saw a rather embarassed boy picking himself up and running away, while the people around him laughed at his folly. Gingitsune made a face at the group, she hated when people made laughed at little things like that, and she felt sorry for the boy. She excused herself from Argilus and Xero with a smile, and slowly walked over to the place where Rayo was comforting the boy. She stood over them and smiled brightly. She often felt awkward around people younger than her, so she stood slightly aloof.
"What's your name?" she asked.
"...Falcon..." he said, hesitating, he noticed that, unlike many people, Gingitsune's voice didn't change when she was talking to someone younger than her, she didn't address him like an inferior, but just like she'd address anyone else, and he immediately felt comfortable in her presence.
"Falcon, I'm Gingitsune..." Gingi thought quickly, the boy looked quite harmless, and he looked like he needed was some guidance.
"...Would you like to join our group?"
Falcon looked at her puzzledly, and decided to use that moment to let him think. She made an elaborate gesture with her hands, and walked away, back toward the place where she had been standing earlier.
Suddenly a bright shine of metal caught her sharp eyes. It came from a small, isolated corner that was full of dust, and cobwebs. She kicked at the dirt with the toe of her boot, and kneeled down as she unearthed the sparkling object. Her eyes widened, and she dropped to her knees...
It was Nall's necklace...

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:58 pm

Kurai stared out into the distance, standing a small distance away from the group. Dun Loireag sure was different. The mountaneous terrain was something he preferred, over the crowded town of Mac Anu. This place, it seemed to give him a whole new personality altogether, feeling more free and relaxed. And it amazed Kurai to no end, as well. To not feel sorrow of our lost leader. It wasn't the numb of not letting go, either.

As Kurai stood there, he realized how lucky the entire group was. Fighting battle after battle, with only one casualty. It almost seemed unreal; The lot of us in comas, and our only loss is one from within.

Kurai relaxed his shoulders, and took in a deep breath. As he let it out, he felt a sharp pain, once again in the upper right-side of his chest. As he put his left hand up to the the pained area, he realized what it was. That wound. It never healed the same. Apparently, the hacker edited his character when the axe ripped him open. He still felt pain, as if the wound was fresh. Kurai did his best not to cringe, as he pulled his hand away and his silver shoulder armor over his clothing. No one would ever see this wound. Kurai wouldn't let them - they had too many larger problems to worry about.

Kurai turned around, and walked over to the most of the group. "We should get going. Lingering around here isn't going to help us at all." And if we keep moving... Kurai thought, We'll get closer to leaving this godforsaken game...
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Falcon
Player

Post by Falcon » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:15 pm

The boy looked around, suprised at the attention he was suddenly recieving. He looked at Rayo, a little confused.
"Log....out?"
He looked at Rayo quizically. He was suprised that Rayo was like him but he was more suprised at why he took the time to come over to him. He thought about his situation and Rayo who stood before him, unsure of what to do. Though, interrupting his thoughts was Armina. She dried his tears with her scarf revealing her cat ears. Again the boy was confused.

'More like me.... this one has her character edited... was it a hacker who did that, or did she hack herself?'
The boy was unsure and stayed silent. Armina and Rayo sat beside him still, trying to get him to stop crying and talk to them. Suddenly he heard a third voice from beside him.

"Whats your name?"
Came the voice of the player Gingitsune. He looked back quizically at her, examining her. He was suprised her tone wasn't that of pity, but just a normal question.

'...Falcon...'
He replied and looked down again. He was still feeling shy and uncertan about these new players. Falcon was suddenly hit with a strong question, one that would decide his future.

"...Would you like to join our group?"
Gingitsune asked him. He was shocked. Who in their right mind would want him in their group? He'd be more of a hinderence then an aid... He wanted to join them, they all seemed to be like him in some ways. But in other ways he was different... He needed to take some time to think about it. As he was thinking Gingitsune walked away making some hand gestures. She later bent down and picked up somthing. Falcon could see it, but didn't know what it was.

Falcon was confused. His past was running through his mind more then ever hearing the players talk to him. He didn't want to let them down by joining their group. He was afraid that they would cast him away when they found out he was just a nuiscence and not worth having around at all. He looked from Armina to Rayo and then back to the ground again. How could anyone want a child like him, who is clumsy, weak and can't even use magical techniques. His whole life he failed miserably. He couldn't even fufil his fathers greatest wish... But then again, he remembered a quote from a poster at his elementry school

"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
If he didn't even try, he would never succeed. He was still reluctant to make his descision but he stoped crying and looked up asking no one in paticular, just whoever would answer him.
'Who are you guys and what is your group trying to do?'

*~>Equipment<~*
Sotetsu | Ring Mail | Guard Cap | Silver Bracer
*~>Techniques<~*
Flame Dance | Tiger Claws
*~>Items<~*
1 Assasin | 2 Resurrects | 2 Speed Charms | 2 Knights bane | 2 Raging Earth | 2 Ice Floe | 2 Gale Breath

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:45 pm

That was good. The boy was thinking. No one should be foolish enough not to question motives and reasons. Most of all, he seemed to want answers. Those were good qualities for a survivor. While being strong or wise would make him a good ally in “The World,” that didn’t matter the most. He wanted to live, that was all he had to do. Desire his own life. If he could do that, the other things didn’t matter at all. He was like them, not just adults and older teenagers played this game. It would be cruel to abandon someone in this game…all he needed to do was want to survive. They could handle the details. A quick glance over told him there was something that needed to be done. This boy wasn’t even wearing leg armor.

“I’ll give you the short version. We’re fighting to live, to survive. If you want the long version,” he added with a tone that suggested he really should get it, “Gingitsune over here…,” gesturing over to her, “…is the best person to ask. She’s in charge.”

After giving Gingitsune his vote of confidence, he decided to give Falcon something. “Preparation is key to survival, take this.” Handing him the Jungle Boots, Rayo walked off, knowing that Gingitsune and Armina could take it from there.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty