Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:44 am

Yeah, I don't know why you guys are figuting Gingi into it. She should focus on the Gate to keep Gem out of the Root Town.

As for a distraction, if someone behind Eye with a blade or other metal weapon could break off part of the ground (a fist-full of rock should do) then throw it at Eye's back? I'm pretty sure that'd make him turn around.

At any rate, a full-on attack would probably get us killed. Spells are a very good way to go. I'm partial to Rom spells myself, those or Zot spells. The tornado or dropping elements seem most likely to throw him off balance.

If we could get just some manpower from group G, that'd be helpful. It shouldn't take much more than Gingi and maybe a 2nd or 3rd person at the Gate to keep it down. The rest should probably come and aid the fight against Eye.

Aimed At Asura: Yes, the point was to distance them. But now that Gem is gone, there is little reason to keep the groups split apart, all it does is weaken our force and lessen our odds of victory. More manpower = higher odds of success.
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:39 pm

You didn't get it. The group of three will charge head-on. The first stops just short of attack range and draws attention. The others provide a surprise and distraction element to the attack. Other people can be involved with that plan too. Maybe a group from the back that can yell or something after they charge. Injuries are unavoidable. Realisticly, it's level 50, so we're gonna get hurt.No matter what we do.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:34 pm

The first stops just short of attack range and draws attention.
Okay. I hate to be the one to point this out Hijinx, but the enemy can MOVE. He'd just move INTO the attack range and kill them with quick strikes or a spin technique. Your plan is COMPLETELY unfeasible.

Secondly, when I was pointing out the distance between the two groups, it was mainly to point out that we need to think of a short-term plan to deal with Eye until members from Group G can arrive to reinforce Group E.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:18 pm

Don't talk down to me little boy. I know the enemy can move. In fact, I count on it. If the enemy were to see the one person, they would more then likely advance. At that point the second comes over, then the third, ultimately catching him completely off guard at least once.
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:44 pm

Okay. Methinks you underestimate the speed at which Eye can move. We must remember, its a level 50 Twin Blade with an automatic Ap Doish effect. We could easily try your plan... but Group E would thus get slaughtered. It only would take a hit or two for him to knock out the first ranks, followed by the next ranks. Even if an attack got in, since we put the faster classes in that group the damage would be minimal in comparison to his Max HP.

Plus he's got his sixth sense. He'll be able to tell that more then two people are coming. The whole way we got Gem into the water was by throwing him into a position in which dodging was impossible. By forcing dodges with weaker spells.

Quite frankly, I might be a bit harsh on this manner, but I've studied both tactical, operational, and strategical levels of combat for a LONG time. Underestimation is the bane of planning, and that is the exact problem we had with Eye the first round of planning. We underestimated his ability to recover from being knocked off balance. Therefore, we should over-estimate this time and make sure that he dies.

Therefore Hijinx, your proposed plan would be useless. Even if it succeeded, Eye would live, then kill that entire group. Then probably use Phal Repth or something. We mustn't forget that this is a high level player, with high level equipment no doubt. If I was a weakened player, I would spend some time healing myself after losing half my HP. Its just a small bit of common sense.

I recommend you don't look so much at fanciness Hijinx as you look at practicality. Look at what COULD go wrong and OVERESTIMATE your opponent. Not look at how it would operate at maximum efficency with an underestimated opponent.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:04 pm

Hijinx, your plan would cause the death of everyone since we couldn't use spells because the spell would affect the group member attacking. My suggestion is to use spells to cause Eye to be off balance and quickly using Juk Kruz spell from me to trap Eye within the vines. With great timing, we injured his legs and then run like hell towards Group G. With the entire group reunited, we could finish the injured Eye with our combined powers.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:05 pm

Well look guys....ok, so,....I don't know, let's just get something really finite.

First off, are we rushing him head on or are we tipping with spells, then running back to the group in order to have full strength. i think that most people are in favor of the second thing...I mean, i was fine with either, but we need to have majority. So, if Gingitsune's group is destorying the portal to make sure that the other one doesn't come back, that means that all though we will have some people joining the fight, others will be helping gingitsune. So...

What happens, since we will slow Eye down with spells, allowing us to esacpe. i say that we can rush back to Gingiusune, and then somone call do a spell or something to distract him. All I would need is that moment to grab him and fly into hte air. I could hold him at an angle that he wouldn't be able to hurt me, but then i could slam both our bodies into the ground and self destruct. If this didn't kill him, it would severly wound him, and we would win. I would have to wait back in one of the severs for you guys to come back. So, does this look ok? Let's start ironing out a real plan instead of arguing...

Z
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:17 pm

I did calculate his speed asura. It will not cause the death of everyone, as it takes his speed out of play and catches him off guard. His sense may detect the people, but he cannot know where they are pheonix. This just provides another distraction. Besides, that wood spell is slow acting and he could easily cut his way out. What exactly is stoping the rest of the group from advancing anyway.

I also wanted to mention that the ATTACK I planned will only keep the attackers there for a couple seconds. NOT long enough to interfere with spells. Realisticly, he's bound to take out one, if not half, of the party while you run back to the other group.

I don't take unfair criticism well. :D

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:51 am

I'd have to say a nice little spin technique of his which Asgard said he was falling back on would be more than enough to keep the rest of the party out of the fray. And once again I stress the fact that Asgard himself told us at the beginning that rushing in would get us killed. So why is it that you push such a bold attack, especially when so many disagree? You may be willing to risk death, but obviously we are not. If you like your plan so much, then you may very well be the distraction and you along with whomever may be willing may attempt such a manuver.

I however agree with Phoenix, to some extent. Spells worked before, and they would probably work again. Distance is key since we can't out-combat him physically.

On a final note, as Zavier said, let's all just drop the senseless pride and stop bickering. If you feel the need to defend your 'mind' or your 'position' or whatever, shut your mouth, take a big gulp of humility, count to ten, and calm the hell down because we have to work as a team. Now let's start doing that and come up with something solid to beat Eye (it would help if other players would post here, as well, so we know what their opinions are: *Neo, Strato, Kain, Tempest* to name a few).
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:50 am

-slowly claps for Wren-

i agree. we should stop this bickering and plan.

here's what i think we could do. just a basic layout, hopefully enough to get you all started.

1) bombard eye with a few tornado spells, and maybe one of gingi's flashbangs. this should throw off eye, especially if he's already performing one of his spinning moves.

2) send in a few fast characters to do hit and runs while he's off balance, pushing him back and possibly doing him some damage.

3) send in more spells, from all around. by this time we could have people stationed at variou points around the town, to hit him from angles. we could even get a few players up on the rooftops.

4) while these spells are flying, have as many people converge from as many angles as we can at once, hitting and running all at once and continueing onwards out of range of an attack.

5) continue as many times as needed, with as many variations as needed to finish him off.

well, that;s my few minutes of work. do with it as you will, just perhaps use it as a base for a plan.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:42 pm

I know of the perfect distraction. Gingi, change Asura's costume into a girl with a cute pink dress and send him over to Eye. Eye would be distracted by the beautiful Asura and try to hit on him. At that point, all of us would blast spells at him while Asura takes out Eye's legs.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:01 pm

Haha....sounds like a perfect plan to me Phoenix. Anyone else agree?
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:21 pm

Wren wrote:I'd have to say a nice little spin technique of his which Asgard said he was falling back on would be more than enough to keep the rest of the party out of the fray. And once again I stress the fact that Asgard himself told us at the beginning that rushing in would get us killed. So why is it that you push such a bold attack, especially when so many disagree? You may be willing to risk death, but obviously we are not. If you like your plan so much, then you may very well be the distraction and you along with whomever may be willing may attempt such a manuver.

I however agree with Phoenix, to some extent. Spells worked before, and they would probably work again. Distance is key since we can't out-combat him physically.

On a final note, as Zavier said, let's all just drop the senseless pride and stop bickering. If you feel the need to defend your 'mind' or your 'position' or whatever, shut your mouth, take a big gulp of humility, count to ten, and calm the hell down because we have to work as a team. Now let's start doing that and come up with something solid to beat Eye (it would help if other players would post here, as well, so we know what their opinions are: *Neo, Strato, Kain, Tempest* to name a few).
How do you plan to distract him then genius? I suppose you intend to god mod and mystically have everyone survive? As for hulmility, that's only needed around people that are better then me or have my respect. That's not you. Earn my respect before you insult me. For times sake, you can have your way, spoiled brat.
Last edited by Hijinx on Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:24 pm

I think we would all be distracted if asura did that................

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:20 pm

Phoenix512 wrote:I know of the perfect distraction. Gingi, change Asura's costume into a girl with a cute pink dress and send him over to Eye. Eye would be distracted by the beautiful Asura and try to hit on him. At that point, all of us would blast spells at him while Asura takes out Eye's legs.
Hmm, I really don't know about the cute pink dress. I was really thinking Hawaiian Hula Girl on this one, but that's just my personal opinion really.