Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:48 pm

I vote to go swimming. I fight best in water, and it's easy to grab SOMEONES feet if other people are willing to force them(hint hint) to the rivers side. Then I'll act like a tick and cling to gems back, thus hindering his escape. One problem with that starcraft based idea asura. Zerg may be stupid and attack randomly, but level 50 twinblades are undoubtedly clever and won't be so stupid as to spin in circles because of a few weak cheap shots. I am a tactical genius, but I need a map of some sort.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:34 pm

I love the ideas which everyone is putting out, and I'm sure we'll be able to formulate the main strategy quite soon. One thing I wanted to comment about with Sixth Sense of the Ninjas is that way back when Nall gave Gingitsune the special ability of being able to instantly cast spells. Now I don't know if this will help out in any way, but I don't need any preparation or incantation to do the spell, and since my spells vary, there are some that can't be ducked. I was thinking that the blinding attack might have its uses of distraction, it basically makes an insanely bright light that causes temporary blindness (while it is still shining), this could also be used to our advantage, though they are Ninjas, they too would lose their sight temporarily, giving us (perhaps) so time to regroup, or put something in motion.
However, I just noticed one key flaw. Being normal players (I think), they can log back in like the admins had been doing. Therefore, immediately aftering killing off Gem, that Chaos Gate needs to go down. I'm sure Gingi-sama can manage that though, no?
Haha, yes, I can manage to destroy another Chaos Gate if necessary to the plan. As for it coming back together, I could probably hold it apart for a set amount of time until my power runs out, depending on how long it would need to be destroyed to fulfill the plan?

And also, about the dying thing- there are specific circumstances that we have set to make someone permanently die- just being killed isn't enough to permanently kill you- though I still wouldn't suggest it.

Another thing we should consider is Eye's bad balance- it's pretty hard to fight when one has fallen down, so it would be a good idea for the fastest players to attempt to overbalance Eye with some sort of manoeuvers just to keep him from attacking for awhile. Both of their weaknesses should be used against them in some way or another.

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:47 pm

Rargh. Methinks my idea came across wrong. So I'll make a timeline thingy!

1) Group E (Now cleverly named for the purpose of dealing with Eye) would throw Tirath's ball at them. Eye will get distracted by this, and instead of chasing after Asgard, will go after Group E. Group E runs.

2) Group G would Flashmail Asgard to cross a bridge ASAP. When Gem crosses the bridge, Gingi makes the bridge go boom! Group G then makes sure Gem doesn't pull himself out before he drowns.

3) Group E: Possibly using spells or something else while running to knock Eye off balance.

4) Group G: Nuke Chaos Gate before Gem longs back in, run to help Group E.

5) End of current planning.

So we've got Gem figured out. What about Eye though?

Edit: I keep forgetting to mention stuff. Group G would distract the sixth sense with a short wave of spells. While Gem is busy dodging, Gem goes into the water from Gingi's faster spell. w00t.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:20 am

It looks good so far. i just wonder if gingi has enough power to destroy a bridge, cast distracting spells, and hold a chaos gate apart.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:03 am

We could trapped Eye with a Gan Zot while he is cornered into a wall and then collaspe the wall itself. That would buy us some time to escape or plan.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:39 pm

I still think no one is giving the oposition any consideration. They aren't dumb monsters, these are incredibly high level players. Please account for a degree of error.
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:09 pm

Well, yeah, they are highly skilled...but we also have to remember that they aren't some hacked/autoadapting/error-proof monster that i have seen. So, while they would be able to do some things against us, they would also make a few errors. Since Gem knows that he can't swim, he's going to do everything he can to get around being thrown in. If we start just bombrushing him, he will realize what we are doing. Also, the leading Eye is a good idea...but we have to remember that he is a level 50 twinblade, and i don't know if you guys have played the game at that level, but he is pretty fast. And if he casts apdo...well, we would have to make sure that didn't happen. Anyway, we hear ya Hij about that they aren't just monsters, but the fact that they are human gives us an advantage: "To err is human."

So, the two group thing is good. If somehow we manage to knock Gem into the water, Gingitsune's powerful destructive no-wait cast spells would be able to keep him there. I know that myself and another character has wings...so in essence our flying and hovering abilities could be used to carry Gem into the air and throw him into the water. As he is going down, a powerful spell by Gingitsune and a Revolver by me would force him to either take the hit and try to revover himself or block my attack, get hit by Gingitsune's, and fall harder into the water. WIth him in the water, the other main group could have distracted eye and be leading him into a pincer attack. As I am dealing with Gem's falling towards the water, the other winged player, and Tokki if she is on, can aid the other group and make sure that if Eye tries to leap away or into the air, he can be brought down.

Just a few thoughts...but I think we are getting closer...
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:15 pm

Hijinx, we know that they aren't stupid. That's why we thinking different things just in case if something goes wrong. Also what ever plan we think up, the plan won't go perfectly. I still think that a retreat maybe the best way to get out alive. We don't have to defeat Eye if we retreat somehow.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:16 pm

Eh? Alright, alright. Get gem air-borne and I'll put him in the deep end. As for eye, well, you can't cast spells if you can't speak. Leave that to me with lots of distractions.

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:45 pm

All right, all of these plans sound fine, now that we have the ideas we really need to finalize it so that we can proceed with the storyline ^_^

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:29 pm

I'm all for the final plan at this point! However, we probably should organize the teams.

1) Fastest players, preferably with some spells to knock Eye off balance would be in group E. We need enough people in this group to keep Eye from killing off the members in this group one-by-one.

2) Slower players & Gingi at least in Group G. We don't need to focus on spell power as much, just the number of spells. The heavier classes would simply bombard Gem with enough spells to distract him. Then comes the uber-powerful spell before he can react! Yeah for drowning Gem!

So that's the basic plan. Isn't it uber-shiny and vague? The best part of the vagueness is it leaves room for quick alterations to the original plan.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:41 pm

i'm all up for that. it seems sound so far. since i'm a heavy blade, i should probably be in gingi's group. i have plenty of spell scrolls at my disposal.

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:53 am

Ok I know I haven't been here in a while, but I feel since my ball is being use I should have some say :roll: .

I like the idea of two groups, that will work out nicely. Clearly at some point it will come to physical blows, though it can be safely assumed that Gem would be out of the picture(I think it's gem we want to drown no?). Now what strikes me is hwow are we going to lead them to the bridge? Hijinx is rather well associated with those waters and once we get gem in there alone i'm sure the suprised twinblade will be under her control.

I think the best thing to do would be to start the attack off with a spell cast by Gingi. Because it can be instant, the esp wouldn't be able to pick it up right? The goal of her attack however would not be to cause any damage, but simply to blind them temporarily. At this point the ball can come into play, as they are slowly regaining their sight, it need only bounce by Eye and it should be enough to draw his attention to some unfortunate member of our party that he will persue(i'm willing to do this, as tirath has been killed since being hacked and it has had no lasting effects on him :lol: ). Now all we have to do is have several people ready to cast lighting spells(yes I know they can't hurt him) with the intention of creating a flash in his face. When he sees players go in 2 or 3 directions, he will be confused and not sure who to follow. I'm not sure how long we can do this before he figures out what's going on, but I think it would be enough time.....(by the way if we try this I have plenty of gold to supply whoever takes part in this with the scrolls). Our goal here should be to get Eye as far from Gem as possible. I leave exactly how you want to drown Gem to you guys(though I like the idea of using a earth attack to force him under the water and wash him far away :twisted: ).....
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:19 am

Pretty good...well, for what it's worth, I could be in the fast team, since I'm a Blademaster....and my wings could be used for whatever, but yeah, two teams, completely seperating Gem into Hijinx's domain of water, an earth attack, or more than one earth and water attack, pushing him down stream to drown, while the group i would be in confuses Eye by the ball and the flashes of lightning. This should be enough for us to at least hurt Eye alot, and Gem should be dying, if not dead already.

Does this sound good to everyone? All we need is to decide which groups we will be in. So, if everyone could say which group they would be joining and what they would be doing.

I say I be in Group E...I think i could aid the cause greater that way.

Z
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:32 am

From the various people who have posted in the thread, I'm going to list the classes of everyone.

Heavy Blade - Nighthand, Strato
Blademaster - Wren, Asura, Tirath, Zavier, me
Twin Blade - Hijinx, Neo
Wavemaster - Gingi
Dualist - Asgard

From this listing, here what I think should be the groups from Asura's idea.

Group G - Gingi, Nighthand, Strato, (Wren, Asura, Phoenix)

Group E - Hijinx, Neo, Zavier, Tirath, (either Wren, Asura, or Phoenix)

Since blademasters aren't either fast or slow, Wren, Asura, and I could go either group. We should have an even number of people in each group. So between the three of us, two should go to group G and one goes to Group E. Asgard shouldn't be place in a group since he's fighting Gem and Eye right now. If I didn't put your name in here, please post so you can be placed in a group.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster