Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:44 pm

(OOC: Okay. So our basic plan is to get Gem into the water at this point. However, we're not using all our resources here! Does anyone remember that Gingi-sama has the wand of mass destructive power? All we have to do is blow up the bridge much like she did the Chaos Gate and watch Gem take a swim. Hopefully, Eye will continue after Asgard, that way we don't have to deal with them coming to the surface to cause more problems.

Either way, we've got lots of water. We therefore need to remove Gem first, preferrably permanently. They're level 50, so killing them directly is more or less out of the question. I say we split them up, then use sneaky hit and run tactics with spells! Yeah for sneaky sneakiness!)

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:46 am

Yes yes, *nods* I do have my... ahem... massive destructive powers. They're all basically light manipulation, so that would include light energy, heat, brightness, haze, etc. I haven't quite decided the full extent of them yet. As for getting Gem into the water, that is the best plan, what do we do with him then? Well that's the more difficult question- though, is there a chance he might drown? *smiles* If one can't swim, then one can't be given a chance to get out of the water, I'm sure we haven't decided the extent of the realism of the World, but maybe drowning is something that should be thought of...

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:40 am

(OOC: My ability to put strategies together isn't too good in itself but here goes. The only thing I could think of was to destroy the bridge while Gem is on it so he falls in the water and Eye runs in to pull him out. When Eye is swimming along pulling Gem out we can all work together to freeze it and then Gingi uses her weapon of mass destruction to blow away the area where the two are. As the two are lying there we all bring out are strongest spells that affect them most. The ball could be used to distract Eye while we lead Gem into the water. If their teamwork is not to the point that Eye will immediately jump in then Asgard (Since he flew earlier) can float above the water to lure Eye in. Though that could be dangerous to Asgard because Eye could drag him into the water as well, thus crushing the whole plan if they aren't a close team. But if we could even get to the point where we blasted them from the ice I'm sure we could figure out something from there if the multiple attacks doesn't work. Besides we all got two Lvl. 1 attack scrolls so we could all at least have something to attack with.)

THIS SIG NEEDS TO BE UPDATED

Name: Lakely

Lvl 23 Heavy Blade (110 SP)

9,000 GP

Equipment: Life Sword, Face Guard, Wrist Band, Noble Cloak, Safety Shoes

Skills: Gan Smash, Death Bringer, Rue Zot, Juk Rom, Ol Repth, Ap Ruem

Spare Equipment: Light Giver, Absorber, Horse-Killer

Guardian: Vasuki the Naga King (Lv. 9)

Golden Orb is: A bit more intense.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:11 am

I like Gingi's idea that he could drown in the water. We can get Gem in the water while some of us distract Eye long enough that Gem couldn't be saved from drowning in the river. We probably need to split into two groups: one dealing with Gem and the one dealing with Eye. Also, we need who's in the plan right now. I do have three tornado spells at my disposal but they all useless as damage since Gem and Eye are strong against them. So, I could either group then.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:40 am

I like the "Drown Poor Gem and Annoy Eye" plan the most so far. Though there are some tactical problems with freezing the whole river.

1) Takes lots and lots of cold.
2) Not all of us have freezy spells.
3) Ya can't drown a person in ice!

So I say we carry out the first part of "Operation Drown the Twin Blade" before plotting further.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:40 am

scrolls are not a major problem. before this quest, i went and bought 10 of each of the major level ones. i have just about anything at my disposal.

i forgot about gingi's want for a bit there... that could have it's uses, but then again, is it strong enough to punch out the main focal point of a root town? i mean, if you look to the shows, it's not that large, but if you look to the games the thing is massive.

and also, keep in mind that we're fighting ninjas here. with the sixth sense, they may be able to feel the charge up of cybelle and leap to safety before it hits. asgard would do the same thing, and we would be left with an even worse situation than before.

we cannot forget about the famous leap sora performed to land on crim's weapon. these things have the auto ap do without using the spell. just think, if they happen to have the spells on them, we're screwed.

sorry to be a damper, but i must point out the little things that can cause this plan to fail.

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:44 am

Hmmm... How true Nighthand. If needed we could try forcing Gem into the river physically. I don't know about anyone else but maybe my Dek Vorv could help us. But then again they're level 50 so it wouldn't help too much unless we focused all the attacks of the group we split into to knock Gem over the river.

9,000 GP

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:23 am

If they can sense oncoming spells, then it's simple: hit them with more than one at the same time, or in close succession. The body does have its limitations.

If two or three players cast a massive wave of spells, they'll sense that coming, naturally. But the one all-important spell that would be used to do whatever it is that needs to be done would be cast by another player right after a single wave. As the target is avoiding the wave of diversionary spells they'd get caught in the actual spell we want. But this would naturally deplete some players' SP gauges for a little while.
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Neo...
Player

Post by Neo... » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:30 am

Okay, here's a quick little layout of what i have in my head:

-Tirath's ball is thrown to distract Eye.
-Someone with a Whirlwind spell, preferably of a Wood Element, casts the spell on Eye to make him lose his balance.
-During this time, Asgard can take Gem on solo for a brief moment... merely a distraction.
-Gingi uses her wand to destroy the bridge.
-Eye should still be suffering from the effects of the Whirlwind, so he shouldn't be able to avoid the bridge's destruction. Hopefully Gem is too busy dealing with Asgard to notice the oncoming attack and falls into the river as well.
-With both Ninjas in the river, one who would eventually drown if not rescued, everyone is free to attack the two with spells. It would only be a matter of time Gem drowns and we are all left with just Eye.
-If Eye tries to leave the river, he can be knocked back in with another Whirlwind spell.
-If Eye does manage to leave the river alone, with everyone ganging up on him, we should be able to take him on.

So... that's what i have so far. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Neo | Twinblade | Lvl. 18 | Tiger Claws | Staccatto | Gale of Swords | Repth | Vak Kruz | Juk Rom |

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:48 am

Well, here is what I was thinking…

A good source of support will be important. Gem and Eye level 50 Twinbladers, which means that our Heavy Blades and even most of our Blademasters wouldn’t survive a head on assault by themselves. So, first off, let’s hold our Wavemasters in the back. Since their spells can slow the enemy down, they could provide the rest of us with some critical moments of time.

Now, our Twinbladers and Blademasters are the quickest of the lot. Now, if we can have two waves of two groups, and let each group be led by Twinbladers and Blademasters, all do a fast attack at different angles and levels. This will cause the two fighters to either try to jump around to escape the onslaught or try to block each swipe of each attack to stop their health from being drained. As the second point is highly unlikely, but nevertheless a possibility, let us address the two situations differently.

If in fact the twinbladers decided to jump away or in someway dodge, they won’t jump into the air. They wouldn’t best fast enough to escape our high level attacks, and when they came down, they would have a serious problem. So, the only logical and rational and tactical course of action is to jump and dodge away. Now, since they are jumping away, there is a good chance that they will be moving in two different directions. One will inevitably move to the left and one to the right, because if they both move to either their left or right, one of them will get hit by a majority of one of the waves’ attacks. However, as I have seen, even when you try to dodge, and in this case doge so many attacks that are coming so fast, you have a recovery time that is more or less slowed down. This will be acted upon by the Heavy Axes and Polearms, who will be supporting the two groups. The way this is set up, we have a major backup and support system, as well as an alternative back up. The Twinbladers and the Blademasters are the fastest, the Blademasters roughly equaling at times the Polarms, which gives the alternative of more damage at regular speed at slight smaller damage at much faster speed. The Heavy Axes and Polearms offer more or less the same thing; some quick attacks with a well-aimed polearm or a powerful Axe attack.

With the Wavemasters in the back, they will need to be split into two or more relative groups. At first choice I say two groups, one led by Gingitsune to specify what type of spells to use and with what frequency, including at what time to do them. Another group, led and/or by Gingitsune or someone of her choosing would be in charge of restoration for the attackers. This can be vice versa, and Gingitsune obviously chooses who does what. Asgard obviously would be the main force of attacking formation and timing at the front lines, and he would decide when each wave attacked and when they paused. I think that with this coordination, and Asgard chooses maybe a couple of people to lead their respective groups, that we may not necessarily win, which is a possibility, but we can at least do two things; we can drive the two fighters apart, and we can stop either of them from casting spells on the other, whether they be restoration or enhancement.

I know one of them is easily distracted while the other can’t swim. When they dodge, and if they are on the bridge, some of us could sacrifice our characters to force the other into the water. This would help Asgard and his group put an end to that one. The other, who is easily distracted, could then be pincered by the other players, who with the constant barrage of spells and attacks from every side and multiple. Altitudes and frequencies would enter a frenzy. He would be similar to say a Starcraft game, where if the computer is attacked by certain things, it will attack the one that is hitting it, and if they take turns repeatedly hitting it, its target continuously changes, causing it to almost never get to attack.

I’ve looked over this tactic, and I think it could work. We would constantly be doing damage to them, stopping them from regaining health, and regaining health ourselves. G and A, if you guys want to go ahead with this, I don’t mind being one of the characters that gets killed. I guess in this instance it doesn’t matter. But, if you guys like this plan, go ahead and approve it, although I welcome more of you guys to expound upon it.

Zavier
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:12 am

(OOC: All these sound like great ideas. I just have one I thought of and I HAVE to get off of my chest. Ok, everyone knows that if a dam was destroyed the immense pressure and amount of water it supports would rush through whatever comes in it's way.

I was thinking that once we get through half of the "Drown Poor Gem and Annoy Eye" plan where Gem is in the river all who have some kind of raise spells or scrolls use them (preferably those of Earth) in the water close to Gem completely across the river so it holds the river's flow for some time until the pressure is enough that when the "Wall" disappears the tide will carry Gem away deeply submerged, thus carrying him away and eventually drowning him. If we could get Eye in there as well it would be like killing two birds with one stone.. or stone wall. It kind of sounds stupid and a waste of SP but I had to tell it.)

9,000 GP

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:15 am

WAIT A SECOND! Zavier, are you insane? Suggesting we sacrifice one of our own men? 'Tis insane I SAY!

Honestly, for all most of our IC selves would know, death could very well be permanent in the World. There might not be a chance to use a ressurect or Rip Maen. It could very well be permanent. As in WE BE DEAD. That would NOT be a good thing at all. Death isn't something I look forward to.

Anyways, we're not attacking them heads on. We do that, no matter what we're getting slaughtered. Even if we all did our best attacks, we couldn't take them both out before they took all of us out. Even though they don't have much desperateness as we'd have. The plan for the wave of spells was primarily to knock them off guard and send them swimming.

Honestly, I don't think we should let Eye into the water. If we do that, he might drag Gem to the surface. Therefore, I say we split into two groups.

Group A: Consists of Tirath and our quickest and nimblest people. Their job would be to draw off Eye away from Gem, breaking up the Twin Blades. As Gem is more focused, he wouldn't be as likely to break off from Asgard as the main target. We just need to keep Eye busy long enough until we can get Gem dealt with so all of us can beat Eye head on.

Group B: Consists of the sneaky Hijinx, Gingi, and our slower members. Their job would be to knock Gem into the river once Eye has been distracted off somewhere. We would then barrage the drowning Twin Blade with spells and use our heavier, longer weapons to keep the player from grasping the edge. If we do that, Gem should drown and be done with.

However, I just noticed one key flaw. Being normal players (I think), they can log back in like the admins had been doing. Therefore, immediately aftering killing off Gem, that Chaos Gate needs to go down. I'm sure Gingi-sama can manage that though, no?

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:32 am

I'm actually glad that you came up with that point here Asura. I have a question for you guys...in .hack//sign, when Tsukasa (spelling) died in the World, he said he woke up later on, and it just felt weird, not that it was permanent. So, if we did die, wouldn't we just say respawn later where we died or at the root town?...

The chaos gate idea is a good one, so that was good to point that out. I want some more people to expound, however, cuz it seems we're really reaching a plan here...Asura, maybe some kind of bridging between ours, because regardless as to how fast and fluid and in control those two fighters are, they are still subject to some of the rules of the game...

Z
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:01 am

(OOC:I said this in a chat to Asura but I'll put it here just so everyone else knows:
"Non, mon cheri. The gate is fine."

He pointed his rod at the gate. Asgard and Gingitsune turned to see that, in another impossibility, the broken pieces of the gate were beginning to float. No strings. Much like Gingi's action towards the gate, Tritoch's was just as grand.

"You see, there is a program in "The World"'s code. It was just implemented after the attack of the Yoroi General in Mac Anu. The coders have made a failsafe program that automatically repairs "errors" in the game's textures and graphics, like the chaos gate." He paused as the gate began piecing itself together. The shards slid into their places flawlessly as a white glow from the cracks melded the pieces together.
Thus, the chaos gate would return and Gem could still come back. the same would happen to the bridge of course but in the small amount of time that it would be gone, we could dispose of Gem. Just here to clear this up.)

9,000 GP

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:21 am

I say when we get rid of Gem and managed somehow trapped Eye, we make a break into the Mac Anu hideout but the Chaos Gate must be disabled long enough in order to this to work. Also, is there a dam in Mac Anu that we could destroy, strato? Maybe we can use that to trap Eye long enough to escape.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath