Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Promises Fulfilled; The Pet’s Turn To Shine

Post by Nighthand » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:36 am

Back in the root town, Dun Loireag…

After another near-annihilation, they had been saved by the least likely of all allies, Royce.

”What is going on now… I’d better have a talk with Nall.” Nighthand muttered to himself.

On his way to track down the blademaster, he met up with Asgard. He looked deep in thought.

"What troubles you, Asgard? You seem haunted this day."

"I'm just thinking of what my life was before all this happened. And what it would be like if I had never gotten into this fantasy nightmare..."

"I see..." He pulls out his flute, something not seen in almost a year, and plays a few notes. "Perhaps you would like to share, my friend? A good ear can do wonders, sometimes."

Asgard stopped Nighthand's sudden intent on playing the flute with an open palm, trying to communicate that it was alright. "Nevermind. Maybe I'll tell you the story later. I bet Nall wants us to come back to the hideout for the next battle plan..." With that he offered his hand to Nighthand, asking for a little help getting up. As Nighthand palmed Asgard's bandages, both of them were surrounded in a dark blue aura. Terro looked with surprise as both players vanished soon after, leaving a rising smell of vapor by the Chaos Gate.

They weren’t gone for long, however. Nothing more than a flicker, though they looked much more worn than before.

”Well, that was interesting… I’m going to not touch you again, now.” Nighthand laughed and walked off once again in search of Nall. His first location, of course, was the hideout.

He wasn’t there… nor were Raine or Sheena. Nayru was, though, so he decided to question the rodent.

”He was here. Raine and Sheena said he needed rest, but of course he ignored me and ran off. Probably on the rooftops somewhere, knowing him.”

Nighthand nodded and walked out. He strode into and alley and clambered up to the rooftops. It wasn’t long before, as expected, he found Nall deep in brooding thought.

”Nall, may I have a word?” Nighthand said, sitting next to him.

The blademaster looked over at him. Even this small movement seemed to cause him immense pain. ”What?”

“You’re obviously hurt… Too weak to lead these people around right now. And those few you promised things to… I say we at least take care of some of them. Else you might have a mutiny on your hands.”

"I...I realize that... I've been taking too much damage lately... I'm not used to being hurt like this..."
Nall paused, closing his eyes in pain. He continued without opening them.

"What do YOU expect me to do?"

“Nothing. Stay, rest… You can have Nayru keep an eye on us, in fact as much as I don’t like the rodent, it can at least contact Raine and Sheena if we’re in a pinch, right? In the mean time, tell me what you promised these people, besides rares, and I’ll see what I can do.”

"Hmph... Raine and Sheena are NOT to be depended on... They are busier then us..."
Nall handed Nighthand a parchment. "That's everything I promised, and who I promised it to... I'd rather not have Nayru in charge though, he's too stupid."

“Oh, I wouldn’t let him be in charge, just drag him along. I’d only call Raine and Sheena if we were in more than we could handle. Thanks… I’ll let you rest now.”

Nighthand stood, and turned to go.

"Before you go.....I'm going someplace to rest... It's too noisy here and I'm afraid of being attacked by people again.... Take this."
Nall tosses Nighthand a strange golden card.
"You may have seen me use this before. If there's any trouble and you need to get into a hacked field, use this. Obviously our cloaking doesn't mean shit, so do what you like. Flashmail me if you see one of them..."

Nall disappeared, the familiar golden rings falling over him. Nighthand pocketed the card, and leapt lightly off the rooftops.

Once down, he immersed himself in reading the parchment. It had a bunch of information on it. Nall, for once, hadn’t been lying.

Who to do first…

Ryok: No, rule him out… Too much to do with this… Xander. He looks powerful in his own right… And from what I remember when I went with Angelus way back when, it’s NOT something we want part of.

Reinier… Hacorie… They’re just greedy, they want rare items. Hah, don’t they know rares half the time aren’t even worth it? Ah well… Who else.

Lighteria… Ah, perfect. Low level field, simple mission… Should be easy to do. Alrighty.

Nodding to himself he arrived at the Chaos gate. Moving swiftly, he gated to Mac Anu and went to the hideout. There, he settled into the couch in the back, where he could watch everyone enter.

Flashmail
To: Everyone

Come, meet me in Mac Anu’s Hideout. Nall is off recuperating, and left me with what to do. Lighteria, you’ll be especially pleased to know we’re going to help you. In fact, everyone who Nall promised something to should be happy with this.

So, if you’re coming with us, join me here. I’ll answer as much as I can there.

He leaned back and waited for them to come.

(Alrighty, all root town activities you want really taken care of, in either town, do before you join me… And any questions, ask when you arrive.)

Hacorie
Ikkitousen

Post by Hacorie » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:01 pm

His efforts succeeded or so it seemed. Hac extremely helped in making the monster even madder. Raikiri though was about to unleash another form. This form would be more powerful and more destructive than the last. If that were to happen it would be all over for everyone. This is why Hac helped the group. He did not want to die forever. Death was not a fear, but should be a privilege when the time is right. He knew then, the time was not right. A hacker by the name of Royce interrupted the battle though before Raikiri actually went into its next form. This hacker seemed to be Raikiri's leader or superior one. That was the last thing Hac remembered before he was back in the root town of Dun Loireag. With sounds of the wind around him, the Heavy Blade gated back to his spot away from everyone, and everything. This place was only known by a field name, Bursting Fantasy Fallen Angel

Entering, the Heavy Blade quickly turned to the side and saw that the town was normal. People were traveling from here to there. It seemed they were all getting ready for a spring festival now instead of the autumn one. Decorations were everywhere, and people were sweeping the streets making them all clean. A familiar voice then shriveled up his spine as Hacorie tried heading toward one of the house. It was that of his guardian, Aqualiea . The water fairy was in full size and flying toward him with her wings fluttering behind her making the buzzing sound of a hummingbird or bee when near. Ahh...I thought i heard you say these keywords. What are you doing back here? There is no more trouble, and by the looks of things everything is going quite well. So why come back?" I wanted to see if I could alter my character a bit here. See his place is different from all other places. It has people here who think for them and cannot log out, like me. Since this place and its inhabitants defy the game, I think I might be able to as well.

With nothing else to say to his pet, Hac walked into the nearest house. It was empty, as he knew it would be. Everyone was setting up for the festival and no one would be at home since everyone wanted to help. Looking around, Hac saw a pair of scissors lying on a table. As he neared the sharp object, the Heavy Blade stopped and remembered something. A long time ago when he was designing his character, he created another file and saved it to his data. There was only a slight problem with this; Hac had no way of accessing this data from inside a game. He pondered a bit on how to access it. Though, it was a mystery of how he did, but minutes later, Hac was thinking about the name of the data. Self.avi A Black light engulfed his body. Hac's clothes began to alter a slight bit. His black cloak became solid blue and everything else mostly stayed the same, and a minor detail also changed, two teeth were now sticking out of the Heavy Blades mouth, one on each side of the lips. These were his fangs. Hac was a vampire after all.

After exiting the house, Hac looked around and began making his way to the fountain in the town. Nearing it, he stuck a hand out in front of himself and began forming the water into a something. The water stayed a liquid and did not drip and make a puddle on the ground when Hac was forming. He had control now, or at least a little more than before. All the town’s inhabitants slowly put down their work and came near to look at the Heavy Blade and what he was doing. Standing awestricken, the townspeople just continued to gaze on. Hac on the other hand did not notice them; he was too busy moving his hands back and forth making the water even in all parts. With hands moving rapidly, minutes became even more minutes, and before Hac knew it, forty-five minutes had past. Time was flying by, and he was almost finished. Then, he made a sweeping of his hand, The Heavy Blade made a snap of his fingers and the water froze. What was left was a magnificent replication of the town itself. Hac then took his finger on the edge of the small city and wrote his name in the air. The water dispersed where he had pointed and what remained read, ‘Hacorie’

Smiling, he turned around and bowed as three golden rings engulfed him and sent him back to the windy city. Upon opening his eyes, Hac saw a bright yellow, blue, and green thing. It was a floating balloon, which had been cut from its tied position somehow. Another weird thing was that the hot air was running in the Hot-Air Balloon, but no one was in it. It was quite a funny sight, but Hac had no time to pay attention to idiotic things. He then withdrew his Blessed Blade and began walking around the town looking for Nall. Nall owed him a rare item, and Hac owed Nall a few slashes. It was all Nall's fault that Hacorie was trapped and in this predicament. Especially since Hac only wanted a rare item. I guess I am just too gullible. Maybe it is my fault. As a rare item hunter, want to collect a lot of Rare items. Thus, I listen to everyone about where they are. Most tend to be wrong, but some.... some are right. Special Events were also a good place to find rare items, but the only thing was that you had to win the special event to get them instead of everyone getting them for participating.

Searching the city up and down, Hac found no trace of the one known as Nall. Right then, a Flashmail was sent to Hac. It was from Nighthand. Please do not be about another 'vacation'.

Flashmail

Come, meet me in Mac Anu’s Hideout. Nall is off recuperating, and left me with what to do. Lighteria, you’ll be especially pleased to know we’re going to help you. In fact, everyone who Nall promised something to should be happy with this.

End Flashmail

Delta Server Root Town

The Chaos Gate complied and a few seconds after, Hac found himself in an old city. Old was classified not by the look, but the time it had been since he had been back. This city was the first place Hac had ever been. As he entered a zephyr of wind brushed across his face as is hair and cloak moved with the wind. With blue eyes shining through the cloak and being seen Hac began to look for this hideout that was in Nighthand’s flashmail. Looking around, Hac summoned his pet. See if you can go find Nighthand. I think you can see the hideout since you are my pet. Quickly now, I will be browsing the city for the place, I will call if I find it. Okay Hac, I am on it. The blue light then came out of his hood and began zipping around the city. Going back and forth, and through all the alleys. Only making it a little ways down the first alley he saw, Hac’s pet showed up next to him.

I am guessing you found it? Yes, follow me! His guardian said excited as she went off again, but slower s Hac could just see her round a corner. Following quickly, Hac watched her cross a mini bridge and into an alley. It is right in this alley. Looking around to make sure no one was looking, Hac froze a deep portion of the river. The block would not stay for long since water was rushing against it, but Hac quickly walked across it. He then just left it frozen as he walked in the alley. Entering and looking around, Hac looked at Nighthand in the back. He then took a few steps forward and looked around a bit waiting for the others to arrive.
Hacorie
Level 36 Heavy Blade
Gold: 21237

Equips
Oceanic Aura/Sharktooth-Ice Helm-Winter Coat-
Shiva's Rings-Bondage Pants
---Water Magic, BL Yokohama

Wishlist:
Level Meh Up
Weapons: Sakabatou/Rock n Roll/Peace Blade
Body: Knight's Armor
Other: Earthlore/Feng Shui
--------Water/Earth Scrolls

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:47 am

She was too late. By the time she had flashmailed Reinier the field had been sealed, and Gingitsune was stuck on the wrong side. She kicked the edge of the barrier soundly with her foot, making a small sound of frustration. It just hadn't been her day.

A few players looked at her curiously, the serious-Wavemistress violently harassing the digital stone wall with her precarious stiletto boots.
She looked around at them, narrowing her cattish violet eyes and shrugging nonchalantly, "excuse me," she said frigidly and walked off in the direction of the alley.

Once in the cool darkness of the sunless walkway she slumped down against the wall, leaning her weary head back to touch the wall, and extending her legs so that the tips of her toes arched and brushed the opposite wall. She was tired. A sudden flash of light made her look around wildly, the paranoia was setting in, but the source was not an enemy or even an errant sunbeam, it was the tattoo on her thigh, Horus' Eye. The black tattoo glowed a brilliant blue, like a sore bruise, and Gingitsune felt the strange sensation of Jocasta emerging from her leg. The Sphinx, enveloped in her feathery wings, floated out, levitating dramatically towards the sky with her tawny eyes shut against the darkness and her lethal claws protruding from velvety paws. Gingitsune shuddered. It felt as if a ghost had just passed through her.

"You could have found a better place to conceal yourself," she said crossly, her eyes narrowed in annoyance and her mouth contracted.
Jocasta opened her eyes slowly, giving her mistress an insolent glare down her small feline nose. She primly unfurled her wings, suspended in the air like a great and terrible beast, before landing soundlessly on the ground on all four paws. The claws retracted, and the heavily lined eyes widened, Jocasta looked as fit as she ever had. Gingitsune began to get the rather annoying feeling that Jo had never been injured at all, but had been giving her one of those intense psychological test-cum-holidays that her guardian had the frustrating tendency to take. It was like those corporate seminars in which people pretended to be working but slacked off and went to the beach. Her guardian was a corporate slacker.

"You've always said you wanted a tattoo. Or thought so anyway. I was merely fulfilling a wish of yours, and you scold me as if I had done it merely for my amuse. It's not like I like being there. You have a terrible walk, you know, you swing your hips a lot."

"What have you been doing anyway Jo? You very nicely abandoned me when I needed you."

"I hardly abandoned you, I would have come out if you had invoked me. I merely thought that as usual my ever-so-powerful mistress wouldn't want to see hide nor hair of me." The usual biting sarcasm tainted Jocasta's fluidly eloquent voice. It was like a thumbtack in the butter.

"I'm not getting into this argument Jocasta."

"I provide the kind of support you should be getting Gingitsune, you're very powerful, you don't need me as backup. What you need in confidence in yourself and in your manipulation of light. Whether I am here physically or in your mind makes little difference. If you wish to have my presence I will be here, but I help you all the same, though you may not realize it without the nagging."

Gingitsune felt herself smile again. A thumbtack in the butter, but butter all the same. Her Sphinx was the embodiment of all that was feline and female, yang, if she was human and real Gingitsune had no doubt that Jocasta would be President without a problem. She could put any sort of spin on anything, and make her terrible sarcasm into lovely prose with a mild alteration of her voice. Jocasta was no busy ignoring her guardian and cleaning her razor paws, licking delicately between each curved claw. Cats had that lethal beauty. One moment you were admiring the beautiful clean lines of muscles rippling with every fluid motion, the sleek coat, intelligently cold eyes and symmetry of feature and the next they were demons- claws unsheated, teeth exposed- pouncing on some unsuspecting creature. The beautiful demons would then badger their prey to death, keeping it alive until it ceases to amuse their sadistic nature to torture it. Jocasta was exactly that quality.

Gingitsune laughed and shook her head. Was she the prey? Was she playing a cat and mouse game? Jocasta was, in the least, an interesting guardian.

As she mused on the topic of feline devilry, Gingitsune received a flashmail.

"Hmm," she said happily, "they must finally be back."

Flashmail

End Flashmail

Nall is off recuperating... Gingitsune shook her head, that boy could not stay healthy.

Stretching her feet for a final time against the wall she pushed herself off the ground, onto her hands, and finally onto her feet. She brushed the dust off her hands and motioned to Jocasta, who continued to cooly clean herself. Gingi adjusted her mantle, pulled her skirt down a bit, and walked out of the alley, with a springier step than that with which she had entered. She had missed the last quest, but she had needed that little time off to collect herself. Her eye had turned back to normal, she had felt the burning sensation leave it as the colour cooled from turbulent purple back to soft violet.

Heading towards the Chaos Gate with Jocasta inconspicuously flying abovehead Gingitsune considered her mood swings. She would really need to get them under control, she thought to herself with a comical grimace.

Once in Mac Anu Gingitsune smiled, back to the old hideout, Gingitsune remembered the day that the town was under attack- that first day. The day they had all met. How long ago had that been? Shaking her head Gingitsune walked on, taking familiar twisting alleys without thought or consideration, she had been there so many times. Finally arriving at the proper door she entered softly.

"We're here..."

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:56 am

In Mac Anu, city of water, things are changing. Pillows line the streets. Fluffy ones, all pre-warmed. Fireplaces dot the walls, giving off gentle glows and similar warmth. Purple bell-shaped flowers grow in planters placed near the shops. Every wall is made of carpet fabric, the easy to snap kind. Rubber balls roll down from the chaos gate into the streets at regular intervals. The great river of the city flows with sweetened milk and fresh tuna is harvested from the depths and served fresh at the docks for free in saucers. And the great queen of this utopian land? The one who sits atop her lofty throne of pillows, back scratchers and cat nip? Why it's none other than...

"Kit... you're so cute..." Lighteria says softly, watching Kit purr happily as she sleeps, her paws swiping softly at the air as another catnip mouse is auto-dangled in front of her. The twinblade rubs her belly softly and she purrs louder, stretching her paws. A minute or two passes by and Lighteria soon finds himself yawning and drowsy. Yes there are few things more sedative than watching a cat lying in the sun, napping. Eventually Lighteria puts his head down on to the roof shingles of the building he'd climbed up on and shuts his eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.

I hear voices... again. This time it's different though...

His eyes open in his dream to reveal himself in aura form in the dream. He blinks, his head feeling light and his consciousness both expanded yet confined. He looks through his minds eye, watching himself float in a vast empty field.

How bizarre... Is that what happened to me in the field? I turned into that?

Before he can give it anymore thought, however, the voices of children suddenly flood his ears. He looks up to see the black, lifeless orbs that appear when he dies, thousands of them, descending on him and the aura. He blink in surprise as his face is suddenly moistened.

....?

"Kit?" Lighteria gasps and bolts up right, coming out of the dream. He looks down to see Kit, who had been licking his cheek to wake him up, staring back at him.

"Mew meow meow? (Another bad dream?)" She asks. Lighteria nods and sighs.

"I saw myself in that... form. Where I split..." He looks to his wrist. "This new power I have... I have to work on being able to focus with it. I can't keep killing off consciousnesses just to get to the point where I can focus enough to reform..."

"Mew mew meow meow mew. Meow mew mew.(No one said you have to master it in a day. Give it a little time.)"

"Maybe.. but lately time isn't something I-" He blinks. "A flashmail?"

Flashmail

End Flashmail

"Going to help me!?" He says, suddenly worried. "I.. I don't want to put people out of their way for MY silly problems..." He shakes his head, turning a little pale from worry, trying to block out his fear by trying to think.

Everyone who Nall promised something...? Could he mean...?!

"The gift... that was stolen?" Lighteria says slowly, his fear suddenly melting away. His thoughts drift back to his old questing partner and the gift he'd left behind. The gift that was stolen before Lighteria could reach it.

"Lighteria?" Kit says, looking curiously at his expression. A good five seconds pass by before the twin blade suddenly grabs Kit in his hand and yanks her into his arms.

"Let's go Kit!" He says almost excitedly, rushing as fast as he can to the hideout.
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:21 am

Jumping on the closest players back, Hijinx surveyed the town with triumphant glee in her eyes. There were some many people but so little time! As the player she was standing on struggled to relieve himself of his unexpected burden, the rabbit rolled forward, toppling him into the river. Next was a female long arm, followed by a crowd of men who had been cheering the event on after the woman was dunked. Giggling and beaming at the people in the water, she leaned over and waved before hopping over to the other side. She had important hunting to do!

Lighteria was making haste towards the hide-out when hijinx caught up to him. Her ears flapping in the breeze as she jumped from roof to roof, always keeping him in view, she prepared her assault. As he was rounding a bend, she tossed urbosh in front of him. The pet quickly expanded into a bouncy wall that took up the width of the alley as the twinblade dropped down behind him. As Lighteria rebounded from the blob she locked her arms under his biceps and jumped, sailing into the air and looking down into the water as they both plunged towards the water. Waiting until she was just about to the river, Hijinx spun him around to confuse him and springboarded off his back. Landing on theside of the canal she laughed and smiled.

Suddenly there was a ringing noise from her pocket. Pulling out an alarm clock, she gasped and grabbed her blob. It was off to the hide-out for her! She charged in and leapt into the air, plopping on the couch with soft sigh and a giggle.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:02 am

Racing across the Mac Anu bridge Lighteria latches his eyes onto the back alleyways, trying to remember where the hideout is. As he runs, his eyes point upwards in thought.

Lessee... I think it was second alleyway then left then right... or was it 3d alleyway right then right? Or was it rooftop, down then left? Or was it -!!!

"MEW!!! (LOOK OUT!!!)" Kit suddenly screams, bounding off his shoulder.

"Huh-? GAH!!" He gargles out hitting what seemed to be a slime wall. Kit bounds off the slime, skidding to a halt on the wooden bridge. Lighteria though, having more momentum, bounces back, super-ball like, into an unknown person's arms. He blinks and blushes for a moment, unable to even turn his head before he and the girl assailant (he knows its a girl because... well his back isn't numb.) sail towards the water. He gasps, suddenly feeling himself spun around and bounced upon. Completely in shock, he plunges into the water making a huge splash as he belly-flops with his head tilted downward.

Unfortunately for him, he was quiiiiiiite finished with the gasp at that point and he instantly gets a mouth full of water, swallowing it, naturally, into his stomach and lungs. His eyes bug open as he floats in the water. He covers his mouth with his hands, trying to cough out the water but instead inviting more water into his system as he sinks a little deeper from all the equipment and the fact he's thin. His eyes widen and roll back, his head suddenly feels light and his lungs burn. He twitches for a second screams out under the water.

On the bridge above, a few people look down into the river, curious as to what happened to the victim. Without warning, a flash of blue light suddenly emanates from the water. The onlookers blink in unison as dozens of tiny points of blue light waft upwards from the water.

((OCC: Good job jinx, Lighteria accidentally turned into a Rue aura))
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:09 am

Mac Anu, City of Water. Quiet, serene, full of people, and rather calm in itself. Rivers ebb and flow through channels, passing players left and right. The air holds a small cool breeze which moves and twists and twirls throughout the root town. Somewhere within the town, a single silver-haired heavyblader lies sleeping. The small bracelet encircling his wrist lets out a soft light which quickly fades away.

Are you just going to sleep for the rest of your life here? I understand what you’re thinking, it’s all I’ve been hearing since you fell asleep. You tend to think a lot when you sleep, not sure if that’s good or bad but I definitely know what you think of me now.

What’d you wake me up for? You know everything that happened, so you can let me sleep. I won’t get mad at you for it. I’m extremely wore out.

I woke you because I sensed that your friends have returned now. They’ve had a tough time themselves. Get up and go find them.

In a small semi-secluded corner of Mac Anu, a male heavyblader lies asleep on the ground by the riverside, rather peacefully. He rolls over and moves his arms to the ground to pick himself up, only to realize how close he is to the water when he sends his left arm into the slowly flowing river. Pulling his drenched arm from the river he shakes it and then moves all the hair from in front of his eyes.

“Great! You see what you made me do? Don’t wake me up like that without warning me where I am. Wait...You heard my thoughts about what I think of you while I was sleeping? Haha...Uh...Yeah! I can sense that Gingi and the others are back too. I really should go looking for them.”

Lakely rises to his feet and stretches to make himself even more awake. Surveying his surroundings he realizes that he’s back at his old ‘home’ of sorts. Next to the bridge, riverside, right by the Elf’s Haven shop of Mac Anu. Gripping the siderail, he leaps up to the stairs and up to the main bridge of Mac Anu. His friends are nowhere that he can see, so he leans against the railing thinking to himself.

I still find it hard to believe. Why would someone do that? All the trouble they had to go through just so they could...

His train of thought was soon derailed as notice came of a received flashmail.

****Flashmail****

Come, meet me in Mac Anu's Hideout. Nall is off recuperating, and left me with what to do. Lighteria, you'll be especially pleased to know we're going to help you. In fact, everyone who Nall promised something to should be happy with this.

So, if you're coming with us, join me here. I'll answer as much as I can there

****End Flashmail****

Oh, they’re all coming to the hideout here. I’m already here so I’ll just go wait for them and maybe catch a bit more rest.

What!? More sleep? I don’t think so. I will take form and bite you every time you close your eyes if I have to. You’re not going to sleep the whole day again.

Odd...I’ve never thought how weird it is that I’m talking to, and arguing with a piece of jewelry. It’s not even a cool piece of jewelry either, it’s a bracelet. Anyways, we’re going to the hideout and I’m sleeping.

Lakely pushes himself from the rail and brushes his soft silver hair from his face. Stepping to his left he makes his way to the hideout that belongs to his friends that like himself, cannot leave “The World.” Upon entering, he says a few words to the others inside and immediately sits in one of the chairs. Tilting his head back he closes his eyes and ponders on the events that have occurred since he was last with the group. Slowly, gently, quietly, he drifts away and falls asleep.

THIS SIG NEEDS TO BE UPDATED

Name: Lakely

Lvl 23 Heavy Blade (110 SP)

9,000 GP

Equipment: Life Sword, Face Guard, Wrist Band, Noble Cloak, Safety Shoes

Skills: Gan Smash, Death Bringer, Rue Zot, Juk Rom, Ol Repth, Ap Ruem

Spare Equipment: Light Giver, Absorber, Horse-Killer

Guardian: Vasuki the Naga King (Lv. 9)

Golden Orb is: A bit more intense.

ryok
Elevated Player

Post by ryok » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:56 pm

-He warped from the forest field from which he had whitnessed something new. A hacker that could turn into a demon.. Ryok walked the bridges of Dun Loireag. As he passed the item shop, and moved around back of it he gazed at the citys state. It was indeed beautiful, ryok couldn't stop himself from marveling at it. Ryok came to the secret bridge that had his sleeping spot at the end of it. He walked to the other side his arms, and legs tired from what happened before. He climbed up on to the huge gray rock, and spread his limbs out. The rock itself wasn't flat, but jaged, and bumpy in many places. His arms and legs hung off the side of the rock his back balanced so that he wouldn't slide. He stare upwards into the half hidden sky for a moment until he drift off into an abyss of darkness. The memories of the quiet, peaceful minutes before the lightning hack came flashing through his mind. His eyelids shut, and he fell asleep...

-An explosion.. He was standing on a lush forest field, and in the distance an explosion went of like a necleur bomb had been dropped. The mushroom cloud rose up parting the clouds from underneith as it rose. A shock wave glide across the land taking trees, and mountians out from in front of him. The wave came closer and closer.. Ryok lifted his arms crossed in front of his face, and closed his eyes. It passed, and a white light covered his vision for a breif moment. Ryok stood in front of him.. He looked down now in Kakashi, his former being.

-"This is the same dream.." Kakashi stated to ryok.

-"Yes it is.." Ryok said. Kakashi looked around a bit, staring at everything around him. His right eye closed and twitched a few times.

-"Hot.. Hot.." on his chest a flame had erupted, and Kakashi was waving his arms wildly around to put it out.

-"Whhhaaa!" Ryok waved his arms around trying to put the flame out that lay on his chest. Kocking the creature that had set it off the edge of the platform. Ryok slide off the rock his arms still flailing, and his eyes half shut. He hit the ground the grass moving around his body other pieces being crushed under his being. He sat up looking down at his burnt Kimono, and fried skin. Ryok flipped upside down, and crawled to the edge. Still a little dazed he peered of the edge. A small red and orange light sat hovering just above the mist. It rose getting bigger and bigger.. Half way up though it stopped getting bigger, and just got closer. Ryok blinked a few times as the ball of fire ran into his face. He flung himself backwards into the grass and sand ground rubbing his face in pain. Ryok sighed, blinked a few times, and sat back up. His eyes opened as wide as they could staring at the ball of light that hovered a few feet above the ground. It was tiny at that only a few a foot or so in diameter. Flames radiated from the top of it disappearing slowly into the air.

-"Uhh, Who.. Err.. What are you?.." Ryok asked patting the top of his head. Something was wrong though, he couldn't feel his hair. His hand dropped down in front of his face where he examined a white glove. He turned his hand over a red glyph covering the top of it. An eyebrow raised in confusion. Where these two things came from a complete mystery to him. Ryok stood up looking around for anyone that might happen to own this 'thing'. No one was around only the silent chirping of crickets, and background music playing in his ears. Ryok started to the bridge to continue searching, but as he came to the edge of the pillar a bluw screen appeared in front of him. He touched it twice with his left index finger, and waited for it to open..

-To: Everyone

-Come, meet me in Mac Anu's Hideout. Nall is off recuperating, and left me with what to do. Lighteria, you'll be especially pleased to know we're going to help you. In fact, everyone who Nall promised something to should be happy with this.

So, if you're coming with us, join me here. I'll answer as much as I can there

-Ryok stared at the letter for a moment, his face showing no emotion at all. He started forwards meeting the back of the store, and moving around it. At his back a heat emanated from the small fireball like creature. He turned around seeing it hovering just behind him. It's little eyes blinked a few times before raising an eyebrow..

-"Why, why are you looking at me?.." It asked a puzzled like on its face. Ryok scratched his head the weird cloth glove starting to irritate the feeling in his hand. He brought his right hand back down in front of him, and pulled the glove off stuffing it into his pouch so that it'd leave his mind. Ryok started at the monster a little longer before answering.

-"Uhm, because you're Following me." He said raising an eyebrow raising back.

-"What do you want me to do? Not follow you? Look I don't think you understand I am your 'PET' don't ask me where I'm from, or what I am. I kinda just appeared here looking for you. So, here I am!.. I mean you are Ryok right? I mean I don't have the wrong person. I hope I don't hav-" Ryok looked in digust at the creature. "What?" It asked looking back with the same face. His face softened as he started thinking..

-"You, You have the right person. Whats your name, and if your my pet do you obey me?" Ryok asked as he stepped forwards. Noticing the considerable heat coming from the creature he stepped back again.

-"Hidama!.. Yes, you are my master, but you don't mind if I call you ryok right? I mean you wouldn't mind right? If I cal-" Hidama stopped due to the fact that ryok interrupted it.

-"YES! Just.. Stop talking!.." He sighed and turned away walking across the next bridge towards the Chaos Gate. It followed behind him not to far away, but far enough so that he wasn't in pain from the heat it gave off. Ryok stepped up to the gate, and yelled out. "Mac Anu!.." Six golden rings dropped from the sky on to the two of them. As the rings slid upwards their bodies disappeared. He landed looking around for his new found friend. He sighed walking from where he stood at the hideout.

-"I am in here.. I mean your head."

-Ryok stopped, and closed his eyes he could see the creature standing with a dark background behind it.

-"Where exactly is that?.."

-"Right where I said!.. in your head!.."

-Ryok sighed, and continued on towards the hideout. He settles into a chair, and looks around waiting for what they were to do next..

Ryok| Lvl. 27| Heavy Blade| Demonic Sword| Kagayuzen| Fire Bracer| Suzaku Fiery Pants
Karin| Kannon| Miu Lei| Vak Rom| Vak Don| Dek Vaks| Ap Vaks
Skill Drain| Death

Wish list:Black Sharp Angelic Wings| Time Headband| Unique Weapon

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:19 am

Vera lay on top of a building as she sighed depressingly with another girl and stared up. "This sucks, we need something more exciting to do." she said as she turned to the woman and smiled.

"You got yourself killed...more then once, just in that last battle. I think that counts as not boring." the woman said as Vera nodded and kissed her softly. Vera's ear perked up as she glared and sighed, she had received a flash mail and wasn’t in the mood to really read it but did. She would much rather be spending time with her girlfriend, but was obligated to read the mail at least. "What does it say? Never mind that, let’s just go anyway." the woman said as Vera sighed and nodded getting up.

Flash mail

Come; meet me in Mac Anu’s Hideout. Nall is off recuperating, and left me with what to do. Lighteria, you’ll be especially pleased to know we’re going to help you. In fact, everyone who Nall promised something to should be happy with this.

Vera sighed again as she climbed off the roof with the woman and began to walk to the hide out. "You'd think that with all the crap, that is happening now; that we would have a better method of getting each others attention. No, we have flash mail, which I am sure the hackers can intercept and then beat us down again." she complained as they stopped and Vera turned to the woman. "Dear; I don't think it would be best for you to enter the hideout like that." she told the woman as the began to walk again.

Vera was still wounded from the battle with the hacker, which became a thunder demon called Raikiri (think I spelt that right). Her guns were damaged as well, but she didn't care; she would just repair them while listening to Nighthand talk.

The door to the hideout opened as Vera came in with her partner Kitski and sat down. "Fine, I am here." she said silently as she pulled her guns free and began to tinker with them.
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:08 am

"There's a fine line between bravery, and stupidity. A fine line between hope, and stupidity. A fine line between assumptions, and stupidity... You are lucky you're on the proper side of those lines.......this time." These words said by Royce echoed through Reinier’s thoughts. He wondered why she would help the players, yet toys with them all at the same time. Reinier continued onwards towards the hideout, thinking about random things by this point. He was still troubled by the events that followed this cursed group.

I’ve been in this group for only a few adventures, and I’ve already been put in to a coma, had to confront three “hacker elites,” and died countless times…Then there’s Nighthand… that odd, scary player who can’t control his powers, yet feels compelled to kill me and loot me twice…

Don’t forget me you ungrateful bastard. I only came to you because of you going all… comatose.

Oh what a blessing in disguise you are. Yeah, you came to me and it’s been nirvana on wheels ever since.

Next time you’re raw, bloody, and dying in a battle, and there’s a massive tiger or elephant, or what have you gnawing off your arm, don’t even look towards me for help. In fact, I’ll probably go help whatever’s killing you. Just remember that.

Reinier found himself resting down in the hideout, alone, waiting for the others. It felt odd that no one else had come to the hideout, and it made Reinier wonder if he was supposed to come here at all. “Fuck, were we supposed to go to a different server? Knowing my luck we were… and no one told me… they never tell me anything…” Reinier muttered to himself. At that point, he received a Flashmail from Nights.

Come, meet me in Mac Anu's Hideout. Nall is off recuperating, and left me with what to do. Lighteria, you'll be especially pleased to know we're going to help you. In fact, everyone who Nall promised something to should be happy with this.

So, if you're coming with us, join me here. I'll answer as much as I can there.

Nall is off recuperating again? Jesus this boy sleeps too much. Well, it’s good to know I’ll be getting something out of this… Great, now I have to go to Mac Anu… bastards could have told me that the next quest would be in Mac Anu, but noooooooooo, that would require being a good person…

Reinier stood up and walked out of the hideout. His blue jacket fluttered in the wind, as he stood stationary looking around at the scenery. He jogged towards the Chaos Gate, with a through running through his mind. It had been brought up before, but never answered. “Why me? Why was I chosen for this curse?” Reinier muttered as he finally reached the gate. He sighed and called out “Delta server!” Three golden rings fell over his body, the question still unanswered.

I doubt Nall will ever answer that question… but now I’m stuck following the group. I sure as hell can’t trust Nall, and yet I’m stuck, because only he knows what’s going on. If I leave, I’ll probably run in to one of those “Hacker Elites” and get in a bit of trouble. That’d be slightly bad… crap, I need fish…

Three golden rings fell over Reinier’s body, the one thought of “fish” on his mind now. He owed the little cat thing fish, so now it was time for him to pay up. In the distance, he could hear a muffled scream. Normally, he would just blow it off as morons having fun, but now he had a sneaking suspicion who the culprit was. He ran off towards the bridge, and could see Hijinx in the near vicinity. He looked over the bridge to see Lighteria… many Lighteria’s to be exact. His little aura’s began floating around the bridge.

Reinier snickered, and pulled out an empty Health Drink bottle. Almost in a Zelda like fashion, he trapped one of the aura’s in the bottle, resisting the urge to lift it in the air in triumph. He continued down the bridge and soon found himself in the trading district of Mac Anu. He knew where to go, and who to see. He walked over to a small booth, somewhat shrouded in shadows. Reinier looked down to see a tiny cloaked figure, his face covered in shadow. It said one word: “Squawk.”

Reinier quickly pulled out a tiny device he gained long ago in his travels, a “Penguin to English” dictionary of sorts. He pulled out the device and looked down to see what the penguin said. “I know what you’re here for.”

“Um… yeah, I need twelve fish…”

“Squawk. (I require the soul of a companion f or that many fish.)”
Reinier put away his dictionary, and set down the Health Drink bottle. The penguin gathered up the fish, and handed Reinier the string, and to it, twelve fish were connected. Reinier took the string, accidentally knocking over the bottle. It plummeted to the ground, shattering. Reinier looked around, noticing he still had the fish.

“Uh… bye!”
Reinier said, quickly running off. He quickly hooked a left and found himself inside the hideout. He closed the door behind him, looking around. Already some players had gathered in the room, and he felt like he held up the group a bit. He looked around and spotted Nayru in the corner. He held up the fish, and the cat-bird hybrid squealed with delight. It flew towards Reinier, past him and in to the wall behind the player, before coming in front of him. Reinier placed the string of fish in its’ mouth, and watched as Nayru fluttered off. “When are we heading out?” Reinier asked the group. He was curious on where they were going next, and hoped he got something good from this quest.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Squawk.” (He shall die at the coming of next morning.)
Reinier's Wishlist: Sakabatou|Sharktooth
Abraxas' Wishlist: Complementry|Summon
The Hack's Wishlist: Wall lvl 2

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:20 pm

”The ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah. The ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah. The ants go marching one by one,. The little one stops to suck his thumb. And they all go marching down to the ground. To get out of the rain, BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!” Nighthand mumbled to himself, as the party began to file in. Reinier, Ryok, Hacorie, Gingi, Vera, Hijinx… Oddly, another old friend, Lakely, returned. Asgard, Phoenix, Lighteria, and the new one Zan were nowhere to be found.

Uh, what was that?

Just an old song…

To: Nighthand

Sorry, I can’t come to your gathering. I have business that I have to do alone. I’ll be back sometime. Don’t try to find me.

He is planning of not coming back. He is been acting strangely and I will try to find out why. I suggest that you do not search for him especially in his current state of mind. He may attack you like he did with Nall and Raine. Also, do not tell anyone else about this except for Gingi. I do not think Nall would help him. I’ll keep you updated on the sititution.

~S

So it seems we’ve lost one… Ah well, we’ll go on as usual.

"Well that's only semi-sadistic Nights... Where are we going next, and why does Nall always have to go off and rest? I've died just as much as he has and I'm okay." Reinier said, always the first to bother him in his reveries.

”We’re going off to a field Lighteria knows, and onwards to get you greedy fools some rares. Nall has to go off and rest because he’s much more tied to the game that we are; Repth can only do so much towards healing him, but he has to do a lot of recuperating as well.”

"I'm not greedy anymore. I just want to go home at this point. I know you can't get me that, so there's my problem. I have to trust you people because I have no where else to go. But if an item is what I get, I'd like to shoot for nice fluffy wings." Reinier sighed and shook his head. "Anyway, who are we waiting on?"

”Lighteria, mostly. Zan, if he decides to show up. Sorry, your favorite Phoenix won’t be joining us on this one. And it’s always nice to wait a while, see if any old friends show up.” He waved in the general direction of Lakely.

"Aww, no Phoenix? We might be waiting awhile on Light, seeing as how currently he's a billion little blue fireflies, probably thanks to our friend Jinxy. I have a question... do you have any idea why Hac, Ryok, Light, and I were chosen by Nall to join his little affairs?"

”I’d say because we needed help, but the way it’s going it’s more like we needed meat shields. At least ONE thing you’re good at. But really, we did need the help. We need more people if we’re ever going to beat these hackers and get ourselves out of here.”

Reinier sat down a ways away and grumbled. "I am not a meat shield..." and then asked, "So that means... you're going to get more people to join us in this curse? Zan was smart and left it would seem... This is borderline sick and twisted, recruiting people to join in this horrible curse..."

”Well, it’s a lesser of two evils. The hackers want EVERYONE stuck in the game, where they with their powers can rule. Pretty crappy way to rule to world if you ask me, I mean, there’s no on eon the outside taking care of our bodies, and we can pretty easily die out there. But it’s their goal, and we have to try to stop them.”

"I see your point. I just wish there was an easier way to do this... without involving so many people... Should we be worried about Lighteria? I mean, he is the quiet type and has been gone for awhile... I could go look for him if you want."

”I was just about to suggest that. It sounds to me like he’s got himself broken apart again, so see if you can herd him in here and get him to re-form. Oh, and try not to get yourself attacked by wild penguins or anything. I don’t like having to fight birds for my looting.”

"Aye aye captain. I'll be back soon." He grabbed a vase that had somehow survived Hijinx’s numerous antics, and headed from the hideout.

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:57 pm

Reinier could hear Nighthand humming a song about ants and them dying, and said, "Well that's only semi-sadistic Nights... Where are we going next, and why does Nall always have to go off and rest? I've died just as much as he has and I'm okay."

“We’re going off to a field Lighteria knows, and onwards to get you greedy fools some rares. Nall has to go off and rest because he’s much more tied to the game that we are; Repth can only do so much towards healing him, but he has to do a lot of recuperating as well.”

"I'm not greedy anymore. I just want to go home at this point. I know you can't get me that, so there's my problem. I have to trust you people because I have no where else to go. But if an item is what I get, I'd like to shoot for nice fluffy wings." Reinier sighed and shook his head. "Anyway, who are we waiting on?"

“Lighteria, mostly. Zan, if he decides to show up. Sorry, your favorite Phoenix won’t be joining us on this one. And it’s always nice to wait a while, see if any old friends show up.” He gave a wave towards a HeavyBlade Reinier has yet to annoy… erm… “meet.”

"Aww, no Phoenix? We might be waiting awhile on Light, seeing as how currently he's a billion little blue fireflies, probably thanks to our friend Jinxy. I have a question... do you have any idea why Hac, Ryok, Light, and I were chosen by Nall to join his little affairs?"

“I’d say because we needed help, but the way it’s going it’s more like we needed meat shields. At least ONE thing you’re good at. But really, we did need the help. We need more people if we’re ever going to beat these hackers and get ourselves out of here.”

Reinier sat down on the closest couch and muttered, "I am not a meat shield..." He looked back up and Nighthand and asked, "So that means... you're going to get more people to join us in this curse? Zan was smart and left it would seem... This is borderline sick and twisted, recruiting people to join in this horrible curse..."

“Well, it’s a lesser of two evils. The hackers want EVERYONE stuck in the game, where they with their powers can rule. Pretty crappy way to rule to world if you ask me, I mean, there’s no on eon the outside taking care of our bodies, and we can pretty easily die out there. But it’s their goal, and we have to try to stop them.”

"I see your point. I just wish there was an easier way to do this... without involving so many people... Should we be worried about Lighteria? I mean, he is the quiet type and has been gone for awhile... I could go look for him if you want."

”I was just about to suggest that. It sounds to me like he’s got himself broken apart again, so see if you can herd him in here and get him to re-form. Oh, and try not to get yourself attacked by wild penguins or anything. I don’t like having to fight birds for my looting.”

Reinier chuckled, wondering if Nighthand knew he really did have ravenous penguins after him. "Aye aye captain. I'll be back soon." He grabbed a nearby vase and stood up. He left the hideout after saluting Nighthand. He dumped the flowers and water out of the vase, and walked down the street and found himself at the bridge, where all the mini-Lighteria’s gathered. Reinier sighed, and got to work on collecting the little blue orbs, Zelda style.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~Beep~Beep~Beep~Beep~

The steady beep and hum of the machine hooked up to the boy echoed in the small room. A doctor looking puzzled at his charts, as he flipped the paper back and forth while reading, stood over the bed. A single comatose boy lay in bed, breathing normally as an I.V. fed in to his veins. “Honestly, I’ve never seen something like this before. I really don’t know what to do with him.”

“What do you mean ‘do with him?’ Last I checked, he’s a living person, not an object.” The woman said, beaming at the doctor. The woman clung to a man, who just look dumbstruck at the boy. He sighed, and looked to the woman, then to the doctor. “What can we do with Garrett? He’s been like this for a bit… too long… What are our options?” The man asked with a sigh.

“It’s painfully simple actually. You could a) pull the plug and see what happens, or b) waste our time and your money on him to lay here and mooch off our life support systems. It’s up to you really.” The woman growled and stormed out of the room in tears. Anger and extreme sorrow overcame her, and she couldn’t bare to look at the doctor. “As horrible as that statement was, I think we’ll leave him on the system for awhile. Honestly, if you weren’t the doctor, I would have thrown you out of that window.”

And with that said, the man left the room, punching the door on the way out, leaving a dent in the metal door. The doctor sighed and tossed the chart in to its’ holster in front of the bed. He looked down at the boy laying in the bed and sighed. “What kind of hells are you in right now, I wonder… Oh well, another one lost, never to be found I suppose,” the doctor said with a sigh. He walked out of the room, closing the door and turning off the lights.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Reinier jumped up with the vase, catching the last of the orbs in the vase in his Zelda like fashion. He held his hand over the jar, and began walking back towards the hideout. He sighed, wondering what his family and friends were doing.

I wonder if they even care… I wonder if they’ve even noticed I’m gone… I can see it now, “Where’s Garrett? He’s been gone for a few days.” “Hell if I know, he’s probably in his room sleeping or shooting up heroine while smacking crack whores.” God my family loves me… Oh well… I’ve got a new “family” parse… And it’s way more dysfunctional then I could have ever imagined…

Reinier arrived at the hideout, and slowly entered. “The knight in shining armor hath returneth witheth the fairy, does thou get a kisseth from the Gingi?” Reinier said in a very smart-assy tone, walking towards his seat. What he didn’t know, however, is that when many Lighteria orbs were gathered in one place for too long, they become one big Lighteria. Lighteria reformed, shattering the vase. Light landed on the ground in front of Reinier, making him chuckle a bit.

“Sorry Light… I didn’t know that would have happened… I would have caught you if I did…

In the background, Reinier could hear Nighthand sigh and say, “Damnit, there goes another perfectly good vase. I actually liked that one, jeez... Can you people ever not break something?”

“Apparently not… we’re just one big happy family…” Reinier muttered.

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:44 am

More? Can't.. think... hard to... can't... so... confused...

Kit stays perched on one of the many short pillars lining the Mac Anu waterways. She looks on concerned that he can't reform into his player state.

Mew mew meow mew meow mew mew... Mew meow meow mew mew mwe! (He has to practice getting control... He's going to hold everyone up!)

With worried expression (for a cat), Kit leaps around the orbs trying to get them close together. Lighteria, in the mean time, floats around semi randomly. A few people on the bridge blink as the orbs, by nature, waft towards them and boost their water element. The others, instead of floating around randomly like the darkness aura did, flow in almost a beautiful circular pattern, like a whirlpool set on 'gentle spin'. Kit shakes her head, knowing it'll be almost impossible for him to regain control of himself. ....That's when Reinier shows up.

The orbs, as they're put into the vase, naturally move to fill in the gaps of element boosting, thus they float towards the player as he captures more and more of them. One orb, the one Lighteria is trying to consentrate on, floats around his head, wishing he could communicate in this form.

I recognize this energy! He's trapped in The World... it must be someone from the hideout!! HEY!! HEY!! I need help!!!

Before he can communicate ANYthing though, the orb is trapped in the vase along with the others. After that, it's a simple matter of going up to the orbs boosting people. Kit runs over to Reinier and mews trying to explain what's going on, but no luck. Lighteria though, slow realizes his predicament.

I think the orbs are getting closer together... If I consentrate hard enough, I think I can pull every last one of them back together again! Come on Lighteria, you can do it... I just.. have to expand my thoughts to reach every orb while I concentrate on one thought.... reformation... come on... expand.. conciousness.. thought's... drifting... apart... drifting... seperate... alone... thoughts... gone... others... reform... reform... reform.. reform....

<Reformation reaches level 2>

There's a sudden burst of light from within the vase. *SMASH* Lighteria, whole again, blinks and falls to the floor, landing on his butt. Porcilain scattered everywhere.

"AH!!" He suddenly yelps out, breathing deeply, trying to get used to having lungs again. "Wha- what the-? How did-?" He looks around wating everyone staring at him. Kit tilts her head a little, watching him from nearby.

"Er..." He blushes, getting up, dusting ceramic bits from his shoulders. "S-sorry, I'm late..." He says timidly, trying to hide a blush. "So.. uh... what's this thing I'll be happy about?"

"Apparently we're going to a field you know to get some rare items and such." Someone pipes up in response. Lighteria blinks in surprise

"One I know?" He twiddles his thumbs a little. "Gee... uh.. well I... guess I can be a lot of help then, huh?" He says forcing himself to smile to reassure everyone.

Nighthand
Master of Games

Post by Nighthand » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:11 am

”Yes, Lighteria, you should be of help; since it IS your field we’re visiting. What were those keywords you mentioned?” Nighthand looked over his parchment, finding the needed phrase. ”Lightless Eternal Abyss? Sound important?”

Lighteria blinked, physically taken aback for a moment. "Light.. Lightless Eternal Abyss?!" He said both surprised and worriedly. "O-Of course it's important! That's last place that..." He trails off, suddenly not wanting to reveal something. "...Why there? What's there?"

”You know what’s there, don’t you? A gift from a friend?” He held up his parchment. ”It’s all right here. All that Nall knew, that is. And we are going to help you retrieve it.”

Lighteria's mouth hung open for a second, thoughts obviously racing. "The gift..." A small smile formed on his face, quickly turned into a nearly angry smirk. "So Nall wasn't lying..." He shook his head, coming out of his daze and quickly getting excited. "That's where it is?! Really??”

”I’m glad you’re so enthusiastic about it… And we will be off, soon. However, I have a hunch we may want to wait another few moments.”

Why do you feel the need to hold back?
Well, Lakely already showed up, who knows who else may? I sent that flashmail to everyone who’d been with us, not just those who are with us now.
I see.

Nighthand waited, pondering what lay ahead of them. It shouldn’t be hard, the field in question being simply a level 4 ice. It should be a simple matter to go in, find this gift for Lighteria, and get out. Hopefully fast enough that the hackers wouldn’t even know they were there.

At his thought of the hackers, Nayru flew in the door. The little rat-bird-thing had been flying in and out, anxiety plan on its tiny features. It flew up to Nighthand, since he was acting as leader for the time, and spoke quietly, something uncharacteristic for him.

”Nighthand, I can’t find Nall anywhere! He’s not in the town!
“I know. I met him, he said he went off to recuperate. He looked pretty damn messed up, too.”
”That fool, he’d going to get himself killed without me!”
“Somehow, I think he’d get killed with OR without you. Either way, I think he’d rather have you keeping and eye on us. He can come back, but if he loses all of us, he’s screwed.”

Nayru hovered, thinking for a moment. Finally, it nodded and flew towards the rafters, where it perched and sat to wait.

”We’ll wait here another few minutes… If any of you want to visit the shops, now’s your chance. I’ll wait at the gate for you all to arrive.”

Just then, there was a loud rustling, as if large wings folding up, outside the hideout. The door opened, and Tirath stumbled in. He took a few steps and collapsed on a couch. He didn’t look severely injured, just exhausted. Nighthand stood and joined Tirath near the couch.

”Howdy Tirath, glad you could join us. You look tired.” he said.

Tirath looked up and with a confident smirk responded. "I am a little tired, but I'm well enough that I might still be of some help to you guys. Where are you guys heading off to?"

”Lightless Eternal Abyss, it’s a level four Ice field. We’re helping a few of our new members with a promise Nall made, and forgot.”

"Yes... There do seem to be a number of new faces here... I'm all for helping the new member and with a field of that level... Maybe you can help me catch up on what's happened while I was gone..."

”Alright, where to start… what happened right before you left?”

"We were crossing the bridge... I knew that following Hijinx would lead to something crazy... I suddenly felt like I was being pulled at... and the next thing I knew I was in the middle of a black room. One that existed somewhere between Hijinx's world and our own... What happened there I don't think I have time to explain, let it suffice to say that something changed in me... I was given a chance to leave this world, but..." Tirath paused for a second and with a quick laugh continued. "Anyway... I was thrown back into Hijinx's world... and became lost in the library... It's taken me a while, but I finally found a way back to here... and it wasn't easy to do..."

Ah… Well, not too much has happened. Fought a new hacker, Xenobia… She killed us all, but a pair of Nall’s friends, Raine and Sheena, saved us. We went off to a hot springs field to relax, but were ambushed by another new hacker, Ruguderoll, who turned into a big demon named Raikiri, who almost killed us, until Royce appeared and made him stop. Now, we’re hoping they’re off somewhere same as Nall is, and I’m taking these guys off to do some item hunting.”

"Some item hunting might be just what I need... Being trapped in a world created by Hijinx is exhausting." Tirath smiled to himself. "Aside from that, I'm interested in seeing what these new guys are capable of."

”They’re pretty good, I must say… Though this one guy, Reinier, he’s pretty horrid.” Nighthand grinned as Reinier, who was only a few feet away, muttered a comeback. "Psssh, if I'm horrid, then you obviously haven't been watching Hac doing whatever the hell he does on the battlefield..."

Nighthand stood, and got everyone’s attention. ”Everyone, to the chaos gate!” Nighthand reached a hand down to Tirath, offering help up.

Tirath stood with Nighthand’s help and a quick "thanks". As he headed to the door he called to Tutong. The Roc, now returned to his smaller form flew over and perched on his shoulder. Again he smiled. "Ok then. Off we go"

The group made their way to the Chaos Gate. Once there, Nighthand called out the keywords.

”Lightless Eternal Abyss!”

The rings descended over them all, and soon they stood on the icy plain.

”Hello!” Rang out a yell.

The field was… Different. They stood gathered on a stage, fenced in on all sides save one. There, stood a tall, skinny, impish-looking goblin dressed in a pinstripe suit. It bowed.

“Welcome to the Beastmaster Championship! I trust you all have your beasts on hand, yes yes? GOOD! Now, let us be off!”

The goblin strode off towards what appeared to be a giant ice castle fifty yards or so away. Strung above its entrance was a banner with “Beastmaster Championship” written across it. It reached the entrance, turned, and waited for them. Nighthand turned to Lighteria, about to ask if this was how the field looked before, but his stunned expression answered him well enough.

”Well guys, we may as well go on.” Nighthand said. Shard left his hiding form, and Nighthand hopped on the Cerberus’s back and rode up next to the goblin.

”So, explain what this is all about?”

“Gladly! You will all be divided according to class, and sent into Beast Castle! Isn’t that exciting? You will wait in the waiting room, and your beasts will go in! It’s a challenge for them! At stake are some very rewarding rewards! You’ll have fun, excitement, prizes!”

”Alright, is this some kind of admin event? And when will you split us up?”

“Yup! Administrator Sazl’em set up this event! As for dividing you, right now!”

The pinstripe goblin began sorting through the group, gesturing to one side or the other. Soon, he had two groups. They were also decidedly uneven. Ryok, Reinier, and Hacorie were on one side, their respective pets next to them. Everyone else was on the other side.

"Wait... excuse me, um, sir... I believe you set me with the remedial group..." Reinier piped up. "I should be over there" He gestured to the other group. "The group that won't be horribly slaughtered without mercy, excetera excetera."

“Nope, my detections are never wrong! We have something SPECIAL prepared for you three!”

"Son ofva bitch... I'm going to die, but nooo, not with the fun group... I'm dying with the boy who can't hold his water and... well... Ryok..."

“Oh, YOU won’t be going anywhere. Your beast, Taimat, will!”

"Why are you taking away dumbass...? I'm starting to like his company a bit... What's gonna happen to us, the players, then?"

“You’ll wait here! This is, after all, the Beastmaster Championship!”

"Oh great, it's a pokemon event... So all the players stay here and live it up while our pets are brutally slaughtered...? Works for me."

The goblin turned to them all, and gestured to a series of couches along the walls.

“Each couch has a monitor for you to watch your beast with! Those of you who can, giving orders to your beast is perfectly fine! When you are ready, send your beast through its door!”

Behind each of the groups, the wall shimmered. Shard, at Nighthand’s subvocal command, stepped through it like it was nothing. The players, however, couldn’t penetrate the ice. Nighthand walked over to a couch, sat, and turned the monitor on. Displayed clearly on the screen was a view of Shard, in a cubical room large enough to hold everyone easily.

”We may as well go along with this, guys. Let’s get it over with, and who knows, we might get something good out of it.”

(OOC: Alrighty. Once everyone is caught up, and their pet is through the proper door, We can get it on.)

Reinier
Awakened Player

Post by Reinier » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:55 am

Reinier could hear a scream coming from Lighteria as he plummeted to the ground from his mini porcelain prison. He turned around and wandered back to a nice comfy sofa, and plopped down as the stuttering Lighteria tried to explain himself. He looked over to Nighthand who began to speak, which seemed to be something he excelled at. “Yes, Lighteria, you should be of help; since it IS your field we’re visiting. What were those keywords you mentioned?” Nighthand looked over a small piece of paper, which seemed to have some doodles on the back. No doubt he got the paper from Nall. “Lightless Eternal Abyss? Sound important?”

In a squeaky squeal, Lighteria asked, “Light… Lightless Eternal Abyss?!… O-Of course it's important! That's last place that…” He began to trail off and mutter softly to himself. Reinier sat on the couch watching the drama unfold, sighing to himself. He really didn’t care where they went as long as they got to fight an endless swarm of monsters with minimal pain, and they didn’t come in hacker form.

“You know what’s there, don’t you? A gift from a friend?” Nighthand waved the paper around, as if giving off a “Notice me damnit! Please! I’m here with paper! I’m important ‘cus Nall’s not here!!” He began speaking once more, “It’s all right here. All that Nall knew, that is. And we are going to help you retrieve it.” Reinier gave off a sigh.

Oh my god, we’re going off Nall’s word? The guy who put us in a coma? The guy who has to recuperate every ten minutes? I mean Jesus, does he have a prostate the size of a mole or something? I’d barely trust Nighthand’s word, let alone Nall’s…

“So Nall wasn’t lying…” Lighteria muttered. “That's where it is?! Really??” Lighteria squealed.

He seems excited about going to this place. This “gift” he keeps babbling about must be pretty damn important…

Maybe it’s a midget hooker in a cupcake.

“I’m glad you’re so enthusiastic about it… And we will be off, soon. However, I have a hunch we may want to wait another few moments,” Nighthand said, finally shutting up. Reinier yawned and looked around at the sea of bored faces. Reinier could go for one of two quests at this point; one would be where they went to a nice little grass field and slept, and two would be where they went to pillage and rape the lands of the lambda server. Reinier sighed, knowing neither of those quests would pan out.

At the point of dozing off, cat-bird-rat-hybrid thing known as Nayru flew in and out of the room, and flew up to Nighthand. They began talking softly to each other, but something seemed odd about this. Nayru’s loud, annoying, screech of a voice could barely be heard. Nayru hovered, then flew off once more. Nighthand turned to the group and announced, “We’ll wait here another few minutes… If any of you want to visit the shops, now’s your chance. I’ll wait at the gate for you all to arrive.”

Sit here and be bored… force myself to get up and look at stuff I can’t afford or use… decisions decisions…

That’s when a new face arrived. It sounded like a pigeon hit the door, as there was ruffling wings outside of the hideout. A Blademaster wandered in to the hideout and plopped down on the couch, looking dead tired. “Howdy Tirath, glad you could join us. You look tired,” said Nighthand to the Blademaster. Obviously he had to be a comatose player like the others. Reinier yawned and scooted down in to the couch, knowing there would be a long and boring reunion of friends.

Reinier began to doze off, and had bordered the lines of entering a nice dreamland adventure. That’s when asshole Nighthand piped in a smart-ass comment like always, “They’re pretty good, I must say… Though this one guy, Reinier, he’s pretty horrid.” Reinier’s eyes shot opened and he beamed over to Nighthand and Tirath.

“Psssh, if I'm horrid, then you obviously haven't been watching Hac doing whatever the hell he does on the battlefield…” Reinier muttered. Nighthand, not hearing Reinier’s comment, stood and called out for everyone to go to the Chaos Gate. Reinier gave a soft “Baaaah…” and stood. He made sure he had his sword, all his armor was in check, and his dragon was still attached to his back. All seemed to be in check, so he followed the group as they were herded to the Chaos Gate.

“Fearless Leader,” also known as Nighthand, called out the keywords. “Lightless Eternal Abyss!” Three golden rings fell over each member of the group, warping them to the field. Reinier stood along with the rest of the group, immediately noticing the icy chill of the field. He shivered a bit and looked around at the rest of the group who seemed to be fine. He sighed and wondered what the first move would be.

“Hello!” echoed throughout the field. Reinier looked around and noticed something odd about the field. They were surrounded by walls, and they stood atop a stage of some sorts. A tall, lankly imp creature stood in front of the group and announced, “Welcome to the Beastmaster Championship! I trust you all have your beasts on hand, yes yes? GOOD! Now, let us be off!”

Beastmaster Championship? Sounds like work.

Last I checked you were a scrawny meaty human. Definitely not a beast.

The smart-ass dragon came off of Reinier’s back, and stood next to his master. By this time, the imp had strode across the field and made its’ way to an ice castle, and hanging across the top of the entrance the words “Beastmaster Championship” hung gallantly. Reinier hopped on his pet’s back and looked down at Nighthand, awaiting the plans for what they would do from here. “Well guys, we may as well go on,” he said. The dragon rode along side of Shard, Nighthand’s beast. They soon arrived at the entrance, from which point Nighthand interrogated the imp. “So, explain what this is all about?”

“Gladly! You will all be divided according to class, and sent into Beast Castle! Isn’t that exciting? You will wait in the waiting room, and your beasts will go in! It’s a challenge for them! At stake are some very rewarding rewards! You’ll have fun, excitement, prizes!”

What the hell? Divided? But… I hope I’m not stuck with Hac or Ryok… it’s so weird trying to have a conversation with those two…

Think that’s bad? I’m gonna have to do work. Do you even know how lazy I am? You should, seeing as how you’re my lazy ass “master.” I’m VERY lazy. And if I’m stuck fighting in some little tournament for your fun and entertainment, so help me god you will not live to see another day.

Jeez, you really hate doing stuff…

“Yup! Administrator Sazl’em set up this event! As for dividing you, right now!” The imp said, replying to another one of Nighthand’s questions that Reinier wasn’t paying attention to. The impish creature divided the group in to two factions; the good group, and the not so good group. Sadly, Reinier had been stuck in the not so good group.

Hell no, hell no, HELL NO! I’M NOT STUCK WITH RYOK AND HAC!

Not wanting to sound too pushy, Reinier called out to the imp, “Wait... excuse me, um, sir... I believe you set me with the remedial group... I should be over there,” He pointed at the other group, the one that would most likely win this little tournament. “The group that won't be horribly slaughtered without mercy, etcetera etcetera.” He gulped, hoping the imp didn’t have the power to change his eyes with cherries, replace his blood with acid, give him a nasty paper cut, and set him ablaze.

“Nope, my detections are never wrong! We have something SPECIAL prepared for you three!” He yelled with a grin.

Damn, damn, daaaaaaamn! WHHHHHHHY!?!

“Son ofva bitch... I'm going to die, but nooo, not with the fun group... I'm dying with the boy who can't hold his water and... well... Ryok…” Reinier muttered.

“Oh, YOU won’t be going anywhere. Your beast, Taimat, will!” The imp yelled.

HELL NO! I AM NOT DOING WORK FOR YOU!

Shut up and let the adults talk.

“Why are you taking away dumb-ass...? I'm starting to like his company a bit... What's gonna happen to us, the players, then?”

“You’ll wait here! This is, after all, the Beastmaster Championship!”

“Oh great, it's a pokemon event... So all the players stay here and live it up while our pets are brutally slaughtered...? Works for me.”

I hate you, you’re going to die. I’m going to claw out your eyes now, scream if you want.

If you don’t attack me there’s ice cream in it for you after this.

I hate ice cream and you know it.

The goblin turned and slowly gave the slowly “OOooo-Ahhhhhh” wave towards the couches. “Each couch has a monitor for you to watch your beast with! Those of you who can, giving orders to your beast is perfectly fine! When you are ready, send your beast through its door!”

I swear to god, if there isn’t couches where I’m going, you’re dying. Slowly. Slowly and painfully, I might add. When we’re done with this, I’m going to hang you upside down from your knee, skin you alive, dehydrate the skin, and use it to build a fire to roast you alive over it. It’ll be bad, VERY painful.

Frrrreeeeeaaaaak…

Reinier hopped down off his dragon and shooed him off to do whatever. He walked over and plopped down next to Nighthand on the super-cool and soft couch. “We may as well go along with this, guys. Let’s get it over with, and who knows, we might get something good out of it,” Nighthand announced to the group.

Reinier looked over to Nighthand. “Psssst! Hey Night... I say we have our pets have a truce... have Shard and Taimat kill everything together, then in the end they'll duke it out... whatta say? It'll be the shit. Probably very entertaining too."

“How about instead, Shard tears you limb from limb, and goes on with our little shindig here, allowing me time to loot your corpse, AND steal whatever item you may have won from this goblin-thing?”

Why does he hate me so…?

Everyone hates you, shut up stupid. I hate constantly hearing your thoughts, if one could even consider them thoughts.

“Why do you hate me so much? I offer a perfectly fine deal... and you go rambling on about how you're gonna loot me... Fine, Taimat'll rip out, claw, and eat Shard's eyes. Then I'll loot your corpse and steal whatever you have. Probably nothing you bastard…”

“Shard would win. Ever wonder what benefits three minds lend? Think three spells at once, and you may get an idea.”

Ohhh look at me, I’m Nighthand, notice me ‘cus I’m a fucking scitzo with thirty split personalities! I may not be able to control my powers, but I make up in that with personalities! Naynaynaynah!

Reinier gave a grumble, and said to Nighthand, “Whatever... should we really be doing this? Fucking Ragdoll/Xenobia/Royce will show up, have sex with you, kill you, loot you twice, then kill the rest of us... I don't wanna die again.”

“Yes, we should be doing this. If a hacker shows up, I doubt it'd be one of the ones you've seen before. They like to rotate shifts, it seems,” Nighthand said. He seemed lost in in thought for a moment, probably thinking of him and Xenobia or Royce “having fun.” “Anyways. They can't loot a ghost, now can they?”

Crap, more of them? I hate those guys with a passion… I wonder if this thing has cable…

WAIT! YOU’RE GONNA IGNORE MY BLIGHT, WHERE I’M FIGHTING TO THE DEATH FOR RERUNS OF “BOY MEETS WORLD!?!” I hate you with a passion.

Reinier ignored his pet, and began flipping channels on his T.V. He watched as someone seemed to be sky diving. His parachute didn’t open, so he tried for the secondary chute. It opened just in time to send him in to some high voltage power lines. The announcer decided to chime in at this point, saying, “¡Gente santas de mierda! ¿Vio usted eso? ¡Adivino que usted puede decir que él no estará teniendo muchos niños ya! ¡Yo no cuido quién usted es, eso es chistoso!” Reinier blinked, wondering what he said.

I should have paid more attention in Spanish class…

"That's it, boy dun got penguins AND Mexicans after him…” Nighthand muttered with a chuckle. Reinier changed the channel back to the Beast Championship channel. Taimat stood next to his two companions, waiting for the thing to start.

Was that the one where Topanga gives her first BJ?

What the hell are you talking about?

Nothing, just alert me if someone’s sneaking up on me.