Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Beastmaster Championship: Lighteria and Lakely

Post by Nighthand » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:30 am

Nighthand watched curiously as Lighteria shouted at something on his monitor, and stormed off. The heavyblade was more interested in what was going on in his own room, rather than in the room Shard and the others were in. He had confidence in his companion, he could take care of himself.

Something seemed off about the whole deal, though... An event springing up for something they alone had... A goblin NPC that seemed somehow familiar... An Admin he'd never heard of...

Who was this Sazl'em, anyways?

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:38 am

Just stay in a safe spot Kit... I'll be there soon... ...er.. wherever you are.

...Crap. Come to think of it I don't actually know where she ended up. But if she's not in the arena she has to be in the dungeon, right? That's the only thing that makes sense. ...And even more than that... I just have a feeling she's this way. ...Kinda feels like when a freind is nearby. You just get this weird feeling like they're nearby... hard to explain really. ...Dang, I'm glad no one can read my mind, I'd sound like a raving lunatic.

The twinblade suddenly gasps, his body suddenly flickering with light. He stumbles to a halt and grips his chest, falling to is knees. A strange feeling enveloping his whole body, threatening to burst his chest open.

Agggh!! What.. is this?! It feels like something's ripping my body apart... ...is.. is it my aura form?

For a moment, his entire body pulsates light, his muscles tightening and his chest bulging. He gasps out in pain and clutches his chest harders as it bulges and warps behind his hands. Soon, his hands too start warping and he can no longer hold back. "Ugggh!!" He groans out, falling to his back from the force as thousands of light points escape from his chest. He blinks and looks to his chest, seeing no part of himself dissipate and no pain anymore.

Guess it hurt because I was holding it back... oy.

He shakes his head and gets up from the floor, watching the light points float in front of him, slowly forming together. The twinblade blinks, trying to make out the seemlingly formless shapes they're making. After a few moments, voices start to echo through the hallway.

"Man..." A meek voice sounds through the hallway. "I'm soaked... I hope my amateur blades don't rust or something..." Lighteria blinks, watching the light points slowly form into a perfect copy of himself, shaking its head and flinging the melted snow from its hair.

"Oh my god..." Lighteria says. "That's me..."

"Hey, watch it." Another voice calls out. It chuckles as a few water droplets splash on the slowly forming heavyblade. "Yeah, this field really has it in for us... I've never seen such a bad storm in..." The voice trails off as his elven ears perk up.

The fake Lighteria looks up to the heavybade. "Um... Something wrong?" He asks, looking at fully formed heavyblade as the hiss eyes dart around the room. Looking curious, the fake Lighteria looks around the room as well, the real Lighteria also finds himself looking around out of habit. The steps leading down into the dungeon slowly warp in appearence, appearing to be covered in snow, the stone floor suddenly starts to give off a chilling blue glow, the walls suddenly have pillars lined up from door to door. The dungeon slowly morphs into it's old state.

"Looks like a pretty standard dungeon... I wonder what's wrong..."

The real Lighteria blushes, hearing his old thoughts given sound to be heard as plain as day.

"Never mind... it was probably nothing." The heavyblade says, shrugging and letting its ears relax. The fake Lighteria shrugs and the two of them slowly walk towards the next doorway. As they move, the lightpoints seemingly vanish and the dungeon returns to its present state. Lighteria takes a deep breath, clearly shaken up.

"I didn't... I didn't do that... Is someone controling my powers?" He looks to his hand, slowly getting pensive about the visions. His thoughts trace back to the heavyblade "That was... Squall... Is his gift... here?" He looks up to the door and rushes through it, suddenly remembering he's trying to save Kit.

Gah... I don't have time to waste here...

He blinks as he enters the next room, four cadet valkryies staring him down, growling darkly. He laughs nervously and grabs his blades. "Heh... guess that figures..."
Lv. 37 Twin Blade (180 SP)
Weapon: Rashou (Thunder Coil- 30, Suvi Lei- 20, Mumyn Lei- 30) (Life Drain)
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)
GP: 14384

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

Lighteria: "Obsessively updating my profile since Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm"

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:28 am

So how are things going on your end?

I’ve followed him into the dungeon and I’m chasing after him. I’ll contact you if I need something, don’t hesitate to do the same.

Lakely follows in close, yet rather distant, pursuit of the twinblader. Lighteria suddenly gasps out loud and stops in place. Holding his chest he falls to his knees and seconds later light emits from his body. Appearing helpless on the ground he begins to gasp out loudly in pain. “Lighteria! Hold on! I’m coming to help you!” Lakely screamed out as loud as he could and began to run after him until the twinblader fell onto his back as millions of small lights jumped outward from his chest. Lakely stood, stunned at what he had seen. He had seen him in his aura form once at the hideout, but he had never seen anything like that happen so far.

Lighteria shook his head, rose to his feet, and stood watching as the lights flew away from him and began to take form. From quite a few feet in front of him, Lakely hears a quiet voice ringing out through the hall. “Man... I'm soaked... I hope my amateur blades don't rust or something..."

Who’s that? Are the people behind this already springing the trap on us?

"Oh my god..." Lighteria says. "That's me..."

What!?

Another voice cuts through the silence of the room where Lighteria stands, and Lakely stands at least ten or fifteen feet behind him, “Hey, watch it.” The voice continues to speak, though inaudible to Lakely as all the sound from the room is drowned out by the sound of his Guardian. What’s going on? I can sense you’re confused

Well, I didn’t know at first but thanks to you I just missed what was most likely a very important part of a conversation between an unknown person and what seems to be another Lighteria.

Another Lighteria? What do you mean by that? Another one of the reflections like the one of me?

I’m not sure yet, but it seems everything faded away. Lighteria’s walking towards the door, I better follow him before it closes. Fill me in on what you’re up to later.

Lakely runs after the advancing twinblader as he enters the door into the next room. The doorway grows thinner and thinner by the second as the door slowly closes. The heavyblader dives toward the opening, hoping to make it inside of the room to help Lighteria out with whatever lies in the room. The heavyblader hits the ground hard and slides into the crack of the door, barely making it in. He stands and sees four Cadet Valkyries staring at the twinblader in front of him. The timid Lighteria laughs a little and says to himself, "Heh... guess that figures..."

Reaching behind him he grasps the handle of his Horse-Killer blade and runs up beside Lighteria. “Hey! I couldn’t let a fellow Vanguard face what could be a trap all by himself. So, I’m here to help! Let’s get ‘em! I’ll get these two and you handle those ones!”

Lakely nodded as he stepped to the right and quickly attempted to gain the attention of the two Cadet Valkyries he had chosen for himself by picking up two rocks off the ground and throwing one at each Valkyrie. Growling as loudly as they could, the two monsters charged toward the heavyblader. Swinging furiously, both monsters aim their spears at different parts of Lakely’s body, one aims high while the other aims low. Rather than taking a hit from one, while blocking the other, Lakely uses his blade to stop the attack from below and ducks to avoid the attack from above.

Quickly rebounding from previous motion, he jumps up to his feet and spins around while holding on to the handle of his blade. The end of the Horse-Killer flies through the air and smashes into one, and then both of the Cadet Valkyries, sending them flying across the room and cutting deeply through the armor on their chests. The monsters fell to the ground and slid across the floor. The heavyblader moved toward them and swung his blade as they were picking themselves up. The blade crashed down onto the spine of one of the monsters, pinning it on the ground while the other one still struggled to stand. Lakely pushed the blade down more to help keep it in place and spun around to kick the other Valkyrie back down to the ground. The two Valkyries lay helpless on the floor, being in such a low level field meant that the monsters were also of low level, so the heavyblader, knowing victory was to be easily obtained, placed the tip of the blade on the monster’s armor and lifted it slowly up.

With a fraction of his strength, he thrusted the tip of the blade through both the armor and the monster. Shifting from being of many colors to completely monochrome within seconds, the monster exploded and strands of data floated up into the air and vanished. Pulling his blade from the ground, Lakely slowly turns around to find and finish the other monster only to find a spear being thrust toward him. In a hurry to avoid having the tip pierce his eyes he raises up his left arm to attempt to deflect the strike, though the spear does not comply with the attempt. Instead, the tip pierces through his low leveled armor and cuts a two or three inch long gash into his arm. “Sonnuva! Flippin’ A, that hurt!”

Pulling the spear tip from his arm he grabs the pole of the weapon and throws the spear across the room. Picking up his blade with his right arm he lifts it and brings it down onto the spearless Cadet Valkyrie. The tip of the Horse-Killer collides with the monster’s frontal armor and while cutting it and the monster, sends the beast flying into a nearby wall. Within seconds the Valkyrie turns grey and blends in with the wall before exploding into useless data. “Gah! That kinda hurt, but I won’t waste any kind of healing on such a small injury.” Seeing Lighteria finish up his battle, he calls out to the twinblader, “So, now that we’re both together, what do you suppose we do? I saw Kit enter her mirror and you run out of the room, so I assume you’re looking for her. I sent Vasuki into Kit’s mirror to look for her too. Any ideas on what to do next?”

THIS SIG NEEDS TO BE UPDATED

Name: Lakely

Lvl 23 Heavy Blade (110 SP)

9,000 GP

Equipment: Life Sword, Face Guard, Wrist Band, Noble Cloak, Safety Shoes

Skills: Gan Smash, Death Bringer, Rue Zot, Juk Rom, Ol Repth, Ap Ruem

Spare Equipment: Light Giver, Absorber, Horse-Killer

Guardian: Vasuki the Naga King (Lv. 9)

Golden Orb is: A bit more intense.

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:15 am

Lighteria takes a breath and draws his Slayers from his belt, sinking down into a ready position, pondering his battle strategy.

Ok, they're low level but there's 4 of them... I'd better concentrate on one at a ti-

Lakely suddenly appears at his side, much to his surprise. “Hey! I couldn’t let a fellow Vanguard face what could be a trap all by himself. So, I’m here to help! Let’s get ‘em! I’ll get these two and you handle those ones!”

Lighteria's jaw remains open for a second is shock but he quickly recouperates and nods to the heavy blade with a grateful smile. "Thanks..." He says quietly, turning to the valkyries. With Lakely rushing head first in the midst of two of them, Lighteria decides to follow suit and rush straight for the other two. Both warriors instantly drop into their fighting stances as he rushes to them, knees bent, spear in both hands, pointing at the incoming player and a dark glare coming from behind the face masks of thier helmets. Lighteria takes a breath and leaps into the air towards the closest one, his blades out.

I've got rescue Kit. Get out of my way.

"Hwwwaah!" He yells out, his blades clashing with the tip of the valkyrie's spear. The monster reels for a moment from the superior strength. As the twinblade lands, his ankle jerks up wards and he plants a firm kick under the monster's chin. It yelps out and flies backwards, it's helmet flying off of its head, landing on the opposite side of the room (the helmet, not the head). It hits the ground hard and lies on its back for a second, not worried though because its friend is already rushing to attack the twinblade. Lighteria doesn't hear the footsteps until about a second before the monster attacks.

The spear head swipes past his shoulder, cutting a gash in his arm. He groans in pain for a second and swipes his Slayer at the monster. The monster tries to dodge to the side but the speed of the attack is far faster than what a mere level 4 dungeon monster can handle. The blade cuts up the center of the warrior's armor, tearing a gash in the metal and flesh. The monster steps backwards for a moment, only to have Lighteria jump directly at it. It tries to swing its spear to counter but Lighteria quickly gets in the monster's face, inside the range of the spearhead. In two seconds his blades cut the wrists of the monster completely off. The valkyrie screams out in pain until its shut up for good with the Slayer jamming through its throat.

"Hmpf..." Lighteria mutters, turning to the other one. It slowly rises from the ground, holding onto its spear for support. It's long black hair, now visible without a helmet, covering its face. Lighteria grips the hilts of his blades tightly and rushes towards the monster, intent on getting a clear stab at the head and ending this fight quickly. Before he does though, the monster lifts its head up and flings its hair back. Lighteria gasps and stares at the face.

"...Raven...?" He says to himself, coming to a halt. The monster suddenly leaps from its position and attacks. Lighteria blinks, totally off guard and stumbles backwards as light points fade from the monster's face, revealing it's normal appearence. The spear catches Lighteria in the gut, making him stumble backwards with a grunt. In an attempt to keep the pressure up, the valkyrie rushes forward and lifts its spear over its head to strike with its full force. Before it does, however, Lighteria makes a subtle flick of his wrist, sending his Slayer straight into the monster's forehead. The warrior stops dead in its tracks, literally, and twitches, blood trickling between its eyes, paralyzed from the blow. It starts to shake a little, feeling the life escape from it as Lighteria takes a breath and walks over to it.

"Mine." He says, yanking the blade from its head, not straight out, but up, cleaving through the top of its skull. The valkyrie keels over, very dead and vanishes. Lighteria sighs and puts his blades into his belt, rubbing his eyes.

Damn it... My auras are making me re-live memories.

As he thinks, Lakely call out to him, the corpses of his kills also vanishing. “So, now that we’re both together, what do you suppose we do? I saw Kit enter her mirror and you run out of the room, so I assume you’re looking for her. I sent Vasuki into Kit’s mirror to look for her too. Any ideas on what to do next?” Lighteria looks over and falls silent for a second, getting nervous.

"I... Honestly I'm um... going by instinct here..." He says, walking over, rather embarrased. "I..." He bows suddenly. "Sorry you got dragged into this. I meant to come alone, I just..." He looks to the door on the opposite wall. "Well, I just feel if I go forward, I'll find her..." He turns towards the door and heads over to it, motioning for Lakely to follow. "I'm uh... glad Vasuki's alright." He says, opening the door to the next room.

I remember what's next...

"Um..." He smiles nervously. "Hope this doesn't surprise you too much." He opens the door fully, revealing them to be at the top of a monumental, circular stairwell. The stairs are wide and travel in a large spiral circle towards the bottom. The bottom though, is so far down it simply fades into blackness when you stare over the side. The circular "hole" in the center is huge as well, a compliment to the staircase. The stairs all have old, torn red carpets in the center and guardrails along the sides. The guard rails are broken and worn at various intervals, also, if you look hard enough, sections of collapsed stairs and piles of stone can be seen along the stairs. Doors leading into rooms also dot the walls. Curiously there is a fancy, double door on the opposite end of the "floor" they're on right now. Lighteria rubs his arm and points.

"That's where we go." He says quietly, heading towards the opposite door.

Meanwhile....

Kit opens her eyes and blinks, finding herself in a room of pure white, seemingly no doors, walls or ceilings. She tilts her head a little and steps forward into the room, seeing a magic portal frozen in place, silent and immobile.

"Mew meow? (Where am I?)" She says, her voice echoing in the room. Afraid to activate a portal, being rather weak, she stays along the walls inspecting the white coloring.

Back at the top of the stairwell...

"Huh? It's shut?" A voice echoes in the darkness. Lighteria blinks, looking down at himself as light points emerge from his chest, forming an image of him and a mysterious heavyblade, standing at the door. The real Lighteria squints in pain, putting a hand to his chest in a feeble attempt to stop it, but the illusion forms despite his efforts.

The illusory Lighteria pushes lightly on the door; it makes a quiet noise as it scrapes along the ground and opens a little bit. "Hey, I think we can open it." After motioning the heavyblade over with his hand, the two of them push on the double doors. It take a few seconds of pushing before the door slowly starts to open, and the fake Lighteria looks up from his pushing stance and peers through the crack in the door. He squints as he sees the faint outline of a treasure chest and a floating statue. The twinblade's old thoughts suddenly sound out as though they were spoken.

"Is that the...? No way it can't be the Gott can-!"

Click* The fake Lighteria blinks hearing the faint noise coming from within the walls. "Did you hear that?" the heavyblade asks, looking around the room. Before Lighteria can answer, however, a loud rumble comes from the floor and a trap door opens up underneath the pair. The two yelp in unison as they feel the floor give way beneath their feet. The illusory Lighteria drops one of his amateur blades sending it clanging the down the hole and grabs onto one of the sides before he falls too far. The heavy blade reaches out for the side but can't quite grab a hold of it and plummets into the hole. In desperation he snags Lighteria's ankle, breaking the fall.

"Rrrrg... I wish I were heavyaxe right now... I could pull us up... rrg.. no problem..." The Illusory twinblade grunts out, trying desperately to get a better grip on the side. His fingers start to slip off as sweat beads start to form on his brow. After a few seconds of watching Lighteria struggle valiantly to keep them up, the heavy blade lets out a small, noble smile.

"Make sure you save something for me, Lighteria." He says, smirking. Lighteria looks down at him in confusion. "You know, from the Gott statue." He finishes. Lighteria's eyes widen as the heavyblade suddenly lets go of his ankle and falls down the hole.

"Squall!!!" Both Lighterias yell. With that, the illusion returns to light points and re-enter Lighteria. The trapdoor appears again, still triggered from so long ago and the door remains open just enough for a person to jump through. The real Lighteria blushes and hangs his head, trying to shake off the memories. He looks to Lakely for a second.

"I..." He shakes his head, knowing there's no good explination. "Sorry." He says, heading towards the trapdoor, sitting on the side, dangling his legs over it, looking as though he's in thought. "I think my aura's malfunctioning or something." He says, gripping the sides of the pit. "If you want to get the treasure now you can... but this" He points downward. "Is the way forward."
Armor: Holy Tree Mail (Juk Kruz- 20) - Scarab Earring (La Repth- 20, Rip Maen- 40) - Time Sandals (Ap Do- 15) - Forest Gloves (Juk Kruz- 20)

Wish list (In order of priority): Angel halo accessory, chibi angel wings, Bone Armor, Professional

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:01 am

With the battle being complete, the conversation lead on, "I... Honestly I'm um... going by instinct here... Sorry you got dragged into this, I meant to come alone, I just..." Lighteria bowed to Lakely in an apologetic fashion. “Well, I just feel if I go forward, I'll find her..." He turns towards the door and heads over to it, motioning for Lakely to follow. "I'm uh... glad Vasuki's alright." He says, opening the door to the next room.

Hehe...No need to apologize Light. I wouldn’t have come after you if I didn’t want to be here. I chose to follow you, and now I choose to help you find Kit and Vasuki. I pray they are alright.

The two enter the next room to what should probably be a direct staircase down to the next floor, and much to Lakely’s surprise, what should be a direct path has become a very large circular path moving downward toward an invisible end. Why does that not look like a good place for us to go? I’ve smelled something weird the whole time we’ve been in this field. I’m sure there’s a trap around here somewhere, and if there is it’s most likely down there in the big black circle hole thing. So are we going to be turning around now? The large room and staircase were very well decorated considering the weirdness of the room. Large red carpets draping down the stairway and guard rails following the path. Many doors are scattered about the path, lining the stairway in intervals. The path of course, leading to an aforementioned ‘black hole’ of sorts. Definitely one of the creepiest rooms Lakely had ever seen in “The World”

"That's where we go." The twinblader shrugs and walks toward the opposite door, leaving the heavyblader behind.

Of course that’s where we’re going...Why wouldn’t we go away from the ‘trap’ in a situation like this?

“Huh? It’s shut?” A solitary voice echoes throughout the room, bouncing off of every wall and growing in intensity rather than fading away. Lighteria looks down at his chest as lights emit from it again, taking form as the others did, though Lakely will actually be able to see this time. The image of Lighteria formed by the lights pushes on the door in front of them and speaks to an unknown heavyblader in the room with him, “Hey, I think...” The voice of the image suddenly is cut short in Lakely’s head as the rather annoying voice of Vasuki enters.

You’re worrying about something aren’t you?

Gah! You know exactly when to interrupt me don’t you? Again, I’m missing a conversation and happenings of the mirrored Lighteria and unknown warrior. Tell me that’s not all you wanted to say.

Oh, I apologize. I actually wanted to say that I’ve been here with Kit in a large white room with a single portal in it. I hadn’t remembered to tell you yet, so yeah...We’re here, and we’re stuck here with no exit.

You forgot to tell me? What do you mean you forgot? You forgot your whole reason for jumping in the mirror in the first place?

Well, yes. You needn’t worry too much though, there’s one single portal and we’re doing our best not to trigger it. Besides, it’s a level 4 field, what's the worst that could come out of that portal?

Yes, but if my suspicions are correct, there could be a trap somewhere and it seems that, given your circumstances, you could have been caught in one already. Anyways, Lighteria and I are looking for you two so do your best to stay safe and keep that portal closed until we get there. We’ll be there as soon as possible.

“Squall!!” Both Lighteria and his ‘mirrored image’ scream as the unknown heavyblader sacrifices himself to save the image. The image compresses and becomes the small lights again, re-entering the body of Lighteria. The screams become a sort of an alarm clock to bring Lakely back from his conversation with his Guardian to the dungeon. The door before them, lies open and a trap door lies in the floor. The twinblader walks toward the door, “Sorry.” Plopping down onto the floor he dangles his legs from the side of the trap door. “I think my aura’s malfunctioning or something.” He tightens his grip on the sides of the hole and points down, “If you want to get the treasure now you can... but this is the way forward.”

“Of course, I won’t go after the treasure now. I must follow you to ensure your safety. And there is no need to apologize. I made the choice to come. Leave it at that and know that if anyone should be apologizing, it’s me since you did intend to come alone.” Lakely moves toward Lighteria and sits down beside him, firmly grabbing the edge of the hole. “So like I was saying, I’m sorry that I insist on tagging along and helping you, but I’m also glad I did. Now, if you are ready, let’s go ahead and jump down there and try and find our pets. How’s that sound to you?”

9,000 GP

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:28 am

“Of course, I won’t go after the treasure now. I must follow you to ensure your safety. And there is no need to apologize. I made the choice to come. Leave it at that and know that if anyone should be apologizing, it’s me since you did intend to come alone.” Lakely moves toward Lighteria and sits down beside him, firmly grabbing the edge of the hole, much to the twinblade's surprise and slight nervousness. “So like I was saying, I’m sorry that I insist on tagging along and helping you, but I’m also glad I did. Now, if you are ready, let’s go ahead and jump down there and try and find our pets. How’s that sound to you?” Lighteria smiles and nods.

"Thank you. That sounds... perfect." He says quietly and gratefully.

"No way... We'll get that treasure as a team. ...besides, I can't open that door by myself even if I could climb out..."

Lighteria blushes again, hearing his old thoughts echo out loud again. For a moment the image of himself jumping down the pit to follow is projected from the light points. Lighteria shows probably his first ever slight fit of anger and waves his hand through the illusion, scattering the lights. "God that's annoying..." He says to himself, tightening his fist a little. Looking back to Lakely, he shrugs and shakes his head. "It's... a little tough from here on." He says, sliding off the side of the trapdoor, skidding down along the sides like a kid on a giant slide.

As the players reach the bottom, they're greeted with more of the same, the giant staircase still looms and the feel of tattered carpet still exists beneath their feet. Lighteria blinks for a moment and scratches his head.

That's funny... It didn't go down that far last time... did someone trip a switch or something.

For a few seconds the twinblade looks around, trying to get his bearings. He looks back to Lakely for a second, trying to gauge his reaction to the fall. Before that can even get started though, a strong, chilling gust of wind bursts up from the center of the stairwell. Lighteria gasps for a second, hearing distant stomping noises in the vast depths. His heart pounds for a second and he turns to Lakely, grabbing his hand with a surprising sense of urgency. "Hurry! This way!" He says, heading towards a set of double doors, half-dragging the heavy blade through the doors.

In the white room...

"Mew mew meow... (I need some milk...)"

*SLAM*

Kit leaps to her feet from the loud noise and looks to the wall as two doors appear and suddenly burst open. Lighteria and Lakely rush inside the room, the sudden switch from dimmly lit hallways to a pure white room a little tough on the eyes at first. Lighteria for one finds himself unable to focus his eyes enough to identify the gray blob leaping at him. He gasps as Kit lands on his chest and scrambles up to his shoulder, purring like a motorboat.

"Lighteria!! Mew meow mew mew! (Lighteria!! You came down here for me!)" Kit mews in joy, rubbing the back of her ear against his chin bone. Lighteria smiles and laughs softly for a second, scratching behind her ear.

"Sorry about that." He says to Kit, petting her head. "Guess the fight was a bad idea, huh?" He chuckles softly to himself and turns to Lakely, watching his own reuinion with Vasuki.

As with all celebrations, the joy of the reuinion soon ends and the group is faced with an interesting dillema. The path back up to the Gott is essentially blocked off since climbing or flying up such a slippery, narrow passageway is nigh impossible. Also, as with all dungeons, one must activate the portals to escape the room. This one, however, remains motionless and refuses to activate when a player gets within proximity. Lighteria scratches his head a little, pondering things until his chest starts to bulge again. He and Kit gasp as his aura re-activates to show the heavy blade's image again, next to the portal.

"Looks like they're not making it easy for us." The illusion says it he taps the portal with its finger. Upon touch the magic portal glows slightly and vanishes without a trace and the illusory figure fades away once again into Lighteria's body. However, it's soon clear that the illusion did more than simply show an old vision of the past. The portal, the actual portal, has dissapeared. Lighteria blinks and walks up to the remenants of the glyph, puzzling over it.

"...Maybe... the light points... counted as a player touching it." He says, waving his hand in the air where the portal used to be. As he does, there's a low rumble from the opposite wall. The group quickly turns to view the wall as it starts to crack and crumble, white mist seeping through the cracks in the rocks. Lighteria turns pale and gasps, rushing over to Lakely and Vasuki, his memory of this place returning to him even without the aid of his aura.

"DUCK!!!" He screams at them, following his own advice soon after. A second passes and the wall bursts apart, flinging rocks and dust in every direction. The cause? A gigantic white beam of light, radiating white mist, appearing from the newly formed hole, obviously having MADE the newly formed hole. The beam shoots across the room, sailing over Lighteria's head, freezing a small tuft of his hair to pure ice as it passes by. Finally the light blasts the opposite wall and slowly encases that section of the wall in a giant block of jagged ice, the cold substance forming wherever the mist radiates to. As the beam dies down, a pair of glistening fangs can be seen in the darkness and giant footsteps can be heard stomping off. The fangs and footsteps fade soon after, however, a snip-snap and a fiend menhir emerge from the ice wreckage of the wall where the beam had originated. Obviously not the party's day, the monsters quickly rush to do battle with the disoriented players.

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:52 am

The two players sat atop the gaping hole in the floor and stared down into it. The voice that is so similar to Lighteria’s fills the room and fades, leaving Lighteria slightly frustrated. Brushing it off, he looks to Lakely and as he pushes himself toward the edge he says softly, "It's... a little tough from here on." With that said he pushes off of the edge of the hole and falls in, sliding down the side of the hole.

Lakely watches the twinblader fall into the hole, skidding down against the walls. “Alright, let’s continue this then.” He says to himself as he too pushes himself off of the rocks and plummets down into the hole. This should be fun!

At the bottom of the hole, the room consisting of only a spiral staircase continues to lead downard. Lakely leans over the edge and looks down into the hole, That’s still a long ways down there. Where does it all lead to? No sooner than when the thought leaves his head, does a large gust of wind burst upward from the center followed by loud deep noises. Before Lakely can even think to look down into the center again, the twinblader grasps his hand and pulls him toward, and through, a large set of double doors. As the players enter the doors, they are surrounded by the bright reflectance of light off of the plain white walls of the room. Lakely stops and looks down at the floor to try and adjust his sight to the brightness in the room. Breathing a sigh of relief in discovery that he had not fully gone blind, he looks up to see Lighteria and Kit reunited once again. Kit’s here!!! Wait...then that means...Uh oh...Please don’t let hi– His thoughts cut short, Lakely lies on the floor after being trampled by his own personal Naga, with the aforementioned creature perched atop his chest and curling itself into circles on his armor.

Even though I heard what you said, I’m going to forget it since I’ve been in here for so long. I’ve kinda missed you a little bit so just remember later that if I get mad at you for some reason, that it may be what you just said coming back.

Haha...Oh well, you can get mad at me later for that. Right now, I’m just glad we found you two. Now what’s the deal with this monster portal?

"Looks like they're not making it easy for us." Lighteria’s voice with no vessel rings through the room, whilst Lighteria stands with his mouth closed with Kit. The voice was truly Lighteria’s, yet he was not speaking. The ‘reflection’ of Lighteria that had followed them throughout the dungeon again stood before them, with his hand reaching out to the portal Vasuki had earlier mentioned. As soon as the image finally touched the portal, both the portal and image faded away. The real Lighteria looked puzzled about the whole thing, "...Maybe... the light points... counted as a player touching it."

The portal and image were gone, all that stood in the desolate white room were Lighteria with Kit, and Lakely with Vasuki. Lighteria stood waving his hands where the portal had been, and his actions were suddenly brought to a halt as a rumble came from the walls. The whole room was shaking and a large crack formed in the wall from nowhere. Lakely stood watching as the crack grew, emitting a white mist in every which way. His view became obstructed by Lighteria as the twinblader ran towards him screaming for him to duck. Hastily taking his advice, he fell to the ground as a rather large beam of light broke through the crack and beamed all the way across the room, leaving a large block of ice in the far wall. Not knowing where he was, he spent the better part of two minutes trying to pick himself up after the crash. From the wall that shot forth the light, emerged a Snip-Snap and a Fiend Menhir. Remembering a quest he had with Lighteria long ago, he remembered that the Fiend Menhir could heal itself and its surrounding allies.

Still stumbling around the room, Lakely rose to his feet and squared up with the Menhir, preparing to battle the statue. Trying as best he may, he raised his sword up and hastily brought it back down in hopes of not only hitting the monster statue, but of perhaps cracking and breaking it as well. His Horse-Killer gently fell through the air toward the Menhir, but stopped a few feet short. Knowing he had missed, he pulled the blade back towards him and lunged forward at the monster with his sword extended. The tip of the blade cut cleanly through the air and toward the statue. As it drew nearer and nearer, the Menhir leapt up into the air and dodged the blade completely. Becoming quite flustered about his blade being down on the ground he planted his right foot and leaned to his left so that he could build some momentum. His speed coming through the spin he was performing was rather low to do quite a bit of damage, but the monster is many levels below the heavyblader. As he swings the blade around it collides into the statue and sends it into a nearby wall. With that, the Menhir performed his own spin and was surrounded by a bright green light. The light hit the statue and was absorbed into every small rock in the statue. “Alright, enough running about and healing yourself. It’s time to end this.” Planting his left foot, he pushes off of the ground with his right foot and begins a mid-air spin, while holding the blade. As the heavyblader fell, he continued to swing and having missed, he took one last stumble between checks and in a last chance effort, he fell forward and as he fell, the blade fell as well and crashed into the statue. The statue stopped in place and fell down to the ground. It again rose and spun around, while in the mean time began to fade into a monochromatic grey tone. The statue bounced one last time and fell onto its side. The broken streams of data that formed the Menhir exploded and spread about into “The World.” Lakely held onto his blade and looked towards Vasuki with amazement on his face. Woah! That flippin’ beam of light was awesome, know where I can buy one?”

No, I don’t. What do you think is going on? I’ve become quite confused with this whole thing. The reflection really confused me more than I had already done.

No, sorry Vasuki, I don’t Lakely gestured toward the twinblader in a relaxed fashion and looked around the room in a most confused, and slightly scared, manner, “So, anything else about this crack in the wall that might should be known?”

9,000 GP

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:07 pm

Lighteria shakes his head, trying to re-orient himself after the blast of ice. The cold chill was bad enough, but the sound of monsters wasn't going to help the matter either. Kit makes a quick recovery though, leaping off of his shoulder and hissing at the pair of foes. Lighteria hears the hissing and looks over to her, managing to catch a glimpse of the oncoming enemies.

"...Aw man..." He mutters, getting to his feet, deciding to pull Yosetu & Fuyou from his item pouch this time and leave his slayers in his belt. He turns his head to Lakely, after surveying the enemies. "Could you get the men-..?" He blinks, seeing the heavy blade already attacking the Menhir. "...hir. ..Right..."

Like I needed to tell him what to do. Geez I'm a dork...

Snapping out of it, Lighteria turns to the snip snap and rushes to engage in battle and distract it from Lakely's fight. The giant crab-like creature hisses as the twin blade rushes towards him and swings its massive claw pincer at the player as he approaches, snapping it shut a few times. Lighteria takes a breath and jumps forward into the air, holding his arms out. The giant claw swings, just an inch shy of hitting Lighteria's head. Instead, the player lands on his hands and curls up his upper body in the air, his momentum carrying him forward until his feet are aimed at the monster. At that instant, the twin blade leaps off from his hands, cutting off a follow-up attack from the snip snap, planting his feet into the monster's face, sending it tumbling backwards from the blow.

"Mew mew... (That was interesting.)" Kit says, actually just half-interested, seeing both players pretty much handling things.

Lighteria lands on his back after the attack, giving his a small shock but nothing bad. He gets to his feet and turns his head towards the snip snap as it recovers from the blow and hissess meanacingly, swinging both his claws in the air in the general direction of the twinblade. Lighteria shrugs and holds out his hand towards the monster, a red glyph forming around him. "Vak Rom!" He says, feeling fire magic exume from his blades and form on the ground under the snip snap. The monster scuttles at the twinblade as fast as it can but is quickly engulfed by flames. Elemental critical rings out as wave after wave of the fire washes over the poor beast, turning it into grilled seafood. About that time, the menhir tumbles to the ground and shatters into oblivion. Lighteria smiles over and scratches his head, complimenting himself on the inside for a good battle. Kit wanders over and leaps back onto Lighteria's shoulder as Lakely gestured toward him in a relaxed fashion and lookes around the room in a most confused, and slightly scared, manner, “So, anything else about this crack in the wall that might should be known?”

There's a sweat drop and Lighteria half-laughs, clearly a little nervous or embarrased, hard to tell which. "Err... yeah." He says, with a fake smile. "That's er... the ice dragon. I didn't mention it?"

"No." Kit says, shutting her eyes, realxed. Lighteria blushes and laughs even more awkwardly.

"Er... yeah... I think that portal summons an attack from him." He looks to the hole in the wall and starts walking towards it. "Don't worry though, it only happened once before... heh... what are the odds of a second... right?" Forgoing conversation in favor of making a hasty exit, Lighteria leaps through the newly formed hole in the wall.

The players and the pets soon find themselves back on the giant stairwell, the bottom still looking as endless as it had before. The stairs are no longer blocked, however, for as far as you can see (not far) the path to the bottom is clear. Lighteria sighs a little. "Well the exit's at the bottom... ahh... Hope you don't mind the walk." He says, again with the nervous laughing. Kit tries to fall asleep on his shoulder again as the group starts walking down the stairs. After about five minutes of decent, Lighteria's aura starts acting up again. He groans, half-heartedly trying to keep the lights from escaping but obviously failing. The images of Lighteria and the heavy blade again appear, the twinblade's old thoughts given voice again.

"Jeez this place is creepy... I can barely hold onto my blades, my hands are shaking so much... I thought I was gonna die of a heart attack back there... ...What if that thing shows up again!? It could be watching us right now ready to pounce! We could be being followed right now! There could be a-"

"Lighteria?" The heavyblade asks, noticing the twinblade's worried expression.

"YAAAH!!" The fake Lighteria yells, startled; his body going off into a wild spasm of nervousness. Loosing his balance, he falls to the floor onto his rear and curls his knees up to his chest so he enters an upright fetal position. "What? Whaaaa-aat!?!" He whines/asks.

The heavyblade coughs, a little sorry for scaring him. "You just looked nervous."

The real Lighteria coughs a little as the illusions keep walking, fading as they go further and further away. The twinblade blushes and mutters to himself for a second, annoyed at the images. "Apparently I need practice with control..." He says, embarrassed and annoyed.

About another five minutes of walking later, a pair of cadet valkyries appear from the lower levels, rushing up the stairs to meet them in battle. Lighteria swallows a little and turns to Lakely. "We're almost at the bottom... just be careful not to get knocked off the stairs."

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:52 pm

"That's er... the ice dragon. I didn't mention it?" Lighteria says while wearing a fake smile.

Oh great...We’re going up against a dragon now?

"Er... yeah... I think that portal summons an attack from him." The twinblader looks over at the hole in the wall and moves towards it. "Don't worry though, it only happened once before... heh... what are the odds of a second... right?" Without waiting for an answer, Lighteria leaps through the newly formed hole in the wall.

What are the odds? I guess you forgot that we kinda broke the odds of getting stuck in a video game. There seems to be no such thing as odds anymore for us. Lakely stands before the hole thinking. Shrugging his thoughts away he waves toward Vasuki. His Naga comes up to him and jumps around his wrist, forming a small, green, jeweled bracelet. Lakely looks down at his wrist and smiles. He looks around the room in confusion, then turns and jumps up into the hole after Lighteria. On the other side, the two players are again greeted by the long staircase spiraling downward. Lighteria sighs at the sight, "Well the exit's at the bottom... ahh... Hope you don't mind the walk." Lakely looks at the twinblader and laughs, “I’d much rather walk down for a little bit knowing there’s an exit. Judging by how much we fell, it would be hell to climb back up there right now.” The two players venture down the stairs, walking forever and ever down a seemingly endless stairwell. Five minutes after their departure, Lighteria suddenly stops in place again and groans as the lights from before push through his chest. While the bracelet around Lakely’s wrist shines a bright green color.

So, it was a dragon then? Odd... The lights that keep coming from his chest, his auras, I’ve yet to come to a conclusion of why they keep forming images from what seems to be his past.

I don’t know either. Though I bet I’d understand if you weren’t bothering me every time they appear. I’ve yet to hear a full conversation between the fake Lighteria and the heavyblader in the image.

I can always just leave you know. If you don’t want me around I don’t have to be here.

Nah...If you weren’t here I wouldn’t have anybody to bother me at the most importune times. Lakely quietly laughs to himself and looks back over at the twinblader watching the images walking down into the eternal abyss beyond what can be seen of the staircase below. "Apparently I need practice with control..." The twinblader says, embarrassed and annoyed. The two players again descend down the stairs. After another five minutes of blindly walking downstairs, a pair of Cadet Valkyries rush up the stairs toward them. Lakely takes a step back and grasps the handle of his Horse-Killer. The heavyblader looks down at Lighteria who turns back to Lakely, "We're almost at the bottom... just be careful not to get knocked off the stairs."

Lakely looks at the twinblader and nods his head in agreement, “I’ll get the one on the right.” Knowing that the slightest mis-step could send him to his doom, he pulls out his blade and holds it in front of him, ready to strike down the Cadet Valkyrie in front of him. The Valkyrie growled angrily at Lakely and ran up the stairs, bracing his spear. Spinning it behind him he levels it out and thrusts it at Lakely’s chest, the blade gleaming as it travels through the air. Lakely ducks below the strike and falls onto his back, watching the spear fly past him, with the Valkyrie following behind it. The monster continues running up the stairs and leaps over Lakely to avoid tripping over him. Seeing the Valkyrie soaring above him, Lakely plants his hands on the ground and rolls back, pushing his legs into the air. Above him, his feet collide into the chest armor of the Cadet Valkyrie, sending the creature flying even higher into the air and crashing into the wall and down to tattered red carpet covering the stairs.

The heavyblader rises to his feet again and brushes his silver hair from his view. Lifting his blade above his head he leaps into the air and begins to bring it down onto the monster. The Valkyrie, fully prepared for such an attack, blocks the attack with its spear. The Valkyrie pushes up on his spear, and in doing so, pushes up on Lakely’s blade. The force sends the heavyblader stepping backwards toward the edge of the stairs. Planting his feet in an effort to keep his balance, his right foot catches onto a ripped part of the carpet, and moves off of the step and into the hole below. The fall causes the player to fall to his hands and knees. Such a fall on uneven planes is asking for pain and injury, his knees both hit the edge of a step and buckle inward. He grabs both his knees and rolls down the steps slowly, with his blade following a few steps behind him. Seeing the opportunity to grasp victory the Valkyrie runs down the steps and leaps into the air, holding the tip of his spear facing downward, obviously attempting to fall onto the helpless heavyblader.

Fighting the pain he feels, Lakely rolls down one more step and waits for the Valkyrie to land. The Valkyrie shrieks as he lands two steps above him with his spear crashing through the step above Lakely’s head. The heavyblader quicky grabs the spear right by the blade and pulls it towards him, bringing the Valkyrie with him. The monster trips over Lakely and hits the wall beside him. Lakely stands and throws the spear into the center of the stairway, then picks up his own blade. As the spear falls into the hole and collides into the walls below, the Valkyrie looks into the eyes of Lakely in fear. Lakely steps down to where the monster is, grabs his armor, lifts him up, and examines the creature, “You know, you things really must be ugly if you wear a helmet that covers your face. Especially if you’ve got eyes like that.” Lakely chuckles quietly and quickly brings his knee up and into the monster’s stomach. The Valkyrie keels over and groans in pain, while Lakely looks on smiling. “I’ve had enough of this, Lighteria and I are in the middle of something. Maybe I’ll see you around, maybe not.” He throws him down onto the stairs and lifts his blade above him, and brings it down, tip-first, into the thin chest armor of the creature. A crimson fluid emits from the crack in the armor and quickly fades into a grey-ish color as it touches the already fading Valkyrie. The heavyblader removes his blade as the monster explodes into useless data strains. Lakely turns over to where Lighteria is and nods his head again, signifying that he is prepared to move forward and face whatever lies ahead of the party.

9,000 GP

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:22 pm

“I’ll get the one on the right.” Lakely says after an exchanged head nod.

"Then... the left one's mine..." Lighteria says passively, drawing the slayers from his belt. Kit leaps off of his shoulder and looks up to the twinblade as he draws breath, readying himself. Upon his exhale, the player rushes forward to run up to the heavyblade's side as the monsters approach. Lighteria growls a little and leaps into the air, extending his foot out towards the monster, going for his favorite jump kick. The monster quickly pulls up its spear and holds the shaft in front of itself to block. The twin blade's foot impacts on the spear shaft, the force of the blow sending both of them back a few steps.

Not needing to make a landing, the valkyrie rushes forward with its spear head out as Lighteria lands on his toes. He blinks and just manages to bring his slayer up to parry the spear attack. The weapons clang loudly against each other, Lighteria's arm flailing backwards for a moment and the valkyrie's spear bouncing back with her holding on to it. Lighteria shakes his head, a little dazed from all the parrys. Again, the valkyrie takes advantage, stabbing the spear for his gut while he's off guard.

"Lighteria! Mew meow meow!! (Lighteria! You have to focus more!!)" Kit yells out, watching the twinblade barely sidestep the spear.

The twinblade swallows and nods to the kitten, reaching his hand down by instinct to grab the shaft of the spear as it's thrusted to him. With a firm grip he yanks on it, causing the valkyrie to stumble for a brief instant but keeps a firm grip on it. The two combatants growl as they both tug with all thier might, trying to gain control of the weapon. Lighteria shoots a nasty, determined glare to the monster as it continues to pull.

"You want this?" He says, tensing his arm up and pulling with all his might, causing the valkyrie to yank similarly hard, each straining to gain control. "You... can... have it!!" Lighteria says, his fingers suddenly releasing the spear. Kit (and Lighteria too, actually) surpresses a giggle as the valkyrie tumbles to its back, not ready for the change in momentum. Its metal armor clangs onto the ground as it makes its rough landing. It glares through its helmet and trys to leap to its feet, but Lighteria is quickly on top of it, jumping and pinning its arms under his feet. The sting causes it to yelp for a second, a sound soon silenced by Lighteria's Slayer plunging into its head.

As things settle down, he turns back to Lakely who gives him a silent nod. Lighteria looks at him for a second, reflecting on that and nods back, walking down the stairwell once again.

Five Minutes Pass...

The pair is stopped again by an aura malfunction. In front of them, the heavyblade they'd seen so many times before is fighting against a snip snap alone, a critical look on his face. The blade he wields is a flamberge, a low level fire blade. Lighteria looks to Lakely and speaks as he fights.

"That's... my old friend." He says, pointing. "I'd fallen to the bottom at this point... and he had to come down alone to rescue me." He says defeatedly, sighing softly. "My aura activates when my emotions peak. Right now I can't control it." He looks away. "This... place is making me feel very nostalgic. That's probably what's causing it...."

"Kyaaaaah!" The heavyblade crys out, giving the beast one final vertical chop, slicing the worn out beast in half. Lighteria rubs his arm as the player lets out a breath and sheathes his blade. "Phew* Finally I can relax for a sec-"

*You have a FlashMail*

"Whoa!!" He yelps, surprised. "That's the second time today! I wonder what this is all about..."

Lighteria blinks suddenly, the player again dissapearing. "Wait a minute, the flashmail signal was real!"

To: Lighteria, Lakely
Subject: The Lowdown.

Guys, you may want to hurry up and get back here somehow. Turns out our admin is Melzas, the hacker. The rest of us are hurrying to fight and rescue our pets. You'd be a help, so join us ASAP.

Lighteria looks to Lakely for a second and back to the the stairwell. Carefully he places a hand on Kit's back to secure her to his shoulder and runs as fast as he can towards the bottom, explaining to Lakely on the way.

"There's a... um... I guess you could call it an elevator at the bottom." He says between huffs as he rushes down the steps. "We'll use that to get back to the top and help ou- ..... crap."

The players finally reach the end of the stairwell, however, a rather imposing figure takes up a good half of the large, circular area. They stare on as the sound of chomping and the crushing of bones fills the air. A giant dragon, like the meanacing hydrosaurus's only bigger, is busy eating the remains of the cadet valkyrie that had landed at the bottom. As it eats, jets of ice mist burst from its skin, freezing the air and making the entire room as cold as ice. Lighteria shivers for a second, watching the beast gnaw on its dinner, eating as though it's extremely agitated.

"It's angry..." Lighteria whispers, barely audible through the sounds of the dragon's breathing. "What do you think upset-? ....!!" The twinblade gasps and his jaw drops. Perched atop the beast's neck, the blade still plunged into its back, is the mysterious heavyblade's flamberge. Lighteria stares at it in a haze, no responding to anything. Kit blinks and noses his cheek for a second to try and rouse him but to no avail. The twinblade eventually takes Kit in his hand and moves her to Lakely's shoulder, much to Kit's surprise.

"S'cuse me...." He says, completely spaced out. Any protests from Kit are lost to him as the twinblade soon rushes up towards the dragon, his blades still sheathed in his belt. The dragon turns its head and roars at the incoming player, its teeth glistening and fresh blood dripping from its incisors.

"Lighteria snap out of it!!" Kit yells, watching. The twinblade, of course, doesn't answer. His vision is completely focused on the blade.

The dragon opens its mouth and lunges its head forward, trying to snag the twinblade between its jaws. However, in a bit of comedic skill, Lighteria leaps over the bite and hops off the beast's nose, rushing up its head and to its back. As the dragon sneezes, completely freezing a nearby wall, Lighteria reaches the blade and grips the handle tightly. The dragon growls and shuffles around, trying to throw him off its back but the player stays on, digging his feet into its scaly coat.

Within seconds, Lighteria's aura malfunctions again, this time, showing the heavyblade exactly where Lighteria is standing, both of them gripping the blade on the same spot, their bodys seemingly superimposed ontop of each other. The illusory heavy blade and Lighteria both grit their teeth and yank on the blade. Flames begin to erupt from the dragon's wound and to roars out loud enough to make the dungeon shake. It thrashes about, to fling the twinblade off of him. Lighteria does faulter a few times but his grip stays firm. Only after what seems like forever does he... or do they depending on how you look at it, pull the blade from the dragon's back. Flames burst out and light up the room. Instantly the illusion and Lighteria burst into dozens of fire-red light points, all of them converging and infusing into the flamberge, white-hot flames shooting out of the blade like a mini wildfire. Of course, without anyone to hold it, the dragon flings the blade from its back where it soon skids to a flaming halt at Lakely's side...

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:52 am

Finally, after a long search for their guardians, and venturing even further down the long spiral stairway, Lighteria and Lakely had reached the bottom of the stairwell. They entered a large circular room where the twinblader said that an elevator was supposed to be. Instead of a lone elevator, a large figure stood in the room, filling half of the large room. A large dragon-like figure stood munching and crunching on the bones of a Cadet Valkyrie.

So...This...Is...The Ice Dragon? Great... Lakely sighed and shook his head at the sight of the large creature. He felt a sudden light weight fall onto his shoulders. "S'cuse me...." The twinblader spoke softly and walked forward away from Lakely and Kit, who now sat on the heavyblader’s shoulder. “What are you doing?” Lakely yelled aloud as he watched Lighteria run after the dragon. “Gah! What is he trying to do? That dragon...” Lakely was confused, and left standing there with a kitten on his shoulder, while his bracelet gleamed.

He’s going to fight the dragon alone? Why don’t you run after him and help? You chased into the dungeon to help him.

Well, I would already be chasing after him if you hadn’t started talking. Every time, it never fails that you will interrupt me right at the most importune times. I know I have to help him, it’s my duty, so if you don’t mind I’m going after him.

Good! Then go already!

Lakely stepped forward and stopped, realizing he still had Kit on his shoulder. “Sorry Kit, you’ll have to stay here.” The heavyblader placed the kitten on the ground and turned around just in time to see the twinblader atop the dragon with the image of his friend heavyblader pulling a sword from the dragon’s back. The two pull the sword free of the creature’s back, though still in place, as flames spew from the wound and the dungeon shakes, trembles, and fills with light from the flames. The twinblader and the image burst into small red lights which are absorbed into the blade. Without anything to grip it, the blade is flung from the dragon and soars through the air and to the ground in front of Lakely’s boots, with white-hot flames still shooting from it. “A...Flamberge? His aura form, he must have infused the blade with his fire aura form.” Lakely bends down and picks up the Flamberge. He spins it around and watches as the fire spews from it.

I’m fairly certain now that the blade you hold is not bound by the rules of this world. You have complete power of the element in your control while he is part of it.

“Interesting, so then if I do this...” Lakely points the tip of the blade at the dragon and imagines a fireball emitting from it. As he does, fire is brought from the blade and meets at the tip, forming a ball which then flies from the blade and crashes into the side of the creature. “...Woah...This should be interesting.” Lakely smiled and gripped the handle of the blade tightly. Holding it out to his side, the heavyblader begins to spin around and becomes encircled by a tornado of fire. Coming to a halt, the tornado of fire rises off of him and moves toward the large dragon, trapping it within the wall of flames. Lakely points the blade at the creature again and thrusts it upwards toward the ceiling of the room. The wall of fire grows taller and spreads like wildfire inward, the wall thickening as it nears the creature. Soon the fire consumes the creature as its yells fill the room. Lakely taps the ground with the tip of the Flamberge and the fire vanishes. The dragon roars and charges at Lakely. “Step back, Kit!” Lakely commands the kitten to get away as the dragon approaches. Lakely plants his feet and despite the creature still being far away, he swings the blade horizontally as if it were right in front of him. A line of fire floats in the air where the tip of the blade had crossed in the air. Lakely raises the blade above his head and strikes down at the middle of the line of fire, creating a vertical line perpendicular with the already existant line, forming a cross. Lakely steps back and raises his arm to put his hand inches away from the center of the cross. He grunts and pushes at the intersection of the flames, moving it slightly. Taking the Flamberge from his right hand, he grips it firmly with both hands and spins around to swing the flame sword at the crossing. Like the bat of a major league player hitting a baseball, the Flamberge crashed into the fire and sent it flying upward, crashing into the skull of the ice dragon. The impact of the flames on the dragon of water element sent the creature flying and onto its back. “Wow...such power. This is incredible!”

Lakely stands at attention and thrusts the Flamberge out in front of him again. He begins to spin it in a clockwise rotation, fire building up around the dragon as had happened before, while the blade spins. As the blade continues to spin, the fire lifts up into the air becoming a massively large and powerful Vak Rom spell. The tornado lifts the dragon into the air and throws it about as large fireballs and molten rock crash into the tough skin of the monster. Lakely stops spinning the Flamberge, then thrusts the tip of the blade into the air and then drives it back down to the ground. The tornado swells up one last time and fades soon afterwards, sending the large dragon crashing into the floor, with a thud that shakes the entire dungeon. The remnants of the large tornado converge into one large object above the dragon. A massively large Vak Don spell forms above the dragon and looms over its head menacingly for a second or two. The large molten rock succumbs to gravity and falls directly onto the spine and neck of the dragon. Lakely’s bracelet gleams as he stands watching, I think he’s just about had enough. That weapon is insanely powerful. Lakely nodes his head in agreeance, “Yes, you are correct. I will end this for sake of Lighteria and his memories.” Gripping the handle of the Flamberge even tighter he grits his teeth and holds the blade behind him as he sprints at an accelerating pace toward the dragon. Getting within a few feet of the dragon he leaps up into the air, screaming, “Lights! This is for you and your heavyblader friend!” Concentrating all the energy within the Flamberge to the tip he swings the blade whilst in the air and strikes the ice dragon with a downward slicing attack. The blade cuts cleanly through the skin of the dragon and the energy of it sends the dragon exploding and crashing into the wall, surrounded by massive flames. It groans on last time at the heavyblader before it bursts into lost streams of data. Lakely walks back to Kit and places him on his shoulder again. He looks down at the blade and smiles, knowing that he has helped to exorcise the demons of Lighteria’s past. He looks at the kitten on his shoulders, “So Kit, how do we get him out?”

9,000 GP

Lighteria
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Lighteria » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:02 am

What happened? Where am I?! Kit?! Lakely!!! Where are you?! ...

...It's black... I can't see... Why did I transform? Why do I feel hot? It... it feels like I'm burning up! Someone... who keeps telling me to attack? It feels like every fiber of my being have been morphed for the sole purpose of attacking something... anything...

That's because you lack focus Lighteria...

Lighteria gasps within his broken thoughts, the sound echoing throughout his split form.

“Interesting, so then if I do this...” Lakely says, pointing the tip of the blade towards the glaring dragon.

In his mind's eye, a fireball suddenly appears in front of Lighteria. He gasps again, his entire form feeling a sudden burst of power. With an enraged scream within his head, he unconsciously twists his form and sends a burst of energy sailing through the air. In reality... well "reality" the fire ball strikes the ice dragon and explodes in a furious torrent of flames. Upon contact however, Lighteria's energies flash and his mind's eye whites out, showing images of the past to him again, the images blurry, and full of static and holes. The fight against the dragon so long ago... The escape... Every strike against the old foe shows another instant of memory for the twin blade, the memories slowly loosing the static and holes. His heavyblade friend Squall, leaping from the balcony to the dragon's back... Lighteria's ten story hurdle into the dark void... The pulse-quickening breaths of a giant ice dragon sleeping in the darkness... and over-zealous white cherry bouncing on the ground... and the final attack on an angered monster. The memories, now purely clear but terribly fast, start to warp and grow wilder, loosing form and coming rapidly.

“Lights! This is for you and your heavyblader friend!” Is the last thing the twin blade hears before a final, powerful energy burst courses through his being. The sword still ablaze, the twin blade's mind blanks out and his consciousness wanes.

"It's been a while you know..."

"Yes... I know..."

"I was waiting for you for a long time. I didn't think you'd ever find it."

"I'm sorry... I tried my best, I really did..."

"Hey, I know you did, Lights. You never did give up..."

"...How are you doing this? ...This memory fragment... how did you leave it in the blade?"

"Who knows? Maybe the game copied every action I took into a back up registry... maybe my character data was transferred into an advanced AI that's talking to you right now... ...Or maybe it's something we don't know...

...You remember that old story you wrote back then? That girl who became trapped in another reality she though was fake? She said something really thoughtful... I forget what it is now..."

Lighteria feels himself trying to crack a smile, his thoughts actually morphing the dreamscape into a perfect representation of the alternate world. A dark blue haired girl in a kimono appears before the two players, standing at a cliff-side, looking across a vast valley as the sight of two full moons, her hair reflecting moon light, giving her a ghostly look. Lighteria feels his mouth open to speak and his voice sounds through the girl's mouth in her own voice, her soft tone speaking Lighteria's thoughts.

"...My thoughts drift between two realities. When the conscious mind becomes blurred between two planes of existence… how real is the real one? And how fake is the fake one? One thing does not change, however… no matter how many times I cross between them, my emotions are real. No matter how fake this world is, my feelings are real.”

The heavyblade smiles in Lighteria's mind and nods his head slowly.

"That was it..."

Without another word the heavyblade stands up and stares at the moon as well, his silver hair swaying in the illusory breeze. He smiles and shuts his eyes, staring to fade away. Lighteria gasps and quickly rises to his feet, grabbing his fading hand.

"Squall!! Don't go! I can't stand being alone in The World!!"

Squall smiles and lets out a chuckle as Lighteria's grip closes on itself, the heavyblade's hand disappearing.

"You never did get it... You're never alone Lighteria. Just look around one day."

With that, the heavy blade vanishes from the dreamscape, leaving Lighteria with his hand held out and shaking, looking at nothing but an illusory forest. His heart feeling weak, Lighteria turns towards the cliff-side and looks up to the girl as she stands, motionless, her eyes never leaving the moon.

"I never did finish this story..." He says, walking slowly up to the girl's side, putting a hand to her motionless cheek. "I didn't want it to end sadly... I couldn't bring myself to write the final sentence... His hand trembles on her cheek, Lighteria finally allowing the true magnitude of being a prisoner in The World come to his mind. He will never see his friends again... His parents will be forced to cope with the loss of their son... His life, his dreams, would never be fulfilled... ...His stories will never be finished... This girl will stare at the moon for eternity...

A tear rolls down his cheek and his hand slowly slides down and off of the girl's cheek.

"I'm sorry Uri... Your ending... and mine... will never be written..." With a sunken heart, he lets his hand fall back to his side. But midway, he feels a soft grasp on his wrist. He gasps and looks to his wrist, held softly by his own character. His heart missing a beat, the twin blade looks up to the girl's face, his body almost freezing in place as his eyes meet her stare, her gaze finally tore away from the distant moon. Speechless, mouth agape, Lighteria stares into her deep, gray eyes as she smiles a distant smile. The situation so surreal, Lighteria doesn't even feel his wrist being pulled forward. Before he realizes it, he is slowly pulled forward towards her, her hand seemingly just appearing on the back of his neck. With a weak gasp from the cold touch, Lighteria manages to break the unending gaze he had formed with her eyes just before she pulls his lips onto hers. No longer drawing breath, the twin blade helplessly stands in her grasp, feeling his consciousness wane the longer she holds him. The kiss never breaks; instead, the player's mind slowly fades into blackness, hurtling through nothingness until feeling once again returns to his side.

Lighteria gains <Vak Aura> and <Imbue Weapon>
<Split> is now level 2

"Look! He reformed!" Kit says in English for the benefit of Lakely.

Lighteria blinks his eyes open, slowly taking in the world around him. As he gets up from his side, he looks up to Lakely with a dazed and confused expression.

"What happened?" He asks quietly.

Just then, the sounds of ice and battle ring from the heights of the spiral stairwell. The players look up into the darkness, their path becoming clear. Gesturing for him to follow, Lakely makes a dash for the elevator platform inside the ice dragon's cave. Lighteria, still a little dazed, nods and gets up from the floor to catch up, stopping only to pick the blade up and let Kit jump back on his shoulder. As the four step on the platform, Lighteria takes one last look at the alcove, almost seeing his friend waving good bye to him. As they rise up into the elevator shaft, the room disappearing from sight, Lighteria smiles and lets his eyes close.

"Let's go help our... friends..." He says, opening his eyes and looking back to his fellow Vanguard. Lakely nods a little, the two of them looking up as they finally reach the top floor......

((OOC: Hope that wasn't too weird =3 ))