Enter the World through the Delta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:48 pm

Vera had done her best to see if she could get to Tokki with a cheap trick. The idea of doing that would have worked with some people, but Tokki mustn't have been that up-tight even in this zombie type of state. Though the Ice Queen was still dangerous and a rather annoying with her powers. Vera's original idea had been to just try and show off her fun side as she hoped that it would make Tokki remember the girl, but didn't and just seemed to anger her more. She had been trying hard enough to think of another plan, but just about anything wouldn't work. If she attempted to charge an Ani Eater, then Tokki would kill her during the middle of the chant or the hacker would. A rapid shot would fail as well no matter the pattern she decided to use, but could Tokki maybe taken down.

The Ice Queen had replied to Vera's scrolls with her own type of defense; a deluge. The massive block of ice had quickly beaten back the five spell assault, but wasn't finished. Vera's heart had sank low as she watched the giant block of ice head right towards her and just as anyone else would do with the little time they had; she attempted to pull a dodge from it. This would be amazing for any player to pull off, but she was still going to try it. Taken as little time as possible she prepared and leapt into the air with as much strength as her body could muster. There was moister clinging to the bottom of her boots as she spun in the air they began to spray from the material, though this would all be for nothing soon enough. She was caught at the wall as she heard a snap from her calves she tried to keep composure against it all as she slammed into the wall with furious pain.

The ice was melting quickly as she had figured the Ice Queen forgot about her. She was dead wrong for the second time this fight and it was getting on her nerves. As she crashed into the ice she left a small crater that was truly in the style of something childish, but before she even had a second to get out Tokki decided to add insult to injury. The water began to freeze as Vera was trapped half-way under it and pretty much disabled. She began to glare for a moment while thinking of something to do, but would it be enough for the girl to pull off. She needed to unfreeze herself and then heal as well; then it hit her like a brick. She could still get a fire element scroll from her inventory and use that to unfreeze her body before using Repth to heal her wounds.

As she reached for her inventory the ice began to melt and then she was freed by the one she had revived. Hac stared at her for a moment as he pulled her out of the ice and handed her two health drinks. She only needed one since the damage may have appeared bad it didn't seem to take too much off of her health points. She took another breath as she thought of sending a flash mail to him, but changed her mind and decided that she would thank him later if they lived through this. She used the health drinks as her bones began to mend, and then she began to think of what was happening. Melzas had taken the one thing that capped off her power; if she was given enough time she could do some hardcore damage, but she just wanted Kitski back. She took out the Shadow Guns as she sighed softly and emptied the shells from them; if she wanted to attack then she would attack with the most powerful thing she had in her arsenal. It crossed her mind for a moment that Tokki was her friend and she was only being controlled. Sighing quietly she put her weapons away as she approached Tokki slowly and with extreme caution; she may have been preoccupied, but still a threat none the less if Tokki felt she was getting to close.

Vera began to way the options in her head, but was still conflicted on how to go by them. She could easily rip a new hole in Melzas if Nighthand wasn't in her way, but there was no telling just how much power this hacker had and just to make matters far worse Tokki was his puppet. It was at the second there was one thing that she could do and dancing was not that thing. Talking was something that she hadn't tried and this was the time to try it. Taking one more small breath she stopped within ear shot of Tokki and closed her eyes. This was it; would this be their trump card or Vera's undoing.

"Tokki wake up please. I know you're in there somewhere deep down in there. You've left us for so long that maybe you forgot who we all were together, but I remember. I'm Vera and I used to be very close to you, but then we both disappeared to do our own things and this is what has come of it." She started with as her eyes stared long and hard at Tokki. The girl only intended to speak and after that she would let fate take its own course. "I know you remember me and I know that I look different now, but I am the same person. I know you're the same deep in that frozen cage of hate. Back in the day; this wouldn't have happened and you wouldn't have fallen to such a pathetic pile of horse shit. How did he gain control of you Tokki? Was it that annoying hissing sound or did he just hit you over the head and train you to be his puppet against your will." she spoke with a soft tone as her gaze turned towards the hacker, but she did nothing except turn back to Tokki. "Please wake up and come back to us, all of us. Me, Gingistune, Nall, Nighthand, Hijinx and even those people you never met, who are trying to take you down, but failing horribly. No offense guys, but you are; there is no way anyone could take Tokki down with normal attacks the way she is. She is a goddess like this, but this isn't who she is. Tokki used to be proud, powerful and compassionate. Now she is Melzas's play thing it seems and who knows; what he will have her do next. Tokki wake up for me and the rest of your friends. I won’t fight you and you can kill me now, but this is all I want is for you to wake up. I know you won’t kill me if I surrender, but I just want the one I care about back." she finished her speech while darting to everyone she mentioned in it. That was something so hard for her to say, but it had to be said in that tone. Being kind and polite was something Vera had rarely done, but crying was something she could only do for her partner and as much as it could have helped; it was not possible for her to cry for Tokki.

Vera sat down as her tail folded beneath her legs. This was it the moment of truth, but would Tokki snap out of it or would Vera soon be missing a vital part of her body. Her eyes shot over again to the frozen Kitski as she was filled with a sort of rage that could have alone powered her weapons, but she knew that if Tokki woke up then Melzas would be in horrid trouble. Nothing was could instill fear as much as having every single member of the group trying to kill the same small person. Plus if Tokki woke up then there would be no telling the damage all of them could do together.

OOC: there you go. I did what I figured had to be done and such. I did my best and everything. So umm yeppers and hope you enjoyed… lol
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Tokki
Enlightened Player

Post by Tokki » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:36 am

Mistglaive held outwards, Tokki's sapphire pools bored straight into Reinier's, beckoning him to accept her challenge. The ice queen enjoyed the thought of having an opponent go all out against her in combat. The adrenaline coursed through every fiber of her being, pulling her emotions until they were taut as snagged fishing wire. Her senses were heightened, and she felt a connection to The World deeper than the twilight infection she suffered from already made it.

The twilight infection. That is what had been nagging at her since she had appeared in The World. If she was within a game, and trapped in it due to an infection on her player character, then why does she not know of herself before she received this infection? Why does she not remember anything prior to first awakening in the ice-cold Ipsilon server? It was a piece of her frustrating puzzle that left her unable to bridge one side to the other. And that piece is what would make Melzas' claims to being able to show her what her meaning in The World was, and the comments made by the people she was being placed in battle against. None of this really made sense to her, and she was inexplicably dumbfounded at how blindly she was following this hacker with the horrible lisp.

But the only person who had shown her any glimmer of hope in finding her way through the darkness she had been born into since she first opened her eyes in this world was Melzas, and if he would point, she would advance. It was the only thing she had. Hope. So often did these glimpses of her past surge forth in her memory, but she never could actually piece together any of it. It was fragments. Shattered pieces of history that were in no particular order and had virtually no use whatsoever. The most frightening thought that so often glanced over her mind was that the people she was fighting, enemies by Melzas' definition, weren't enemies at all. What could that make them? Innocents? Passerbys? ... Friends? Either way, they were in between her and the road to her past. That's all she knew, and that's all she would act upon. Melzas always whispered in her ear when she seemed even the least bit unsure of compliance with an order he had given...

"Ssssweet Tokki... There can be no ssssecond chancessss with dessstiny..."

And so she would no longer hesitate. It seemed reasonable to her to figure that if hesitation is what would make him not want to lead her in the right direction, then hesitation is what he would never have to endure with her. She was completely obedient. Catered to his every whim. She was, essentially, his puppet.

Before she ever had the chance of a tango for two with Reinier, his comrades came on the offensive, each glancing forth with their own attacks in attempt to overwhelm her. The fiery heavy blade, Ryok, sprinted forth, orbs of flame preying upon her very position that seemed to be created out of thin air. A new adversary, long wavy hair rippling behind him as he advanced upon her area, came at her after administering a spell upon her that would lower her physical defense-- a statistic that already suffered in her constitution, but that she made up for several times over in magnificent physical evasion. The room also began to warm up a bit, and a figure that she had noticed in her peripheral vision one moment converted itself into light which seemed to fill the room with a heat that made her uncomfortable. Just then, those balls of flame that preyed upon her weren't so pathetic anymore-- at least in size. The fact that they were moving as fast, if not slower, than the speed at which a heavy blade could run made her scoff at them.

Her free hand raised in their direction, and water particles from around the room gathered at her palm. When enough had gathered, she turned her hand palm up in front of her slender lips, and blew softly on them. The action was deceiving; the particles of water froze over, and a miniature, well-focused snowstorm sprung forth and enveloped the balls of flame, quieting them down, and sending them back towards the advancing heavyblade. Before they glanced upon his frame, they were overtaken by the decrease in temperature and dousing of frozen droplets that had enveloped them. Before she could react to the advancing threats, however, a figure that she hadn't been paying too much mind to, for she had been spending the entire battle skating around the room as anything but a threat, sped between the queen of ice and her attackers. The female hacked character deflected their blades, before wrapping her arms around the long arm, evading a couple simple defensive blows, hugging her tightly. Tokki was surprised, to say the least.

"Hiya Tokki, did ya miss us?"

Tokki was baffled, and without replying to the rabbitlike character, placed her hand inbetween her and the twin blade, and shoved her back. The girl slid backwards cheerfully on her skates, and spun around to stop her motion. Tokki tried her best to appear furious, but anyone could see that she was extremely confused with the unwelcomed advance.

Before she could make a decision over whether or not the rabbit's insinuation that Tokki used to be acquaintences with her opponents, the water manipulating heavy blade began the motions of a spell casting, meriting a reaction from the long arm. Without delay, Tokki drew upon the abilities latent in her rare armor, and utilized them on her would-be attacker.

"Miu Lei." Before the inward incantation could be finished, Hacorie had a change of heart, and the MeAni Kruz was casted in the direction of a distant Nighthand on the ledge of the arena. Tokki, confident the threat in that direction was gone, turned back to the group before her. "Enough games, my mind is not a toy. The only game you should be playing is the one you're in."

Tokki whipped the sash of white fur that lay draped around her neck free, and launched it into the air between her and the Freedom Fighters. The sash carried high into the air, and began a downward spiral towards the ground between all of her opponents. Before the sash got within 15 feet of the icy floor, it burst out in a bright light, and a gutteral roar pulsated through the sphere. Tokki's beautiful companion white tiger, Mizu, emerged from the light, and landed on the floor, sending a pulsing wave of energy outward from it's body, stunning it's surrounding foes. Tokki spun her mistglaive skillfully, and brought it back to her side, jabbing the bladeless end into the floor. Before a command could be issued to the battle-hungry tiger, Tokki was approached once more by the red-haired gunner, this time with her weapons emptied and aside. The look in the girls eyes compelled her... They compelled her to listen.

"Tokki wake up please. I know you're in there somewhere deep down in there. You've left us for so long that maybe you forgot who we all were together, but I remember. I'm Vera and I used to be very close to you, but then we both disappeared to do our own things and this is what has come of it."

Tokki furrowed her brow in anguish. Latent memories were forcing their ways to the forefront in her mind, and for a reason unbeknownst to her, she was doing everything she could to stop it. It made no sense. The only thing she wanted more than anything was to know herself. To remember her past, and who she was. So why was she trying so hard to deny it? Flustered, she slouched over momentarily, before coming back to attention, and holding the mistglaive up in Vera's direction, her eyes carrying a flood of mixed emotions that no digitized hack could control.

"I know you remember me and I know that I look different now, but I am the same person. I know you're the same deep in that frozen cage of hate. Back in the day; this wouldn't have happened and you wouldn't have fallen to such a pathetic pile of horse shit. How did he gain control of you Tokki? Was it that annoying hissing sound or did he just hit you over the head and train you to be his puppet against your will."

For the first time, Tokki let her mistglaive fall from her hands, and clatter to the floor. The shaft of solidified ice clattered to the floor, her hands rose, grasping her skull tightly. Her head was throbbing uncontrollably. Why did this girl seem so familiar to her? The sound of childish laughter pierced through her. Two girls, both young, were at either side. They were laughing at something she had said, and they followed her towards a doorway in Mac Anu. Wands. They were carrying wands. This girl had no wand-- but the voice was unmistakable behind that tampered character model. Tokki fell to her knees before the girl and her mistglaive, the powerful sapphire aura that once surged through her body faded off, and she allowed her memories and powerful emotions to run freely.

"Please wake up and come back to us, all of us. Me, Gingistune, Nall, Nighthand, Hijinx and even those people you never met, who are trying to take you down, but failing horribly. No offense guys, but you are; there is no way anyone could take Tokki down with normal attacks the way she is. She is a goddess like this, but this isn't who she is. Tokki used to be proud, powerful and compassionate. Now she is Melzas's play thing it seems and who knows; what he will have her do next. Tokki wake up for me and the rest of your friends. I won’t fight you and you can kill me now, but this is all I want is for you to wake up. I know you won’t kill me if I surrender, but I just want the one I care about back."

Melzas. He was the one playing games this whole time. He was the one keeping her from her past. And keeping her from her destiny-- just so he could use her. Tears that welled up in her eyes poured over and slid down her face. She stood up furious-- someone definitely would have to suffer for the humiliation she was being put through; the only logical target was Melzas. The coward with one eye that stayed safely above the action with only Nighthand to accompany him. The tears on her face soon hardened and turned to ice, freezing her sorrow upon her pale visage semi-permanently. The mistglaive rose and turned back into a globule of water that floated at her side. Tokki leapt into the air, snapping her fingers at her peak; Mizu came dutifully, and the long arm landed on the white tiger's back as it passed by. The tiger sprinted over the edge of the platform, and before it's paws struck the moat, Tokki had already made it rise out up in the form of a bridge of ice the Mizu would use. The bridge extended towards Melzas, and the long arm swept by him, lashing out with her now hardened mistglaive directly at his face. The glaive struck nothing, and Mizu overleapt the platform and the two began their rocketing descent back towards the ground. The moat rose up again, and a slide of ice formed beneath Mizu's paws. Tiger and huntress slid down the makeshift plaything, and their return to the group of freedom fighters was as quick as their advance.

Tokki hopped off of her pet, and the tiger leapt at her chest, to the undoubted surprise of many of the players around her. However, the tiger converted back into a sash which fell daintily upon her left shoulder. With a subtle flick of her wrist, the white rope of fur swung around her neck and fell over her other shoulder once more. All around the room, the sound of shattering ice was unmistakeable. The prisons of ice around all of the pets that were encased in the walls broke away, and crumbled into the moat below. The pets were freed, and after getting over the dizzying effect that the coffins of ice would understandably afflict on them, would be waiting for their masters to call them forth once more.

"Melzas... No more games."
Tokki | Lv. 29 | Long Arm | Mistglaive | Kagayuzen | Time Headband | Rue Repulse | Rue Doom | GiRue Kruz | Rue Rom | Death | Ap Do | Miu Lei | Gan Don | Life Drain | No Damage | MeRue Rom

Wishlist: Undecided

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:53 pm

Nighthand didn’t have much time to react; Melzas made sure of that. The Swordsmage already knew Melzas was much faster than he was, and much stronger besides. And with that item, that chunk of Twilight, jammed into his skull, Nighthand wouldn’t be able to beat him alone. Thankfully, it probably wouldn’t come to that.

He knew, from past experience and talking with Nall, that Melzas was somewhat different from the other hackers. Ruguderoll was practically his opposite. He wasn’t so much interested in killing them all as he was in… Well, Nighthand didn’t know. But Melzas was a fan of fair fights, even if his idea of “fair” still involved enough of an advantage on his side so as to fool his eye into thinking victory was guaranteed. They had oulled off victory once before, when they faced the Deadly Ice Spider, Reiketsu. And now it appeared that they would pull it off again.

There were so many spells, so much power, flickering around the battle. Nighthand ached to join in, take some of that wasted energy and put it to good use. He wouldn’t be able to: he had a much more important job to deal with. As important as it was, however, Nighthand’s thoughts drifted.

”Watch out!” cried Silverblade. His warning was too late, however. The Eye of Disillusion knew his mistake; saw, written all over his face, his lack of attention.

“Melzas… No more games.” Came Tokki’s voice from below.

Suddenly, Melzas was gone. His image simply flickered and disappeared. Nighthand looked around, but the hacker might as well have been in another field.

Just as suddenly as he has disappeared, the Ice Master materialized on the same ledge Nighthand stood on. Before he could react, Melzas’ foot lashed out ever so casually, kicking him off the ledge.

The heavy blade twisted as he fell, and landed heavily on the ice below. A quick check of himself made sure nothing was broken, nothing disabling. He was pained, just enough to slow him.

”No more gamessss, you sssay? You poor, poor girl. I found you, took you in, made you into the weapon you were meant to be, and thissss isss how you repay me? His voice was cold and harsh, despite his almost-comical slurs. He certainly overdoes the snake bit, doesn’t he…. Nighthand thought to himself. Melzas continued.

”No matter. You were ssssimply an experiment. A tessst, if you will.” He paused again, looking down on the veritable crowd of players and pets massed below. For a moment, he seemed to bask in their hatred, like a lizard in the sun. ”But you mussst remember, dear Tokki, that no matter the control you have on your powerssssss… Mine isss GREATER!”

The hacker disappeared once again. A crack, arrow straight, appeared in the ice of the floor. It stopped at Tokki’s feet. Suddenly, the ice on the sides of the crack erupted outwards, like the wake of a speedboat in calm water, from the wall under where Melzas had stood towards her.

Her eyes widened for a moment, then narrowed in concentration and anger. The ice in the air curved inwards, sharpening into blades and forming a fence in front of her; hopefully enough to slash Melzas to pieces as he ran headlong into it. For a moment, Nighthand actually thought it would work.

That is, until the blades of her own creation changed course. Melzas’ laughter echoed in the cavern, and the blades lanced at Tokki.

None of them seemed to skewer her, however. Whether by her design or his choice, she was given nothing more than a series of surface cuts. Then Melzas made his appearance, mere feet in front of her, his blade raised for an attack.

Tokki reacted like lightning, her Mistglaive lashing out, skewering Melzas through his gut. His face broke into a grin.

Tokki’s fabulous spear of ice hadn’t penetrated his armor. Instead, its blade had crumpled, like a crushed soda can.

”Weaponsss who fail at their purposssse musssst be eliminated.”

Ice from the floor rose up, locking around Tokki’s legs. It continued to rise, obviously intended to cover her entire body. She fought it with everything she could, slowing its rise.

Seeing a chance, Nighthand rushed the hacker from behind. At the same time, he called out to the group. ”Now, attack!” Zan heeded the call, angling in to the side of the hacker.

Without a movement, Melzas caused a wall of solid ice to rise up in front of Nighthand. He jumped, catching the top and tumbling down the other side. Tendrils of ice with the consistency of putty reached out, wrapping up and encasing Nighthand’s arms and legs in the wall.

Zan arrived for his attack almost at the same time. He leapt, bringing his blade down on the hacker’s skull. Nighthand fully expected to see the blade pass through, encountering no resistance as the hacker once more dodged. This was not the case.

Melzas reached to either side, grabbing the fighter by the wrist. He spun, heaving Zan high into the air, and slamming his arm into the floor. The arm in the ground pulsed white and blue. He reached down, pulling a chunk from the ground and spinning it into a circle around his wrist. It hardened, shimmered, and sharpened into a pair of ring-blades, akin to Chakram.

Melzas spun again, sending the rings flying one after another at the falling body of Zan. The first passed cleanly through his torso, the second severing his head. He fell lifeless to the ground.

The hacker straightened, and walked casually back in front of Tokki. She was still struggling to push back the ice, and had managed to stop it at her waist. Somehow in the process, she had dropped the Mistglaive. Nighthand wondered why no one else had joined in the attack, and looked around.

Sometime during the fray, the ice across the floor had softened, risen up, and done the same to everyone else as it had to Tokki. Everyone was encased from their waists down, unable to break free in the short time they had.

”A worthy dissstraction; however, it only delayed your elimination.”

Tokki strained against her shackles, but to no avail. As much as she had improved, as much as she had learned from him, he still was better. Casually, because his eye told him there was no threat, the Ice Hacker bent to pick up the Mistglaive. Its crumpled point straightened, once more a gleaming blade.

Melzas, also appeared to be a big fan of irony. He stabbed.

Tokki shifted her focus immediately to moving the blade, doing her best to keep it from piercing her. The surface of the blade rippled, compacting, then elongating and forking, turning into a writhing monster of a weapon as the pair of ice masters worked to keep control. Back and forth the blade’s deadly form moved, but with a final burst of effort, Melzas thrust it forward and into Tokki.

Her eyes widened, and closed.

”Dear Tokki… Keep thisss blade asss a reminder, remember that you can never sssurpasssss me, that you are inferior. The ressst of you… Leave. I have no further ussse for you.”

Melzas disappeared. The ice around the party fell to the ground. The castle began to shake.

Nighthand hit the ground rolling. He tossed a Resurrect on Zan, returning him to life.
”The castle is collapsing! Someone, get Tokki, and let’s get out of here!” Nighthand called, as the stalactites began to fall from the ceiling high above.

Thankfully, the dungeon wasn’t long. The pets were the first to steam out the gateway, some of them being faster than others. Vera had scooped up Tokki, and with the help of Kitski, they carried her out of the collapsing castle. They were the last to return.

The castle in front of them crumbled away. Without the hacker there to maintain its shape, it no longer could exist.

Breathing deeply, Nighthand sighed. ”Let’s go home.” The golden rings of a chaos transfer swept them away to Mac Anu.

(OOC: Lights, if you have anything to add to your side-thing, go ahead; other than that, time to meet at Mac Anu.)

Cypher
Exalted Player

Post by Cypher » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:23 pm

Rewards!

Nighthand =-=> 1 lvl. + Any level 3 scroll of your choice
Hacorie =-=> Oceanic Aura
Gingitsune =-=> Any level 3 scroll of your choice
Lighteria =-=> 2 lvls. + Newt Necklace
Hijinx =-=> Any level 2 Scroll of your choice
Strato =-=> 2 lvls.
Ryok =-=> 1 lvl. + 500 GP
Vera =-=> 1 lvl.
Reinier =-=> 1 lvl. + Book of Power + Book of Gracefulness
Tokki =-=> 1 lvl. + Any level 3 scroll of your choice
Zan =-=> Any level 2 scroll of your choice
Tirath =-=? 1,000 GP

Pets receive 2 levels!!! All of you had nice interaction. Bravo.

---

Hac, Gingi, Jinx, Zan, Tirath:
Your Golden Orb remains unchanged...
Tokki, Reinier, Vera, Ryok, Night:
Your Golden Orb attains a faint blue glow...
Lighteria, Strato:
Your Golden Orb's golden color becomes a bit more intense...
Wishlist: Ends of Earth (11 BM), Black Sharp Angel Wings, BM Swords (Rare/Common)

New sig coming soon!