Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:56 pm

Tirath charged up between Vera and Kurai. Without a speed boost it took much longer than he liked, but he made it in time atleast.

"What is wrong with you two! Both of you put your weapons away! Look Kurai, your not the only one whose suffered in this group! We have all had to go through trials of our own. Do you realize that after all this time i'm still no closer to finding Kat? For all I know those damned hackers have her locked up in some kind of prision!"

He was sure now he had both Kurai's and Vera's attention. Even he was surprised at what he was saying.

I guess i've just kept everything inside so long, it had to come out eventually.........

"Listen, we have enough enemies as it is. The last thing we need be doing is drawing our weapons on each other. We also can't be running off on our own. I wouldn't put it above either the admin or the hackers to take one of us alone again and I won't allow it to happen. We didn't mean to spy on you, but to make sure that we don't have to deal losing another friend. Please come back with us now, so we can make some kind of plan to get out of this game for good........."

To his disappointment, his words seem to have no effect on the strong willed longarm. As Kurai turns and walks away, Tirth puts his arm out to stop Vera from following again.

"Just let him go. What ever the problem is, its something he's going to have to deal with himself. We should go back to the others now....."

Tirath turned on his heel and began to slowly make his way back to town, never looking back and hoping that Vera isn't far behind him.

Best to just let everyone do what they want then. Who cares if we're meant to be some kind of team anyway.....
Last edited by Tirath on Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Armina
Exalted Player

Figuring out the Mind Trick

Post by Armina » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:23 am

(ooc: arg… waited to long to post. *grins* This happens before anyone else leaves the new hideout, okay? She’s back & asleep before anyone else leaves too, just to keep the storyline clear. Thanks!)

I should be dead… Shivering in the hideout of Dun Loreag, the usually smiling LongArm cannot even bring herself to laugh at the whole “cat/dragon” situation. Nayru is partially explaining how they survived… but amidst everything that has been going on Armina finds that right at this moment she does not care. The flying cat… dragon… whatever ’s words only strengthen her theory that Nall somehow managed to save their ragtag group after the hacker tournament … this is only a repeat performance.

I’ll wait til Gingi’s up… she thinks to herself pensively then I’ll take a walk around, try to sort out my thoughts.

Until the WaveMistress awoke Armina clung to the shadows of the doorway, ready at anytime to slip through the door. Rayo’s watching the door… I wonder why.

That brought her thoughts back around to how she kept hearing Rayo’s voice in her head throughout the battle. How can that have been? Why would I think I heard Rayo of all people? Just because we shared a tourney fight? Or could it be something else?

This was a much better turn of thought than reliving being chopped in two by a furious LongArm Administrator, and much better for her to try to come to a conclusion about. I’ll leave figuring out how we can stand up to the Admins or prove to them we’re not “bad hackers” or whatnot to the others. This is my problem. Thinking about how she seemed to be able to “talk" to Kurai & Argilus without a problem too, Armina begins to think she at least knows what it is. But why? I need to go outside.

Spinning to open the door she sees Rayo move to join her. Blue eyes widen, just at the thought she might not be able to go alone. She can feel the tears form & cling to her overly large, The World character eyes as if they were really her own. For all intents & purposes they are. “Please, Rayo… I need to think some things through on my own…” Does she imagine that he waivers slightly in his resolve? Of all those in the group, she’s been through the most with him. Being tourney partners & all; then the events of the last battle.

A test. Just something to see if it worked or was her imagination. Rayo… I’ll “call” if anything happens… please trust me…

Nodding Rayo backs down; reclaims his position of vigilance. Armina releases a quivery breath and opens the door, casting a shaky, thankful smile at the lightning WaveMaster.

She has no intention of going far, but the scent of the Grunty farm is enough to cause her to go further than she originally intended. I almost wish we were back in MacAnu… I could immerse myself in the waters of the canals, free from prying eyes…

Not that there were any eyes at all, not from players at least. There are no others walking the paths of Dun Loreag. The Server Shutdown was too recent. Armina is not thinking about that now, however. Nor is she too terribly worried that an Admin might come and accost her. No. She is thinking back, remembering the fight between her & Rayo & their tournament opponents. The one had known Rayo, but Desmith had known her. Only she had not known they were acquainted until the very end of the fight. Armina remembers Ryan’s parting as if it was happening all over again.

From within his armor Desmith pulls out a brown paper package, tied with a string. Sitting up warily, he thrusts it into the LongArm's free hand. Rubbing the back of her hand across her eyes she looks at the parcel quizzically. "You always did love that song. Open it sometime. It might be useful to you."

“Favorite things”? Armina hums the song to herself absentmindedly, fiddling with what’s left of the “brown paper package tied up with string” that Desmith had handed her at the end of their tourney fight. It was open now, the glowing orb inside of it feeling somehow smaller than she remembered it being when first it was uncovered. huh? What’s going on? Ryan, what did you give me?

The LongArm half expects to hear his voice responding in her head, much as she had heard Rayo’s & Argilus’ during the fight. Silly girl, Ryan said he was going to try to leave The World, remember? He probably can’t hear you. And that’s if the other hackers let him survive.

Armina tries to remember exactly when she pulled the sting, releasing the sphere from its paper protection. Let’s see… I was still dizzy after our fight against the hackers, then I watched the rest of the fights… then Gingi won & Nall disappeared… Garaa threatened us… we ended up here, in the Theta Server. I didn’t really have time to open it up during any of that! So it had to be after…

I spoke of my theory that Nall got us out of the hacker server & then I left the others to think. I found Rayo with the boy, Falcon, & Gingi invited him to join us… & I wandered alone for a long time after that…

Even as she was thinking now her hand had inadvertently slipped into her pouch & was playing with the orb inside, feeling the warm smoothness of it. Her eyes widen & her humming stops. That’s when I opened it! While I was walking! Before the Administrators’ announcement & before the fight!

Blue eyes blaze with revelation, happy to have reached at least some kind of verdict. So that’s when I opened it… but what is it… what did it do to me? Is this orb why I can communicate like I did during our last fight?

It pulsates warmth into her caressing fingers, almost in answer. Pulling it from her pouch it pulsates & glows, its colors swirling warm & golden. It looks like a molten Milky Way… or like swirling pools of gold…

Warmth trickles through her hand & up her arm, tingling all the way to her head. At once her mind feels clearer somehow; as if synapses in her brain that had never contacted each other were allowed to communicate. As if they all knew the right things to say. Is this my present, Ryan? Are you giving me in the game the answer to my secret desire? That wish I’ve held close to my heart for so long? We used to talk about it, you and I, when things were still sweet between us. Have you remembered for so long?

Again the globe swirled faster as if responding to her unspoken questions. It was even smaller now. Soon it would probably disappear into nothingness. What then will I be able to do with this “gift”? What are the limits of this hacked telepathy Ryan has bestowed upon me?

She has returned to the hidden door of their new hideout unintentionally, as if her subconscious knows that there are no more answers for her to learn alone in the deserted streets of Dun Loreag. As her conscious catches up to what her unconscious has already concluded she opens the door & steps inside. Nodding to Rayo as she passes, Armina plops exhausted on an available bed… not even checking to see if it was occupied or not. Completely fatigued from both the physical fights & the mental meandering, she sleeps soundly through everything, noticing no one either coming or going. When she wakes it will be to complete refreshment, but until then she is oblivious to the goings on of her friends.

Her last thought as she drifts into dreamland -glowing orb pressed close to her heart- is how she will have to remember to go shopping before they involve themselves in their next big adventure!
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:23 am

Xeromessia stood in the hideout, separating himself from the rest of the group. He needed to sort some things out, and it was necessary that he think alone to do so.

He loved this action. This group, these few warriors who struggled desperately...and almost futilely...to keep the world generally safe for the inhabitants of the game...they intrigued him greatly. Although given at times they were not very organized and every person seemed to want to do their own separate plan, on the whole it appeared that they had created a special bond amongst one another. Xero didn't expect to be accepted into that bond; he was, after all, an outsider.

He also was angry at himself for his performance earlier during the battle. They had won the fight more or less, but...he could have done better. He needed to become stronger, faster, and in every way more powerful than he was. And the only way he saw that as happening...is if he kept fighting. So, he knew that from now on out, he would stick by this group...for better or worst.

This cat-creature-pet-monster of Nall’s irritated him, although he was in debt for his invaluable service he rendered them. Everything was just so confusing...he wanted someone to do something, to go somewhere, to fight something...that was the way a warrior defined himself, as someone who excelled in battle.

He looked up sharply in time to see Kurai storm out of their hiding place. He smirked to himself; Kurai was a good fighter. They had fought together during the fight against the hacker, and they had performed pretty well. He hoped that Kurai felt the same way. He remembered Zavier's old party; Tirath, Rayo, Wanderer, and others. He didn't know if they would once again become the fearsome group they once were, but if they did, Kurai would definitely have to join their ranks.

He got up, watching the other players talk amongst themselves, some doing as he was about to do, making their way towards the opening. He wanted to get some fresh air, stretch a little...but, most of all, he wanted to make sure that he was ok.

Xero strolled into Don Loireag. He didn't care about the scenery or buildings; they didn't matter to him at the moment. All he cared about...was if his powers were back to form. He slowly felt around his dragons, probing the minds of each one, making sure that their powers were still healed. He finally settled on the dragon that worried him and called it to him. Within moments he surrounded by that dark green glow, and moments later he was the Wood Dragon Warrior. Everything felt fine.... except...

Xero's eyes widened as he felt his control over the dragon slightly glitz. For a moment, he lost a small amount of control over the dragon, sending him back to his normal state. His eyes narrowed as he tried to reason this occurrence. "What did that stupid admin do to my Wood Dragon?...no matter, it will heal in time."

Xero took a deep breath, looked around, and waited for something...anything...to happen.
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

Falcon
Player

Post by Falcon » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:11 am

Falcons hair was finnally doused. He slowed down and lied down on a couch screaming out to Nayru.
'Meanie dragon-cat whatever you are!'
Nayru stuck out it's toungue at Falcon taunting him more. The small boy and the dragon definatly didn't start out on happy terms. He spent the remainder of the time on the couch. Grumbling and unable to sleep he simply watched everything as it was happening. The longarm Kurai took a temper tantrum and attacked Nayru, which Falcon didn't care, Nayru deserved it. Afterwards he stormed outside with a couple players following him. There wasn't too many players left in the hideout now... many of them were off walking the streets of Dun Loireag doing whatever. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the enthusiastic Hijinx.
Hijinx wrote:Waking suddenly, hijinx sits up in her make shift bed and snakes her head around, holding on to the net hammock as she looked around. Her eyes glowing bright white she scans the room for the one heat signiture that mattered at the moment. It was fairly easy, what with him being so small and new. dropping down and landing lightly, hijinx quickly reaches falcon.

Placing a hand on his shoulder, she shakes him and whispers to him. "Lets go, i have a lot to teach you and very little time in which to do it. Trim those clothes of yours, they'll only be in the way. I'll go inform the cat, everyone else should be able to rest well." Slipping across the room stealthily, she reaches naryu. "The small one is going for training with me, tell them if they ask." Nodding in irritation, it turns around and tries to bite her as she pats it on the head and refers to him as alpo. "This is your last warning. Keep that up and i will roast you on a spit. Now go deal with your worthless training."

Grabbing falcon by the arm, hijinx leads him outside. Leaning down to his level, she warns him in a mild tone. "Don't tell anyone what we do in our training, kapeese? If you do, i'lll box your ears everyday for the next month. Lets go, we're going down there." Pointing down the slope, she waits to see if he's willing to follow.
Falcon looks at hijinx. From the battle she seemed to be just the type of fighter that could help him. He nodded reluctantly as he was still shy but followed Hijinx down the slope.
'Umm, so what are you going to teach me Ms. Hijinx?'

(OOC: omg, sorry for the patheticness... I've been hung up on homework for the past few days, evil teachers :P I'll try and post somthing better tommorow or the day after.)

*~>Equipment<~*
Sotetsu | Ring Mail | Guard Cap | Silver Bracer
*~>Techniques<~*
Flame Dance | Tiger Claws
*~>Items<~*
1 Assasin | 2 Resurrects | 2 Speed Charms | 2 Knights bane | 2 Raging Earth | 2 Ice Floe | 2 Gale Breath

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:45 pm

Covering her ears and grimicing as if in pain, hijinx shakes her head furiously to shake the "Miss" out of her skull. "Not misses, just hijinx. One second, i have to fix this." Kneeling in front of falcon, she reaches deep into her pockets, fumbling around almost comicly. Her hand actually goes so deep into the pocket, her arm more or less disappears in it's entirety. Giving up on the first one, she reaches even farther down the second, up to her shoulder in fact, and amazes falcon, as her hand doesn't come out the leg of her pants. Grinning triumphantly and in a most satiated way, she pulls a small bundle of light rope from the depths of her eternal pocket of mystery. Cutting some peices off, she puts the latter half away and procides to tie the sleeves and pant legs of the tiny twin-blade up, putting them out of his way and allowing his feet and arms to be seen, also keeping him from tripping over himself. "Perfect. What i'm going to show you is how to use the weapons to their full potential.Now first order of business; to make you respond faster. Ready set go!" Pushing him off the edge she waits a second to follow falcon as he trys to keep his feet moving as fast as the ground is coming up to meet him on the vertical slope. Calling down from behind, hijinx gleefully comments on how well he's doing and not to trip, as it might just hurt a bit at the present speed.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:33 pm

OOC: I edited my last post so that it would go along more with what Kurai had said.......
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Nall

Post by Nall » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:23 am

(OOC: Gomen... sorry about the wait for a post from Nayru... My computers been down for a day and a half and I've been soooooooooo pissed >_<;; anyways, just a note to people. This is going to be a longer intermission between feilds since it's an important one... There's no point in sitting around, develope your character and interact with people)

Nayru glared around the room, looking half disgusted at what remained of the party. He couldn't even count the number of people who trusted him on his one paw. Some, namely Kurai, had threatened him and attacked him. Nayru was angry to say the least. The only one to show a slight compassion towards him was the wavemistress Gingitsune. The smal creature sighed and flew off his perch on top of the book case and to the middle of the room.

'If any of you half-wits are looking for me I'll be around town talking to people... I should be back soon, with everyone else... whether you go out and do your own thing is your choice... anyways, I'm out, later.'
With that the flying cat left the hideout...

<------------------------------------------------------>

Rayo and Gingi were talking. Their conversation ranged slightly but remained basically about why they played The World and what they were fighting for. A tiny pair of ears was listening in on their conversation for quite some time.

"You’ll need to decide for yourself here who you will trust, and what you’ll value. I wouldn’t count on that dragon personally though, not at all really. If you want to keep true to yourself, you should decide now.”

Nayru decided it was time to blow his cover with a flamewave heading straight for Rayo's head. Rayo had time to dodge it as Nayru was far enough away from him.

'RAWR!!! I save your pathetic life and THIS is how you treat me!?'
Gingi and rayo stared suprised at the tiny dragon who wasn't flying, just on the ground. He appeared to be just a cat on the ground... It took a second to sink in. Save their lives?

'What do you mean? You mean to say you saved us?'
Rayo asked out to the tiny creature pointing his wand towards it, not thinking it was safe to let his gaurd down to a fire breathing cat. Nayru stuck out his toungue at him.

'Yes I did! And you're lucky too or you would be dead right now! This is twice now I've saved your sorry behind...'
The tiny creatures wings spread out and lifted him off the ground. He flew up towards Gingi. As first it looked like he was going down her top but before Gingi could bat it away its paw came out with the necklace.

'See this? This is Nalls necklace! I'm sure you know that... It's a very special necklace... But all you need to know about it right now is that it can serve as a teleportation method to each of Nall's hideouts on each server... However, it has to be activated by his program, ME, to work... I activated it during the Yamiyo tournament and against Kamui...'
Gingi and Rayo peered at the tiny creature. What he was saying made sense in a way. Rayo was still uneasy about him, while this only reinforced Gingi's thoughts towards him.

'Look you block head! I can do this the easy way or the hard way... Since you wont trust me, I'll FORCE you to trust me... You and your group is at a stand still and don't tell me otherwise... You have next to no knowledge of how twilight works, next to none about the hackers, and no clue what your next move should be. You're running from the admins, you're running from the hackers. Your group is falling apart even more then it already was sparated and worst of all for you, your little leader hero is gone! Whether you want to or not, you have no choice but to trust me if you want to survive...'
Rayo was taken aback. He didn't like the creatures threatening voice, though it seemed to be his personality. He took a step towards the cat-dragon and looked at it carefully.

'And you can help us with all us this I suppose?'
Nayru laughed and flew over so he was a few inches away from rayo's face.

'I know about twilight... I know about the hackers... I know what you can do to beat them... I can hide you from the admins and while you rest... And you've lost Nall, but I can be your new eyes... You want to know how Nall got all his information? Thats right, it was me, I was his program. I analyzed everything, I know everything there is to know about this game, even the rebuilt monsters... And if only to do Nall's bidding I'll bring this group back together and set you straight... if you fail after that... then you deserve nothing but death.'

The creatures tone was no longer loud and sarcastic. He was dead serious talking to Rayo. He floated there, still inches away from his face awaiting his response.

Argilus
Twin Blader

Post by Argilus » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:14 am

Argilus made his way towards the three who were creating loads of noise. His body was shaken, at first he thought he was dead, the amount of power the previous enemies had produced had him in a whirl, and the next thing he knew he was warped into another hide out.

What ever that little ugly creature there is bickering about, make it stop. It’s quite annoying and that thing makes no sense what so ever!” Argilus yelled in a lost voice. He wasn’t sure what had really happened. His mood had shifted just as the area around him shifted. He didn’t understand why they were talking about Programs and about a game? He just thought they had a different way of thinking then he did.

Yes, it was apparent, Argilus had lost his mind, in a different sense. He had only the memories of “The World” and seriously believed he was even born in “The World” All this talk about Hackers and Admins, were translated as a group name or code names. He was falling more and more every second in to this false reality, which was becoming all too real.

Argilus moved on and almost bumping shoulders with Rayo, and making his way over to where Kurai had left. Kurai who was practically yelling out loud at himself, and everything was seeming a bit stressed. Of course he’d been through a lot of strain. Argilus walked closer to him but at a distance.

Kurai, I’ve known you from the beginning. I even somewhat believe you are right in your statement. I know now isn’t the best time for me to interact, but listen. Right now I have held on to my goal ever since I can remember, and I want to reach it. These people over there…this group isn’t going anywhere. If things don’t turn for my own benefit I want …. “ Argilus cut himself off short for he noticed Falcon glancing over at them.

That child… “ Argilus thought. Bringing up his right arm he set his hand over one of the twin blades he still carried. Taking the unannounced discovery to a forgotten fade.

I will discuss this with you later.” Argilus whispered.
I'll be there by your side
in the land of twilight
in your dream I will go
till we find the sunrise

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:19 am

Rayo glared back at the tiny dragon. He trusted it even less now. It had decided to spy on him. He could understand why Gingitsune was did so, she was curious. This dragon though didn’t seem to have a good reason he knew of. What was with people spying on him today anyway? Then there was the fact it had fired on him. True, he had been able to dodge and avoid any flames from impacting him, but it had opened fire. That seemed more like a bullying approach than that of one who wanted to help them. He simply hadn’t trusted it since it they knew no hard facts on it and as a computer AI, it wasn’t a person like any of them. He wasn’t going to trust a program too far. Isn’t this place after all, The World, known for being hacked in so many ways? How did he know this creature wasn’t controlled or would be at one point? The creature had stated itself it was going to “force them” to trust it. He didn’t like its attitude. It also claimed to have an abundance of knowledge.

“In terms of information, you only told us now that you were the one. If you truly wish us to trust you, and if you really do possess all of that information, why don’t you share everything with everyone? Trust works both ways. Its hard to see the big picture without all of the data. I’ll understand if you decline, just realize I won’t be able to fully trust you if you refuse to tell us information because then I’ll have to wonder why.”
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:21 am

"You’re not getting away from me Kurai." Vera said as she growled and walked into the fog bank to hunt him down. "When I find you, we'll play a fun little game. Cat and mouse you could say." she said quietly as she wondering through the fog

"Now, I wonder why Kurai would want to get caught, I mean does he want to be like Kayin, or maybe." Vera said raising a brow with a smile "Kurai, is helping the admins. It all makes sense." she said looking around.

"Hey, Kurai! I figured out your plan!" She yelled out as she looked around. "Kind of stupid to side with the admins, but I can see your like that." she said high as she looked around in a circle as she smiled

"That's why you tried to kill me huh? Did I do something, or is the staff afraid of me, or maybe you are. Figures you men are always like that." Vera said laughing as she put a hand to her head "Men, your all afraid of us, is that it. Figures that you’re like that." she said smiling as she ran her claws over the top of her wand, causing it to spark slightly
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:34 pm

Gingitsune smiled and crossed her amrs, leaning back against the wall and watching the heated argument contently. Nayru was defending himseld quite well, even against Rayo, and her faith in the little dragon was postively growing. She almost allowed a giggle to escape her as Nayru addressed the dignified Wavemaster as a 'block head' but managed to turn it into a small cough. After a few more minutes of spectating, she stepped forward swiftly, ending up directly between the two debators, and snatching the little creature in mid-air, and mid-swipe at Rayo's face. She held the struggling dragon lightly with both hands, until it finally met her eyes.
"Nayru," she started, "for some people it will take some getting used to before they acknowledge you as an ally. Some of these people have been hurt- no, all of us have been hurt by our enemies before, and some of us have let that hatred sprout distrust and suspicion. I can speak only for myself when I say that I sense you are sincere. My senses have never proved my wrong, and I believe you Nayru, for all that that's worth."
Her hands moved expressively as she talked, and now she made a broad, fluid sweep, indicating the group, "I can't speak for everyone, for, as hard as I try, I do not know everyone as well as I should, and they do not know me. So, perhaps, even in this group there is some distrust. However, I trust in my team members, and I trust you. As foolish as it may sound, I believe in innocent until proven guilty... But, if you break my trust Nayru, I will never forgive you." Her eyes flashes at the end, and her words had a vehement quality to them. If there was one thing that Gingitsune hated, it was betrayal. Her trust, once lost, was very difficult to get back- and her vengeance was severe.
"Time Nayru," she said softly to the dragon, as a soft breeze blew between them, "give them Time."
With a smile to Nayru and Rayo the Wavemistress turned away from the pair and headed down an adjacent, dark alleyway. She walked down the long passageway for some time, until she finally sat down against a wall, propping her wand up next to her, and closed her eyes. All of this reminiscing around her was making a flood of her own memories come back to her, and no matter how much she tried to surpress them, they had finally edged their way into her thoughts.

flashback

She had been a confident beginner when she had first entered Mac Anu, perhaps overly so, though she didn't show it through braggery like a pair of newbies she passed near the gate. She kept to herself and worked her levels up slowly, without a team... until one day.
As she was muttering softly to herself, furrowing her brow to come up with a good word combination, the large Heavy Blade of a player stopped inches from face, cutting her short in mid-step, and barring her way.
Gripping her wand, Gingitsune spun around to face her attacker, only to find herself tete-a-tete with a grinning, brown-haired player. "Aren't you a little low level to be going out alone to that field?" he said, having overheard her final selection, then pulled his blade back and slung it roughly over his arm. "I can handle it..." she said shortly, and tried to continue on her way, but the blade swished dully back into it's place, inches from the tip of her nose.
Gingi's eyes narrowed slightly.
"What do you want from me?" she asked, "Stop harassing me and let me go on my way!"
"What's your name?" he asked, in his calm, quiet, cheerful and infuriating voice.
"Gingitsune. Now will you let me go? I don't have time for this"
"Alright Gingi," he said amiably, "I'm Pferos... I didn't mean to hold ya back" he said, suddenly gripping the bulky sleeve of Gingitsune's outfit, "but that field- Gingitsune- that field is suicide."
A bewildered expression transfigured Gingitsune's face- how could he look so serious? It was just a game. She suddenly wished that all of these damn freaks would leave her alone. "I've chosen this field, so if you'll excuse me, I'd like to keep playing this GAME before I have to log off for dinner..." with that she warped to the field, leaving the Heavy Blade wide-eyed with concern.
Something was different, definately, she thought as she warped there.
For one- it seemed to be taking quite a long time, and, though she wasn't sure, the warp tunnel seemed to be a different colour...
Seconds later she emerged in a strange, and beautiful field. It was a deep, dark forest like nothing she had ever seen before, and in what looked like the exact center, was situated a sprawling white medieval fortress with flying blue banners.
From all around her came the sound of singing birds, then a tell-tale crunch of leaves from the forest around her. In a flash she had her wand ready to attack, and in that same instand a pack of Blademasters- highly altered Blademasters- surrounded her.
"State your name, and identification number." one of them said, stepping forward. He was a large man that reminded her greatly of a snake, and had one tattooed darkly in red across his chest.
Gingitsune held her ground, and straightened her back.
"Gingitsune, and none."
"Trespassers are not permitted in this field. All who disobey this law will be exterminated permanently Gingitsune" as he said her name he spat coarsely on the ground next to him.
She had gotten the field name from the BBS, just a random post she had read and remembered...
Each Blademaster stepped forward a few steps, weapons drawn and ready for attack.
Gingitsune prepared her own attack, though she knew that they were a much higher level than her own level 5...
The snake-man charged first, her spell had no effect on him whatsoever, and just as he was about to strike a powerful blow he was deflected and thrown to the ground.
In front of Gingitsune stood Pferos, no longer grinning. His face was somber and authoritative, and his appearance was as much altered as those of the Blademasters, though somehow more regal.
"Nakos, leave her alone, she is here with me."
"Oh... yes, yes sir, as you wish..." Nako had picked himself up, and now stood in a reverant salute to his master, the other lower rank Blademasters knelt on one knee in obeisance.
Gingitsune's eyes widened as she glanced from Pferos to Nakos... Where was she?

(I'm continuing this post later, it's gotten a bit long, and I have to study for an exam tomorrow :cry: !)

Zavier_D
Awakened Player

Post by Zavier_D » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:23 am

Don Loireag was indeed a beautiful place. Xeromessia loved how the paths led every which way, and they offered him the chance to be free. For some reason Vera was chasing after Kurai, although it was quite obvious that he needed time to himself; they all did. She was even going as far as to say he was siding with the admins...he didn't know what her deal was, but he didn't want her messing with Kurai. She would need to be careful, because prying too much sometimes could be...fatal.

He heard loud voices a short difference from where he stood and walked towards them. As he neared the place, he hid behind a stack of boxes and crates and peeped between them. His eyes confirmed what he had thought; that stupid cat-thing was talking with Rayo and Ging. He was talking about trust, saying that he had saved them from...a tournament?

Xero didn't care. What interested him was Rayo's expression. Absolutely no trust mirrored in his eyes at all. He had changed a great deal since he and Zavier and others had done the "Job" quest. But, people always change; hopefully this was for the best.

He was bored of sitting there listening to the conversation. He decided, instead, to go talk to Vera. He walked over to her, and as she kept screaming things to an apparently absent Kurai, he walked directly in front of her.

"Why are you so intent on disturbing his personal meditation?"
Level:33
SP: 170
Skills:Rue Crack/Rue Revolver/Ap Ganz/ Rip Synk
Equipment: Heavenly Sword/ Grand Armor/ Forester Helm/ Rusted Hands/ Flare Guard/Thunder Cloak
Items:1 Sprite Ocarnia/3 Healing Drinks/Komura/Head Gear/5 Ressurect/2 Knight's Bane/1 Vak Rom/1 Rue Rom
Dragons: Wood, Bronze, Iron, Water

http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/DIVER ... c=6055&hl=

Nall

Post by Nall » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:32 am

Nayru glared from Rayo to Gingitsune. As she walked away, her words rang in his ears.

"Time Nayru," she said softly to the dragon, as a soft breeze blew between them, "give them Time."

Nayru eyes narrowed into tiny slits. He screamed out in frustration to Rayo and anyone else in the near area.

'Time? Distrust? You guys are pathetic! I'm sure the only reason Nall put up with you was because he thought he could do everything himself, it didn't matter if the group was organized or not... BLAH, I wont stand for it though! The only way you're going to defeat twilight is if you combine your pathetic little skills together!'
Nayru flew around angerly, sparks and embers spiting from his mouth. He stoped flying for a second with his face flushed with anger.

'I've had enough! You want time? YOU'VE GOT 6 DAYS! Consider this your first mission from me... In 6 days, I want everyone who is willing to give me their full trust in the hideout... If they are not in the hideout, that means they think they're an expert on this and they can go die or most likely get caught by the admins as their character data will be wiped from the barrier control, meaning you can't hide in our hidout...'
Nayru's voice was stern.

'Not only do I want you in my hideout with full trust in me, YOU ALL HAVE TO START GETTING ALONG AT LEAST A LITTLE BETTER! Trust some people! Geez, you're a team not a bunch of enemies! I expect ALL of you to get to know each other better and to know where you're goals and views are derieved from. And when I return to the hideout, I will ask you all a very important question... The question is, "What is your purpose in this group? What are YOU trying to achieve..." You have 6 days to think about it... if you cannot by the deadline... you will have no group with me...'
Nayru began to fly away but stopped and looked back one last time.

'Make sure everyone knows what I've just said... And I'm dead serious about what I say... You all think you're hot stuff, competing in the tournament and fighting against the hackers and winning... Wanna be let in on a little secret? The hackers have been toying with you for a very special reason! It will backfire on them if you follow me... However, if you think that you can just go up and attack the hackers even after leveling up to 99 you're dead wrong... You don't even have enough strength to beat the late kuja... You must understand that in your situation, the hackers hold ALL the trump cards! And you've lost you're only one... and by the way, you wont last long without Nalls hideout for protection... whether it's the hackers or the admins that get you...'
With that, Nayru flew off out of sight.

(OOC: 6 days is actually true ^^;; I'm gone till wednesday, so you have this time to do exactly what Nayru told you to do)

Falcon
Player

Post by Falcon » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:42 am

(OOC: sorry, argilus, Hijinx is throwing me off the hill right now... hehehe)

Falcon eyes were wide as he was launched down the side of the vertical slope. His feet could barely keep up with fast moving mountain side. The fact that he was accelerating didn't help.

'Hiiiijjjiiinnnxxx!! Are you trying to kill meeeee?!'
Hijinx laughed as she ran behind him. Falcon was trying desperatly to keep his footing on the steep slope. His keen eyes spoted a protruding rock. He managed to quickly move to the side of it so it would not disrupt his footing. Another came, and then another... He desperatly tried to dodge them, which was terribly difficult since he was almost falling, not running down the slope.

'I don't think I can keep this up too much longer Hijinx!!'
His eyes widened as he saw up ahead an almost imposible spot to run over in his current state. He gulped imagining the pain that would most likely ensue.

(OOC: Yes it was short... but there's only so much you can say about falling/running down a cliff ;))

*~>Equipment<~*
Sotetsu | Ring Mail | Guard Cap | Silver Bracer
*~>Techniques<~*
Flame Dance | Tiger Claws
*~>Items<~*
1 Assasin | 2 Resurrects | 2 Speed Charms | 2 Knights bane | 2 Raging Earth | 2 Ice Floe | 2 Gale Breath

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:45 am

Nighthand woke up in time to see the little dragon launch his tirade about six days. then, after the tiny creature had left, he shrugged and left the area.

shrugging off all questions, he went in pursuit of a tool. he was after the second of the powers of the seraph. he had heard a rumor some time back, that just now sprang to mind as a possible location of the next power. so after it he went. he reached the chaos gate, and warped to a field,

Nighthand found himself once again confronting the Chaos Gate. He had heard of a rumor that a player had found a rare pair of boots that made his leg armor defense incredibly high, and the boots themselves could not be damaged. This was the closest thing that he had heard of to a Seraph power, since he left the shrine, so he decided to follow up on it. He found the player at the Chaos Gate, surrounded by rare item hunters offering him gold. He consistently refused, and one by one the hunters left in despair, in search of more money to offer him. Once they had all left, Nighthand approached the player.
“If you are another of those hunters, buzz off. I’m not selling.”
“Oh no. I’m not interested in buying your shoes. I’m not so petty. Besides, I have one of those special items myself. Mine is called Unbreakable, and it takes the form of this sword.” Nighthand gestured with his sheath. “And I can tell you of more, if you care to visit a field with me.”
The player stood a moment in thought. Finally, he decided.
“I will go with you. If I can get any more of these items, I’ll be even more famous.”
“Heh. Is that all you care about? Fame? It’s highly over-rated. I was famous for a while, myself.”
“Really?”
“Come.”
Nighthand put in some random keywords and stepped through the gate. The other player followed.
If I can just get him to understand, even if it’s lies… Nighthand thought to himself. He glanced quickly down at the boots.
The boots are called Super Boots, Nighthand. Said a voice in his head.
What? Who are you?
I am the owner of the boots. The origin of the power. I am Maken.
I see. And when I take back the power, you will disappear, like I assume what happened to whoever owned the power of unbreakable?
I will not disappear. I will be placed in the altar to await the return of the Seraph.
Who was the owner of the unbreakable?
Zeit.
Nighthand looked at the boots. They were made of a red leather, matching the outfit of the player wearing the completely.
How can I get the boots from him?
That if your job, not mine.
Helpful disembodied bastard, aren’t you?
It didn’t answer. Nighthand continued to think. Finally he decided to come out and speak.
“Listen, I have something to tell you.”
“What is it?”
“I am on a quest to collect sixteen powers. I have one, and you have one. I know the full details of the quest. You don’t.”
“Where is this leading?”
“I need those boots.”
“Why can’t you just tell me about the quest, and we do it together?”
“I can’t. The system Admins told me not to. To be completely accurate, I shouldn’t even be telling you this. I am risking deletion right now. But then, so are you.”
“What! How am I risking deletion?”
“By having the boots. The Admins sent me to collect all the powers and bring them to one place, where they can seal them. If I can’t collect the powers, then either they will cause some kind of instability with the game and take it offline, or the Admins will come in blasting, and delete anything suspected of having one of the powers. Including the players.”
“Why don’t the Admins come and get the power themselves?”
“And let the rest of The World know about them? It would be too risky. Also, there are hackers looking for the powers too.”
“Hackers? Admins and Hackers?” Hell, you can have the damn boots; just keep me from the hackers and Admins! I just wanted to play a game here!” He unequipped the boots, and pulled them out of his inventory. Then he threw them at Nighthand, and equipped a different pair of boots.
“What am I going to tell the item hunters about this?”
“Anything you want. Just don’t mention the Admins or the hackers, because by doing so you become their target. Say that a hunter from a different server bought them. Then they’ll go off after the hunter, and not you.”
The player nodded, and gated out of the field, leaving Nighthand with the second of the powers, Super Boots. He equipped them and looked at his feet.
The boots had been bleached a perfect match of silver to his pants, leaving him looking as if he had the default armor of his type. Satisfied, Nighthand gated back into Dun Loiraig.

Now with the boots in hand, Nighthand immediately entered the keywords to the Seraph’s altar and gated out again.

He arrived in the middle of the ghost town, and it was only a short walk to the altar. He found the small girl waiting for him.
“Did you know I was coming, or do you sit here all the time?”
“I knew.”
“I thought so. I have the second power.”
“The Super Boots.”
“Yes.”
“Touch the altar.”
Nighthand reached out, and touched the altar. He felt a surge of power flowing through his body from his feet, out through his hands, leaving him. The altar’s light pulsed twice, then faded once again to barren stone.
“The power of Super Boots had been returned.”
“Can you tell me the names of the remaining powers?”
“Only a few. The powers of Unbreakable and Super boots have been returned, so I have gained the knowledge of the remaining armor powers. There are three more armor powers. Emperor’s mail, Crown helmet, and Mega hands.”
“Emperor’s mail, Crown helmet, and Mega hands. All armors, all hard to find. At least now I have a name. Not that anyone else will.”
Nighthand glance down, and happened to catch a glimpse of something black on his wrist. Pulling back his sleeve, he saw a tattoo of a sword the length of his forearm, the point at his writs, the handle at his elbow.
“What is this?” he asked, showing the girl.
“The power of Unbreakable. It suffuses your sword, and your body. You are marked with each power you acquire.”
“What about the boots?”
“Look.”
Nighthand pulled off his shirt, searching for the tattoo of the boots. He found it, a small shoe-shaped image on his bicep. Satisfied, he put his shirt back on. Checking his inventory, he found the boots were gone. However, his own normal boots had been transformed, and now were silver as opposed to the original leather brown. He still had the power, though the boots themselves were gone.
“Well, now on to the next power. I think I’ll go after the Mega Hands next.”
Nighthand turned, but the girl had gone. He shrugged. He was used to her now. He walked back to the center of town, thinking of how to lure out whoever had the hands. Then he gated out and returned to The Highland Root Town.

(OOC: kind of a long post, but that's because this doesn't really fit in subs, due to no action. so i put it here. some of you may recognize it as an almost directly ported chapter from reparations, but tha's because i made the story of reps to parallel this one as much as i could. so yea, here it is. the time this 'takes up' is one day, out of the six. so if that matters, you can't talk to me for the first of the six.)