Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:08 pm

"Kitty! Look at the pretty kitty! We have a pet guys!" Hopping around sparaticly, hijin quickly reaches he dragon, and, much to his annoyance, pets him. Glaring and screaming , it fixes it's fur and swats hijinx's hand away. "Stop that! For the last time, I'm not a cat! I'm a dragon! Now show me proper respect!"

:D Laughing like a child, hijinx grabs nayru and squeezes him tight. " Awwwwwwwwwwwww it's so cute! It even has temper tantrums! Want a treat cat? I think i have something you might like. Is beef jerky ok?

"Shut up! Get away from me! I said let go!" Blasting a jet of flame from his mouth, nayru attempts to scorch hijinx. Not noticing the cat's preparation to fire, hijinx lifts him up in to the air, making him scorch the wall instead. "What a nice little ball of fluff you are. You even have wings too! Come on guys come pet the cute little kitty cat. He's so cool! I wonder if he's been declawed and nuetered?"

Wrenching for hijinx's grasp, the creature retreats back to his original position and screams at the top of it's lungs. "YOU ARE BY FAR THE MOST ANNOYING "PERSON" I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF MEETING! NOW FOR THE LAST TIME I AM NOT A CAT! CALL ME A CAT AGAIN AND I'LL SET YOU ON FIRE! NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Grinning, hijinx shrugs and pats nayru on the head one last time. "What-ever you say kitty. I'll have to find you something to eat when i go out for breakfast tommorrow. Night! I call the ceiling!" Pulling a hammock from her pocket, she repeatedly jumps off the wall untill the hammock is securely fastened to the ceiling. "Good night everyone!"
Rolling over, hijinx immediately falls asleep, and never notices the 2 health drinks that fall out of her pocket.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:39 pm

Kurai’s anger was understandable. It was hard to trust the small dragon at all. Rayo certainly did not. He brought up some other good and valid points Rayo had considered as well. What were they to do, what could they be expected to do? He didn’t agree with everything Kurai said, or more accurately, one phrase.

He called it their “story.” This imprisonment, could it be summed up so nicely as a story? A child’s tale where in the end the good live and survive while the evil disappears. They weren’t perfect people. They weren’t saints out to save the world from some evil. All they wished to do was escape this place. Did they care about the majority of the people who could potentially become stuck in the game? If they did get out, and no one believed their stories, would they pursue the truth and make it known to all no matter what? They weren’t heroes…but neither were their opponents truly villains, were they? To name their opposition villains, they needed to know whom they were opposing. Was it the hackers ho they were against? That specific group which included individuals like Royce and Kuja. They were now called hackers themselves, weren’t they? What if those others had started out like them, trapped in The World. Maybe their only way out they new of, was limited. Maybe there was only a way to get a few people out. In that case, they fought against them so they could be the ones to leave this place. But what of the System Administration? They were chasing after them with force and had come extremely close to succeeding. He still didn’t quite know how they managed to survive that encounter in the first place. They were simply doing their jobs though, right? They didn’t know they were trapped. They were trying to eliminate hackers. Did they know of the possible effects in the real world? What would they gain by blinding chasing after either group anyway?

Who was…who was his enemy? The hackers, the administrators, who? Was there someone else he hadn’t even met that truly was the one that troubled them? The only enemies they needed to face were those who truly needed to be defeated. The problem was he didn’t know that either. There were too many things, far too many things he either didn’t know or possessed no control over to change. He was losing control…no, that wasn’t right. The correct thing to say was that he had no control to begin with. Before he knew it, hackers were popping up left and right in this game. He should have taken those as warning signs and avoided this whole occurrence. Not long afterwards, he became trapped in this game and associated with the group that was gathered now. Several hackers had tried to eliminate them for one reason or another. Before long, the administrators took interest in their existence and decided they weren’t fit to live anymore.

Who had the right to make such a decision? Who gave them the right to extinguish their lives for their own reasons? Didn’t they have the right, as living beings to exist in…in the World? That one significant word. It paralleled the actual plain of existence, didn’t it? It was a world developed for their mind. A place where the mind could run, and do things it normally could not. Now, it was that to a greater extent. It became the true place they existed, not the fantasy like it used to be. If this was the new place they existed, why should they bother to try and leave. Maybe it would be best to simply accept it as their perpetual way of life…

No! There will be a time when they leave and resurface in the place where they were born. Even so…it is beginning to become a part of them…a part they can’t just separate when this ends…when it ends. He wouldn’t quit it. He had some strong motivation to continue this way of life, this way of “play.” Those who had seeked to destroy him would cease to exist and be vanquished from The World. They would find their punishments carried out in due time. Closing his right fist slightly firmly, tightening his bones, a small crackle of electricity almost emerged. They would find themselves at the end of his wand one day…anyone who got in the way of his resurrection for selfish reasons was his enemy. All he needed to do now was find out who they were…

Even if he was able to determine who his enemies were, what about for the opposite? Who with him was truly a friend? He only met them all after this had happened after all. Many of them he knew very little of. He hadn’t counted on them to survive and the same for their situations. Who had he actually trusted in the thick of combat…when their lives were on the line…who did he actually trust to help him live…

He watched silently as both Kurai and soon Kayin left this new hideout that was supposedly safe. What would happen if the enemy captured one of them? What if Kamui was still waiting out in the courtyards of Dun Loireag? Would they risk their lives to rescue them? It had been done once for Kayin already. Would someone be so foolish to be caught twice? Most likely Kayin still wasn’t fully recovered from his last abduction. Kurai, would he experience that as well? He wished he could say he didn’t care what happened to them but he did. Kurai had helped him survive that day and he didn’t wish for him to die. He wasn’t going out to spy on their activities, but if something were to happen, he would be there. He didn’t care if he would be too weak to beat someone like Kamui if it came to that. It wasn’t whether he would be able to or if it was pointless. The fact was the action meant more than the thought of it.

Gathering up his new wand, he nodded to Gingitsune and took leave. He opened the door and walked out into from behind the grunty farm. After noticing how little the activity was in the region, he proceeded past by quietly crossing the bridges linking the farm to the rest of Dun Loireag. As he passed by the chaos gate eventually, he stared at it shortly. That was probably their only way out of this root town. He hoped nothing would happen to disable it again. As he quietly pondered these thoughts, a player had warped into the area at the chaos gate. The player was ignoring him and cursing his situation. He pulled what looked like a golf bag meant to carry golf clubs off his back and threw it to the ground. He seemed to be looking for someone to complain to.

“I don’t believe this! I just don’t believe this. All I want to do is buy a simple ceramic anklet! I ask my friend for a small loan and he gave me this piece of garbage. I’m only three gp short of the armor. Hey,” finally noticing Rayo, “You have cash right? Give me the gp I need and you can keep this.” Rayo found this player to be pest. He was about to just walk away when an idea came to mind. Tossing the three gp at the player, he watched him warp off to Mac Anu to make his purchase. Rayo picked up this bag and slung it over his shoulder, why not? This could be the most convenient way to carry all his wands around at once. It would certainly lend itself to numerous strategies…
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:01 am

As Rayo turned and gave Gingi a nod, Tirath wondered what he should do now.

Kurai is off on his own now and I can't have that, but if I leave then who will be left to watch the others.......

"Gingi i'm sorry, but I can't let Kurai go off on his own like that. I'm going to follow him, don't worry i'll make sure he doesn't see me. I'll see you guys later" he said turning toward the door. "Oh and Gingi, please don't let anyone leave alone, its just not safe....."

With that he was out the door and set about tailing Kurai, taking care to keep his distance. Still he had the feeling that his presence wasn't so undetectable as he thought....
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:41 am

Gingitsune nodded at Tirath's request, though she knew that if anyone wanted to leave, she'd allow them. People sometimes needed some time to themselves, though it was true that there was danger- but would the try kidnapping again? Gingitsune doubted it, the hackers had a certain level of pride, and she didn't think that the admins would go quite that far. The admins seemed to her like the British redcoats, ready to fight, but in a nice, obvious, open way- they didn't seem the type to resort to extortion and kidnapping.
However she decided to respect their fears, and, gathering herself off the bed, sat down at a small chair near the door. The desk was across from a desk that she began to examine. It was a simple computer desk, wooden, with a pull-out keyboard tray, and some filing cabinet-style drawers down one side. It was almost bare at the top, containing only an empty picture frame, and a small envelope. Gingitsune smiled slyly, if this hideout was theirs now, then all of the possessions included were theirs also. She sliced it open deftly with one fingernail, and pried the piece of paper out of it, glancing around to make sure that no one was looking.
The paper was small, and covered in a messy, scrawling handwriting...

(oh no, I have to go, I'll finish this post tomorrow alright? I'm sorry to have to do this!)[/i]

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:19 am

Kurai stood up high on a rocky mountain top, the Treeweaver held loosely in his fingertips. He stared out into the distance, the night sky all around him. It felt good to be enveloped in the calm and soothing darkness of it all. Feeling the wind on his face, Kurai slowly reached up and brushed away the hair from his face. Kurai felt a sharp pain every time his heart beat, the pain of the tainted blood passing his scar.

Kurai cursed at himself, at his weakness. He already knew he could never show any of the group of his wound - They would all sympathize, and waste their time trying to fix something that would forever stay broken. And anyways, he could already notice its effectiveness in battle - He seemed to notice so much more, and do more than he had ever imagined.

He heard a noise far out from behind, and Kurai gripped tight to the Treeweaver. It seemed to move on its own in his hands, pointing out who he was looking for - A pursuer. Kurai closed his eyes, and crouched down a bit, whispering the spell of Ap Do under his breath.
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:41 am

Vera stared out at the rocky mountain tops as she sat outside the hideout taking a long deep breath as she watched Kurai “Idiot” she said under her breath still watching him ever closely

She quickly jumped to her feet as she followed closely behind him, keeping her pace quick enough to follow the long arm, but not enough to get caught if he turned around.

She continued her pace as she stopped and watched him, her ears picking up the words under his breath as she looked around trying to keep herself on guard incase someone was following him, or he turned on her thinking she was an enemy. "Damn, he's high strung." she said under her breath as she waited ever so patiently for him to move.

”What is he waiting for?” Vera said quietly as she sat down and watched Kurai closely, still peering deeply at him. She sat down softly as she watched more, she hadn’t heard anything since he had stopped; she was starting to assume he was insane
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:02 pm

Nighthand sat alone in the corner of the new hideout, his eyes closed, his mind furiously active.

how can i have been beaten so easily! i was like putty before the admin. i need to be stronger. I NEED TO!

his thoughts circled. always about strength, always about the need for it. and this time, he did not have the comfort of the voices to help him along.

trying to change the vein of his thoughts, he looked up. he saw the small creature Naryu sitting on a shelf across the room.

"Do you think we can trust it?" asked Ramza, once again next to him.

"Does it really matter? it seems to want us to believe that he was made by nall. and really, if you look closely at the body and mind, it is a fairly colse resemblance... but it matters not. it really can't harm us. it is only one, and we are many. not even the strongest of Admin's could defeat us completly. what could this little thing possibly be able to do?"

other than keep track of us for the admin's, and summon them when we are most vulnerable...

(OOC: first post all weekend. i go home for my birthday, and find out that my connection at home was screwed up, so i couldn't get online. but oh well. it's kinda short, but that's because of class.)

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:00 pm

Kurai had taken off rather quickly as soon as he left the room. It was all Tirath could do just to keep him in his sight. It hadn't been long, atleast he didn't think it had been. The mountains and trees blocked the sun and it was difficult to tell.... As he reflected on this, his eyes drifted to the leaves of the trees and the beauty of the forest, when he suddenly realized Kurai was gone!

Where could he have gone? I just saw him there a min ago.......

Slowly he begins to move forward, not wanting to go to far and run right into Kurai. Suddenly he saw movement behind a tree, not a great movement, but that of someone perhaps shifting their weight.....

Well what good is hiding going to do me.... I have a feeling he knows I'm here anyway

Slowly he crept up to the tree and the patch of high grass that lay around it. Pulling the grass aside, he finds Vera sitting, intently looking at something not far away. She lets out a gasp, being surprised by Tiraths sudden appearance, but finds his hand over her mouth before she can speak and whispers to her.

"Shhh, don't make any noise. Thats Kurai out there isn't it..... Oh sorry" He said as he finally releases her and he she stares daggers at him.

"Has he just been sitting there the whole time?"

Suddenly Kurai's gaze wanders over towards the tree and stops there. Tirath's heart stops for a painful few seconds as it rises into his throat.

"He knows we're here......"
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Kurai
Long Arm

Post by Kurai » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:30 pm

Kurai dashed out, The Treeweaver held tightily in his hands, as he moved silently across the ground towards the both of them. Kurai pulled his arms back, and sliced through the tree they were both hiding behind, yelling in rage as the two scrambled back. The tree faded into data, and Kurai stepped up on the stump; Tirath unsheathed his Oval Sword, and stepped in front of Vera.

"What the hell do you two want?!" Kurai's eyes almost seemed to glow red with anger, his mouth upturned into a snarl. Vera was shaking, Tirath started to speak, but never let down his guard.

"I chose to watch over you, since you stormed out of the Hideout! We cant afford to lose anyone to the Admins or Hackers! Were fighting a battle, and you just blow up when we need stability!" Tirath hoped that would knock some sense into the obviously angered LongArm.

Kurai let out a breath, and spun the Treeweaver around his hand, then resting it to a non-agressive position. Tirath let out a sigh; Vera was back to her normal self, giving Kurai an angry glare. "I... am sorry. Kurai lowered his head; The Treeweaver turned dark black in color. "Sorry for what I wil have to do."

Tirath's eyes widened, as Kurai sped towards the both of them, spinning the Treeweaver around in his hands. Tirath held his Oval Sword out to parry Kurai's upcoming attack, but the Ap Do coursing through Kurai's blood gave him the advantage. The LongArm knocked Tirath's sword out of the way, and shoved him out from in front of Vera. She stumbled back, falling down to a sitting position, as Kurai pushed the Treeweaver down to Vera's neck. About half an inch away, it stopped. Kurai looked down at her, and shoved forward with all his might on the Treeweaver.

Nothing happened. The LongArm's weapon wouldnt move. Kurai looked at the Treeweaver, and noticed its flush green color, the rosy red blade burning bright as usual. He immediately seemed to change gears: It was as if he just blinked away his anger.

Kurai spoke in a very calm voice. "Dont go poking in other's business. It's rude." Kurai slowly turned around, and walked off into the distance.
-/Treeweaver//Hunting Guard//Spirit Hauberk//Cave bear Hood//Time Sandals/-
-/Juk Doom//RaJuk Rom//MeJuk Kruz//RaJuk Zot//Dek Juka//Phal Repth//Rip Synk//Ap Do/-

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:54 pm

"I'll poke in the business of whoever I choose. Plus why would we want you to get caught, your stronger then most of us." Vera said licking her lips as she got up "By the way, you ever attempt to kill me again, and you'll get a nice heart ripper by my nice sharp claws." she said again as she scraped her claws across her Inferno Wand as it seemed to spark

"So why are you out here, if your willing to tell without getting hurt." Vera said with her nose parked up and she glared at him. "What your going to try and get yourself caught, is that it? Hmm well answer me little boy." she said running her claw along his face as she ran another along his throat, "So you wanted to kill me, that's not very gentlemanly of you, ass hole." she said still running her claws over him.

"Ap Do." Vera said slowly as she continued looking at Kurai as she enhancement rushed through her body, "My hacks are far from cosmetic. These claws are sharper then anything you can imagine, and I'm faster then any class of my level. So still want to kill me, our speeds are near matched, you're only a bit faster then me." she said cracking her neck as she looked around.

"So answer me now, why are you out all alone?" Vera said again as she looked around and saw the lack of Kurai "Crap!!"
Last edited by Vera on Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:12 pm

Waking suddenly, hijinx sits up in her make shift bed and snakes her head around, holding on to the net hammock as she looked around. Her eyes glowing bright white she scans the room for the one heat signiture that mattered at the moment. It was fairly easy, what with him being so small and new. dropping down and landing lightly, hijinx quickly reaches falcon.

Placing a hand on his shoulder, she shakes him and whispers to him. "Lets go, i have a lot to teach you and very little time in which to do it. Trim those clothes of yours, they'll only be in the way. I'll go inform the cat, everyone else should be able to rest well." Slipping across the room stealthily, she reaches naryu. "The small one is going for training with me, tell them if they ask." Nodding in irritation, it turns around and tries to bite her as she pats it on the head and refers to him as alpo. "This is your last warning. Keep that up and i will roast you on a spit. Now go deal with your worthless training."

Grabbing falcon by the arm, hijinx leads him outside. Leaning down to his level, she warns him in a mild tone. "Don't tell anyone what we do in our training, kapeese? If you do, i'lll box your ears everyday for the next month. Lets go, we're going down there." Pointing down the slope, she waits to see if he's willing to follow.
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:12 am

"in life it lives a shrouded dream,
a dark and dismal depravity
cloaked in the perfect threads of fate
that chronicle the small and lonely deaths
of bloodless creatures, lost to the darkness
who is to say what evil is?
who is to say what darkness does?
tho is to chronicle the life of the dark beast
swallowing light as if for humour
swallowing life as is for sport
who is to break the threads soaked in darkness?
wo is to luminate the world in the purity
lost in the belly of the burning beast?"

...understand that I do not write poetry, simple as that. I found this written somwhere, though I have quite forgotten where.
Understand, and meet me there Nall, we shall see what comes of it, bring what we talked about, do not forget it! There is something important here.
I have searched for it, and believe, no, KNOW- I know that it is here, yet it is hidden from me. It is hidden to all that I bring here...
Are you sure of it's power?

-M.

Gingitsune bit her lip as she read and reread the note.
Who was M?
What was IT?
What was hidden?
Where was it hidden?
And what was Nall supposed to bring?
She rummaged through the desk some more, pulling out only air from the many drawers and corners of the desk. She put her head in her hands and sighed. The note had only made her curious for more,and now that the clues inside the hideout had run out, her lungs began aching for some fresh air.
She folded up the note and stood up, tucking the small piece of paper deep into her obi, and putting on her most apologetic smile.
She turned towards Asgard who was pensively leaning against a wall, lost in thought, and made a small noise to get his attention.
"Asgard... I'm going to take a quick walk outside- I need to buy something. Please, don't let anyone go after me, I can truly take care of myself, alright?" she bit her fingernail, debating whether to tell him about the note, and deciding that it was no her own secret, something that she had to do for herself.
After an affirmation she smiled again, and turned toward the door, disappearing as she moved her slim hand over the large door knob.
Seconds later she found herself in the middle of Dub Loireag, which was now bustling with fervent activity. Long Arms, Heavy Blades, people of all classes were running across the city from shop to shop, stopping each other for a word or trade. A small Wavemaster stopped Gingitsune, asking her to trade him her old wand for a piece of low level armour, and Gingitsune shook her head, and continued on her way.
She searched throughout the city, looking for anyone with a strange face, or suspicious motives, yet found absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. School children, adults, teenagers, all just working for higher levels, chattings, and buying scrolls. Nothing to aid her at all in her search.
She turned a corner swiftly, dragging her wand around to keep her balance in the sharp turn, and found herself in an isolated, empty part of the root town.
She was behind the wall of a shop, concealed, yet able to see, when crouched between a few barrels and urns.
At the end of the path stood Rayo.
Gingitsune struggled with her conscience for a second, and then overpowered it, she decided to stay and watch. After all, they knew so little about Rayo, how could a little more information hurt? He was one of the most elusive of their group, and she had barely even grazed the surface of him. She crouched down lower, ducking her head out of view. If one had looked closer, he would have seen two sharp, glowing violet eyes staring through the space between two large barrels. One arm firmly planted in the ground, and one gripping her long wand, set at an angle. Her tail swished from side to side, and her mouth curved into a curious smile.
What would Rayo do if he found her here?

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:23 am

ooc: Note, some flashbacks are new and some are really old posts, I’m giving my spy a full viewing though.

Rayo stood quietly as the breeze tosses his hair about and almost threatened to rip off his bandana. He was waiting for the wind to calm down slightly before he began. He decided in the end he would let Kayin and Kurai do, as they would please to do, he wasn’t a babysitter. Since he was out of the hideout though, he should at least get some quality training time in. He stared out into the vast reaches of the root town. There didn’t seem to be any real limit to this place like Mac Anu. It was the perfect place to simply consider everything and consider everything that had happened. How he had he become a hacker at all anyway?

Flashback

He walked over towards a blinding light. He opened the door that the light was shining from, glaring from. A dragon of pure electricity was blackened a gray and bound by iron chains.

“This dragon is long dead, is this what we were seeking…?”

Rayo leaned to it and touched a symbol beneath the magnificent beast. The dragon disappeared in a flash of light.

“So, you did survive…”

The blademaster stepped in that very moment.

“You beat me here, fast huh? You were lucky…where is it? It should be here…the…power…?”

The disappointed blademaster charged and shoved his sword into Rayo and had flung him. Rayo was almost gone and on the ground. Suddenly, out of the shadows the light of the dragon appeared and shot itself at Rayo. The lightning bolt hit Rayo’s right hand. The peal of thunder burned into his hand until it glowed a light hue of sun gold. A crackle formed in his palm. Light gathered into and transformed into a thunderbolt sphere sitting in his hand. Rayo looked surprised but a phrase instantly appeared on his screen, “Immolating Rai Wave…” Rayo felt a surge of power rushing in his grasp. He knew that Julian was approaching, and Rayo would live . Rayo concentrated, channeling all of his energy and SP into one potent force. He aimed his aim at the hacker and shouted, Immolating Rai Wave! The blast zoomed out of his limb and stormed across the room. It melted through the player completely. All that was left was a bit of dust. The smoke cleared and Rayo fell back down on his knees. He tried to catch his breath. He was completely exhausted. [/i]

“He is gone…at last….he’s gone.”

End of Flashback

But it hadn’t ended there, had it? The hacker hadn’t left him alone after he had gained that ability. He was persistent to attain revenge and deny Rayo that power. He had humiliated him in combat…

Flashback

“Now...you are not worried. So what if you get hurt here, right? Well, no longer! Now you can too feel this pain in reality as well. It’s not a game anymore, is it? You are not alone in this feeling though. You are neither the first nor the last in this chain. Despise me for this...I don't care. How could I affect your attack you wonder? I am the hacker you defeated. You first used that blast on me so it was only fair for you to be affected the same way. Revenge is so sweet, isn't it? That power I dislike though, I think I will transform I into something else, to teach you a lesson..........Your power is gone now. Now all that is left...is that little sphere of energy. Do with it as you wish.”

End of Flashback

Even that hadn’t ended it. He had released the energy remaining in the orb he had nicknamed Shard and used it to defeat Julian when he chased after him a few weeks later to exact his revenge. He had thought it was wasted but it had instead left an effect. He had channeled the orb’s energy through the hand that had been used to perform his original electric attack. It had further deepened the hacking in that right hand of his though. He found that out soon enough…

Flashback

It was horrible, simply horrible. He had been killed not once, but twice. He had let Banshaku finish him two times. That was not forgivable. He needed to become stronger before he became a weakness for this new group of he was in. He decided to try and relax by performing some light training. He had been making that a daily routine of his, a habit. Even if people claimed it had no effect on your performance in The World, he disagreed. You could always improve through training…

After firing off yet another Rai Don down the water of Mac Anu from a deep corner within it, he felt a little twinge, a spark perhaps. He had been feeling it for quite a bit now. Ever since his third encounter with Julian…

He twisted up his hand to examine it. It looked perfectly normal at least. After flexing his wrist, he was sure something was up. After a bit more persuading the hand to react, a noticed his bolt twisted around and curved around a bend…had he done that? After a few tests he realized that the mark of the dragon was still with him. Even if he couldn’t summon electricity because of it, he could manipulate electricity because of it.

End of Flashback

The wind had finally calmed down. He set the stones along the edge of the cliff he had gathered earlier and simply waited. Quickly enough, the wind picked up again and all twelve stones were blown off the cliff downwards in various directions. Tapping his wand on the ground, he prepared his spell. “Rai Rom.” After calming stating his spell to help initiate it, he waited that split second for twelve glowing lights to race down from the sky. As they reached where he was, he thought out their movements and they complied rapidly. They rocketed down in various directions, each one aimed at a different rock. Each one hit the rocks at precisely the same moment and the shattered remains plummeted below. It was a decent improvement. They had responded to his commands as quickly as he thought of them. And yet again all hit their marks, the precision had improved to nearly 100% at this point. He was proud of the progress being made in such a short time.

As he didn’t feel like gathering any other stones, he simply stood in place and let the wind blow. He had other things to take care of now as it was other than training.
“Hello Gingitsune, can I help you with anything?” He kept his back turned as he spoke to her. He wasn’t quite sure why she was watching him but whatever her reason was, she wasn’t good at hiding. The sound of her tail was a dead give away.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:04 pm

Gingitsune stood up quickly, only at the last moment realizing that the small swish of a tail that she took for granted could be heard. It was awkward remembering small things like that, especially since she didn't have a tail in the real world to worry about.
She brushed the earth from her hands and skirt before saying anything, and when she had finally sent the last speck of brown dirt back to it's home Gingisune spoke up.
"I'm sorry Rayo," she said, "I was just passing by and saw you here... you can't blame me for stopping, can you? It's my fox soul."
She smiled, and swished her tail again, as if to affirm it, sending a small breeze that shuffled the loose earth lightly.
"Rayo..." she said softly, "You don't have to reveal anything to me, to avoid being a hypocrite I'll admit that no one knows all that much about me either, however- I think you should let us know something... anything about you. Something seems to be bothering you,driving you? I won't force you to say anything, but we're a team, as lame as that sounds."
Gingitsune bit her lip and thought back to all of the time she had spent with the group, learning their stories, and keeping hers a mystery. She wasn't ashamed of her past, and yet there were some parts that would take some explaining- and she wasn't in the mood for that... yet.
She shook her head clear of the thoughts, and smiled again.
"You're getting very good Rayo, I suppose practise does make perfect- maybe I should practising some time, though I lack the motivation right now..." she sighed deeply, "All I want to do now is to reach the final stages of this game, the part where it becomes truly interesting, where everything is going wrong for the protagonists. You see, we're in a Tragedy," she said, "if it was to be classed on a literary system. Like in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare we're going through the steps- first everything was going quite well for us, we were winning our battles with few problems and complications, now a turn of events, let's say that it's Nall's death, has suddenly flung is into a very awkward situation. We're being pursued by just about everyone in the World. Now all that's left in the grand finale. Will it be a Tragedy? Or will it all turn out fine in the end?" she smiled at her dark thoughts, how long hadn't she been in school? Would she even be able to graduate that year, due to all of the school she had missed? She knew it was silly and irrelevant to be thinking of this while she was struggling to keep her own life, but these well-grounded thoughts were suddenly comforting to her... not to mention the fact that she didn't want to be in High School any longer than absolutely necessary.
She felt a hot tear form at the side of one eye as she thought of everything that was in the Real World, and she realized that she had unconsciously replaced everything, her team members were her family and friends now, they all depended on each other for everything- life, liberty, happiness...
A quick swipe of her glove eliminated the tear before Rayo noticed, she hoped, her thoughts where becoming deleterious, she couldn't dwell on them too long. She had always prided herself in being strong, and being able to stay strong in any situation. Tears bothered her most of all, and made her feel like some little girl crying over a dropped ice cream cone.
Damn it... She thought to herself, I've gotta be stronger than this.

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:43 pm

A team? Were they even a team? A team had to have a purpose and their goal wasn’t too clearly defined. At the very least, he would assume the purpose was for them to survive. The real question was, was the entire group part of this “team?” Some of them he hardly even knew. There were few he trusted completely in battle at this point.

She was asking what drove him, a fair question. Many people must have had several different reasons or thought processes on why they wouldn’t give up and die. What was his exact reason? He had a few he would suppose. First, he wanted to keep on living. Wasn’t that reason enough? If his life was ever going to end, it would be his decision, no one else’s. Another was revenge to an extent. He wasn’t going to let any of them get away for their crimes. The administrators, the hackers, and whoever else trapped them in this game. Eventually, somehow, someway, he would finish them all. He also wanted to help some of the others survive. This wasn’t the place to end their lives, not at this point at least. That was all at least part of it…

She also asked what bothered him. A few things did. The scary thing was being trapped in the game wasn’t one of them. He had adapted to it to an extent. He didn’t expect to escape anytime too soon. What did bother him was how poorly this so called team worked together. They would combine some strategies, plan a bit but had they ever sat down together and share all their information on the matter and discuss ways to escape? All they had ever done was go where the self-established leader of the group pointed them. Another thing was he still wasn’t strong enough yet. He was too weak to defeat Kuja; too weak to defeat Kamui…even his new wand would not perform its third spell.

He decided to answer partially aloud so as to not leave the area completely silent.
“This isn’t a drama though. In those, the players didn’t feel pain when they died or if they were injured, here it is different. This is real.” Noticing a single tear quickly appear and become abolished by the wavemistress he decided she wasn’t handling this situation as she portrayed it. “Listen…it could be said that there are no guarantees we won’t all just die in our next fight and no longer exist. The facts are…that could happen several more times before this ends, and even then we don’t know if it will ever end. You can only do a few things if you want to live. Hold onto your pride, stay yourself, keep chasing your dreams, and never surrender. If you don’t…your life ends in a way. Its enough for some people to just keep on living, if all that matters is that you survive, you don’t need dreams and pride. I’m not talking about physical survival though; I’m talking about mental stability. If you want that, it takes effort. It’s wiser to not give up on anything when in life. You’ll need to decide for yourself here who you will trust, and what you’ll value. I wouldn’t count on that dragon personally though, not at all really. If you want to keep true to yourself, you should decide now.” Finally turned around to face her, Rayo strolled over and leaned against the wall. “It doesn’t matter to me, I’m not stopping.”
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP