Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Theta: Lucid Arbor Illyiad | Birth of Cybele

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:49 pm

Gingitsune smiled at the people gathering around her, and stood up from the place where she had sat and waited. She greeted her team members, and before they could even begin to ask questions she had already entered the field name in, and they were being whisked away into the rings of the Chaos Gate.
Whether she was imagining it or not, it seemed that it took quite awhile longer to reach the field... and it seemed like they had changed directions a few times, going sideways, up, down in a strange complicated pattern instead of the usual brief drop.
As they finally settled, and their feet touched the ground, they noticed that they were in a pretty typical looking wood field, with long passageways shrouded in mist, and dark trees all around. Somehow, though, it just didn't instinctively feel normal, it felt dark, and treacherous...
She looked around to see if anyone else had noticed it too, and suddenly felt herself stumble forward uncharacteristically into Rayo. She straightened up, slightly embarassed and looked down at her foot... the stiletto heel from her boots had come clear off, and was lying a few feet away. She cursed under her breath, and tried to walk without it, though that was completely impossible, and then tried to hop over to it to see if it could be reattached- again no- they had no tools. Gingitsune sighed deeply, passed it off as bad luck, and pulled her long boots off, setting them near a tree at the edge of the path.
"I suppose it's lucky I had socks on..." she said bemusedly to no one in particular.
The rest of the team was looking around, there was absolutely nothing in this field, or atleast in the passage in which they were, nothing but that strange aura which only Gingi seemed to feel.
"Let's keep going..." someone said, eyeing the path that went forward, and Gingi nodded. She walked forward, shorter than before, in her white socks, and they all passed through the first passage and into the next, holding their weapons ready.
The minute they passed through into the second one, the passage behind them was instantly closed up by a thick spider's web, and Gingitsune thought she even heard the scuttle of the enormous creature as it passed stealthily out of sight. This 'room,' which was the only thing to describe it, though it was just a part of the forest, open to the elements, and full of broad-leaved trees, had seven paths leading out of it... and all of them passed into a forest that seemed to be enveloped in darkness...
Gingitsune grimaced slightly at the decision, and then, before their very eyes, seven neat little signs appeared- one in front of each path.

The sign in front of the first path stated:
'Up and Out'

The second:
'Down and In'

The third:
'Dinner & Sleep'

The fourth:
'Cold & Hungry'

The fifth:
'Eternity'

The sixth:
'Death'

and the seventh:
'Bliss'

Gingitsune examined each one, they all sounded like nonsense to her, random words scribbled on the shabby wooden signs in red paint- yet they had to make a decision. They all seemed to enter into the dark forest, and they all seemed to be going in the exact same direction for as far as she could see. She turned to her comrades and smiled, biting a nail thoughtfully.
"Pick your poison..." she said, and grinned.
Last edited by Gingitsune on Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kayin
Well-Oiled Machine

Post by Kayin » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:52 pm

Kayin peered thoughtfully at the seven signs, surely they meant something. After a short while of thought, he turned towards Gingitsune and asked "This is odd is it not? May I ask under what conditions you were to come acrossed this field? But with just the signs in mind, I'd vote for one of the paths with a mediocre sounding sign. Not to go for the better sounding one and find its a direct trap and the signs were to mislead us, or go to the worse sounding sign and find that the signs were descriptions of the paths we could have taken... Its just me but I'd have to vote for 'Cold and Hungry.' But there may be more to the signs than I'm guessing..."

Kayin glanced at everyone else that was there, reguarding them with a slight smile, and wondering which path they would be prone to opting for, as well as what they thought of his little bit of logic on which path he would take.
Level :24
Equip: Absorbtion, Raccoon Earcap, Wyrm Scale, Miner's Gloves, Mountain Boots
Skills: Groundbreaker, Dek Corv, Life Drain, La Repth, Rue Kruz, Gan Don, Ap Corv

"Give me one.... Wait! Screw one, Give me twenty good reasons!"

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:58 pm

Looking at the signs with dismay, hijinx yanks her ears down and bites her lip. This was terrible. What sick mind could possibly force them to make such a decision!

"This is probably the worst thing that could happen. I want to go to death, but if we go that way, we never will know where the other paths go! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!" Stamping her foot she makes a deep imprint in the hard dirt. Walking over to the signs she kicks the third over and sits down. Closing her eyes she refuses avidly to move from that spot so she doesn't miss anything.

OOC:Short i know, but i have a tourney to announce....
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:51 am

Kayin had some good questions but there were always so many things to consider. Who was to say the signs were truthful? A sign like bliss could be pointing them to doom. On the other hand…they could imagine they would think it was trap so they wouldn’t take it. Who put the signs there anyway? What if every sign lead to trouble? Like he knew, there were many things to consider. The only thing he imagined to make sure not to do was split into groups less than 2 or 3.

He tried to consider the best situations if the signs had any truth. The first seemed like they might get up somewhere high…judging by the area…trees or webs. The second implied stuck below in a web. The third indicated being put to sleep and eaten. The fourth suggested being frozen and attacked by something hungry. The fifth meant to Rayo, eternally stuck in the game. The sixth voiced the concern of certain doom while the last called out bliss for their opponents.

“I say we head towards death.” The fate of our enemies with any luck…no…not luck…planning and skill. “Its as good as any of them.”
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Bell, the Silver Grunty of Thunder
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic
Wishlist: YL Fukuoka, Stormlore, Winter Stone, Silver Grunty

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:31 am

Vera raised a brow as she laughed and started to think deeply as she walked over and sat down. "Well this is tough, but who knows how badly we'll get screwed if you choose." she said sighed as she turned to Rayo and cocked an eye "Umm, death seems a little foreboding.".

Thinking still she laughed slightly and popped up, "After little thought, I have chosen Up and Out." she said leaning against the first sign

ooc: Bleh I got a person over, so bleh ^^
Last edited by Vera on Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:50 am

"Guys, i think it may be different than we all thought."

the others turned to him, looking to see what the usually silent heavy blade had to say.

"I mean, look at this. there are seven of us, not counting Gingi, and there are seven signs. maybe instead of all of us choosing a sign and going down it's path, what if it means we are each supposed to take a path of our own, to test ourselves or something."

"But what about Gingi?" asked Ramza.

"Perhaps she knows something we don't. i mean, we have little explanation of what is going on here, and she seemed to know the keywords as if they were familiar, or fresh in her memory. i think she may have a special 'test' of her own." he smiled grimly.

he stepped forward slowly and came to a halt in front of one of the signs.

"I have had some experience in this area, in time distortion. so if it is, indeed, a seperate path for each of us, i choose this one."

he laid his hand on the post of the sign Eternity.

Tirath
Exalted Player

Post by Tirath » Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:50 am

"I wonder nighthand.....perhaps some of us share our fates? Regardless, I think that this would be my choice."

He walks over and leans against the "Cold and Hungry" sign.

"Kinda reminds me of myself ya know? Hungry for anwswers, with a heart of ice in battle......no? Just a thought. Anyway rushing into Death is certainly out of the question and everyone knows that ignorance is Bliss! I'd like to keep my wits about me and live with the pain that is knowledge."
Equipment: Oval Sword/ Frost Armour/ Cougar Bandana / Frost Bracer / Leg mail
Items: Mages soul, spirte orcarina, anitidote, 3 emperor soul, 10 heath potion, 5 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 5 Gale Breath, 2 Resurrect, 2 Speed Charm, 2 Knights Bane
Money: 5403gp
Skills: La Repth, Rue Slash, Rue Rom
Unequiped: Unicorn Blade(Ani Slash)Executioner(Crackbeat)

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:39 am

Gingitsune held back as the others voiced their opinions on the choice of path. All of them seemed to have valid reasons for their choice, from 'Cold and Hungry' to 'Eternity' the choices were mixed and evenly spread. She read each of the signs again, and then finally sighed, and went forward to examine them more closely.
The first sign led into a path that felt fresh, airy, and pleasant- it smelled of flowers, and other nice fragrant things, and perhaps, past the first gloom, there were singing birds and clearings.
The second path felt warm, and stifling. From it came a muggy sort of air that only Gingitsune seemed to feel, and as she closed her eyes she pictured something steamy, like a jungle or rainforest.
The third path felt cold and foreboding, it also felt completely empty. Gingitsune could sense a lingering death in the dark recesses of the path, as if a million bones were lying forgotten where some foul creature had taken them. She felt that the path terminated there, and passed it by.
The fourth path radiated a deep, dank sort of coldness, and Gingitsune could even feel a little bitter, freezing wind coming in from the path, though there was no sign of difference between it and the other paths at first glance. Though it felt dank, and cold, it also felt light, like the sun's rays were bouncing over innumerable shining snowflakes somewhere further on.
The fifth path seemed short somehow to Gingitsune's senses. It was strange how, at every sign, Gingitsune could feel the attributes of each path, while none of the others could. The path marked 'Eternity' seemed like it ended quickly, and there was something very oddly familiar about it, as if they had been there before...
The sixth path she could not feel. It was blank to her senses.
The seventh path felt warm, happy, safe, vibrant, and joyous. It made Gingitsune happy even to stand near it, and yet there was something very shallow about it...

Gingitsune stood back from the signs and looked back at the group, shaking her head softly as she told them what she had felt at each path through some power unknown to her.
"I think," she said softly, "that we must take the sixth path. All of the others paths lead somewhere settled, and yet the sixth path leads nowhere at all, so we must follow it and see where we go. Two paths are very obvious to me- 'Dinner and Sleep' leads to the feeding ground of whatever kind of creature lives here, and 'Eternity' leads straight out, and back to the path which we just came down- back to where we can gate out, and leave..."
She smiled radiantly at her team and took a step forward toward the path, "it's the unknown, the dangerous path, except we don't really know how dangerous it is!" she said, "And doesn't that always seem to be the path that we have to take- on all of our journeys?"
She waited for the consent of her team members, and then led the way up the path, and into a new screen. Beyond the sign was a small, light entryway which was covered in soft mosses. A little way, at the front, was a large tree which was hollowed out to form a sort of door. Right next to it was a little basket with a neatly written sign which said 'Please check eyes at door.'
Gingitsune stopped short and puzzled over the little sign, what did it mean? Eye exams? Optometrists? She shivered at the thought, she hated them, knew that in real life had bad eyes, and never took the chance of going one and being prescribed glasses.
Suddenly a little gnome scuttled out and stood next to the basket.
"I will check your eyes" he said, neatly.
"Umm..." Gingitsune began, "what exactly do you mean?"
"You cannot enter with eyes, they will do you no good in there, please leave them in the basket, and pick them up if you make it out."
An uproar of dissension arose from behind her, and Gingitsune swiped at the little creature with her wand, hitting him on the head.
"Are you insane gnome? Get out of our way before we flatten you and mince you into pieces..."
The walked by him, and through the door...
Beyond it the forest became pitch black.
Suddenly Gingitsune felt a constricting, sticky somethng at her neck... and found herself face to face with a gigantic spider...

(ooc: sorry about the... erm... post- but I had to write an immense essay today on the Civil War, and that's all I could think of- here's the situation, we're surrounded by giant spiders who can throw sticky web (think spider man). Let's say there are 7 spiders, they're pretty big, but not the biggest there are, and they're powerful, but not extremely so... :) fight 'em off!)

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:57 am

Vera had still been laughing slightly from the gnome's request of their eyes. But her attention had now been drawn to something else, besides the small sound she had heard from Gingitsune, she had heard a quick scussling. "Hmmm, well that's odd. Not something you'd hear in such great amounts." she said as she brought her tail back into her dress to hide the ring no one but the insane Hijynx had seen.

Vera moved slowly as she heard a small squish sound from under her foot as she tried to pick it up. "What the hell, my foot is stuck." she said trying to pull it up harder as it was brought down again. Hey eye gave a small twitch, as she looked around, not able to see anyone yet again. “Damn, I’m afraid, you guys, Is it overly dark in here to anyone else?" she said as she got a small response as she gave a sigh of relief and brought her wand down by her foot. "Vak Don." she said as the small ball of fire came from the sky smashing into her foot as it burnt the substance away. As the last illuminations of the light from the fire went away Vera, started to cry as she backed up and looked around.

"I'm afraid, my imagination is playing tricks on me." she said as took a deep breath and walked back out slowly, only this time she came in contact with something rather hairy. She tried to scream but the fear she had seen only made her quake in fear. Not many things could scare Vera to the point of being quiet, but what she had just ran into had scared her beyond all normal reason. ~Wow a big spider, a very big spider.~ she thought trying to calm herself down as she lifted her wand up slowly and closed her eyes as she listened to the movements.

"BiVak Rom." she said the flaming spell encased the creature for a moment making it dart off for a small moment as she listened more. There were a lot of them, enough so everyone would be in trouble. Spiders had never scared her when they were little, but these were large and looked like they were hungry. ~I'm going to need to be able to avoid these, but who knows what power they might have.~ she thought to herself as her wand was ripped from her hands by a spray of sticky webbing. "Well that answers my question of their abilities." she said looking around.

The hacks on Vera that were caused by the virus in her character data, had not only altered her appearance but also a lot of her stats. These had helped her during the tournament as well as other times. The only hack upon her character that didn't help her in someway, were her eyes. They looked like cat eyes, but she could see in the dark as well as anyone else. She figured since she was pretty much blind in this fight, that her ears would have to work for when the spider would attack her. It seemed that certain skills would provide a small amount of light, but not enough to help.

Vera sighed as she looked around still searching for her wand as something came to mind as she heard the spider's movement again. She would need to avoid them the best at possible, but without her wand she would have to rely on her claws. Sure they were sharp and deadly, but she was actually afraid to touch the spiders. "Ap Do" she said as the silver crest appeared over her and gave her a small bit of light for a moment. The small bit of light allowed her to quickly locate her wand, if she could get it free from the webbing, she would have a better chance to win.

Rushing over to her wand she quickly slid and grabbed at it. It was stuck that was for sure and the spider was coming to get revenge. Vera quickly thought of a way to get her wand free as she smiled and extended a claw and sliced the webbing off a small portion of her wand, just enough to get it out, but not enough to get her claws covered in webbing.

Her plan was to wait till the spider came to her, so that she would use another BiVak Rom on it. She didn't know how many times she'd have to repeat that action, but it seemed to be the only sensible one, with the exception of her trick. She knew that if worse came too worse, she'd have to use her tail ring again, like she did against Hijynx allowing her a magical and claw attack. The spider wasn't near as tricky as Hijynx either, so she had a feeling that it might work if not she was going to be dinner.

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:56 am

Nighthand entered the room only a pace behind the others.

suddenly plunged into darkness, his first reaction was to freeze. then Vera's spells illuminated the area briefly, and he saw for the first time what they were fighting.

Spiders. several of them, he could tell, but the brief flashes of light didn't allow him to get a good count.

nighthand closed his eyes, focusing all his energy into his hearing. but still, it didn't help him. but he wasn't called Nighthand for nothing.

using a subtle trick with his sword, using the Magnifier's fire magic, nighthand channeled the energy. instead of the fire energy leaving the hilt of the sword and wrapping itself into the blade, he made it instead flow into his body. specifically, his eyes.

Where did i get this ability? i never knew i could do this, but it somehow seems so natural... he mentally gave a shrug.

he opened his eyes.

now, instead of a pitch black room illuminated by a few flashes of fire, he could see. not very well, but well enough to not be caught completly by surprise at a spider.

unfortunatly, the fire vision was draining his energy, and it was a strain on his mental facultys. they would have to end the battle quickly, or else his vision would give out entirely for a time... and that would not be good.

Nighthand held his sword out in front of him, ready for an attack. he would not be able to use his fire magics now, but he could still use the sword.

leaping forward, he landed several feet in front of the nearest spider, and hit the ground in a roll. coming up underneath it, he slashed at the underbelly of the beast. ichor spilt over him, but he continued his roll. once out one the other side of the monster, he drove his blade into it's back and jumped on top of it.

the spider tried to buck him off, but it was neither as strong as, or as large as the reiketsu they had fought when they battled Melzas.

(okay, if any of the mods don't like this new 'ability', then go ahead and delete the post. i'll write up something new if that's the case.)

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:04 pm

It appeared they were heading to death. It was his first choice anyway; he had no reason to complain. He considered complaining once they reached the gnome though. What a silly little gnome. Even if their eyes would be no help to them, that didn’t mean they would trust them to that tiny gnome. His information was valuable though. It implied it would be very dark. Free information, even if it wasn’t confirmed, was useful to an extent.

It took only moments for his eyes to quickly become worthless to him. That didn’t matter. Wasn’t he the lightning mage? His spells would all give him a certain amount of light to work with. Suddenly though, they had many creatures to deal with. A flash of light, thanks to Vera no doubt, revealed seven fairly large spiders. He wondered if any of the veterans of the group would use any of the strategies they had used on that large spider from the ice dungeon. While he hadn’t been there personally, Rayo had inquired about their earlier journeys and had gained a wealth of knowledge on these matters from all the others. He was tempted to flare up and send lightning bolts at all of them at once. That would accomplish two things. First, there would be light. Second, using that light, he could accurately guide bolts of lightning into each and every target. It didn’t seem prudent though. To rush ahead and use the first idea that came to mind wasn’t rational. He would save that for if anyone else got into trouble and needed immediate support.

Rayo executed his other strategy. No matter how many approaches any enemy could take, they had to move or move something. Even if it were only a web strand or a rock, he would hear it. He wasn’t going to rely on sight but rather sound to avoid any complications. Besides, it wasn’t like he hadn’t fought in pitch-black areas before. Rayo had done it before. He could do it again.

Waiting quietly in one spot, no wand drawn, Rayo waited quietly. Soon enough he could hear a spider scampering over towards him. It couldn’t see the gleam in his eyes as he leapt at just the right moment. He had bent over slightly while twisting sideways to make any guess on where he was going practically impossible. He wasn’t going for height in this particular jump, just for some room. He heard something rustle as a bit of dust kicked up from the failed lung of the spider. It had blown dust into the air and something was reacting to it. It was so obvious, leaves. That meant there were branches, and trees as well. Feeling out with his left hand, Rayo grasped onto a short branch and pulled himself up it with his continued momentum. He rolled over and onto it and waited for the spider to try and strike again. He didn’t care how much power these monsters might have if they couldn’t hit him with it.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP
Skills/Spells-Shocking Arrow of Voltage(30), Arrow of the Burning Stars(10), MeRai Rom(40), Rai Kruz(10), La Repth(20), Rip Maen(40), MeRai Kruz(20), GiVak Kruz(20), MeRai Don(20), Rig Saem(15)
Weapon/Armor/Book-Golden Royal Bow/Thunder Torque, Thunder Cloak, Able Ring, Ivory Greaves/Thunder Magic

ramza
Exalted Player

Post by ramza » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:35 pm

ramza admired the scenery, and then was disturbed from his peaceful state for a request for his eyes. how odd. he disregarded it and walked past the enfuriated gnome, without even looking at him. when they walked in, it was nearly pitch black, with a very muggy, thick air.

(splash) he felt a drop of something sticky land on his back. he quickly lit up his new wand and looked up, now with a decent amount of light. he was shocked to see spider webs all over, at least 5 ft big each one, and giant spiders crawling on them. suddenly a spider looked at him, screeched and spat out some webbing, which caught on to ramza. he quickly burnt it off of him with his wand, and began throwing out shocks of lightning, at the spiders, knocking them down to the floor.

each was at least up to their stomachs standing on 8 legs and moved quite quickly all around. screeching and spitting out more webbing.
Rod of Darkness(Custom)
Night Cloak(Custom)
Dark Vest(Custom)
Red Beret(Custom)
OrmeAni Kruz, ani rom, meani zot, ani kruz
ola repth, rip maen
Ap anid
Dek anid
Level 28
700gp

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:29 pm

Gingitune shuddered softly at the thought of all of the gigantic arachnids surrounding the group. She usually didn't mind spiders, but then again, none of the spiders in the real world were quite this big- and, if even the little ones tried to touch her, she had a habit of squashing them.
A small gust of air shot past her where her head had been a few seconds before, the shot of web only slightly grazed her cheek, and there left a disgusting little streak of stickyness.
She brushed it off impatiently, and adjusted her eyes to the darkness, they were surprisingly good, no doubt thanks to her fox alteration, and with the blazes of light that Rayo and Vera were contributing, she got a feeling for the enemy.
The spiders wouldn't be difficult to defeat, they weren't powerful, and their strength came from their ability to swiftly move in the shadows, and their sticky web. Gingitsune shot forward, her bright violet eyes scanning the path in front of her until she came up to one of the enormous spiders, scuttling around in the battle. She came forward and raised her wand in attack, calling out her attack.
"MaRUE ZOT!"
The attack blazed from her wand the second that the ring on her finger glowed brightly, and with a sickening crack her entire wand split into two and fell into pieces from her hand.
Her face became a distorted mask of shock. Her wand was gone, her weapon... She had not saved any of her other wands, and she somehow felt that even if she had, none of them truly fitted her...
The ring glowed even more brightly now that the wand was out of her hands, and suddenly a small key appeared in her hand, tiny and golden.
She grimaced and threw the key into her obi, like that was really going to help her against those damn spiders.
The spider that she was about to attack suddenly turned on her and clicked it's large jaws together. It rushed at her, and Gingitsune could only duck out of the way swiftly, and land a sharp bare-footed kick upon it's head to push it away. The minute she touched it, however, the ring again blazed with warm light, and with a terrible, unhuman scream the Spider bucked back. The black, shiny darkness in its eyes transformed into a blind milky-white, and the large spider retreated into the forest, screaming its misery.
Gingitsune sighed, "well... that got rid of it..." as she looked dejectedly as the broken pieces of her Dark History.

Rayo
Exalted Player

Post by Rayo » Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:09 pm

Why the spider didn’t want to crawl up the tree after him was surprising on its own. It seemed content with launching small webs at him constantly. Most were simple to avoid. All it took was a shift of the head or a gentle hop further out onto the branch. On one or two occasions, pulling a smaller branch in front of him by bending it did the job.

His second surprise soon followed. He witnessed the Dark History split into two. That was a rare weapon, one of the stronger wands around for the server they were on. It hadn’t seemed likely to give out. Then again, if Argilus lost an arm in a fight, why couldn’t a weapon break?

Somehow a kick from Gingitsune sent her attacker speed off but without a weapon, she definitely was in danger. Even though he couldn’t see his spider and couldn’t hear it, as it wasn’t moving, he could definitely smell it. Looking down at where his particular spider was definitely sitting, he shook his head slightly before speaking to it.
“I have no more time to waste with the likes of a weak thing like you.” Pulling out his Great Elite from his bag, he pointed it at the spider and decided to try his new beast to see how it would measure up to the arachnid. A quick tap of the wand and the spell was cast. Lanceor emerged slowly above him. He wasn’t sure how it would normally look. It seemed a little distorted at first but he attributed that to manipulation of lightning and that it was simply taking the form of what he wanted it to look like. He doubted it would affect its performance at all. It looked like a cross between a phoenix and a dragon, sparks flying off in several directions and its constant radiance was lighting the whole area for at least a few seconds straight. It would accomplish its task and even give him the added benefit of some light. Lanceor stormed forward, slamming into the spider and trapping it against a tree. Hopefully it had dealt some damage. The spider would be free in a moment, as the lightning had only begun to fade.

Rayo wouldn’t know, he had started moving once Lanceor had dragged the pest out of his way. He had jumped down and ran over to Gingitsune. He pulled out one of his twin wands, his second Wand Of Storms, and handed it to her.
“Try to keep it in one piece.” With that said, he moved off to see if the spider had managed to get up yet.
Rayo
Lv.47 Archer 745HP/311SP

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:42 pm

Vera was still busy with her own spider as she saw Gingitsune's Dark History break in two pieces while fighting a spider. "Damn, that was well, damn." she said fearing that the spiders could break weapons. She quickly started to dart around again, trying to avoid the web-spewing spider that seemed to have her on its lunch menu. But she had no wanting to be eaten, well at least not by something that ugly. She had once again closed her eyes she listened while she moved slowly along hoping not to get webbed again. As she continued to walk she had bumped back into something long with tiny hairs as her ears lowered. "Damnit." was all she said as she gripped onto the spider leg and ran her claws into it as the spider let out a scream and jerk away from her. The spider may have tried to get away but Vera had a iron clawed grip on its leg. She pulled her claws out roughly as the leg made a thud against the ground and the spider another scream.

Vera had been ready for another assaults as the light of Lanceor light the area. The momentary light gave her perfect site of her spider. It was easy to find because it was missing a leg. She stared at it as she smiled and busted out into a run, quickly sliding under it. She watched Rayo load Gingitsune his Wand of Storms, this gave her a great relief as she smiled. After she had finished her smile, Vera thrusted her wand upward, as she pierced it into the spider's stomach. "BiVak Rom" she yelled as the spider let out a screech of pain. It seemed that the spell had started inside the spider. It seemed to glow an odd red, as the spell started to end. Finally after the spell reached its end, Vera quickly rushed out from under it as it fell to the ground dead.