Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Neo...
Player

Post by Neo... » Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:00 am

"You're lucky... I always feel the pain, even if I'm not touching something."

"What are you? And where am I? TELL ME!"

"... Still, I like this place. Father gave it to me as a gift... Unfortunately, this is only an illusion. The real one's been lost for a while."

"You're not answering my questions. And who's this 'Father' you keep talking about?"

"Iwata..."

Neo rested his body against the brick wall of the alley behind the magic shop of Mac Anu. He looked up at the sky as he thought of his encounter with the odd NPC known only as Vaccine. It had been awhile since he had seen that character, but he knew that they would cross paths once more. What was that place... that beach? First it appears in my dream, then in this game. He closed his eyes for a brief moment as he thought about his current predicament. I don't know if I can really call this a game anymore. Ever since the Vanguards of Twilight ran across that Wavemaster person, this place is more like reality.

The Twinblade brushed his white hair back and sighed. Slowly, he moved his right hand down his body until it was next to his Spiral Edge. The player wrapped his fingers around the blade's handle and began to unsheathe the glistening rare weapon. As the sun's rays hit the blade, it began to emit a brilliant glow. Neo held the blade's sharp tip up to his left palm. Without hesitation, he began to put pressure on the handle of the weapon. The blade ripped through the black material that covered his hands and body and pierced his flesh. "Nngh!" The Twinblade uttered a small grunt as a drop of blood rolled out of his fresh wound. I feel pain now... and it doesn't fade away. I may be able to heal these wounds with healing spell, but the pain still remains.

He gently pulled the Spiral Edge from his hand and placed it back in it's holster. Neo held his bleeding hand up to his mouth and began to suck at the self-inflicted wound. I'm not going to waste a Repth on this thing. I'll deal with it like in the real world. I should get used to doing so, since this is now my reality. He held his hand away from his face and examined the wound. The bleeding had stopped, so he wiped the small red stain from his lips and pushed his body away from the wall.

Does Iwata have anything to do with this? Did he know something like this would happen if I played this game? After all, he was the one who sent me this... destiny. Neo made his way through the crowded streets of the Aqua Capital. I have tried to find him... to find the answers I seek. Did he know that something was wrong with this world? Is that why he created Vaccine? What are his intentions? Is this truly just a game? These questions have been ravaging the player's mind ever since he first met up with Vaccine. The crowd began to thin out as Neo walked up to his destination, the Chaos Gate. If Iwata isn't on this server, I'll have to look somewhere else. I do have more than enough time now that I'm stuck here. He held his hand out to the glowing ring and cleared his throat. "Highland City Dun Loireag!" A small series of golden rings passed over his body and began to transfer him to the new root town.

Just outside of the Chaos Gate of Dun Loireag, the same rings which had taken Neo away appeared. They descended to the ground, leaving a trail of blue data in their wake. The streams of data began to flow together and form into a single shape, that of a human. The textures that made up Neo's skin and clothing began to melt over the data. Within a few seconds, the Twinblade's avatar stood on the outskirts of the new root town. The player shivered briefly as his body became whole once more. I don't like the tingling feeling that teleporting leaves behind. I don't like being able to feel all of this.

Neo held his hand up above his eyes and gazed at his surroundings. The new town looked like a large valley that had been split apart and was now being bound together by chains, ropes, and bridges as the shards of earth floated in the sky. He walked over to the edge of the fragmented earth on which he stood now. Seeing no point to moving on yet, he sat down and swung his feet over the edge of the levitating cliff. Neo lifted his head and watched as the clouds passed by overhead.

((OOC: I finally made my first post on Main... this is great! I incorporated a bit of Neo's past into the post, but I don't think it's anything that should conflict with any plot points that have been established already. And I know that everybody before me has already said how grateful they are to be in Main, and I concur. But instead of a speech, I will say a simple thank you.

... I think that might count as a tiny speech anyway... damn. Oh well. *shrug*))
Last edited by Neo... on Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neo | Twinblade | Lvl. 18 | Tiger Claws | Staccatto | Gale of Swords | Repth | Vak Kruz | Juk Rom |

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:15 am

If you're not careful, you could blink and find yourself in another place. Another time. Maybe even you'll find you're not yourself, but someone else. Time will ebb and flow like a river, but if you were destined to be, you were destined to be. That is the way of the world.

Everything about this new Root Town was different from the one Wren had become so accsutom to. The harsh winds biting at his arms unprotected from the weather, yelling taunts in his ears. It was enough to make him want, somewhere deep inside, to scream out and drop to his knees. The wind seemed to do this often to Wren. He was sensitive to the notes and tones that the wind would make whistling across his ears. Wren looked all around without moving his feet or twisting his waist at all, but nowhere did he see the sun, though it was bright as day. All around were puffy white clouds shrouding most of the area around the Root Town. All that could be seen beyond the clouds was the exuberant, blue sky. Dun Loireag was far different from Mac Anu, though. Where Mac Anu was a grounded city split up by aquaducts, Dun Loireag was flying, and separated by air. There were bridges in this Root Town, but they were very crude. Nothing more than long wood boards laid side by side, and what appeared to be the possibility of a rope bridge near the back of the town. So in truth, Dun Loireag was a series of islands floating in sync with one another. The grass upon the town was vibrant and green, very healthy no doubt. Across the wind there was that crisp, fresh grass scent. Wren recognized it from his short trip to Bursting Passed Over Aqua Field when he was supposed to fight Tsurugi. Oddly enough he remembered nothing of that duel other than the smell, and waiting for his opponent to appear. That, however, is a different tale.

Wren flapped his wings once to stretch them out a bit. Scanning the Root Town he noticed that all the shops had been burrowed into stone, possibly to protect from the winds. At any rate, it was a beautiful place. Suddenly a cloud rushed by across the Root Town clouding everything for a moment before being whisked away into the distant horizon behind the Blademaster. After the cloud passed, Wren noticed some familiar faces. There was Asura, with his cloak. They'd been through much together. It seemed like he was having some sort of issue with another player. Not so far behind was Kain, who had his sword in hand. He noticed other players, too, many of them. Though this place wasn't quite as crowded as Mac Anu. It wasn't until Wren looked stepped over to the edge of the tiny island the Chaos Gate was on that he realized why. He knew they were on a series of islands. But he didn't know that they were above the clouds. Who could possibly fathom how high they were. Of course, Wren had only two phobias, and neither of them were heights. All they tended to do was make him a little dizzy if he looked straight down from a high place. Knowing that, Wren leaned back quickly and took a few steps away from the edge.

Off to his left, towards the rest of the town (the Chaos Gate is on his right) came a set of footsteps chiding the grass as they moved closer to him. Wren gained his composure quickly and turned to see who it was coming towards him. Either to talk with him, or to use the Chaos Gate. The footsteps were now solid, clopping against the stone-set arena that seemed to only be present at the Chaos Gate. "Hello, my friend. My name is Nighthand." Wren looked to this player who'd approached him with confusion, his jade eyes had dulled out slightly so they looked more forest-green, nearing black if seen in a little less light. "... Yes? Do you ne--" As soon as he began to speak, he was cut off by the player. "And yours, it seems, is Wren. Would you care to join me in the telling of an impossible story?"

For about five seconds Wren was confused. How did he know my name? This is strange... Oh! Nevermind. How foolish of me. Character Data. I just never bother to use it, trying to stay "in character" and all... heh. Almost forgot it existed. "An impossible tale? What might this tale entail?"

"Well," began Nighthand, "It started when---" The player began to weave his web before Wren's very eyes, it all sounded quite interesting. The story in itself sounded like a much more dangerous encounter than the ones he'd had with the Wavemaster. Why was Wren being told all this? He wasn't sure. Maybe this guy just needed someone to talk to, or maybe he felt he could trust him? Who's to say? Perhaps he noticed the scar on Wren's face, or wanted to talk to 'the next guy who gates in'. At any rate, on he went about all the goings on, and he discussed his teammates. It sort of reminded Wren of the Avantgarden der Dammerung, as they'd come to call themselves. Of course, this was German for Vanguards of Twilight. Wren had always been fond of the Twilight hours of the early morning and late afternoon. The sun's set behind the horizon, but it's light has yet to be snuffed out, and the stars are just beginning to appear. It's a beautiful time of day.

As the two talked, they began to walk. Before long Wren realized that they were near the Item shop and Grunty Farm near the back of town. "Well, that's everything!" Wren was quite intrigued, to say the least. He felt an overwhelming urge to speak of his incidents with the Wavemaster. But he felt it best to leave that for another time.

Looking to Nighthand, Wren smiled. "Maybe sometime I'll tell you of an impossible tale of my own," all Wren could do was chuckle a little bit, his nose and mouth hidden by the scarf as usual. The story seemed all too impossible to be true More like something some kid who reads too many fantasy novels came up with rather than hard fact. Although Wren, too, had been on some pretty strange adventures himself. Only time would reveal the fact of fallacy behind this strange player's story.

Where are his other friends, if the story is true? And where are my friends? They seem to have disappeared...
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:27 am

Nighthand could see the bit of doubt in Wren's eyes, but he also saw that he had something of his own. he had some kind of background, that would make him a valuable asset to their team. he decided to take him in one step further.

"Well, my friend, i believe it is time."

"Time for what?"

"Well, time for you to meet some people. and first on the list is Gingitsune."

"The Wavemistress from your story?"

"Yes. if you care to follow..."

Nighthand headed off, towards the grunty farm. puzzled, wren followed him around to the backside, where nighthand stopped.

"But there's no one here."

"Watch."

deftly, nighthand tapped a rythm on the wall, in a certain spot. a door swung open in the wall, and the two walked in. with a smile, nighthand turned to the startled blademaster.

"Yes, Wren, it was all true. welcome to the hideout, and congratulations."

"Congratulations for what?"

"Becoming the newest member of our team. i mean, i'm not 100% sure that you'll join, but you seem to have some kind of impossible story of your own, and i doubt you'd pass up the opportunity to find out more about our side of the story. am i right?"

Silently, and still a little in awe, Wren nodded. Nighthand stuck out his hand, and wren shook it with a firm grasp.

Shugotenshi
Sub-Player

Post by Shugotenshi » Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:32 pm

I jumped up suddenly, my body not feeling itself. As I stood I felt the cold blowing winds cool my sweaty body. Sweat? All I did was warm myself…but I never knew you could sweat! I slowly rubbed my moist clothing wondering how long I had sat here. Too long it seems. Perhaps I should walk around to dry off; sitting here was getting me nowhere anyhow. I walked around the segmented island that I was on, examining the area. The weapon and magic shop were here, as for a few players shopping and some just talking to friends. The shops themselves looked much like those in Mac Anu, but they fit in rather nicely to the Mountain City. The stone in which they were set looked very old. It was covered in many faded symbols and squiggles. The magic shop owner was the same as the rest, some rather large NPC that stays there day in day out. I never really thought about what that would be like. Just to stand there all the time and buy or sell things. It gave me chills just thinking about it. I began to shiver violently. Maybe I should leave “The World” for a while.

My parents never did like me playing games. They always said I should do something more constructive. I try to explain to them that it’s entertainment. Everyone has something they like to do, to have fun. This was just my way. My way, and apparently many others as well. With a long sigh and another shiver I opened the menu to log out. I searched though the options, items, sounds, control configuration, but I couldn’t seem to find the “log out” option. Thinking that it was just the cold getting to me I searched again. So many options, but not the one that I wanted. I searched once more frantically. Nothing at all.

“What the hell? Gah! I’m freezing my butt off and I can’t leave.” I said aloud in anger. A few players looked at me and laughed to themselves. They obviously thought it was funny, but I’d like to see them be stuck in the cold with no way out. My mind wandered as I thought of a way to warm up. I had more important problems, but this one was important too. As I searched around I saw a group had gathered. I recognized Asura in the group, but a very strange character was standing with him. It was a cat! I heard rumors of characters with cat-like skins. Hackers some people said, others say it was a special skin you could win. No matter how the player got it, it looked very strange. It was out of place with the rest of the human players and many people stopped to look at it. I would confront the cat person, but then I would draw attention to myself. Right now I’d rather just warm up.

I walked towards the recorder in hopes that I could save and exit. The grass had a fresh sent that reminded me that I had to mow the lawn today. Too bad I have to keep playing games. I doubt they’d buy that excuse. I may still live at home, but I do the chores and help out. I wonder if my parents are bugging me. Won’t help them much, I’m stuck here. Walking along, I noticed Tempest logging in. Perhaps she could help me. I approached her as she observed Dun Loireag, hoping that she wasn’t in my same predicament.

(OCC: can't do much, brothers b-day -_-)
Shugotenshi | lvl.12 | Heavy Blade | Imp Wood Bands| Juk Zot | Mumyn Lei | Apple Pie x 25 | Speed Charm x 2 | 800 gp

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:20 am

Ever since he and his fellow Vanguards had the encounter with the wavemaster time seemed to flow ever so slowly. Before this happened he couldn't find enough hours in the day to go on an adventure or two, or anything else for that matter. Now, time slowly passed by and Lakely spent his alone time thinking of his groups encounters with hackers.

The first encounter he could remember was when he went on an adventure with a twinblader, whom later became a member of the Avantgarden der Dämmerung as well, and they suddenly were sent to another field where a hacker placed an unbeatable monster. The two were forced to run from the creature and gate out once they were far enough away.

As he sat against the wall of the recording station he began to ponder how he would be dealing with this if he were able to log out. Would he just trap himself in his room, stop playing "The World, and leave his thoughts to haunt him still? Or would he go and try to talk to a counselor or something to get it off of his mind for the slightest moment?

Lakely stopped thinking of that, for he knew that as of now there was no way of leaving this game. Releasing all the thoughts from his mind he finally felt how cold Dun Loireag really was. "Why is this place so cold? Would I have been able to feel how cold it was if I hadn't encountered the wavemaster?" He began to talk to himself and realized what he was doing, "Damn, I've started thinking about him again. Maybe I should walk around and try to find someone I know."

As these last words left his mouth he glanced up and noticed Shugotenshi leaving the recording station and walking toward the Chaos Gate over to Tempest. Wow, how unlikely that I could find two of the other Vanguards right away? Lakely thought to himself as he began to pick himself up from the ground. As he rose he picked his Absorber up from the ground beneath him and ran to where they were now speaking.

THIS SIG NEEDS TO BE UPDATED

Name: Lakely

Lvl 23 Heavy Blade (110 SP)

9,000 GP

Equipment: Life Sword, Face Guard, Wrist Band, Noble Cloak, Safety Shoes

Skills: Gan Smash, Death Bringer, Rue Zot, Juk Rom, Ol Repth, Ap Ruem

Spare Equipment: Light Giver, Absorber, Horse-Killer

Guardian: Vasuki the Naga King (Lv. 9)

Golden Orb is: A bit more intense.

Kain
Player

Post by Kain » Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:20 am

The chilling wind blew by once more, and Kain moved back from Asura. He allowed a stronger Blade Master to assist Asura. The Heavy Blade wasn’t ready to make a fool of himself in this new root town just yet, the time for that would eventually come. Kain walked off of the bridge and stood on the secure island once more. He hoisted his Stun Sword onto his shoulder, and held it there as he watched Asura. Is that even Asura? Kain asked himself as he watched the two Blade Masters hold a conversation. I don’t think he even noticed me. If he did, wouldn’t he have said something? Maybe there’s another player that looks exactly like him, there are only a certain amount of skins to choose from. Kain held the conversation with himself as he walked along the bridge, the two Blade Masters already moved on. Kain quickly glanced to the side of the bridge, and stared into the fog. It was huge, covering the whole sky, Kain couldn’t even put The World into proportion now. If this area was so big, how big were the other servers? Kain decided that he’ll stop puzzling himself more and continue to search through Dun Loireag.

Kain’s boots made light sounds as he moved across the bridge, this walk seemed to take forever. Kain glanced once more towards the Two Blade Masters, he then realized the rabbit. This was the rabbit that held Asura (or who Kain thought was Asura) off of the bridge. Kain wanted to know how the character’s skin was like that. It wasn’t the normal skin of the other characters, nor did one see many animals wandering around The World. Was this rabbit’s skin similar to that of Wren and Tempest’s wings? Kain decided to shrug this off as he continued walking; the shops were fairly similar to those of Mac Anu. At least this made Kain feel like he was somewhere familiar. The wind blew once again; this was unlike the cool wind in Mac Anu. In the Delta Server the wind was relaxing and refreshing. This wind was freezing and it had an uninviting vibe to it. Kain shuddered as he walked closer to the shops.

There were about four people standing in front of the shop, they didn’t have any intention of moving out of the way. Kain tried to view the contents of this store; it appeared to be a weapons shop. Kain couldn’t tell if there were any heavy blades in the shop. He stood on the tips of his toes, as he tried to look over the other players’ heads. When they noticed Kain was trying to look into the shop they straightened out so he couldn’t look inside. Kain slumped back down and looked at the ground. He moved his foot back and forth across the grass that covered the island. The group of players began to chuckle as they turned away from Kain, making sure they still blocked the shop. Kain figured that nothing had changed and some players would always be mean to him, so he slithered over to the side of the weapon shop. Kain pushed his back up against the wall and slammed his head against the wall of the shop. This hurt a little. Kain rubbed the back of his head with his hand and began to think. If just bumping my head a little hurt, what would happen if I die in here? Everything’s changing around me, I’m not sure what to do? Kain wondered as he fell down, and dropped his Stun Sword onto the ground, Kain didn’t plan on fighting in this root town. Kain glanced up into the gray sky, it was quite uninviting. Kain closed his eyes, not that anyone would notice thanks to the shadow that covered his face. The Heavy Blade then fell into a deep slumber.

After about an hour or so of sleeping, Kain couldn’t really tell time anymore, he pushed himself up. H picked up his Stun Sword and laid it against the shop. Kain raised his arms up high into the air, locking his fingers together. He made a loud yawning sound when he brought his arms down to his sides. Kain moved his neck from side to side, trying to relax a little. This made him less tense. He then pushed against the side of the building with his hands, put his left foot flat, and then pushed up on the toes of his right lifting his heel in the air. This exercise was to make sure that he didn’t get any knots in his legs. Kain remembered when he took swimming lessons back in the day and he hurt his leg like this. Now that I’m in The World I need to stay in the best possible shape, Kain thought as he picked his Stun Sword back up and put it on his shoulder. He walked in front of the shop, noticing that the group of players had left. Kain was going to check out the weapon shop, but he noticed Wren walking past with an unknown character. They walked by Kain and behind the Grunty Farm. Kain waited for them to return, but they didn’t. Kain shrugged once more and continued to try and find some answers to his questions.

Moving away from the weapon shop Kain walked along the bridges. Kain decided that he should check out the Chaos Gate first. This would be where he could meet any members of the Vanguards or any players that couldn’t log out of The World. He crossed another bridge; the Chaos Gate was drawing closer. Kain stopped for a moment and tugged down on his hood with his left hand, and then combed the strands of hair that stuck out of the hood. Hs glanced back at the Chaos Gate and noticed three familiar players standing there; they appeared to be Lakely, Tempest, and Shugotenshi. Kain stopped in his tracks; he remembered that Asura didn’t acknowledge him. Maybe they weren’t his fellow members of the Vanguards. He began his slow walk to the three players, waiting to see what they would say.
Kain//Level 20// Heavy Blade//Calamity, Juk Rom, Gan Zot, Repth

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:34 am

Kazuma was now drained both physically and emontionally from the recent events that occured to him. He was still in the World as the character known as Phoenix in the Aqua City Mac Anu of the Delta Server. His mind was in doubt on what to do now. He was finally reunited with his childhood friend Shinto ever since he became data from a virus. The reunion was only for a few minutes since Shinto's "World" body can't maintain stability before it becomes data again. The right thing for him to do is to help out his clan against the cat threat but something was telling him that it wasn't the correct choice of action. Phoenix felt tired from the series of battles that he fought recently and decided to go log out. He went towards the Chaos Gate and tried to log out but he was still here in Mac Anu still standing by the Chaos Gate.

Why I'm still here? I should be able to log out now. I wonder if being in that hacker dungeon screwed around with my character data. I don't think going back to my clan is not an option now. I don't want them to be fugtives from the Knights of War. I need to be far away from them in order to protect them. Phoenix went towards a building and wrote a note on the door.

To everyone:

I'm leaving the clan for reasons that I can't explain to you now. I may come back one day but I don't know when that will ever be. I left some stuff in the vault. One more thing, I give up my position of second in command and give to Hacomy. I was proud that I was a member of the clan and wish you guys the best of luck.

See you later since I don't believe in goodbyes.

Phoenix

With the note finished, he took a nail and pinned it to the door. Phoenix realized where he must go to protect his clan. Before he made his way to the Chaos Gate, he took one last look at Mac Anu. He remembered the first time that he first step foot in the Aqua City. The city's sky had a such a wonderful hue of orange and the waterways were beautiful to look at. The waterways gave Phoenix's mind a nice sense of clarity at times but he wonders now on what would give him this sense of clarity. He walked towards the Chaos Gate and said.

"Theta Server: Highland City Dun Loireag!"

The golden rings covered Phoenix's body and his body began to fade away in Mac Anu. At around the same time, three golden rings appeared in Dun Loireag's Chaos Gate and materialize Phoenix's body next to the Chaos Gate. Phoenix looked around at his new surroundings. He saw many rock formations with various different markings on them. He also noticed that he was above the clouds and a constant wind gust blowing around the root town. The blue skies had no clouds in sight and was amazed by the whole root town itself. Phoenix in the real world would have this kind of scenery later in life but for now, he was stuck here in the World and can't go back to the real world. He began to look around the root town to see the various shops that were build into rock formations. As he walked along one of the wooden bridges, he noticed a familar face in the root town. It was Wren, leader of the Avantgarden der Dammerung but he was with another player. Phoenix didn't recognize the other player but he had a strong feeling about him. He decided to go and talk to the both of them.

"Hello, Wren. It's nice to see a familar face in this server. For the other player, my name is Phoenix and may I asked what's your name is?" Phoenix said to both Wren and the mysterious player.

(OOC: The first few things will be explained later on in a subplot quest which leads up to my introduction in the main plot. It's a great honor to be accepted into main which was a goal ever since I first started at Divergence. Thank you for allowing me to be here.)
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:02 am

"Well, my friend, I believe it is time."

This certainly perplexed Wren. What was Nighthand talking about? Certainly the story was a very interesting one, but it sounded as if there was nothing left. What else could it be time for? I wonder if he wants me to tell him my story? "What, exactly, is it time for?" I asked.

Nighthand seemed to have a pleasant air about him, was he excited about something? Happy perhaps? "Well, time for you to meet some people. And first on the list is Gingitsune."

Gingitsune... Maybe his story wasn't complete fiction afterall? We'll see what he comes up with. "Gingitsune, the Wavemistress from your tale?" Nighthand had begun to walk again, and so Wren followed suit maybe a half-pace behind and a head-width to the right. This was all quite intriguing to Wren. He was slightly reassured that if this tale were true, he wasn't the only person having this problem. And most certainly he wasn't the only person alive in The World who'd fought a hacker.

"Yes. If you care to follow." Nighthand stated, with a hint of mystery behind it, trying to lure Wren forward. It was at that time that a vaguely familiar voice chimed in. "Hello, Wren. It's nice to see a familiar face in this server. For the other player, my name is Phoenix. And may I ask what's your name is?"

Phoenix...? Where would I know him from? ... Hmm. Oh, yes! "Phoe, from the Special 8 Event?" Wren stated interrogatively. Upon closer inspection, Wren did recognize this player, "Well damn, it is you! How is everything? Our paths have not crossed in quite some time."

After exchanting pleasantries, Wren cleared his throat, "If I may be so kind, Phoe, this is Nighthand. I don't know if I should call him a 'good friend' quite yet. But he seems to be a decent person," Wren's eyes glanced to Nighthand to see if he had any reaction to this statement, "And to you, Nighthand, this is Phoenix, as he said himself."

It was an awkward few moments that they stood there, and Wren failed to grasp much of what went on in those slow solemn minutes. But shortly thereafter Nighthand continued on towards the Grunty Farm. Once he got near the fence that rimmed the little farm, he hooked a left and went around the pens to the back of the barn. Of course Wren followed. There wasn't much else he could do at this injuncture. He could only assume that Phoenix was close behind, but he never turned back to see if he was or not.

When Wren turned the corner he found nothing there. Only Nighthand. To his right was the stone wall of the Grunty Barn, to the left there was a rock, slightly out of place and stand-alone. But nonetheless, it was there. "There's no one here. What is this?"

"Watch." That was all Nighthand said. Ignoring anything else Wren had to say, may have said, or even didn't bother to exhale, Nighthand stepped over to the wall and 'deftly' rapped a rhythm on the wall's surface. It was an odd thing to see, as if he were knocking on a door. But what happened afterwards was all too surprising.

The wall swung open to reveal a door. Nighthand smiled coyly and entered the room beyond. Wren could only assume that this was the 'hideout' of which he'd spoken in his tale. Perhaps it was a facade and this really lead into the Grunty Barn? Who could say, certainly not Wren. Well, not until he entered at any rate.

When Wren took his first few steps beyond the treshold, Nighthand turned to him. "Yes, Wren, it was all true. Welcome to the hideout, and congratulations."

Congratulations? He certainly is a strange one... Wren took a quick look around the hideout to inspect it. And to his surprise it was just as Nighthand said it would be. This only left one question to be asked, "Congratulations... What on earth for?"

Nighthand shook his head and retorted: "Becoming the newest member of our team. I mean, I'm not 100% sure that you'll join, but you seem to have some kind of impossible story of your own, and I doubt you'd pass up the opportunity to find out more about our side of the story. Am I right?"

All Wren could do was nod. Certainly this was an interesting turn of events. Even now with the alien senses permeating his digital flesh, and the new sense of solidarity inside such a familiar place, once again Wren felt like he belonged, somehow. It was a good feeling. Although he was a little happier to have a 'place', it never showed through. His mouth didn't curl into a smile, nor could anyone see that at any rate. His eyes just continued to wander about the room until Nighthand put out his hand.

Wren looked down to his hand curiously and then he quickly shook from his strange state. Taking Nighthand's hand firmly in his own and shook it once. A sort of... seal of approval, one might say.

((OOC: I hope this works. I altered some of your quotes, Nighthand, to be more fitting of my character. But they say the same thing when you get right down to it. And Phoe, I punctured a spot in time for our meeting, and left it semi-blank so it can be revisited and filled in with some details. But you've been acknowledged and such. There's also space for you to follow us if you like, I'm not sure. But it should be fine the way it is. ^_^ ))
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:20 pm

After Phoenix introduce himself to Wren and the mysterious player, Wren answered him with a question response. "Phoe, from the Special 8 Event?" After a short pause, Wren finally realize it was the same Phoenix from the Special 8 Event. "Well damn, it is you! How is everything? Our paths have not crossed in quite some time." Phoenix politely answered him back. "Recent events have not been good to me as I left some things behind but I can explain in detail later. Who are you talking to Wren?"

Wren finally answered his question to him. "If I may be so kind, Phoe, this is Nighthand. I don't know if I should call him a 'good friend' quite yet. But he seems to be a decent person," Phoenix felt that he should go with Nighthand but he can't explain why yet. Wren spoke again to them. "And to you, Nighthand, this is Phoenix, as he said himself." For some strange reason, there was a very awkward pause in their conversation but the pause wasn't broken by talking but the walking of Nighthand towards the Grunty Farm.

For Phoenix, he didn't know why they were going to the Grunty Farm. The reason could have been explained when Nighthand and Wren were talking to each other before Phoenix appeared to them. The walk was silent for the most part except for the background sounds of people or grunties talking and the sound of the wind blowing across the landscape. They walk behind the Grunty Farm and nothing was there except for the three of them, the stone wall of the Farm, and a rock formation that seperate from the Grunty Farm. Phoenix was about to walk away in disgust until Wren broke the long silence.

"There's no one here. What is this?" Wren's comment was answered with only one word from Nighthand.

"Watch." Phoenix now didn't walk away now as Nighthand walked over to the wall and tapped a rhythm to the wall. At first, nothing happened until the wall disappeared and reveal a door. This was amazing for Phoenix since he never knew that such hidden places exist in the World especially in a root town. He was more interested in Nighthand now and entered through the door before it turned back into the wall. Phoenix was even more curious now from what he saw beyond of the door. It looked a cabin from a time long ago. He noticed that Wren and Nighthand shook each other hands in some kind of agreement. Phoenix approached the two players and said to them.

"I would like to know how such a place could exist in this game along with many other questions that I may have." Phoenix took a chair and sat down on it. "I think I may need to be comfortable for this story. Don't you think, Nighthand?" He look at Nighthand with a curious stare as he awaited for his question to be answered.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:18 pm

Nighthand nodded to phoenix, and took a seat of his own.

"It is a bit of a long story."

again he proceeded to tell his story, from the first time he entered the world. he went through the fight in Mac Anu, the meeting with royce, melzas, garaa. he covered the Banshaku, and the Reiketsu. and last of all, he covered nall.

"He was our leader. he told us what to do, guided us. and now, he's gone. now, supposedly, theres a small dragon here that was made by him, and is here to guide us. but too many of us do not trust him. i personally do, i sense nall's spirit within it. but the others..."

with his story now complete, he moved over to where phoenix sat.

"Would you like to join us? i'm sure you would be of some help." he stuck his hand out to the character."

HackerNuse
Elevated Player

Post by HackerNuse » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:26 pm

Well here I am, thinking as she looked around at her surroundings, her eyes wondering from player to player with confusing. But why did I come here, and what . . . lead me to come to this place. I remember being so happy when I left Mac Anu, having a sense of purpose when I stepped into the Chaos Gate, and chanted those alluring keywords. I remember being transported in a tunnel of multicolored lights and each one color filling my heart with warmth, security, and structure. Telling me that where they taking me would be a place of promise, of truth, where all your answers will be fulled. Yet I am here, and I feel nothing, I don’t feel that warmth I once did, I don’t feel the sense of promise. Was everything I felt just a lie, is there really no reason for me to be here, is there really any reason for me to be here at all? This is not my world, I don’t belong here, her thoughts becoming much more frantic, I have to go, I can’t stay anymore, her mind began to shout. I have to go.

She ran back toward the Chaos Gate, each foot step bringing her closer to her desired destination. This place it isn’t real, I must escape I must go back to place where I belong, I have log out. . . . . Her mind came to a complete stop, now only one thing, one idea remained echoing throughout the recesses of her mind. I must log out, her mind softly repeated. She continued her chase toward the Chaos Gate, her desire to become free, grew more and more as the idea of logging out rapidly grew stronger and stronger. Pushing player after player aside to reach the spinning gate, she longed to see its golden glow as it spun on its axis, humming quietly its little tune. I am here, I am here, her mind shouted, grasping for air, she carried not for the stress she just put her body into to get here, true her body felt weak, yet the desire to be free gave her strength. All she carried was that she was there, she had reached the Chaos Gate and that she could leave, finally I am free. . . , her eyes went blank, as if her point of existence was only realized with her leaving the World. She lifted her hand toward the heavens, her mind filled with laughter and enjoyment as she was a bout to leave, yet nothing came. Nothing at all, she just stood there staring on into the sky, waiting for those heavenly rings to appear and to descend upon her and take her away more from this place. But they never did, a couple of players had looked on at the all the commotion she had cause to reach the Chaos Gate, and watched as she tried to log out. Each one stared on at her with questionable looks waiting for her do what she had so forcefully shoved them aside to do.

She looked around, her eyes filled with worry, at each player, hopping to find some form of pity or empathy for her predicament. Yet, she only received stares of confusion and concern for her sanity. Her eyes began to fill with water, as small tear drops began to run down her check, she didn’t want to been seen this way, so she ran as quickly as she could from the Chaos gate, over the stony bridge back to the main land, her legs seeming to get heavier and heavier with each step. Trying to find a place where she could hide from all these players, she would turn her head to left, then right, everything she saw was a blur. Without warning, Tempest had run smack dab into another player, she noticed the large sword as it lay on the ground next to her, it was a Death Bringer, as her eyes began to search for the owner of that massive blade, they came in contact with a pair of green and amber eyes.

They blinked once and then twice at her as a loud voiced shouted out “Tempest.” Tempest looked at the player in confusion, “Do. . . Do I know you?” Tempest asked with a puzzled look on her face, as a few remaining tears fell from her eyelids down the curves her checks and met at her chin. “I sure hope so! ! !” the player paused, waiting for Tempest’s response. Yet Tempest once more gave the player a confused look “Shugotenshi”the female player answered, I am from the Vanguards remember. Tempest was completely lost. Her mind was jumbled with so many thoughts and images that nothing had made sense to her anymore. At that moment another player arrived to the scene, it was another Heavy Blade, “Hey Shugotenshi, Hey Tempest it’s good to see you two again,” the voice said in a calm manner. Still, on the ground, Tempest looked toward the new alien figure. Her mind could not place these people, she did not remember their names, where they had met, or how they knew her. Yet they continued to act as if they were friends, but for all she knew they could very well be Player Killers, trying to trick her. She slowly stood up from the grassy ground, trying to hide her fear and disarray at the current situation. Yet she could feel as if the Heavy Blades could sense it in her. “Um Shugotenshi, she paused “ Uh do you think you can tell me something,” her voice quivering with each word. “Yes what is it?” Shugotenshi replied quickly, looking a bit concerned at her fellow comrade. “Well. . .,” Tempest nervously looking around at each player, and out of the corner of her eye she could tell that another one was approaching the quickly growing group. “Uh. . . Um. . . never mind,” she said trying her best to shake off the thought at hand.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:05 pm

Phoenix carefully listened to Nighthand's story after Nighthand also took a seat on one of the chairs in the hideout. As he listened to Nighthand's story, Phoenix felt sad for the people in the group who have went through so much. They have fought against odds that seem impossible for the normal person to deal with. Even with all those victories against the hackers, the one thing that would change them was the death of their leader, Nall. Phoenix realized that Nall was very special to them and they felt lost without him to guide them but they are willing to continue the fight against the hackers. His mind went back towards his clan and wonder how they can move on without him. He thought at the time that his departure from the clan would be for the best but now he wasn't so sure now.

After Phoenix heard Nighthand's story, he realized his destiny is mixed with the group's destiny now. He saw Nighthand got out of his seat and went over towards Phoenix's chair and said to him. "Would you like to join us? I'm sure you would be of some help." Nighthand then extended his arm to Phoenix for an argeement shake. Phoenix took his hand and stook Nighthand's hand.

"Since you have told your story, I should tell you my story." Phoenix took a short pause before telling his story. "Like everyone in your group, I recently lost the ability to log out from the World. I don't exactly know how it happen but it maybe due from a dungeon that I recently visited. The dungeon was created by a hacker as a test for me. I managed to defeat the dungeon and found out that the hacker managed to find a way for my friend's body in the World to reform itself but it was only temporary before he became data again. I left the dungeon and found myself back in Mac Anu but I was tired both physically and mentally. I was going to log out and go to sleep but I found myself could not log out. I believe that my character data was damaged while in the dungeon. I had other encounters in the World which defied normal workings but those stories are for another time." Phoenix said in an unusually calm voice. He didn't know how Wren and Nighthand would react to his story but he didn't care now. Phoenix has found a new purpose now. The new purpose was greater than himself or anything that he has done now. The new purpose was to save the World from the hackers.
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:08 am

Gingitsune's hair fluttered about softly in the light breeze and she put a hand to it, keeping her eyes free as she scanned the large crowd from the roof of a shop. Her violet eyes noticed Nighthand walking away with some new, strange players. A strange smile curved on her shiny, pink lips and her fox tail swished impatiently to and fro.

Propelling herself forward she jumped onto the partially thatched roof of the next building over, and then smoothly to the ground, her stiletto heel giving a rather loud click as she hit the hard rocky ground.

Calmly weaving her way through hordes of players she followed Nighthand and his new recruits towards the hide-out, noting that she herself hadn't even approached anyone, but shrugging it off as nothing.
She wasn't very good at approaching strangers, but was friendly all the same, and liked to meet new people.

She waited, leaning against a wall in a side alley, until they had gone in, and then gave them a few minutes. Drama was in her blood, and she relished every minute of it.

When she judged the time was right she sauntered out of the alley, and created the door of the hideout as soon as a pair of Twin-Blades had vacated the wall. She had helped with this, narrowing her eyes and tapping her wand suggestively, and they had been pretty quick on the uptake. Gingitsune already felt like a veteran player with her 36 levels, and knew how to use it to her advantage.

Once inside the first thing she noticed was the obvious lack of Nayru, their little dragon 'sidekick.'
The little creature that had so annoyed Rayo had taken a leave of absence and she was almost glad, it had caused so much unintentional conflict.

Then she found herself face to face with the new players...
She put an amiable smile on her face, and put her hand out.
"Hello, I'm Gingitsune..."

(ooc: I know this is short but I just go home and I'm exhausted, and my mom is yelling something about dinner! I may be on again to post later!)

Kodel
Elevated Player

Post by Kodel » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:30 am

Kodel warped into the Root Town. Warped in was actually a slightly off term. He fell out of the gate, collapsing to the floor with a loud crash, surprising most of the other players around him. He lay there for a moment, panting in exhaustion. He felt like he had just run two marathons, one after the other.

No one who didn’t know Kodel’s face before his… alteration would’ve had a chance of recognizing him. His clothing had changed from his juban and dress shirt to a set of gray slacks, a soft white shirt and a black trenchcoat. His sword wasn’t slung across his back anymore, but now at his waist in a slightly curved sheath, alongside a smaller sheath holding his backup weapon.

But what set him off from the rest of the surrounding players, and why they now backed away from him as if he held the plague, was his left arm. His shirt and coat were cut off at the shoulder, to allow him freedom of movement. The entire length of his arm was covered with what looked like a faint lattice of black ink. The ran all the way up to his clothing, as well as up his neck and across the left side of his face, all the way to his left eye, which was now black as coal, drastically different from his right which was his normal sea blue.

His entire left hand was also jet black, and his fingers were each slightly longer than the hands on his right hand, and each was tipped with a black, curved talon, like a cats claw. And along the back of his forearm, jutting through his skin, were what looked like porcupine quills, which quivered as his slowly clenched and relaxed his hand.

He ignored the crowd that parted like the Red Sea around him, walking towards the residential area. He weaved his way through the back streets and alleyways, coming to a familiar red brick building. Nalls hideout, where the had rested after their encounters with the hackers, and after the tournament between them and the hackers lieutenants. He tapped the three bricks he remembered seeing Tokki press what felt like a century ago.

Nothing happened.

He tried again, with the same result. Damn it, he thought. They changed the access code. He tried several other sets of bricks. Three that all looked slightly grey, four that all had greenish mold all them, but nothing worked. He sighed heavily. He had to hide. He couldn’t afford to be found by Garaa, or Nejla, or any of the others. He needed time to rest, to think, and to heal.

He stood and looked around, making sure the alleyway was deserted. Seeing no one nearby, he raised is left hand to the brickwork, laying his claws against the wall. He pushed, and the bricks suddenly darkened as his talons sunk into the buildings side. He drew his hand down, pulling a long, black tear across the wall. He pulled, curving it into a hook shape, before sinking his entire hand into the wall, pulling the wall away from the surface, creating a hole into the building. He pulled and tore and pulled until the hole was large enough to climb through. He crawled through into the building, falling from near the top of the wall. He hit the floor with another loud crash, the tear in the data of the wall sealing almost immediately behind him.

It was just the way he remembered it. Soft brown floor boards, several queen sized beds and couches, as well as a gigantic fireplace, the size of one usually found in a castle. He dragged himself to one of the beds and collapsed onto it. He sank almost immediately into a deep sleep. He hadn't responded to any of the people inside, even Gingitsune, but he was too completely exhausted to do anything else, at least for a little while.
"Goodness for the most part is an illusion... Little fables people tell themselves so they can get through their days without screaming to much."
Kodel | Level 20 | Blademaster | 45000 Gold | Pheonix Wing | Thunder Armor, Silver Bracer, Time Headband, Safety Shoes, losta items and some scrolls | Ani Slash, Ani Revolver, Ap Ganz, Ap Corv, Ap Do. Gan Zot, Rai Rom

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:45 am

Gingitsune was startled by the noise of the door opening behind her, and she quickly whirled around, facing the figure that had just stumbled through the door with the sharp end of her wand.

Suddenly a quick flash of recognition swept through her features, and then concern. "Kodel?" she asked softly, kneeling down to where the figure lay, totally and completely exhausted.

He didn't respond to her voice, and she knew that something was wrong, seriously wrong with him.
His face looked altered somehow, lined with worry and pure exhaustion. He looked very badly off, and Gingitsune's mind swam with possible answers.

Where had he gone? How had he come to look like this? So battered and defeated.

She wondered how he had even summoned up the strength to bring himself to the hideout at all.

Standing up Gingitsune decided that what he needed most now was rest, and that none of her questions could be answered until the player woke up, not matter how long that took.
Gingitsune had an impatient streak, but she managed to control it as she pulled a blanket over Kodel's sleeping form.

She turned towards the new players, her features changing once again into a cheerful mask of amiability, though in her large, violet eyes there was a flicker of concern.

What would this mean? Was a new hacker attack imminent? Was this some kind of sick message...?

"Kodel..." Gingitsune began, gesturing a trifle unnecessarily at the figure on the bed. "He's an ally of ours, though we haven't seen him in awhile! From what I can see he's got himself into some trouble with the hackers...
Though I don't know what this could mean, and I doubt we'll learn anything until he wakes up. He may be the 'messenger.' And then again, he could have been attacked by the administrators."

A strange grin formed on her face and she shrugged, "There're just too many people who want a piece of us."