Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:32 am

Gingitsune smiled at Xeromessia, a soft confident smile, a smile that was meant to put people at ease.
"It's all right," she began, "everyone has the right to a bit of time off- and we managed just fine... it really wasn't anything important."

Some people found that this was her fault, her trusting nature, her willingness to forgive and forget anything and everything. In some people's eyes it made her seem weak, but it was also one of her strengths.

"We've gained new allies- as you can see- the next quest will not be an easy one, even with increased numbers..."

The vulpine Wavemistress gave a sly smile now, transforming her face into a cunning one. Though she was kind, she was also quite secretive, and had her ways of ferreting out information wherever she was. Naga had proved reliable once more, and she knew what was going to happen soon, though she had decided not to reveal it to the others yet. What good was information if everyone knew? Everyone including people she was not sure she could trust yet.

(ooc: short post since plot will be moving on soon! I'm also working on the new Divergence character database which should be up soon!)

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:45 am

Asura makes a quick, dramatic flip over the chair as he's pushed forward into it by an unknown player. Even as he lands on his feet, his entire body twists around, the Patriot at his side seemingly unsheathed out of nowhere. Only when he finds that the offending player was his fellow Avantgarden member, Strato, does he loosen his muscles. A second swift motion returns his sword to the sheath from whence it came, making a clicking sound as the hilt is pushed against the metallic sheath. Grinning a bit, the younger Blademaster waves to Strato, before returning to a much more serious face as well as looking towards the player Gingitsune.

"So... you're the legendary Gingitsune. Rumors say much 'bout ya! Though I'm fairly sure a good deal of them aren't true." Asura says in his normal, cheerful voice. Before Gingitsune is given a chance to respond, the Blademaster lifts his hand over his head, stretching out his back a bit before seating himself on one of the beds not taken by sleeping people. A strange shine is once again in the player's eyes, showing the processing of information going on within his head as he quickly tries to make a choide between what to do now.

"I do believe I'll stay here... for a while at least. Might be interesting." Asura says a bit softer then before, with a more serious tone to it. Then, almost as though the serious air had dropped out of him, the boy lies back on the bed, his cloak again falling free from his body. He then stares at the ceiling with a smile on his face, obvious contemplating what to do now.

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:48 am

Wren took a few reluctant steps towards the door, figuring he'd leave to gather his group. However, somewhere deep within himself he was told not to leave. It was surely a puzzling feeling. No. I must go find the others and see if they're okay. I owe them that much. Wren shook his head and sighed, recalling their abrupt dissolution those few days before. (OOC: Okay VoT - I'm going to spoil a bit of Part 3 for you, but not much =P)

There was a bright flash of light, the field, which was unnaturally dark and gloomy burst to life with light and warmth. Though this, to Wren, was a familiar and most unwelcome change. He felt a presence, one that he feared most above all others. He was here. The shifting and chafing of loose clothing suddenly made his presence all too real and all too clear to the others around him. "Well, well... It looks like we've reached the end. A final farewell I give to you, Wren. May you and your friends fare well in My world!"

With that the Wavemaster, whom had revealed a given name by which to address him: Lloyd, rose his staff unto the brightly lit sky as his silouetted form errupted from the blinding warmth that had appeared. At that moment a shocking pain flew through Wren's body, washing over him, through him. The scar he bore beneath the surface of his player's skin shook his very frame and contested his will. It felt as if his body was going to rip itself in two. From the confusion around and behind him, it seemed like the others were undergoing a similar experience. There was an indescribable pain, and the light grew brighter. The light became so bright it scortched the retina, and enveloped all the players in the immediate area. Then the pain slowly subsided, and the silence was deafening...

Wren slid the fingers of his right hand up through his bangs and the rest of his hair, causing each strand to swing back and then bounce forward again in unison, vaguely resembling a wave. "As much as I would like to stay with you and help you out with everything... I really ought to be going to find my friends."

It was when Wren turned around that the silouette of a familiar player bound into the light. It was Asura followed by Strato and another whom Wren failed to recognize at first glance. "Seems you're not dead yet lord Wren. Though it seems you haven't found a way to log-out of the world either I assume."

Wren smiled very discreetly. "No, I haven't been able to log out for about two days, now. Though I am surprised to see you around. ((Curse You Asura For Posting So Often W/O letting me reply! >.<)) Where are the others? Have you seen them?"

Naturally, as Asura was inclined to do, he didn't reply to the question and just went about his business.

So, now that he'd found three of his own members, Wren turned back to Gingtsune and shrugged his shoulders gently. "I would assume that since these two are over in this server, and I'm over in this sever, the rest of them are out this way, too... somewhere. So, if there is any way in which I can be of service, I shall do my best." With that said he closed his eyes into a modest bow, trying to remain as formal as possible in order to put forth a good first impression, unlike his fellow Avantgarde, and trusted friend.

Nighthand began to play his flute as the others thought about this. Wren did nothing but examine the room, and the players before which he found himself standing. Gingitsune had quite the odd enhancements, visually. A fox tail, which was most noticable, among some other alterations.

When the playing stopped, Asura flipped over and landed in a chair and began to speak to Gingtsune. Wren figured he'd head out and look for the others, if at all possible to find them.

"I'll be back shortly, I want to try and find whomever hasn't been found. Asura, you stay here until I return." Wren turned back to the door and made his way through the exit, which was also the entrance. Once out he turned to the right and made his way around the Grunty Farm. His shadow gradually faded from the doorway's view, and then he was gone.
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

strato
Elevated Player

Post by strato » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:48 am

(OOC: Don't worry Phoenix, I don't think we know each other either, I just threw that in there to ease things a bit.)

Shortly after bumping into Asura Lakely had introduced himself and Phoenix began to speak to him about everyone in the room. He began to say something before the wavemaster introduced as Gingitsune cut in to speak. She assumed that we are all in the same ordeal of not being able to log out and she was correct. She told of her group whom was fighting to be able to log out again. They were fighting so many dangerous battles and they were still carrying on. If they can do all this when they can't log out, why is it I just give into emotions and strive to give up so easily? Lakely was thinking as Gingitsune finished her speech.

She began to speak to the rest of us again, "Anyway, as unmotivational as that speech was, here's the gist of it- it's your own free choice whether you join us or not, if you do then you're welcome to stay here in this hideout, if not you may leave and try to forget that you were ever here. Pick your poison!"

Upon hearing this Lakely began to sulk back to the back of the room. He leaned his back up against the wall and began to think of what his answer would be. How am I supposed to make such a drastic decision? He knew that on one hand could say "Yes" and join the rest of them putting is life in danger as they strived together to save one another. On the other hand, He could just leave them be and wander off on his lonesome hoping to suddenly have the chance to log out.

These two things battled back and forth in his mind as he attempted to lay his fate on one simple choice. The other players in this hideout were already making their decisions and others he did not know had entered while he debated in his head. Suddenly he stepped forward and spoke aloud, "Well, I'm glad I met all of you and heard all of your fateful stories. After careful deliberation, I've come to my decision and I would be glad to join you all and help free ourselves from 'The World' once and for all."

As he finished speaking he quickly withdrawed away from the group and moved back towards the wall where he had done his contemplating. He was happy, he was gloriously happy that now he would possibly be able to leave "The World" soon. Placing his head against the wall he glanced outside of the hideout and saw a familiar face out in Dun Loireag. He quickly turned to the group and mostly towards Wren and Asura, "Hey, there's Neo over there. I bet he'll join us as well. I'll go get him just wait for me."

Lakely turned around again and opened the door to the hideout and ran as fast as he could towards the bridge connecting the main island to the grunty farm. As he neared the twinblader Lakely stopped in his tracks and began to yell out to him, "Hey Neo!!! Hey, it's me Lakely. Come here quickly, I've found Wren and Asura they're over here waiting for me to return with you."

THIS SIG NEEDS TO BE UPDATED

Name: Lakely

Lvl 23 Heavy Blade (110 SP)

9,000 GP

Equipment: Life Sword, Face Guard, Wrist Band, Noble Cloak, Safety Shoes

Skills: Gan Smash, Death Bringer, Rue Zot, Juk Rom, Ol Repth, Ap Ruem

Spare Equipment: Light Giver, Absorber, Horse-Killer

Guardian: Vasuki the Naga King (Lv. 9)

Golden Orb is: A bit more intense.

Neo...
Player

Post by Neo... » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:07 am

Neo continued to explore the root town of Dun Loireag. He much preferred this setting than the Aqua Capital Mac Anu. This town was built with the concept of greater freedom and exploration. He looked up at the sky once more, and a smile began to grow on his face. You know... it's not so bad here... I just have to make the best of this situation. He chuckled softly and came to stop. Standing near the edge of one of the floating fragments pf earth, the Twinblade spread his arms out. A sudden gust of wind came out of nowhere, causing the cool breeze to run over his face.

I've always wanted to have a more interesting life. And what's more interesting than having a video game as your own personal reality? He took his arms down again and started to move on throughout the town.

"Hey Neo!!!" Neo was caught off guard by the loud call of another player. He turned towards the source of the voice, near the Grunty Farm. Near the other side of the bridge which connected the two small islands was a Heavy Blade class of character whom Neo had already come to be familiar with. "It's me Lakely. Come here quickly, I've found Wren and Asura. They're over here waiting for me to return with you!" The sword-wielding player removed his cupped hands from his face as his calling came to a close.

The Avantgarden... they are here. I wonder what sort of things they've come across since that incident. Neo held his right hand near his cheek and took a deep breath. "Okay! I'll be right there!" He called out to his companion. The echo of his voice was carried by the high wind currents of the root town, but Lakely had clearly gotten Neo's message as he nodded his head in response. Taking his hand away from his face, the Twinblade made a dash for the bridge and ran over towards the Heavy Blade. When he was a few feet in front of Lakely, Neo stopped and began to catch his breath. "Whew!" He gasped, raising his head to face his fellow clan member. "I wasn't sure if any of the other Vanguards were around here." He paused and looked around for a moment, then returned his attention to Lakely. "Where's everyone else?" He asked with a puzzled look on his face.

Neo | Twinblade | Lvl. 18 | Tiger Claws | Staccatto | Gale of Swords | Repth | Vak Kruz | Juk Rom |

Kodel
Elevated Player

Post by Kodel » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:32 pm

Kodel walked out of the hideout. He had seen Gingi giving a pep talk to a small group of people he didn’t recognize. More meat for the grinder, he figured. The sheer number of people who had to be in comas by now was simply staggering. There were supposedly more than 1000 cases worldwide now, rather than just a simple handful here and there. But despite all those casualties, nothing was still being done, as far as he could tell. Rather, the administration seemed to be taking the stance of if the hackers killed us all, it would be better; the problem would be gone without them having to intervene.

He wanted to talk to someone, anyone. He had to know what was going on. He needed information. He needed to know if there had been any new developments, if Garaa had been confronted again, if they had encountered anymore lieutenants.

More simply, he’d been cut off from almost all human contact for what felt like an eternity, and he simply wanted to talk to someone again before he went nuts.

He stepped out onto the plaza that connected the whole root town together, from the Chaos Gate to the residential area behind him. The floating island was strangely tranquil for the middle of the day, and there were not many people around. He noticed a group of figures clustered off to the edge of the precipice near the Chaos Gate. Even from distance, it was impossible to mistake that tail, those hands that ended in claws rather than fingernails.

“Vera?... Hey, Vera!” He yelled. He doubted she could hear him at this distance, and he grinned, suddenly thinking of a dozen ways to goose her, as he stepped up his pace to surprise her talking with what must’ve been other coma wards.

As he jogged towards her, a feeling of horror came across him. He couldn’t really believe it as the cluster suddenly drew their weapons and began to close n her. Bounty Hunters, he thought suddenly. They all had prices on their heads, and no one wondered how the authors could afford to pay them so much. It was simple when you had the ability to manifest anything you desired in an instant.

His hand flew to his weapon, and he heard the soft ripple as the Phoenix Wing uncoiled, now free of its scabbard. He charged forward as fast as he could, but he knew he was too far away to be of any real help.

Not that she needed it though. Even from where he was, he could still see a faint look of surprise cross the face of the twin blade as he suddenly found himself without a larynx. Kodels pace slowed as she turned confidently towards the other two weapons characters, and snatched them both by the throats. Their shrill screams quickly died off as they sank under the rim of the floating island. The remaining character fell to her knees, and looked to be begging. Vera leaned in as if to kill her as well, then suddenly turned and started walking away, nearly bumping into him.

He probably shouldn’t have been so quiet, because she obviously took him to be another hunter, as her clawed hands were suddenly slashing at his face. He stepped and ducked quickly, trying to block her strikes with his arm and scabbard.

“WHOA! Jesus Vera, clam down! It’s me! Kodel!” He stepped further and further back until he mentioned his name, and Vera seemed to calm slightly. Her claws slid back into her hands, and Kodel was a little surprised to see that her fingers still wept blood. IT seemed he wasn’t the only one who had been modified further.

“What do you want?” Her voice was as old and hard as ice. Kodel blinked in surprise. Where did this come from? He wondered “Nothing. I was just looking for you. Are you alrig-“ He reached out to touch her with his normal right hand, and she slashed him across the back of his forearm. “DON’T TOUCH ME!” She screamed.

Kodel yelped in pain and snatched his hand back. He glared at her for a moment before relaxing. “I can respect that. Are you alright, though. You certainly went to town on those guys. I doubt they were even a threat.”

“They wanted to play, so I played.” Vera sneered, turning back towards the remaining wavemistress. “And now that you mention it, I’m not through playing with her.” The girl suddenly turned white and even Kodel blanched a little. “Vera, no… Vera, stop.” He could tell that she was ignoring her, so he circled around, placing himself between Vera and the PC. “Stop Vera.” He turned to look over his shoulder “What’re you doing, you idiot! Run! Run now!”

The girl looked up at him, and then bolted, making a beeline for the Chaos Gate. Vera turned to follow her, and Kodel stepped in front of her again. Her eyes were all but liquid balls of flame when she looked up at him “Don’t get in the way of my fun, Kodel. Do not.” He glanced down to see that she had her claws out again. He sighed slightly, settling his hand back onto his scabbard. The quills on his arm quivered in anticipation. “…You going to hit me?” he asked calmly
"Goodness for the most part is an illusion... Little fables people tell themselves so they can get through their days without screaming to much."
Kodel | Level 20 | Blademaster | 45000 Gold | Pheonix Wing | Thunder Armor, Silver Bracer, Time Headband, Safety Shoes, losta items and some scrolls | Ani Slash, Ani Revolver, Ap Ganz, Ap Corv, Ap Do. Gan Zot, Rai Rom

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:57 pm

Vera started too laugh with a rather low tone as her tail seemed too flick towards her wand. "Stupid man." she said as her wand ripped from her hand and attatched too her tail. "For your crimes; you are sentanced death." she mocked, but that didn't last long enough for Kodel too reply. Vera moved inches from her body as she opened her mouth, she was preparing for fury, which was shown by the glowing of her tail ring. "BiVak Fury" she yelled as her tail moved too her side and started too attack with her wand. This would kill most players or at least greatly weaken them. With nothing holding her back inside her claws extended outward too their full length, "Death becomes those" she said softly driving her claws into Kodel.

Her attack ended as Kodel dropped too the ground, he wasn't dead, but he was far from fine. "Your hp will continue too drop. And for the record, I wasn't going too kill her. So your death was pointless." she said softly walking off towards the direction of Gingitsune and the newbies. "I will kill them all and you lost."

ooc: mmmm violence
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Kodel
Elevated Player

Post by Kodel » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:22 pm

It dawned on him moments before the attack came. That’s not Vera’s voice. That is NOT Vera at all. His mind whirled as he collapsed to his knees. Her weapon was quite impressive, and her claws had been hacked to the point that even his passive defenses did not block her attempt to hack his player data.

He activated his internal commands, trying to message Gingi. But he couldn’t. Something was blocking him from accessing the program. The hack on Vera’s claws was truly incredible.

He flipped himself over and sat up, groaning in pain, Vera’s last words echoing in her mind. He had to get back to the hideout before Vera did. He doubted he could take on Vera, but with Gingi or Rayo or Asgard with him, they could take her down and figure out what’s wrong with her.

But first he had to fix himself. Vera had someone managed to poison him in such a way that it did not fade when it should have. He flexed his clawed arm and shifted his shirt out of the way. Blue-red blood oozed from four claw indentations. He grimaced, and sunk the first two figures of his left hand into one of the wounds. He groaned in pain, shifting the code inside him. With a click, he found what he was looking for. He pulled, drawing out a globule of dried blood. The blood flaked away to reveal what was, upon close examination, a very large black claw.

“Beautiful.” He murmured. One down, three to go.

About five minutes later, he lay sweating on the ground, four small lumps of ash lying by his body. The claws had dissolved as they lay there. His hp had halted its slow trickle downward, stopping a few steps above critical. He didn’t need to use any healing items, as the root town was now regenerating him again. His breath still came in slow, ragged gasps, but the wounds on his chest had sealed, and his clothing had already knitted shut. He was still feeling too weak to get up, but his message window winked up in front of him. He ticked out a quick message. He hoped it would get there before Vera did

*-*Gingi, Vera is being controlled by something. She is currently heading towards the hideout. She tried to kill me. I think she means to kill you and the other coma victims. Forgive me. I wasn’t able to stop her on my own.*-*
"Goodness for the most part is an illusion... Little fables people tell themselves so they can get through their days without screaming to much."
Kodel | Level 20 | Blademaster | 45000 Gold | Pheonix Wing | Thunder Armor, Silver Bracer, Time Headband, Safety Shoes, losta items and some scrolls | Ani Slash, Ani Revolver, Ap Ganz, Ap Corv, Ap Do. Gan Zot, Rai Rom

Shugotenshi
Sub-Player

Post by Shugotenshi » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:02 pm

“D…did you just see that?” Kain asked Tempest and me. “Asura and Lakely just walked into the wall. I didn’t think that other player really did it, but now I know it’s true.” Kain then began to walk off towards the grunty farm. He didn’t seem to be walking strait, like something was bothering him. Something was bothering me too. I had a foreboding feeling about that place; I didn’t want to go. Tempest stood with me, she seemed just as eager to go as I. We stood for a moment watching Kain approach the building. Maybe I was expecting something to happen. Maybe he would walk in and be ambushed by a group of wild goblins or even be swallowed by the farm. Whatever would happen I didn’t like the looks of the grunty farm.

“You go ahead with him, Tempest. I’m gonna look around more.” I aid to Tempest. Not waiting for a response, I walked back into the heart of Dun Loireag. It wasn’t as bustling as Mac Anu, bringing a more calm feeling. But one thing really bugged me about it. Mac Anu was filled with water, but I can swim. Dun Loireag was up in the air, and I can’t fly. What happens it you fall off is beyond me, maybe you’d fall forever. Maybe you’d fall to the bottom then appear in the sky and fall again. The thought of that made me laugh and at the same time afraid to approach the edge. But sounds of a commotion drew me. A fight was going down near the Chaos Gate and I wondered if my allies could be there. Ignoring my newfound fear of heights I quickly ran towards the scuffle.

As I approached the fight scene I suddenly stopped. It wasn’t the blood soaked grass or the screams of pain that made me, more like the sight of a player ripping apart others virtual bodies. Whoever that was, I don’t want to mess with her. I looked around at the other players nearby. Some had run off in fear of being caught in the fight. Other stood by like me and watched the carnage. One player seemed to be trying to stop her. “I’d like to be the player who gets away alive” I thought to myself. Unsure what to do I stood there, just watching. Not many people appreciated battle, it is truly an art. That is if it’s put to good use. A pointless battle is fun to watch but hardly necessary. Thus the meaning ‘pointless.’ Then the player who had slain so many began to fight the one who tried to stop her. He didn’t fare very well. She beat him down and talked to him for a moment. I was startled when she began to walk in my direction. Quickly I rushed into the crowd of players that had gathered in hopes that she would not single me out. I knew not the cause of the fight, and maybe her and I have similar ideals. A random fight is no reason to make a ‘would be’ ally into an enemy.

I looked back to her victims; it seems that one was still alive. The one who tried to stop her… Should I help him?
Shugotenshi | lvl.12 | Heavy Blade | Imp Wood Bands| Juk Zot | Mumyn Lei | Apple Pie x 25 | Speed Charm x 2 | 800 gp

Asgard
Exalted Player

Post by Asgard » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:43 pm

Am I ready?

If you are still questioning yourself, then you have learned nothing...

............Yes

...Yes I am ready...I will be your catalyst

Good...Very good...When the four missing shards are found, we will help you...We will help you search out twilight...

As for now, we will grant you a power that no one can even fathom. One that couldn't be done in "The World"...

I am confused. What do you mean?

On our own, we are merely strong. But together, we are powerful..

Now go...your allies are in trouble. There are three among your allies that are tainted...One unsure, but two are definite...They have the plague of Twilight within them...

I...see....Thank you...

=======================================================================

Claws extended, the enraged Vera stepped ever closer. With her wand in one hand and a clawed hand in front of, she stepped forward ever so defiantly. The distance between her and the Vanguard/Coma Victims shortened with every step. She could feel the insanities in her mind.

To best shorten it, it was "Kill them all" in an endless, violent loop.

Shugotenshi and other disparative players looked on in paralyzing fear. Kodel was on the ground, trying his hardest to communicate a message to Gingitsune. But now, it seemed as if the worst just got worse than even that.

But this is not the end of the story.

Before Vera got within 20 feet of the players, a figure from the adjacent rooftop leaped with effortless grace and landed the 10 divided between them. It WAS Asgard, but it was much different than he looked before. He looked less armored, as only a strapped shoulderplate remained of his original brown body armor, as well as his black/dark blue bodysuit he wore. He still had his dark red and bronze sash around his waist, as well as his decorative brass neckplate. The one very big difference was that he didn't have his trademark Heavy Blade. Instead, he had two swords. Not like a Twin Blade's, more like two Blademaster weapons. One was a forked blade almost brimming with holy power. It was detailed with unrecognizeable runes around the blade where it wasn't parted. The other was a dark demon sword that almost looked alive. It was a triangle blade that had an eye that never took its gaze off the enemy, as the blade seemed sucked in the light around it.

Yet, the oddest part about him was his eyes. One was pure white, while one was ebbed pitch black. He stood much like a man facing down his death sentence, unafraid. He looked to Vera without fear and placed one of his arms in front of him.

"Halt," he said, with everyone looking on...

=======================================================================

OOC: Pretty weird no? I was thinking about custom classes right about the time that Kayin got to be a Fist Fighter :P So there ya go.

Class name: Dualist
Advantages: Slight increase in speed, dual wielding swords
Disadvantages: Harsh decrease in physical defense
This is my non-banner profile. Read at own discretion!
Wishlist (Bolded sections denotate priority, in descending order)
In General: LEVELS
Pet-Related: EX-Levels, [Lv. 2]Overdrive Sphere, [Lv. 2]Ressurect
Armor: Dice Gloves (20 RARE), Golden Turban (42), Saint Cross (41), Protect Ring (41)
Weapons: Master Nunchaku (40 RARE), Three-Section Staff (37),
Items: (None)

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:20 am

Nighthand left the hideout just in time to see Asgard land in front of Vera.

the man looked so similar, yet so different, from his appearance before. he held the two swords he had gotten from the dark tournament, one in each hand, almost like a twin blader.

nighthand disregarded the thunder sword, as it wasn't his favorite. his eyes fixed on the Ani blade. a single thought ran through his mind as he waited for events to continue.

man, i wish i had a sword like that.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:32 am

Running up the side of the grunty farm, hijinx comes to a screeching halt at the top. "Yay! A fight! A fight! What luck!" Plopping herself down lightly she pulles a bag of pop-corn out of her pocket and munches it greedily. Shouting and cheering for both sides, she bounces up and down and scratches her ear. Leaning down and holding the bag in front of tiraths face, she smiles :D and ask "Want some pop-corn?"

OOC: Yeah short, but I've got nothing to work with here. My gaia character has a fox tail!
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:50 am

I wonder what happened to David. Better yet, what the hell's gonna happen to me? To my comrades? ... Comrades? I just met them! What am I saying? Wren's thoughts drifted back to his History class, he had a special place in his heart for all things historic. It was a calling of his, much like The World. Comrade. That makes me sound Russian, heh. Oh well. I said I was going to find these guys, and find them I will!

The heavy footsteps of the Blademaster brought him around the Grunty farm. The rest of the Root Town, save for a few people, were off to his left in the direction of the Chaos Gate. "Now... to find those players." Wren thought out loud.

He did this quite often, thinking out loud. For some reason it always helped him focus more on his goal. He'd been one who would learn by hearing and seeing, not by reading or studying like crazy. Looking off to his left he noticed a familiar pair of wings. "Is that... Tempest? No way. Could it be?" Wren didn't want to waste any time, instead of running haphazardly across the bridge, he made a dash for it. Once he came near the first board in the bridge, he leapt into the air and his wings unfurled. With two mighty flaps he rose up a few feet higher into the air in an attempt to surpass the bridge. After those two flaps he found that he couldn't go any further, so the arc in his movement began to decline. The landing was much rougher than he would have liked, and Wren found himself on hand and knee just shy of the isle's edge. "That was close."

Leaping up Wren began to run again. It was then that he noticed Shugotenshi, Neo, Lakley, and a few other familiar faces. "Wow! They are here!" But there was something odd about the situation. Wren couldn't see it, but he felt it in himself. There was a Wavemistress approaching Shugo and the others, the character looked vaguely familiar. A second later Wren realized who it was that he was seeing. I thought the name "Vera" sounded familiar! It is her! That hacked Wavemistress I fought in the Invitational! But... something's different about her.

A feeling in Wren's gut told him to go faster. So once again he resorted to his Wings. As opposed to running, Wren made several running leaps accompanied by a few flaps of his wings. Every time Wren executed this, his landings became steadily less unrefined. By the final leap and flap, he found that his legs seemed to naturally carry over to rise beneath his body upon impact, he didn't have to control them as much as he had thought. Down the Blademaster went and landed on his left foot first. All the while his right hand was descending upon the hilt of his Prometheus. When his right foot hit the ground, it was a strong, firm connection. There was a slight pause where Wren gathered his balance before running the few light paces to get to the group. Though just as he was about to take off, a shadowed player leapt down between Vera and his comrades-in-arms. This was a player he'd never seen before. He was weilding two swords, but he was by no means a Twin Blader. Could this have been another hacked player? Perhaps even a hacker?

Wren could do nothing but stand there, crouched over with his right hand on the hilt of his sword in waiting. His twin jade eyes twinkled and shimmered in the soft light of the Root Town as he watched. His whole body was tensed up. Wren flapped his wings twice to loosen them up a tad before they retreated to their resting place against his shoulderblades.

Perhaps it would be best to observe this one. My fight with Vera last time didn't turn out too well, and this time it may have cost me everything.
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:51 am

Gingitsune watched the furious, homicidal movements of Vera with calm detachment. If worst came to worst Gingitsune knew that they could calm her, their sheer numbers alone were enough to overpower her, and Gingitsune had a faith in her new wand, Cybele, which had halted Vera the last time an incident such as this occurred.

Many possibilities ran through her mind, had Vera simply cracked under the pressure? Was something controlling or influencing her? Or was this just what she was like? Gingitsune had to admit that none of them knew each other as well as they could if they had met in real life...

The blood-spattered grass was just another act of pure violent rage, an act that lashed out against any player without any discrimination.

She recieved Kodel's message, was glad that he was survived, and was prepared to use whatever force necessary if Vera tried to inflict the same kind of damage on her.

Gingitsune's tail bristled, and her keen eyes were perfectly cold as she leaned against the wall next to the entrance of the hideout. Let her come, she thought, eyes half closed, we can only stop her- what other choice do we have?

Cybele glowed with a beautiful, dark-tinged luminescence, a light that moved, twisted and changed shape with Gingitsune's mood. The light now was not a murderous darkness, but something soft and unusual, a grey-red of uncertainty. Gingitsune had put her faith in Kodel's message, that she was being controlled, and would not kill Vera, or lose trust in her... until she tried to rip her larynx out.

She can try...

Suddenly an extraneous sense told her that someone was approaching.
Her tail twitched with the passing wind, and she sealed the entrance to the hideout and moved outwards to where Vera and the others were.

She arrived just in time to witness Asgard's return, and the grey-red glow of her wand transformed into a lighter golden colour.

She was relieved that he was finally back.

So many things had changed in his appearance, from his new, and very beautiful sword, to his clothing and armour.
The biggest change in him were his eyes. Slightly unnerving in their lack of colour.

Gingitsune smiled slyly as Asgard tried adopted the heroic pose as Nall had before him, and issued his command of "Halt" in fact she quite ruined the moment with her surpressed laughter. Though Asgard put up an impressive front, she doubted whether the crazed Vera would really cease because of one word.

It would be interesting to see what he could do now though, and
Gingitsune was infinitely curious about where he had been, and what had happened to him...

The glow around the wand changed to red, a vibrant, curious, and spirited red.

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:35 am

Asura yawns a bit, holding a single hand over his mouth. He had been up for a good deal, knowing that it was probably not a good idea to sleep out in the open streets of Mac Anu. He did grab bits of shuteye every so often, though not enough for his needs. A cozy bed was much more comfortable then the cold ground any day. It had been a long time since he had the comfort of a bed of course; if a few days could be considered a long time.

Either way, it was a long time awake for somebody his age. He was more used to being asleep for eight hours of the day, though often more if he had enough caffine for the day. However, no stimulants of any sort existed within the World, so his eyes were quickly getting more tired, unable to notice things they would normally be able to notice. He couldn't tell hacked players from normal players as easily now and his sense of details was rapidly diminishing. He obviously needed to get some sleep soon before doing anything else.

Of course, he could still notice enough to gain a sense of his surroundings. The room had opened up recently, with players leaving the hideout. The legendary Gingitsune herself had left to examine something; judging by the sound she made as she was leaving the doorway, it must have been something important. Wren may have told Asura to stay within the Hideout, but surely Wren hadn't known anything interesting was going on outside. Therefore, the leader of the Avantgarden wouldn't mind if the Blademaster left to investigate the happenings outside.

With this logic circulating through his skull, the Blademaster lifts himself to his feet, wrapping his cloak tighter around his body. He pulls up the hood of his cloak as was tradition before walking towards the door that Gingitsune had just sealed. Even as he goes near it, it seems to open to allow him to exit, as though the gateway itself was embued with magic. The Blademaster brushed that thought aside however, assuming that the gateway just opened from the inside easily, while being sealed from the outside. That was most likely the case, as it was with most locked doors in reality.

Even as the Blademaster gets out of where he once was, he sees a winged figure flying towards another area where a group of people had gathered. A quick double-check verifies that figure as Lord Wren, most likely using the wings he earned in an event so long ago. Asura breaks into a dash, quickly starting to cross the bridges that connected the many areas of Dun Loireag. He would have to ignore his sensible fear of heights for now, in order to make as much speed as possible.

Even as he draws nearer to the action, he glances out of the corner of the eye to notice that there appears to be hostile action between the characters involved in whatever may be going on. One of the players involved looks familiar, as though the player had been fought in a tournament a while ago. Asura again shoves his thoughts aside, holding off on his thoughts until he reaches the fight itself.