Enter the World through the Theta Server.

Moderator: Nighthand

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:49 am

Wren stood on the fringes of the quarrel and watched as Asgard ascended upon the Wavemistress. Everything that went on Wren bore witness to. His wings fanned out across his back and their tips hovered upon the ground as Gingitsune was taken hostage. Though Wren didn't feel it was his place to intervene, he stood by and watched, his hand upon the Prometheus (which had, at this point, become a trademark weapon for him). After the crisis was over, Wren stood up and looked to Asura. Naturally he didn't expect to be acknowledged, but he wondered if Asura would sense that he was being looked at.

After a moment of that nonsense, Wren flapped his massive white wings a few times, sending a flurry of white feathers into the air, before they came to rest against his shoulders once again. What had surprised him most in this whole affair was the appearance of Tokki. He remembered seeing her a few times before on assorted occasions. I haven't seen her in a little while...

When all was said and done, Wren had little else to do than try to round up the Vanguards. So he walked off in a direction opposite the others, towards the Chaos Gate. He figured that if anyone was to go anywhere, they would have to use the Gate. Crossing the stone bridge that lead from the Root Town to the Gate was a little easier this time, as Wren had adjusted to the height and winds. The whole atmosphere was much more pleasing now that it was a little less foreign.

Once across Wren took to leaning against one of the stone pillars that decorated and marked the four corners of the little floating isle the Chaos Gate was on. With his sparkling, Jade eyes he would watch players constantly log in and log out of the server while he waited passively for members of the Vanguards of Twilight, his Avantgarde, to show themselves. He was sick of trying to chase them down at this point. So now he left it to time.

While he stood there, Wren's thoughts drifted off to Nighthand, the player who had approached him upon his arrival here, and introduced him to some of these people whom he'd met and slowly was becoming acquainted with.

I hope this works...
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |

Asura
Elevated Player

Post by Asura » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:44 am

Asura tilts his head to the side, thinking to himself silently. He was wondering why a player infamous for merciless behavior had spared the life of the deadly Vera. The Blademaster would have to find out this answer for himself later obviously, though for the time being there was obviously much more to do. The catgirl had seemed to repent, though trust was not so easily earned from Asura, who would have to keep his eyes on the player for quite a while now.

Another interesting factor to him was the strength of Tokki's ice. While at the tournament so long ago he hadn't noticed the extent of her icy grip, now at this close range the drop in temperature had become distinctly noticible. The young player wraps his cloak firmly around himself, warming up a bit even as he stays near enough to watch the example of the fight.

Nodding to himself, Asura breaks into a dash, assuming that the fight is done for now. Wren had ordered him to remain at the Hideout and now he could only hope that the older player hadn't noticed him while he examined the events that were happening. If he hurried, he might be able to beat the winged player back to the hidden base, something that shouldn't exist within the World by all logic. If he was careful enough, the leader of the Avantgarden der Dammerung would never know he was out and thus would not be entirely mad. He would have to be careful in what he said though, as well as hope that none of the other players that noticed him would say anything about the event to him.

The cloaked Blademaster skids to a halt near the entrance of the hideout. Imitating the actions of the Blademaster Tirath, who had let him in, he opens up the entrance, quickly stepping within the bounds of the hidden room. Glancing over, he notices the Blademaster Phoenix still resting one of the beds. It was to be assumed that several of the players might be tired out by the fight that happened, thus needing any beds within the room. Thus, the boy sits down on one of the chairs, wrapping himself in his cloak as he leans back. Asura closes his eyes, relaxing in the silence as he tries to get some short bits of sleep before the other members of this strange group arrive back at the hideout.

Armina
Exalted Player

Post by Armina » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:34 am

(ooc: argg! been away from divergence too long! *pouts* I caught up completely with the small group's sidequest, but I've only gotten through the first 3 pages of this new thread. *frowns* There's just so much good reading! *smiles* Welcome to all you newcomers, & 'grats!)

After the players return, before the arrival of new companions...
Rayo wrote:He issued a thought completely directed at Armina.

“I’ll be leaving now. If anyone cares, I will be fine. No one needs to hunt after me or anything. I’m simply choosing a different option. Goodbye partner.”
Rayo? Rayo? Rayo!! Armina sat bolt upright in the bed where she had been resting, her blue eyes wide with sudden terrible understanding. Ignoring the few protests of those companions still awake & within the hideout the LongArm plowed her way to a far corner, deep in shadows. Something tells her that here she might find a place to truely be alone, if only for a moment. In her flurry a piece of paper that had been left on the floor by the door stirred with the slight breeze & wraped itself around the handle of her spear, which she had forgotten to release from her deathgrip. Trembling in the corner the brightness of the paper caught her eye. Hastily she read it. It was Gingitsune's note.

That's why they're not here! That's where they must have just come back from! The small happiness achieved through realization is shortlived as her thoughts continue on in the way thoughts do.

But what could have happened there for Rayo to leave us like that? What terrible things could make him want to go off alone again?

Brushing aurburn locks from tearing eyes, Armina bit her lip as she let her imagination roam the pathways of possibilities for an answer... but no answer came to her. At a familiar pattern of tapping from the door her cat ears twitch & perk up. hmmm?... who could it be?

Soon she hears Nighthand's voice, unusually chipper for one so commonly quiet & almost stoic, congradulating someone for... joining them? So we're enlarging our ranks again? Burrowing deeper in her hiding place she hastily wiped the unwanted tears from her eyes even as she sniffled mightily. I can't let them meet me like this! I've got to be strong! I've got to be happy! Sneaking a quick peek at the newcomers she cranes an ear to try & catch anything of their tale. They appear more seasoned than most of our new recruits have been. That's a good sign! But they're still probably on edge about not being able to log out! They'll need me in full 'Mina mode!

Her inner pep talk is beginning to take effect, but still there is something bothering her. Gingi... she asked people to join her, but where is she?

Just then the Wavemistress walked into the room & introduced herself to the newcomers. The LongArm, alone in her corner, breathed a sigh of releaf. Thank goodness! With Nall lost to us, Gingi is the one who holds us together! No matter how much she might dislike the job! I was afraid... She cannot even finish the thought, not even to herself. The idea that Rayo might have left because another leader had fallen was still fresh in the back of her mind, but she would not willingly call it to the forefront.

She's changed her look... & a new staff! Wow! That's sweet!

Whenever the timeline is now (i think... *grins*)...
A sparkle glimmered again in her eyes. She was ready to great their new arrivals. Standing up the diminuative girl cast her eyes across them... none seemed to be looking her way. Wipping a stray tear aside she dons a dazzling smile as she steps out of hiding. "Hello! Pleased to meet you all!"

(ooc: pooh! not as good as I would have hoped, but I knew I couldn't have 'Mina stay quiet for too much longer! Feel free to fit her into any posts as you see fit! Bubbly & energetic but not ditzy or a valleygirl, okies?)
Level 33
Skills: JukRepulse (WoodL2), RaiWipe (ThunderL2), RueKruz(1:S:Water), DekGanz (dec. Earth), RaiRom (1:Thunder), Repth, RipTeyn
Specials: LifeDrain
Items: 4Antidote, 2Restorative, 23Health Drink, 10Mage'sSoul, 5Ressurect

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Sun Nov 23, 2003 6:48 pm

Gingitsune nodded as Vera told her story, it had begun in that strange corrupt field that she herself had led them into. Everything there had been as from a twisted kind of fairytale, the darkness, the spiders, the old blind woman and the poisoned food.
She might have suspected it, the old woman was hardly an innocent when the very signs which had guided them have said, outright, that she was evil.
Gingitsune decided quickly what would be done with Vera. They wouldn't do anything to her, but they would have to watch her- at all times- though discreetly. She decided to give these orders later on, when she saw that Vera indeed was normal, and wasn't simply pulling an act.
If the old woman was responsible, chances were that the illusion and delusion had indeed worn off, as the poison had, and that it had just been a little longer lasting than most... and yet, what if there was something more to it, what if that had been a hacker's field, and the old woman a hacker's illusion?
Gingitsune sensed that whatever was coming was coming very soon, it was right on their heels, and would strike in Dun Loireag.
With no further delay she helped Vera to her feet, and aided her in returning to the hideout. When she arrived there her face suddenly lit up with a sort of happy relief.
"Armina!" she said cheerfully, walking up to her old friend.
Whatever the problem, it seemed as if Armina could always be counted on to cheer them up.
"I take it you missed the whole fiasco outside, well it's over and done with- hopefully!" she said, the smile still on her face.
More and more of her old comrades were returning, to Gingitsune's relief, it would be easier to bear the job of leader with more friends around her.

Hijinx
Exalted Player

Post by Hijinx » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:31 pm

OOC: I assume Shugotenshi was refering to me. If not, I'll just adjust it accordingly. Sorry about this, but I feel it's the only right thing to do in my present situation.

Laughing at the pitiful attempt at sneakery hijinx smiled to herself. Chuckling inwardly she spoke mockingly to Shugotenshi, who had her aim fixed on her. "Children shouldn't play with such things, you're liable to hurt yourself! You leave yourself so open for attack; all I need to do is this!" Throwing her weight forward, hijinx grabs the blade on the sides with her feet as the off-balance kain topples forward. Using the force of the forward motion and gravity she whips Shugotenshi up and over kain who had just started to rise to feet. Coming down in a wide arc, the heavy blade slams into the ground in front of the rabbitine twin-blade with a thud and a loud cry of agony. Doing a little victory dance , she waves happily to tokki and remarks on how she must have had a delightful vacation. "Bet you didn't expect a counter like that did you." Looking over to hijinx when he heard the noise, tirath loudly orders hijinx to play nice.

OOC: These always look so long when I make them, tey so tiny when I post!Woe is me!"
Hijinx the Lucky Former Rabbit
Level 35.000 Fist Fighter
Equip: Fist Guards, Wyrm Hide, guard cap, Snow panther, silver bracers
Item: 5 ressurect, 2 antidote, 10 healing potions, 6 Emperor's Soul, 3 Raging Earth, 5 Ice Floe, 4 Gale Breath, Knights Bane, 10 Speed Charms
Money: 1103gp
"The problem with life is there's no back-ground music."

Vera
Exalted Player

Post by Vera » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:29 am

"Sleepy time" Vera said as she walked over too a small corner and waved too Armina as she curled up and started to fall asleep. "Good night" she mumbled as she completely doozed off

ooc; ahh busy
Weapon: Shadow Guns
Armor: GunnerHeadband|Gunner Cloak|Dark Gunner Gloves|Shadow Anklet
Skills:Rapid Shot|Ani Eater|Ap Torv|La Repth|Ani Kruz
Money:8608
Items:Many
Power: Night Vision and Blindness Immune
Wishlist: More Ultra Light Gunner Equipment

Golden Orb is Currently: faint blue glow

Gingitsune
WaveMistress

Post by Gingitsune » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:05 pm

Gingitsune sighed, and closed her eyes for a few seconds, savoring the darkness of the hideout before leaving it again, entrusting the sleeping to Armina. Once outside she noticed that the sky of Dun Loireag, that usual cheerful blue, was now dark, grey and stormy. Her eyes narrowed, and a scowl appeared across her face.
Perfect. Just Perfect.
She knew exactly what it meant, they had just gotten over one obstacle, and the next was hurtling right toward them.
Were the new recruits even ready for this?
With a swift, graceful motion she spread her large, dark cloak around her, hiding her body and cowling her head.
With a springing movement she threw herself up onto a nearby rooftop and managed to flatten herself low onto the surface.
Passing through the alleyway to her left were another pair of dark players, both employing the same method as her, cloaks and capes draped over their identity.
Gingitsune, however, could easily guess who they were only by listening to their voices. One of them was feminine, high-pitched and arrogant with a strangely annoying laugh.
Gingitsune shook her head, Royce, what was a hacker battle without her own rival around?
The other was male, slightly familiar and yet no one she could quite place...

With a deft little leap Gingitsune managed to land her piercing heel on Royce's shoulder, push off, and disappear onto the rooftop once again with little effort, and before the hacker could act.
Gingitsune smiled, atleast it wouldn't be boring... Boredom was the worst of all, and a good battle could cheer anyone up.

(note, I'm giving away gifts to all members of Main who post substantially in the Quest between now and December 12th, you will recieve your presents later than that, but they're very cool and need quite a bit of preparation! Believe me, you'll love the presents :D... and, Asgard? Ou est-ce qu'est toi?

Nighthand
Master of Games
Class: Bladesmage

Post by Nighthand » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:39 pm

(OOC: very short post, not a lot of time on my hands at the moment. damn college essays.)

Nighthand, his hopes shattered of owning the sword, slumped to the ground. gripping his knees in his arms, he rocks slowly, muttering to himself.

suddenly, a change sweeps over him. he rises, and moves to a wall. there, he leans against it, seemingly asleep. nothing around him disturbs him, and not even the appearance of the hackers moves him.

Phoenix512
Exalted Player

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:55 am

Phoenix was woken up from the various people returning from the hideout. He noticed that he felt much better than earlier when his entire body was sore and force him to lay on the bed. He noticed that there were a couple of new people that he didn't recognize earlier. One person was a female Long Arm with cat ears hiding in her hair. Another person was a female Wavemaster who was more cat than human. He assumed that they must be allies of Gingitsune and could possibly trust them. Phoenix was still having a little trouble of moving around but he decided to go on a walk outside. Before Phoenix was about to leave the hideout, he noticed Asura was about to fall asleep and wanted to ask him something. He approached Asura and ask him about the new people. He told Phoenix about the cat wavemistress who name was Vera and she attacked Kodel, Asgard, and Gingitsune. Asura continued to talk about how Tokki saved Gingitsune by using the collar on Vera's neck. Phoenix remembered Tokki from the final round of a tournament in the past which she used her powers of ice to defeat Tsurugi. He was in the stands in the final fight and was excited to have such a powerful ally on their team. He asked Asura one more question.

"Asura, have you experienced pain soon after you couldn't logout from the World? If you didn't experience pain, then you are a lucky one since my body felt all the pain from every battle that I fought. The pain caused me to blackout and even now I'm still can barely move without feeling sore." After hearing Asura's answer, Phoenix said one more thing before leaving the hideout.

"Asura, I'm going to take a walk for a little bit. I'll be back soon hopefully." Phoenix approached towards the wall where the door was and opened up as he got closer towards the door. He walked out of the door and noticed that the sky lost its beautiful blue color and was dark and gloomy. Phoenix remembered his real life home sky was being dark and grey most of the time but this was a game and the sky in a town was blue unless some evil comes to the town and changes the sky from blue to grey. He took out his sword and began to go from a walk to a run. He hoped that he could take a nice walk to get the soreness out of his body but that was not going to happen now. His body was beginning to ignore the soreness as the adrendine race throughout his body. He didn't know who was his enemy now or even his ally but he had to find the evil now as he ran across town hoping to notice the enemy and could something about it.

(OOC: Asura, you can add what you said in our talk from earlier.)
Phoenix
Level 48 Blademaster
Equipped Skills: Vak Revolver, Gan Revolver, Dek Vorv, La Repth, Juk Kruz, Rue Kruz, BiVak Rom, GiGan Zot
Other Skills: Rue Kruz, Rip Synk, Rip Saem, Crack Beat, Rue Slash, Ani Slash, Gan Crack, Gan Revolver

Wish List: Phoenix's Fire, Gold Necklace
EX-Spheres: LV 3 - Overdrive, LV 3 - Curative, LV 3 - Elemental Breath

Wren
Elevated Player

Post by Wren » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:52 am

Wren sighed, looking up at the skies of Dun Loireag as they gradually sunk into gloom and meager shadow. "I wonder what this is all about." He hadn't bothered to see if any of the other players out and about noticed the change in climate, but he continued to stare up at the sky, the hum of the Chaos Gate still echoing in his head.

"Last time I saw skies darken, the Wavemaster was in town. Though, this is a new server. Maybe it's just the way things work here?" Highly perplexed by this, and at a loss as to where the Vanguards went, Wren decided to return to the Grunty Farm. Perhaps the others know what's going on. Who knows? Maybe I'll find some Vanguards there, other than Asura. Suddenly the thought of Asura running back to the Grunty Farm hoping Wren hadn't seen him came to mind and all Wren could do was smile behind his scarf, trying not to laugh.

Passing over the landbridge of earth and stone, Wren slid his right arm behind his back and rest his left wrist on the hilt of the Prometheus, as he was accustomed to doing in his earlier days of The World. Once he was over into the main venue of Dun Loireag, he thought he saw a shadow pass over the buildings on his right. Looking over in that direction he found nothing but clouds. Just my imagination, I guess.

The winds grew colder than they had been and sent a shiver down Wren's spine. He hoped it was nothing serious going on. It had only been a few days since his encounter with the Wavemaster, and he would have enjoyed some recouperation time.

When Wren reached the opposite end of Dun Loireag's main isle, the "Plaza", if you will, something called him back. There was this unmistakeable feeling as if he had to be there. His wings unfurled and flapped a few times, sending feathers off into the distance and Wren slowly began to turn around.
Wren | Blademaster | Lvl. 30 | Ap Raio | Ap Do | Ap Vakz | Ani Slash | Vak Slash | Miu Lei | GiVak Kruz | Rai Kruz | Rue Rom | Repth |